PDA

View Full Version : John Elway

Superchop 7
05-15-2008, 12:54 AM
OK, time for a feel good story.

Over here on the western slope there is a high school (Hotchkiss) with a bunch of "students" that are Bronco fans, they tend to follow their coach (Curtis something) who is a huge Bronco fan. I recently saw a track meet in Basalt and there were all these kids wearing Broncos hats, not backwards or sideways, just wearing them normally. (there were several schools at the meet, I did not see any other kids wearing Broncos stuff other than Hotchkiss students)

To make a long story short, the coach and a couple of his seniors are invited to a Crush game and get to go down on the field and meet some players, Aaron McConnell (Crush player) will be the liason.

These are the types of things that make me a fan, good job John.

Stargazer
05-15-2008, 01:00 AM
OK, time for a feel good story.

Over here on the western slope there is a high school (Hotchkiss) with a bunch of "students" that are Bronco fans, they tend to follow their coach (Curtis something) who is a huge Bronco fan. I recently saw a track meet in Basalt and there were all these kids wearing Broncos hats, not backwards or sideways, just wearing them normally. (there were several schools at the meet, I did not see any other kids wearing Broncos stuff other than Hotchkiss students)

To make a long story short, the coach and a couple of his seniors are invited to a Crush game and get to go down on the field and meet some players, Aaron McConnell (Crush player) will be the liason.

These are the types of things that make me a fan, good job John.

What does how you wear a hat have to do with anything? Anyway to spark interest in Arenal Football is a good thing. Though I think it sucks hardcore.

But, good for the Crush offering.

Superchop 7
05-15-2008, 05:47 AM
What does how you wear a hat have to do with anything? Anyway to spark interest in Arenal Football is a good thing. Though I think it sucks hardcore.

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ___

Yes, how you wear a hat is a statement.

How you wear your pants is a statement.

How you speak to others is a statement.

Character is a statement.

Don't kid yourself, it's important.

jrelway
05-15-2008, 10:00 AM
im still waiting on the elway part. i dont get it.

BroncoJoe
05-15-2008, 10:05 AM
Elway owns the Crush.

Nickademus
05-15-2008, 10:46 AM
Now I have herd of John doing stuff like this and it is always cool but I have had a bad experience with the guy personally. As a Broncos fan growing up in Longmont I idolized Elway like everyother kid in my nieghborhood. So about four years ago I was up in central city at the lodge playing poker, I got moved to another table and lo and behold there is Elway sitting two chairs to the dealers left. so after about two hours of the entire table dumping to him I start to notice that he hasnt tiped the dealer once, and at first I was suprised but then it pissed me off so every hand I won I was tipping a little to much attempting to make a point. Well not to drone on but he got it and after a big loosing hand he gets mand and leaves the table all bent out of shape. Come to find out that he had been there numerous times and he had a reputation with the dealers of not tipping for crap, and being a jerk. So when I hear stories like this one it makes me feel better and think that my childhood Idol isnt a bad guy afterall.

O-ManePunisher
05-15-2008, 11:38 AM
Cool Story

Nature Boy
05-15-2008, 06:11 PM

That is funny. I understand it from both sides but I don't understand why hats sideways and backwards should be pointed out. I guess Hip Hop in white America is bad huh? Well, it's a little too late for that.

Superchop 7
05-18-2008, 02:27 AM
You are nuts,

The House pays Elway to be there.

He isn't supposed to tip,

He is hired help.

The only reason he tipped was because he knew "you" had a problem.

Imagine being him.

I know a gal,

Waited on John,

2 drinks, $100.00 tip.

Dude, know what your talking about.

This man "is" Colorado for A reason.