PDA

View Full Version : The Official Hornets Thread

05-14-2008, 05:50 PM
What? No love for the Hornets?

They have had a fantastic year and have 'arrived'.

A young team that is fun to watch and has repeatedly answered the bell. On the verge of KOing the champs...

They deserve their own thread. Show your Hornet love! :elefant:

Who Dat!

Escobar
05-14-2008, 06:49 PM
Im hoping they or the jazz take it all the way for the west this year......anyone cept the celtics......SCREW ESPN

Jerry sloan needs to get his

Denver Native (Carol)
05-14-2008, 08:34 PM
I would have no problem if the Hornets won it all :salute:

Nomad
05-14-2008, 08:57 PM
I would have no problem if the Hornets won it all :salute:

I would like to see Jerry Sloan get a ring but I agree it would be a nice change to see NO get it other than Detriot, SA, or LA and I"m not a fan of James.

dogfish
05-14-2008, 09:55 PM
i'm a nuggets fan ( :frusty: ), but i've been rooting for the hornets to come out of the west since denver was eliminated. . . it's hard not to like chris paul, and it's easy to root for the city of new orleans. . .

05-15-2008, 01:37 AM
Win one game in SA tomorrow night. That is all they need to do.

A HUGE task. Reminds me of the old 'king of the herd' facing off one more time against the young upstart.

I think this is the end for SA. This season and beyond.

Course....I thought that for the last couple years :D

Nomad
05-15-2008, 06:18 AM
Hornets won't win in SA

Nomad
05-16-2008, 07:17 AM
Hopefully your Hornets win in NO. I'd rather watch the guy painting on PBS than a Spurs/Pistons Final! That's the Final if Spurs win in NO!

Northman
05-16-2008, 07:19 AM
Im torn, next to Virginia im a big Wake Forest fan so Rooting for Paul vs Duncan is tough. But it wouldnt hurt my feelings if the Hornets moved on.

NightTrainLayne
05-16-2008, 09:06 AM
Hopefully the Hornets pull off the game 7 win on Monday.

Being in Oklahoma City I couldn't help but to become a fan of the Hornets for the two years that they were here. Chris Paul is amazing, and David West really is probably the most underrated player in the league.

Hopefully, the rest will let West get healthy, and the Hornets can take game 7 on the home-court.

honz
05-16-2008, 12:10 PM
Why is Game 7 on Monday? That's ridiculous.

NightTrainLayne
05-16-2008, 12:19 PM

I agree. If West wasn't banged up, I'd be complaining that it gives the older Spurs an advantage to recoup.

Nomad
05-16-2008, 12:21 PM

I've ranted before about the prolonged playoffs of the NBA!:tsk:

05-19-2008, 12:14 PM
A champion dies tonight...... :)

I hope.

NightTrainLayne
05-19-2008, 12:20 PM
A champion dies tonight...... :)

I hope.

Me too! I was going to hunt up this thread but hadn't gotten to it yet.

Should be a GREAT game. :beer:

honz
05-19-2008, 12:29 PM
I'm excited for this game...maybe we will actually see a single digit victory by a team in this series.:rolleyes:

I hope tonight is a great game, but this has to be one of the most boring 7 game series ever. Every game has been a blowout.

NightTrainLayne
05-19-2008, 12:29 PM
I'm excited for this game...maybe we will actually see a single digit victory by a team in this series.:rolleyes:

I hope tonight is a great game, but this has to be one of the most boring 7 game series ever. Every game has been a blowout.

I'll take a blow-out by the Hornets tonight. :D

Nomad
05-19-2008, 12:33 PM
To see Tim Duncan and co. moping on the bench losing by 20 in the 4th would be priceless.

MOtorboat
05-19-2008, 12:36 PM
To see Tim Duncan and co. moping on the bench losing by 20 in the 4th would be priceless.

Fat chance of that happening...watch all the "offensive fouls" NO commits tonight...

SA will be up by 20...easily...

NightTrainLayne
05-19-2008, 12:38 PM
Fat chance of that happening...watch all the "offensive fouls" NO commits tonight...

SA will be up by 20...easily...

You are wrong there. I predict a pretty close game. No way SA wins in a blow-out.

We could make some kind of bet if your willing. ..

MOtorboat
05-19-2008, 12:40 PM
You are wrong there. I predict a pretty close game. No way SA wins in a blow-out.

We could make some kind of bet if your willing. ..

I have no dog in the fight...I'm actually on your side, and hoping beyond hope that NO can find a way to win...

I've watched way too many SA games in the last nine years to have much hope though.

Nomad
05-19-2008, 12:40 PM
You think Stern would rather see SA over NO play the Lakers. Stern wants a Lakers/Celtics final, no way he jeopardizes that by letting his refs make calls on NO tonight!

NightTrainLayne
05-19-2008, 12:42 PM
I have no dog in the fight...I'm actually on your side, and hoping beyond hope that NO can find a way to win...

I've watched way too many SA games in the last nine years to have much hope though.

With a healthy (and motivated) David West on the floor the Hornets can handle them. It will be tough, but they can do it.

honz
05-19-2008, 12:50 PM
Even if the NBA is rigged, which it's not, I'm pretty sure Stern would rather see the Hornets advance. The resurgence of the City of NO is a great story, they have a young and exciting new superstar, and everyone hates the Spurs and thinks they are boring.

Nomad
05-19-2008, 12:56 PM
Even if the NBA is rigged, which it's not, I'm pretty sure Stern would rather see the Hornets advance. The resurgence of the City of NO is a great story, they have a young and exciting new superstar, and everyone hates the Spurs and thinks they are boring.

I was only kidding!;)

honz
05-19-2008, 01:20 PM
I was only kidding!;)
I was talking more to MB...but even if both of you were kidding, the conspiracy theorists do exist! They're coming for you!:eek:

;)

MOtorboat
05-19-2008, 01:21 PM
I was talking more to MB...but even if both of you were kidding, the conspiracy theorists do exist! They're coming for you!:eek:

;)

It's no conspiracy. They admit to giving stars preferential treatment.

honz
05-19-2008, 01:24 PM
It's no conspiracy. They admit to giving stars preferential treatment.
Well, yeah...I hate how the stars get all those phantom/bail out calls (read: I'm still bitter about all the calls Kobe got against the Jazz;)), but I am talking about the real conspiracy theorist that believe the NBA is rigged and games are predetermined by the refs.

MOtorboat
05-19-2008, 01:46 PM
Well, yeah...I hate how the stars get all those phantom/bail out calls (read: I'm still bitter about all the calls Kobe got against the Jazz;)), but I am talking about the real conspiracy theorist that believe the NBA is rigged and games are predetermined by the refs.

Oh, no...it's not rigged...but its fishy...:D