PDA

View Full Version : What next for the Cavs?

Retired_Member_001
05-19-2008, 04:38 AM
What went wrong?

Who should go?

What do they need?

Coaching change?

Thoughts?

Retired_Member_001
05-19-2008, 04:38 AM
What went wrong?

Their big trade. I think they needed to bring another superstar in. Not a bunch of roleplayers and bench players. Even the starters they did bring in aren't superstars. LeBron needs another superstar on the team. Because of their lack of superstars, LeBron does everything and this causes the Cavs trouble.

Who should go?

I'm not sure what to say here. All I know is they need another superstar.

What do they need?

Another superstar.

Coaching change?

HELL YES.

Thoughts?

Promise another superstar and give it to LeBron THIS off-season. If not, LeBron is gone and will be sippin' Cristal with Jay Z.

I Bleed Orange and Blue
05-19-2008, 09:09 AM
haha i think the biggest thing they need right now is either a coaching change or if they wanna keep brown, they could bring in an "offensive guru" to run the offesne because mike brown sucks at that.

Second witht he contracts of eric snow and a few other bench players, the cavs will have room to get that one mor piece they need.
Should be interesting next year.

Although i live in cleveland and i CANT STAND lerbron!

honz
05-19-2008, 12:26 PM
Everyone can always use better talent on their team, but i think their main problem is their coach. Mike Brown is an excellent defensive coach, and defense is how they got to the finals last year, but their offense is dysfunctional and Mike Brown is to blame for that.

Either Mike Brown needs to go or he needs to take a hit to his ego and let one of his assistants (or a new assistant) take over the offense. Also, Lebron needs to add to his game. He is an incredible physical talent/specimen, but he really doesn't have any offensive moves. He just uses his strength and athleticism to get to the rim. If Lebron could learn how to shoot consistently...his form is terrible and his shot looks different every time...and learn how to post up like Kobe does, he would be even more dominant than he already is.

The Cavs are okay...they lost to the supposed best team in the league in 7 games and Lebron is still only like 22.

MOtorboat
05-19-2008, 12:27 PM
Suck enough to get into the lottery and draft Derrick Rose...

OB
05-19-2008, 12:50 PM
What went wrong?

Who should go?

What do they need?

Coaching change?

Thoughts?

Here's my thoughts Celtics rule :elefant: Cavs drool :drool:

j/k - i know this isnt smack

It was a good series, that could have gone either way

im not into the NBA so I really cant say

but why do you care - you have a Lakers sig :confused:

MOtorboat
05-19-2008, 01:01 PM
Here's my thoughts Celtics rule :elefant: Cavs drool :drool:

j/k - i know this isnt smack

It was a good series, that could have gone either way

im not into the NBA so I really cant say

Maybe I'm wrong in this, but I would imagine he's a LeBron fan.

I like LeBron a lot, even though I'll never root for anybody other than the Nuggets.

I think the talent that LeBron has means he could be the best ever, so I think the topic is pretty relevant to any NBA fans. If they got the right complement for him...yes his "Scottie Pippen"...we could see an incredible run of dominance out of Cleveland...but, maybe LeBron is gonna have to leave Cleveland to see that happen...

Retired_Member_001
05-19-2008, 05:01 PM
=orangenblue420;246613

At a Lakers forum we have a "What next?" thread for all teams who go crashing out of the playoffs.

It's abit late now, but I was trying to bring the wonderful discussion from that forum to this place.

:beer:

SmilinAssasSin27
05-19-2008, 10:45 PM
You can't blame the coach when yer point guard's name is Boobie and you rely on the Fro Bros for your points inside (Z shoots more than he posts). He should actually get an extension for dealing w/ all his players from the Island of Misfit Toys. These guys play their roles well, but the overall talent level is bottom of the barrel after LBJ.

They need a legit PF and/or PG. I like what West and Boobie bring...but from the bench. Baron Davis is a FA to be. He should be their #1 priority

broncosfanscott
05-20-2008, 01:19 AM
Help because Lebron can't always do everything himself.

dogfish
05-21-2008, 02:11 AM
obviously the ideal scenario would be to add another legit star to complement lebron, but quite honestly i don't think this team is as far away as people seem to think. . . losing a 7-game series to the top seed-- a team with an abundance of talent-- isn't the end of the world. . . the cavs went to the finals last year, and had a great shot at getting to the conference finals again this year, so it's not like they necessarily need to blow up the team. . . boston and detroit are both old teams, meaning that the east could be wide open for the foreseeable future. . .

their defense improved SIGNIFICANTLY in the playoffs, which gives them a nice foundation to build on going forward. . . IMO what killed them was the inability of anyone besides lebron to consistently put up points. . . the guy is a fantastic distributor who can get all kinds of open looks for other players, but it doesn't help if you don't have guys who can knock down open shots on a regular basis. . .

i actually think west would be fine as their starting PG if they could find a better SG. . . west certainly isn't a star, but they don't have the same need at the position as your average team, given the amount of time that james has the ball in his hands-- if you bring in a real stud PG, i think it could affect their chemistry. . . who do you run the offense through? IMO they'd be better off finding an athletic, versatile two guard that can move without the ball, come off screens, or spot up for outside jumpers when lebron drives the lane. . . pavlovic is average at best, and their other outside shooters are old guys (damon jones and szczerbiak both look washed up). . . after trading larry hughes, i expect that finding a SG who can take some of the offensive load off lebron will be an offseason priority. . .

of course, adding a reliable low post scorer would also be huge, but those guys don't exactly grow on trees. . . still, finding somebody that's better than ben wallace and anderson varejo isn't quite the quest for the holy grail. . . :laugh: wallace is utterly useless from an offensive perspective, and varejo does most of his scoring off dunks and really short spot-ups-- neither of them offers much of anything as a post up option to get some easy baskets in crunch time. . . i do like varejo off the bench, as he brings a lot of hustle and rebounding-- he's younger and more energetic than wallace, and they seemed to want him on the floor more than wallace down the stretch of most of the playoff games. . . i think wallace is HIGHLY expendable. . . as someone mentioned, Z is more of a shooter than a back-to-the-basket type of low post scorer, but that's not all bad-- it gives them a different dimension, and he's an adequate rebounder. . . i think he has a few decent years left. . .

they've obviously got their superstar in place, and don't forget how young he is. . . Z should be a decent complementary piece for at least another year or two, and west, gibson and varejo are competent young role players who can continue to grow with james. . . i think they need to focus on adding another legitimate scoring option at either the SG or PF position-- if they can do that, and continue to play defense the way they did at the end of the year, there's no reason that they can't come out of the east next year. . .