PDA

View Full Version : What Broncos Players and/or Families have you met?

Sassy
05-17-2008, 02:54 PM
We had Brandon's family staying at the same hotel as we did in Houston last year. They were roaming around the hotel wearing
Stokely tees and I asked them where they got them and they said they had them made...then it dawned on me to ask if they were
Brandon's family...

We also partied with Jay's parent's in Cleveland a couple of years ago. Jay's dad is a fun guy! :lol:

Mark Schlereth and Randy Gradishar were at OF1 tailgating with us for the MNF game against KC a couple of years ago.

I also got an autograph from Lelie a few years back...oops! :D

Bad Intentions
05-17-2008, 10:01 PM
We had Brandon's family staying at the same hotel as we did in Houston last year. They were roaming around the hotel wearing
Stokely tees and I asked them where they got them and they said they had them made...then it dawned on me to ask if they were
Brandon's family...

We also partied with Jay's parent's in Cleveland a couple of years ago. Jay's dad is a fun guy! :lol:

Mark Schlereth and Randy Gradishar were at OF1 tailgating with us for the MNF game against KC a couple of years ago.

Who really gives a crap if you partied with a players dad...

whoopeefreakindooo!

I mowed my lawn today with a brand new mower, think I'll start a thread!

J/k btw, haven't gave you any crap in such a long time!

Sassy
05-17-2008, 10:18 PM
Thought it would be interesting...you're being a jerk.
What did I ever do to you?
(Ban me for that if you want Tned.)
NM...I didn't see that last part :D
Sorry...

P.S. Sass doesn't take crap from anybody :D

Tned
05-17-2008, 10:43 PM
Thought it would be interesting...you're being a jerk.
What did I ever do to you?
(Ban me for that if you want Tned.)

Don't they say the truth is the ultimate defense?

Oh, that has to do with lible or slander or something, have to think about whether it applies to bannings ;)

Dreadnought
05-17-2008, 10:45 PM
Brandon's family...

I am intensely jealous. No such luck up here where I live. I've met a few of the Giants at a local grocery store a few years back, as their Summer camp is less than 1/2 a mile from my house. Doesn't really count, as they're the Giants. I have a cousin married to an ex-Giant/Jaguar (Pete Mitchell) who I understand is a decent guy, but I've never met him.

Sassy
05-17-2008, 10:50 PM
Jay's Dad is cool...we started by asking him a couple of questions about Jay...and the guy just kept on talking :D

SR
05-17-2008, 11:01 PM
I've met Romo, TD, and Elway. Other than that, I don't know if I've met any other Broncos.

Superchop 7
05-17-2008, 11:07 PM
Bad Intentions........get a life.

As alot of you know, I had a good "few" with Red Miller,

I know others,

this is the one that sticks out,

That night,

He set the standard for me,

That man loved his players like no other.

And this town like it's nobodies business.

Heart of a lion,

Made me want to play just sitting next to him.

Total passion, like I never knew.

He didn't inherit a damn thing,

He took boys and made them men.

No regrets, what a lesson.

Northman
05-17-2008, 11:40 PM
I met John Elway and Tony Lilly years ago when i was a teen. But thats about the extent of it.

Sassy
05-17-2008, 11:46 PM
Don't they say the truth is the ultimate defense?

Oh, that has to do with lible or slander or something, have to think about whether it applies to bannings ;)

So I can call someone a jerk in self-defense? :cool:

slim
05-17-2008, 11:49 PM
I met a boat load of Broncos when they used to have training camp in Ft. Collins (in the late 70's, early 80's). Of course I was just a kid, so it wasn't like I had the chance to drink a beer with them and hang out. But I will never forget meeting Rich Upchurch, Claudie Minor, John Keyworth, Barney Chavous, Dennis Smith, Randy Gradishar, Tom Jackson, Louis Wright, et. al.

Unfortunately, they moved training camp to Greeley in ’82 (I think). So I didn’t get a chance to meet many players after that.

shank
05-17-2008, 11:54 PM
i've seen rod smith 3 times at 3 different events.

in the 'real world' i've ran into trevor pryce at the amc 24 in highlands ranch, he was playing cruisin world lol. and i met mike anderson at some basketball convention thing downtown.

it's weird that both of the player i've met out in the world both went to the ravens...

Superchop 7
05-18-2008, 12:20 AM
OK, one other....Steve Atwater....... in Canton.....at Elways indunction..........STILL built like a brick of pain. (looked like a body builder)

Good guy,

Saw the jersey......shook "MY" hand.

All I could muster was...

thank "YOU" !!!

The guy "explains" football to Okoye,

Then explains it to me.

Who am I ? a fan.

Who is Steve ??? A Bronco.

Bad Intentions
05-18-2008, 09:51 AM
Sassy, the J/K at the end of my post means Just Kidding. I assumed you were smart enough to figure that out. No worries though, I forgive you... and you'd forgive me if you knew who I was! :D Ha!

Anyhow, I've met plenty of Broncos and their families. Actually hung out with Ashley a few times and still consider him a good guy. Obviously it didn't work out with him but I'll never hate him... not like Walker!

This thread still cracks me up though. We so need some football to start, we're getting desparate!

Sassy
05-18-2008, 09:54 AM
Sassy, the J/K at the end of my post means Just Kidding. I assumed you were smart enough to figure that out. No worries though, I forgive you... and you'd forgive me if you knew who I was! :D Ha!

Anyhow, I've met plenty of Broncos and their families. Actually hung out with Ashley a few times and still consider him a good guy. Obviously it didn't work out with him but I'll never hate him... not like Walker!

This thread still cracks me up though. We so need some football to start, we're getting desparate!

I posted before the JK at the end...I fixed my post after I did.

underrated29
05-18-2008, 10:15 AM
I met ashley lelie at my work. I met daruis gordon, that old backup qb with darius in his name (he can drink) herb haygood all from a lady i worked with who knew all of them like best buds.

I met schlereth at a store once, zimms? I think in australia for the year like 2000 HOF game or something. (not sure what year it was). And it was for like a second.

I partied with romos daughter a few years back, and she is just a crazy as he is.

oh and my wife went to school with shclereths kid- if that counts for anything.

Sassy
05-18-2008, 10:23 AM
I met ashley lelie at my work. I met daruis gordon, that old backup qb with darius in his name (he can drink) herb haygood all from a lady i worked with who knew all of them like best buds.

I met schlereth at a store once, zimms? I think in australia for the year like 2000 HOF game or something. (not sure what year it was). And it was for like a second.

I partied with romos daughter a few years back, and she is just a crazy as he is.

oh and my wife went to school with shclereths kid- if that counts for anything.

Darrien Gordon???

Bad Intentions
05-18-2008, 10:55 AM
And Jarious Jackson is sounds like...

Does Training Camp count?

I've met Dre Bly... He was burned out one day and asked if he could borrow my legs!!! lol

Hoshdude7
05-18-2008, 02:11 PM
I met Jason Elam.

Meck77
05-18-2008, 06:22 PM
I've met quite a few players and some family over the years. The coolest experience I had was serving beers and drinks to Elway and Gorbachev at a private party. When Elway was introduced to Gorbachev he said "Oh I've seen you on tv you are the car salesman right?". The room erupted with laughs as the interpreter explained to him that Elway was a superbowl champion for the Broncos as well as a car dealer.

Sassy
05-18-2008, 06:24 PM
:lol:
I've met quite a few players and some family over the years. The coolest experience I had was serving beers and drinks to Elway and Gorbachev at a private party. When Elway was introduced to Gorbachev he said "Oh I've seen you on tv you are the car salesman right?". The room erupted with laughs as the interpreter explained to him that Elway was a superbowl champion for the Broncos as well as a car dealer.

:lol::laugh::cool:

tripleoption
05-18-2008, 06:34 PM
I met Greg Robinson at a coaches clinic last year. I know he coaches for Syracuse now, but he told me if I needed anything to contact him. He was the DC for our two Super Bowl champs, so I think that counts. :D It was interesting what he gave his presentation on. It was stuff I'd been doing for a couple of years with my defenses (taking proper angles to the ball and tackling technique) and he said he actually learned this stuff while with the Broncos from a high school coach from California. He'd been using it since. I also went on a bike ride with a couple of ex Broncos, but I don't know who they were. I didn't find out til about halfway through the ride because someone told me they used to play defensive end and line for the Broncos. I belong to a cycling club called Rocky Mountain Cycling Club, and I guess there are several ex Broncos that belong to the club.

East Coast Fan
05-20-2008, 09:22 AM
Bad Intentions........get a life.

As alot of you know, I had a good "few" with Red Miller,

I know others,

this is the one that sticks out,

That night,

He set the standard for me,

That man loved his players like no other.

And this town like it's nobodies business.

Heart of a lion,

Made me want to play just sitting next to him.

Total passion, like I never knew.

He didn't inherit a damn thing,

He took boys and made them men.

No regrets, what a lesson.

This is the guy that I'd like to sit with and talk about those Orange Crush teams from the 70's; that must've been a great night and wonderful memories for you!

jrelway
05-20-2008, 04:27 PM
i've met rod smith, alfred williams, and neil smith during the 97 season after a monday night man handling of the raiders. players were inside a fenced in parking lot eating some bbq. i think i mentioned this on the freak before, but as rod smith was leaving, i flagged him down, didnt even know who he was at the time. he got out of his beat up isuzu rodeo to sign my jersey..ill never forget that. i was flagging down john elway for an autograph but he quickly turned to give the 3 hot blondes a signature instead. cant say i blame him.

BroncoBuff
05-20-2008, 05:38 PM
I knew all the guys in the 80s ... went to parties at Elway's and Louie Wright's houses.

Never met any current guys.

broncosfanscott
05-20-2008, 07:17 PM
The only Bronco player I have met in person is Mark Schlereth when I went to Denver game a couple of years ago. He was on a radio show at the ESPN Zone.

Hobe
05-20-2008, 08:10 PM
I saw Eddy Mac get in his car outside the Target store in Castle Rock a few years ago...

ya, I know. Not very impressive... :ohwell:

BroncoBuff
05-20-2008, 09:37 PM
We should have a sweepstakes or something to guess what Sassy's #22 means ...

I'm getting really tired of not knowing.

Sassy
05-20-2008, 09:38 PM

:lol: You're too funny Buff...everyone else figured it out pretty much right away! :laugh:
You and Spider...typical men! :lol:

Requiem / The Dagda
05-20-2008, 09:43 PM
It's the number of tomato plants she's gonna grow this year. DUH. :lol:

Sassy
05-20-2008, 09:46 PM
It's the number of tomato plants she's gonna grow this year. DUH. :lol:

Nah...Jalapenos! :eyebrows:

BroncoBuff
05-20-2008, 10:10 PM
:lol: You're too funny Buff...everyone else figured it out pretty much right away! :laugh:
You and Spider...typical men! :lol:

Wait ... typical men? Is that a clue?!

Midnight Blue
05-20-2008, 10:26 PM

There is a number that's usually associated with Sassy's "other half"....

Sassy
05-20-2008, 10:36 PM
There is a number that's usually associated with Sassy's "other half"....

:eek: No!!!...don't give him hints.

Midnight Blue
05-21-2008, 12:32 AM
:eek: No!!!...don't give him hints.

Sorry! No more hints then.... :D

BroncoBuff
05-21-2008, 01:03 AM
Uuuuuuuummmmm ..... E-leven?

BroncoBuff
05-21-2008, 01:31 AM
You know, I don't know if he's here yet, but this board might not be a good place for Dmitri. Once he finds out you can give rep to yourself, I'm worried he might go over the edge. A couple frantic hours in here, and he might need medical attention. Maybe need to be sedated. For his own good. :D

Midnight Blue
05-21-2008, 01:48 AM
You know, I don't know if he's here yet, but this board might not be a good place for Dmitri. Once he finds out you can give rep to yourself, I'm worried he might go over the edge. A couple frantic hours in here, and he might need medical attention. Maybe need to be sedated. For his own good. :D

He was here.... briefly anyway.

CBF1
05-22-2008, 01:30 AM
I met Ryan Clady at me gym here in SoCal about 2 weeks ago, that is my latest chance meet.

Stargazer
05-22-2008, 02:36 AM
Haven't met any Bronco players. Haven't really cared to.

East Coast Fan
05-22-2008, 03:03 PM
Never met a Bronco player out here; the closest to me is probably Jack Dolbin who I believe is now a chiropractor? near Pottsville, PA.

I work with George Atiyeh who was on the Denver Gold for one season, does that count? He played in old Mile High Stadium....:D

BroncoBuff
05-22-2008, 05:35 PM
I met Ryan Clady at me gym here in SoCal about 2 weeks ago, that is my latest chance meet.

That is a "chance" meet. Was he pretty cool?

Broncospsycho77
05-22-2008, 05:45 PM
I met and shook hands with John Elway at a PGA pro-am thing maybe 5 years ago. He's still a monster in terms of stature.
Also, a very long time ago, I was in NYC in a restaurant, and I was standing by the bar, and little did I know, I was picked up and moved just a little out of the way of the nearest stool... Dan Marino picked me up LOL. I got a picture with him later, even if he wasn't a Bronco... didn't have the heart to say I was an Elway guy, though...

slim
05-22-2008, 05:47 PM
I met and shook hands with John Elway at a PGA pro-am thing maybe 5 years ago. He's still a monster in terms of stature.
Also, a very long time ago, I was in NYC in a restaurant, and I was standing by the bar, and little did I know, I was picked up and moved just a little out of the way of the nearest stool... Dan Marino picked me up LOL. I got a picture with him later, even if he wasn't a Bronco... didn't have the heart to say I was an Elway guy, though...

Dan Marino picked you up? Does beef know you play for the other team?

Broncospsycho77
05-22-2008, 05:53 PM
Dan Marino picked you up? Does beef know you play for the other team?

Well, you gotta know what team beef plays for before knowing that :rolleyes:

05-22-2008, 08:00 PM

Too funny.