PDA

View Full Version : Heads Up -- There will be a couple server reboots tonight

Tned
05-15-2010, 11:31 PM
I rebooted the server earlier and it took much longer than it should have to complete the reboot. So, in about 45-60 minutes, techs at the datacenter are going to reboot it while watching the console to see if it takes a long time again, and if there are any errors or other indication of why it took longer.

Also, at 3:00 am Central time, a tech from the linux management company I use will be doing essentially the same thing. If they don't find anything, then each time the site should only be down for five minutes or so. However, if the server fails to boot, goes into a disk check mode or any other problem occurs, then who knows.

I just wanted to give the late night folks a heads up that there could be some 'hopefully' brief outages tonight.

Tned
05-16-2010, 01:41 AM
Ok, the server adventures should be over. They have made some setting changes and it's back to the 2:30-3:00 minute reboot times.

Hopefully that's the end of that for a while.

Shazam!
05-16-2010, 01:46 AM
Yeah, I emailed JR and was like 'WTF is going on??'

Tned
05-16-2010, 01:48 AM
Yeah, I emailed JR and was like 'WTF is going on??'

That's why we have status.broncosforums.com (http://status.broncosforums.com) ;)

Shazam!
05-16-2010, 01:51 AM
I didnt know that existed. Ok.

Tned
05-16-2010, 01:53 AM
I didnt know that existed. Ok.

Most of the time when I post a upcoming maintenance/downtime update, I post a link that that, but I'm afraid that most people still don't know about it.