PDA

View Full Version : Ray Lewis "shocked" by the help Tim Tebow has received

Mr D
05-07-2010, 08:58 AM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/05/07/ray-lewis-shocked-by-the-help-tim-tebow-has-received/

We've previously pointed out that Broncos quarterback Tim Tebow could spark contempt and resentment in an NFL locker room. Recent comments from Ravens linebacker Ray Lewis hone in on one of the specific potential sources for the hard feelings players may have for Tebow.

That Tebow is somehow better or more worthy than the rest of them.

Asked by ESPN Radio's Colin Cowherd whether Lewis was shocked by the media attention on the Tebow story prior to the draft, Lewis said (via NFL.com), "The thing I was more shocked by is you see all the people who were willing to help him. I don't know many people who were willing to help other athletes like that. Jon Gruden loved him to death. You see all these people who took out their personal time to really work with him and make this big issue, big issue, big issue. I don't know why he was any different than anyone else. Every young child has that dream, that same dream that Tebow had. So I don't know why he was bigger . . . than any of the other guys.

"He went to a big program, and, yes, he might be a favorable person, but nobody else in the league, definitely not veteran players, see themselves differently than any other player."

Though Lewis stopped short of saying that this will make Tebow a target of opposing defenders (the Broncos play at Baltimore on October 10), Tebow's bigger concern should be ironing out any hard feelings that may arise in his own locker room, where others may not be thrilled by the budding love affair between Tebow and the fan base and/or Tebow and the head coach, who proclaimed this week that Tebow has the "it" factor.

Again, it all comes down to how Tebow handles himself. And though others might see Tebow "differently than any other player," we don't believe Tebow carries himself in a way that suggests that he sees himself differently. And we think that if Tebow handles himself the way he always has, he'll win his teammates over and, in time, his foes.

Poet
05-07-2010, 09:02 AM
He received a lot of 'extra help' because he's very affable and also has made it clear he wants to get better.

He asked Kiper why he couldn't be a good NFL QB, and did it in a polite manner.

He wowed a lot of teams who brought him in, including the team that drafted him.

He has a tremendous work ethic and has produced.

Oh yeah, he didn't stab anyone.

SOCALORADO.
05-07-2010, 09:02 AM
I wonder if the murderer finds it shocking that Suh, McCoy and Rolle all had special shows following them around, which Tebow didnt, and Bradford and Claussen also had special shows from Gruden on E!SPN?
As a matter of fact, the Gruden show with Claussen apparently HURT him! I guess his responses were not what coaches wanted to hear. Huh. No stabbing though.

BroncoWave
05-07-2010, 09:04 AM
Lewis should just be happy he's even in the NFL and not in jail for murder, not bitching about the attention a rookie that's not even on his team gets. What crawled up his ass and died?

GEM
05-07-2010, 09:06 AM
Lewis should just be happy he's even in the NFL and not in jail for murder, not bitching about the attention a rookie that's not even on his team gets. What crawled up his ass and died?

The hill is approaching and he needs some attention?

Poet
05-07-2010, 09:07 AM

I would guess that he's butthurt over Joe Flacco not getting extra love or something like that.

I do find it funny that a guy who makes it so apparent that he's his team's leader talks about guys just seeing themselves as guys.

Mr D
05-07-2010, 09:07 AM
It's really not that surprising.

People are helping him because they know Tebow will give more dedication than any other player and work harder than any other player. The return on investment is at a high % in most people's eyes when it comes to Tim Tebow. If he succeed, they can add him to their resume.

Even with people helping Tebow out that don't need him on their resume - it's the fact that they know Tebow will give everything he has and that last drop of sweat and blood.

Kobe Bryant is in the same boat when it comes to this.

There is a well known private trainer amongst the top players in the NBA, I'll get his name later... but he denied to work with any of the top players in the playoffs... but when it came to Kobe he accepted it and went on to TRAVEL WITH KOBE THROUGHOUT THE PLAYOFFS, because he knew Kobe's work ethic was on another level and that he would give 150% and would not let him down.

That is why Tebow is getting help - because he has "IT."

He has that mentality that he won't let anyone down and he will work harder than anyone and he will do what it takes to be #1.

LTC Pain
05-07-2010, 09:10 AM
He received a lot of 'extra help' because he's very affable and also has made it clear he wants to get better.

He asked Kiper why he couldn't be a good NFL QB, and did it in a polite manner.

He wowed a lot of teams who brought him in, including the team that drafted him.

He has a tremendous work ethic and has produced.

Oh yeah, he didn't stab anyone.

Word!

broncophan
05-07-2010, 09:17 AM
Most of the time......Good things happen to good people.

It is no wonder Ray Lewis doesn't have a clue.

Dirk
05-07-2010, 09:25 AM
Jealousy :coffee:

broncofaninfla
05-07-2010, 09:34 AM
If Tewbow played college ball at Miami I doubt he would have any issues with this...............

Ravage!!!
05-07-2010, 09:48 AM
Lewis didn't stab anyone. Lewis didn't murder anyone. If you don't like his opinion, fine. But quit calling people a murderer. Its pretty disgusting.

Although I get taht some think its 'jealousy'... let's remember that Ray Lewis is considered one of the greatest leaders in the NFL, and probably one of the very greatest leaders in the history of the game. Not only that, people from teams all over the league go to Ray Lewis for personal advice, whether thats spiritual..financial...or social.

claymore
05-07-2010, 09:51 AM
I dont HATE ray lewis, but I really really dont like the guy.

broncobryce
05-07-2010, 09:58 AM
People want to work with someone if they believe he has a chance to be great. Especially if they know he will work his ass off and they aren't wasting their time. Ray Lewis is a christian too so I'm surprised he said that. And Tebow does not have an ego so he asks people to help and is very coachable. It doesn't take a genius to see that, Ray.

GEM
05-07-2010, 10:02 AM
Lewis didn't stab anyone. Lewis didn't murder anyone. If you don't like his opinion, fine. But quit calling people a murderer. Its pretty disgusting.

Although I get taht some think its 'jealousy'... let's remember that Ray Lewis is considered one of the greatest leaders in the NFL, and probably one of the very greatest leaders in the history of the game. Not only that, people from teams all over the league go to Ray Lewis for personal advice, whether thats spiritual..financial...or social.

If you choose to believe his story, then you can quit calling him a murderer. He got off, his 2 friends sit in prison. Rumors are that he paid them to take the fall, he by all means has the means to do so. So technically, he pleaded to lesser charges...but no one pulls the wool over the judicial systems eyes, right. :lol:

So he's one of the greatest leaders blah blah blah...then go lead YOUR team. No reason to throw another guy under the bus because he is having some good fortune.

Denver Native (Carol)
05-07-2010, 10:04 AM
Soooooooo, does Lewis really believe that Tebow and Coach McD CARE about what he thinks anyway??????????

Poet
05-07-2010, 10:09 AM

Didn't old boy pretty much stand over a bleeding man and do nothing?'

broncobryce
05-07-2010, 10:12 AM
He's probably pissed about the Tebowism. Ray Lewis once was asked if he'd like to run full speed at Tim Tebow, and he said "No"

BroncoNut
05-07-2010, 10:24 AM
He's probably pissed about the Tebowism. Ray Lewis once was asked if he'd like to run full speed at Tim Tebow, and he said "No"
did he give a reason as to why?

On Ray Lewis the football player. I love the way he plays the game, love hearing him miked up

rcsodak
05-07-2010, 10:51 AM

People still call "the juice" a murderer, even though he was acquitted.

RayRay is a thug.

He lives like one.

He plays like one.

Guess it took him being involved in murdering someone to turn his life around.

Northman
05-07-2010, 10:52 AM
Good article. Having lived in MD a long time i can say Ray Lewis is a great guy. People will believe whatever they want to believe about the Atlanta incident which is ok but he was found not guilty by his peers. Does it mean he's dead on with his opinion here? Nope. But it does make some sense considering all the hoopla that Tebow has gotten. Its a fair article and he makes some good points.

broncobryce
05-07-2010, 10:55 AM
did he give a reason as to why?

On Ray Lewis the football player. I love the way he plays the game, love hearing him miked up

The reason? It's just a tebowism, I doubt it's really true.

Northman
05-07-2010, 10:55 AM

This^

broncobryce
05-07-2010, 10:58 AM
Good article. Having lived in MD a long time i can say Ray Lewis is a great guy. People will believe whatever they want to believe about the Atlanta incident which is ok but he was found not guilty by his peers. Does it mean he's dead on with his opinion here? Nope. But it does make some sense considering all the hoopla that Tebow has gotten. Its a fair article and he makes some good points.

Maybe, but still comes off as jealous.

Northman
05-07-2010, 10:59 AM
Maybe, but still comes off as jealous.

Why exactly?

Denver Native (Carol)
05-07-2010, 11:14 AM
Why would Lewis even feel it appropriate to give his opinion in regards to a player that another team drafted??????

dogfish
05-07-2010, 11:20 AM
lewis can shut his piehole. . . we've got a guy named brian dawkins regulating our locker room, thank you very much. . . .

T.K.O.
05-07-2010, 11:51 AM
leave it to a guy like lewis to get on tebow's case for trying to improve....stupid ! just stupid!
why does he care if gruden or anybody else wants to give the guy a little hep?
maybe he should realize that the coaches and people who helped him where happy to be asked or had an interest in drafting the guy and wanted to see if he could improve?
hey...on a related note
jay cutler said he has talked to kurt warner about helping him with martz' system.....ray better go kick jay in the nuts for trying to get help.......
stupid !
if i was 3 ft taller and 200 lbs heavier i'd go tell ray what i think of this B.S.:laugh:

BigBroncLove
05-07-2010, 11:57 AM
More off-season puff and fluff filler stories. Probe any out spoken defender like Lewis during this point in the off season when he isn't even remotely close to getting to hit someone and he's liable to say anything.

Really though Lewis's opinion on the matter is moot. Like dogfish said, we have someone else as the locker room head honcho and hes a tough talking scary ass mofo himself who just so happens to be strongly devout. Everyone knows Tebow is to (the latter part, not the scary mofo part), which I would have to imagine and hope would be a source for those two to get off on the right foot. I really don't think most of the players in the league will take Tebows treatment as personally as Lewis's comments seem to come off in this story.

roomemp
05-07-2010, 11:58 AM

Yeah Ray Lewis is a lot like Lawrence Taylor. Read the news lately :coffee:

Northman
05-07-2010, 11:59 AM
Why would Lewis even feel it appropriate to give his opinion in regards to a player that another team drafted??????

Because of the media storm surrounding him?

roomemp
05-07-2010, 12:01 PM

Actually if anybody should have been the target of this retoric, It should have been Colt McCoy.

Northman
05-07-2010, 12:03 PM
Actually if anybody should have been the target of this retoric, It should have been Colt McCoy.

Who's Colt McCoy? Exactly.

I find it hilarious that for someone who is supposedly "irrelevant" with his opinion on Tebow that so many are up in arms and shitting themselves over it. :lol: ******* classic.

roomemp
05-07-2010, 12:05 PM

I find it hilarious that for someone who is supposedly "irrelevant" with his opinion on Tebow that so many are up in arms and shitting themselves over it. :lol: ******* classic.

Sorry but fans defend their team.....Thats what makes them fans :salute:

BigBroncLove
05-07-2010, 12:06 PM

Not everyone is up in arms :).... and hey its the offseason. If players like Lewis obviously has nothing better to do, when it comes to talking football we assuredly have a similar plate. :D

Northman
05-07-2010, 12:09 PM
Sorry but fans defend their team.....Thats what makes them fans :salute:

Lmao, Oh noes! Im not a fan! Oh Shit. It keeps getting better.

Krugan
05-07-2010, 12:11 PM
This can be blown off and twisted into what ever perspective people desire, but I think its pretty telling that someone who has been in the league this long sees it that way.

My thought is, that there are quite a few people here that would be wondering why Tebow is getting so much face time, if he werent a Bronco.

Frankly the Tebowmania is friggin nuts. Its over the top, he is just another football player. There were several others taken in this draft that arent getting the news Tebow is.

roomemp
05-07-2010, 12:16 PM
Lmao, Oh noes! Im not a fan! Oh Shit. It keeps getting better.

Word

HORSEPOWER 56
05-07-2010, 12:17 PM
Lewis is probably just tired of everyone talking about Tebow. I think the big question is, why is Cowherd even talking to Ray Lewis about Tebow - a rookie that plays for another team? Simply, to stir the pot. People just can't stop talking about him. In the matter of 2 weeks, he's become the most popular player in the league and he's never played an NFL down. Interviews, Jersey Sales, photo ops, what he had for breakfast... folks just can't seem to get enough of him.

Most of us are really excited about Tebow, but as far as everyone who isn't a Bronco, why should they be continually asked about him? I can understand some of the frustration because everyone from owners, to coaches, to players, to the freaking water boy have been asked about Tebow in some fashion since the draft and a lot of them were asked about him before the draft, too. He's on track to become the most polarizing player in the NFL (possibly in history) just like he was in college. If you don't love him you're going to hate him because just like the latest pop music hit, Tebow will be shoved down your throat until you can't stand him anymore.

I do understand Lewis' frustration because I probably would've retorted with a "who the hell cares?" type of response had it been me, but he and everyone who keeps getting asked about Tebow is just supposed to grin and praise him and be part of the love fest. I'm glad we got Tebow to be sure, but even I'm almost tired of all the hype...
:behindsofa:

weazel
05-07-2010, 12:18 PM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/05/07/ray-lewis-shocked-by-the-help-tim-tebow-has-received/

We've previously pointed out that Broncos quarterback Tim Tebow could spark contempt and resentment in an NFL locker room. Recent comments from Ravens linebacker Ray Lewis hone in on one of the specific potential sources for the hard feelings players may have for Tebow.

That Tebow is somehow better or more worthy than the rest of them.

Asked by ESPN Radio's Colin Cowherd whether Lewis was shocked by the media attention on the Tebow story prior to the draft, Lewis said (via NFL.com), "The thing I was more shocked by is you see all the people who were willing to help him. I don't know many people who were willing to help other athletes like that. Jon Gruden loved him to death. You see all these people who took out their personal time to really work with him and make this big issue, big issue, big issue. I don't know why he was any different than anyone else. Every young child has that dream, that same dream that Tebow had. So I don't know why he was bigger . . . than any of the other guys.

"He went to a big program, and, yes, he might be a favorable person, but nobody else in the league, definitely not veteran players, see themselves differently than any other player."

Though Lewis stopped short of saying that this will make Tebow a target of opposing defenders (the Broncos play at Baltimore on October 10), Tebow's bigger concern should be ironing out any hard feelings that may arise in his own locker room, where others may not be thrilled by the budding love affair between Tebow and the fan base and/or Tebow and the head coach, who proclaimed this week that Tebow has the "it" factor.

Again, it all comes down to how Tebow handles himself. And though others might see Tebow "differently than any other player," we don't believe Tebow carries himself in a way that suggests that he sees himself differently. And we think that if Tebow handles himself the way he always has, he'll win his teammates over and, in time, his foes.

it's simple Ray, people like to help out other nice people. People don't like to help scumbags. You see Ray, you are the latter, you are a scumbag.

Some people like to donate their free time to help the less fortunate, Tebow is one of them. Some people like to spend their free time being a complete scumbag who ends up in court for conspiracy to murder, like yourself, Ray!

I would like to know one thing, who the **** cares what this ******* douche thinks? Why do we need to know what a murdering, errrr suspected murderer thinks about a kid who has spent his life doing good?

Ray Lewis... LMAO

http://www.clumsycrooks.com/media/files11/mugshots/ray_lewis.jpg

you piece of shit

milehigh
05-07-2010, 12:21 PM
Lewis is probably just tired of everyone talking about Tebow. I think the big question is, why is Cowherd even talking to Ray Lewis about Tebow - a rookie that plays for another team? Simply, to stir the pot. People just can't stop talking about him. In the matter of 2 weeks, he's become the most popular player in the league and he's never played an NFL down. Interviews, Jersey Sales, photo ops, what he had for breakfast... folks just can't seem to get enough of him.

Most of us are really excited about Tebow, but as far as everyone who isn't a Bronco, why should they be continually asked about him? I can understand some of the frustration because everyone from owners, to coaches, to players, to the freaking water boy have been asked about Tebow in some fashion since the draft and a lot of them were asked about him before the draft, too. He's on track to become the most polarizing player in the NFL (possibly in history) just like he was in college. If you don't love him you're going to hate him because just like the latest pop music hit, Tebow will be shoved down your throat until you can't stand him anymore.

I do understand Lewis' frustration because I probably would've retorted with a "who the hell cares?" type of response had it been me, but he and everyone who keeps getting asked about Tebow is just supposed to grin and praise him and be part of the love fest. I'm glad we got Tebow to be sure, but even I'm almost tired of all the hype...

Living in Jacksonville probably doesn't help either.

HORSEPOWER 56
05-07-2010, 12:24 PM
Living in Jacksonville probably doesn't help either.

True. I like talking football as much as anyone, but now anytime someone sees the Broncos plate on my truck or sees me sporting a jersey or hat and it becomes an instant Tebow discussion. Even for people not in Jax, though I'd expect it's not too much different.

KyleOrtonArmySoldier#128
05-07-2010, 12:27 PM
Colin Cowherd only put Ray on the show to say that, and then spent the rest of the show focusing on just that. He's seriously got a bone to pick. Probably because he grew up watching Denver destroyed those punk assed little seahawks every year when they were in AFC West.

roomemp
05-07-2010, 12:30 PM
How come Ray Lewis doesn't come out and say "ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh that Brett Farve steals the spotlight with his on again off again retirements.........

Lewis has a bone to pick with Tebow for some reason.

Northman
05-07-2010, 12:33 PM
How come Ray Lewis doesn't come out and say "ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh that Brett Farve steals the spotlight with his on again off again retirements.........

Lewis has a bone to pick with Tebow for some reason.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

dogfish
05-07-2010, 12:34 PM

there is no hype when it comes to tebow-- only legend. . . .

:salute:

KyleOrtonArmySoldier#128
05-07-2010, 12:35 PM
I want to go get something to eat but I'm not sure what. Waffles and pancakes maybe?

Northman
05-07-2010, 12:37 PM
poppers.......yummmmmm

milehigh
05-07-2010, 12:41 PM
I want to go get something to eat but I'm not sure what. Waffles and pancakes maybe?

I can only eat about 5 pancakes then I hit the pancake wall.

Eggs, bacon and hash browns sound good right about now.

T.K.O.
05-07-2010, 12:43 PM
i just made myself an alfredo sauce,chicken breast ,jalapeno and red onion pizza....it's awesome!

weazel
05-07-2010, 12:44 PM
I read this post and then ate my own puke

Lonestar
05-07-2010, 12:46 PM
Does anyone think that the locker room in DEN will be divided once they get to know Tebow.

Once they see his devotion to the game, when they see him as a humble guy that he is.

Anyone on the gators say bad things about him getting attention?

Do you suppose that had tebow came to him for advise he would be ranting about this?

Seems to only one that appears to be getting a rash about him are aging players that may for may not need attention IMHO

As good a player as ray was I suspect that Tim would take the hit and both would feel it.

milehigh
05-07-2010, 12:46 PM
i just made myself an alfredo sauce,chicken breast ,jalapeno and red onion pizza....it's awesome!

That sounds amazing. :eating:

HORSEPOWER 56
05-07-2010, 12:50 PM
there is no hype when it comes to tebow-- only legend. . . .

Lets hope! I have faith in the guy, but it's still just a little early to name him the next Messiah... :salute:

milehigh
05-07-2010, 12:55 PM
Does anyone think that the locker room in DEN will be divided once they get to know Tebow.

Once they see his devotion to the game, when they see him as a humble guy that he is.

Do you suppose that had tebow came to him for advise he would be ranting about this?

Seems to only one that appears to be getting a rash about him are aging players that may for may not need attention IMHO

As good a player as ray was I suspect that Tim would take the hit and both would feel it.

Joe Haden on Tim Tebow

By the time I got to Florida, a year after Tim Tebow, I had already heard stories about how popular he was in Gainesville. But it didn't hit me until one night when a bunch of us went to a club. Tim walked in and everyone stopped dancing and stared like zombies. Strangers reached out to touch him. One after another, people asked to take pictures with him. Nobody noticed the rest of us.

There was no way he could go out downtown during the day. He'd shut down the city. People crossed the street in traffic to get a closer look. Some guys would cry when they saw him. Women asked to marry him or at least for a kiss.

On game days, security had to plan ways to get him in and out of the stadium because so many fans waited for him. We'd be in the locker room and suddenly Tim would be gone. Sometimes we didn't know how he got in or out. We'd joke that he disappeared into thin air.

I think he felt normal only around his teammates. We all had his cell number, and when you texted him he'd hit you right back. He just wanted to be one of the guys and we all tried to make him feel like a normal person.

Lonestar
05-07-2010, 01:04 PM
if he wins the job by being better than the other QB's and then helps to win games there will be NO issues in the locker room.

If Josh promotes him like Mike did Griese then ther could be issues until he proves himself.

I suspect that josh knows the history of what happened between bubby, mike and bryan.

T.K.O.
05-07-2010, 01:09 PM
That sounds amazing. :eating:

it was....now i,m stuffed and could use a nap:laugh:
but it's friday and i have alot of work to do until about 9 pm....on a happy note i usually party pretty hardy while i work on fridays:D

shank
05-07-2010, 01:15 PM
I can only eat about 5 pancakes then I hit the pancake wall.

Eggs, bacon and hash browns sound good right about now.

i hit the pancake wall after like 4 bites

dogfish
05-07-2010, 01:20 PM
If Josh promotes him like Mike did Griese then ther could be issues until he proves himself.

I suspect that josh knows the history of what happened between bubby, mike and bryan.

josh couldn't possibly care less about what mike shanahan did or thinks. . . or anyone else, for that matter. . . he's going to do exactly what he wants, and the rest of the world can hang by their thumbs if they don't like it. . .

that much has been made abundantly clear. . . .

Lonestar
05-07-2010, 01:26 PM
josh couldn't possibly care less about what mike shanahan did or thinks. . . or anyone else, for that matter. . . he's going to do exactly what he wants, and the rest of the world can hang by their thumbs if they don't like it. . .

that much has been made abundantly clear. . . .

I disagree with that I"m sure that with all the hype that has been around Tebow that sometime Pat will sit down with him and clue him in on what happened IF he has not heard it from someone else by then.

Those that do not know history tend to repeat it.

I do not think he will install Tebow as starter IF Orton is having a good camp as the Vets will let him know not to.

There were real problems way back and I'm guessing that Josh knows not to get to excited about his FQB.

Softskull
05-07-2010, 01:34 PM

I see a small divide. Tebow+50 against Orton and Quinn.

Broncolingus
05-07-2010, 04:25 PM
Ray Lewis "shocked" by the help Tim Tebow has received

Somehow the musings of a POS murderer don't carry any weight with me...

Next...

GGMoogly
05-07-2010, 04:39 PM
MAYBE, just maybe, Ray Lewis wasn't the one who did the deadly deed, but he knows who did. Ray Lewis is NOT a stand-up guy, NOT a real man. He's just another punk with money. I have NO good thoughts for Ray Lewis. :tsk:

Slick
05-07-2010, 04:45 PM
I would have drafted Ray over John Mobley that year. I still hate Shanahan the GM a little bit for that.

Sorry for going Jrwiz on everyone.

Carry on.

Northman
05-07-2010, 04:49 PM
I would have drafted Ray over John Mobley that year. I still hate Shanahan the GM a little bit for that.

Carry on.

Indeed.

G8trBronc
05-07-2010, 04:52 PM
Ray Lewis grew up in a neighboring town. We are the same age. I didn't run in the same crowd, but I knew ppl that did. RayRay kept some bad company. As for the Atlanta incident, he dodged a bullet. I still can't believe it - was living in Atlanta when it happened. I wouldn't want to meet RL in a dark alley unless I had a massive caliber hand gun...jes' sayin'.

dogfish
05-07-2010, 04:57 PM

DON'T let it happen again! :tsk:

:lol:

ikillz0mbies
05-07-2010, 06:11 PM
Oh great, another thing to cause another rift between Bronco fans. Who cares what Lewis says? Him and Tebow are not on the same team! Nor should we care! The only thing I want to point out is perhaps Tebow is getting all this help because he simply asked for it. The guy knows about all the criticism that has been said about him. The guy works hard and wants to get better. He doesn't have an ego. If he did, then he would be satisfied with his mechanics and wouldn't be working with on fixing them. The guy is a hard worker. Can't knock him for that. I doubt Lewis knows Tebow well at all anyway, so what he says is kind of moot. Oh well. This is truly the dreaded off season indeed.....

hotcarl
05-07-2010, 06:20 PM
i, too, give a shit what a guy who is literally a murderer says. i wonder what OJ thinks? that guy is cool. bye. :welcome:

HORSEPOWER 56
05-07-2010, 09:14 PM
Mount-n-Groan posted this over on mania and I think he did a GREAT job of summing it up:

This story, as simple as it seems, is closing in on being the most commented on (recent) story at PFT. It's interesting to think about why that is because in some ways Ray and Tebow are alike and in others they're polar opposites. It all relates, but what's becoming apparent is that Tebow is a guy that naturally commands respect; and his being conflicts harshly with those that have lived their lives by demanding respect. Even the most hard-nosed and gritty leaders of men find themselves smitten by Tebow's charm, diligence, demeanor, etc. The patient and forgiving, soft-hearted folks, girls, and his constituent fanbase(s) don't have a chance.

It's simple, he's a natural born leader. The most he ever demands is what he demands of himself, yet he remains humble. Tenacious, but not entitled. People gravitate towards that. Whereas people run from Ray...

Noway
05-08-2010, 02:37 PM
Oakley and Sweeting were acquitted of the charges in June 2000. No other suspects have ever been arrested for the crime.

Northman
05-08-2010, 02:52 PM
Mount-n-Groan posted this over on mania and I think he did a GREAT job of summing it up:

Should Tebow face Ray he will indeed be doing a lot of running. :lol:

dogfish
05-08-2010, 03:01 PM
Should Tebow face Ray he will indeed be doing a lot of running. :lol:

you mean running him over?

because if tatum bell could do it, i'm pretty sure tebow isn't afraid. . .

Northman
05-08-2010, 03:03 PM
you mean running him over?

because if tatum bell could do it, i'm pretty sure tebow isn't afraid. . .

Tatum didnt run him over, just under him. Maybe that was a bad day for Ray Ray who knows he is getting up there. But, Darren Sproles and Chad Johnson know what kind of freight train he is. :lol:

sneakers
05-09-2010, 12:19 AM
9XZDzOGFXts

broncobryce
05-09-2010, 10:49 AM
Why exactly?

Sorry for the late response. Why do I think he sounds jealous?
"Jon Gruden loves him to death."
So? Is Gruden your coach?

"Everyone is making it a big deal, big deal, big deal"
If it was Ray they were making a big deal of it would be fine.

I still like Ray, but it sounds like he gets jealous of rookies who get attention. He put Sergio Kindle 'in his place' too.

KyleOrtonArmySoldier#128
05-09-2010, 11:09 AM
Uf6jYtaoXPs

http://niviusvir.files.wordpress.com/2009/10/raylewisorangejumpsuit1.jpg

bcbronc
05-09-2010, 01:16 PM
wow, people sure get their knickers in a knot when someone says something less than glowing about the Golden 'Bow.

Lewis was ASKED a question and he answered. shame!

but I agree, no way an NFL player of the caliber of Ray Ray could possibly have any insight to offer on how NFL players might respond to a media circus like Tebowmania. Ray should have either answered "no comment" or "I'm just worried about my game and giving it 110% out there."

KyleOrtonArmySoldier#128
05-09-2010, 01:19 PM
wow, people sure get their knickers in a knot when someone says something less than glowing about the Golden 'Bow.

but I agree, no way an NFL player of the caliber of Ray Ray could possibly have any insight to offer on how NFL players might respond to a media circus like Tebowmania. Ray should have either answered "no comment" or "I'm just worried about my game and giving it 110% out there."

I don't get emotional one way or the other about Tebow, but any player disrespecting Denver on the other hand pisses me off.

Broncolingus
05-09-2010, 01:21 PM
...Ray should have either answered "no comment" or "I'm just worried about my game and giving it 110% out there."

Northman
05-09-2010, 02:06 PM
I don't get emotional one way or the other about Tebow, but any player disrespecting Denver on the other hand pisses me off.

He didnt disrespect Denver. He answered a question regarding a certain player.

broncophan
05-09-2010, 02:14 PM

Lol...."Lewis was asked a question and he answered ".....you are right......he answered it.....and it was a dumbass answer......that's why it is being discussed on here......not because it was Tebow.

A dumbass answer.......it has to do with a bronco player..therefore it gets discussed on a bronco message board.......really not hard to figure that out.

KyleOrtonArmySoldier#128
05-09-2010, 02:28 PM
He didnt disrespect Denver. He answered a question regarding a certain player.

Did you even listen to the show that day?

Northman
05-09-2010, 04:15 PM
Did you even listen to the show that day?

What did he say to disrespect the team? He commented on a player coming out of college who is getting more hype than he really deserves at the moment. He was asked a direct question about it. From what i read he didnt trash the organization or anything like that.

bcbronc
05-09-2010, 05:01 PM
Lol...."Lewis was asked a question and he answered ".....you are right......he answered it.....and it was a dumbass answer......that's why it is being discussed on here......not because it was Tebow.

A dumbass answer.......it has to do with a bronco player..therefore it gets discussed on a bronco message board.......really not hard to figure that out.

why was it a dumbass answer? because it was honest?

he was asked to give some insight as to how established NFLers might feel about the Tebow circus, and he gave an answer. It's fine to disagree, but the whole "what biznezz does Ray Lewis have to say sumthin about a Bronco" mentality makes no sense to me. He's a HOF football player asked for his opinion on a football segment of a sports talk show. I don't get the issue with what he said.

*shrugs* some have thinner skin than others I guess.

Tempus Fugit
05-09-2010, 08:17 PM
why was it a dumbass answer? because it was honest?

he was asked to give some insight as to how established NFLers might feel about the Tebow circus, and he gave an answer. It's fine to disagree, but the whole "what biznezz does Ray Lewis have to say sumthin about a Bronco" mentality makes no sense to me. He's a HOF football player asked for his opinion on a football segment of a sports talk show. I don't get the issue with what he said.

*shrugs* some have thinner skin than others I guess.

I'm not sure where thin skin enters the picture. Lewis was just talking out of his ass, as he so often does:

The thing I was more shocked by is you see all the people who were willing to help him. I don't know many people who were willing to help other athletes like that. Jon Gruden loved him to death. You see all these people who took out their personal time to really work with him and make this big issue, big issue, big issue. I don't know why he was any different than anyone else. Every young child has that dream, that same dream that Tebow had. So I don't know why he was bigger . . . than any of the other guys.

Gruden spent hours with the top quarterbacks in the draft as part of a show that was put together. Here's his write up about it, in fact:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/draft10/columns/story?id=5033690

Lewis' comment was stupid.

BroncoJoe
05-09-2010, 08:20 PM
Seriously - who gives a "F" what this clown has to say?

Poet
05-09-2010, 09:04 PM
Tatum didnt run him over, just under him. Maybe that was a bad day for Ray Ray who knows he is getting up there. But, Darren Sproles and Chad Johnson know what kind of freight train he is. :lol:

Yeah, but to be fair I've seen Rudi "Produce of the NFL's best offensive line that year" Johnson DEMOLISH Ray Lewis.

He's a beast, but he can be ran over.

dogfish
05-09-2010, 09:08 PM
Yeah, but to be fair I've seen Rudi "Produce of the NFL's best offensive line that year" Johnson DEMOLISH Ray Lewis.

He's a beast, but he can be ran over.

yea, but to be fair, rudi's boys won't stab you to death-- at least not that i know of. . .

honz
05-09-2010, 09:40 PM
Tim Tebow in a body cast would still kick Ray Lewis' ass.