PDA

View Full Version : Deadliest Warrior

Gamechanger
05-25-2010, 10:06 PM
anybody else watches it?
whats your take on it

Northman
05-25-2010, 10:25 PM
Just started watching this show. Good stuff. But, Ninja would beat a Spartan anyday.

frauschieze
05-25-2010, 10:32 PM
Just started watching this show. Good stuff. But, Ninja would be Spartan anyday.

That was the crappiest result. They forced the ninja out of the situation in which he fights. Of course he's going to lose if he announces his presence. Idiots.

gnomeflinger
05-25-2010, 10:44 PM
The boys in my house watch this show. My 10 year old looks forward to it.

Dirk
05-26-2010, 09:50 AM
I watched a few of them. The show can be cut in half. It's too long. They could get to the meat quicker. I would watch it but it's like everything else, packed full of commercials and dragged out.

Otherwise not a bad show.

Northman
05-26-2010, 10:50 AM
That was the crappiest result. They forced the ninja out of the situation in which he fights. Of course he's going to lose if he announces his presence. Idiots.

Exactly. The thing that cracked me up was the egg full of glass to the eyes. How the hell is the Spartan going to even see the guy after he is blinded? :lol:

But the show is interesting on how they break down the fighting skills and weapons. And i like the banter between both parties who are representing each fighter.

gnomeflinger
05-26-2010, 10:52 AM
I watched a few of them. The show can be cut in half. It's too long. They could get to the meat quicker. I would watch it but it's like everything else, packed full of commercials and dragged out.

Otherwise not a bad show.

TiVo and fast forward through the commercials and it goes quicker.

drewloc
05-31-2010, 07:27 PM
My step son enjoys this show. I started watching it as well, and as long as you don't take it too seriously it's pretty interesting. I think some of the results are not as accurate as they could be, but it's cool to see the weapons they used and how lethal they can be.

atwater27
05-31-2010, 07:32 PM
I like the ballistic dummy tests. Complete with clear jelly and vital organs.

Gamechanger
05-31-2010, 10:26 PM
so far, i'm enjoying the second season
the match-ups seem a bit more accurate than last season
and even with that there are some surprises (Al Capone vs. Jesse James as an example)
what do ya'll think?

Northman
06-01-2010, 05:35 AM
I have yet to really catch the show regularly so right now im pretty behind.

underrated29
06-01-2010, 11:36 AM
I saw one once.

Apache indian vs. Gladiator

It was ok. I agree about the intersting weapons and tactics. That is neat. The show though, like someone said, is too slow for me. I do not anticipate I will watch it again.

Ravage!!!
06-01-2010, 11:37 AM
so... we should just let the ninja win becasue he's going to poison you, or stab you when you sleep? Makes sense.

Northman
06-01-2010, 03:19 PM
so... we should just let the ninja win becasue he's going to poison you, or stab you when you sleep? Makes sense.

Really cant have one without the other. One of the biggest arguements made for the Spartan was his use of the shield. The one thing they didnt focus on with the Ninja was his ability with stealth. And again, even during the show they said that the percentage was extremely high that the Ninja would score a hit with the glass shards to the eyes. So how it is they allowed the Spartan to continue to see where he was going is inconsistent with their own research. Again, the show is very cool and i can see how the Spartan was indeed a very tough warrior but i dont like the fact that they cherrypicked certain aspects of the Ninja in order to create a more fair fight. Thats not really how it works. :lol:

frauschieze
06-01-2010, 03:48 PM

I thought the point of the show was to be a realistic simulated fight.

It's not realistic that a ninja would fight in daylight or without stealth. It's also not realistic that a Spartan would fight on his own. *shrugs*

I'd still pick a ninja over a pack of sleeping Spartans.

Timmy!
06-04-2010, 12:33 AM
I watched all of last season. I wanted to bitch slap the ex Green Beret who went with a 9mm and screwed the pooch at close range in the test they ran. Dumbass. Any self respecting special forces officer packs a .40 or .45 and won't miss a target from 10 feet. Hack.

Obi-Wan
06-11-2010, 05:38 PM
I liked the way the Zulu would chew poison and eventualy get immune to a spit it in the face of their enemy tempry blining them

gnomeflinger
06-11-2010, 05:52 PM
so far, i'm enjoying the second season
the match-ups seem a bit more accurate than last season
and even with that there are some surprises (Al Capone vs. Jesse James as an example)
what do ya'll think?

Al vs Jesse was a fun one. One of my favorite episodes.

BroncoAV06
06-13-2010, 07:35 PM
I like the show. Not much of a fan of the modern stuff, not as cool, wow spec ops vs spec ops, so exciting.

CrazyHorse
09-21-2010, 08:14 PM
OMG I love this show. Some of the weapons are just crazy. For example those claws used by the Rajput Warrior.