PDA

View Full Version : Darrent Williams Statue at BnG Club

LawDog
05-21-2008, 10:37 PM
Saw on the BM main site that they unveiled the memorial statue at the Boys and Girls Club. It looks awesome, and I'm glad that things are continuing to be put in place to remember him.

I did notice one thing odd on the video. The base has some quotes including "Already". I always thought that Darrent's saying was "All Ready".

Any thoughts or insight?

Denver Native (Carol)
05-21-2008, 10:42 PM
Video also on the following link:

http://cbs4denver.com/seenon/darrent.williams.statue.2.729875.html

DENVER (CBS4) ― Teammates and family of Darrent Williams watched the unveiling of a new statue in his honor.

The Denver Bronco was gunned down on New Year's morning 2007.

The life-sized statue is now on display at the Boys and Girls Club in Montbello. The Broncos are partners at that location.

The statue's purpose is to make sure Williams' vibrant legacy lives on.

Broncos owner Pat Bowlen and defenseman Dominique Foxworth were on hand for the ceremony.

"Unfortunately we lost a very, very fine person and a great player," Bowlen said. "He is very special to the Broncos organization and this sculpture, in his remembrance, is going to be something that we are always very proud of."

The Broncos and the Boys and Girls Club will be there during the grand opening for the teen center in Montbello May 29.

Renowned Denver artist Ed Dwight took on members of the Boys and Girls Club to help with the project.

broncosfanscott
05-21-2008, 11:26 PM
That is really cool for them to put a statue of D-Will. Nice tribute. :salute:

shank
05-21-2008, 11:48 PM
glad to see it.

video brought a tear to my eye.