PDA

View Full Version : Halo Reach - Official Release Date

Shazam!
05-24-2010, 11:35 AM
Halo: Reach Release Date Decided
Mark your calendars.
May 24, 2010
IGN

Get out your antiquated wall calendar and circle September 14. That's the date Halo: Reach will be available at your local retailer, unless you live in Japan in which case you'll have to wait until September 15. Suckers.

Bob McKenzie, senior vice president of merchandising at GameStop noted that, "Pre-orders for 'Halo: Reach' have been off the charts, with fans snapping up the limited and legendary editions since they were introduced just a month ago. Overall, it's a real testament to the passion of the 'Halo' fan base."

Meanwhile, Microsoft has revealed some numbers regarding the recently concluded Halo: Reach beta. More than 2.7 million people took part in the public multiplayer beta, logging over 13 million games for over 16 million hours of play time. That in just over two weeks.

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/109/1092200p1.html

Thnikkaman
05-24-2010, 11:43 AM
No disrespect Shazam! I just need to inject my Stereotypical

HALO SUCKS!!

Post. Please carry on.

LordTrychon
05-24-2010, 12:27 PM
Wonder what's with the legendary pack?

Wish I had that kind of disposable income still....

Shazam!
05-24-2010, 01:49 PM
No disrespect Shazam! I just need to inject my Stereotypical

HALO SUCKS!!

Post. Please carry on.

This response usually comes from the mouth of a typical Sony fanboy but in your case it's from a PC snob. I dont know what's worse.

Thnikkaman
05-24-2010, 02:41 PM
This response usually comes from the mouth of a typical Sony fanboy but in your case it's from a PC snob. I dont know what's worse.

I've actually enjoyed some of the Console Shooters and am getting a little better with the joypad, but I would still take a mouse and keyboard over a joypad any day.

LordTrychon
05-24-2010, 04:06 PM
http://livingelpaso.files.wordpress.com/2010/03/haters.jpg

:laugh:

Shazam!
05-24-2010, 06:16 PM
I've actually enjoyed some of the Console Shooters and am getting a little better with the joypad, but I would still take a mouse and keyboard over a joypad any day.

So, because you suck with a contoller means a game series sucks? I didnt know that was the reason.

Thnikkaman
05-24-2010, 09:13 PM
So, because you suck with a contoller means a game series sucks? I didnt know that was the reason.

No. The reason is because its a mediocre game that brought Multiplayer FPS's to the console. The story is not that great, and it was a big **** You to PC gamers when they finally ported it to PC. I've had more fun playing Raving Rabbids with my 4 year old than I have playing Halo; and I hate playing Raving Rabbids.

I concede that for people who's first online multi-player experience was Halo, its a great game; all that, there was no new territory other than the Platform. The console FPS experience has come leaps and bounds since Halo was first released. I totally understand loyalty to a franchise. Hell, I bought at least 6 of the Tony Hawk's Pro Skater games in its heyday, and was a FF dork until FF8. That's part of the reason why I just said "halo sucks", and left it at that in my first post. I have nothing against you and the joy you get from playing that game. In fact, I'm a little jealous that you have the time and expendable income that I don't have so that you can play this game.

Finally the greatest advantage the PC has over a Console in this experience is the lack of prepubescent boys who talk like sailors in voice chat.

Shazam!
05-24-2010, 11:41 PM
Halo revolutionized FPSs on consoles and that is why it is relevant to console gamers. In almost every modern FPS for consoles, there's something that Halo pioneered first.

I thought the story throughout the trilogy was just epic with some jaw dropping moments, and people can call Master Chief whatever they want. He's far and away more than any point man in CoD.

PC gaming has advantages I admit, but to me especially with RTSs and some SIMS. The graphics line is so close now too. There's a massive amount of games you just cant play on a PC, and having friends over playing sports games on a PC, in no way can come close to a HDTV and a sofa.

Youre a PC gamer. Im a console gamer.

Thnikkaman
05-25-2010, 08:11 AM
Halo revolutionized FPSs on consoles and that is why it is relevant to console gamers. In almost every modern FPS for consoles, there's something that Halo pioneered first.

I thought the story throughout the trilogy was just epic with some jaw dropping moments, and people can call Master Chief whatever they want. He's far and away more than any point man in CoD.

PC gaming has advantages I admit, but to me especially with RTSs and some SIMS. The graphics line is so close now too. There's a massive amount of games you just cant play on a PC, and having friends over playing sports games on a PC, in no way can come close to a HDTV and a sofa.

Youre a PC gamer. Im a console gamer.

I'm going to start a new thread in attempt to get this thread back on the topic of Halo Reach.

Shazam!
05-25-2010, 08:28 AM
I'm going to start a new thread in attempt to get this thread back on the topic of Halo Reach.

Allow me to do that. I thank you then for derailing it in the first place.

Wonder what's with the legendary pack?

Heroic Edition includes-

Halo Reach Game

Game Disc in custom case modeled after a recovered ONI data module

A custom in-game Elite armor set for use in Reach’s multiplayer modes.

Artifact Bag containing a brand-new piece of the extended Halo universe: The personal notes and documents of the creator of the SPARTAN program: Dr. Catherine Halsey.

Dr. Halsey’s ONI Security Badge.

Embroidered Spartan II Patch.

Legendary Edition includes all of the above and-

Noble Team statue expertly crafted by the artisans at McFarlane Toys. Individually molded, hand-painted and individually numbered, this statue is a must-have for any serious “Halo” fan

UNSC-themed custom packaging.

An exclusive in-game Spartan armor effect.