PDA

View Full Version : Tim Tebow = Brett Favre Jr.

honz
05-09-2010, 10:09 PM
Seriously. Think about it.

Ravage!!!
05-09-2010, 10:11 PM
Seriously.. no.

honz
05-09-2010, 10:12 PM
As far as the media whoring is concerned...I should have clarified for the trollish posters.

Ravage!!!
05-09-2010, 10:14 PM
As far as the media whoring is concerned...I should have clarified for the trollish posters.

Or for those that read your OP, and thought..." seriously... no"

KyleOrtonArmySoldier#128
05-09-2010, 10:16 PM
Or for those that read your OP, and thought..." seriously... no"

/http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_YSj9VerPFmY/Siber1_jyXI/AAAAAAAABvk/fFK7h7BGdoI/s400/LinenThreadLg.jpg

girler
05-09-2010, 10:18 PM
Honz, you're a cool dude. But...

WHAT THE HELL???

honz
05-09-2010, 10:20 PM
I can see it 15 years from now...Tim Tebow holding Josh McDaniels on a string as he decides whether or not he is going to retire with a slightly less hot Rachel Nichols reporting live from Jacksonville, Florida.

honz
05-09-2010, 10:22 PM
Seriously though, the Tebow media hype is just as ridiculous as the Favre media hype. No?

KyleOrtonArmySoldier#128
05-09-2010, 10:24 PM
http://s150.photobucket.com/albums/s103/yourspacecooment/meredo/guys/3bdd47c532879f35d2004a123e409143.jpg

:lol:

nevcraw
05-09-2010, 10:34 PM
Maybe>>
but I will take my chances on lilly white baby jesus..

BroncoWave
05-09-2010, 10:38 PM
http://foo.is/~baldur/Yall_niggas_postin_in_a_troll_thread.png

KyleOrtonArmySoldier#128
05-09-2010, 10:40 PM
http://foo.is/~baldur/Yall_niggas_postin_in_a_troll_thread.png

That's my favorite internet picture of all time, I use it often and well.
:salute:

Italianmobstr7
05-09-2010, 10:45 PM
I hate Brett Favre. I hope Tebow is nothing like him. I hope he makes smarter decisions, and wins more super bowls than Favre. I do think both are covered by the media about the same, but that's not what I got after reading just the OP in this thread..

honz
05-09-2010, 10:51 PM
I hate Brett Favre. I hope Tebow is nothing like him. I hope he makes smarter decisions, and wins more super bowls than Favre. I do think both are covered by the media about the same, but that's not what I got after reading just the OP in this thread..

That's why I clarified. I can also see Tim Tebow being addicted to Vicodin in the future.

GEM
05-09-2010, 11:38 PM
I guess I am the minority that really likes Favre. If Tebow is anything like Favre, I'll be super happy.

sneakers
05-09-2010, 11:43 PM
Hopefully minus the interceptions and drug abuse.

dogfish
05-10-2010, 12:10 AM
honz = big dumbass

:heh:

Northman
05-10-2010, 01:34 AM
You mean Tebow will be a interception machine? Pass

Northman
05-10-2010, 01:36 AM
I guess I am the minority that really likes Favre. If Tebow is anything like Favre, I'll be super happy.

I use too have a lot of respect for him. The last few years he has made a mockery of himself and thus, no longer.

SonoftheSouth
05-10-2010, 01:46 AM

And some dudes complained about my Confederate Flag Southern Pride avatar....'til I had to remove it!!?? Gimme Shelter!!

Italianmobstr7
05-10-2010, 02:52 AM
And some dudes complained about my Confederate Flag Southern Pride avatar....'til I had to remove it!!?? Gimme Shelter!!

**** "southern pride" aka racism and the confederate flag. The south isn't rising again. They lost, get over it.

sneakers
05-10-2010, 03:42 AM

If you want the Confederate flag to be a symbol of southern pride, take it away from all the hate groups that are using it as their symbol of hate.

gator_fan
05-10-2010, 06:01 AM
Seriously though, the Tebow media hype is just as ridiculous as the Favre media hype. No?

Heck, it may even be worse! However, it's the media driving it to ridiculous levels, not Tebow himself. You also have to bear in mind, that there are solid reasons why, and Broncos fans should be very optimistic about his role on this team. Like him or dislike him, he brings more than just attention. He may not be the next great quarterback, that remains to be seen, but it's impossible that he fails to bring positive contributions to this team.

TiminatorTebow
05-10-2010, 06:11 AM
I used to respect Favre until his drug addict wife took over MNF with her stupid little poem. Maybe if Champ and Bly could've have covered somebody that night I wouldn't have so much hate for the drug addicts.

TiminatorTebow
05-10-2010, 06:13 AM
If you want the Confederate flag to be a symbol of southern pride, take it away from all the hate groups that are using it as their symbol of hate.

Well if thats the case you better take every flag from everybody. All flags have been used to hate. The South has a right to honor those who fought for what they believed in just like the North does.

GGMoogly
05-10-2010, 07:08 AM
Tim Tebow is the new Joe Dudek - with talent! :lol:
:beer:

BroncoWave
05-10-2010, 07:19 AM
**** "southern pride" aka racism and the confederate flag. The south isn't rising again. They lost, get over it.

It's sad that you're that misinformed to think people who have "southern pride" and display the confederate flag are racist and think the south will rise again. That is such a fabrication from northerners it's not even funny. The percentage of people who display the rebel flag who are actually racist or who actually think the south will rise again is probably less than 1%, I guarantee it.

broncofaninfla
05-10-2010, 08:28 AM

I like me some Farve too. The guy was still one of the best at his position last season and was the key reason the Vikings made if to the NFC championship. Granted he threw a bonehead pick but take away Farve and the don't even make that game.

If Tebow gets mentioned along the same lines as Farve ten years from now I'll be totally cool with it. As for now it's way to earlier to compare them other than the media coverage.....

CrazyHorse
05-10-2010, 08:43 AM
Looks like we have a starting QB for the next 20 years.

sneakers
05-10-2010, 09:03 AM
Well if thats the case you better take every flag from everybody. All flags have been used to hate. The South has a right to honor those who fought for what they believed in just like the North does.

It isn't the flag, it is the what the flag represents, and until you take that sybol back from hate groups, it will be seen as hate symbol....if you wanted to honor the dead and/or those who fought in the south you would not allow racist morons use the flag they fought for as a symbol of hate

On a totally different note....welcome to Broncosforums :)

BroncoWave
05-10-2010, 09:04 AM

So you are saying you wouldn't be pleased if Tebow won 3 MVPs, led us to 2 Super Bowls and won one of them? I call BS.

T.K.O.
05-10-2010, 09:54 AM

could you please install that pic here......http://www.broncosforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=141677
tia;)

Thnikkaman
05-10-2010, 10:01 AM

I know that people see the confederate flag and think racism and slavery, but it also stands for the fact that those southern states were fighting for the right to maintain each state's separate sets of laws that those citizens voted to live by.

A cause that I would stand behind if it didn't mean that they wanted to enslave my "brothers".

turftoad
05-10-2010, 10:08 AM
Lets keep this thread on topic folks. This isn't the political forum. Thx.

HORSEPOWER 56
05-10-2010, 10:13 AM
I've hated Favre ever since he talked shit and made fun of Elway before Superbowl XXXII. The fact that it was his ass we beat in that game made it that much sweeter to me...

BroncoWave
05-10-2010, 10:55 AM
I've hated Favre ever since he talked shit and made fun of Elway before Superbowl XXXII. The fact that it was his ass we beat in that game made it that much sweeter to me...

:confused: I don't remember this, what did he say?

HORSEPOWER 56
05-10-2010, 11:07 AM
:confused: I don't remember this, what did he say?

It was during the pre-game show where everyone is usually saying nice things about their opponent. Elway had just given Brett a glowing endorsement about his abilities in his interview. Brett just made fun of John in his. He poked at him for not winning a Superbowl in three previous tries. He made fun of his big teeth. He made fun of the way he walked. Stuff like that. I know most of it was probably all in fun, but the way he came off sounded like an arrogant little punk who had no respect for anything Elway had accomplished. It just pissed me off.

**** Brett Favre. Rarely would I do this, but every year I wish for a career ending injury for him. I'm tired of hearing his name, and his mouth.

Northman
05-10-2010, 11:15 AM

Yea, i was always bothered by his comments when he said we were cheating because we "knew" the plays they were running. The fact that our gameplan was better than theirs doesnt constitute cheating. Those idiots were whining the entire day and calling us "the colts" etc. Do i really want my future QB to emmulate someone like that? Really? Hell no. Tim, just watch John Elway and try and emmulate that. MUCH better example.

BroncoWave
05-10-2010, 11:26 AM
Yea, i was always bothered by his comments when he said we were cheating because we "knew" the plays they were running. The fact that our gameplan was better than theirs doesnt constitute cheating. Those idiots were whining the entire day and calling us "the colts" etc. Do i really want my future QB to emmulate someone like that? Really? Hell no. Tim, just watch John Elway and try and emmulate that. MUCH better example.

I don't think anyone here is insinuating that they think Tebow will or want Tebow to emulate Favre personality-wise. The comparison being made here is in the media attention they get. But if Tebow accomplishes on the field what Favre has accomplished, I don't think anyone here will complain.

Northman
05-10-2010, 11:37 AM
I don't think anyone here is insinuating that they think Tebow will or want Tebow to emulate Favre personality-wise. The comparison being made here is in the media attention they get. But if Tebow accomplishes on the field what Favre has accomplished, I don't think anyone here will complain.

Or, if Tebow accomplishes what John did without all the other crap would be much better no? You really cant have one without the other when it comes to Brett Favre. Some of that personality by Favre seeped onto the field while in play which is bad sportsmanship. When people say they want him to achieve what Favre has i think i could come up with much better examples personally.

Lonestar
05-10-2010, 11:37 AM
I suspect that Tim Terrific will be the same MAN he was in gatorville an out standing person, I can only hope he accomplishes what farve and John have done on the filed.

If that happens then we have another instant HOF QB as he will have fans from the East coast .

But then of course all of those same writers that hate our pick will be BITTER old armholes that will try not to vote him in.

But then is a long time from now, lets worry about this up coming season.

BroncoWave
05-10-2010, 11:45 AM
Or, if Tebow accomplishes what John did without all the other crap would be much better no? You really cant have one without the other when it comes to Brett Favre. Some of that personality by Favre seeped onto the field while in play which is bad sportsmanship. When people say they want him to achieve what Favre has i think i could come up with much better examples personally.

I don't know about you but if Tebow wins 3 MVP awards and a Super Bowl, I will be satisfied with his career. If you are going to hold QB's to John Elway's standard, you will probably go to the grave waiting for a QB to do that.

Northman
05-10-2010, 11:48 AM
I don't know about you but if Tebow wins 3 MVP awards and a Super Bowl, I will be satisfied with his career. If you are going to hold QB's to John Elway's standard, you will probably go to the grave waiting for a QB to do that.

I just like my QB's to have a little class which is something that McD thrives for. When you try to use Favre as the comparison you just cant throw out the other crap that comes with it. So in reality, if Tebow can appear in 5 SB's and win 2 of them without being a douchebag i will say that trumps what Favre has done in my opinion.

BroncoWave
05-10-2010, 11:50 AM
I just like my QB's to have a little class which is something that McD thrives for. When you try to use Favre as the comparison you just cant throw out the other crap that comes with it. So in reality, if Tebow can appear in 5 SB's and win 2 of them without being a douchebag i will say that trumps what Favre has done in my opinion.

I can. :whoknows:

Northman
05-10-2010, 11:54 AM
I can. :whoknows:

So you like douchebag players. Ok. Understandable. Hopefully Tebow wont be THAT guy. :coffee:

BroncoWave
05-10-2010, 12:13 PM
So you like douchebag players. Ok. Understandable. Hopefully Tebow wont be THAT guy. :coffee:

How in the world did you derive that from anything I have said? :confused:

I said I would be happy if Tebow the PLAYER had the same accomplishments in his career as Brett Favre the PLAYER. I can separate what guys do off the field from what they do on the field.

It IS possible for him to replicate Favre's success on the field but to be a different person off the field. That's all I'm trying to say. I guess somehow that means I like douchebag players? :confused:

T.K.O.
05-10-2010, 01:32 PM
i dont know if the fans would "put up with tebow" if he replicated elways career....seriously.
in todays nfl they would be calling for his head after 2 superbowl losses let alone 3.
dont get me wrong john is a legend,but in todays win now climate qb's might not get a chance with one team that long:shocked:

KyleOrtonArmySoldier#128
05-10-2010, 01:35 PM
i dont know if the fans would "put up with tebow" if he replicated elways career....seriously.
in todays nfl they would be calling for his head after 2 superbowl losses let alone 3.
dont get me wrong john is a legend,but in todays win now climate qb's might not get a chance with one team that long:shocked:

Yeah but nowadays teams surround Superstar qb's with talent.

T.K.O.
05-10-2010, 01:38 PM
Yeah but nowadays teams surround Superstar qb's with talent.

but mcD hates talent....hav'nt you heard:confused::laugh:
yeah thats always been the sad thing about elway.....if he had just a little more of that surrounding talent he'd of had 4-5 rings:beer:

Northman
05-10-2010, 02:16 PM

Dont know about that. Denver hasnt been back since John was here. I think most Denver fans would just like an appearance to at least show some progress at this point. I can live with a SB loss, but not even making the game after so many years is more disappointing.

T.K.O.
05-10-2010, 02:41 PM
Dont know about that. Denver hasnt been back since John was here. I think most Denver fans would just like an appearance to at least show some progress at this point. I can live with a SB loss, but not even making the game after so many years is more disappointing.

i agree thats why i said 2 losses or 3...then even the ones who are happy to get there would start saying..."tebow can't win the big one" and all that stuff.
but yeah getting there is half the fun !

haroldthebarrel
05-10-2010, 03:27 PM
Where the heck does Tebow draw comparisons to Favre???

I can see Steve Young and not just because he is left handed. But since he is mobile and had, at least in college, great accuracy. He doesnt have the mechanics, though you might say that Young had a long time to develop that too.

But Favre? Cutler reminded me of Favre. Then again, when Favre came out of college the comparison to many was Jeff George.

WARHORSE
05-10-2010, 03:46 PM
ZZZZzzzzzzzz..............

arapaho2
05-10-2010, 05:25 PM
Seriously. Think about it.

could very well be the great white JaMarcus Russell too :listen:

think about it

arapaho2
05-10-2010, 05:27 PM

people called for elways head after his three losses...differance then was the same owner recognized the skill set in elway and hired a coach to build around that skill set..not dismantle the team

honz
05-10-2010, 06:02 PM
Lets keep this thread on topic folks. This isn't the political forum. Thx.

Thank you. I don't appreciate my thread being hijacked.

weazel
05-10-2010, 06:46 PM
Tim Tebow != Brett Favre Jr.

Ravage!!!
05-10-2010, 08:14 PM

I get tired of the media hogging in teh offseason and finding reasons to miss camps..... BUT.... if TT has any kind of career like Brett Favre, then we'll be MORE than ok. I would think we should PRAY for Tebow to have half the career Favre has had.

Ravage!!!
05-10-2010, 08:19 PM

I'll disagree with that. I think fans still know how hard it is to get TO the Super Bowl. If your QB goes to 3 Super Bowls.. and even has a 12 year career in the NFL.. that's one SB every 4 years. Hard to be calling for the decapitation of a QB with that kind of success. McNabb went to 2 NFC Championships before making it TO the Super Bowl.

I get what you are saying... I just think its an exaggeration.

Ravage!!!
05-10-2010, 08:31 PM

It really hasn't been that long. Not in NFL standards. The Cowboys went to 3 out of four, how long has it been for that proud franchise to go back? The Bills, went to FOUR in a row.. in a row...and haven't been back since. How long between SB appearances for the Eagles? How long before Manning was it that the Colts went to the Super Bowl? Look how long it took for the Steelers between Super Bowls.. not to mention wins. The Jets winning the Super Bowl made the AFC legit... have they been back since? Dolphins haven't been there since '84. The Redskins in the 80's won multiple Super Bowls and haven't been back since. Look at San Fran. They haven't been back since Steve Young took them. Minnesota, KC, Cincinatti, Green Bay, are proud franchises with long histories.... yet how long has it been for each of these teams?

I guess what I'm saying is...10 years just isn't that long.

Northman
05-10-2010, 10:06 PM
It really hasn't been that long. Not in NFL standards. The Cowboys went to 3 out of four, how long has it been for that proud franchise to go back? The Bills, went to FOUR in a row.. in a row...and haven't been back since. How long between SB appearances for the Eagles? How long before Manning was it that the Colts went to the Super Bowl? Look how long it took for the Steelers between Super Bowls.. not to mention wins. The Jets winning the Super Bowl made the AFC legit... have they been back since? Dolphins haven't been there since '84. The Redskins in the 80's won multiple Super Bowls and haven't been back since. Look at San Fran. They haven't been back since Steve Young took them. Minnesota, KC, Cincinatti, Green Bay, are proud franchises with long histories.... yet how long has it been for each of these teams?

I guess what I'm saying is...10 years just isn't that long.

Well, when you get used to being in at least 1 SB per decade (im a fan since 82') then yea, its a long time. :lol: