PDA

View Full Version : Uniform schedule-Throw backs!?!?

SOCALORADO.
05-12-2010, 01:42 PM
Does anyone know what DEN is wearing this year?
After last years vertical stripes and only wearing the all-blues once, i am wondering what and when DEN will wear the all-blues, the Orange 3rd jersey, and if DEN will sport a throw back maybe like this?
Does anyone know?
All the other teams seem to sport a throw back, and they seem to just pick a throw back that the fans like, so i am just wondering why DEN cant wear these 3 or 4 times a year?!!?!?
Could we get a vote over at the Official Site to maybe let the FO know?!?!?!
http://i.cdn.turner.com/si/multimedia/photo_gallery/1001/this.day.sports.history.jan11/images/john-elway.jpg

http://artfiles.art.com/5/p/LRG/8/832/DMEY000Z/john-elway--old-uniform.jpg

Whats the deal!??!

Italianmobstr7
05-12-2010, 02:02 PM
Denver will not wear throwbacks this season. They still may wear the alternate orange, but nothing is certain on those yet. There was an article about this a while back but I can't find it. I do know that we will NOT be wearing any kind of throwback this season though. Not the brown/yellow or old school orange this season (and probably won't wear the old school orange ever again unfortunately)

dogfish
05-12-2010, 02:04 PM
All the other teams seem to sport a throw back, and they seem to just pick a throw back that the fans like, so i am just wondering why DEN cant wear these 3 or 4 times a year?!!?!?

not a hundred percent positive, but i'm pretty sure you're only allowed to wear throwbacks/alternate jerseys twice per season. . .

i'm a huge fan of the orange jerseys. . . i'd love to see us wear the orange ones from the elway era, and in fact i'd be happy to see us switch the orange alternate to our standard home jersey. . . not going to happen, but i wish we'd at least bust them out more frequently-- real men wear orange!

it was good enough for john MF elway. . . .

broncophan
05-12-2010, 02:05 PM
Denver will not wear throwbacks this season. They still may wear the alternate orange, but nothing is certain on those yet. There was an article about this a while back but I can't find it. I do know that we will NOT be wearing any kind of throwback this season though. Not the brown/yellow or old school orange this season (and probably won't wear the old school orange ever again unfortunately)

That is ok if they don't wear them.....I will still continue to wear my throwback shirts and hats...:salute:
Makes me feel old to hear the orange uni's called throwbacks....

Italianmobstr7
05-12-2010, 02:09 PM
not a hundred percent positive, but i'm pretty sure you're only allowed to wear throwbacks/alternate jerseys twice per season. . .

i'm a huge fan of the orange jerseys. . . i'd love to see us wear the orange ones from the elway era, and in fact i'd be happy to see us switch the orange alternate to our standard home jersey. . . not going to happen, but i wish we'd at least bust them out more frequently-- real men wear orange!

it was good enough for john MF elway. . . .

That's correct. Throwbacks are allowed only twice per season. I'd also like to see us switch to the alternate orange as our permanent home jersey, but like you said, it's very doubtful. Would be cool though. Unfortunately I don't think they want to wear the old orange's anymore.
If I had to guess on what we'll wear this year, I'd say we'll wear our alternate orange jerseys twice (vs Jets, vs KC), our all blue's twice (Probably vs Oakland , vs SD) and then the rest will be blue/white or white/white. These are just guesses, but I do know for sure that we will not be wearing our throwback uni's this season.

GEM
05-12-2010, 02:26 PM
I wish they'd go back to the old school uni's once in awhile. Our old Orange Crush kicks Powder Blue. Everyone is always talking about Sparkler powder blue....let's give them something new to talk about.

KyleOrtonArmySoldier#128
05-12-2010, 03:31 PM
I wish they'd wear the old school away, but it's probably never going to happen.

SOCALORADO.
05-12-2010, 03:52 PM
I wish they'd wear the old school away, but it's probably never going to happen.

yeah, what is so wrong with just wearing these twice a year!??!?
JEEZ!

http://www.broncoscountry.com/resources/citizen_uploads/photos/23259/photo7192.jpg
http://www.sdhoc.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/05/terrell-davis.jpg

http://www.orangemane.com/wordpress/wp-content/themes/tma/images/latest/OrangeCrushFinal.jpg
Whoa! never seen this before!
http://collectible-supplies.com/images/products/detail/RepMiniAltBroncos.jpg

camdisco24
05-12-2010, 08:14 PM
I love love love love the old unis with the D.
Orange crush, so classic.

KyleOrtonArmySoldier#128
05-12-2010, 09:31 PM
yeah, what is so wrong with just wearing these twice a year!??!?
JEEZ!

http://www.broncoscountry.com/resources/citizen_uploads/photos/23259/photo7192.jpg
http://www.sdhoc.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/05/terrell-davis.jpg

http://www.orangemane.com/wordpress/wp-content/themes/tma/images/latest/OrangeCrushFinal.jpg
Whoa! never seen this before!
http://collectible-supplies.com/images/products/detail/RepMiniAltBroncos.jpg

Yeah, Like I said I wish they'd wear the old school away uni at least in preseason, but I doubt it will ever happen.

Overtime
05-12-2010, 11:25 PM

THANK GOD! those brown/yellow uni's were atrocious!

milehigh
05-12-2010, 11:46 PM

We did beat the Chargers and Patriots in them though so I will always have a soft spot for them.

KyleOrtonArmySoldier#128
05-12-2010, 11:51 PM
We did beat the Chargers and Patriots in them though so I will always have a soft spot for them.

Yeah, we were undefeated in the throwbacks.

Shazam!
05-13-2010, 01:05 AM
The :defense: will always be my favorite Broncos uniform and logo.

I associate their current 'new' uniforms with the Super Bowl days w/Elway and Co. That era is over.

I wish they'd bring back the old ones and just modernize them a tiny bit.

There was a pretty damn good thread about this, and someone posted some specs on their own modernized look of the classic Broncos uniforms and stuff like that. It was actually pretty cool.

Italianmobstr7
05-13-2010, 01:57 AM

I liked the Brown and Yellow, just wouldn't want to wear them every game. I love our current uniforms. They're current now and they were innovative when we first got them. Even Neil Smith LOVED the jerseys and it was one of the reasons he wanted to come to Denver. Our jerseys are still some of the best in the NFL. No need to change them, they're not even that old. The old orange jerseys are associated with losing and with heartbreak (I believe this is why we don't wear them any longer). The new jerseys are associated with winning and being champions. I think we'll have these jerseys for at least 10+ more years. They're still modern, still look awesome and are some of the best jerseys in all of sports. The alternate orange are my favorites, and I wouldn't mind those being our full time home jerseys, but it's not going to happen any time soon I don't think. I just hope (and think we will) continue to wear them twice a year like we have been.

SOCALORADO.
05-13-2010, 08:10 AM
I liked the Brown and Yellow, just wouldn't want to wear them every game. I love our current uniforms. They're current now and they were innovative when we first got them. Even Neil Smith LOVED the jerseys and it was one of the reasons he wanted to come to Denver. Our jerseys are still some of the best in the NFL. No need to change them, they're not even that old. The old orange jerseys are associated with losing and with heartbreak (I believe this is why we don't wear them any longer). The new jerseys are associated with winning and being champions. I think we'll have these jerseys for at least 10+ more years. They're still modern, still look awesome and are some of the best jerseys in all of sports. The alternate orange are my favorites, and I wouldn't mind those being our full time home jerseys, but it's not going to happen any time soon I don't think. I just hope (and think we will) continue to wear them twice a year like we have been.

I dont have a problem with the new uni's either.
But it seems that other teams wear a number of different uni's throughout the year, and DEN only wears their piss yellow/poop brown uni's, or the new uni's.
Thats it.
I dont understand why they cant just wear the :defense: uni's twice a year.
Looks cool. They could upgrade them a bit like ATL has done or NYG or NYJ or SD or MIN, and wear them occasionally.
I like the new orange jersey as well, and think it should just become the home jersey myself. And then maybe wear the all blues once a year at home.

Italianmobstr7
05-13-2010, 01:37 PM
I dont have a problem with the new uni's either.
But it seems that other teams wear a number of different uni's throughout the year, and DEN only wears their piss yellow/poop brown uni's, or the new uni's.
Thats it.
I dont understand why they cant just wear the :defense: uni's twice a year.
Looks cool. They could upgrade them a bit like ATL has done or NYG or NYJ or SD or MIN, and wear them occasionally.
I like the new orange jersey as well, and think it should just become the home jersey myself. And then maybe wear the all blues once a year at home.

Last year is the first time we wore the Brown and Yellow jerseys since the 60's... It's not like we wear them every year. Normally we only wear our new uni's. Most teams only wear their new jerseys. I don't see the Dolphins or Falcons going throwbacks ever year. Most teams don't. I think you're just thinking back to last year. Before that most teams don't wear the throwbacks often. Even the Chargers who wear the powder blue, wear the NEW alternate powder blue, not the old ones. Maybe I'm not seeing it, but could you specifically point out which teams have been wearing throwbacks every year (besides last, and besided Thanksgiving Day games) please?

The orange :defense: isn't coming back I don't think man, but it's okay to hope. I know it's not being used this season for sure, but I think there's a solid chance that we won't see them again at all except for in Madden. Sorry :(

SOCALORADO.
05-13-2010, 01:53 PM
Last year is the first time we wore the Brown and Yellow jerseys since the 60's... It's not like we wear them every year. Normally we only wear our new uni's. Most teams only wear their new jerseys. I don't see the Dolphins or Falcons going throwbacks ever year. Most teams don't. I think you're just thinking back to last year. Before that most teams don't wear the throwbacks often. Even the Chargers who wear the powder blue, wear the NEW alternate powder blue, not the old ones. Maybe I'm not seeing it, but could you specifically point out which teams have been wearing throwbacks every year (besides last, and besided Thanksgiving Day games) please?

The orange :defense: isn't coming back I don't think man, but it's okay to hope. I know it's not being used this season for sure, but I think there's a solid chance that we won't see them again at all except for in Madden. Sorry :(

Well that sucks.
:defense:

BigBroncLove
05-13-2010, 05:38 PM

I believe the Steelers have worn throwback jerseys for three years running now. Overall you're right though. It's not common place for teams to sport them on an annual basis.

Italianmobstr7
05-13-2010, 06:49 PM
Talked to Josina Anderson. Says we won't be wearing throwbacks and doesn't even think we'll rock the alternate orange this year (although I think we will at least once). She said she'll let me know as soon as she's 100% certain.

NittanyBuff24
05-13-2010, 07:25 PM
Miss the Orange, to me that is the Denver Broncos!

sneakers
05-16-2010, 06:18 AM
I wanna see the orange jerseys!