PDA

View Full Version : Mcbath vs. Hill

ogplife
05-24-2010, 04:04 PM
First thread, been lurking for a while though. Anyway am I the only one that feels that Mcbath and Hill should be in open comp for the safety spot. What is so special about Hill? I think he is average at best. I loved watching Mcbath when he was on the field, maybe i'm biased.

silkamilkamonico
05-24-2010, 04:10 PM
I think you're biased.

McBath maybe in time, but for this year Hill if we wanna compete.

Grover
05-24-2010, 04:29 PM
McDaniel's is saying "the best players will play", so there's definitely competition at FS spot between McBath and Hill.

Hill did a fine job last year though. I think it was McBath that came in for Dawkins when Dawkins went out with injury last year. So it's certainly possible that we will see McBath and Hill on the field at the same time. In any case, there's room for both, and both can and will make plays.

SOCALORADO.
05-24-2010, 04:42 PM
McBath was fantastic last year as a rook. Had 2 picks, and a bunch of tackles.
He is a true centerfield FS, and is the future. Just glad his busted forearm wasnt a long term issue.
Hill has the inside track, but McBath could easily impress enough to be the new starter at FS.
I dont really care when its all said and done. I am just happy to have such solid depth for a change at the safety position! Was bone dry there after Lynch for a while.

underrated29
05-24-2010, 04:47 PM
Mcbath is going to be a good one. surprised me a little. I thought the 4th rdr bruton had him edged out in the beginning of the year. But then Mcbath came on and played really well....

I still like hill better at the moment.

ogplife
05-24-2010, 04:48 PM
I guess what Im not saying is so far fetched. I just don't understand all the "future" talk with Mcbath. He has been in the league for a year (played a half a season) and I never knew the safety learning curve to be so steep. Like others have said I am glad to have both. I think Hill is solid, although not much more than that.

muse
05-24-2010, 05:50 PM
No, he played most of the season. He played very well, future star IMO. I just remember him baiting Peyton, it was a good moment.

honz
05-24-2010, 06:45 PM
I'd like to see McBath take Dawkins' spot.

dogfish
05-25-2010, 10:48 AM
yea, i think he'll have a chance to beat out hill-- he was okay last year, but nothing special. . . .

claymore
05-25-2010, 10:55 AM
I'd like to see McBath take Dawkins' spot.

Id love to see that.