PDA

View Full Version : Dexter

Northman
05-22-2008, 10:30 PM
Any fans here? Im currently waiting for Season 3 to start up on Showtime. I know that regular tv has picked up Season 1 but they have butchered it (no pun intended) to the point where all the good stuff is cut out. For those who are unfamiliar with it its a story based on a guy named Dexter. By day he is a forensics officer for the miami police (at least i think its miami cant remember). But by night he is a serial killer who kills criminals who he deems need to go. The first two seasons were fantastic so now's your chance to get caught up on them. :D

Cleveland Rocks
05-22-2008, 10:45 PM
Yea, it's a good show. I rather like it.

girler
06-03-2008, 07:03 PM
Any fans here? Im currently waiting for Season 3 to start up on Showtime. I know that regular tv has picked up Season 1 but they have butchered it (no pun intended) to the point where all the good stuff is cut out. For those who are unfamiliar with it its a story based on a guy named Dexter. By day he is a forensics officer for the miami police (at least i think its miami cant remember). But by night he is a serial killer who kills criminals who he deems need to go. The first two seasons were fantastic so now's your chance to get caught up on them. :D

Have you read the books? They are way cool. The first book and the first season kinda match up until about 2/3 of the way through, then the TV show totally takes off on it's own.

I love the TV show too though. Since they no longer follow the books, I'm still surprised at what happens. :D

girler
10-10-2008, 04:47 PM
Season 3 has started, anyone watching it? Very interesting! Once again, totally departed from the book storyline, but cool nonetheless. I like Jimmy Smitts character. Dex just digs himself in deeper and deeper! :laugh:

And if anyone wants to help Dex get rid of bodies, here is a game I just found today. :lol:

http://www.sho.com/site/dexter/bodybagtoss.do?source=m_dex3_home_sept08_bodybag

Northman
10-10-2008, 05:51 PM
Yea, im all over it like glue. :)

Broncolingus
10-28-2008, 11:16 PM
I'm with ya'll...Jimmy Smits is playing WAY big in this season.

Also can't wait for Brotherhood to start back up again...

girler
10-29-2008, 08:50 AM
I read somewhere that Showtime has picked up Dexter for Season 4 and 5. I guess they can totally do what they want now for storylines because there are only 3 books! :laugh:

NightTrainLayne
10-29-2008, 09:16 AM
I watched quite a bit of season one when they re-aired it on the network (can't remember which one)

I really enjoyed it. I'll have to get the DVD's sometime.

The actor (can't remember his name right now either) is a superb actor. I really enjoyed him in "Six Feet Under" on HBO. If you enjoy Dexter, you would probably enjoy that one as well to get on DVD.

Kapaibro
10-29-2008, 12:06 PM
Dexter is great. I've only seen the first season, but it is so clever!

girler
11-17-2008, 08:28 PM
Has anyone seen this week's show (season 3, episode 8) yet??? :eek:

gnomeflinger
11-17-2008, 09:09 PM
I'm a noob Dexter watcher. I've only seen the first ever show in season one. I probably shouldn't have mentioned what a Dexter loser I am. :laugh: I'll catch up soon.

girler
12-03-2008, 10:43 AM
I about peed my pants at the end of this week's episode! :shocked::eek::shocked: I watch can't watch it on Sunday nights, so I watch it on Monday mornings- but this Monday I had to work all day and couldn't rewind and re-watch or anything! I was :shocked: all day long! :laugh:

So the question is, is Dex in serious trouble in the hands of a cruel killer, or innocently on his way to his own batchelor party??? Anyone want to take a guess??? I'm biting my nails all week!!! AAAAAAHHHHHH!!!!!!

Kapaibro
12-03-2008, 12:32 PM
May I also recommend The Fringe, and The Mentalist.

2 very clever new shows with a dark side.

girler
09-07-2009, 12:22 PM
Dexter Season 4, Episode 1 is available out there on the internets if anyone wants to look for it... Great season opener!!! Otherwise you can wait until 9/27 to see it on Showtime. :salute:

nbenallo33
09-07-2009, 02:13 PM
oh yeah i love dexter i am watching all the seasons on ondemend but im almost done with season 3... season 4 is about to start

gnomeflinger
09-07-2009, 02:16 PM
I love me some Dexter.

nbenallo33
09-08-2009, 09:02 AM
I about peed my pants at the end of this week's episode! :shocked::eek::shocked: I watch can't watch it on Sunday nights, so I watch it on Monday mornings- but this Monday I had to work all day and couldn't rewind and re-watch or anything! I was :shocked: all day long! :laugh:

So the question is, is Dex in serious trouble in the hands of a cruel killer, or innocently on his way to his own batchelor party??? Anyone want to take a guess??? I'm biting my nails all week!!! AAAAAAHHHHHH!!!!!!

are you talking about Miguel?

nbenallo33
09-08-2009, 09:05 AM
season 4 starts sunday september 27!!
http://www.sho.com/site/dexter/home.do

Reidman
09-08-2009, 09:58 AM
Dexter!!....:woot:

Can't wait. Watched all 3 seasons in like 2mos...

http://www.showtimefan.com/files/2009/08/dexter4_posterb-403x590.jpg

girler
09-08-2009, 12:21 PM
are you talking about Miguel?

I was talking about the episode that ended with Dexter getting kidnapped just as he was getting into his car. His hands were taped behind him and he was shoved into the trunk of another car, then driven away-- This made everyone believe "the skinner" had him (police officers would have used handcuffs, right???). I won't say anything else in case others haven't seen that episode.

nbenallo33
09-08-2009, 01:10 PM
I was talking about the episode that ended with Dexter getting kidnapped just as he was getting into his car. His hands were taped behind him and he was shoved into the trunk of another car, then driven away-- This made everyone believe "the skinner" had him (police officers would have used handcuffs, right???). I won't say anything else in case others haven't seen that episode.

i dont remember that?? i just finished where they broke into the shed where anton was... where is that episode from where you are talking about? i dont remember that part when someone put dexter in the trunk

girler
09-08-2009, 07:23 PM
i dont remember that?? i just finished where they broke into the shed where anton was... where is that episode from where you are talking about? i dont remember that part when someone put dexter in the trunk

Oh wow. Maybe it's the next episode??? Good thing I didn't tell anything else about it!!! Keep watching!

nbenallo33
09-08-2009, 11:13 PM
okay it was episode 10 that that happened in girler... im going to watch episode 11 now ondemand!

did you see what happened yet?

nbenallo33
09-08-2009, 11:16 PM
OMG! I just started episode 11 i cant believe what happened... that is too crazy!

Reidman
09-08-2009, 11:28 PM
Dexter Season 4, Episode 1 is available out there on the internets if anyone wants to look for it... Great season opener!!! Otherwise you can wait until 9/27 to see it on Showtime. :salute:

Downloaded and sitting on my hard drive...haven't watched it yet...

I was thinking it was just an opener to season 4 to catch people up on the series (but not actually relevant to this season), similar to what they did for last season's Lost....so is this the actual Ep 1 of season 4?

girler
09-08-2009, 11:33 PM
Downloaded and sitting on my hard drive...haven't watched it yet...

I was thinking it was just an opener to season 4 to catch people up on the series (but not actually relevant to this season), similar to what they did for last season's Lost....so is this the actual Ep 1 of season 4?

YES! It introduces John Lithgow as the Trinity killer and everything. You see Dexter and Rita and their 3 kids in their new house- Dexter is trying to figure out how to be a good dad, husband, and serial killer all at the same time...

Reidman
09-08-2009, 11:36 PM
YES! It introduces John Lithgow as the Trinity killer and everything. You see Dexter and Rita and their 3 kids in their new house- Dexter is trying to figure out how to be a good dad, husband, and serial killer all at the same time...

AWESOME! I'll watch it tomorrow..

girler
09-09-2009, 02:36 AM
OMG! I just started episode 11 i cant believe what happened... that is too crazy!

Yes, CRAZY huh???

girler
09-09-2009, 11:54 AM
Oh hey, I just saw that Dexter, book 4 is out! It's called "Dexter by Design" and he's up against some kind of killer artist. Cool! Something to read while we're waiting for season 4 to start. :D

Reidman
09-10-2009, 01:03 PM
Just finished watching the new season 4, first episode...crazy..can't wait for more..

"Now I'm killing for two..." :lol:

girler
09-10-2009, 01:05 PM
Just finished watching the new season 4, first episode...crazy..can't wait for more..

"Now I'm killing for two..." :lol:

That was an awesome quote! :laugh:

The writers like to put him in situations that seem impossible to get out of, but then he's out within the first 3 minutes of the next show. I wonder how he'll get out of THIS one??? W:shocked:W

nbenallo33
09-10-2009, 01:28 PM
dont say anything.. dont say anything :lalala:

girler
09-10-2009, 01:39 PM
dont say anything.. dont say anything :lalala:

I didn't give anything away. I gave more away when I talked about him getting kidnapped, but you didn't see it coming, did you?!?! Nope. Thought so. :whip:

nbenallo33
09-10-2009, 01:57 PM
no i didnt see it comming.. at first you said it was episode 8 and i just figured i missed that part or something.. haha

girler
09-10-2009, 02:08 PM
no i didnt see it comming.. at first you said it was episode 8 and i just figured i missed that part or something.. haha

Well good thing I'm a dork then. :beer:

nbenallo33
09-27-2009, 06:55 PM
season 4 tonight! :elefant::elefant::elefant:

Broncos win and Dexter... good day for TV

Northman
09-27-2009, 06:56 PM
Even before i read your post. Im geared up for the new season. THE SERIAL KILLER IS BACK IN TOWN!

ikillz0mbies
09-29-2009, 10:46 PM
I just started season 3. I watch episodes before class starts. I don't want to watch it online because I love buying the DVD's. So.......don't spoil the upcoming season haha.

Northman
12-14-2009, 06:40 AM
Wow, the season finale was a doozy! Didnt see that coming at all. God i love this show.

girler
12-14-2009, 07:42 PM
Wow, the season finale was a doozy! Didnt see that coming at all. God i love this show.

I just now watched it and I'm totally freaked. :laugh: They hand fed us everything pushing us right towards that ending, and we were totally blind, feeling all warm and fuzzy, then BAM!!!! Fuzzy feeling gone! :scared:

I feel like a little kid who found out the life-sized gingerbread house has an evil witch and I'm gonna get et for dinner.

Northman
12-14-2009, 09:20 PM
I just now watched it and I'm totally freaked. :laugh: They hand fed us everything pushing us right towards that ending, and we were totally blind, feeling all warm and fuzzy, then BAM!!!! Fuzzy feeling gone! :scared:

I feel like a little kid who found out the life-sized gingerbread house has an evil witch and I'm gonna get et for dinner.

Exactly.

MasterShake
12-14-2009, 10:04 PM
Exactly.

Great season. Easily tops season 3 in my book. The last 2 episodes especially had a feeling of doom in them, and when the phone was ringing at the end you just knew...

John Lithgow was great as Trinity, too.

Reidman
12-17-2009, 12:44 AM
WOw..! Just watched and I'm slightly depressed right now...what a gut punch!

gnomeflinger
12-17-2009, 11:41 AM
I'm in shock. Wow. What a way to end the season! I think I need some therapy now.

spikerman
01-25-2010, 09:15 PM
Great season. Easily tops season 3 in my book. The last 2 episodes especially had a feeling of doom in them, and when the phone was ringing at the end you just knew...

John Lithgow was great as Trinity, too.

Lithgow is an AMAZING actor. The guy is good in everything he does.

It sucks about Michael Hall having cancer. Here's to a full recovery! :beer:

nbenallo33
08-03-2010, 09:08 AM
cant wait till season 5!!
here is a little preview!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CUbCMbW-BRE

MasterShake
08-03-2010, 10:05 AM
Its gonna be hard to top last season. Lithgow was great as Trinity. Looks like his only nemesis this time is his past.

nbenallo33
08-03-2010, 10:07 AM
yea its gonna be hard for dexter to get himself out of this one... im sure he will do it though

girler
08-03-2010, 01:39 PM
I was excited all year for True Blood to start, but that has NOTHING on how excited I am for Dexter!!! TB is entertaining and all, but Dexter is just on a whole 'nother level! :salute:

Northman
08-03-2010, 01:44 PM
Its going to be interesting for sure.

BroncoNut
08-03-2010, 01:46 PM
never wathced it.

girler
08-03-2010, 02:30 PM
never wathced it.

You are MISSING OUT, Nut. Get the first season on Netflix, and you'll be hooked!

BroncoNut
08-03-2010, 02:51 PM
You are MISSING OUT, Nut. Get the first season on Netflix, and you'll be hooked!

I googled and looked at a scene. Looks pretty bizarre. I think I could get into that. I'll check it out.

MasterShake
08-03-2010, 02:56 PM
I googled and looked at a scene. Looks pretty bizarre. I think I could get into that. I'll check it out.

Scroll down to click on a season if you want to check out full episodes online:

http://www.freeonlineepisodes.net/watch-dexter-online-episodes-for-free/

Skip the part that says Select an Episode to Watch, the seasons are listed below that. Once you click in, they have the name of each episode. Seasons 1 and 4 are the best IMO, but check them all out if you get time. The top tab that says TV shows also has just about any other show you'd care to watch.

BroncoNut
08-03-2010, 04:07 PM
Thanks Shake. I'll chec that out manana.

Nick
09-27-2010, 10:20 AM
That was a Strong premier! Now it just sucks to have to wait a week for next episode.

MasterShake
09-27-2010, 11:43 AM
Gonna watch this tonight. Can't wait for this season!

Buff
09-29-2010, 04:56 AM
I didn't see seasons 1-3, but then got hooked watching all of season 4 on OnDemand.

Just watched the season 5 premier and I thought it was so flawed that it was virtually unwatchable... I don't want to spoil anything for those who haven't watched, but I would like to hear what other people thought of episdoe 1.

MasterShake
09-29-2010, 07:41 AM
I didn't see seasons 1-3, but then got hooked watching all of season 4 on OnDemand.

Just watched the season 5 premier and I thought it was so flawed that it was virtually unwatchable... I don't want to spoil anything for those who haven't watched, but I would like to hear what other people thought of episdoe 1.

It fit his character from the first few seasons, and was a good way to start the season. I think you would have liked it more if you saw how non human he was the first couple seasons.

girler
09-29-2010, 09:33 AM
Dexter is lost and confused more than he's ever been in his life, and showed it in a very monster-like fashion. I think they did an excellent job on the premier.

Buff
09-29-2010, 10:19 AM
It fit his character from the first few seasons, and was a good way to start the season. I think you would have liked it more if you saw how non human he was the first couple seasons.

Don't read this if you haven't watched the season premier:

It wasn't really his sociopathic responses that bothered me, I get that he is not "normal", so much as the complete lack of investigation going on. No one taking him into custody, questioning his alibi, monitoriing his movements - sister cleaning the crime scene 2 days later, etc. I just had a hard time believing that the FBI is going to give a guy who was at the scene the benefit of the doubt who said "it was me"... I'm sure more will playout as the season unfolds, but the timeline I found very unbelievable.

I guess I've watched one too many episodes of "The First 48".

MasterShake
09-29-2010, 10:26 AM
Don't read this if you haven't watched the season premier:

It wasn't really his sociopathic responses that bothered me, I get that he is not "normal", so much as the complete lack of investigation going on. No one taking him into custody, questioning his alibi, monitoriing his movements - sister cleaning the crime scene 2 days later, etc. I just had a hard time believing that the FBI is going to give a guy who was at the scene the benefit of the doubt who said "it was me"... I'm sure more will playout as the season unfolds, but the timeline I found very unbelievable.

I guess I've watched one too many episodes of "The First 48".

SPOILERS CONTINUED!!!

He was not being questioned as a suspect, only as a follow up. All the signs were pointing to Trinity being the killer, and Dexter's interview was more like information collecting. The crime scene was no longer a crime scene (as Deb mentioned it was cleared as one the day before) when her and Quinn went to clean it. And he explained the "It was me" comment as being in shock. Aside from Quinn's hunch about Dexter killing her due to the "affair", there is not much to point Dexter to the crime. As far as they know Trinity is still alive.

I agree that that shit wouldn't fly in real life probably, and if you really want to go crazy watch season 2 were it looks like he's finally gonna get caught but the Homicide division only has one cop who even suspects him.

Buff
09-29-2010, 10:40 AM
SPOILERS CONTINUED!!!

He was not being questioned as a suspect, only as a follow up. All the signs were pointing to Trinity being the killer, and Dexter's interview was more like information collecting. The crime scene was no longer a crime scene (as Deb mentioned it was cleared as one the day before) when her and Quinn went to clean it. And he explained the "It was me" comment as being in shock. Aside from Quinn's hunch about Dexter killing her due to the "affair", there is not much to point Dexter to the crime. As far as they know Trinity is still alive.

I agree that that shit wouldn't fly in real life probably, and if you really want to go crazy watch season 2 were it looks like he's finally gonna get caught but the Homicide division only has one cop who even suspects him.

Still Spoiling...

The fact that he wasn't immediately questioned as a suspect is what I found so unbelievable. They wouldn't wait 3 days to take his statement, no matter what his position was with homicide. And they don't know who the Trinity killer is, so why wouldn't they investigate him? As far as they know, this is the biggest break they've gotten in the case even if he doesn't fit their profile.

And I know the crime scene was supposedly done with at the point she and Quinn were there, but it seems like if this was the biggest serial killer ever they'd be doing a more exhaustive investigation of the scene than 1-2 days.

I'm probably nit-picking more than I need to be and should sit back and enjoy the other aspects of the show... But I guess I've been wondering for the last month or two "What is Dexter's alibi going to be? How is he going to explain where he was when he'd been out killing for the past several hours leading up to her death? Is this going to be his demise?" Then, to have them kind of brush over that stuff in the premier just bugged the hell out of me.

I thought about going back and watching seasons 1-3 but I figured it'd be hard having already watched 4... I read up on 1-3 before I watched all of season 4 so I wouldn't be totally lost.

MasterShake
09-29-2010, 10:59 AM
Still Spoiling...

The fact that he wasn't immediately questioned as a suspect is what I found so unbelievable. They wouldn't wait 3 days to take his statement, no matter what his position was with homicide. And they don't know who the Trinity killer is, so why wouldn't they investigate him? As far as they know, this is the biggest break they've gotten in the case even if he doesn't fit their profile.

And I know the crime scene was supposedly done with at the point she and Quinn were there, but it seems like if this was the biggest serial killer ever they'd be doing a more exhaustive investigation of the scene than 1-2 days.

I'm probably nit-picking more than I need to be and should sit back and enjoy the other aspects of the show... But I guess I've been wondering for the last month or two "What is Dexter's alibi going to be? How is he going to explain where he was when he'd been out killing for the past several hours leading up to her death? Is this going to be his demise?" Then, to have them kind of brush over that stuff in the premier just bugged the hell out of me.

I thought about going back and watching seasons 1-3 but I figured it'd be hard having already watched 4... I read up on 1-3 before I watched all of season 4 so I wouldn't be totally lost.

Yeah, I gotta agree with you on the procedure. The whole premise of the show is based more in fantasy than reality, though. So take it for what it is. I think this season should be really good, its been a great show pretty consistently (the last part of season 3 not so much IMO) and this is the direction they need to go. They have already tackled the "Dexter as suspect" story arc in season 2, and it would just seem weird to revisit that now. It may still go that direction.

Northman
09-29-2010, 11:05 AM
All i can say is that Quinn will end up disappearing at some point. lmao

Buff
10-05-2010, 03:24 PM
Yep, Quinn is toast.

girler
10-05-2010, 03:40 PM
Yep, Quinn is toast.

He has wussy tattoos anyway. :coffee:

gnomeflinger
10-05-2010, 04:04 PM
All i can say is that Quinn will end up disappearing at some point. lmao

I thought Quinn was going to disappear long before now.

MasterShake
10-05-2010, 04:27 PM
I think he is going to admit that he kills other killers to someone (maybe even one of the kids like in the books) after they piece together that he was Kyle Butler, and whoever he confides in will cover up for him as a justified action. The more I think about it, the more I think it may even be Quinn since the last cop that tried to get him got blowed up in the swamp. I mean, he didn't kill him "technically" but I don't see how they could go there again. I just keep thinking back to the episode where Dexter saw Quinn take the money from the crimescene, and Dexter didn't do anything about it. I think Quinn is a gray area type character and could help him out even.

Also, if anyone is interested in the books, here is a great comparison of them: http://dexterwiki.sho.com/page/Dexter%3A+The+Books+vs.+The+Series

MasterShake
11-02-2010, 09:11 AM
This last episode was one of my favorites in a long time. A few good funny moments ("Auto-erotic Mummification") and one of the best uses of the "almost caught" tension since season 2. Good stuff so far, and I like how he has a partner in crime that is not psychotic like Jimmy Smits character was.

gnomeflinger
11-02-2010, 10:24 AM
This last episode was one of my favorites in a long time. A few good funny moments ("Auto-erotic Mummification") and one of the best uses of the "almost caught" tension since season 2. Good stuff so far, and I like how he has a partner in crime that is not psychotic like Jimmy Smits character was.

I love Masuka. He's my favorite character. I loved the "almost caught" scene. I was literally holding my breath. :lol:

Laguerta annoys me. She's so boring.

Shake, what did you think of Masuka's tat? I liked that it wrapped around to the front. :laugh:

MasterShake
11-02-2010, 10:26 AM
I love Masuka. He's my favorite character. I loved the "almost caught" scene. I was literally holding my breath. :lol:

Laguerta annoys me. She's so boring.

Shake, what did you think of Masuka's tat? I liked that it wrapped around to the front. :laugh:

Oh, the Dragon Lady? That was pretty awesome. I still laugh when I think about him demonstrating how the guy was sexually gratifying himself while choking. :lol:

Laguerta is a bad character, I hate her almost as much as I hated Rita. She looks like she has a thyroid problem.

girler
11-02-2010, 10:43 AM
I just finished watching this episode. I agree, the best one in a long time. And Masuka kills me! :pound: Last week's tattoo and this week's demonstration scenes made me laugh so hard I cried!

I really like how Lumen is helping Dexter figure out his own humanity and Dexter is going to help Lumen figure out her monster-ity. It is balanced.

MasterShake
11-02-2010, 11:15 AM
I just finished watching this episode. I agree, the best one in a long time. And Masuka kills me! :pound: Last week's tattoo and this week's demonstration scenes made me laugh so hard I cried!

I really like how Lumen is helping Dexter figure out his own humanity and Dexter is going to help Lumen figure out her monster-ity. It is balanced.

Yeah, its a neat character arc. Nothing will top last season IMO, but this is doing a good job on its own merits.

Reidman
11-04-2010, 02:40 AM
Not sure I'm liking who they picked to play Lumen...Julia Stiles is alright but I always see her in kind of a gangster, dance-off persona from some of the movies she's been in. I do however feel the basis for bringing in her character adds a fresh aspect to the show.

Anyway, wasn't sure how they would approach this season after last's but it appears they have done a good job interjecting Dexter's parenthood lifestyle with his ongoing need to kill and keeping the plot thick with Quinn pursuing Dexter as a suspect. I also agree, Masuka has made me laugh more than I can remember in previous seasons...

So far, so good....have a feeling this season's ending will have a pretty good plot twist, although can't imagine topping last year's...that left me speechless.

Buff
10-11-2011, 11:16 PM
Finally finished season 5.

I kind of hate myself for liking this show. On one hand the writing can be really good, but the plots are so ridiculously outlandish and unbelievable that I constantly find myself rolling my eyes and getting annoyed with the fact that none of this could happen in real life.

I know it's fiction and I know I'm just supposed to enjoy it without thinking too hard. But I have a hard time with suspended disbelief in the context of realistic fiction.

MasterShake
10-12-2011, 03:52 PM
Finally finished season 5.

I kind of hate myself for liking this show. On one hand the writing can be really good, but the plots are so ridiculously outlandish and unbelievable that I constantly find myself rolling my eyes and getting annoyed with the fact that none of this could happen in real life.

I know it's fiction and I know I'm just supposed to enjoy it without thinking too hard. But I have a hard time with suspended disbelief in the context of realistic fiction.

I have the same feeling. It kinda soap opera-ish at times, and when they re-use the "almost got caught" story line it begins to lose its tension. On top of that, I really hate most of the other characters except for Musuka.

So far the new season is just ok. Not sure if its because it just started and is building up, or the fact that I just finished the latest season of Breaking Bad. Now that is probably the best show on TV, but Dexter is a great guilty pleasure and when it works it really works.

weazel
10-12-2011, 04:47 PM
the first couple of shows are jsut so-so, but the blonde with the tight shirts and short skirts makes up for it

gnomeflinger
10-12-2011, 06:13 PM
I have the same feeling. It kinda soap opera-ish at times, and when they re-use the "almost got caught" story line it begins to lose its tension. On top of that, I really hate most of the other characters except for Musuka.

So far the new season is just ok. Not sure if its because it just started and is building up, or the fact that I just finished the latest season of Breaking Bad. Now that is probably the best show on TV, but Dexter is a great guilty pleasure and when it works it really works.

Musaka is my favorite character. He is under used.