PDA

View Full Version : Stokely: On Cutler/Eddie Royal

WARHORSE
05-21-2008, 10:29 PM
Interview with Stokes.
On Cutler: "People will see a big difference from last year to this year."

On Eddie Royal: "He looks great. Hes really impressed me alot and I look forward to working with him. I think hes got a very bright future."

http://football.about.com/gi/dynamic/offsite.htm?zi=1/XJ/Ya&sdn=football&cdn=sports&tm=5&gps=92_101_1020_563&f=22&tt=14&bt=1&bts=1&zu=http%3A//denverbroncos.com/

TXBRONC
05-21-2008, 10:33 PM
Royal could possibly be his replacement in the nearby future. Then again Royal might eventually become the number two receiver on the team.

BroncoWave
05-21-2008, 10:37 PM
Royal could possibly be his replacement in the nearby future. Then again Royal might eventually become the number two receiver on the team.

Other than Hillis, Royal is my favorite pick in the draft. I know it's the dreaded P word but I really love his potential.

TXBRONC
05-21-2008, 10:39 PM
Other than Hillis, Royal is my favorite pick in the draft. I know it's the dreaded P word but I really love his potential.

Right now all anyone can say is that the Royal has potential. It matter of him going fulfilling it, which easier said than done.

Watchthemiddle
05-22-2008, 12:51 AM

Hillis is by far my favorite pick in YEARS!!!

Royal is going to be a stud.

I believe this years draft is going to be something special.

Many holes filled..many talented players picked.

Nature Boy
05-22-2008, 03:26 AM
Interview with Stokes.
On Cutler: "People will see a big difference from last year to this year."

I wonder what Stokly was thinking about Cutler last year around December? Imagine if Terrel Owens was here. That skinny weakling...

I can imagine when your team is doing bad and your 6'3'' QB is only 200lbs and can't run 20 yards without grabbing his knees gasping for air.

TXBRONC
05-22-2008, 07:13 AM
I wonder what Stokly was thinking about Cutler last year around December? Imagine if Terrel Owens was here. That skinny weakling...

I can imagine when your team is doing bad and your 6'3'' QB is only 200lbs and can't run 20 yards without grabbing his knees gasping for air.

I don't know, but one article I read said the organization (I would imagine that includes players) didn't notice a drop in his strength.

Rick
05-22-2008, 08:05 AM
And despite that in his last 7 games he has 2 horid games but 5 games of +95 rating 2 of which were of +130 rating.

TXBRONC
05-22-2008, 09:55 PM
And despite that in his last 7 games he has 2 horid games but 5 games of +95 rating 2 of which were of +130 rating.

What Cutler did especially at the end the season with undiagnosed diabetes really is amazing.

Superchop 7
05-23-2008, 08:56 PM
They can "say" that they didn't notice a difference.....

BS.

There was a guy open in the end zone and the ball only made it 40 yards and dropped on the 10 in the San Diego game.

I remember thinking "John would have hit that guy no problem"

Now, it makes sense.

rcsodak
05-27-2008, 12:00 AM
They can "say" that they didn't notice a difference.....

BS.

There was a guy open in the end zone and the ball only made it 40 yards and dropped on the 10 in the San Diego game.

I remember thinking "John would have hit that guy no problem"

Now, it makes sense.

What's that? That Elway has retired and been enshrined? :confused:

Stargazer
05-27-2008, 01:06 AM
I don't know, but one article I read said the organization (I would imagine that includes players) didn't notice a drop in his strength.

I love Cutler. But, I did notice passes towards the end of the season that were flat out ducks coming from Cuter and passes that just floated when it wasn't necessary. It all makes sense now. But, when watching the games then I did wonder... At the time I figured 1st full season as a starter and Cutler wearing down towards the end.

Stargazer
05-27-2008, 01:08 AM
What Cutler did especially at the end the season with undiagnosed diabetes really is amazing.

Yeah, no shitake.

He's a potential HOF quarterback IMO. Damn, Bronco fans should be happy(understatement) he's a Denver Bronco.

G_Money
05-27-2008, 08:18 AM
Vince Young wanted to quit after his first year in the league, take his ball and go home.

Leinart's beer-bonging it during his rehab, and may be in the mold of Chris Chandler - potentially good, but made of glass.

I'm exceedingly glad to have gotten the QB we did get, and now that his diabetes issue has been corrected diagnosed, I expect he'll get back to some dominating performances.

Assuming his receivers can stop slicing off their own arms, anyway.

~G

MOtorboat
05-27-2008, 08:29 AM
Leinart's beer-bonging it during his rehab, and may be in the mold of Chris Chandler - potentially good, but made of glass.

Yeah, but, although they looked very young, those chicks WERE hot.

rcsodak
05-28-2008, 02:16 PM
Yeah, but, although they looked very young, those chicks WERE hot.

Remember....you're not far from Arkansas. :listen:

Sassy
05-28-2008, 06:44 PM
Cutler had good things to say about Royal today...GO EDDIE :D

One of the most important things for a quarterback to have is chemistry with his receivers, and with 12 receivers currently on the roster, Cutler has his work cut out for him. The Broncos selected wide receiver Eddie Royal from Virginia Tech in the second round of this year's draft while also signing free agents Keary Colbert, Darrell Jackson and Samie Parker. Though he has yet to spend a significant amount of time with his new teammates, Cutler likes everything he has seen thus far.

"I’m really happy. They’ve done extremely well. They’re catching the ball well, learning the offense, running the right routes. I’m thrilled," he said. "I couldn’t be happier."

He has already built some on-field rapport with his new targets, connecting with each of the new wideouts during Wednesday's practice. He has been especially impressed with Royal, his newest and youngest weapon. At 5-foot-10, 184 pounds, the 22-year-old Royal has displayed shiftiness, speed and good hands, all of which have impressed his quarterback.
"He looks good. He has good speed, gets in and out of his breaks really good," Cutler said of Royal. "I also noticed his hands. I didn’t know he had such good hands. I haven’t seen him drop any balls. He has a good attitude and has adjusted pretty quickly."

TXBRONC
05-28-2008, 06:48 PM
Cutler had good things to say about Royal today...GO EDDIE :D

One of the most important things for a quarterback to have is chemistry with his receivers, and with 12 receivers currently on the roster, Cutler has his work cut out for him. The Broncos selected wide receiver Eddie Royal from Virginia Tech in the second round of this year's draft while also signing free agents Keary Colbert, Darrell Jackson and Samie Parker. Though he has yet to spend a significant amount of time with his new teammates, Cutler likes everything he has seen thus far.

"I’m really happy. They’ve done extremely well. They’re catching the ball well, learning the offense, running the right routes. I’m thrilled," he said. "I couldn’t be happier."

He has already built some on-field rapport with his new targets, connecting with each of the new wideouts during Wednesday's practice. He has been especially impressed with Royal, his newest and youngest weapon. At 5-foot-10, 184 pounds, the 22-year-old Royal has displayed shiftiness, speed and good hands, all of which have impressed his quarterback.
"He looks good. He has good speed, gets in and out of his breaks really good," Cutler said of Royal. "I also noticed his hands. I didn’t know he had such good hands. I haven’t seen him drop any balls. He has a good attitude and has adjusted pretty quickly."

This is good to hear. :beer:

WARHORSE
05-28-2008, 08:02 PM
He also spoke very highly of D. Jackson and Colbert.........he mentioned them twice in this interview. Said they know the offense, have only missed couple of assignments, they catch the ball, have great attitudes. He said this is the best WRs since hes been there. Also of Royal, he said he too knows the offense, runs the right routes, has great hands.

http://www.denverbroncos.com/page.php?id=349&videoID=2649&type=broncosTV&year=&month=

omac
05-28-2008, 08:29 PM
He also spoke very highly of D. Jackson and Colbert.........he mentioned them twice in this interview. Said they know the offense, have only missed couple of assignments, they catch the ball, have great attitudes. He said this is the best WRs since hes been there. Also of Royal, he said he too knows the offense, runs the right routes, has great hands.

http://www.denverbroncos.com/page.php?id=349&videoID=2649&type=broncosTV&year=&month=

Cool interview! :salute:

You can tell, though, that Cutler was getting slightly annoyed that they kept asking him practically the same questions again and again about his diabetes. It's like these guys are looking for the one quote that can make the headline for their story. :D

Nice to see Brandon joking around too. He looks like he naturally has high spirits with that display, and even throwing up the snow in his TD display. :cheers:

Sassy
05-28-2008, 10:01 PM
Cool interview! :salute:

You can tell, though, that Cutler was getting slightly annoyed that they kept asking him practically the same questions again and again about his diabetes. It's like these guys are looking for the one quote that can make the headline for their story. :D

Nice to see Brandon joking around too. He looks like he naturally has high spirits with that display, and even throwing up the snow in his TD display. :cheers:

I thought that too...I wish they would quit referring to Jay being diabetic...just let him play football.

rcsodak
05-29-2008, 12:30 AM
I thought that too...I wish they would quit referring to Jay being diabetic...just let him play football.

WTFH????? Jay has diabetes????? When did this happen?

:laugh: