PDA

View Full Version : broncos vs bolts (hochuli game)

underrated29
05-24-2010, 08:48 PM
Its being re aired now...half way through.

Point of this thread though....................

After watching this game even only to half time, it makes me realize just how good Jay Cutler is. And How much of a downgrade Kyle Orton is...No this is not another I hate Kyle, want Jays balls in my mouth thread.

But seriously, watch the game and just count the throws that Jay makes that Kyle would not make. Not because of his elway arm either. Although there were a couple of those kinds of throws in there.

Kyle- we love ya, but I hope brady, brandy or tebey beats you out. We could be very dangerous with that caliber of QB again.

BroncoBJ
05-24-2010, 09:02 PM
Thats why I'm not watching the replay. I don't wanna get sad. :lol: But yea, theres games of Jay that will make me miss him but then theres games of Jay that will make me say " Damn, I dont miss him at all". Just works both ways. Though with passing the ball as much as we did, he obviously looked pretty good doing so. I actually really don't miss Jay though. I'm fine with Orton and didn't miss Jay last year. Though our hot 6-0 start and watching Jay throw like 25 INT's could have played a reason why I didn't miss him :lol: I just hope looking back on now in 10 years, that we made out like bandits. Only time will tell. :elefant:

As for the game, Yes it was pretty classic. 1 of my favorite games I was at probably. :salute:

TiminatorTebow
05-24-2010, 09:04 PM

After watching this game even only to half time, it makes me realize just how good Jay Cutler is. And How much of a downgrade Kyle Orton is...No this is not another I hate Kyle, want Jays balls in my mouth thread.

But seriously, watch the game and just count the throws that Jay makes that Kyle would not make. Not because of his elway arm either. Although there were a couple of those kinds of throws in there.

Kyle- we love ya, but I hope brady, brandy or tebey beats you out. We could be very dangerous with that caliber of QB again.

Look at the terrible defense. Shanahan deserved to be fired for wanting to keep this defensive staff. It's nice to have a HC now that cares about both sides of the ball.

girler
05-24-2010, 09:17 PM
If I'm gonna watch old games, I'll go back to 96-98. Those were the glory days of offense, defense, special teams and orange and blue blood. :salute:

honz
05-24-2010, 09:20 PM
God bless Ed Hochuli.

BroncoWave
05-24-2010, 09:25 PM
Between the hochuli game and the bengals game, we've probably had the 2 luckiest wins in the nfl in the last 2 years. I will take them though!

BroncoBJ
05-24-2010, 09:27 PM
Between the hochuli game and the bengals game, we've probably had the 2 luckiest wins in the nfl in the last 2 years. I will take them though!

Yea, we needed both those wins to have back2back seasons playing .500 football. Would have hated to go 7-9 :fight:

Northman
05-24-2010, 09:38 PM
Thats why I'm not watching the replay. I don't wanna get sad. :lol: But yea, theres games of Jay that will make me miss him but then theres games of Jay that will make me say " Damn, I dont miss him at all". Just works both ways.

Exactly. This just happened to be one game where he shined. He has plenty where you say "Wtf".

broncohead
05-24-2010, 09:42 PM
Look at the terrible defense. Shanahan deserved to be fired for wanting to keep this defensive staff. It's nice to have a HC now that cares about both sides of the ball.

Ya but we ended with the same record so thats not sayin much. Defense was way better but offense took a step or two back imo. I know its only with the first season with mcd but this season we should see more of what the broncos will look like under mcd

Bosco
05-24-2010, 10:46 PM

Yeah, I sure thought he was great when he single-handedly lost the game for us by fumbling the ball without even being touched until the ref came along and bailed his ass out.

What I'd do to have that again.

Shazam!
05-24-2010, 11:33 PM
My how some memories are just forgotten.

It;s been said already that Cutler nearly cost us that game.

...and how his presence totally evaporated down the stretch in 2008?

Yeah, I really, really miss those days. Those days are what cost Shanahan his job.

Puhleeze.

Northman
05-24-2010, 11:40 PM
Those days are what cost Shanahan his job.

Puhleeze.

Well actually, 1 playoff win in 10 years cost Shanny his job. But the 08 collapse didnt help his cause any.

Shazam!
05-24-2010, 11:43 PM
I hope TT develops into something special. Not for McDaniels' sake but so this Cutler shit will finally go away in a locked box forever.

honz
05-24-2010, 11:53 PM
Just a quick refresher course here for those that may have hazy memories...Jay Cutler sucks.

Northman
05-25-2010, 12:02 AM
I hope TT develops into something special. Not for McDaniels' sake but so this Cutler shit will finally go away in a locked box forever.

Well, it certainly will be a race to see who gets there first. Chicago or Denver. If Chi-town wins one with Cutler before Denver does there is going to be triple the amount of "told you so's" and "F McD's!" lol

KyleOrtonArmySoldier#128
05-25-2010, 12:46 AM
I watched one play of that game and got sad and had to turn it off. I like the new crew but I still miss those guys for sure, nothing really to say.

underrated29
05-25-2010, 01:59 AM
I should have known this would turn into a Jake vs jay vs shanny vs orton vs mcdaniels vs fans vs whatever else.

Its pretty simple Jay is a better QB then Orton. And I miss having a QB that can consistently move the ball and make plays. **yes I am well aware of the INTS I am not a dumbass that does not watch football**

I will agree with shazam- that hopefully TT will come in and dominate. I personally think he will. Maybe not from the start but still....

Our team was better with Jay. Its a fact. and I miss it.

j3phr3y
05-25-2010, 02:16 AM
http://i66.photobucket.com/albums/h273/j3phr3y/hoch.jpg

BroncoWave
05-25-2010, 10:25 AM

Dude, can you please change your sig? That is ****ing annoying.

slim
05-25-2010, 12:31 PM

I liked the pick he threw in the end zone to give the Bolts life.

That was awesome!

Bosco
05-25-2010, 05:05 PM
I should have known this would turn into a Jake vs jay vs shanny vs orton vs mcdaniels vs fans vs whatever else. Well of course. You pointed the thread firmly in that direction.

Its pretty simple Jay is a better QB then Orton. Not last year he wasn't.

And I miss having a QB that can consistently move the ball and make plays. **yes I am well aware of the INTS I am not a dumbass that does not watch football** He makes lots of plays for the other team too.

Our team was better with Jay. Its a fact. and I miss it. So 8-8 > 8-8?

underrated29
05-25-2010, 05:16 PM
Well of course. You pointed the thread firmly in that direction.

Not last year he wasn't.

He makes lots of plays for the other team too.

So 8-8 > 8-8?

No dude. I didn't.

I simply watched the old game, with the old QB and remembered how good he was and how much better he is than what we currently have. It was an observation and something that I had forgotten about. I made a thread about it.

As for the rest of your reply- Its been covered more times than clay has soiled socks. And frankly I do not feel like engaging in it yet once again.

BroncoWave
05-25-2010, 05:24 PM
I simply watched the old game, with the old QB and remembered how good he was and how much better he is than what we currently have. It was an observation and something that I had forgotten about. I made a thread about it.

C'mon man, you've been posting on this board long enough to know that there is no other way this thread could have turned out. The second you compared Jay to Kyle that's obviously the direction the thread was going to go in. Not saying it was your intent, but you had to know it was coming.

Bosco
05-25-2010, 05:32 PM
C'mon man, you've been posting on this board long enough to know that there is no other way this thread could have turned out. The second you compared Jay to Kyle that's obviously the direction the thread was going to go in. Not saying it was your intent, but you had to know it was coming.

Yep...

Softskull
05-25-2010, 05:36 PM

I happened to stumble on that game last night and had many of the same thoughts. That offense started three rookies and had lots o' potential if it had stayed together for a few years. That defense, especially the safety play was the worst I've ever seen in a Broncos uniform. It really made me appriciate BDawk and Hill even more.

underrated29
05-25-2010, 05:58 PM

Yeah I should have anticipated it...

Yep...

But that was why I put in there ^ -(which I think i quoted the wrong part, oops)

"This is not another I hate Kyle, Want Jays balls in my mouth thread".

Or whatever I said. Thinking in hopes that people can understand an observation instead of wanting to re:re:re:re:re:re:re:re:re: Debate the whole Jay vs Jake vs Kyle vs Mcd vs every other thing that the fans have pissed over for the last 3 years.

Softskull
05-25-2010, 06:02 PM

I have an epileptic seizure everytime I roll past your sig.