PDA

View Full Version : The schedule looks tough

TiminatorTebow
05-09-2010, 01:08 PM
We seem to play a bunch of teams that usaully beat us in the beginning of the year like Jax, Indy, and Baltimore. This is why I think we should throw Tebow to the wolves with a heavy dose of power run and playaction. With or without Orton we probably lose 2 out of 3 to those teams anyway.

KyleOrtonArmySoldier#128
05-09-2010, 01:10 PM
It sucks having to play Baltimore again, even with the broncos being one of the winningest organizations in pro football history, the Ravens always pwn us.

TiminatorTebow
05-09-2010, 01:16 PM
It sucks having to play Baltimore again, even with the broncos being one of the winningest organizations in pro football history, the Ravens always pwn us.

I'm hoping this is the year we can finally fight man to man with these teams instead of trying to trick them. I hope the new BEEF on both sides of the line will be the difference.

KyleOrtonArmySoldier#128
05-09-2010, 01:17 PM
I'm hoping this is the year we can finally fight man to man with these teams instead of trying to trick them. I hope the new BEEF on both sides of the line will be the difference.

We may not win but we won't be annihilated physically for sure, we're getting bigger and stronger every year under mcd.

TiminatorTebow
05-09-2010, 01:21 PM
We may not win but we won't be annihilated physically for sure, we're getting bigger and stronger every year under mcd.

Yes we are. I miss the ol Plummer bootleg against the chefs but it is time to get big and strong and dominate others.

silkamilkamonico
05-09-2010, 01:27 PM
We seem to play a bunch of teams that usaully beat us in the beginning of the year like Jax, Indy, and Baltimore. This is why I think we should throw Tebow to the wolves with a heavy dose of power run and playaction. With or without Orton we probably lose 2 out of 3 to those teams anyway.

No. Please don't give up on the team to get Tebow some playing time. There's 55 guys on the roster, not 1.

TiminatorTebow
05-09-2010, 01:30 PM
No. Please don't give up on the team to get Tebow some playing time. There's 55 guys on the roster, not 1.

By the time camp comes around and Tebow can go through preseason, he might give us the best chance to win anyway. If we can't stop the run and run it ourselves it won't matter who plays under center.

silkamilkamonico
05-09-2010, 01:31 PM
By the time camp comes around and Tebow can go through preseason, he might give us the best chance to win anyway. If we can't stop the run and run it ourselves it won't matter who plays under center.

LOL

No. This ain't college. Drew Brees didn't even start right out of the gate.

TiminatorTebow
05-09-2010, 01:37 PM
LOL

No. This ain't college. Drew Brees didn't even start right out of the gate.

Drew Brees was not a first round pick or a 2 time NC. Back to the topic, Tebow will outsmart, out work, and out tough the other 3 Qb's to win the job.

TiminatorTebow
05-09-2010, 01:38 PM

Off Topic here for a minute. Why do you have a pic of ZACK? Just wondering cause my wife laughs at herself saying she had the biggest crush on him as a little girl.

silkamilkamonico
05-09-2010, 01:43 PM
Drew Brees was not a first round pick or a 2 time NC. Back to the topic, Tebow will outsmart, out work, and out tough the other 3 Qb's to win the job.

LOL Since when has success in college dictated NFL success? If I didn't know any better I would say you were talking about Matt Leinart.

Off Topic here for a minute. Why do you have a pic of ZACK? Just wondering cause my wife laughs at herself saying she had the biggest crush on him as a little girl.

Zach Morris is the SBTB equivalent to Tim Tebow.

broncophan
05-09-2010, 02:01 PM

If the broncos "survived" last seasons schedule with an 8-8 record.......I am not worried about any schedule......looking at the schedule in the offseason......no schedule would be tougher than last seasons.

Tebow will not be "thrown to the wolves".......imo.....he will get the same opportunity as our other qb's......and since he is the most talented qb out of our 4......I like his chances of starting sooner....rather than later......so long as he learns the playbook.....etc.

Italianmobstr7
05-09-2010, 03:12 PM
It sucks having to play Baltimore again, even with the broncos being one of the winningest organizations in Upro football history, the Ravens always pwn us.

Were 3-4 all time againsy Baltimore... That's hardly being owned...
Only 2 teams have really "owned" us in our history. Raiders have a 57-41 all time record against us, and Dolphins have an 11-3 all time record against us.

TiminatorTebow
05-09-2010, 03:40 PM
Were 3-4 all time againsy Baltimore... That's hardly being owned...
Only 2 teams have really "owned" us in our history. Raiders have a 57-41 all time record against us, and Dolphins have an 11-3 all time record against us.

Nice post! I didn't realize our record against Baltimore was ok like that. The last time I can remember beating them was on MNF when Champ intercepted a Mcnair pass in the endzone.

SR
05-09-2010, 04:13 PM
Drew Brees was not a first round pick or a 2 time NC.

And you probably weren't a Broncos fan before WE drafted Tebow.

Bosco
05-09-2010, 04:17 PM

Even if you don't count the time they spent as the Browns, Baltimore only has a 2 game lead on us in the series. Jacksonville only has a 1 game lead on us.

TiminatorTebow
05-09-2010, 04:19 PM
And you probably weren't a Broncos fan before WE drafted Tebow.

Do you care to wager something on Broncos History Trivia?

SR
05-09-2010, 04:27 PM
No, because Google is my BFF too.

TiminatorTebow
05-09-2010, 04:50 PM
No, because Google is my BFF too.

HAHa. I've been a fan for a little over 30 years. I was born before the 77 SB but to young for that one to hurt. I lived through the other 3 losses and celebrated like it was the last day on earth when John smiled the way he did after the gb SB. John Mobley knocking that 4th down pass down was like a cannon of celebration going off at my local bar. The same people that were crying and saying we would never win after the Jax loss the year before were crying again but with happy tears.

broncobryce
05-09-2010, 05:52 PM
I'm more of a fan than you! :jerksoff:

TiminatorTebow
05-09-2010, 06:55 PM
I'm more of a fan than you! :jerksoff:

Why is that, cause you're older? LOL

SR
05-09-2010, 07:03 PM
HAHa. I've been a fan for a little over 30 years. I was born before the 77 SB but to young for that one to hurt. I lived through the other 3 losses and celebrated like it was the last day on earth when John smiled the way he did after the gb SB. John Mobley knocking that 4th down pass down was like a cannon of celebration going off at my local bar. The same people that were crying and saying we would never win after the Jax loss the year before were crying again but with happy tears.

Well then I retract my previous statements. I'm just flustered with all the people that have come here as a result of Tebow and post like they're 13 year old boys.

BroncoWave
05-09-2010, 07:22 PM
Why is that, cause you're older? LOL

You should learn to recognize sarcastic posts.

TiminatorTebow
05-09-2010, 07:36 PM
You should learn to recognize sarcastic posts.

So should you! LOL I remember Bryce from the ESPN boards. He's a good guy.

Ravage!!!
05-09-2010, 08:10 PM

Leinert was a 1st round draft pick and a two time NC. :coffee:

So I don't see how Breese being a 2nd round draft pick and chosen in the draft to be their franchise QB, has a single thing to do with your argument. It doesn't.

HORSEPOWER 56
05-09-2010, 08:44 PM
Week one should be a win. The Jaguars' have ONE offensive weapon Maurice Jones-Drew. Put 9 in the box to stop MJD and the CBs man to man (Mike Sims-Walker is really the only receiving threat and he's only average).

The Jaguars' defense is nowhere near what they were in the past. Provided we don't beat ourselves we should win this one going away, the Jags are on the decline.

BroncoJoe
05-09-2010, 08:55 PM
19-0.

Mark it down.

Italianmobstr7
05-09-2010, 09:17 PM
This schedule looks a lot easier than last years.

Lonestar
05-09-2010, 11:56 PM
Week one should be a win. The Jaguars' have ONE offensive weapon Maurice Jones-Drew. Put 9 in the box to stop MJD and the CBs man to man (Mike Sims-Walker is really the only receiving threat and he's only average).

The Jaguars' defense is nowhere near what they were in the past. Provided we don't beat ourselves we should win this one going away, the Jags are on the decline.

When we seem to get over the East coast early game ass kicking we seem to get each year. I may start to believe.

Till then Jax is in the loss column

Bosco
05-10-2010, 12:50 AM

Jacksonville has a pretty weak secondary too. Wouldn't surprise me to see Josh go after them with alot of 4 and 5 wide sets.

Denver Native (Carol)
05-11-2010, 08:25 AM
http://www.denverpost.com/premium/broncos/ci_15058317

The Broncos will open the preseason Sunday, Aug. 15, at Cincinnati, according to the full preseason schedule released Monday by the NFL. That exhibition game will kick off at 5 p.m. MDT and will be televised by ESPN.

Denver's preseason home games are Saturday, Aug. 21, against Detroit (KCNC-4, 7 p.m.), and Sunday, Aug. 29, against Pittsburgh (KDVR-31, 6 p.m.). The final preseason game is at Minnesota on Thursday, Sept. 2 (KCNC-4, 6 p.m.).

arapaho2
05-11-2010, 12:29 PM

dont forget older

WARHORSE
05-12-2010, 12:26 PM
Looks like 19-0 to me.:coffee:

NorthernLights
05-12-2010, 12:41 PM
dont forget older

You were right!

http://fifthdown.blogs.nytimes.com/2010/05/06/how-to-measure-team-age-in-the-n-f-l-and-what-it-means-for-2010/

May 6, 2010, 4:58 am
How to Measure Team Age in the N.F.L. and What It Means for 2010
By CHASE STUART
Chase Stuart writes for the Pro-Football-Reference.com blog.

What is the most useful way to measure the average age of an N.F.L. team? Calculating the average age of a 53-man roster takes you only so far because the age of a team’s starters is much more relevant than the age of a team’s reserves. The average age of a team’s starting lineup isn’t perfect, either. The age of the quarterback and key offensive and defensive players should count for more than the age of a rotational starter. The best way to calculate a team’s functional average age is to place greater weight on the age of a team’s most relevant players. I used Pro-Football-Reference’s Approximate Value system to find the true age of the roster of every team in the league. I calculated team age by weighing each player’s age proportionately to his percentage of contribution (as measured by the Approximate Value system) to his team for each player and team in the 2009 season. The list, below:

Age Team
25.9 Houston Texans
26.4 Jacksonville Jaguars
26.6 Tampa Bay Buccaneers
26.6 St. Louis Rams
26.6 New York Giants
26.7 Philadelphia Eagles
26.8 Miami Dolphins
26.8 Kansas City Chiefs
26.9 Chicago Bears
26.9 San Francisco 49ers
26.9 Carolina Panthers
26.9 Detroit Lions
27.0 Cincinnati Bengals
27.1 San Diego Chargers
27.2 Tennessee Titans
27.2 Oakland Raiders
27.3 Cleveland Browns
27.3 Green Bay Packers
27.3 Atlanta Falcons
27.4 New Orleans Saints
27.4 Seattle Seahawks
27.4 Indianapolis Colts
27.5 Baltimore Ravens
27.5 Buffalo Bills
27.6 New York Jets
27.7 Dallas Cowboys
28.0 Pittsburgh Steelers
28.0 Arizona Cardinals
28.1 Washington Redskins
28.2 Denver Broncos
28.3 Minnesota Vikings
28.7 New England Patriots

So the Texans had the youngest functional age in the N.F.L. last season, while the Patriots were the league’s oldest team. But it’s more useful to break each team down on each side of the ball. Using the same formula, we can calculate the true average age for each team’s offense and defense in 2009.

...OFFENSE..........................DEFENSE

26.1 Philadelphia Eagles......25.3 Houston Texans
26.1 Miami Dolphins...........25.6 Jacksonville Jaguars
26.2 Tampa Bay Buccaneers.....25.9 Cincinnati Bengals
26.4 St. Louis Rams...........26.5 Indianapolis Colts
26.5 Houston Texans...........26.6 Kansas City Chiefs
26.5 New York Giants..........26.6 Atlanta Falcons
26.5 Chicago Bears............26.7 New York Giants
26.5 San Francisco 49ers......26.7 San Diego Chargers
26.5 Baltimore Ravens.........26.8 Tampa Bay Buccaneers
26.6 Oakland Raiders..........26.8 St. Louis Rams
26.6 Cleveland Browns.........26.9 Detroit Lions
26.8 Carolina Panthers........27.0 Carolina Panthers
26.8 Pittsburgh Steelers......27.1 Seattle Seahawks
26.9 Tennessee Titans.........27.2 San Francisco 49ers
27.0 Kansas City Chiefs.......27.2 Dallas Cowboys
27.0 Detroit Lions............27.3 Philadelphia Eagles
27.1 Jacksonville Jaguars.....27.3 Chicago Bears
27.1 Green Bay Packers........27.5 Oakland Raiders
27.1 New Orleans Saints.......27.5 Green Bay Packers
27.3 San Diego Chargers.......27.5 Buffalo Bills
27.4 Denver Broncos...........27.5 New England Patriots
27.5 Buffalo Bills............27.6 Tennessee Titans
27.6 Arizona Cardinals........27.6 New York Jets
27.7 New York Jets............27.7 Miami Dolphins
27.8 Seattle Seahawks.........27.9 Cleveland Browns
27.9 Atlanta Falcons..........27.9 New Orleans Saints
28.1 Indianapolis Colts.......27.9 Minnesota Vikings
28.1 Dallas Cowboys...........28.1 Washington Redskins
28.2 Washington Redskins......28.4 Baltimore Ravens
28.4 Cincinnati Bengals.......28.4 Arizona Cardinals
28.6 Minnesota Vikings........28.9 Denver Broncos
29.7 New England Patriots.....29.2 Pittsburgh Steelers

The author makes some observations, including the following about the Broncos...

In Denver, the defense collapsed down the stretch last season, allowing 25.8 points per game in the 10 games after the bye week. Even at 8-4, the Broncos seemed like a lock for the playoffs, but lost their last four games, allowed 28 points to the Colts, 30 to the Eagles and 44 in a home loss to the Chiefs. Perhaps the most embarrassing collapse came when Denver failed to protect a 6-point lead against the Raiders, allowing JaMarcus Russell to drive 62 yards, converting a 4th-and-10 in the process, and throw a game-winning touchdown pass with under a minute remaining in Week 15.

Denver’s secondary was ancient in 2009. Champ Bailey, Andre’ Goodman and Renaldo Hill, all 31, looked young next to free safety Brian Dawkins (36). The Broncos didn’t have a regular defensive starter under the age of 25; that’s acceptable when you have a championship defense, but uninspiring when you are a rebuilding team. The Broncos spent first-round picks on Robert Ayers and Alphonso Smith last April (Ayers was the 18th pick in the ‘09 draft, while Denver traded a 2010 first-round pick to move up to draft Smith), but neither showed much in 2009. Denver’s first five picks in this year’s draft were spent on offensive players, leaving veteran acquisitions like Jamal Williams (34), Justin Bannan (31), Jarvis Green (31) and Akin Ayodele (30) as the only Band-Aids for a porous defense. Broncos fans can only hope those players can make the defense better in 2010, because it certainly won’t be any younger.