PDA

View Full Version : I Know it Sounds Funny, but...

cmhargrove
05-22-2008, 09:02 AM
I think Nate Jackson could have a big year.

I'm serious.

At least big for Nate. 500 yards 3 TD's?

We all know the coaches like Nate. There has never been a question about his route running or pass catching. If Scheff isn't quite up to speed by TC, I think Nate will get a lot of reps as the pass catching TE.

I'm just sayin'....

BigDaddyBronco
05-22-2008, 09:09 AM

I'm serious.

We all know the coaches like Nate. There has never been a question about his route running or pass catching. If Scheff isn't quite up to speed by TC, I think Nate will get a lot of reps as the pass catching TE.

I'm just sayin'....
You're assuming Nate Jackson can stay on the field. He has had his share of injuries as well.

What I'm wondering is if we have problems with our pass catching TE's being healthy will that give more opportunities for Hillis to play as a FB or will Shanny just go with more 3 WR sets.

Dortoh
05-22-2008, 09:21 AM
My guess is Nate will be Nate again this year. He will impress thru training camp and develop chemistry with Jay. Then in the preseason he will catch multipule TD's and get everyone excited and talks of Pro-bowl pass catching TE will fill the forums. Then he will start the season on IR.

Mike
05-22-2008, 09:23 AM
:laugh:

BOSSHOGG30
05-22-2008, 09:35 AM
We do have a tightend named Daniel Graham... you might of heard of him.... He can catch and block

SOCALORADO.
05-22-2008, 09:44 AM
We do have a tightend named Daniel Graham... you might of heard of him.... He can catch and block

:dito:

BOSSHOGG30
05-22-2008, 09:59 AM
http://i183.photobucket.com/albums/x146/nfl_mitchell/Denver%20Broncos/fullj_getty-76072263de015_denver__d.jpg

shank
05-22-2008, 10:08 AM
i don't know how people can hate this guy, he's awesome.

http://www.denverbroncos.com/page.php?id=609
(click nate jackson video)

BOSSHOGG30
05-22-2008, 10:21 AM
i don't know how people can hate this guy, he's awesome.

http://www.denverbroncos.com/page.php?id=609
(click nate jackson video)

I don't know if anyone hates him... its just that we don't have enough confidence in him... he hasn't shown us anything but potential to be good over the many years we've had Nate on our roster.

atwater27
05-22-2008, 11:03 AM
Oh God not this thread reincarnated for the 5th straight year....

WARHORSE
05-22-2008, 11:05 AM
I agree. I think Nate will have a big year.

Big cup of koolaid.

Big plate of rice and beans.

Big bed to rest some injury.

Big check to cash.

Big butt.
:coffee:

On a serious note, I hope he does well. We just may end up using him since Scheff cant stay healthy either.

Hillis will plop down in the TE spot here and there, imo.

BroncoFanatic
05-22-2008, 11:13 AM

I have more memories of drops than catches by that one... :tsk:

BroncoBuff
05-22-2008, 12:13 PM

I'm serious.

I'm just sayin'....

HARGROVE IN THE HOUSE!

I dunno CM ... I love the guy, and I say what you're saying every year. He's fast, runs great routes and has soft hands. But until he spends more time with the Rat than with the Greek, I'm skeptical.

I will say this, the staff loves him. From the smallest college out there, he's survived a position change (WR to TE), and now three season-ending injuries in four-and-a-half years. There's gotta be a reason for all that. Whenever he does hang 'em up, I'm laying even money they hire him on staff.

tubby
05-22-2008, 12:15 PM
I like Nate Jackson. The guy is funny as hell.

He can defiantly be a solid contributor.

silkamilkamonico
05-22-2008, 12:16 PM
I think this is the year Shanahan cuts him. We will be hardpressed for roster spots with the rookies, and we don't need to waste a roster spot on some TE we don't need who will probably never play anyways.

I'd like to see Shanahan go to 3 WR more, and Jackson can't block worth a ----.

shank
05-22-2008, 12:21 PM
with scheff's sheisty foot, nate makes the squad, and i'm ok with it. i think he can contribute, and if he gets hurt again, he's on IR and not wasting a spot. either way, what's the harm?

BroncoJunkie
05-22-2008, 12:32 PM
It would really be nice to see a healthy Nate on the field ( in regular season) to see what he can bring to the table. Hope he overcomes the injury bug this year.

cmhargrove
05-22-2008, 01:31 PM
I think this is the year Shanahan cuts him. We will be hardpressed for roster spots with the rookies, and we don't need to waste a roster spot on some TE we don't need who will probably never play anyways.

I'd like to see Shanahan go to 3 WR more, and Jackson can't block worth a ----.

We already have our blocking TE, no one will touch Graham in that aspect. The real question is, who can get us some yards over the middle, and help us out a few times in the red zone?

Remember, by a good year I said i think he is capable of 500 yards and 3-5 TD's. But, alas, he must remain healthy.

Nate has always been the butt of my humor, but if Scheff is the new "injury boy," it might finally open the door for Nate.

I'd be perfectly ok with giving the extra snaps to Hillis as well. It would change our formations a little (which might be a good thing), but I think Hillis could have an impact as a blocker and target over the middle.

BOSSHOGG30
05-22-2008, 01:32 PM
We already have our blocking TE, no one will touch Graham in that aspect. The real question is, who can get us some yards over the middle, and help us out a few times in the red zone?

Remember, by a good year I said i think he is capable of 500 yards and 3-5 TD's. But, alas, he must remain healthy.

Nate has always been the butt of my humor, but if Scheff is the new "injury boy," it might finally open the door for Nate.

I'd be perfectly ok with giving the extra snaps to Hillis as well. It would change our formations a little (which might be a good thing), but I think Hillis could have an impact as a blocker and target over the middle.

Is Jeb still on the market?

Lonestar
05-22-2008, 01:35 PM

the key word here is BLOCK with all the newbies on the OLINE he is doomed again to baby sitting this year clady..

LRtagger
05-22-2008, 02:17 PM
Hillis will plop down in the TE spot here and there, imo.

I sure hope so. I could see him developing into a Dallas Clark type TE for a couple downs a game.

Beantown Bronco
05-22-2008, 02:32 PM

I heard that he's busy starting up a new 1/2 hr weekly special on ESPN called "Jacked Up".

cmhargrove
05-22-2008, 03:33 PM
I heard that he's busy starting up a new 1/2 hr weekly special on ESPN called "Jacked Up".

He should probably be a part of the NFL's new concussion task force. That dude was an ass-whippin' magnet.

Timmy!
05-22-2008, 04:07 PM
If Sheff does have another fracture, Nate needs to stay healthy for once, just for stability. Chances of that happening, 5000-1.

Timmy!
05-22-2008, 04:09 PM

I'll catch nothing but flack for this, but I'd take Putz back in a second (at a small contract of course). Putz>Jackson. No question.

slim
05-22-2008, 04:10 PM
the key word here is BLOCK with all the newbies on the OLINE he is doomed again to baby sitting this year clady..

He is a blocking TE because that is what he is good at. Also, he can't catch or get up field.

dogfish
05-22-2008, 04:14 PM

no, seattle signed him-- i expect he'll do quite well there. . .

guys, don't forget that it's still may-- even if chef's foot is broken again, it should be healed well before september. . . i'm as concerned as the next person, but it's not like the guy has ever spent time on IR, and until he does i'll continue to see him as a far more reliable option than nasty nate. . .

Kaylore
05-22-2008, 04:14 PM
We do have a tightend named Daniel Graham... you might of heard of him.... He can block and catch on rare occasions
Fixed your post.

dogfish
05-22-2008, 04:16 PM
He is a blocking TE because that is what he is good at. Also, he can't catch or get up field.

don't agree with ya there, slim. . . graham's hands are a bit inconsistent, but to say that he "can't catch" misses the mark, IMO. . .

slim
05-22-2008, 04:18 PM
don't agree with ya there, slim. . . graham's hands are a bit inconsistent, but to say that he "can't catch" misses the mark, IMO. . .

Well sure, Watts' hands were a bit inconsistent as well :rolleyes:

He just isn't a real threat in the passing game...never will be. There is nothing wrong with that, but it is what it is.

dogfish
05-22-2008, 04:22 PM
Well sure, Watts' hands were a bit inconsistent as well :rolleyes:

He just isn't a real threat in the passing game...never will be. There is nothing wrong with that, but it is what it is.

well, he's certainly not a vertical threat-- you'll get no argument there. . . but he's capable of putting up better numbers in the passing game than he did last year, as his stats from new england show-- and he was never exactly a top option there, either. . .

i'm not saying that he's going to catch 60 passes or anything like that, but i do think he can make more of an impact than last season, especially if our tackles could actually hold their own once in a while without somebody holding their hand. . .

TXBRONC
05-22-2008, 05:21 PM

And he will get more opportunity to do so especially if Scheffler is sidelined.

TXBRONC
05-22-2008, 05:23 PM
well, he's certainly not a vertical threat-- you'll get no argument there. . . but he's capable of putting up better numbers in the passing game than he did last year, as his stats from new england show-- and he was never exactly a top option there, either. . .

i'm not saying that he's going to catch 60 passes or anything like that, but i do think he can make more of an impact than last season, especially if our tackles could actually hold their own once in a while without somebody holding their hand. . .

I think if Graham were given the opportunity could catch between 30 and 40 passes.

elsid13
05-22-2008, 05:47 PM
I think if Graham were given the opportunity could catch between 30 and 40 passes.

That not out of the picture since he put up those type of numbers before at NE and had 24 catches last year. He should be better with the year in the system and Cutler looking for him in the flat.

Ziggy
05-22-2008, 05:52 PM

I agree with you Boss. I just wonder if they will let him go out in patterns, or he will be spending most of his time babysitting our offensive tackles like he did last year. I think Grahams numbers depend on how our O-line does. If they can hold the pocket without them, he could put up some pretty good stats.

TXBRONC
05-22-2008, 06:01 PM
I agree with you Boss. I just wonder if they will let him go out in patterns, or he will be spending most of his time babysitting our offensive tackles like he did last year. I think Grahams numbers depend on how our O-line does. If they can hold the pocket without them, he could put up some pretty good stats.

Graham had to spend more time blocking last season than was anticipated but he still managed to come up with 24 receptions.

Superchop 7
05-23-2008, 09:15 PM
but I just can't stand the pain.....girl....I'm leaving you tomorrow.....

WhatEver!!!
05-25-2008, 05:27 PM
Question about getting Nate back... Could the Broncos use a 3 TE set sometime during the year?? Is this even within the rules??

dogfish
05-25-2008, 05:58 PM
Question about getting Nate back... Could the Broncos use a 3 TE set sometime during the year?? Is this even within the rules??

it's perfectly legal, but the only time most teams ever use a 3 TE set is goal line or extreme short yardage situations. . .

Requiem / The Dagda
05-25-2008, 06:29 PM
Nate Jackson should have been cut years ago.

SBboundBRONCOS
05-25-2008, 07:43 PM
Nate Jackson should have been cut years ago.

:dito:

although when he gets put on IR hes not taking up a roster spot anymore :laugh:

Den21vsBal19
05-25-2008, 07:51 PM
it's perfectly legal, but the only time most teams ever use a 3 TE set is goal line or extreme short yardage situations. . .
Although we used it quite well from the off agianst Indy last year.....................until Henry got injured