PDA

View Full Version : A Few Good Questions With....DT Carlton Powell

TheSportsGuru
05-14-2008, 06:40 AM
Carlton Powell was nice enough to take some time to answer some questions from those of us at MileHighReport.com. Here is a link --

http://www.milehighreport.com/2008/5/14/509219/a-few-good-questions-with

Tned
05-14-2008, 06:48 AM
Carlton Powell was nice enough to take some time to answer some questions from those of us at MileHighReport.com. Here is a link --

http://www.milehighreport.com/2008/5/14/509219/a-few-good-questions-with

Nicely done. Thanks for sharing.

Ziggy
05-14-2008, 08:18 AM
Here's the interview. Well done Sportsguru.

EDIT: Content removed by Tned at the request of the author of the original article -- article can be viewed at link above

Arkansas Bronco
05-14-2008, 09:46 AM
I think the 2 new additions at DT will help out our DE's and LB's allot. Whoever does get a chance to get to training camp I hope you let us know how they look.

TheSportsGuru
05-14-2008, 10:14 AM
I will be covering TC, so I will be sure to report!

Brand
05-14-2008, 03:00 PM
Thanks for the interview. He sounds like a fairly capable guy, and certainly erudite and conversant.... You know?

At the risk of just being repetitively repetitive, (which is alright when discussing the Broncos) I think this draft was for a number of high character guys who want to play football. I am reminded of the way NE drafts and it has more to do with the desire to play and the fit within the roles assigned. Makes for an interesting team, I think......

Looking forwatd to your TC reports. You gonna start with the QB camp next week? I believe it is the 19th.....

Superchop 7
05-14-2008, 04:44 PM
He was off my radar because he was too one dimensional.

Thus, his value dropped.

Which makes this pick that much smarter.

I was thinking like everyone else was thinking.

If all he can do is stop the run........

But wait a minute.....

On this team.

Thats exactly what we need.

On top of that.

Great character.

Good heart.

Talk about production !!!!!!!!

Neg yards for an entire career ?????

You gotta be kidding me.

This is like Alridge's 10 yard per carry season.

Your thinking, thats got to be a misprint.

But it isn't.

TXBRONC
05-14-2008, 05:27 PM
Thanks for sharing the interview with us TSG.

SmilinAssasSin27
05-14-2008, 09:57 PM
This guy intrigues me. His run stuffing stats alone are startling. I know it's a team sport, but he had to play a MAJOR role in the stat line.

I have no issue w/ bringing in a guy like this who we have no problem rotating out on passing downs. To me, that was the problem w/ Ian Gold. He wasn't a pass coverage stud, but just good enough to get the nod over DJ and keep his playmaking ability off the field on passing downs. If ya can't get an all around stud, I don't want a DT who is decent at run and pass D. I want a monster run stuffer who can rotate out for a monster pass rusher. Keeps folks fresher and improves the position as a whole.

WARHORSE
05-15-2008, 12:02 AM
If he demands double teams on run downs, he will be more than helpful...........

Im looking forward to him being a real steal.

Brand
05-15-2008, 12:12 AM
This guy intrigues me. His run stuffing stats alone are startling. I know it's a team sport, but he had to play a MAJOR role in the stat line.

I have no issue w/ bringing in a guy like this who we have no problem rotating out on passing downs. To me, that was the problem w/ Ian Gold. He wasn't a pass coverage stud, but just good enough to get the nod over DJ and keep his playmaking ability off the field on passing downs. If ya can't get an all around stud, I don't want a DT who is decent at run and pass D. I want a monster run stuffer who can rotate out for a monster pass rusher. Keeps folks fresher and improves the position as a whole.

Seems to me that Dline rotation is the reason why teams do the no-huddle O. So, the Dline has to be versitile when called upon. A tired D is easier to score upon. A fresh dline makes passing and running more difficult.

You think that's why the no huddle works for some teams?

Stargazer
05-15-2008, 12:18 AM
GL to him. There will be flops in this draft. We'll see who and how many there will be.

Lonestar
05-17-2008, 03:02 AM
Who is to say he can't become a decent to really good pass defender, with the correct coaching he my turn out to be a gem in the rough.

Arkansas Bronco
05-17-2008, 03:13 AM
Who is to say he can't become a decent to really good pass defender, with the correct coaching he my turn out to be a gem in the rough.

With Elvis there I dont care just take the double team and let him work the Magic.

TXBRONC
05-17-2008, 05:58 PM

What's to say he wont become a decent pass rusher? Nothing at all. However, I would settle for guy who is top notch run stuffer.