PDA

View Full Version : Josiana Anderson reporting Ronald Fields arrested in Houston, TX for unlawful carrying of weapon

Tned
05-08-2010, 03:01 PM
Per Josiana Anderson tweets:

RT @JosinaAnderson: Fox31Alert: BREAKING: Sources, Broncos DT Ron Fields arrested last night in Houston, TX-misdemeanor charge of unlawful carrying of a weapon

RT @JosinaAnderson: Fox31 has been told that Fields was booked and posted $1,000 bond at 2:30 Houston time. Fields has a scheduled court appearance on the 14th.

RT @JosinaAnderson: Fox31 was told the Broncos have "no comment" at this time.

silkamilkamonico
05-08-2010, 03:18 PM
cut him

Northman
05-08-2010, 03:19 PM
Nice seeing ya Fields.

SoCalImport
05-08-2010, 03:23 PM
That hurts.

dogfish
05-08-2010, 03:25 PM
this is all a big misunderstanding-- he wasn't "carrying" a weapon, he was actually just hanging out with tim tebow. . .

LRtagger
05-08-2010, 03:34 PM
Is this going to be like when Quinn was released?

broncophan
05-08-2010, 03:36 PM
c'ya!!!!!

turftoad
05-08-2010, 04:03 PM
This is no big deal.

MileHighCrew
05-08-2010, 04:07 PM
at least it wasn't a whizinator

Lonestar
05-08-2010, 04:12 PM
WHO?

I think he used to play in DEN right?

:laugh:
Mobile Post via Mobile.BroncosForums.com/forums

nevcraw
05-08-2010, 04:56 PM
doubt this is any big deal.

broncobryce
05-08-2010, 04:59 PM
We'll see.

Italianmobstr7
05-08-2010, 05:07 PM
Hope this is nothing. It's his first offense so I don't think he'll be suspended.

Softskull
05-08-2010, 05:16 PM
Say 'ello to my li'll friend

TXBRONC
05-08-2010, 05:37 PM
Well if he's gone I hope Baker up for taking extra snaps that might otherwise gone to Field.

SR
05-08-2010, 07:25 PM
It's a "misdemeanor" to carry a weapon if the address on your CHL and address on your driver's license don't match. It's not a big deal.

TXBRONC
05-08-2010, 07:26 PM
It's a "misdemeanor" to carry a weapon if the address on your CHL and address on your driver's license don't match. It's not a big deal.

I wonder if Goodell will suspend him.

Denver Native (Carol)
05-08-2010, 07:30 PM

I would assume it would depend on the whole story - was he speeding and stopped, and the weapon was found - was he raising hell somewhere, and had the weapon on him, etc.

Lonestar
05-08-2010, 07:32 PM
I would assume it would depend on the whole story - was he speeding and stopped, and the weapon was found - was he raising hell somewhere, and had the weapon on him, etc.

If you break the law

and that is carrying without a CHG license then he very well may see a forfeiture of pay for a few games.

TXBRONC
05-08-2010, 07:42 PM

Goodell has always maintained that League discipline is independent of what happens in judicial system. I'm sure he look at everything available to him through the public record but even if nothing comes of this through courts doesn't mean he wont take action. I don't think Fields has ever been in trouble for anything else so may or may not work in his favor.

dogfish
05-08-2010, 09:04 PM

obviously there's no way to predict for sure, but i doubt it. . . fields has been in the league for years with no other incidents that i can remember. . . i agree with SR, i just don't see this as a big deal unless there's more that hasn't been revealed yet. . .

and even if he were to get suspended for a game or two, i highly doubt that the comments suggesting JMFMCD will cut him are at all accurate. . .

KyleOrtonArmySoldier#128
05-08-2010, 09:13 PM
I really, really doubt he'd be suspended for this. Especially since it was Texas, land of the gun.

broncofaninfla
05-08-2010, 09:15 PM
Honestly I've been hoping Baker would step up this year and make Fields obsolete. This could help Bakers cause to stay on the team and compete for playing time.

Denver Native (Carol)
05-08-2010, 09:38 PM
http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_15047516?source=rss

Broncos nose tackle Ronald Fields was arrested early Saturday morning on a misdemeanor gun charge in Houston, according to multiple television reports.

Fields has been charged with unlawfully carrying a weapon and was released from jail Saturday after posting a $1,000 bond, according to Fox-31 News, which first reported the arrest.

A Broncos spokesman told The Denver Post that team officials are aware of the arrest but that coach Josh McDaniels would not have a comment.

A source told The Post that Fields was seen with a weapon inside a Houston nightclub, and that police pulled Fields over and discovered the gun after he left.

A Houston police spokesman said more details of the arrest will not be available until Monday.

Fields, 28, started every game for the Broncos at nose tackle last year — his first with the Broncos — and made 22 total tackles. He played the first four years of his career in San Francisco.

Broncos players are in the midst of their offseason training program but were allowed to be off most of last week. The voluntary conditioning program resumes Monday, and the first Organized Team Activity (OTA) is May 17-19.

Fields is the first Bronco arrested since tight end Richard Quinn was booked in Arapahoe County on a harassment charge last September. Charges were dropped against Quinn.

Lonestar
05-08-2010, 10:32 PM
http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_15047516?source=rss

Broncos nose tackle Ronald Fields was arrested early Saturday morning on a misdemeanor gun charge in Houston, according to multiple television reports.

Fields has been charged with unlawfully carrying a weapon and was released from jail Saturday after posting a $1,000 bond, according to Fox-31 News, which first reported the arrest.

A Broncos spokesman told The Denver Post that team officials are aware of the arrest but that coach Josh McDaniels would not have a comment.

A source told The Post that Fields was seen with a weapon inside a Houston nightclub, and that police pulled Fields over and discovered the gun after he left.

A Houston police spokesman said more details of the arrest will not be available until Monday.

Fields, 28, started every game for the Broncos at nose tackle last year — his first with the Broncos — and made 22 total tackles. He played the first four years of his career in San Francisco.

Broncos players are in the midst of their offseason training program but were allowed to be off most of last week. The voluntary conditioning program resumes Monday, and the first Organized Team Activity (OTA) is May 17-19.

Fields is the first Bronco arrested since tight end Richard Quinn was booked in Arapahoe County on a harassment charge last September. Charges were dropped against Quinn.

Even with a CHL if he had one that is a HUGE no no to have a GUN where booze is served.

Are some of these guys simply brain dead when it comes to guns in night clubs.

How many of the dumb mother******s have to be arrested, shot, shot at, shoot themselves before they get the message.

Do they not cover this stuff when they come into the league in rookie seminars, do they not hear about burress and the other morons that have had problems ..

Does this guy not read the newspapers in DEN about the Darrant Williams case.

No one in the locker room talked about marshall being involved in the situation.

Please God, Goodell, Coach, Pat, someone or anyone get their attention.

Bosco
05-09-2010, 03:07 AM

Highly unlikely.

Honestly I've been hoping Baker would step up this year and make Fields obsolete. This could help Bakers cause to stay on the team and compete for playing time. You will probably see that next year, however Fields is almost certainly a Bronco for 2010.

arapaho2
05-10-2010, 06:01 PM
if i were a well paid professional football player..i would damm sure carry a gun too...but be smart enough to do it legally

Denver Native (Carol)
05-11-2010, 08:26 AM
http://www.denverpost.com/premium/broncos/ci_15058317

Broncos nose tackle Ronald Fields must return to Houston on Friday for a court appearance after his arrest there last weekend.

Fields faces a misdemeanor charge of unlawful carrying of a weapon after witnesses flagged down police to say they saw Fields waving a gun while in a white Mercedes, according to Houston police spokesman Victor Senties.

Senties said officers saw Fields place something on the floor of the car before exiting the vehicle, and police then discovered a pistol in front of the driver's seat.

An NFL spokesman said Monday the league is aware of Fields' arrest but that league officials would have no further comment.

Fields could be subject to punishment under the NFL's personal conduct policy.

But because Fields is a first-time offender, no discipline would come until after the legal issues are resolved. Unlawful possession of a weapon is specifically mentioned as behavior that violates the policy.

Fields, 28, started all 16 games for the Broncos at nose tackle last season. He is expected to be part of their defensive-line rotation in 2010, his second year in Denver, behind free-agent signee Jamal Williams.

sneakers
05-11-2010, 08:56 AM
Who's that again?

Lonestar
05-11-2010, 08:56 AM
Fields has Houston court date on Friday
By Lindsay H. Jones
The Denver Post
POSTED: 05/11/2010 01:00:00 AM MDT

Ronald Fields (Denver Post file photo)
Broncos nose tackle Ronald Fields must return to Houston on Friday for a court appearance after his arrest there last weekend.

Fields faces a misdemeanor charge of unlawful carrying of a weapon after witnesses flagged down police to say they saw Fields waving a gun while in a white Mercedes, according to Houston police spokesman Victor Senties.

Senties said officers saw Fields place something on the floor of the car before exiting the vehicle, and police then discovered a pistol in front of the driver's seat.

An NFL spokesman said Monday the league is aware of Fields' arrest but that league officials would have no further comment.

Fields could be subject to punishment under the NFL's personal conduct policy.

But because Fields is a first-time offender, no discipline would come until after the legal issues are resolved. Unlawful possession of a weapon is specifically mentioned as behavior that violates the policy.

Fields, 28, started all 16 games for the Broncos at nose tackle last season. He is expected to be part of their defensive-line rotation in 2010, his second year in Denver, behind free-agent signee Jamal Williams.

Preseason schedule.

The Broncos will open the preseason Sunday, Aug. 15, at Cincinnati, according to the full preseason schedule released Monday by the NFL. That exhibition game will kick off at 5 p.m. MDT and will be televised by ESPN.

Denver's preseason home games are Saturday, Aug. 21, against Detroit (KCNC-4, 7 p.m.), and Sunday, Aug. 29, against Pittsburgh (KDVR-31, 6 p.m.). The final preseason game is at Minnesota on Thursday, Sept. 2 (KCNC-4, 6 p.m.).

Lindsay H. Jones: 303-954-1262 or ljones@denverpost.com

LTC Pain
05-11-2010, 04:04 PM
Chris Baker, come one down!

Lonestar
05-16-2010, 03:04 PM
Broncos' Fields hearing rescheduled
By Lindsay H. Jones
The Denver Post
POSTED: 05/14/2010 01:44:49 PM MDT
UPDATED: 05/14/2010 02:05:16 PM MDT

RELATED
Broncos Ronald Fields Arrested Houston
May 11:
Fields has Houston court date on Friday
May 8:
Broncos' Fields arrested in Houston
Broncos nose tackle Ronald Fields is due back in a Houston court on June 16 for a hearing on a misdemeanor charge of unlawful carry of a weapon. Fields' hearing originally was scheduled for today, but that was reset to next month, according to a clerk for Houston Criminal Court judge Pamela Goodhart.

Fields was arrested early May 8 after witnesses told police Fields was waving a gun at a nightclub. Police pulled over the car Fields was driving and found a pistol on the floor in front of the driver's seat. Fields posted a $1,000 bond.

LoyalSoldier
05-16-2010, 07:36 PM
If he isn't carrying an assault rifle, hasn't shot anyone, put someone at gun point, or any other manner that directly threatens the lives of another then this is a non-issue.