PDA

View Full Version : Andrew Mason -- Letter to Fans from MHR

ApaOps5
05-20-2008, 10:53 PM
Found this on Bronco Mania and didn't see it posted here so thought I would share as TSG wouldn't mind:

http://www.milehighreport.com/2008/5/20/523605/a-letter-to-broncos-fans-f

In the comments I read on message boards, my former blog, e-mail and other venues, many of you wanted to know where I would end up. I didn't want to say much until I had something to report -- which is now the case.

But please forgive me for detouring before getting to the point of this piece.

With the Broncos opening their quarterback camp on Monday morning, I found myself taking a few minutes to click around and see how the first day of OTAs was being covered. After all, it seems like only yesterday that I was blogging about Broncos offseason practices, and just a couple of hours ago that I was still writing on DenverBroncos.com.

Then I saw this picture over on the Rocky Mountain News' Web site. I easily recognized Jay Cutler and Patrick Ramsey. The fellow in the background -- that was another matter entirely.

"Eighty-four?" I blurted out in puzzlement to an otherwise empty hotel room. "Who the heck is that guy?"

(For the record, it is tight end Brett Pierce.)

I hope you'll forgive my ignorance, because I have another team upon which I am focused -- the Carolina Panthers.

As the Broncos began their quarterback camp, I went through my first day at Bank of America Stadium in Charlotte as the staff writer on the team's official Web site, Panthers.com. It is an opportunity for which I am thankful to so many near and far, in Dove Valley and beyond -- not the least of which are those of you who shared so many kind words in the days and weeks after the paths of myself and the Broncos diverged. My second chance with an NFL team is in part due to Broncos fans who read the site and blog and responded to it with such gusto.

Wherever I go and whatever I do, I'll never forget what a privilege it was to write for you, Denver's fans, for the past six seasons. Yes, this is a business, and there's a reality to it that I understand in the way so many players and coaches have over the years. But this is also a passion, one that all of us around the sport -- players, staffers, coaches, fans -- share with equal fervor.

Take care, and until we meet again, "vaya con Dios."

DenBronx
05-20-2008, 11:22 PM
pretty classy for andrew to write the fans about his deparure. im glad that carolina is thinking about bringing him aboard. he is right though, this is a business and i think that it as just time for everyone to go in a new direction.

Tned
05-20-2008, 11:32 PM
Was there anything definitive about why him and the others were gone. Was it just cost cutting or other reasons? Or, nobody really knows?

Superchop 7
05-21-2008, 02:24 AM
I had my black-tooth like I said I would Andrew.

pnbronco
05-21-2008, 09:28 AM
Was there anything definitive about why him and the others were gone. Was it just cost cutting or other reasons? Or, nobody really knows?

I have looked in several places and I have not seen anything. I thought it was really strange that they cut the lady that has ran Bronco Charities for so many years. So I guess we will never really never know. I'm glad Mason got another job, I'll miss his camp reports also.

Lonestar
05-21-2008, 11:54 AM

I'm sure over time it will all come out.. but for now I think it was posturing for the upcoming contract talks..

Fan in Exile
05-21-2008, 12:01 PM
I've thought about this every time I watch one of those videos brought to us by comcast. It really does seem to be a cost savings move. Are those videos even done in house anymore? If not they probably just turned something they were paying to do into something they are payed for now.