PDA

View Full Version : the Disc Golf thread

Pages : [1] 2

dogfish
05-17-2008, 12:52 AM
i don't know if anyone else here even plays besides AWIK and i, but WTH-- we've got a thread for every other fringe sport, why not? anyone ever play, or have any interest in playing?

i freakin' love it, for whatever reason. . . there's just something almost meditative about it, it's so relaxing. . . i've actually never played real golf before, and i'm definitely interested, but frisbee golf does have some advantages. . . one of the biggest is that it's free to play most places, and you never have to reserve a tee time-- also, the starting equipment costs about fifty bucks total, and there's no dress code. . . in fact, most disc golf courses are so informal that you can bring your own beer with you. . . it's extremely laid back. . . good times!

frauschieze
05-17-2008, 01:10 AM
I used to play years ago. I've been thinking about starting back up again. All the courses here are up in the mountains. Hiking, the woods, a friendly but competitive game with friends.....it's good times.

We call it folf up here though.

slim
05-17-2008, 01:16 AM
I played a few times, back in the day. They used to have a course at CSU (maybe they still do, IDK). But, I haven't seen a course since I left CO (and this was many years ago).

shank
05-17-2008, 02:07 AM
there's supposed to be 2 courses here in gunnison, i've been meaning to check it out

dogfish
05-17-2008, 11:08 PM
I used to play years ago. I've been thinking about starting back up again. All the courses here are up in the mountains. Hiking, the woods, a friendly but competitive game with friends.....it's good times.

We call it folf up here though.

there's supposed to be 2 courses here in gunnison, i've been meaning to check it out

do it!

mountain courses rule. . .

i just ordered a bag and some new discs-- i can't wait to get them. . .

sneakers
05-18-2008, 05:11 AM
I call it "stoner golfing" because in all 3 courses they have here in Madison, it seems that more people are sneaking into the woods to smoke pot than playing.

AlWilsonizKING
05-18-2008, 10:53 AM
Just played a round yesterday down in the Black Forest!! I love that course....mountian type course without the drive...hehehe.

I've been playing since '98 and have loved it since that first time!! Own over 100 discs and a few bags.......and a pair of fishing waders so I can "swamp" for discs in the water.

If any of ya'll want to throw a round, give me a hollar and I'll be there.

PEACE!!!

dogfish
05-18-2008, 01:06 PM
holy shit, that is a frickin' ton of discs. . . . :laugh:

any particular brand you prefer?

AlWilsonizKING
05-18-2008, 03:39 PM
holy shit, that is a frickin' ton of discs. . . . :laugh:

any particular brand you prefer?

Yeah I would have more but I sell some, give some to the homies, donate some at tourny's and such.....

I'm not set on one brand...I throw Innova, Discraft, Millenium and DGA brands.

As far as favorite discs.....

Drivers:
-Viking (Innova)
-Storm (Discraft)
-Polaris (Millenium)
-Orion (Millenium)

Midranges:
-Aviar (Innova)
-KC Pro Roc (Innova)
-Buzzzz (Discraft)

Putters:
-KC Pro Aviar (Innova)

PEACE!!!

dogfish
05-18-2008, 03:47 PM
Yeah I would have more but I sell some, give some to the homies, donate some at tourny's and such.....

I'm not set on one brand...I throw Innova, Discraft, Millenium and DGA brands.

As far as favorite discs.....

Drivers:
-Viking (Innova)
-Storm (Discraft)
-Polaris (Millenium)
-Orion (Millenium)

Midranges:
-Aviar (Innova)
-KC Pro Roc (Innova)
-Buzzzz (Discraft)

Putters:
-KC Pro Aviar (Innova)

PEACE!!!

sweet. . . .

how many discs do you usually carry in your bag?

do you have a couple of drivers that you use most of the time, or do you change up a lot from shot to shot?

I Bleed Orange and Blue
05-19-2008, 09:13 AM
disc golf.........ITS FROLF......anyone who ever saw sinfeld knows that.

AlWilsonizKING
05-19-2008, 10:45 AM

Yeah for those "trendy" types it is Frolf......but for us diehards, it Disc Golf because you are playing golf with a DISC not a FRISBEE, which are different....;)

Dog, I carry 13 drivers and midranges (mostly drivers) and 1 putter. Probably like 10-11 drivers, 2-3 mid's and my 1 putter. I typically use my Viking (just like these for some reason) for most drives but all the others are for certian holes and shots that I want on those holes, being that each disc has it's own unique flying pattern. I only use one putter just so I can always know what that disc is going to do while putting.

I'm gonna hit up a course or two this afternoon after work and maybe do a little "swamping" after I'm finished.:D

PEACE!!!

AlWilsonizKING
05-19-2008, 03:46 PM
Countdown is 30 minutes before I can get out and play!! Tomorrow will be another round or two also since I am off!!! Whooo hoooo!!!

PEACE!!!

dogfish
05-20-2008, 12:32 AM

seinfeld ain't the boss of me. . . . :D

i'm gonna keep calling it disc golf, or frisbee golf (no offense AWIK :laugh: ), the way i always have. . .

Dog, I carry 13 drivers and midranges (mostly drivers) and 1 putter. Probably like 10-11 drivers, 2-3 mid's and my 1 putter. I typically use my Viking (just like these for some reason) for most drives but all the others are for certian holes and shots that I want on those holes, being that each disc has it's own unique flying pattern. I only use one putter just so I can always know what that disc is going to do while putting.

PEACE!!!

cool, sounds fairly similar to what i usually carry. . . i'm the same way with my putter, i use my aviar A+P for 100% of my putts, as well as short approach shots. . . i lost my roc a while back and haven't been able to find another one around here, but i just ordered a pair of 'em-- once i get those i'll probably go back to using it for almost all of my approaches. . . i also ordered a couple of fairway drivers (champion eagle and star TL). . . obviously, i use mostly innova. . .

i just bought a few discs over the weekend, and got to throw a few of them tonight. . . i think i may have found a new favorite distance driver, a 167 gram champion beast. . . i do like the vikings also, i've got three of those. . .

Countdown is 30 minutes before I can get out and play!! Tomorrow will be another round or two also since I am off!!! Whooo hoooo!!!

PEACE!!!

i had a good game today. . . played 28 holes, and hit par for the first time-- no big accomplishment to an experienced disc golfer like yourself, but i was pretty happy about it. . . this is a really easy course, but i'll take what i can get. . . :lol:

if i have time and the weather stays nice, i think i might try a new course thursday-- the great blue herron DCG (http://norwalkdiscgolf.org/index.html) . . . . i've also got an eye on a place that's built on a ball golf course that went out of business-- it would be sweet to play some disc golf out on those manicured fairways! :werd:

AlWilsonizKING
05-23-2008, 10:46 AM
Heading out to Fort Morgan to play the course out there tomorrow. Can't wait since it's been over a year since I played there and the last time it was a drizzle/rain round!! Hopefully this time will be sunny skies and hot weather!!!

PEACE!!!

05-23-2008, 10:58 AM
Any sport you can play while drinking a beer is civilized!

Only bad part...I have contracted poison oak more than once due to my drives sucking and stomping through underbrush et al.

dogfish
05-23-2008, 12:14 PM
Any sport you can play while drinking a beer is civilized!

truth!

:beer:

Only bad part...I have contracted poison oak more than once due to my drives sucking and stomping through underbrush et al.

lol. . . gotta watch out for that shit!

dogfish
05-23-2008, 02:27 PM
it's time to go hit the links. . . .

WOO HOO!!

Requiem / The Dagda
05-24-2008, 04:24 PM
Disc golf is great. We have about three good courses up in the Fargo/Moorhead area. In particular, there is one that kind of goes along the Red River in a valley area with hills, water and trees so it's especially fun. The one we have here in my hometown back in South Dakota stinks, but at least we have one. Disc golf is a sport I usually associate with the hippies, so it's kind of obvious what goes on during the festivities. Mellow out, chill out and toss them discs. :beer:

AlWilsonizKING
05-25-2008, 02:40 PM
So one of my buddies didn't want to play Ft. Morgan (he had girlfriend stuff to do later...:mad:) so the 4 of us just played doubles at Badlands and after that me and another played a round at Birds Nest. A little windy, but nothing I'm used to playing in.

Doubles results....My partner and I lost by 1

Singles I won by 3

PEACE!!!

AlWilsonizKING
05-30-2008, 09:51 AM
I'm not sure what the courses name is, but it's just off 6th ave parkway and Wadsworth. Just a small 9 holer and every hole is a birdie op....:rolleyes:

Anyway we play there every now and then just for "Ace Ops". (Still have yet to hit one :mad:) Hole 6 there is about 280ft from tee to basket. Well I threw a nice drive floated a bit started turning left when the wind took hold and sent it on a up a down journey until it slammed it right off the top of the basket!!!:eek: Only thing closer would have been to go in. Oh so close!!

Finished the 3 rounds -8 and "stomped the comp" which consisted of my buddy and another gent we met while playing. Whoo Hoo.

Next chance to play will be Saturday, but not sure where yet!

PEACE!!!

dogfish
06-06-2008, 09:14 PM
finally took some pics of the course that i play most of the time. . .

http://img515.imageshack.us/img515/6980/dsc01112up3.jpg

http://img405.imageshack.us/img405/1210/dsc01115at8.jpg

http://img405.imageshack.us/img405/8738/dsc01116lx6.jpg

http://img521.imageshack.us/img521/8323/dsc01119ac6.jpg

http://img515.imageshack.us/img515/1916/dsc01121ws7.jpg

here's dogfish on the course. . . .

http://img521.imageshack.us/img521/6203/dsc01123lg1.jpg

dogfish
06-06-2008, 09:22 PM
this hole has pissed me off so many times. . . it's a pretty sharp downhill grade that dog-legs off to the left. . .

http://img521.imageshack.us/img521/2182/dsc01125ez3.jpg

nice tight fairway here. . .

http://img405.imageshack.us/img405/6509/dsc01128la4.jpg

http://img405.imageshack.us/img405/3279/dsc01130lo8.jpg

http://img521.imageshack.us/img521/7341/dsc01133ky3.jpg

http://img515.imageshack.us/img515/7338/dsc01150sj3.jpg

http://img521.imageshack.us/img521/680/dsc01152me3.jpg

Broncospsycho77
06-06-2008, 09:55 PM
I went out for the first time in almost a year yesterday at the local park course. It's an 18-holer that winds through both a forest and a literal farm of wheat. Unfortunately, it had rained about 3 inches the hour before, so we only made it through about 8 or 9 holes when my shoes were ruined and I had lost a good driver to the current of a stream. Next week, though, I'm hitting the course when it's dry.

AlWilsonizKING
06-06-2008, 10:18 PM
Excellent pics Cam!!! :salute:

What course is that? Where is that? I love that tight fairways and the trees!!! :drool:

I'm playing Lighthouse (The Cactus Course) tomorrow at 10:30 with 3 opponents..er..friends...;) Most likely we'll play dub's, but if we play singles I'm all over 'em!!

PEACE!!!

dogfish
06-06-2008, 11:54 PM
I went out for the first time in almost a year yesterday at the local park course. It's an 18-holer that winds through both a forest and a literal farm of wheat. Unfortunately, it had rained about 3 inches the hour before, so we only made it through about 8 or 9 holes when my shoes were ruined and I had lost a good driver to the current of a stream. Next week, though, I'm hitting the course when it's dry.

yea. . . it's no fun when you're sloshing through a few inches of mud to play-- especially if they don't have concrete tee boxes, and you're slippin' and slidin' when you're trying to launch your drives. . . i had a few rounds like that earlier in the spring. . .

it was in the high eighties with mad humidity here today, and i was about the only fool out on the course. . . :laugh: gotta go when you can, though. . . .

Excellent pics Cam!!! :salute:

What course is that? Where is that? I love that tight fairways and the trees!!! :drool:

I'm playing Lighthouse (The Cactus Course) tomorrow at 10:30 with 3 opponents..er..friends...;) Most likely we'll play dub's, but if we play singles I'm all over 'em!!

PEACE!!!

it's hedges boyer DGC (http://mysite.verizon.net/resohppf/id26.html) in tiffin, ohio. . . it's in a big ass park. . . . there are a few woods holes, but it's mostly mature trees and mowed grass, which is really nice-- very little rough to lose your discs in! there are a few elevation changes (nothing too drastic), and one or two where the creek comes into play, but only if you shank it (yes, i have thrown a few discs in there, and it's deep enough that they're gone if you do :tsk: ). . . pretty easy course, but it's good for a beginner like me, and it's hardly ever crowded, which i love. . .

i never played the cactus course when i was out there-- enjoy your game!

DenverBronkHoes
06-07-2008, 12:53 AM
i know i turn every thread into a pot thread.... But this is more well known as stoner golf or hippie golf... Invented by stoners, played by stoners. I played in college on the campus. Good times... Hit the bowl, throw a disc..... light the white-boy, throw another disk... good times

Reminds me of PCU.... jerrytown.... SWIRLIES!!!

http://www.fileden.com/files/2007/1/14/640616/jerry.jpg

DenverBronkHoes
06-07-2008, 01:00 AM
Them disks are heavy... I knew nothing of the game before college... It only took a day to get me hooked... i have always sucked at golf... its been a couple years for me... thanks for bringing back the memories guys.....

i think i need to assemble the homies soon.... I know there are a couple courses on the beach out here

AlWilsonizKING
06-07-2008, 06:03 AM
:coffee:
Up doing the earlybird thing here at work to make up a few hours, then I am headed to the course. I'm sure I'll play another course when finished with the first but "Either way it's a disc golf day!!!" Got the top down on the O||||O, got one bag full of discs, the other bag full of green and out on the course is where I'll be seen!!!

:salute::D:cool::beer:

PEACE!!!

DenverBronkHoes
06-07-2008, 10:42 AM
Al is the man

AlWilsonizKING
06-08-2008, 08:15 AM
Al is the man

I second that...;)

Started the round yesterday 10:45am sharp. Proceeded to kick butt and take no names. Ended the round in 1st with a -3.

After the "Cactus Course 18" myself and a friend went and played the Badlands (Waterworld) 27. This was a more closely contested matchup. Back and forth, up and down. We both missed a lot of easy birdies and even missed a few pars...:mad:...it went down to the final hole of the day to determine the winner......which of course was me by 1. Finished a dissapointing +5....:tsk:

Even though I was not happy with the last score, the day was great!!! Cannot complaine about a day of disc in the sun with friends!!

Next chance to get out may be Monday afternoon as I'm working both jobs every day up to Thursday when my week long camping vacation begins!!!!!!!!! Can't wait.

Now on to work.........:rolleyes:

PEACE!!!

DenverBronkHoes
06-08-2008, 09:17 AM
i definately wanna hang with al

dogfish
06-08-2008, 01:32 PM
man, i would kill to play waterworld again. . . .

AlWilsonizKING
06-08-2008, 03:37 PM
man, i would kill to play waterworld again. . . .

One of my top 3 favorite courses!!! They are finally putting baskets on the backwoods 9. They have baskets on holes 3, 6 and 9. My bud's and I want to donate one but as of now we haven't.

My top 5 courses that I've played....

1. Leadville
2. Sakuna (Black Forest)
3. Badlands (Waterworld)
4. Birds Nest (West Arvada)
5. Expo Park (It's my "home course")

PEACE!!!

AlWilsonizKING
06-10-2008, 10:53 PM
Played Johnny Robets Memorial yesterday. For those who don't know, it's got a fairly good size creek that runs it's way through the park and the course it pretty much built along it. Unless you play safe on every water hole, you are gonna taste water at some point in the round...:mad:...sometimes the water level is low (like it has been lately) or sometimes it a rager.

Well I hit the water on 2 of the first 3 holes. Nothing big for me, just don't like starting the round that way. After that though I was throwing rockets!! My friend was too but sadly for him it wasn't enough. Another close round though but in the end I can out on top!

On a side note....I am getting deadly with the "Hyper" putt. A "Hyper" putt is when you throw the disc similar to a ball overhand. It will flip in flight and "Bang the Chain!!" You can also throw it the same way but not flip it, instead spin it as normal but only with you fingers. Anyway I can hit these with no problem from 10-15 feet. I've only been practicing them for about a month or so...:shocked:

Well I keep seeing beutiful days go by while I'mworking my behind off at the jobs.....:mad:...but 1 more day and I'm off for a week!!

:D:cool:

PEACE!!!

dogfish
06-11-2008, 06:17 PM
al, is that course in arvada?

i played a new course today (finally got out to that great blue herron DGC that i linked earlier in the thread), and i too was in the drink by the second hole. . . landed right on the edge of the lake-- luckily that SOB was only about two feet out, and i was able to wade out and get it. . .

this course. . . damn! three or four of the fairways were tighter than the one i posted from my normal course, including one where there were a pair of trees literally about six or seven feet apart, not ten feet from the tee box, that you had to throw through. . . and about half a dozen of the baskets were frickin' ringed with trees on all sides-- made putting a real pain in the ass. . . :rolleyes: there was one basket that was on a sharp downslope, less than ten feet from the water-- i'm thinking to myself, why not just put the damn thing IN the water and save people the trouble of trying to stay dry?

also, they had those shitty chainstar baskets (http://www.discraft.com/images/acc_chnstr_stnd_lg.jpg) instead of the nice DISCatchers with the big yellow rubber ring, so if you don't know where they are you can't see them until you're right on top of them. . . luckily i got a local to play most of the course with me so i wasn't stumbling around in the woods looking for the baskets. . . . :laugh:

now that i know the layout, i'll probably go back some time. . . i would have taken pics, but i charged my battery and then forgot to put it back in the camera like a dumbass. . . .

AlWilsonizKING
06-12-2008, 12:29 AM
al, is that course in arvada?

Yeah it off of Allison and 64th, just down the way. It's an "Ace" course as a bunch of baskets are within reach. I don't play it very often as it's usually busy and people are walking in the park everywhere.

I'm also not a fan of those baskets. Or when they are not double chained and your disc flies right through 'em...:mad:

I'm off for 6 days starting tomorrow and it's gonna start with a round of disc around noon and another around 6.

PEACE!!!

dogfish
06-12-2008, 12:59 AM
i'm pretty sure that i played that course-- i think my friends took me there for one of my very first rounds, in fact. . . i remember them calling it the "river runs through it" course. . . :laugh:

i'd probably feel differently if i went back and played it now, but i didn't like it much-- probably because i spent the whole damn round crawling in and out of the creek. . . :frusty:

enjoy your games tomorrow!

AlWilsonizKING
06-12-2008, 07:35 PM
enjoy your games tomorrow!

Well being that it is windy as heck today. I didn't play..:mad:..I don't mind a little wind, but sustained winds of 20-30 mph don't make for a fun game.

I needed a day of nothing anyway after working so much the past few weeks.

PEACE!!!

MOtorboat
06-14-2008, 05:06 PM
My brother's really into disc golf, but there's not a course where he lives now, or at least, I don't think there is. He went to CSU and played the on-campus course all the time.

dogfish
06-14-2008, 05:10 PM
My brother's really into disc golf, but there's not a course where he lives now, or at least, I don't think there is. He went to CSU and played the on-campus course all the time.

unfortunately, there's no course where i live now, either-- i don't let that stop me, though. . .

the PDGA course finder (http://www.pdga.com/course/) is the best way i know of to find the closest places to play. . . .

MOtorboat
06-14-2008, 05:13 PM
unfortunately, there's no course where i live now, either-- i don't let that stop me, though. . .

the PDGA course finder (http://www.pdga.com/course/) is the best way i know of to find the closest places to play. . . .

OH...there is one in Torrington. Hmm...I guess I was wrong, I wonder if he's played it. I'm sure he has. We don't talk a whole lot.

Slick
06-14-2008, 05:17 PM

this place would be about a 4 day drive. http://www.pdga.com/course/courses_by_city.php?id=2859

Until then I'm stuck throwing at palm trees on the beach, and the wind can be treacherous. I've had to go swim for a disc a time or two.

One of the few things I miss is disc golfin'. Buy a couple discs and a putter and go have fun.

MOtorboat
06-14-2008, 05:17 PM
this place would be about a 4 day drive. http://www.pdga.com/course/courses_by_city.php?id=2859

Until then I'm stuck throwing at palm trees on the beach, and the wind can be treacherous. I've had to go swim for a disc a time or two.

One of the few things I miss is disc golfin'. Buy a couple discs and a putter and go have fun.

Oh the HUMANITY!

:D

Slick
06-14-2008, 05:22 PM
Oh the HUMANITY!

:D

Yea...I guess if df and AL told me to go f myself and quit bitching they'd have every right. :lol:

dogfish
06-14-2008, 10:54 PM
Yea...I guess if df and AL told me to go f myself and quit bitching they'd have every right. :lol:

i wouldn't tell ya that, and i do feel bad for anyone that likes disc golf and doesn't have a course close to them. . . but yea, i really don't feel all THAT bad for you. . . . :lol:

AlWilsonizKING
06-18-2008, 03:53 PM
Played a bunch of rounds during my weeklong vacation from the j-o-b. Even took the chance to go "swamping" for discs at Expo and walked away with 59 discs!!!:eek:My best swamping day ever!! Found a lot of goodies and with the warming weather I hope to find many more!! Rockin' 4 totes of discs now!!!

PEACE!!!

dogfish
06-18-2008, 03:58 PM
i played the worst round i've had in years this past weekend. . . . :rolleyes:

i'm gonna try to get out and rectify that tomorrow-- we're getting some fantastic cool weather right now, i definitely want to get out and take advantage of it. . .

dogfish
06-21-2008, 12:07 AM
got in 27 holes today, and played much better than last time. . . . :elefant:

AlWilsonizKING
06-22-2008, 12:49 PM
got in 27 holes today, and played much better than last time. . . . :elefant:

Nice D!! I played 2 rounds the other day (Expo and Johnny Roberts) and was throwing farther than I had ever on a bunch of holes. The first round was a loner at Expo, and the 2nd I won against my buddy....went down to the last basket where I drained a 40-50 ft birdie to finish off the round!!

Played yesterday at "WestMonster" and though it wasn't the best of rounds scorewise, I did again come out on top in a close match!! Gotta like that!!

Next chance to get out will be Tuesday....on Monday I'm playin' hoops!!

PEACE!!!

AlWilsonizKING
06-25-2008, 09:48 AM
Didn't play yesterday as I was really sore from the B-ball games the day before. I did do some swamping and again had a great day. I ended up finding 46 discs. Combine that with my last swamping mission and I have found a total of 106 disc in just two days of work or better yet 4 hours of work!!!

PEACE!!!

dogfish
06-25-2008, 11:42 AM
Didn't play yesterday as I was really sore from the B-ball games the day before. I did do some swamping and again had a great day. I ended up finding 46 discs. Combine that with my last swamping mission and I have found a total of 106 disc in just two days of work or better yet 4 hours of work!!!

PEACE!!!

holy shit man, what do you do with all those discs??

:lol:

i had a pretty good game yesterday-- i really wanted to play another nine holes, but it was too damn hot!

AlWilsonizKING
06-25-2008, 02:23 PM
holy shit man, what do you do with all those discs??

i had a pretty good game yesterday-- i really wanted to play another nine holes, but it was too damn hot!

Keep the good ones ans sell the rest at the course's I visit.
I find a lot of good Star and Champion discs!!!

PEACE!!!

dogfish
06-28-2008, 05:28 PM
rain all weekend when you want to hit the links sucks. . . . :mad:

AlWilsonizKING
06-29-2008, 03:25 PM
Had a tee time of 10:30 with a homie at Waterworld and like always I got there at 10:20 when I realized I had forgotten my bag and discs!!!:mad: Lucky for me we were going to swamp afterward, but instead swamped first. I found 5 and my bud found 4. So we just played a round with 4 discs each. I did ok considering I was using discs I've never thrown before...Star Roadrunner, Champion Leopard (will be in the bag now), some mystery Innova disc (previous owner scratched everything off), and a borrowed Avair Putter (from my homie). He ended up winning this round by 1 and it almost went to sudden death playoff but he made a great putt on 18!!

After going to his pad and chillin' for a few (Xbox 360) we played a round at Johnny Roberts. This time we played with only a Driver, Midrange and a putter. Good round for me though not the best (-5) and I ended up winning by 4!!:D

All in all it was a great day even though it started with me waking up to a sprinkle and rushing out to the Jeep to put the top up hahaha.

PEACE!!!

AlWilsonizKING
07-14-2008, 04:32 PM
http://www.milehighdiscgolf.org/

Gonna be in the Mile High Classic at EXPO PARK (my "home course"). I hope to do well as I always kill that course every time I play it.

Player package looks nice also. I really love the Coca Cola type disc. Gonna have to try and score a couple of those so I can get my mom one....she collects Coke items.....noooooo not that Coke...:tsk:

PEACE!!!

Slick
07-14-2008, 05:17 PM

Gonna be in the Mile High Classic at EXPO PARK (my "home course"). I hope to do well as I always kill that course every time I play it.

Player package looks nice also. I really love the Coca Cola type disc. Gonna have to try and score a couple of those so I can get my mom one....she collects Coke items.....noooooo not that Coke...:tsk:

PEACE!!!

Good luck man. Throw 'em straight and far.

dogfish
07-14-2008, 09:48 PM

PEACE!!!

sweeeet. . . . kick some ass, bro!

i just got back from the course a few minutes ago. . . .

AlWilsonizKING
07-26-2008, 12:38 AM
Lookin' forward to a roung or two tomorrow. Should be great weather like always. I just hope it's not windy....not that I mind wind...I actually like it, my favorite quote is "Me and the wind are friends." haha No the reason is because my friends don't like too much wind...:rolleyes:WHATEVER

Either way I know I'll be having fun and kicking butt...and no names of course.;)

I repost the results tomorrow, but I have a feelin I and you all know what it's gonna be....hahahahahaha

PEACE!!!

AlWilsonizKING
08-01-2008, 10:54 AM
Played a couple of rounds yesterday (Badlands and Expo) Did okay at both....lost my JLS on that damn hole 13 at Expo. Oh well, easy come easy go.

Can't play today due to work, but it would be great as it's gonna be 100* today...I love it hot!!:cool: But I may just go down to the Black Forest tomorrow morning to play as it's supposed to be another hot one. Maybe do a couple rounds down there tomorrow.

Anyway back to the J-O-B....:rolleyes:

----
\|/
==
||
^^my cheesy disc basket^^

PEACE!!!

Tned
08-19-2008, 09:40 PM
They just setup a course close to where I live. some of us at work (real golfers) were talking about giving it a shot.

What should I know about disc golf? I hear there are different types of frisbees that you use. What are the basics, so I can be sure to kick by buddies butts in disc golf like real golf.

dogfish
08-19-2008, 09:56 PM
They just setup a course close to where I live. some of us at work (real golfers) were talking about giving it a shot.

What should I know about disc golf? I hear there are different types of frisbees that you use. What are the basics, so I can be sure to kick by buddies butts in disc golf like real golf.

oh, "real golfer" huh, you elitist snob?? :mad:

seriously, give it a shot-- it's a great game. . . as far as i know, the basics aren't that different. . . hardly anyone is good at it at first, it takes plenty of practice and can be frustrating if you take it too seriously. . . getting distance on your drives is more about proper body mechanics than raw power. . . and yes, the discs are considerably different from traditional frisbees. . . if you don't have a quality store nearby, this (http://www.discgolfcenter.com/) is the site where i get my discs now-- they're very reliable, with a great selection. . . if you have any questions, feel free to post 'em here or PM me. . .

AlWilsonizKING
08-19-2008, 11:04 PM
Played a round today at Johnny Roberts. Won by 2 with a -3. Not my best by far but it was okay. What really ruined the day is after the round a buddy and I were doing the "Long Drive Challenge" Basically 2 sidewalks are 400 feet apart and we see who can pass the mark) Anyway I threw mine and hit a tree by the side walk and it landed right next to the tree, a dog came by which my buddy had to pet, he threw his disc and when we went to retrieve them my was gone and a threesome was just walking from where the disc landed. I asked them if the saw it or picked it up but they said no, which in my mind was a lie cause we looked everywhere!!

:mad:

Tned, try it out!!! It's a lot more forgiving than ball golf and is just a really good time in the park or woods, or water depending on how/where you throw ;) Just find a good driver, midrange and putter and that's all you need. Everyone I have taken for thier first time loved it!!

PEACE!!!

shank
08-25-2008, 04:17 PM
just bought a set of discs, hoping to make it out later when my buddy gets back from fishing!!

any tips AWK?

dogfish
08-25-2008, 04:18 PM
word, i'm off to get a round in. . . .

shank, i gotta tip fer ya-- don't throw it in the water. . . . :heh:

AlWilsonizKING
08-25-2008, 06:51 PM
just bought a set of discs, hoping to make it out later when my buddy gets back from fishing!!

any tips AWK?

Good luck. Tips?....The drive is all about proper technique. Most newer players use the sidearm throw (which I don't and easier to throw your shoulder out). I use the trusty backhand. Yes the sideare creates a little more D but like I said....watch your shoulder. Don't try throwing with a ton of power. Level arm and whip it as close to your chest as possible when throwing (if you use the backhand). You will also want to trun your wrist a little at the end of the throw right as you release the disc for the straightest line. This will feel awkward at first, but will get better with time. When someone is new to the sport, I tell them to just stand at the end of the tee pad and throw. Forget the run-up as it will only make it harder to learn. Once you get the hang of driving, you can incorperate the "X step" and run-up.

To me though, the game is won and lost when putting. Anybody can throw a long drive, but if ya suck at putting, your game will also. I spend at least 3-4 hours a week practicing putting. Most courses have a practice basket and I say spend a good 15-20 minutes before each round practicing.

As far as disc selection......use what ya like and don't worry about what everyone else says. My main driver is a 150 Champ Viking (which I just lost yesterday :mad: in the water) and when I would tell people that they would say "You use a Viking?!?!?" and I'd say "Yep!!" as I outdrive them by 50 feet....lol!! I also use a lot of other discs but just use what ya got and it will usually grow on you. The better you get you can start using other discs and get a feel for what ya like....ie. lighter weights (145-160) vs. heaver weights (160-175), discs with flat straight edges vs. discs with a little lip to the edges (which I prefer). It's all about what YOU like and everyone else can "eat a disc!!";)

Disc golf also is full of great people. You can pretty much get in with anybody. I have met some of the chillest peeps while out on the course. Not the snobby standoffish peeps you see on the golf course.

All in all just go out have fun enjoy the round and being out in the great outdoors!!! Oh and like D said......"STAY OUT OF THE WATER" even if you have to take an extra stroke to avoid it.....nothing worse when you're just starting out than losing discs in the water. To me though they are easy come easy go as I go "swamping" in the water hole for lost discs.

Have a great time you guys. I don't get to play today as it's raining and I got to do laundry BAAAAD!!! But tomorrow it's on!!!!!

PEACE!!!

dogfish
08-25-2008, 08:14 PM
if ya suck at putting, your game will also.

how'd you know? :mad:

Requiem / The Dagda
08-25-2008, 08:57 PM
Just picked up a Innova Beast distance driver today, and will be getting a few more discs in a few weeks. It's pretty good. It's a 171 -- so not too bad. Nice trajectory, and with me being a lefty, can be really awesome if you're hookin' stuff in. Did two full 18's and a 9 today. PEACE!

shank
08-25-2008, 09:09 PM
i got a set of discraft discs. i used the sidearm throw, as i could throw it a lot further that way, with similar accuracy. i just can't get a lot of power throwing backhand! i putted with a backhand throw though...

it was a lot of fun, and i can see myself playing a lot, it's so easy to get out and do it. both courses here are unmarked and informal, so i don't know any pars or anything like that, so me and my friend did match play style... the course at western is so bad, we gave up, because it's unmarked, we could only find like 3 of the tee boxes, and we walked around forever and could only find 5 baskets... played the other course and had a much easier time.

Requiem / The Dagda
08-25-2008, 09:25 PM
Discraft is gay. Nobody has bought a Discraft set since Nam.

dogfish
08-25-2008, 09:36 PM
Just picked up a Innova Beast distance driver today, and will be getting a few more discs in a few weeks. It's pretty good. It's a 171 -- so not too bad. Nice trajectory, and with me being a lefty, can be really awesome if you're hookin' stuff in. Did two full 18's and a 9 today. PEACE!

my 168 gram champion beast is my most favoritest driver ever. . . :salute:

shank, you might want to check the PDGA site and see if they have a scorecard for that course-- otherwise, play 'em all as par 3's. . . .

AlWilsonizKING
08-25-2008, 10:20 PM
Most all courses are par 3 unless marked at the tee box.

I use Discraft, Innova, DGA and Millinium discs....doesn't matter to me.

:laugh: at Dog!!

PEACE!!!

wylde bill
08-26-2008, 12:22 PM
noob disc golfer here

just started playin a lil this summer... i cant find the time most weeks to go with the lil un but its a great game to get involved with... living in pa i have a course about 10 mins away from me... still dont throw over the lake cuz i know i wont make it and someone like AlWilsonizKING will be swamping my discs outta the lake...

thanks for the tips and info in this thread ill try different things when hittin the course...

btw aka lynchembaby or saltybuggah now

AlWilsonizKING
09-06-2008, 11:26 PM
Played 24 holes today at Birds nest. Finished = for the win. Bounced a disc off the basket for a near ace on hole 9.....:mad: Course is really coming along. John Bird is getting it spruced up for the upcoming tourny.

After that we played a round at Johnny Roberts. Again I won though I finished +1 for the day....ggrrrr.

Had a fun day, and the wins were the icings on the cake!!! Was gonna play tomorrow, but forgot I had to work at KMart....:rolleyes:

PEACE!!!

shank
09-22-2008, 03:52 PM
still playing and have fully adopted the backhand throw. my friend uses a sidearm drive with tomahawk approaches.

yesterday i finished +1 after 18 (2x9) i'm pretty much hooked, it's just too easy to get out and play.

dogfish
10-02-2008, 08:15 PM
had my best game in a long time today, finished two under after 27 holes (probably not so good by other people's standards, but that's good for me :laugh: ). . . the course was totally empty, which was awesome, and i probably was more consistent putting than i've ever been-- that saved my ass after some whack drives, although i did bounce a few fairly easy ones off the lip of the basket on the last few holes to prevent getting a better score. . .

AlWilsonizKING
10-04-2008, 05:22 PM
Played at Birds Nest again today. Lost by 1 but had some great ace opportunities on a few holes. Almost had a skip ace on 4 that missed by just a couple of inches.

Had a great time then went and got stuffed on pizza and salad at Woodys in Golden.

May go out for a round before the Bronc's game if I get time.

PEACE!!!

Slick
10-04-2008, 05:43 PM
I was able to break away and play Expo park in Aurora with my almost brother-in-law. It's a short course, but I had fun. I didn't have time to get up with you E but there will be a next time. I was only in Denver for 4 and a half days.

i had a couple 2's but mostly 3's and a couple 4's. I was rusty, and I had to use someone else's discs. I miss some frisbee golf. Going to the park was fun as hell.

AlWilsonizKING
10-20-2008, 02:34 PM
Played the Badlands (waterworld) yesterday afternoon and F'n lost!!! Urrrgggg It was only by one so I can't be too upset. Could have walked away with 4-5 discs from the crew in front of us who were 'ishface drunk and kept forgetting everything including discs(which my buddy kept one of as he lost one also hehe), a hat, glasses, and a flask (which I kept for having to wait all day)

Was awesome to still be able to have the shirt off and shorts on playing in the middle of Oct!!! Gotta love CO!!

PEACE!!!

AlWilsonizKING
12-31-2008, 07:57 PM
Didn't get to play today as I got off work too late, but the past two days it was nice enough to get out and play a round each day.

Played Jphnny Roberts two days ago and was kicking ass and taking no names. Started really strong but faltered a little in the end to finish with a -4 and the win by a few strokes. Whooo Hooo.

Yesterday was at the Badlands. Wind wasn't too bad even though earlier in the day it was hurricane force winds. It was a little windy so we played "extreme condition" rules. We play that when it's either too windy, cold, raining/snowing, etc. We make every hole a par 4 instead of a par 3. Well I was throwing like 'ish to start and fell behind by 6 strokes early. After the 12th hole we went to the "Blair Witch" holes (the back 9 in the wooded area) and that's where I dominate. After the 9th hole I came out leading by 1!!!! We played the final 6 holes and in ended in a tie. So on to the playoff hole.......and you guessed it....I won. Finished with a -3 for the win!!

Wanted to get out today, but no dice. Hopefully it's not too windy tomorrow and the GF won't mind if I hit a quick round. (I'll keep my fingers crossed on that one though lol)

And what? did everyone stop throwing disc cause it's winter or something? Come on Disc isn't like Golf, it's and all year sport!! End of Febuary I'll be in the Ice Bowl again....Snow/Cold/Ice/Sleet/Sun/Warm...whatever it is that day...GAME OOOOOON!!!!

PEACE!!!

AlWilsonizKING
01-23-2009, 04:57 PM
Played a couple rounds on Wednesday morning at 7:00am!!! Left work after coming in to do an order and decided before going on a field trip with the girls I would squeeze in a round at Schafer disc course. It's a small 9 hole course where every hole is a possible ACE (though I have yet to hit one):mad:. I had to wait about 30 minutes before there was enough light to play. A little cold but not too bad. I had never played that early in the morning and I have to say it was pretty nice. No on else on the course, quite, got to watch the sunrise. What can be better than that?

Didn't throw my best rounds and finished the 18 holes with a -3. Not too good considering the size of the course and it's holes. But I still had fun anyway.

PEACE!!!

AlWilsonizKING
02-09-2009, 01:34 PM
Played in the Ice Bowl '09 yesterday and tied for first place in my division!!!! Who da man?!?! Was expecting cold and wet conditions, but it was beautiful. I was even a little hot as I had on about 50 layers of clothing!!

Played at Birds Nest and shot a -6 which is a better day for me than normal at that course. I had a few muligans to spare also which sucks cause I can think of at least 3 holes I could've used them on to better my score. But oh well I can't complain being tied for first!!! Better than last years 3rd place finish.

What kicks major ass is that 170 people played and we raised over $13,000 for the Food Bank of the Rockies!!!!!! #1 in the nation for Disc Golf Fund Raisers!!!!! Can we say Colorado kicks ass?!?!?!?!?!?!?!!!! Once I get some pics on the laptop, I'll post 'em up for your enjoyment!!

Until next time........

PEACE!!!

AlWilsonizKING
02-16-2009, 04:35 PM
About to take the GF out for her first round of Disc!!! :salute:

What I forgot to add in my last post was that she and 2 of the girls came out to watch me in the tourny and they all loved it. They all wanted to play a round right after!! She said today is too nice so lets go play some disc!! I've always wanted a GF who throws some disc!!!

Lucky for us we live 5 minutes away from Schafer which is a small 9 hole course. Great for beginners.

PEACE!!!

dogfish
02-16-2009, 08:51 PM
man, i can't wait until the ground dries enough to let me back out on the course. . . that's one of the things i'm really excited about if i do move back to denver-- having dry enough ground that you can golf through the winter months without slogging through a gigantic mud pit (when it's not ice). . .

that, and having courses that are five minutes away and not an hour. . . . :laugh:

AlWilsonizKING
02-18-2009, 04:29 PM
Let me say that mt GF kicks ass on the disc course. She was throwing it farther and with better control than I've seen any other beginner we've brought out. her putting was amazing also. She's a natural and will be kicking ass in now time. She's even said she want's to play in next years Ice Bowl.

PEACE!!!

AlWilsonizKING
03-09-2009, 02:06 PM
Got sent by my job to go help out a store in Austin, TX that recently opened and finally got out to play a local course. Seapoint I think it's called. Played with a group of cool ass locals and shot a -1. Not bad for a first score on a course I've never played. The course had a lot of trees and you had you bring the finess game. Not a lot of long holes by Colorados standards but it was a great, fun course.....here's a few of the many pics I took...

Teeing off on one of the holes....
http://i109.photobucket.com/albums/n76/therealdje/PIC_0046.jpg

Disc in the basket...BIRDIE!!!....
http://i109.photobucket.com/albums/n76/therealdje/PIC_0052-1.jpg

The typical hole....lot's of trees and a narrow line to get through....
http://i109.photobucket.com/albums/n76/therealdje/PIC_0045.jpg

Found this store while walking to the bus stop....pays to walk around from time to time....
http://i109.photobucket.com/albums/n76/therealdje/PIC_0074.jpg

I had a blast. If I can't play again while I'm down here...this one was worth it.

PEACE!!!

dogfish
03-13-2009, 01:49 PM
shit!

we've had some decent sunny days recently, and i just called over to my favorite course to find out what condition it's in and if it's playable right now, and most of the back nine is friggin' under water. . . . :frusty:

so no disc for dog for a while yet. . . .

AlWilsonizKING
03-17-2009, 08:35 AM
Sorry to hear that D!! I've been wanting to hit up the course in the Black Forest but it still has snow....:tsk:

Oh well when I play today I'll do it thinking about those who can't.

PEACE!!!

dogfish
03-19-2009, 09:59 PM
i'm stoked. . . . UPS is supposed to deliver my innova skillshot portable basket tomorrow. . . .

http://img27.imageshack.us/img27/1460/skillshotelementarysm.jpg (http://img27.imageshack.us/my.php?image=skillshotelementarysm.jpg)

i'll be able to set it up in my back yard or at the park, and get in some serious and badly needed practice on my putting and approach shots. . .

MOtorboat
03-20-2009, 07:55 PM
Disc golf is fun.

That is all.

(I played for the first time this week.)

dogfish
03-20-2009, 08:02 PM
word, midget!

MOtorboat
03-20-2009, 08:03 PM
word, midget!

My brother has been really into it for a long time, and he's got all the fancy discs. My dad bought some cheap stuff just so he could go out with my brother every now and then, so I used his stuff. I did alright. It was just a city park course in Tempe, AZ, but it was still a lot of fun.

dogfish
03-20-2009, 08:08 PM
My brother has been really into it for a long time, and he's got all the fancy discs. My dad bought some cheap stuff just so he could go out with my brother every now and then, so I used his stuff. I did alright. It was just a city park course in Tempe, AZ, but it was still a lot of fun.

nothin' wrong with city park courses-- my regular course is in a park, and i really like it a lot. . . may not have the scenic views of some of the rocky mountain courses, but park courses are generally maintained better and don't have the same amount of rough to lose your discs in. . .

and really, there's not THAT much difference between the discs. . . . i generally buy the innova professional discs, and the only difference between those and the cheaper ones is that they're made of harder plastics that can take more abuse-- they really don't fly any better. . . .

AlWilsonizKING
03-20-2009, 11:16 PM
Most Discs come in some form of DX, Champion and Star plastics. DX being the lesser form and Star being the better form and hold its shape better.

I throw Innova, Discraft and Millinium discs. though they all fly pretty much the same they do all have there own flight characteristics that make them unique. Some turn over more (stable discs), some are straighter and some are overstable and turn right (for us righthanded/backhand throwers).

GLad to see you enjoyed it!!!

PEACE!!!

AlWilsonizKING
03-31-2009, 07:24 AM
Hows the basket D?

I just found out how to do my own custom dies on my discs!!!! Did my first one yesterday. When I get a pic of a few I'll post 'em up.

It's been so snowy/cold/windy here the past few days I haven't got to play any disc and it's pissing me off because I still have yet to break in my new bag...holds 20-25 discs, 2 32oz drinks and all the other essential items that a disc'er needs while playing...;)

PEACE!!!

claymore
03-31-2009, 07:35 AM
Hows the basket D?

I just found out how to do my own custom dies on my discs!!!! Did my first one yesterday. When I get a pic of a few I'll post 'em up.

It's been so snowy/cold/windy here the past few days I haven't got to play any disc and it's pissing me off because I still have yet to break in my new bag...holds 20-25 discs, 2 32oz drinks and all the other essential items that a disc'er needs while playing...;)

PEACE!!!

Just found a course near my house. I am going to try it this weekend. I need to lookup the rules... Im a cherry.

AlWilsonizKING
03-31-2009, 07:58 AM
Nice Clay....hopefully you like it...most people who give it a try really enjoy it.

Here's a few links to get ya started on the right track.

Introduction (http://www.pdga.com/introduction)

Rules (http://www.pdga.com/rules)

PDGA Home (http://www.pdga.com/)

Good luck!!

PEACE!!!

dogfish
03-31-2009, 12:03 PM
Hows the basket D?

PEACE!!!

it's sweet, i think having it should definitely improve my sorry putting in the long run. . . haven't had much chance to use it, though, i've just been too busy lately. . .

what bag did you get?

Just found a course near my house. I am going to try it this weekend. I need to lookup the rules... Im a cherry.

dude, that's cool. . . . it's pretty simple. . . . you'll like it, it's a chill game. . . .

claymore
03-31-2009, 12:04 PM
it's sweet, i think having it should definitely improve my sorry putting in the long run. . . haven't had much chance to use it, though, i've just been too busy lately. . .

what bag did you get?

dude, that's cool. . . . it's pretty simple. . . . you'll like it, it's a chill game. . . .

how many discs do I need to buy, I saw something about a putting disc, and a driver disc......

AlWilsonizKING
03-31-2009, 12:16 PM
how many discs do I need to buy, I saw something about a putting disc, and a driver disc......

Clay, a few sports stores carry starter packs, which include a putter, a midrange and a driver. That is usually all you need to start. After you play more you will find that different discs fly better or worse for you and you can add them as you see fit.

Cam, I got the Competition Bag on this page (http://www.innovadiscs.com/bags/index.html), except mine is black and grey. I had the Deluxe Bag, but found I wanted to carry more water, snacks and smoke...;)

PEACE!!!

dogfish
03-31-2009, 12:27 PM

AWIK's right, a putter, driver and a midrange/approach disc is all you need to start with. . . but i usually tell people to buy two or three drivers-- that way you aren't screwed if you lose one in the bushes or the water, and if you have several different ones you can try 'em all out and see which one flies the best for you. . . if you enjoy it and decide to start playing more regularly, here's the site i get my gear from:

http://www.discgolfcenter.com/

Clay, a few sports stores carry starter packs, which include a putter, a midrange and a driver. That is usually all you need to start. After you play more you will find that different discs fly better or worse for you and you can add them as you see fit.

Cam, I got the Competition Bag on this page (http://www.innovadiscs.com/bags/index.html), except mine is black and grey. I had the Deluxe Bag, but found I wanted to carry more water, snacks and smoke...;)

PEACE!!!

that one is sweet! the deluxe bag is the one i use-- it's pretty much perfect for me, except i do wish it had a holder for a second water bottle. . . .

claymore
03-31-2009, 12:44 PM
Good stuff. Looks like I can get started for less than $40. Thanks guys.

AlWilsonizKING
04-07-2009, 08:06 AM
So I've finally found out how to die my own discs and how to take off the company stamps so that I have a blank canvas on every disc. It's awesome to be able to throw a disc with MY ART on it!! I'll take some pic's of the discs I've done and post them when I get home today.....if I'm not busy playing.

My fav's so far are a certian type of leaf that I enjoy smoking and my name in old school graffiti on my putter.

It's really easy too, if any of my fellow discer's want to know how just ask.

PEACE!!!

AlWilsonizKING
04-11-2009, 02:50 PM
So the other day I was playing a MHDG (Mile High Disc Golf) tag match at a course I don't play too often but have played enough that I know the holes well enough. Well I started the day bringing the #85 tag with me (#12 was the low, #257 the high). It was randome draw, meaning I was grouped with 4 fellows I had not met, but who were cool as 'ish the entire round. They had the #'s 82, 188 and 257.

I started off decent enough with a few pars and a bogey. Then things started to change. My putter stopped cooperating with me and the wind picked up a bit. I was driving the heck out of the discs, but when it came to putting it in the basket....no dice! I was hitting everything but the inside of the basket. I mean hitting chains, the top, the bottom, the pole and even the number plate. I even had a disc that was going low grab a gust of wind a foot from the basket, whch lifted it up enough to go into the chains only to fly right through the chains to the ground behind it.....aaarrrrggggg. After all was said and done I was left with the terrible score of +10......are you kidding me? +10?!?!?!?!?!! As scores were read it was soon becoming clear that I was gonna go home with the #257 tag.....can you say OUCH?!?!?! My buddy left with #127 i think....we both had terrible rounds. Luckly there are tag matches every day of the week at different courses, so I'll surely better the tag soon......257 hurts the pride man!!

The highlight of the day was one of our foursome hitting an ace on a 387ft hole!!! It was slightly downhill and it hit about 10-15 feet away and skipped in!!!! Skip aces are the 'ish!!! He took home 57 dollars for the ace pool since it was the only ace of the round! Glad something good happened while I was playing.

Might play tags again on Monday....not sure yet. Wish me luck that I do better than I did this last time.......and that the ace pool is mine!!!!

PEACE!!!

AlWilsonizKING
04-25-2009, 12:42 AM
K so I haven't posted any pics in a while so I thought I'd get a few off the phone up here. Nothing special just a few random shots while playing that I managed to capture on the phone.

So here's from this years Ice Bowl where I came in tied for first (2nd)....
http://i109.photobucket.com/albums/n76/therealdje/_d3h2627-1.jpg

A couple of months ago at about 6:30 in the morning or whenever the sun was just rising....
http://i109.photobucket.com/albums/n76/therealdje/pic012109_112.jpg

A buddy (we'll call him Jacob) putting the other day at Bird's Nest....
http://i109.photobucket.com/albums/n76/therealdje/pic041909_312.jpg

Me driving one of the holes (6 I think) at Bird's Nest the other day....
http://i109.photobucket.com/albums/n76/therealdje/pic041909_212.jpg

Here are a couple of pics of discs Jacob custom died....I don't have any pics of mine yet.
http://i109.photobucket.com/albums/n76/therealdje/imagejpeg_0_0312.jpg

http://i109.photobucket.com/albums/n76/therealdje/imagejpeg_0_0512.jpg

Playing Badlands (Waterworld) tomorrow at 10am, so maybe I'll get some better action shots.

PEACE!!!

AlWilsonizKING
05-08-2009, 09:25 AM
Took home tag number 46 after the tag match the other day....not bad considering I threw a +2...ouch.....best tag I've had all year. On my way to number 1!!

Also made a quick $100 selling some discs....cha-ching!!

PEACE!!!

shank
05-08-2009, 11:32 AM
been out once since the snow melted, it came back fairly quick, but wasn't a good round. looking forward to playing more.

dogfish
05-08-2009, 11:40 AM
i'm really hoping we get a nice day sunday so i can get out on the course for the first time this year. . . .

AlWilsonizKING
05-08-2009, 12:12 PM
Ouch....I can't imagine only being out once or not at all this year. I have to play at least twice a week or I go crazy.

Not gonna play today but I will be out slangin' the discs to make the endz!!! Hopefully since it's Friday mofo's got payed and will be buyin' them up....I need money baaaaaaad!!!

PEACE!!!

Dr Velcro
05-08-2009, 12:17 PM
I will only play Disc Golf if THIS guy blocks my goal....er whatever that thing is.

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2055/2439408421_3eb514c081_o.jpg

AlWilsonizKING
05-08-2009, 01:11 PM
Um...Dr. V...that would be called a basket..:wink: lol

And if I saw that guy on the disc course, I would do my best RAIDEN imitation and kick some arse!!!!!

http://i109.photobucket.com/albums/n76/therealdje/125px-Raiden_mkvsdc.jpg

PEACE!!!

AlWilsonizKING
05-11-2009, 09:28 AM
Had a blast playing the 2nd annual Rondoc (Condor backwards) tourny this past Saturday.

18 holes of pure sillyness. A few examples of the crazy holes are.....the Rubber chicken hole, where every throw is with a rubber chicken. The throw like a girl hole, where you had to put on some pumps, a skirt and a woman shirt and throw super light discs. The mini hole, where you had to play the entire hole with you mini marker disc. The shut your pie hole, where you threw pizza pie tins the entire hole. PURE FUN!!!

I threw an even par (54) the first round and a -4 (50) the second. was leading after the first round and if it hadn't have been for a super round score of a 46 by a fellow compeditor I would have won my division...and a year of free sandwiches from Einstiens Bagles....almost. Second feels great though....this tourny was a blast and I will play it each year from now on!!!

So far this year in tourny's I have tied for first in the Ice Bowl and got 2nd at Rodnoc....guess I can't complain too much.

Also too home a bunch of prizes from the "Golden Retriever" contest and the "Ring of Fire"

HAD A BLAST!!!!!

Here's a great pic from the "throw like a girl hole"
http://i109.photobucket.com/albums/n76/therealdje/pic050909_10.jpg

PEACE!!!

dogfish
05-11-2009, 12:23 PM
that sounds fun. . . .

i finally got out for my first round of the year yesterday! i was definitely rusty, but loved it nonetheless-- it was just sweet to be back out there. . . . they changed around some of the holes on my favorite course, which i wasn't thrilled about. . . . it's nice to have some different holes to play, but a few of the ones they replaced were ones i really liked. . . . one of the new ones is pretty tight, it's a really short little hole where you throw off the top of a hill down into a meadow that twenty to thirty feetlower than the tee. . . . but for the most part, i don't like the new holes as well as the ones they replaced, and they aren't finished yet-- it's just chalk on the grass marking the tee boxes. . . . the layout of the course doesn't flow quite as well as it did. . . . i'll get used to it once i've played 'em a few times, though. . . .

AlWilsonizKING
06-30-2009, 11:29 PM
Played a Tag match today, as I do every Tuesday, at Expo park in Aurora. Did better than normal. Still, like always, left a lot of easy birdies on the course. Finished with a -3 and took home tag #208....OUCH.

BUT......the highlight of the day was HITTING MY FIRST EVER OFFICIAL ACE!!!!!!!!!!!! 2nd drive of the day (we started on #6), threw my Classic Roc and it flew a perfect flight right into the basket!!!!! I didn't even get to watch it finish moving in the basket......I was high 5'n and jumping in the air!!!! Here's a pic of my disc and hole 7's tee pad.
http://i109.photobucket.com/albums/n76/therealdje/1stACEHole7Expo.jpg

Best of all was I had put a dollar into the Ace Pool and no one else hit one, so I go to walk away with $130!!!!

I also got close to hitting another Ace on hole number 11. I threw the disc, it hit and went thru a tree about 10 feet in front of the basket, hit the chains, went in the basket, but bounced out the other side........are you kidding me?!?! Almost 2 Aces in the same round!!!!

AWESOME!!!!!

PEACE!!!

AlWilsonizKING
07-22-2009, 02:47 PM
Played at Expo again yesterday and hit MY SECOND ACE in less than a month. Hole number 1...though it was really hole number 17 for my group as we started on number 3. Took home $40 from the ace pool.

Hopefully the third times the charm this Sunday, as the ace pool is $250+!!!!

Wish me luck.

PEACE!!!

AlWilsonizKING
08-03-2009, 07:45 PM
No Aces as of late but the Ace Pot at Expo on Sundays is now $350+. Even talk about capping it and starting a new one, so that if someone would hit one they would take home $300 and there would already be a new one growing......good idea I guess.

I was just tossing a few drives on hole one at the course near my work durnign my lunch today. Well just call me Randy Johnson.....as I hit a bird with one of my drives. I have hit a bird or two after the dics is about to land or while rolling/bouncing, but this is the first time I hit one just after releasing the disc. It wasn't a huge hit, and I'me sure the bird is okay, but it was close.

Mile High Classic is this weekend. Two rounds of sure fun at Expo.....well all but hole #13..:mad: I'm not sure as to how well I'll do because my putting as been terrible as of late. That and that damn hole #13 there has my name.....and a bunch of my discs!!! I think since I take so many out and sell them, I have to pay up also...lol.

Picture a dog leg right hole, 350+ feet out that starts off to the leftbut dog legs back to the right around this huge 5ft+ deep, nasty pond. To have any chance of a birdy, your throw has to spend most of it's flight way out above the water (for us right handed back handers). Well more times than not I Come up just short of the shoreline......:mad:.

Anyway wish me luck this weekend and hopefully I get another top 3.

PEACE!!!

Broncospsycho77
08-11-2009, 01:04 AM
Finally played again (maybe first time in a year) at Lake Tahoe. Played 2 courses: Zephyr Cove Park and Bijou Park. ZC plays basically up and down a mountain; Bijou was a fun one, lots of trees, 27 holes. I was rusty, but it was fun.

Here's a pic of the 15th at ZC:
http://www.aboutlaketahoe.com/disc-gallery/images/5-3%20013.jpg

AlWilsonizKING
08-11-2009, 09:35 AM
Finally played again (maybe first time in a year) at Lake Tahoe. Played 2 courses: Zephyr Cove Park and Bijou Park. ZC plays basically up and down a mountain; Bijou was a fun one, lots of trees, 27 holes. I was rusty, but it was fun.

Here's a pic of the 15th at ZC:
http://www.aboutlaketahoe.com/disc-gallery/images/5-3%20013.jpg

Looks like one beauty of a course. I love mountian courses!!!

I played in the Mile High Classic this past weekend. Didn't do so well as a couple of holes kicked my butt. Took a couple of circle 7's on the dreaded #13 (my evil nemisis). It was a fun couple of rounds though.

Highlight of the day was winning the CTP and taking home a very rare DGC Roc that is going straight to the wall. That and getting another hard to get Crystal Buzzzz!!!

PEACE!!!

AlWilsonizKING
08-14-2009, 05:57 AM
Played a couple of practice rounds at this LOVELY mansion course yesterday in preperation of this weekends tourny there. Let me say that it was an absolutly beautiful course. Most holes were short, but were they ever hard as heck. Reminded me of playing a mountian course...which I love to play. No big arms here. It's all about finess here. I will post up some pics as soon as I get a chance. The best part was I got to play with the courses designer Jim!!! Awesome, great guy and was a pleasure to play with.

Shot a +7 the first round and a +8 the second. Both were good scores concidering that NO ONE shot under par and the best score was a +1!!!!

Wish me luck for tomorrow.

PEACE!!!

AlWilsonizKING
08-28-2009, 10:56 PM
"I play for the love of the game, I play for the comraderie and inspiration, to embrace the family of the disc, the journey, the sweet spot, I play for past, present and future legends, I play for my community, I playfor the spirt of Johnny, I live, breath, eat and sleep to the sound of chains, for the high fives, I play to play another day, I play for the dissappointment which drives me forward, I play for the beauty of flight, the amazement, the luck, I play for the howl, the nature that surrounds us, I play for the lifelong journey, the once in a lifetime shot, the plastic, the skip, NEVER FORGETTING THAT I PLAY THIS GAME FOR FUN!"

Maybe someone could come up with something like this for B Marsh and all the other selfish sports players who seem to do it only for fame and dollars......

PEACE!!!

AlWilsonizKING
09-29-2009, 09:07 PM
Shot a -11 today at Expo. Haven't shot that good in a long while. Should been -13 but I missed a easy 7ft putt on hole 10 and on a 190 foot hole 16 I put it in the small creek next to the basket and missed my circle 3 attempt and took a circle 4 for the hole. My putting was on. It wasn't just a "park it by the hole and make an easy putt" round, it was "get it within 25-30 feet and make a great putt" round!!!!

Kept pace with one of the masters of the sport and took it to the final hole tied.....great boost of confidence I must say!!!

Coulda used a round like this this past weekend during the Johnny Roberts Memorial Tourny.....which I had a horrible weekend playing......:mad:

Oh well this makes up for it a little.

PEACE!!!

AlWilsonizKING
09-03-2010, 06:50 PM
Wow!?!?! I didn't realize it's been almost a year since I've posted in this thread.....:shocked:

Funny too is that I mentioned how poorly I did in the Johnny Roberts Memorial Tourny........which I will be playing in again this weekend.....with MUCH better results I'm hope. Wish me luck peeps!!!

Side note.....the defending WORLD'S CHAMP Avery Jenkins is flying in just to play in this tourny!!! Awesome.....I can only wish to see him play a few holes......see how the pro's do it..;)

BTW....if any of you fellow disc'rs come across a "2007 Players Cup Crystal FLX Buzzz" I will gladly pay or trade for one. It must be a Crystal FLX, not just a Crystal Buzzz. I lost mine recently and have been unable to fine it or a replacement. There were only 500 made so they are hard to find, but is my main "go to" disc.

PEACE!!!

IvoryMonroe
04-05-2011, 07:12 AM
Always nice to get outside for a few hours at a four day... its really great fun

AlWilsonizKING
04-08-2011, 02:38 PM
Dang, this thread finally got some love....and his first post no less....hehe. I have been playing almost every day this year. Had a 3 day weekend not too long ago and played 200 holes in the 3 days. Played Birds Nest in West Arvada and shot -11 with 4 holes missing due to construction. Just over a month and a half until my first tourny of the year down in Sakuna!!! well just had to pop in and say what up?

...until next time...

PEACE!!!

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
06-08-2011, 11:50 PM
a buddy of mine is suppose to take me disc golfing. I'm looking forward to it.

dogfish
06-08-2011, 11:54 PM
okay, WTF??

did my boy AWIK sprout an alter ego or somethin'?

frauschieze
06-09-2011, 12:00 AM
He didn't sign it

PEACE!!!

or

O|||O

can't be.

AlWilsonizKING
06-21-2011, 04:36 PM
Haha funny stuff.

Well so I didn't do so well in the Sakuna Matata tourny last month, but I did finish tied for second at the High Plains Challenge this past weekend. Played the entire tourny without my top 3 drivers in the bag....which I had lost during the doubles round on Friday. Have to say, it was fun watching some of the pros throw!! Makes me think I still have a way to go to get to that level. Close, but not there yet.

Paige B.....the 14 year old phenom.....won the pro women division!!! Amazing........it always fun playing with her.....even though she almost beats me every time....almost.

Until the next time...

PEACE!!!

AlWilsonizKING
06-23-2011, 03:42 PM
So, there was an artical on the PDGA website about the FIRST annual Rocky Mountian WOMENS Disc Golf Championships. Held here in Colorful Colorado!!! 60 women signed up to play!!! I was luxky enough to be one of the caddies!!!

Anyway, I have mentioned Paige B. and here amazing abilities....so here's a link to the artical and a quick video of her 150ft birdie put over the water to the island hole!!! AMAZING!!

http://www.pdga.com/2011-rocky-mountain-womens-disc-golf-championships

PEACE!!!

dogfish
06-23-2011, 03:47 PM
yea. . . i can't sink ten foot putts consistently, i really wanna read about a 14-year-old girl that can sink them from 150. . .

thanks for posting that. . . :lol:

AlWilsonizKING
09-13-2011, 10:41 AM
Played in the annual Johnny Roberts Memorial this weekend. Played good all weekend. Finished tied for 10th. Not bad concidering on the 2nd hole of the last round I took a 7 (two shot into the water), then my next drive from tee goes ob. Not looking good. Made the 3 save on that next shot and from then on when on a birdie streak. Finished that round -3. Had I not had that 7 and gotten a 3, I would have finished in 4th. Overall though I had a blast and played with cool peeps all weekend.

Next is either a late decision to play in McCook, NB this weekend, or for sure the Mile High Classic next which I am already signed up for. Wish me luck that I make my putts!!

PEACE!!!

BroncoNut
09-13-2011, 10:43 AM
awesome. Seems like people really get into this activity. thinking about trying it myself for therapeautic reasons.

AlWilsonizKING
09-13-2011, 10:53 AM
awesome. Seems like people really get into this activity. thinking about trying it myself for therapeautic reasons.

Very addictive sport. Great excersize also. They are even introducing it in gym classes now at schools. I like it because it's more forgiving than traditional golf yet still requires a great bit of skill to be really good at it. Not like throwing a Frisbee, I'll tell you that.

Get out there and try it NUT, I'm sure you'll enjoy it!!

PEACE!!!

BroncoNut
09-13-2011, 11:39 AM
Very addictive sport. Great excersize also. They are even introducing it in gym classes now at schools. I like it because it's more forgiving than traditional golf yet still requires a great bit of skill to be really good at it. Not like throwing a Frisbee, I'll tell you that.

Get out there and try it NUT, I'm sure you'll enjoy it!!

PEACE!!!

I definitely have the opportunity as there is a course just a walk from work (lunch break0 and they sell the discs closeby. I will try it AWK. Also, what kind of Indian are you again? Seminole, correct? :drumbeats:

AlWilsonizKING
09-13-2011, 11:34 PM
I definitely have the opportunity as there is a course just a walk from work (lunch break0 and they sell the discs closeby. I will try it AWK. Also, what kind of Indian are you again? Seminole, correct? :drumbeats:

Glad to hear it. I would go with a putter and a midrange. Learn those and drivers are a piece of cake. Oh and yes, Seminole is correct sir. Have a blast!!

PEACE!!!

dogfish
09-23-2011, 03:46 AM
threw some discs today for the first time in like a year and a half. . .

:shocked:

AlWilsonizKING
09-23-2011, 10:43 AM
Nice to hear!!!

I'm playing in the Mile High Classic this Saturday. This year they set it up a temp course in Barnum Park. Played it a few times already with a temp basket and I like it. Tight lines and both right and left shots.

Thinking of playing in a tourny on Sunday in Longmont also....:confused:

Wish me luck..

PEACE!!!

BroncoNut
09-23-2011, 10:46 AM
Glad to hear it. I would go with a putter and a midrange. Learn those and drivers are a piece of cake. Oh and yes, Seminole is correct sir. Have a blast!!

PEACE!!!

i think I'm going to buy a putter and a midrange today. I'll post pics if I do

BroncoJoe
09-23-2011, 10:53 AM
Not necessarily for Disc Golf, but we have this Frisbee:

http://www.wham-o.com/images/Frisbee/51126.jpg

You can seriously fling this thing over 200 yards. Amazing.

BroncoNut
09-23-2011, 10:55 AM
Not necessarily for Disc Golf, but we have this Frisbee:

http://www.wham-o.com/images/Frisbee/51126.jpg

You can seriously fling this thing over 200 yards. Amazing.

No kidding? that is pretty amazing, but then you have to go get it I would suppose, huh?

AlWilsonizKING
09-23-2011, 11:02 AM
i think I'm going to buy a putter and a midrange today. I'll post pics if I do

Go with a Buzzz or a Roc for the Midrange, two of the best.

I would suggest a Magnet or an Aviar for the Putter.

IMO

PEACE!!!

BroncoJoe
09-23-2011, 11:06 AM
No kidding? that is pretty amazing, but then you have to go get it I would suppose, huh?

Uh, you're typically throwing a Frisbee with a friend, nut. I realize that's a difficult concept for you to understand though.

BroncoNut
09-23-2011, 11:07 AM
Uh, you're typically throwing a Frisbee with a friend, nut. I realize that's a difficult concept for you to understand though.

uhh..,. well I wasn't going to get into this, but throwing frisbee with a friend sounds pretty damn gay.

BroncoJoe
09-23-2011, 11:10 AM
uhh..,. well I wasn't going to get into this, but throwing frisbee with a friend sounds pretty damn gay.

We live near a park, so the kids and I go out there with a Frisbee and/or football often.

Get a friend, nut. It'll help you in the long run.

BroncoNut
09-23-2011, 11:21 AM
We live near a park, so the kids and I go out there with a Frisbee and/or football often.

Get a friend, nut. It'll help you in the long run.

I'm not going to go to a park and try to befriend some kid you sicko

Actually, that sounds like alot of fun, playing frisbee with a friend. The few friends that I have don't play frisbee though.

AlWilsonizKING
09-23-2011, 11:22 AM
The few friends that I have don't play frisbee though.

Then they be friends no more......:D

PEACE!!!

BroncoNut
09-29-2011, 12:33 PM
I stopped by the store today and they don't have either of the brands that AWK suggests. They had a bunch of Innova for both putting and midrange.

The prices ranged from 10-17 dollar from what I saw. I cant' tell the differences some have a certain speed and they come in all sorts of pretty colors. . I think I'll start out soon with a cheap midrange.

weazel
09-29-2011, 12:35 PM
I think I will talk about frolf in the faggot thread...

BroncoNut
09-29-2011, 12:36 PM
whoah there Weazel. I'd just go do that, not come in here and say that that is what you're going to do. Us discers are some tough customers

weazel
09-29-2011, 12:39 PM
whoah there Weazel. I'd just go do that, not come in here and say that that is what you're going to do. Us discers are some tough customers

I was mostly joking... I've seen quite a few people playing it around here lately. We sat and ridiculed them for a while.

BroncoNut
09-29-2011, 12:41 PM
I was mostly joking... I've seen quite a few people playing it around here lately. We sat and ridiculed them for a while.

in Canada?

weazel
09-29-2011, 12:49 PM
in Canada?

lol, yeah.. is that weird? we have about 3 parks in my city

BroncoNut
09-29-2011, 12:51 PM
lol, yeah.. is that weird? we have about 3 parks in my city

no, I was just wondering where you where.

weazel
09-29-2011, 12:54 PM
no, I was just wondering where you where.

lol, I thought maybe you thought it was cold and snowy here all the time. Dont laugh, there are a lot of people that think that way.

BroncoNut
09-29-2011, 01:04 PM
lol, I thought maybe you thought it was cold and snowy here all the time. Dont laugh, there are a lot of people that think that way.

no, I used to fish in canada when the ice got off the lakes in August

weazel
09-29-2011, 01:08 PM
no, I used to fish in canada when the ice got off the lakes in August

ice got off the lakes in august? LMAO where were you at? thats not Canada, thats the north pole! I have never seen ice on a lake in May let alone August, and Ive been to to Yellowknife haha

where I live we start getting snow in December and its gone by March or April.
its 70 degrees today and 85 tomorrow.

Did you play disc golf on the ice?

BroncoNut
09-29-2011, 01:10 PM
ice got off the lakes in august? LMAO where were you at? thats not Canada, thats the north pole! I have never seen ice on a lake in May let alone August, and Ive been to to Yellowknife haha

where I live we start getting snow in December and its gone by March or April.
its 70 degrees today and 85 tomorrow.

Did you play disc golf on the ice?

I was exaggerating/being sarcastic. . no, I never played disc golf on the ice.

weazel
09-29-2011, 01:13 PM
I was exaggerating/being sarcastic. . no, I never played disc golf on the ice.

I know man... theres a sport for you though... full contact ice frolf

BroncoNut
09-29-2011, 01:13 PM
I know man... theres a sport for you though... full contact ice frolf

what is frolf?

weazel
09-29-2011, 01:19 PM
what is frolf?

disc golf... aka frisbee golf... aka frolf...

BroncoNut
09-29-2011, 01:29 PM
disc golf... aka frisbee golf... aka frolf...

do you play weazles? I did once a long long time ago.

Rex
09-29-2011, 01:29 PM
http://www.broncosforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=290053

weazel
09-29-2011, 01:31 PM
do you play weazles? I did once a long long time ago.

nope... had a couple friends that tried it... they are no longer my friends :laugh:

BroncoNut
09-29-2011, 01:34 PM
nope... had a couple friends that tried it... they are no longer my friends :laugh:

you DID have your experimental phase with these fellows before the friendships dissolved did you not?

weazel
09-29-2011, 01:36 PM
you DID have your experimental phase with these fellows before the friendships dissolved did you not?

sadly I didnt know they were faggots until the frolf episode, and then it was too late.

AlWilsonizKING
10-01-2011, 09:59 PM
Played a doubles tourny today. Was in 3rd after one round, but didn't have a great second round. Oh well it was fun and beautiful. Not sure what tourny is next.....

Beauty...
http://i109.photobucket.com/albums/n76/therealdje/brdoubles015.jpg

More...
http://i109.photobucket.com/albums/n76/therealdje/brdoubles014.jpg

My dubs teammate...
http://i109.photobucket.com/albums/n76/therealdje/brdoubles013.jpg

Does the beauty stop, NO...
http://i109.photobucket.com/albums/n76/therealdje/brdoubles011.jpg

Me driving on 17...
http://i109.photobucket.com/albums/n76/therealdje/brdoubles004.jpg

Me putting, just missed...
http://i109.photobucket.com/albums/n76/therealdje/brdoubles002.jpg

PEACE!!!

weazel
10-03-2011, 12:35 PM
that place looks better for a game of paintball

BroncoNut
10-03-2011, 02:12 PM
thinking about getting some discs soon and begin playing. they had a brand clled Innovas at the museum store.

dogfish
10-03-2011, 04:26 PM
nut, FFS! quit talking about it and just do it-- this isn't some major committment or big life decision that requires months of planning. . . .

BroncoNut
10-04-2011, 07:46 AM
nut, FFS! quit talking about it and just do it-- this isn't some major committment or big life decision that requires months of planning. . . .

I need to do more research on discs. plus I have been a bit busy as of late

AlWilsonizKING
10-07-2011, 09:28 AM
"If you watched the season-two premiere of Happy Endings last week, then you know there were some harsh words thrown around regarding Frisbee golf, or Frolf (DISC GOLF), if you will. If you didn't watch, then go sit in the corner and think about what you did! We'll deal with you later.

Turns out, the gang at Happy Endings received some complaints from the Professional Disc Golf Association regarding the treatment of their sport, so H.E. castmembers Zachary Knighton and Eliza Coupe have released an apology video to us so we can do our part to spread their heartfelt message. Watch them spill their emotions on camera, and please remember, before you mock Frolf(DISC GOLF)…think about who you're hurting."

I wasted the 30 minutes watching this show. :tsk::rolleyes::mad: We were told it was going to be a "Frolf" (DISC GOLF) episode. So tell me why there was all but 5 seconds of actual disc golf in the show....showing a girl getting drilled in the head by a disc. Way to promote the sport.....Well here is thier "heartfelt message".

http://www.eonline.com/news/watch_with_kristin/happy_endings_apologizes_offending/266846

And here is a nice response from Pro Disc Golfers Nate Doss and Valarie Jenkins..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pAm4zujJcRI

Gotta love it.

PEACE!!!

BroncoNut
10-11-2011, 09:56 AM
this week I would like to make my purchases.

BroncoNut
10-11-2011, 11:54 AM
I just bought a multipurpose Innova. threw a few holes with it. i suck, but it was fun. I can see how people can get into it.

AlWilsonizKING
10-11-2011, 03:09 PM
I just bought a multipurpose Innova. threw a few holes with it. i suck, but it was fun. I can see how people can get into it.

Nice to see you finally made it out to play! Doesn't take long to improve....unlike ball golf.

I was out trying to sell some of my old discs and got shut down by the man!:mad:

PEACE!!!

dogfish
10-11-2011, 11:38 PM
nut, get a roc-- every disc golfer should have a roc. . .

http://img829.imageshack.us/img829/5230/innovarocdx.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/829/innovarocdx.jpg/)

Uploaded with ImageShack.us (http://imageshack.us)

BroncoNut
10-12-2011, 09:42 AM
nut, get a roc-- every disc golfer should have a roc. . .

http://img829.imageshack.us/img829/5230/innovarocdx.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/829/innovarocdx.jpg/)

Uploaded with ImageShack.us (http://imageshack.us)

a driver, a putter? is it the brand?

I tell you what, i need a driver eventually. Dont see the purpose of a putter at this point in my career. I have a multipurpose that I think would work fine

I'm thinking that rock golf might be exciting. Just throw rocks instead of teeing off a golf ball or slinging a disc. Has anyone pursued that that you know of? seems like it would serve the same purpose and not involve ridiculous brand names and purchases

AlWilsonizKING
10-12-2011, 10:18 AM
The 2 major brands in Disc Golf are, Innova and Discraft. There are also a bunch of smaller and newer companies to choose from. Personally I only throw disc from the two I've mentioned.

Each brand, except a few of the smaller, newer companies have numerous different types of Drivers, Midranges and Putters. I would suggest starting with one of each, but would tell you to throw your mid and putter more than the driver to start. This will help control as they tend to fly a bit more stable (straight).

When choosing a driver, hopefully there is a chart to show each disc and it's flight path when thrown. If not :tsk: I know Innova and Discraft both make these charts. I would suggest starting with any of the following drivers:

Innova:

Leopard
The Leopard is recommended as a great beginner's ultra-long-range driver . Very useful for long, straight shots, gentle hyzers and turnover shots. After aging, it becomes a great roller.

Cheetah
The Cheetah is excellent for long range drive shots and is great for holding a line on the fairway. It is slightly smaller and flatter for better distance. It's considered in between a Leopard and Gazelle for range and stability.

TeeBird
The Tee Bird is Innova's straightest-flying long-range driver. It has similar speed to the Eagle, with slightly more glide and a straighter flight characteristic.

Discraft:

Surge
The Surge is a fast stable disc golf driver that provides excellent control and glide in a lightweight. This disc is great for players who need a little more stability for those super-long drives, and makes a good driver for new players who are ready for a little more stability. Discraft's Pro-D plastic provide excellent grip and ages quickly, resulting in a seasoned flight in less time!

XL
This is one of the farthest flying discs ever made! Pros count on it to deliver an almost perfect line, yet is easy for beginners to master. This long-range driver held the world distance record of 211 meters (thrown by Scott Stokely) from 1998 to 2001.

Nuke Pro-D
The Pro-D Nuke has the same incredible design as its Elite-X, Elite-Z and ESP counterparts, but is available in lighter weights and will become seasoned more quickly. The Nuke is a crazy long driver designed specifically for slower arm speed, making the Pro-D Nuke and awesome choice for newer long-bombers. The Nuke Pro-D is also available in weights down to 150g, making it the lightest Nuke in the line.

Good luck.

PEACE!!!

dogfish
10-12-2011, 01:38 PM
a driver, a putter? is it the brand?

I tell you what, i need a driver eventually. Dont see the purpose of a putter at this point in my career. I have a multipurpose that I think would work fine

I'm thinking that rock golf might be exciting. Just throw rocks instead of teeing off a golf ball or slinging a disc. Has anyone pursued that that you know of? seems like it would serve the same purpose and not involve ridiculous brand names and purchases

it's a mid-range and approach disc. . . probably the most versatile disc out there, it can be used as everything from a fairway driver to an emergency putter. . . very stable, predictable and easy to control. . .

i would get a driver now. . . you can't play effectively without one, you may as well start learning to throw one right away-- it takes some practice. . .

BroncoNut
10-12-2011, 01:49 PM
it's a mid-range and approach disc. . . probably the most versatile disc out there, it can be used as everything from a fairway driver to an emergency putter. . . very stable, predictable and easy to control. . .

i would get a driver now. . . you can't play effectively without one, you may as well start learning to throw one right away-- it takes some practice. . .

a roc huh? who makes it?

AlWilsonizKING
10-12-2011, 02:01 PM
a roc huh? who makes it?

???? did you look at the pic he posted. It's a ROC with INNOVA on it. hehe;):lol:silly man!

PEACE!!!

BroncoNut
10-12-2011, 02:05 PM
???? did you look at the pic he posted. It's a ROC with INNOVA on it. hehe;):lol:silly man!

PEACE!!!

for some reason, I don't get the pics here at work AWK. I'll see it tonight. that's good , means I can probably get it easy.

I see ratings of 4 , 6 etc on these discs. what does that mean? do that have anything to do with the trajectory you were talking about?

dogfish
10-12-2011, 02:11 PM
for some reason, I don't get the pics here at work AWK. I'll see it tonight. that's good , means I can probably get it easy.

I see ratings of 4 , 6 etc on these discs. what does that mean? do that have anything to do with the trajectory you were talking about?

those numbers measure the various flight characteristics (http://www.innovadiscs.com/discs/disc-comparison.html) of the different discs. . . don't worry about all that just yet. . .

BroncoNut
10-12-2011, 02:12 PM
those numbers measure the various flight characteristics (http://www.innovadiscs.com/discs/disc-comparison.html) of the different discs. . . don't worry about all that just yet. . .

really? it's not that important when making a purchase? I think I will buy a Roc soon is there only one kind of roc?

dogfish
10-12-2011, 02:23 PM
really? it's not that important when making a purchase? I think I will buy a Roc soon is there only one kind of roc?

it's not important, no. . . you need to try a couple discs first to have some point of reference. . . i think there are a couple different rocs, but it doesn't matter that much if it says something like champion or star on it-- those are just names of the different types of plastic they use. . . any roc is fine, the differences are really pretty minimal. . . it'll take you some experimentation to figure out what kind of discs work the best for you, but honestly, if you're buying in a store you're gonna be pretty limited in your options unless you have some crazy specialty place available. . . i generally order my discs online, at least the drivers. . . but for your first discs it doesn't matter all that much-- just pick up whatever's available, anything will work for introductory discs. . . i'd recommend an innova viking or valkyrie if you can find them, those are good beginning drivers IMO. . . the innova champion beast is my favorite driver, and their orc is a good versatile driver also. . .

edit; one other piece of advice-- buy bright colored discs, they're a million times easier to find in the grass. . . especially in courses with heavy overgrowth, which plenty of disc golf courses do have. . . don't buy anything like blue, it's a major pain in the ass to find after you throw it. . . i generally try to get orange or yellow discs. . .

BroncoNut
11-04-2011, 02:15 PM
I am now a proud owner of an innova Valkyrie driver.

dogfish
11-04-2011, 02:34 PM
I am now a proud owner of an innova Valkyrie driver.

solid all around driver to start with. . . what's the weight?

BroncoNut
11-04-2011, 02:37 PM
solid all around driver to start with. . . what's the weight?

Yeah, I figured. I was going on your recommendation. I am not sure what the weight is, but I have it in hand right now. the numbers at the bottom are 9, 4 -2, and 2. what does that mean? should I go with it or exchange it for something else. thanks,

dogfish
11-04-2011, 02:49 PM
Yeah, I figured. I was going on your recommendation. I am not sure what the weight is, but I have it in hand right now. the numbers at the bottom are 9, 4 -2, and 2. what does that mean? should I go with it or exchange it for something else. thanks,

nah, that's fine. . . those numbers are innova's flight ratings. . . i'm looking for the weight-- not all discs have it marked, but innova's generally pretty good about it. . . flip the disc over and see if there's a number on the back, somewhere in the 150-175 range. . .

BroncoNut
11-04-2011, 02:50 PM
nah, that's fine. . . those numbers are innova's flight ratings. . . i'm looking for the weight-- not all discs have it marked, but innova's generally pretty good about it. . . flip the disc over and see if there's a number on the back, somewhere in the 150-175 range. . .

158 , but it's written on the back

dogfish
11-04-2011, 03:08 PM
158 , but it's written on the back

you mean like written on by hand, with a sharpie or something? that's how it's supposed to be. . . 158 is pretty light, but that's fine for a beginner. . . take it out and throw it around and see how it flies for you-- if you aren't getting the kind of distance you want, you may want to get a heavier disc like a 170 gram. . .

as i've said before, it's all about practicing and seeing what you're comfortable with. . . if you're going to drive forehand like throwing a regular frisbee, make sure you pivot through your hips-- keep your wrist stiff so you can snap it hard at the end of the throw to get some velocity. . . and don't let your index finger slide out along the rim of the disc, at least when you're driving-- pinch the rim between your thumb, and your index and middle finger. . . grip it tight and fling it. . .

and if you want to throw it backhand, ask AWIK-- i suck ass at backhand drives. . . :laugh:

for putting, keep your wrist loose and just float it softly. . .

did you purchase a putter also? if not, you really should-- putting effectively with that valkyrie would be a huge bitch. . . and i recommend having a backup driver in case you lose the first one. . .

BroncoNut
11-04-2011, 03:32 PM
you mean like written on by hand, with a sharpie or something? that's how it's supposed to be. . . 158 is pretty light, but that's fine for a beginner. . . take it out and throw it around and see how it flies for you-- if you aren't getting the kind of distance you want, you may want to get a heavier disc like a 170 gram. . .

as i've said before, it's all about practicing and seeing what you're comfortable with. . . if you're going to drive forehand like throwing a regular frisbee, make sure you pivot through your hips-- keep your wrist stiff so you can snap it hard at the end of the throw to get some velocity. . .

and if you want to throw it backhand, ask AWIK-- i suck ass at backhand drives. . . :laugh:

did you purchase a putter also? if not, you really should-- putting effectively with that valkyrie would be a huge bitch. . . and i recommend having a backup driver in case you lose the first one. . .

yes, by hand

BroncoNut
11-04-2011, 03:34 PM

as i've said before, it's all about practicing and seeing what you're comfortable with. . . if you're going to drive forehand like throwing a regular frisbee, make sure you pivot through your hips-- keep your wrist stiff so you can snap it hard at the end of the throw to get some velocity. . .

I was wondering about the techniques. I will get a putter next. should have time to get out next week. thank yoiu for your advice

dogfish
11-04-2011, 03:40 PM
I was wondering about the techniques. I will get a putter next. should have time to get out next week. thank yoiu for your advice

let us know how it goes. . .

it can be pretty frustrating at first, so didn't get too perturbed-- those little fuggers can be harder to toss than they look. . . a lot of people have a wicked hook until they get comfortable with the golf discs. . .

AlWilsonizKING
11-04-2011, 03:58 PM
Nut, Hop has had some great advice for you. :salute:

As far as throwing Backhand, you want to stay relaxed until the point where you're actually going to throw the disc. Meaning bring the disc back in a relaxed motion across your body, then use all your force to throw the disc. Most people try to power the entire throw which in turns creates a lot of technique/accuracy issues. When doing this motion, remember, "nipple to nipple." This will help keep it flat as you're throwing. Try also to keep it close to your body when you're doing the throwing motion. I would also recommend standing in one spot when learning to drive as opposed to doing a run-up. The will help not only with the technique, but also the accuracy. There are a lot of good youtube videos that explain it while you can watch people go through the motions.

Like Hop added, most beginning in the sport will have a lot of "fade" (the last of the 4 numbers). When you get a bit more comfortable throwing, you'll learn to get them to fly a lot straighter, sort of an "S" flight.

They are not like standard fisbees at all. So remember that when first throwing....some people don't grasp that concept.

Most of all...have fun!! It's a great sport, easy to learn and progress (unlike ball golf) and it's THE FASTEST growing sport in the US!!!:salute:

PEACE!!!

AlWilsonizKING
11-04-2011, 04:00 PM
Oh and as far as putters go......Get a Discraft Magnet or an Innova Aviar. Those are the 2 best putters IMO. I use a Magnet and will never use any other putter.

PEACE!!!

dogfish
11-04-2011, 04:14 PM
Oh and as far as putters go......Get a Discraft Magnet or an Innova Aviar. Those are the 2 best putters IMO. I use a Magnet and will never use any other putter.

PEACE!!!

an aviar's the only putter i've used for years. . . although, i was forced to use my rhino the other day, and was having some success with it. . .

AlWilsonizKING
11-04-2011, 04:25 PM
an aviar's the only putter i've used for years. . . although, i was forced to use my rhino the other day, and was having some success with it. . .

I have a friend and Rhino's are the only putter he has ever putted with. He like the super gummy ones. I like a "tweener" Not too hard and not too soft.

I started with an Aviar, but once I moved to the Magnet, I have not looked back.....and my putting improved 100%. But really it's all what you're comfortable with in the end.

PEACE!!!

BroncoNut
11-04-2011, 04:27 PM
thanks for your inputs AWK and hop. This new adventure is kinda exciting.

AlWilsonizKING
11-04-2011, 04:29 PM
thanks for your inputs AWK and hop. This new adventure is kinda exciting.

Not a problem Nut. I enjoy talking about disc much more than football. Like I said, just have fun!!! That's what it's all about in the end.

PEACE!!!

dogfish
11-04-2011, 04:30 PM
I have a friend and Rhino's are the only putter he has ever putted with. He like the super gummy ones. I like a "tweener" Not too hard and not too soft.

I started with an Aviar, but once I moved to the Magnet, I have not looked back.....and my putting improved 100%. But really it's all what you're comfortable with in the end.

PEACE!!!

yea, i've putted with a regular aviar for years, and just picked up a star aviar recently-- it's noticeably harder than the regular plastic. . . i haven't had much chance to throw it yet. . .

AlWilsonizKING
11-04-2011, 04:38 PM
just picked up a star aviar recently

Those make excellent driving putters, though I use a harder Challenger or a Glow Aviar for my driving putters.

PEACE!!!

BroncoJoe
11-04-2011, 04:48 PM
Nut, there's a disc golf course right near my home. You should bring your gear.

dogfish
11-04-2011, 04:49 PM

which one?

BroncoJoe
11-04-2011, 04:51 PM
Quebec and County Line. Don't know the name.

EDIT: Actually, it's near Holly and County Line, not Quebec.

AlWilsonizKING
11-04-2011, 05:03 PM
Quebec and County Line. Don't know the name.

EDIT: Actually, it's near Holly and County Line, not Quebec.

That would be "Lighthouse" it's located in the David Lorenz(??) park. That's a fun one, though a lot of plant life and weeds will make locating your discs a task if you're not paying attention. Every Wednesday during the summer, they have a tag match there. I used to work at the Sunflower down the street on Countyline.

PEACE!!!

BroncoNut
11-04-2011, 08:42 PM

thanks, but I'm sure there's one near Gem's house too

Slick
11-07-2011, 05:13 PM
I have a magnet. I use it to bump palm trees since I don't have baskets to throw at anymore.

BroncoNut
11-07-2011, 05:14 PM
I just farted and it smells awful

dogfish
11-07-2011, 05:21 PM
getting ready to go throw a round right now. . .

:werd:

AlWilsonizKING
12-30-2011, 08:57 PM
I have a magnet. I use it to bump palm trees since I don't have baskets to throw at anymore.

$100-$500 you can find baskets on the internet of various types. Some portable and some permanant. I won mine in a raffle after a tourny. :salute:

PEACE!!!

AlWilsonizKING
02-29-2012, 10:24 PM
http://discgolfplanet.tv/our-discgolfplanet-tv-portal

Memorial Tourny.

PEACE!!!

AlWilsonizKING
02-29-2012, 11:25 PM
I was looking at the stats for this thread as I was scrolling the New Posts page and was amazed that this thread has over 10,000 views, but just over 200 posts....lol

PEACE!!!

AlWilsonizKING
03-01-2012, 12:58 AM
http://sports.yahoo.com/top/news?slug=ycn-11001496

The Mile High Disc Golf Club in the front range of Colorado is not only making great strides in helping to spread the word about disc golf, over the fall and winter seasons they've worked hard to help the hungry in the region.

:salute::salute::salute::salute::salute:

PEACE!!!

BroncoNut
03-01-2012, 08:33 AM
i threw a 190 the other day

AlWilsonizKING
03-05-2012, 08:32 PM
Here's a couple photos taken at the new pay to play course at Colorado Heights University. $50 get you a year long pass, used to play the course as many time as you want during daylight hours. You get a parking pass, bag tag, mini and a map. It was designed by a few fellow disc golf friends. It has all the best of every metro area course. The second annual Rocky Mountian Womens Disc Golf Championship will be the first tourny played there this summer. It is worth the fee and I will be there a lot in the future!!

This pic is me teeing off on the longest hole I have ever played. 890something feet. (the long position is 1100 something feet, but wasn't in play) :eek: My arm sure felt it after this one!!!
http://i109.photobucket.com/albums/n76/therealdje/TheHeights001.jpg

Here is my roommate/friend/step-brother Jacob putting on hole 2. He made the first putt for his par, but I had him putt again for the pic......he made it again.:salute:
http://i109.photobucket.com/albums/n76/therealdje/TheHeights005.jpg

After this he went to work and I went on to play another 27 holes at Birds Nest is west Arvada. No better way to spend an early spring/late winter 70 degree day in Colorado!!!!

PEACE!!!

AlWilsonizKING
03-07-2012, 08:14 PM
Here's an awesome picture of pro Avery Jenkins putting during the 2003 Kiss The Sky Tourny in Aspen.

http://i109.photobucket.com/albums/n76/therealdje/AveryJenkinsKissTheSky.jpg

PEACE!!!

dogfish
03-08-2012, 12:03 AM
i played expo yesterday afternoon. . . perfect day-- it was windy and i had the entire course to myself. . . no rush, just chillin'. . . i played 27 holes and threw an extra drive on almost all of them just to get familiar with some different drivers (obviously, i played the first throws). . . fished out the disc that went in the pond. . . and i missed my first ace by a few inches. . . short uphill shot into the wind, from the edge of the pond, with the basket in/behind a few trees-- i threw a low line drive that caught an updraft and floated at the top of the hill, faded, and just missed bouncing into the back chains of the basket. . .

http://img839.imageshack.us/img839/6242/downsized0306021647.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/839/downsized0306021647.jpg/)

AlWilsonizKING
03-08-2012, 11:25 AM
Good to hear you're out playing Dog!! I work at Sprouts just down the street from Expo. They will have tags again this year on Tuesdays if you're not busy. I thought of playing after I got off around 4:30, but this huge cloud was rolling in and I thought, "naaaaaaaaaaa."

My first 2 Aces were at Expo. Both were during tags matches and I was in the Ace pool. First one was $160, the second was $130!!!

PEACE!!!

AlWilsonizKING
03-28-2012, 12:41 AM
Played tags last friday at Birds Nest Disc Golf Course in West Arvada. Only 4 people showed, but it is always nice to play with Mr. John Bird. He is one of the originators of the sport and the man behind a lot of the Mile High Disc Gold Community. He's the reason we call this course Birds Nest......he does all the work there. Got a nice pic of him putting on hole 15.

John Bird Putting....
http://i109.photobucket.com/albums/n76/therealdje/NEWPICS031.jpg

JTru Putting....
http://i109.photobucket.com/albums/n76/therealdje/NEWPICS030.jpg

Just a shot today at The Heights of the haze from the fire in Conifer. It's right up there near the Beaver Ranch Disc Golf Course....:(
http://i109.photobucket.com/albums/n76/therealdje/NEWPICS029.jpg

PEACE!!!

AlWilsonizKING
05-09-2012, 11:10 PM
Tomorrow morning on Fox 31 News Colorado, they are doing two live shots focusing on Disc Golf! Not sure of the details, but my buddy Matt James is being interviewed and a few of us will be in the background putting, driving and trying to put a good example of what disc golf is.....not just a loser, pothead activity but a legitimate sport. I hope to get some good facetime :) Live times are 7:45am and 8:45 am. If you're near a tv in the Colorado area, check it out. You may just like it and want to give it a try ;)

PEACE!!!

dogfish
05-09-2012, 11:13 PM
Tomorrow morning on Fox 31 News Colorado, they are doing two live shots focusing on Disc Golf! Not sure of the details, but my buddy Matt James is being interviewed and a few of us will be in the background putting, driving and trying to put a good example of what disc golf is.....not just a loser, pothead activity but a legitimate sport. I hope to get some good facetime :) Live times are 7:45am and 8:45 am. If you're near a tv in the Colorado area, check it out. You may just like it and want to give it a try ;)

PEACE!!!

come on, man!!

we WANT people to think it's a dirtbag, lowlife, loser activity that doesn't deserve to be called a sport. . . :lol:

what else is gonna keep the brotards off the courses?

:noidea:

AlWilsonizKING
05-09-2012, 11:29 PM
Yeah I feel ya. What's funny/ironic is that the course being used for the shoot is the worst for playing due to the Brotard factor lol. Hey and I'll be there sko it's not all legit ;) I don't have the disc nickname ColoradoNative420 for nothing :salute:

PEACE!!!

BroncoNut
05-10-2012, 08:45 AM
I have a dewrag that I use when I hit the course. I also wear a pair of daisy dukes and fat lady grocery store flip flops. It's fun

NightTerror218
05-10-2012, 02:01 PM
I love Disc golf but I suck.....+1 every hole is normal for me.

BroncoNut
05-10-2012, 02:34 PM
I love Disc golf but I suck.....+1 every hole is normal for me.

I don't think that is bad. I am the worse putter ever to grace the courses

NightTerror218
05-10-2012, 04:17 PM
I don't think that is bad. I am the worse putter ever to grace the courses

I am a horrible drive and make up for in the mid to short. My disc always zigs when it needs to zag.

BroncoNut
05-10-2012, 04:29 PM
I am a horrible drive and make up for in the mid to short. My disc always zigs when it needs to zag.

well, i've had that problem with driving too. I just started discing.

NightTerror218
05-10-2012, 04:32 PM
well, i've had that problem with driving too. I just started discing.

tomahawk!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AlWilsonizKING
08-20-2012, 07:30 PM
Played Expo today after work and beat my personal best. It's now -13 (-14 if you count throwing back to the practice basket. Felt good the entire round and had a good chance to crush my best. Stupid pars on 3 of the last 5 holes stopped that. Playing tags there tomorrow, so hopefully I can keep up the birdies!!

PEACE!!!

MileHighCrew
08-20-2012, 07:37 PM
if you haven't tried the rocketballz driver, do so. It is very impressive. I'm not a long hitter and it added 40 yards to my drive

MOtorboat
08-20-2012, 07:44 PM
if you haven't tried the rocketballz driver, do so. It is very impressive. I'm not a long hitter and it added 40 yards to my drive

I don't think that's going to help AlWilsonizKing much.

AlWilsonizKING
08-20-2012, 07:53 PM
I don't think that's going to help AlWilsonizKing much.

Lol, yeah I only play ball golf when I feel like drinking and having a good time.

PEACE!!!

dogfish
08-20-2012, 09:12 PM
Played Expo today after work and beat my personal best. It's now -13 (-14 if you count throwing back to the practice basket. Felt good the entire round and had a good chance to crush my best. Stupid pars on 3 of the last 5 holes stopped that. Playing tags there tomorrow, so hopefully I can keep up the birdies!!

PEACE!!!

i hate you. . .

:welcome: :lol:

got to see an ace thrown for the first time the other day. . . my buddy crushed one on 11 at expo. . .

AlWilsonizKING
08-20-2012, 10:39 PM
my buddy crushed one on 11 at expo. . .

Lol.....I feel the love Dog.

My first ever Ace was hole 7 at Expo. Followed during the same round by a thru the tree, chain crashing, spit out the backside on hole 11. Was THAT CLOSE to getting my first two Aces, during the same round. Good thing though was I got paid $140 for that Ace. Ace pools are nice!!!

PEACE!!!

dogfish
08-21-2012, 12:08 AM
Lol.....I feel the love Dog.

My first ever Ace was hole 7 at Expo. Followed during the same round by a thru the tree, chain crashing, spit out the backside on hole 11. Was THAT CLOSE to getting my first two Aces, during the same round. Good thing though was I got paid $140 for that Ace. Ace pools are nice!!!

PEACE!!!

hehe. . . you know it's all love, homes. . . don't mind a little jealousy. . . :laugh:

if i ever manage to throw one, i can easily see it being on seven or ten at expo. . . that would've been crazy if you'd thrown two that day. . . you still have the disc you hit the first one with? i woulda framed that bad boy. . . :D

AlWilsonizKING
08-21-2012, 05:51 PM
Oh yeah I keep all of my Ace discs......all 5 of them haha. Hopefully I can get one tonight. Bigace pool almost. 150 bucks.

PEACE!!!

dogfish
09-25-2012, 11:16 PM
finally managed to huck the last of my champion beasts into the pond, and had to re-order. . . my discs got shipped today, hopefully i'll have them for this weekend-- if i even have time to get out, which i won't unless my boss gives me saturday off. . .

AlWilsonizKING
12-22-2012, 06:13 PM
You put your name and number on your discs Dog? I know a few people who go "swamping" in expo and a couple are really good at calling people back to return discs......others do not. I used to go swamping, but just cant find the time any more.

Great news for me.....the weekend of my birthday (Jan 28) I will be in Hawaii visiting a friend who's working down there......and.......playing in the BIG ISLAND OPEN!!! I cannot wait for that. Never been to Hawaii and am looking forward to it!!

PEACE!!!

AlWilsonizKING
08-13-2013, 08:37 PM
So I played in my first out of state tourney last weekend in Wyoming. Placed 6th out of 30 in the Advanced division and could have done better had I known how discs fly differently there compared to here. Let a lot of missed birdie putts out there also. Felt good with a 6th place finish after how I feel I played.

Great news for me.....the weekend of my birthday (Jan 28) I will be in Hawaii visiting a friend who's working down there......and.......playing in the BIG ISLAND OPEN!!! I cannot wait for that. Never been to Hawaii and am looking forward to it!! btw...didn't get to go.....:(

Highlights were:

On Friday I got to play a bring your own partner doubles tourney on Little Americas Ball Golf course and had the use of the carts for the round. That was SWEET! First time I'd gotten to play Disc with a cart. We played the 3rd round of the tourney there, but didn't get the carts then.

Saturday, right before the 2nd round was about to begin, when everyone was getting their card assignments and walking to the tees......a huge lightning bolt hit about 50-60 feet from where I and about 15 others were in the parking lot. 100 feet from tourney central!! A split second before it hit, my head and arms were full of static electricity and when it hit it intensified greatly. I took my hat off to make sure it wasn't burnt! A fellow player from Colorado was knocked out by it. He was ok, even finished playing the entire weekend and won his division....beating several very good players!!

It was a great time with a great group of people. If no of you know, DISC GOLFERS are a great community....no snobbishness like in Ball Golf.

Got a FUNdraiser this weekend at a The Mansion Course (private course) here in Denver! Cannot wait as it is always a blast!!!

PEACE!!!

Hawgdriver
09-10-2020, 10:47 AM
I'm addicted to this now. Started maybe a month ago.

Slick, you chuck any plastic lately? Dog?

There's a new course near my house--it's by Highlands Ranch Parkway and Broadway.

I have a few neighborhood buddies that I go with. Both are better but not that much better.

I like to watch coverage of pro events, too. JoMez Pro and Disc Golf Channel (or something like that) on y/t have a lot of great content. I'm starting to get familiar with some names of the more well-known recent pros: McBeth, Socki-bomb, Eagle, KJ, the Napoleon Dynamite dude, and the dude with long hair in a pony tail (Conrad?).

I'm trying to get more distance on my drives. I hit 308 yesterday. That's the farthest I've thrown (flat no wind). I feel like if I throw it harder I need to really compress and load my shoulder/humerus joint and I'm worried about snapping a bicep after hearing a horror story about it. :lol: I'll keep y'all posted. U-Disc is an app that lets you measure throws (and shows courses and all kinds of great stuff).

Hawgdriver
09-10-2020, 10:50 AM
I ordered this disc for me, it comes in a day or so:

https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/2730/4324/products/flatironsdisc_2048x.png?v=1573872892

It's actually a Buzzz--a popular midrange disc (can't rememb who makes it, maybe Discraft, maybe Innova)

Hawgdriver
09-10-2020, 10:51 AM
And this one for my son, who is also digging some disc golf:

https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/2730/4324/products/phoenix_2048x.jpg?v=1573872900

BroncoWave
09-10-2020, 11:03 AM
Those are awesome discs, although they seem like they'd be a bit hard to find if they went into the trees/tall grass.

Slick
09-10-2020, 01:01 PM
The last time I played was with my brother in law when I was in Colorado. We played a small course off Federal.

I have a buddy here in Charlotte who I used to play regularly with. I should call him up.

I’ve still got a Cheetah, Shark, Stingray and a putter around here somewhere.

dogfish
09-10-2020, 01:04 PM
yea. . . those discs are cool AF, for sure-- especially the one for your kiddo. . . i wouldn't wanna be looking for them in the grass, though. . .

i haven't played in years. . .

Hawgdriver
09-10-2020, 02:12 PM
I have another disc with killer art (below) that I shanked into a wilderness creek ravine...I spent a long time finding Laser Cat and decided there are some shots where the sweet disc hangs back on the bench.

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/91pPs54mBgL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

It makes me smile knowing it's in my bag tho!

dogfish
09-10-2020, 07:03 PM
:lol::laugh:

Hawgdriver
09-14-2020, 01:44 AM
:lol::lol::lol::lol:

cOTK3fiMP0c

GEM
09-15-2020, 10:38 AM
My oldest took me disc golfing a couple times. Great way to spend a day even if I sucked! :lol:

BroncoWave
09-15-2020, 10:48 AM
I suck too but it's always a good time. The guy I play with usually is really good. He has like 20 discs in his bag and knows the exact way to use each one, and he usually drives it like twice as far and way more accurately than me. It really is fun to watch someone who's good at it.