View Full Version : Tebow honored, humbled that his jersey is best seller

Lonestar
05-06-2010, 11:00 PM
Tebow honored, humbled that his jersey is best seller
Rookie quarterback's No. 15 is No. 1 for April
By Lindsay H. Jones
The Denver Post
POSTED: 05/06/2010 01:00:00 AM MDT

Tim Tebow had only eight full days, yet somehow he managed to top all NFL players in jersey sales for the month of April.

Tebow didn't become an NFL player until late on April 22, when the Broncos drafted him with the No. 25 pick in the first round.

"I think it's an honor for people to want my jersey and want to have it and want to wear it," Tebow said Wednesday afternoon. "It is somewhat surreal to have it sell more than some of these people I grew up idolizing."

The next six top-sellers are all-star veterans: Donovan McNabb (with orders for his new Redskins No. 5 jersey), Super Bowl MVP Drew Brees, Peyton Manning, Brett Favre, new New York Jet LaDainian Tomlinson and Tony Romo.

Two other rookies are in the top 10: Detroit defensive tackle Ndamukong Suh (the second overall pick) at No. 8 and St. Louis quarterback Sam Bradford (the No. 1 pick in the draft) at No. 9.

The popularity of Tebow's jersey helped the Broncos lead the league in sales on NFLShop.com last month. The team ranked 10th for the year ending March 31. No other Broncos jersey sales rank in the top 25. According to The Associated Press, 30 percent of the sales of Tebow's jersey have come from the state of Florida, where Tebow grew up and starred at the University of Florida.

Denver-area fans can buy their Tebow jerseys at the Broncos team store at Invesco Field. Replica jerseys also are available at most Front Range sporting goods stores.

Perhaps the other most interesting stat from jersey sales figures is that disgraced Pittsburgh quarterback Ben Roethlisberger fell out of the top 25. He was ranked No. 11 in 2009.

Lindsay H. Jones: 303-954-1262 or ljones@denverpost.com

TimTebow15MVP
05-06-2010, 11:59 PM
one of them belongs to me.

Magnificent Seven
05-07-2010, 12:12 AM
It was great to hear about this. Honestly, I wouldn't purchase Tim Tebow's jersey and I will not replace Elway's jersey. I have Elway Jerseys and I am going to wear it forever! Elway deserves my respect! A millionaire many times over, Elway's fans still loves being huge Elway fans!

Man, I still miss seeing Elway on the field! He's simply best, period!