PDA

View Full Version : Movin' on up

BroncoSojia
05-27-2010, 12:34 PM
http://blogs.denverpost.com/broncos/2010/05/27/tebow-moves-up-to-no-3-qb/

Tebow moves up to No. 3 QB
By MIKE KLIS

It appears rookie quarterback Tim Tebow has passed second-year QB Tom Brandstater on the Broncos depth chart.

Tebow was the third quarterback in during the first and second offensive play series of the Broncos’ organized training activity Thursday. Returning starter Kyle Orton took plenty of reps with the No. 1 unit and Brady Quinn got his reps at No. 2.

And then Tebow went in next, followed by Brandstater. Although Brandstater was third in on individual quarterback drills, it was definitely Tebow at No. 3 during the team drill.

Tebow’s throwing motion, by the way, is still a tad long. But he does fire with decent zip and accuracy.

wow that was pretty quick :laugh: anyone think he could be the 2nd string QB by end of training camp?

BroncoWave
05-27-2010, 12:40 PM
Watch your back Mr. Quinn, you're next! :D

DenBronx
05-27-2010, 01:00 PM

wow that was pretty quick :laugh: anyone think he could be the 2nd string QB by end of training camp?

I think he could be 1st QB by the end of training camp.

Cause Orton sucks...

dogfish
05-27-2010, 01:05 PM

Tebow moves up to No. 3 QB
By MIKE KLIS

It appears rookie quarterback Tim Tebow has passed second-year QB Tom Brandstater on the Broncos depth chart.

Tebow was the third quarterback in during the first and second offensive play series of the Broncos’ organized training activity Thursday. Returning starter Kyle Orton took plenty of reps with the No. 1 unit and Brady Quinn got his reps at No. 2.

And then Tebow went in next, followed by Brandstater. Although Brandstater was third in on individual quarterback drills, it was definitely Tebow at No. 3 during the team drill.

Tebow’s throwing motion, by the way, is still a tad long. But he does fire with decent zip and accuracy.

i don't think he could be, i think he will be. . . brady quinn's no impediment to his progress. . . besides, tebow needs to be the number two quarterback so we can actually use him on game day, in wild ass and goal line packages. . . once the emergency QB comes in you can't use your other guys, so tebow will have to be second string. . .

brandstater and quinn will fight for the last roster spot. . . .

BigBroncLove
05-27-2010, 01:20 PM
I'd be really worried if Tebow couldn't pass Brandstater on the depth chart this year, but its good to hear its happened.

Just looking forward to seeing more of Walton at Center now and hows he's coming together with Kuper and Olsen.

Tempus Fugit
05-27-2010, 01:24 PM
If this is a sign of a switch already, rather than just a move to insure fair numbers of snaps, Brandstater might as well ask for his release right now. If he couldn't hold off Tebow even until June, he's better served getting a head start on looking for employment elsewhere.

broncofaninfla
05-27-2010, 01:33 PM
Tebow already moving up Broncos' quarterback depth chart (http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/05/27/tebow-already-moving-up-broncos-quarterback-depth-chart/)

Posted by Michael David Smith on May 27, 2010 2:02 PM ET
Just five weeks after the Denver Broncos took him in the first round of the draft, Tim Tebow (http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playerpages/player_main.aspx?sport=NFL&id=5096) has already taken a small step up the depth chart.

Although Tebow started fourth on the depth chart (http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/05/17/tebow-starts-fourth-on-the-depth-chart/), Mike Klis of the Denver Post reports that Tebow has passed (http://blogs.denverpost.com/broncos/2010/05/27/tebow-moves-up-to-no-3-qb/?utm_source=twitter.com&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=twitter&utm_content=Twitter) second-year quarterback Tom Brandstater (http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playerpages/player_main.aspx?sport=NFL&id=5283) on the depth chart.

During today's organized team activities, Kyle Orton (http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playerpages/player_main.aspx?sport=NFL&id=3214) was working with the first offense, Brady Quinn (http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playerpages/player_main.aspx?sport=NFL&id=4149) was working with the second, and then Tebow was working in ahead of Brandstater.

Obviously, as a first-round draft choice, it was just a matter of time before Tebow moved ahead of Brandstater. The big question is how much longer he'll be behind Orton and Quinn.

dogfish
05-27-2010, 01:34 PM
If this is a sign of a switch already, rather than just a move to insure fair numbers of snaps, Brandstater might as well ask for his release right now. If he couldn't hold off Tebow even until June, he's better served getting a head start on looking for employment elsewhere.

we wouldn't be better served granting it, though. . .

what happens to us if orton breaks his ankle?

besides, his main competition for the third QB spot is brady quinn-- he's not going to find any easier competition anywhere else. . . if he can't beat out quinn, he may as well start thinking CFL. . .

GGMoogly
05-27-2010, 01:36 PM
:sing::sing::sing: ♫The hills are alive, with the sound of TEBOWWW♫:sing::sing::sing:
:dancing2:

SOCALORADO.
05-27-2010, 01:36 PM
1 down 2 more to go.
By Wed. Tebow will be No.1

The Glue Factory
05-27-2010, 02:08 PM
1 down 2 more to go.
By Wed. Tebow will be No.1

Seriously doubt that but I says there's a good chance he'll be there before the end of the year. Especially if Orton has another year like last year AND Tebow continues to progress the entire time.

BroncoWave
05-27-2010, 02:10 PM
Seriously doubt that but I says there's a good chance he'll be there before the end of the year. Especially if Orton has another year like last year AND Tebow continues to progress the entire time.

He wasn't being serious.

silkamilkamonico
05-27-2010, 02:10 PM
McDaniels just needs to cut Brandstater now and be done with it.

Northman
05-27-2010, 02:40 PM
Considering Tebow's hype and draft selection is this really a surprise? lol

broncofaninfla
05-27-2010, 03:06 PM
Until these guys start wearing pads it's tough for me to trust any depth chart at this point,

honz
05-27-2010, 03:31 PM
Brandstater will go to the practice squad. No need to cut him at any point in the near future.

WARHORSE
05-27-2010, 03:35 PM
I still dont understand why Tebows motion pauses at the back end. It should be one fluid motion.

I see the ability to do it......Ive seen him do it in games even....but watching him throw warm up passes in practice makes me scratch my head.

Practice the motion youre going to use on game day.

Outside of that, I think even though Brandstater has been passed by Tebow doesnt mean he wont stick. But it doesnt help his chances either.

This may be the coaches way of telling Brandstater: "We got four QBs, and we want you to show us why we should keep four on the roster......"

Its possible, but not likely. He may go on the practice squad.

dogfish
05-27-2010, 04:34 PM
McDaniels just needs to cut Brandstater now and be done with it.

he's not going to-- that would be a stupid decision. . .

what, we really need the extra roster spot that badly in may??

nothing like making a move that entails moderate risk but brings zero benefit. . . we gain absolutely nothing from releasing him, but we take on the risk that one of our other QBs gets hurt in camp or pre-season, and because someone else has signed him, we're stuck bringing in a street free agent instead of a guy who already has a year in our system. . .

we also voluntarily surrender any chance that we might be able to move either him or quinn if somebody else loses a QB in camp. . . besides, brandy's earned the right to compete with quinn for the third quarterback spot. . .

dogfish
05-27-2010, 04:35 PM
Considering Tebow's unbelievable awesomeness, is this really a surprise? lol

^ fixed ^

slim
05-27-2010, 05:43 PM
http://i198.photobucket.com/albums/aa127/jefslo_24/145150__jeffersons_l.jpg

KyleOrtonArmySoldier#128
05-27-2010, 05:57 PM

Tooo the east side

Broncolingus
05-27-2010, 11:12 PM

What you say, Weezy???

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_X_d6JjJ00I4/RyoAv0STTNI/AAAAAAAAIfU/rtCJvmHJH-4/s400/george+jefferson.jpg

TXBRONC
05-27-2010, 11:21 PM
I wouldn't make to much out of Tebow moving up a slot in the pecking order. If Tebow moves up to number two on the depth chart during camp and stays there that will mean a lot more than what's happening in OTAs.

TXBRONC
05-27-2010, 11:25 PM
he's not going to-- that would be a stupid decision. . .

what, we really need the extra roster spot that badly in may??

nothing like making a move that entails moderate risk but brings zero benefit. . . we gain absolutely nothing from releasing him, but we take on the risk that one of our other QBs gets hurt in camp or pre-season, and because someone else has signed him, we're stuck bringing in a street free agent instead of a guy who already has a year in our system. . .

we also voluntarily surrender any chance that we might be able to move either him or quinn if somebody else loses a QB in camp. . . besides, brandy's earned the right to compete with quinn for the third quarterback spot. . .

OTAs is one thing, but what about when we get to camp? It could be pretty tough to get four quarterbacks adequate reps. Also didn't we just have three quarterbacks in camp all of last year?

GGMoogly
05-28-2010, 02:24 AM
:drinking:Put Brandstater on the practice squad and start Orton, Quinn, and Tebow together in the backfield. Call it the wild hair up the ass formation.:cheers:

jhildebrand
05-28-2010, 11:51 AM
Personally, I would hope my team's QB drafted in the first round moves up the depth chart.

TXBRONC
05-28-2010, 11:56 AM
Personally, I would hope my team's QB drafted in the first round moves up the depth chart.

Absolutely, but I'm not sure it means much in OTAs. However, I do hope that Tebow can move up the depth chart during training camp.

BroncoWave
05-28-2010, 11:59 AM
I'll be very surprised if he's not at least the #2 guy heading into the first regular season game. I also think he'll get some decent PT in the 3rd preseason game to see how he can do against a starting defense.

TXBRONC
05-28-2010, 12:15 PM
I'll be very surprised if he's not at least the #2 guy heading into the first regular season game. I also think he'll get some decent PT in the 3rd preseason game to see how he can do against a starting defense.

He might. Here's a quote from Paige's Mailbag:

http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_15169306

One of his closest friends in Denver says I'm totally wrong to question Orton's work habits and leadership, but at the end of the workout a few days ago, Orton walked off the field. Tebow and Quinn stayed on. It wasn't demanded of them.

Why wouldn't their presence motivate Orton? Oh, the Broncos will never trade anybody because I suggest it.

BroncoWave
05-28-2010, 12:23 PM
It surprises me to hear that about Orton. I was talking to Matt Forte a year ago (he was finishing his degree at Tulane) and he said that Orton was the hardest worker on the team and always went the extra mile before and after practice.

If what Paige said is true, maybe Orton knows his days in Denver are numbered and he's mailing it in. I really hope that's not the case though, I wouldn't think Orton a person to go about things like that.

silkamilkamonico
05-28-2010, 12:28 PM
If what Paige said is true, maybe Orton knows his days in Denver are numbered and he's mailing it in. I really hope that's not the case though, I wouldn't think Orton a person to go about things like that.

I think it's utter bullshit. For one, it's Woody Paige, so that says enough. And then Orton fully realizes his next contract/oppurtunity rides on what he does this year for his next team. He's not going to commit career suicide by mailing it in.

BroncoWave
05-28-2010, 12:31 PM
I think it's utter bullshit. For one, it's Woody Paige, so that says enough. And then Orton fully realizes his next contract/oppurtunity rides on what he does this year for his next team. He's not going to commit career suicide by mailing it in.

You're probably right. Nothing I've ever heard about Orton would suggest that he's not giving it his all.

TXBRONC
05-28-2010, 12:41 PM
It surprises me to hear that about Orton. I was talking to Matt Forte a year ago (he was finishing his degree at Tulane) and he said that Orton was the hardest worker on the team and always went the extra mile before and after practice.

The things that Paige writes are not necessarily accurate but I don't think he would intentionally lie about something he claimed he had seen. There is possiblity that Orton needed to get to something else so maybe he couldn't stay.

The point I was really try to make is that Tim claimed that he wouldn't be out worked and that he would put in the extra time to get better. That kind of worth with results will move him up the food chain.

jhildebrand
05-28-2010, 01:15 PM
Absolutely, but I'm not sure it means much in OTAs. However, I do hope that Tebow can move up the depth chart during training camp.

I'll take moving up anywhere in the offseason so long as it is genuine and deserved.

TXBRONC
05-28-2010, 05:11 PM
I'll take moving up anywhere in the offseason so long as it is genuine and deserved.

If I'm not mistaken before OTAs began McDaniels said we would see some flip flopping like this and that we shouldn't make to much of it.

jhildebrand
05-28-2010, 05:41 PM
If I'm not mistaken before OTAs began McDaniels said we would see some flip flopping like this and that we shouldn't make to much of it.

Ultimately, we will ALL make more of it. It's the offseason :lol:

LenDale cut in Seattle already :laugh:

TXBRONC
05-28-2010, 05:46 PM
Ultimately, we will ALL make more of it. It's the offseason :lol:

LenDale cut in Seattle already :laugh:

True, we have to have something to talk about.

dogfish
05-28-2010, 08:15 PM
leave it to that bum woody to dig up something to try and start some shit. . .

it's not surprising that the younger guys might need some additional technique work, while the vet leaves the field with the rest of the guys. . .

not that orton doesn't need plenty of work, but with no idea what they were working on, it's tough to judge. . . i've never accused orton of being a great quarterback, but i've also never heard any questions about his work ethic, so i won't believe that there are any until i hear it from a more legitimate source than some cheap woody innuendo. . .

Medford Bronco
05-28-2010, 09:03 PM

They moved on up from here :D http://www.tvland.com/photogallery/photos/11_allinthefamily_cast2.jpg

Bosco
05-29-2010, 04:00 AM

it's not surprising that the younger guys might need some additional technique work, while the vet leaves the field with the rest of the guys. . .

not that orton doesn't need plenty of work, but with no idea what they were working on, it's tough to judge. . . i've never accused orton of being a great quarterback, but i've also never heard any questions about his work ethic, so i won't believe that there are any until i hear it from a more legitimate source than some cheap woody innuendo. . .

Exactly. OTA's is where you begin to install the schemes. Unlike the two newbies, there isn't much that Orton could have gained by sticking around.

TXBRONC
05-29-2010, 11:42 AM

My real point was that Tebow was staying on the field for extra work so that he can get better. The other part I take with a grain of salt. I can believe Orton left the field after practice was over, but that doesn't me why he didn't stay other quarterbacks.

T.K.O.
05-29-2010, 03:30 PM
They moved on up from here :D http://www.tvland.com/photogallery/photos/11_allinthefamily_cast2.jpg

that lionel had one bad a$$ fro !

tomjonesrocks
05-29-2010, 06:03 PM
:amen: