PDA

View Full Version : Travis Henry Surgery Set?

Pages : [1] 2

broncorockie
05-11-2008, 11:30 PM
We all knew he had injury problems but this takes the cake - http://nationalsquib.com/index.php/travis-henry/

dogfish
05-11-2008, 11:34 PM
and here i was hoping that the procedure would be a vasectomy. . . . :coffee:

shank
05-11-2008, 11:34 PM
har

Nature Boy
05-12-2008, 01:01 AM
Not even close to being funny.

And why do you care how many kids he has. His NFL check pays for these kid's expenses til 18 years old. What they do outside of football is their business.

Just be a football fan and only cry fowl if he does not produce on the football field this season.

sneakers
05-12-2008, 01:05 AM

And why do you care how many kids he has. His NFL check pays for these kid's expenses til 18 years old. What they do outside of football is their business.

Just be a football fan and only cry fowl if he does not produce on the football field this season.

I will take you up on that offer. :D

honz
05-12-2008, 01:33 AM

Lighten up will ya...it was pretty funny.

topscribe
05-12-2008, 01:37 AM

:pound: Dammit, Dog! Don't you know coffee is hard on a keyboard?

Well, I do hope the Broncos have him back by this fall.

-----

dogfish
05-12-2008, 01:42 AM

because i feel bad for every kid out there growing up without a dad, especially when the deadbeat is making millions of dollars and the mothers of his children have to sue him for child support. . . if you think those child support checks pay for all of their expenses i suspect you've never raised a child, by yourself or otherwise. . . besides which, children have more needs than just money, and a monthly check is no replacement for a parent. . .

travis henry is a grade A piece of shit regardless of what he does on the football field, and his irresponsible ass should have been neutered a long time ago. . . not that i wouldn't like to see him rush for 1,500 and 20 TDs this year, but the guy is still a bum even if he does. . .

topscribe
05-12-2008, 01:42 AM
“Apparently Travis has to start filling out mother’s day cards for his childrens’
respective mothers in February in order to ensure that they are all in the mail
by early May,” stated Armstrong. “We have spoken to him about ways to
possibly avoid injury in the future such as e-cards, mailing services, etc.”
"And maybe condoms"

http://i258.photobucket.com/albums/hh256/AZDynamics/Smilies/BIGrofl2.gif

-----

topscribe
05-12-2008, 01:47 AM
because i feel bad for every kid out there growing up without a dad, especially when the deadbeat is making millions of dollars and the mothers of his children have to sue him for child support. . . if you think those child support checks pay for all of their expenses i suspect you've never raised a child, by yourself or otherwise. . . besides which, children have more needs than just money, and a monthly check is no replacement for a parent. . .

travis henry is a grade A piece of shit regardless of what he does on the football field, and his irresponsible ass should have been neutered a long time ago. . . not that i wouldn't like to see him rush for 1,500 and 20 TDs this year, but the guy is still a bum even if he does. . .

His ass isn't what needs to be neutered. What good would that do?

:pound: I slay me!!

-----

dogfish
05-12-2008, 01:50 AM
His ass isn't what needs to be neutered. What good would that do?

:pound: I slay me!!

-----

figure of speech. . . . :coffee:

after i typed that, i wondered if anyone would bring it up-- didn't take long. . .

Nature Boy
05-12-2008, 05:27 AM

If my memory serves me correct, Ricky Williams just like Travis Henry has multiple "baby mamas", 5+ or so and I remember reading somewhere that each of his kids was ordered to receive $50k+ a year in child support. Just like Travis Henry, Ricky Williams had back child support payments he owed. I read this just before he decided to go long term camping in Australia to live off nature and MaryJane when the NFL decided to suspend him.

I'm not making up excuses for Ricky's and Travis' inability to pay their baby mamas. My point is, how much a guy has to pay in child support is dependent on how much money the guy makes and I personally think it can be excessive. I'm sure this is dependent on each individual state but I'm also sure they're not all that different.

Now, Travis Henry has 9 illegitimate kids. 9 x $50k+ per year = $950k-$1mil(est.) a year to be paid with his NFL check after the IRS takes their share. I don't have the exact numbers on Travis Henry's tax return in the past and what is expected the next couple of years but as we can see, it's not chump change. My rough estimate, his kids and baby mama combine take 1/3, the IRS takes 1/3 and he gets about 1/3 of what we read he makes on the paper every time he signs the dotted line. Unless he has a good accountant/money manager, you can see why it can be difficult to write 9 checks to 9 different baby mamas for $4k+ per kid per month; while still trying to "bling bling".

Once again, I'm not trying to make excuses for Travis Henry and Ricky Williams or any other father with back child support. Just stating facts with estimated #s. So please don't reply back with smart ass "Boo Hoo... Cry me a river for poor Travis and Ricky" comments or "Travis is a Bum..." hate rants. I know, they still make millions, more money that a lot of us combined. I guess it's true, more money = more problems.

Here's a phrase/street slang(in no disrepect to anyone anywhere), "Keep a nigga's kid, to keep a nigga."

When those Baby Mamas of Travis Henry and Ricky Williams 1st set eyes on the star football players, I bet most if not all of them saw a gold mine. They were thinking, "$$ ka-ching $$, $$ ka-ching $$," "How can I get paid from that man? Well, If he wont marry me, I'm still getting paid one way or another." and $50k+ a year per is not to bad for supplemental income.

So, how I look at it is, the baby mamas in their situation are not victims. Not only are they getting paid, their wombs were sired by a "Stud" RB. Their kid, if a boy, can potentially grow up to be the next Barry Sanders or Walter Peyton. OK, I'm getting a little to creative here but hopefully a few of you get my humor.

Here is the main point. I watch football and cheer on the stars of my team for what they do on the field. No more, no less. If Travis Henry runs for 2000 yards, 30TDs and takes to the final podium with a Lombardi trophy in his hand, I say he gets a key to the city of Denver. What he does when the helmet is off is his business, just don't let it affect the game. If you don't understand at all what I'm saying, perhaps you shouldn't be watching sports all together. You're probably more suited for the annual poetry read off.

I can back track and name you the last 30 Super Bowl winners in sequential order, but I bet you can't name me the last 2-3 Nobel Piece prize winner. Al Gore... then who...? See my point? you don't care too.

Ziggy
05-12-2008, 08:13 AM

Possibly the funniest post of the year on these boards.:laugh:

atwater27
05-12-2008, 08:26 AM
Yeah. Spay the bum.

Mike
05-12-2008, 08:40 AM
Lighten up, Francis.

LRtagger
05-12-2008, 09:01 AM
oh well...i guess its a good thing we have plenty of other RB's on the roster that aren't prone to injury

WARHORSE
05-12-2008, 10:15 AM

Another comment that reveals the decay we are faced with each day in our country. Like an undetected cavity, the damage wreaked by unresponsible individuals in our society will one day reach the root of it all unless placed in check.

Which room would you rather be in: The room full of people where each person in the room cares for the needs of the rest in the room, or the room full of people who care only about their own needs?

One brings harmony and growth.

One brings gnashing of teeth and destruction.

How ignorant are so many to think that all it takes is a paycheck to take care of a child. (not saying this to belittle anyone natureboy, it simply states what is)

I could care less about football when it comes to children being raised without proper guidance from both their mothers, and more importantly, their fathers. Thats the real reason for the decay thats increasingly eating away at the moral fibres of our country. Must be the new 'Dont look, dont see' policy of unresponsible individuals who consider themselves U.S. citizens, who dont think they actually have any responsibility to their fellow citizens, especially if they dont actually witness whats truly going wrong. Travis Henry should be named Travesty Henry. Cause thats his calling card.

Its the Y generation: Why I gotta do this? Why I gotta do that? Why cant I do what I want? Why? Why? Why?

Bet my bottom dollar Travesty Henry either didnt have a father at home while being raised, or worse, had a father who provided a terrible example for his son.

:mad:

Kaylore
05-12-2008, 10:52 AM
Travis Henry is a douche and people that want to excuse him and make him a hero for playing football are douche-bags. Reading this thread helps reveal who they are.

Henry's messed up a lot of Children's lives by putting them in bad situations because he acted selfishly. Many of them will have issues their whole life because he couldn't figure out where to buy a rubber. When he came to Denver he stopped paying child support and several other bills he owed. There were collections agents chasing him. All the while he continued to smoke weed and then got off on a technicality. He's a drug addict dead-beat dad who's the biggest thing wrong with Black American families and is helping perpetuate that stereotype. I look forward to the day he is released and he starts to make amends to all the children he's hurt.

topscribe
05-12-2008, 10:59 AM
Travis Henry is a douche and people that want to excuse him and make him a hero for playing football are douche-bags. Reading this thread helps reveal who they are.

Henry's messed up a lot of Children's lives by putting them in bad situations because he acted selfishly. Many of them will have issues their whole life because he couldn't figure out where to buy a rubber. When he came to Denver he stopped paying child support and several other bills he owed. There were collections agents chasing him. All the while he continued to smoke weed and then got off on a technicality. He's a drug addict dead-beat dad who's the biggest thing wrong with Black American families and is helping perpetuate that stereotype. I look forward to the day he is released and he starts to make amends to all the children he's hurt.

When Henry came to Denver, my hopes were high. I was immediately a
Henry fan. Since then, I have come to believe that what could have been
one of the best RBs in the league will be little more than an oft-injured
party animal.

I'm hoping against hope that the Broncos have pulled another TD out of the
hat in Torain, or that Young has put on the pounds he said he wanted to,
or that even Hillis might surprise at RB . . . something.

Because I am coming to suspect that Henry won't be there . . .

-----

Kaylore
05-12-2008, 11:28 AM
I don't need or expect another TD. We just need some decent guys that work hard and will get 1200-1400 yards rushing. Someone that can average 4.5 a clip and penetrate in the redzone. I don't care if they go party or get laid all the time. Just do so in a way that it doesn't interfere with work and hurt other people. They don't need to be saints. Lord knows that I'm not. But good grief, can we have some guys that aren't total douche-bags?:tsk:

Lonestar
05-12-2008, 11:48 AM

Great post I agree almost 100% on this.

As far as I can tell he has had zero part in Black families other than to start them..

IMO I'd order him to get a vasectomy if that did not work, castration would happen with the next impregnation..

dogfish
05-12-2008, 12:03 PM
Here is the main point. I watch football and cheer on the stars of my team for what they do on the field. No more, no less. If Travis Henry runs for 2000 yards, 30TDs and takes to the final podium with a Lombardi trophy in his hand, I say he gets a key to the city of Denver. What he does when the helmet is off is his business, just don't let it affect the game. If you don't understand at all what I'm saying, perhaps you shouldn't be watching sports all together. You're probably more suited for the annual poetry read off.

I can back track and name you the last 30 Super Bowl winners in sequential order, but I bet you can't name me the last 2-3 Nobel Piece prize winner. Al Gore... then who...? See my point? you don't care too.

LMAO!!!

:pound:

i "shouldn't be watching sports" because i think travis henry is a douchebag? yea, you're right-- there must be something wrong with me since i actually hold sports figures and entertainers to the same standards of social responsibility as other citizens. . . they should get a free pass to do whatever they want, right? gimme a break. . . .

GEM
05-12-2008, 12:49 PM

Just a bit of FYI...he had to be court mandated to pay child support. He had to ask his employer for an advance to pay for state ORDERED support. You can say it's none of our business, but what he has done OFF the field has effected his availability on the field.

GEM
05-12-2008, 12:56 PM
If my memory serves me correct, Ricky Williams just like Travis Henry has multiple "baby mamas", 5+ or so and I remember reading somewhere that each of his kids was ordered to receive $50k+ a year in child support. Just like Travis Henry, Ricky Williams had back child support payments he owed. I read this just before he decided to go long term camping in Australia to live off nature and MaryJane when the NFL decided to suspend him.

I'm not making up excuses for Ricky's and Travis' inability to pay their baby mamas. My point is, how much a guy has to pay in child support is dependent on how much money the guy makes and I personally think it can be excessive. I'm sure this is dependent on each individual state but I'm also sure they're not all that different.

Now, Travis Henry has 9 illegitimate kids. 9 x $50k+ per year = $950k-$1mil(est.) a year to be paid with his NFL check after the IRS takes their share. I don't have the exact numbers on Travis Henry's tax return in the past and what is expected the next couple of years but as we can see, it's not chump change. My rough estimate, his kids and baby mama combine take 1/3, the IRS takes 1/3 and he gets about 1/3 of what we read he makes on the paper every time he signs the dotted line. Unless he has a good accountant/money manager, you can see why it can be difficult to write 9 checks to 9 different baby mamas for $4k+ per kid per month; while still trying to "bling bling".

Once again, I'm not trying to make excuses for Travis Henry and Ricky Williams or any other father with back child support. Just stating facts with estimated #s. So please don't reply back with smart ass "Boo Hoo... Cry me a river for poor Travis and Ricky" comments or "Travis is a Bum..." hate rants. I know, they still make millions, more money that a lot of us combined. I guess it's true, more money = more problems.

Here's a phrase/street slang(in no disrepect to anyone anywhere), "Keep a nigga's kid, to keep a nigga."

When those Baby Mamas of Travis Henry and Ricky Williams 1st set eyes on the star football players, I bet most if not all of them saw a gold mine. They were thinking, "$$ ka-ching $$, $$ ka-ching $$," "How can I get paid from that man? Well, If he wont marry me, I'm still getting paid one way or another." and $50k+ a year per is not to bad for supplemental income.

So, how I look at it is, the baby mamas in their situation are not victims. Not only are they getting paid, their wombs were sired by a "Stud" RB. Their kid, if a boy, can potentially grow up to be the next Barry Sanders or Walter Peyton. OK, I'm getting a little to creative here but hopefully a few of you get my humor.

There is a prettty easy way to avoid paying all this crazy amount of cash to baby mama's....don't have kids. If you don't like 50% of your check going to baby mama's...don't have sex. It's a show of his character. Sadly....even if he hit 2000 yds, 30 tds and hoists the Lombardi...he'll still have 9 kids that are going without because he's too busy buying a Maserati and bling.

Nature Boy
05-12-2008, 01:33 PM
Who cares? Have you met Travis Henry? Are you the one stuck watching these kids or splitting the bill to care for them? Go adopt these kids of his or other kids from 1/2 way around the world like Angelina Jolie or donate $0.87 a day if you care so much.

My point is, Travis Henry is not someone you know of that affects you in anyway directly other than what he can or can't do on the field on Sundays. Would you even mention his name if he was not a Bronco, NO. So let's not pretend like you give a rat's ass for this particular common social problem so you can get a pat on the back from you internet buddies.

Deadbeat dads, "Baby Mamas" without "Baby Daddies" around is a common problem in all races, just more prevalent in the Black Communities. But if you arn't one, it's none of your business. There are child support laws to deter this kind of irresponsible behavior.

If Travis Henry can achieve 2000 yards, 30TDs and a Super Bowl Ring in 2008, I say Bowlen gives him a huge bonus so he can have another 5 more illegitimate kids to whom he'll have to pay $50k+ a year in child support to the "Baby Mamas". The kids will grow up living large with the pedigree to potentially be a supreme athlete and can also brag to their friends, "Yea my Dad is Travis Henry, he's a Football star just like what I'm gonna be."

Nature Boy
05-12-2008, 01:39 PM
I personally think educating young kids is the way to curb the decaying moral fiber of this country. But the government would rather lock these people up when they get older rather than educate them when they were kids. And it's these people's troubled kids that will grow up to become just like them and the problem is perpetuated generation after generation.

Now, let's not go and stereotype Black Americans as the only race with deadbeat dads. The problem resides widely around White people too, some would call them "white trash".

GEM
05-12-2008, 01:51 PM
Who cares? Have you met Travis Henry? Are you the one stuck watching these kids or splitting the bill to care for them? Go adopt these kids of his or other kids from 1/2 way around the world like Angelina Jolie or donate $0.87 a day if you care so much.

My point is, Travis Henry is not someone you know of that affects you in anyway directly other than what he can or can't do on the field on Sundays. Would you even mention his name if he was not a Bronco, NO. So let's not pretend like you give a rat's ass for this particular common social problem so you can get a pat on the back from you internet buddies.

Deadbeat dads, "Baby Mamas" without "Baby Daddies" around is a common problem in all races, just more prevalent in the Black Communities. But if you arn't one, it's none of your business. There are child support laws to deter this kind of irresponsible behavior.

If Travis Henry can achieve 2000 yards, 30TDs and a Super Bowl Ring in 2008, I say Bowlen gives him a huge bonus so he can have another 5 more illegitimate kids to whom he'll have to pay $50k+ a year in child support to the "Baby Mamas". The kids will grow up living large with the pedigree to potentially be a supreme athlete and can also brag to their friends, "Yea my Dad is Travis Henry, he's a Football star just like what I'm gonna be."

Nope, but my kids dad is just like him, so I speak from experience. It is a social problem that I give a shit about because I deal with it every day of my life.

So while you put him up on a pedastal and ride his ass like a star horse in the Kentucky Derby, I hold people to higher standards. I won't cheer for him if he gets to 2000 yds, I think he's a disgusting piece of trash and no it doesn't matter what color a man is. My ex is a white dead beat dad.So what.

His kids don't grow up with that mentality. They know their dad is just a paycheck, he doesn't even know most of them. If you give a child the choice of their mom's getting money or having a relationship with the child, they will choose the relationship.

Child support laws are an absolute joke. Have you gone through it? If not, then shut up and quit acting like you've been in the shoes. Unless you are a deadbeat dad? That's the only reason I could see you sticking up for that douchebag.

:coffee:

Nature Boy
05-12-2008, 01:54 PM
If I were a scientist, I would attribute going around and siring multiple mates is a good way to insure that you have produced the strongest kid to carry your gene line. The same is true for females too. It's called natural selection.

I guess you can also attribute to why Black People are so athletic in ratio and in general to all the other races.

Now, don't get all your panties into a bunch here. I was just being funny but it's true at the same time just as I do in all my post.

topscribe
05-12-2008, 01:59 PM
If I were a scientist, I would attribute going around and siring multiple mates is a good way to insure that you have produced the strongest kid to carry your gene line. The same is true for females too. It's called natural selection.

I guess you can also attribute to why Black People are so athletic in ratio and in general to all the other races.

Now, don't get all your panties into a bunch here. I was just being funny but it's true at the same time just as I do in all my post.

:confused:

It's beginning to look as if you'd better take your argument to P&R . . .

-----

Nature Boy
05-12-2008, 02:15 PM
Nope, but my kids dad is just like him, so I speak from experience. It is a social problem that I give a shit about because I deal with it every day of my life.

So while you put him up on a pedastal and ride his ass like a star horse in the Kentucky Derby, I hold people to higher standards. I won't cheer for him if he gets to 2000 yds, I think he's a disgusting piece of trash and no it doesn't matter what color a man is. My ex is a white dead beat dad.So what.

His kids don't grow up with that mentality. They know their dad is just a paycheck, he doesn't even know most of them. If you give a child the choice of their mom's getting money or having a relationship with the child, they will choose the relationship.

Child support laws are an absolute joke. Have you gone through it? If not, then shut up and quit acting like you've been in the shoes. Unless you are a deadbeat dad? That's the only reason I could see you sticking up for that douchebag.

No, I am not a deadbeat dad. At least not that I know of. haha... kidding.

Here's another thing to ponder. 50% of marriages in America end up in divorce. Women cheat on their men just as much as men cheat on their women, if not more. Do you know why? I blame it on women's independent-ism. Doesn't the bible say divorce is a no no or something?

Back then, a woman stood by their man thru thick and thin, now they are too shrewed which will cause a relationship to break apart. They catch another women's voice on the other end of their husband's phone and it's a fast track one way divorce and the wife wants everything. It really takes a strong women to hold a relationship together as most men are overgrown kids. That is why the mother is the core of the family. The dad's duties are to provide food and fend off danger.

Nature Boy
05-12-2008, 02:18 PM

It's beginning to look as if you'd better take your argument to P&R . . .

-----

Yes, you're right. But they're the ones who keep mixing Travis Henry's football life with his personal life.

Not I, I watch and cheer Travis Henry the football player, not the multiple "Baby Mama" having dad.

BroncoJoe
05-12-2008, 02:19 PM
Henry's trash as a human being, and not a great football player either.

TheReverend
05-12-2008, 02:22 PM

I still see a pretty big difference here...

Odds are a good portion (if not all) of these women also saw a paycheck and were more than happy to partake in the activity without protection.

That doesn't absolve Travis of responsibility, but it takes 2 to tango.

I'm guessing your situation didn't go down like that, but I could be wrong.

Kaylore
05-12-2008, 02:23 PM
Yes, you're right. But they're the ones who keep mixing Travis Henry's football life with his personal life.

Not I, I watch and cheer Travis Henry the football player, not the multiple "Baby Mama" having dad.

They're the same thing.

Nature Boy
05-12-2008, 02:25 PM
Just a bit of FYI...he had to be court mandated to pay child support. He had to ask his employer for an advance to pay for state ORDERED support. You can say it's none of our business, but what he has done OFF the field has effected his availability on the field.

I somewhat agree, but it's only partially the problem that slowed Travis Henry's 2007 season when he at 1st roared out the gates.

More of a road block last year for Henry were the drug test controversy, his injuries to his ankle and knee and the decimated O-line. The "Baby Mamas" wanting their $4200 x 9 a month check I thought, was the least of hinderence of his 2007 football season.

HolyDiver

Henry's personal life IS effecting his football life...............It has to be. All that stress knowing you have 8-10 different women coming after you for money................That's ten times worse than the IRS.

TheReverend
There is a prettty easy way to avoid paying all this crazy amount of cash to baby mama's....don't have kids. If you don't like 50% of your check going to baby mama's...don't have sex. It's a show of his character. Sadly....even if he hit 2000 yds, 30 tds and hoists the Lombardi...he'll still have 9 kids that are going without because he's too busy buying a Maserati and bling.

If he hits 2000 and 30 tds, I'll take one of his kids.

Hell give me 4 of em. One of em's gotta be able to play.

Nature Boy
05-12-2008, 02:26 PM
They're the same thing.

sure, you're entitled to your opinion but i disagree.

Nature Boy
05-12-2008, 02:27 PM
If he hits 2000 and 30 tds, I'll take one of his kids.

Hell give me 4 of em. One of em's gotta be able to play.

Would you take any of his kids minus the $4200 a month check? Probably not.

Lonestar
05-12-2008, 02:28 PM

Here's another thing to ponder. 50% of marriages in America end up in divorce. Women cheat on their men just as much as men cheat on their women, if not more. Do you know why? I blame it on women's independent-ism. Doesn't the bible say divorce is a no no or something?

Back then, a woman stood by their man thru thick and thin, now they are too shrewed which will cause a relationship to break apart. They catch another women's voice on the other end of their husband's phone and it's a fast track one way divorce and the wife wants everything. It really takes a strong women to hold a relationship together as most men are overgrown kids. That is why the mother is the core of the family. The dad's duties are to provide food and fend off danger.

Last warning take this to P and R. or further posts will be deleted..

Nature Boy
05-12-2008, 02:28 PM
Henry's personal life IS effecting his football life...............It has to be. All that stress knowing you have 8-10 different women coming after you for money................That's ten times worse than the IRS.

I somewhat agree, but it's only partially the problem that slowed Travis Henry's 2007 season when he at 1st roared out the gates.

More of a road block last year for Henry were the drug test controversy, his injuries to his ankle and knee and the decimated O-line. The "Baby Mamas" wanting their $4200 x 9 a month check I thought, was the least of hinderence of his 2007 football season.

reread.

Kaylore
05-12-2008, 02:38 PM
sure, you're entitled to your opinion but i disagree.

It's not an opinion. The man in your sig is a deadbeat dad. The children don't magically disappear when puts on the uniform. How old are you?

HolyDiver
05-12-2008, 02:40 PM
Sometimes I really think I just need to start defending all people that are Irish and English no mater what they did.

Nature Boy
05-12-2008, 02:48 PM
It's not an opinion. The man in your sig is a deadbeat dad. The children don't magically disappear when puts on the uniform. How old are you?

So what does being a dead beat dad have to do with being a Running back in the NFL?

His problems on the field has season had to do with injuries, a dreadful O-line and the drug test controversy a lot more so than his numerous kids.

In fact, one would say, cause you have so many mouths to feed, you would be pressed to work that much harder. Capeesh? Comprende? Understand? Agree? partially?

GEM
05-12-2008, 02:53 PM

I really wouldn't know. The reason I left my ex is because he beat the crap out of me and decided drugs were far more important than wife and kids. I guess with your logic, I should have just stayed with him, continue the beatings and let my kids live with a dad who used drugs intraveniously? Wow, if that's your logic, it sucks.

I didn't get anything when we seperated, nor did I want anything. I stuck by him for 14 years and that was far more than enough.

The bible also says that adultery is wrong. That is an even street there. The problem with the world today is people view marriage as an easily dissolvable function. Perhaps if people went into it without the thought of how easy it is to get out, they wouldn't jump in so quickly. I don't think that was the core of your initial post. You said it's none of our business that a man has 9 kids with different women and as long as he succeeds on the field, you'll support him. I'm sorry your standards are so low.

Perhaps I jumped a bit harshly on you, but since you don't know the women's case, you shouldn't judge so quickly. Most men don't even have a clue the cost of raising kids. Perhaps because during the marriage they let the wife take care of everything. More immature excuse bull.

topscribe
05-12-2008, 02:57 PM
So what does being a dead beat dad have to do with being a Running back in the NFL?

His problems on the field has season had to do with injuries, a dreadful O-line and the drug test controversy a lot more so than his numerous kids.

In fact, one would say, cause you have so many mouths to feed, you would be pressed to work that much harder. Capeesh? Comprende? Understand? Agree? partially?

It's more than that. These players are role models to our kids. This may be
partly what is bothering Kaylore about it. And I agree. I don't care whether it
is the 53rd guy on the squad or Tom Brady himself: If they are going to set an
example of drugs and debauchery, then they don't belong in professional sports.

-----

Nature Boy
05-12-2008, 03:13 PM
Gem, I was not referring to you when I made a post above. I was only pointing out what I think is a common hypothetic scenario.

14 years of physical abuse and drug use, I think you were in that marriage 13.5 years too long.

That is right, the law allows marriage to dissolve way too easily and one can say it's why America's moral fiber have diminished.

I don't expect nothing from people on TV cause I don't know them. I don't even care what my neighbor does cause it's none of my dam business. Even if he beat his wife cause dinner was not prepared to his liking, I will not bash down his door and tell him he's a douche bag and that he should stop. I wouldn't like it if someone told me what to do or how to live, unless they deposited money into my bank account. So I say, **** and mind your own business.

What Travis Henry does has no direct bearing on me so I don't care. Now if he fumbles the ball at the 1 yard line when we're about to score and advance onto the playoffs... that's a different story and it's too violent for me to describe on this PG forum.

Nature Boy
05-12-2008, 03:24 PM
It's more than that. These players are role models to our kids. This may be
partly what is bothering Kaylore about it. And I agree. I don't care whether it
is the 53rd guy on the squad or Tom Brady himself: If they are going to set an
example of drugs and debauchery, then they don't belong in professional sports.

-----

Charles Barkley said it best. "I am not your kid's role model, you are. I only play basketball." or something in that matter.

If your kid is depending on TV as what is instilling values into him, you're probably not doing a great job yourself as a dad.

Of all the things we see on TV, the nightly news and music, I think a couple of athletes with a tendency to "Hit it and Quite it" is nothing worth mentioning.

Now, I bet all this "I hate Travis Henry" talk will go away by mid season when Travis Henry goes on a terror and I will be here to remind all you Travis Haters.

My favorite Sports figures are Mike Tyson, Micheal Jordan, John Elway, Lawrence Taylor and Champ Bailey in no particular order. Can you see the pattern?

pnbronco
05-12-2008, 03:29 PM
I think part of the reason it has bother people, myself included, that he fathered so many children is that it gives a window to his ability to make or not make good choices. The fact that they are with so many different women shows a lack of discipline and basic logic. So it makes me wonder what kind of risks is this guy putting himself in off the field, will it have a roll down the hill effect?

I read that John Lynch is working out 3 times a day to make sure he is the best he can be on the field. That gives me a different type of security that his mind, body and heart are in the game than I get from hearing about Travis Henry's off field problems. To use John Lynch again the other off field article I heard was his banquet and scholarship program that he did last week.

I have a 20 year old and a 18 year old. It has been the hardest job I have ever done to raise these kids. They are exposed to so much and lot of it is not good. It is really naive to think that children do not look to professional athletics as role models, whether they deserve it or not.

I think there are still a lot of fans that are upset that Henry was involved in the whole pot thing last year, it did affect the team. I also think that most people still believe that he was guilty and got away with it. So it's not surprising that fans are not willing to give him a lot of slack and it's up to him to prove he is worth the second chance.

topscribe
05-12-2008, 03:30 PM
Charles Barkley said it best. "I am not your kid's role model, you are. I only play basketball." or something in that matter.

If your kid is depending on TV as what is instilling values into him, you're probably not doing a great job yourself as a dad.

Of all the things we see on TV, the nightly news and music, I think a couple of athletes with a tendency to "Hit it and Quite it" is nothing worth mentioning.

Now, I bet all this "I hate Travis Henry" talk will go away by mid season when Travis Henry goes on a terror and I will be here to remind all you Travis Haters.

My favorite Sports figures are Mike Tyson, Micheal Jordan, John Elway, Lawrence Taylor and Champ Bailey in no particular order. Can you see the pattern?

Charles Barkley didn't raise my kids. I did.

Charles Barkley is not my grandkids' grandfather. I am.

As I have served in those capacities, I have observed that athletes wield
a tremendous influence on kids who idolize them, who like to dream they
are like them. Anything these guys do is just all right with those kids.

We are dealing with little human beings who have not developed the ability
of rational thought, who cannot yet decipher the "why's" of the world. What
they have to go on is the example of those they admire.

Deuchebags do not belong in professional sports. Period.

-----

Lonestar
05-12-2008, 03:32 PM
I think part of the reason it has bother people, myself included, that he fathered so many children is that it gives a window to his ability to make or not make good choices. The fact that they are with so many different women shows a lack of discipline and basic logic. So it makes me wonder what kind of risks is this guy putting himself in off the field, will it have a roll down the hill effect?

I read that John Lynch is working out 3 times a day to make sure he is the best he can be on the field. That gives me a different type of security that his mind, body and heart are in the game than I get from hearing about Travis Henry's off field problems. To use John Lynch again the other off field article I heard was his banquet and scholarship program that he did last week.

I have a 20 year old and a 18 year old. It has been the hardest job I have ever done to raise these kids. They are exposed to so much and lot of it is not good. It is really naive to think that children do not look to professional athletics as role models, whether they deserve it or not.

I think there are still a lot of fans that are upset that Henry was involved in the whole pot thing last year, it did affect the team. I also think that most people still believe that he was guilty and got away with it. So it's not surprising that fans are not willing to give him a lot of slack and it's up to him to prove he is worth the second chance.

Outstanding post in this area..

GEM
05-12-2008, 03:32 PM
Gem, I was not referring to you when I made a post above. I was only pointing out what I think is a common hypothetic scenario.

14 years of physical abuse and drug use, I think you were in that marriage 13.5 years too long.

That is right, the law allows marriage to dissolve way too easily and one can say it's why America's moral fiber have diminished.

I don't expect nothing from people on TV cause I don't know them. I don't even care what my neighbor does cause it's none of my dam business. Even if he beat his wife cause dinner was not prepared to his liking, I will not bash down his door and tell him he's a douche bag and that he should stop. I wouldn't like it if someone told me what to do or how to live, unless they deposited money into my bank account. So I say, **** and mind your own business.

What Travis Henry does has no direct bearing on me so I don't care. Now if he fumbles the ball at the 1 yard line when we're about to score and advance onto the playoffs... that's a different story and it's too violent for me to describe on this PG forum.

He's done that....:whistle: Against the Raiders I think it was?

I guess the goings on in the world piss me off more than a Broncos game. :shrug:

It's easy to say it's none of your business when a person has never done such things to you. I lump all dead beat dads together, not by my own choice, but by their own actions. They don't like, fix it. Pretty simple.

LRtagger
05-12-2008, 03:42 PM

Who are Travis Henry's kids supposed to look up to?

Kaylore
05-12-2008, 03:47 PM

How old are you?

Nature Boy
05-12-2008, 03:48 PM
Outstanding post in this area..

1st of all, stop side busting if you've got nothing to substantial to input. You're the one who wanted to shut down this thread when Topscribe was already on top of it.

I bet all you guys would be singing a different tune right now if Henry never got injured, had 1250 yards, 12 TDs and we made the playoffs despite Henry's 9 "baby mamas" and his failed drug tests.

I see your guys' and gals' point.
I am not a father but I think that even if I were, I still wouldn't feel differently about Travis Henry. I would not allow what some TV figure does to affect how my kid thinks, his bloodline is not that stupid. That is what school, parents and homework is for.

Mike
05-12-2008, 03:50 PM

Charles Barkley? :confused:

Nature Boy
05-12-2008, 03:52 PM

Their Mama and Uncles and step daddy. And why is it your business to ask? That's the main point.

Henry is paid to carry a brown odd shape ball past a gauntlet of angry beastly men with bad intentions. All you should care about is if he is good at it or not, just like me.

Kaylore
05-12-2008, 03:53 PM
Charles Barkley? :confused:

:laugh:I love this argument. "We don't want to be role models."

Well guess what, Charles? Every job has something about it that you don't like to do. You get paid millions of dollars to play a game. You also get to be role models and will lose endorsements if your public image isn't good. Welcome to the working world.:coffee:

BroncoJoe
05-12-2008, 03:53 PM
Their Mama and Uncles and step daddy. And why is it your business to ask? That's the main point.

Henry is paid to carry a brown odd shape ball past a gauntlet of angry beastly men with bad intentions. All you should care about is if he is good at it or not, just like me.

Some of us choose to look beyond football, and consider things that actually matter.

We can dislike people that we view tastless and irresponsible with a total lack of self control. Just because he wears a Broncos uniform doesn't mean I have to like him.

topscribe
05-12-2008, 03:54 PM
1st of all, stop side busting if you've got nothing to substantial to input. You're the one who wanted to shut down this thread when Topscribe was already on top of it.

I bet all you guys would be singing a different tune right now if Henry never got injured, had 1250 yards, 12 TDs and we made the playoffs despite Henry's 9 "baby mamas" and his failed drug tests.

I see your guys' and gals' point.
I am not a father but I think that even if I were, I still wouldn't feel differently about Travis Henry. I would not allow what some TV figure does to affect how my kid thinks, his bloodline is not that stupid. That is what school, parents and homework is for.

JR has contributed substantial posts for years . . . long before we ever knew you existed.

And no, those of us with the right values would NOT be "singing a different tune,"
even if Henry broke TD's record. Values and morals have nothing to do with touchdowns
and yards gained . . .

-----

Nature Boy
05-12-2008, 03:54 PM
His kids can also look up to that $4k+ a month check. They'll "Bling Bling" their merry way to a private school if their Mama is a good Mama.

Nature Boy
05-12-2008, 03:56 PM
JR has contributed substantial posts for years . . . long before we knew you existed.

And no, those of us with the right values would NOT be "singing a different tune,"
even if Henry broke TD's record. Values and morals have nothing to do with touchdowns
and yards gained . . .

-----

JR was the buzzkill late in this thread.

And sure, you'll be the 1st one in line to carry and wash Travis Henry's jocks at the end of every game if he broke the TD record.

topscribe
05-12-2008, 03:57 PM

And sure, you'll be the 1st to carry and wash Travis Henry's jocks if he broke the TD record.

You have a lot to learn about me, son. :coffee:

-----

Nature Boy
05-12-2008, 03:58 PM
chill out old timer, it's a joke.

BroncoJoe
05-12-2008, 04:00 PM

And sure, you'll be the 1st to carry and wash Travis Henry's jocks if he broke the TD record.

I would be hugely disappointed that a man with a moral compass that only point's due South would achieve something like that.

They typically don't though, so I'm not really worried. Hell, he won't even make it through the year without getting injured. If he does, it'll only be his second.

BroncoJoe
05-12-2008, 04:08 PM
His kids can also look up to that $4k+ a month check. They'll "Bling Bling" their merry way to a private school if their Mama is a good Mama.

I guess, with this post, I'm starting to understand you a bit better.

Sad, really.

Nature Boy
05-12-2008, 04:13 PM
I would be hugely disappointed that a man with a moral compass that only point's due South would achieve something like that.

They typically don't though, so I'm not really worried. Hell, he won't even make it through the year without getting injured. If he does, it'll only be his second.

Please refer to my signature.

I guess, with this post, I'm starting to understand you a bit better.

Sad, really.

and thanks. Mr. Moral patrol.

BroncoJoe
05-12-2008, 04:14 PM
Please refer to my signature.

I have sigs off. Probably something obnoxious.

and thanks. Mr. Moral patrol.

You're quite welcome.

GEM
05-12-2008, 04:16 PM

I laid off, but this comment is BS. A kid doesn't want a damn paycheck. A mom, if she is a good one, wants a father to be a father, not a paycheck. I would rather my kids have a relationship with their father than child support.

I wanted that so much that for a year straight I drove my kids 50 miles each direction to take them to see their dad, regardless if he paid child support or not. That's how much I think a father means to a girl or boy.

You must have never grown up without a father, because had you, you would know that a father is much more than a paycheck.

Irritating all this talk you are doing, yet you don't know a thing about the subject you are blabbing about.

Nature Boy
05-12-2008, 04:19 PM
If Mike Shanahan and especially Pat Bowlen(it's his money) doesn't mind, being that he's still on the team for all his immorality, why do so many of you Mr. Perfects care so much?

Is it really Travis henry's character or his rough 1st year in Denver. I'm thinking mostly the bad year.

It's only business and Mike Shanny/Pat Bowlen doesn't care. Travis Henry already restructured and he's vowed to make right for the management, team and the few fans that supported him.

LRtagger
05-12-2008, 04:22 PM

If everything outside of the circle of my own family and friends was none of my business, I wouldn't bother turning on the news or donating my money to charity, etc.

If it were any other douchebag having illegitimate children with multiple women (professional athlete or not), I wouldn't think highly of them nor would I praise them for what they have accomplished in their professional career. If a saleman at my company had 10 kids with 10 different women but was able to land a $30mil project, I would still think the guy was a douchebag and not worth the $20 hairgel that was holding his hair from his forehead.

There are much more important things in the world than rushing for X amount of yards or winning football games. Perhaps when you have a child of your own you will see it differently. Henry could break every record in the books, it still wont change the fact that he is a scumbag (see Barry Bonds).

Nature Boy
05-12-2008, 04:24 PM
I laid off, but this comment is BS. A kid doesn't want a damn paycheck. A mom, if she is a good one, wants a father to be a father, not a paycheck. I would rather my kids have a relationship with their father than child support.

I wanted that so much that for a year straight I drove my kids 50 miles each direction to take them to see their dad, regardless if he paid child support or not. That's how much I think a father means to a girl or boy.

You must have never grown up without a father, because had you, you would know that a father is much more than a paycheck.

Irritating all this talk you are doing, yet you don't know a thing about the subject you are blabbing about.

Did you understand the phrase/street slang, "Keep a nigga's baby to keep a nigga?"

If you've paid attention to my post, you'd know that I was only kidding about the kid being happy with his $4.2k a month check.

Yes, I had a mom and dad growing up and yes, I think it'd be detrimental if I didn't have either one of them together with me.

GEM
05-12-2008, 04:25 PM
If Mike Shanahan and especially Pat Bowlen(it's his money) doesn't mind, being that he's still on the team for all his immorality, why do so many of you Mr. Perfects care so much?

Is it really Travis henry's character or his rough 1st year in Denver. I'm thinking mostly the bad year.

It's only business and Mike Shanny/Pat Bowlen doesn't care. Travis Henry already restructured and he's vowed to make right for the management, team and the few fans that supported him.

I judge him on being a person before a football player.

He sucks as a person, and he pretty much sucks as a football player too.

Bringing him up in the same sentence with broken records and TD.....:laugh: Henry doesn't even compare. They aren't in the same zip code, hell they aren't even in the same galaxy talent wise......TD had talent and Henry ain't got none.

tubby
05-12-2008, 04:26 PM
Hopefully Travis Henry is a changed man. Yes he has made his share of mistakes. At this point his future is more important to me than his past.

GEM
05-12-2008, 04:27 PM
Did you understand the phrase/street slang, "Keep a nigga's baby to keep a nigga?"

If you've paid attention to my post, you'd know that I was only kidding about the kid being happy with his $4.2k a month check.

Yes, I had a mom and dad growing up and yes, I think it'd be detrimental if I didn't have either one of them together with me.

If you have to have a baby, to "keep a nigga" he isn't worth keeping...

broncogirl7
05-12-2008, 04:31 PM

I seriously doubt the "bling, Bling" will mean anything to the kids...other than re-affirming that their father doesn't give a rat's ass about them. Money doesn't mean anything if Henry is not there to serve in a loving, fatherly manner.

topscribe
05-12-2008, 04:31 PM

So which of the nine (that we know of) kept Henry? :shocked:

-----

Nature Boy
05-12-2008, 04:32 PM
Henry could break every record in the books, it still wont change the fact that he is a scumbag (see Barry Bonds).

So what. He'd still be a kick ass RB.

Once again, My list of all time favorite sports figures are Mike Tyson, Micheal Jordan, John Elway, Lawrance Taylor and Champ Bailey.

What they have in common is their all the best at what they did. They're all abnormalities, Freaks of Nature.

Heck, I event admire Adolf Hitler, Napoleon, Alexander, not for all the cruel things they've done, but for the accomplishments they were able to achieve.

Nature Boy
05-12-2008, 04:35 PM
So which of the nine (that we know of) kept Henry? :shocked:

-----

Do I really have to explain this? You been cool Topscribe, I don't want to have to refer you to my sig.

Neither one of the 9 kept Henry, but they attempted to. Planned Parenthood is just down the street but they were hopeful to either keep Henry, or at least have a hook on him for the $4.2k per month.

MOtorboat
05-12-2008, 04:35 PM
Do I really have to explain this? You been cool Topscribe, I don't want to have to refer you to my sig.

Neither one of the 9 kept Henry, but they attempted to. Planned Parenthood is just down the street but they were hopeful to either keep Henry, or at least have a hook on him for the $4.2k per month.

What happens when you're the one that doesn't know what he's talking about?

GEM
05-12-2008, 04:37 PM

Quickest way to avoid a gold digger is to wear protection....hell he's got enough money....cut the mfer off.

BroncoJoe
05-12-2008, 04:37 PM
What happens when you're the one that doesn't know what he's talking about?

He refers to his signature.

Nature Boy
05-12-2008, 04:40 PM
Quickest way to avoid a gold digger is to wear protection....hell he's got enough money....cut the mfer off.

Much like Miller Lite commercials. "Taste great, Less feeling." :laugh::wave::sad: haha

Nature Boy
05-12-2008, 04:44 PM

And O yea, Bronco Joe, Coors Light sucks. and by the way, the ladies bathroom is down the hall on your 1st right, not the 2nd.

GEM
05-12-2008, 04:44 PM
Much like Miller Lite commercials. "Taste great, Less feeling." :laugh::wave::sad: haha

Exactly. He couldn't afford a box of magnums? Wonder if he's having issues getting laid these days....all those gold diggers done found him out. Somehow I certainly doubt it... young, dumb and full of....

BroncoJoe
05-12-2008, 04:45 PM
And O yea, Bronco Joe, Coors Light sucks. and by the way, the ladies bathroom is down the hall on your 1st right, not the 2nd.

Funny guy. What septic tank did you crawl out of anyway?

Nature Boy
05-12-2008, 04:46 PM
Exactly. He couldn't afford a box of magnums? Wonder if he's having issues getting laid these days....all those gold diggers done found him out. Somehow I certainly doubt it... young, dumb and full of....

I hope you got my joke about the Miller Lite commercial.

topscribe
05-12-2008, 04:51 PM

I've seen pictures of Joe.

Be glad you're not saying that to his face. :nod:

-----

NameUsedBefore
05-12-2008, 04:53 PM

That or he's buying magnums when it's obvious he shouldn't be.

Zing.

BroncoJoe
05-12-2008, 04:55 PM
http://bp2.blogger.com/_jgyugzLdbng/RtUAWd9OP-I/AAAAAAAAApM/hkvUL9UPHzM/s1600/Travis%2BHenry.jpeg

topscribe
05-12-2008, 04:56 PM
Okay, we're all starting to get a bit too personal here.

The topic is Henry, right? :focus:

-----

Nickademus
05-12-2008, 05:09 PM

Dude can you please tell me how in the hell you can make 50k times 9 a million bucks? that is some crazy math right there and if it works could you please apply it to my bank accounts and childrens college funds? even when you break it down to 4k per month per kid that is only like 432000 so again I am beggin ya please be my accountant!

NameUsedBefore
05-12-2008, 05:23 PM
What a *******.

Rough estimating. Of all that is said the last 20-30 post, all you have in reply to is some rough math? You really need to refer to my avatar.

9 x $50k+ per year = $950k-$1mil(est.)

you see that? $950k to $1mil estimated.

Please just sit down, son.

I'm pretty crappy at math, but just for reference I do believe 50 x 9 != anywhere close to one million.

Kaylore
05-12-2008, 05:25 PM
Heck, I event admire Adolf Hitler, Napoleon, Alexander, not for all the cruel things they've done, but for the accomplishments they were able to achieve.

Wow. Well I'm done with you. You are obviously some spoiled teenager talking out of his hind quarters.

There. I have now given you the honor of being the first person on my Ignore list. **EDIT**

Drill-N-Fill
05-12-2008, 05:39 PM
Dude can you please tell me how in the hell you can make 50k times 9 a million bucks? that is some crazy math right there and if it works could you please apply it to my bank accounts and childrens college funds? even when you break it down to 4k per month per kid that is only like 432000 so again I am beggin ya please be my accountant!

Why? Do you really want to pay 1 Mill when you only have to pay 500K? :shocked:

Maybe he's taking into account the 9 kids we DON'T know about.

underrated29
05-12-2008, 05:40 PM
950K- would equal 105k each.

Or he could have 18 kids at 4.39k per month and get to 950k

Or he could have 9 1/2 kids at 8k per month and get close.

Or- we can estimate that your estimates are not very good when estimating numbers or the intelligence of the other members of the board. All 950k of them- <-- thats just an estimate.

topscribe
05-12-2008, 05:40 PM
Please refer to my avatar.

9 x $50k+ per year = $950k-$1mil(est.)

If you don't stop referring to it, I'm going to remove it for you.

-----

Nature Boy
05-12-2008, 05:48 PM
Why? Do you really want to pay 1 Mill when you only have to pay 500K? :shocked:

Maybe he's taking into account the 9 kids we DON'T know about.

That's right. He's helping his twin brother pay his share too.

I goofed on the math. I was thinking 19 x 50.

Timmy!
05-12-2008, 06:14 PM
*yawn*

Scarface
05-12-2008, 10:31 PM
You have no clue what it is to be a real man if you find excuse with Travis Henry's off the field problems. It's beyond deplorable what he has done.

Nature Boy
05-12-2008, 10:48 PM
Apparently you didn't read my last page worth of post. I don't condone what Travis Henry does off the field, at the same time I don't care what Travis Henry does. I don't know him and what he does in his private life no way affects my me. and it's definitely not my business. I don't care for man soap. I'm just bold enough to say it while all you guys are too worry about getting your internet buddies to give you a nod, thumbs up, a pat in the back, saying good job boy.

Before you go and make a meaningless comment about me about how to be a man, try to make sense of what I'm talking about. This is about football, not moral theory, right? Let's leave that discussion to the community college classes that you attend.

Mike Shanahan and Pat Bowlen, the guy who signs his million dollar check don't mind, why should a couple of think they know it all fans?

WARHORSE
05-12-2008, 11:53 PM

Under your line of thought (if you want to call it that), we should shut our mouths about the fact that someone killed Darrent Williams. Under your line of thought why should we care if Henry kills and rapes on his own time? Under your line of thought, its not any of our business if he tells his kids to take the money and F-off. Under your line of thinking, each of us can go out and screw as many women as possible, no need to use protection, and not care about how many kids we have, and its none of your damn business. Under your line of thought, as a matter of fact, what I do is my business, and my business only, even if Im the mailman........which includes moonlighting as the uni-bomber.

All I should care about is whether someone entertains me or not.

Since your father has failed to tell you, maybe someone should: You have some serious reality issues.

Educating fatherless children is the answer?

Puleeze.

If I have no moral responsibility to recognize whats wrong with Travesty Henry, then what makes you think someone else-mama, uncles, aunties, step-daddies-of these kids has any physical responsibilities to these same kids?

Under your line of thinking, Travis should send the paycheck, and the mama should hand it over to the kid, and say, 'have a good life'. Afterall, shes no more responsible than Travesty, right? Under your line of thinking that is.

And then after all that, you think its the governments responsibility to make sure these parentless children get an education, so that these kids can turn into functioning adults?

Youre in la-la land dude.

You think an education will comfort these kids when theyre wondering whats wrong with themselves that would make their parents abandon them? You think an education will teach a young boy how to face his fears, choose his battles, and be responsible so that you are able to lead people rather than be led? So that you can feed, rather than be fed? So that you can reason, rather than be reasoned?

Some of these kids are going to be real problem bringers, and screw em all as long as I dont have to see it in my neighborhood, right?

As I stated before, youve stated the painfully obvious decay in our society, and youve only shown us once again what we face. Who's we?

We who have learned to be responsible, because responsibility is a crown that belongs to everyone, but is worn by too few.

Parentless children grow up to be parentless adults. And most will learn to do the same..........lay around and screw.

Instead of becoming a productive force in the cog of our society and economy, they become stray dogs.

And our young men fight wars to protect that crap?

:mad::mad::mad:

Stargazer
05-13-2008, 12:12 AM
Damn, the offseason sucks.

Lonestar
05-13-2008, 12:24 AM
Under your line of thought (if you want to call it that), we should shut our mouths about the fact that someone killed Darrent Williams. Under your line of thought why should we care if Henry kills and rapes on his own time? Under your line of thought, its not any of our business if he tells his kids to take the money and F-off. Under your line of thinking, each of us can go out and screw as many women as possible, no need to use protection, and not care about how many kids we have, and its none of your damn business. Under your line of thought, as a matter of fact, what I do is my business, and my business only, even if Im the mailman........which includes moonlighting as the uni-bomber.

All I should care about is whether someone entertains me or not.

Since your father has failed to tell you, maybe someone should: You have some serious reality issues.

Educating fatherless children is the answer?

Puleeze.

If I have no moral responsibility to recognize whats wrong with Travesty Henry, then what makes you think someone else-mama, uncles, aunties, step-daddies-of these kids has any physical responsibilities to these same kids?

Under your line of thinking, Travis should send the paycheck, and the mama should hand it over to the kid, and say, 'have a good life'. Afterall, shes no more responsible than Travesty, right? Under your line of thinking that is.

And then after all that, you think its the governments responsibility to make sure these parentless children get an education, so that these kids can turn into functioning adults?

Youre in la-la land dude.

You think an education will comfort these kids when theyre wondering whats wrong with themselves that would make their parents abandon them? You think an education will teach a young boy how to face his fears, choose his battles, and be responsible so that you are able to lead people rather than be led? So that you can feed, rather than be fed? So that you can reason, rather than be reasoned?

Some of these kids are going to be real problem bringers, and screw em all as long as I dont have to see it in my neighborhood, right?

As I stated before, youve stated the painfully obvious decay in our society, and youve only shown us once again what we face. Who's we?

We who have learned to be responsible, because responsibility is a crown that belongs to everyone, but is worn by too few.

Parentless children grow up to be parentless adults. And most will learn to do the same..........lay around and screw.

Instead of becoming a productive force in the cog of our society and economy, they become stray dogs.

And our young men fight wars to protect that crap?

:mad::mad::mad:

Only two flaws in your logic one he is not paying it and two the mamas are more likely to spend it on themselves than the kid.. Afterall just how did they get pregnant form him a one time sleep over not hardly they did not call him up on the day they were ovulating they thought he was going to stick around not doubt.. When they got pregnant he most likely boogied, if he had not already moved on by then..

I do not see the kids benefiting from the money and I doubt seriously any of it is being saved for college...

Nature Boy
05-13-2008, 12:35 AM
"Our young men fight to protect that crap?" - Warhorse

What young men are you talking about? You're a young man, how many wars have you fought? How many have your kids fought?

It's always the rich, privilege and pampered that seem to think they know better and is head and shoulders better than the poor inner city youths and country folks, sitting in front of their mommy bought computers pointing fingers with racist undertones.

Last I checked, the Military, the actual guys in boots that actually pull the wagon are mostly from poor low class families both inside the urban cities and rural America. In ratio to the population, minorities, blacks and Latinos probably make up the majority of Army and Marines, particularly the enlisted lower ranking men.

LOL! :laugh: Just stick to football dude. That is my point. You don't sign Travis Henry's check so shut your trap and watch the man play. Pat Bowlen signs his check and yet he's still on the team.

You sound like a bleeding heart drama queen with all the answers but have absolutely no clue how to get it done. If Travis Henry doesn't prove he's worth the money the Broncos gave him with all his baggage, then send him packing. Until then, leave your cries of morality to yourself. I find it quite amusing really because it's not my job or yours or any other man to tell another man how to live, unless you put money in his pockets or you're raising his kids.

It's also amusing that some of what I respond with is in my own sarcasm but apparently some of you guys don't get it and is getting your panties all ruffled up. :grillin:

WARHORSE
05-13-2008, 02:16 AM
"Our young men fight to protect that crap?" - Warhorse

What young men are you talking about? You're a young man, how many wars have you fought? How many have your kids fought?

It's always the rich, privilege and pampered that seem to think they know better and is head and shoulders better than the poor inner city youths and country folks, sitting in front of their mommy bought computers pointing fingers with racist undertones.

Last I checked, the Military, the actual guys in boots that actually pull the wagon are mostly from poor low class families both inside the urban cities and rural America. In ratio to the population, minorities, blacks and Latinos probably make up the majority of Army and Marines, particularly the enlisted lower ranking men.

LOL! :laugh: Just stick to football dude. That is my point. You don't sign Travis Henry's check so shut your trap and watch the man play. Pat Bowlen signs his check and yet he's still on the team.

You sound like a bleeding heart drama queen with all the answers but have absolutely no clue how to get it done. If Travis Henry doesn't prove he's worth the money the Broncos gave him with all his baggage, then send him packing. Until then, leave your cries of morality to yourself. I find it quite amusing really because it's not my job or yours or any other man to tell another man how to live, unless you put money in his pockets or you're raising his kids.

It's also amusing that some of what I respond with is in my own sarcasm but apparently some of you guys don't get it and is getting your panties all ruffled up. :grillin:

I noticed you didnt respond to quite a bit. As for being pampered or racist or rich..........youre just running your mouth. You dont know me from adam. Your thinking is flawed, and you should stick to being entertained, rather than commenting on something you know nothing about.

And the panties? You'll find them on the men who leave their kids.......not those of us who dont.

I think I'll follow Kaylores suit...........youre the first for me to put on my ignore list. I havent even done that to a fade fan. Congratulations.

Nature Boy
05-13-2008, 02:39 AM
I noticed you didnt respond to quite a bit. As for being pampered or racist or rich..........youre just running your mouth.

My last post was enough to cover all your gibberish. You know, the part about how you sound like a bleeding heart drama queen. It's not even worth my time to comment on. I would close with my usual closing comment, but I been warned with another yellow flag yet I don't think I did anything that anyone else on this board isn't doing.

You know, censorship is the best way to silence someone you can't outwit or out debate.

dogfish
05-13-2008, 04:19 AM
You know, censorship is the best way to silence someone you can't outwit or out debate.

says the guy who recently left us with this gem:

translation: "i just got owned, so i'll play it off like i didn't believe what i said anyways". . .

a real man stands by his word the way he stands by his children. . . time to grow up, nature boy. . . . ;)

Nature Boy
05-13-2008, 06:17 AM
How many times do I have to say that I do not condone Travis Henry's off field activities and at the same time I don't care what he does?

I only care what he does on the field. Wait til mid-season and all you guys will be changing your tunes.

Timmy!
05-13-2008, 06:49 AM
And this became a morality forum and not a football forum when I was sleeping. Isn't that friggin special. Didn't we have this thread last season? Babies daddies isn't a moral human being. What shocking news, :rolleyes: I say again: *yawn*

FYI: Don't even start. I'm only a Henry fan because he wears a Bronco uniform.

topscribe
05-13-2008, 10:29 AM
Okay, I think everybody is getting a little hard on NB. It should have been
obvious that I don't agree with him, either, but he does have the right to his
opinion, and he is not alone in it.

So let's lighten up a little now.

-----

underrated29
05-13-2008, 10:45 AM
Whats is this conversation about?

I know what the thread title is, and I know that yesterday we were doing some math, but even then I honestly dont have a clue as to what the point is.

For either side, Natures or everyone elses.

So for now I will make an ignorant post as I have not deciphered the topic at hand.

This report was fake right? I think it is isnt it, beyond that travis is a good runner here and If healthy I totally expect him to get atleast 1300 yards and 10 tds.

have a nice day.

BroncoJoe
05-13-2008, 10:54 AM
Actually, the thread has remained fairly on topic, considering the article was mocking TH for having 9 kids with 9 different women.

Drill-N-Fill
05-13-2008, 11:42 AM
How many times do I have to say that I do not condone Travis Henry's off field activities and at the same time I don't care what he does?

I only care what he does on the field. Wait til mid-season and all you guys will be changing your tunes.

Why, is he going to be a better father by week 6? The fact is no1 has said anything about not wanting Henry succeed on the field. We all will cheer for him when he carries the rock. So there won't be any tune changing going on. We just wished he had made some better decisions in life.

pilfin
05-13-2008, 11:56 AM
I am not a big fan of TH's personal life. He certainly is not a good role model. However, like others I am more concerned about his performance on the field. But what people have failed to point out is that his performance has been pretty average at best in a Bronco Uniform:

He rushed for 691 yards and 4 touchdowns with a 4.1 yards per carry average. That is the 30th back in the league in yards, tied with 13 other players at 27th in touchdowns, and 28th in yards per carry of backs that rushed for more than 500 yards (out of 45 backs). He played in 12 games last year, so if you extrapolate his stats to a full 16 games, he would have had 921 yards and 5 or 6 TDs.

That is average at best. Quite frankly, we expect a ton more in Denver from our backs. You can say, "yeah, but he was injured." To which I would say, "yeah, but he is ALWAYS injured." The guy has only completed one season in 7 years. And he turns 30 this year. It is very likely that TH's best years are behind him, but we are paying him like he is a stud back.

Say what you will about his personal life, but on the field I am not impressed thusfar.

LRtagger
05-13-2008, 12:39 PM
BUT BUT BUT he was the leading rusher after the first 4 games!! If he hadnt have gotten injured he would have broken all of TD's records :marchmellow:

Nature Boy
05-13-2008, 01:39 PM
It's great that at least a few of you understand that it only matters how Travis Henry performs on the field. Yes, he had a bad year trying to play thru a tweaked knee and ankle with a lousy O-line and the NFL breathing down his back for smoking the green tree.

And this is a football forum and not a morality forum. Thanks for reading.

Nature Boy
05-13-2008, 01:43 PM
Why, is he going to be a better father by week 6? The fact is no1 has said anything about not wanting Henry succeed on the field. We all will cheer for him when he carries the rock. So there won't be any tune changing going on. We just wished he had made some better decisions in life.

Yes, the tunes will be changing as by mid season after Henry goes on a tear. All this negative talk about Henry being a bad person and father will be pushed aside to the cheers and rants of how we all knew Henry was a great RB, he just needed the right pieces(O-line).

LRtagger
05-13-2008, 01:45 PM
It's great that at least a few of you understand that it only matters how Travis Henry performs on the field. Yes, he had a bad year trying to play thru....the NFL breathing down his back for smoking the green tree.

And this is a football forum and not a morality forum. Thanks for reading.

Well what do you know...his lack of self control and/or morals contributed to his lack of on-field contribution.

Just because Pat Bowlen cuts his checks doesn't mean I or any other Broncos fan has to like him any more. He is still a Grade A piece of shit.

BroncoJoe
05-13-2008, 01:47 PM
I'll be happy if he contributes to the Broncos success. I will never be a fan of his.

Plus, I'd be willing to bet he doesn't even make it through the whole season.

Nature Boy
05-13-2008, 01:55 PM
Well what do you know...his lack of self control and/or morals contributed to his lack of on-field contribution.

Just because Pat Bowlen cuts his checks doesn't mean I or any other Broncos fan has to like him any more. He is still a Grade A piece of shit.

I'll attribute his on field deficiencies in 2007 to his tweaked knee and ankle and the lousy O-line play more than anything else off the field. We all know that, be smart now.

Bronco Yoda
05-13-2008, 01:59 PM
Whats is this conversation about?

Well ... It really heated up when (poster #12) suggested that carpal tunnel should be performed on Sir Henrys nether regions right now!!!!!

(Poster #54) suggested a compromise having 'it' (carpal tunnel penile procedure) be an incentive in his contract tied to YDS avg. and TD's inside the naughty zone... whereas (poster 45) quipped "IT" should be tied to a brick and thrown off the nearest bridge anyway! etc...etc...etc....

Things turned personal when the debate turned condom colors. New burnt Orange vs. old school orange crush orange. Then a newbie poster came in and touted the all blue condoms with spiffy nike stripes but then killed his own argument by referencing bogus rupture specs and ribbed availability.

(poster #2) lectured us all that in his day they didn't wear 'helmets' at all and then wanted to know the difference between pleasure shaped and textured. (Poster #32) posted pictures and then (mod #5) gave her a red flag and sent her in the corner for two days.

(poster #5) accused (poster #16) of wearing dental dams and (poster #39) defending by saying #5 goes bare back.

have I missed anything so far? :),

Lonestar
05-13-2008, 02:26 PM

One wonders how much better RB he could be if he could contain his performances to the field?

Think of all that expended energy wasted..

pilfin
05-14-2008, 06:33 AM
I'll attribute his on field deficiencies in 2007 to his tweaked knee and ankle and the lousy O-line play more than anything else off the field. We all know that, be smart now.

First of all, his health is one of his major weaknesses. He has played 7 years and been injured 6 of the 7. He is ALWAYS going to have something wrong with him, and if that is going to lead to DEFICIENCIES, then HE IS DEFICIENT! Selvin Young averaged 5.2 yards a carry last year BEHIND THE SAME LINE!

That's fine if you want to defend this guy's right to a personal life, but there is no defense for him on the field. In an orange and blue uniform, he has been crap. What makes you think he is going to be a superstar? He isn't even the best back on the team. You continue to defend him no matter the poor logic. It's like you are related to the guy or something. Do you have 8 half-siblings?

HolyDiver
05-14-2008, 07:03 AM
We can go with Young, Hall and Toran and be in great shape. Too bad Henry has that big contract, or we could just flat out cut the guy.

LRtagger
05-14-2008, 08:02 AM
We can go with Young, Hall and Toran and be in great shape. Too bad Henry has that big contract, or we could just flat out cut the guy.

Actually, he had to agree to restructure his contract in order to NOT be cut (gave up his $6mil bonus and is making about $1mil this season). Yet another reason to think he's not a very good RB.

LRtagger
05-14-2008, 08:02 AM
Here's an article from late last year

One really has to feel sorry for the plight of the male professional athlete. He's swimming in pools of cash, has hot women throwing themselves at him from wall to wall and apparently has not one clue on how a condom works (or where to buy one for that matter of fact).

Enter Broncos running back Travis Henry.

He has a $25 million contract, he's bought a $100,000 car, dropped $146,000 on jewelry ... and yet finds himself a tad on the broke side when it comes to those essential, but oh so pesky, child support payments.

You see, Henry, 28, has nine children ... from nine different women ... in at least four southern states.

(To say he's been a busy man would be quite the understatement.)

He's been ordered to establish a $250,000 trust to cover a new $3000/month child support payment due to his, let's just say, not-so-conservative spending habits.

DeKalb Superior Court Judge Clarence Seeliger this week ordered Henry to provide $3,000 a month for the Lithonia boy he fathered out of wedlock three years ago with Jameshia Beacham, now 29.

Henry isn't the most thrifty guy, according to court records, so the judge wants to ensure payment by establishing an unusual $250,000 trust that Henry must fund by next spring.

Seeliger wrote that the football player displayed "bad judgment in his spending habits," dropping $100,000 for a car and $146,000 for jewelry. Meanwhile, Henry fell behind on support payments for his child with Beacham that were mandated by a previous order. Threatened with jail, he borrowed $9,800 from his former team, the Tennessee Titans, to pay the bill, according to court records.

Funny, how Henry signed a contract with the Broncos in the off-season that guarantees him $12 million and yet had nothing but lint in his pocket for child support.

Funny? No.

Try sad. Really, really, sad.

Nevertheless, Henry's lawyer, Shiel Edlin, told the Atlanta Journal-Constitution, Henry wants to be a good parent. "I know these are a lot of kids, and there might be some questions about it, but he's a really committed father."

I'm sure we can all agree, nothing says commitment like skipping out on child support or buying shiny new spinners instead of feeding your children.

But on the real, nine kids ... by 28? Did Usher's 'Confessions' teach us nothing? Wrap it up, people.

Wrap ... it ... up.

http://www.blackvoices.com/blogs/2007/08/27/travis-henry-having-problems-understanding-sex-without-a-condom/

topscribe
05-14-2008, 10:42 AM

I don't believe the contract is a great big factor, nor is his ability to perform.
Shanny has been ultra-understanding of the likes of Kirkus, who was a so-so
receiver, yet has shown the likes of Walker the door, who everybody knows if
his knee has recovered can be a premier receiver in the league.

Shanny seems to have a big heart for his men. Maybe he has too big a heart,
sometimes. But I admire Shanny for that.

We don't know what went on behind the closed door of Shanny's office. But I
think what melts his heart more than anything is when a player will take full
responsibility for his own actions. That seemed to happen with Marshall, and,
according to the media, Henry did it, too.

Shanny is willing to give Henry just one more chance. I do believe that
means one more with Shanny, and I'm sure Henry realizes this, too. Maybe
Henry will surprise us this year. We'll see.

-----

BroncoJoe
05-14-2008, 11:48 AM
I'd love to see Henry do well next year. But only because he's a Bronco.

As a man, he's as big a douche as they come.

tubby
05-14-2008, 12:11 PM
Jesus loves Travis Henry.

underrated29
05-14-2008, 12:42 PM
I DONT KNOW who said it, but henry is by far and away the best back onthe team!

Torrein might give him a run for his money, but we know nothing of him yet.

Henry is the strong tackle breaking, pile pushing small compact back with speed that we need.

Neither young nor hall can say that.

Travis is a great RB and a great fit here. He does need to stay healthy- or maybe man up for once in his life and play through the pain. I dont know.

But he is the best Rb we currently have. And I do have big expectations for his this year. If mike anderson can post 1400 yards and like 10 tds than a more talented henry must be able to atleast hit that.

Nature Boy
05-14-2008, 02:02 PM
He isn't even the best back on the team. You continue to defend him no matter the poor logic.

Who do you think will be the starting RB when the season starts? I thought so. Disproves all you just said.

LRtagger
05-14-2008, 02:09 PM
Why else would he restructure?? :rolleyes:

If he proved himself on and off the field last year, we would have paid him every penny of his initial contract.

IF HE DIDN'T AGREE TO RESTRUCTURE, HE WOULD HAVE BEEN CUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What is so hard to understand? The FO felt he was not worth the money we agreed to pay him. ALA JAVON WALKER - CUT

Nature Boy
05-14-2008, 02:16 PM
Why else would he restructure?? :rolleyes:

If he proved himself on and off the field last year, we would have paid him every penny of his initial contract.

IF HE DIDN'T AGREE TO RESTRUCTURE, HE WOULD HAVE BEEN CUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What is so hard to understand? The FO felt he was not worth the money we agreed to pay him. ALA JAVON WALKER - CUT

I don't have the time to waste to explain the circumstances but 2007 and all it's problems with the team, Travis' injuries and off field distractions made the Broncos feel Travis shoukd return some of that money if he wants to stay in Denver. Travis knows he effed up and did not mind restructuring as if he proves it on the field this year and the next, he'll get most his money originally promised. *******EDIT******

Nature Boy
05-14-2008, 02:23 PM
The FO felt he was not worth the money we agreed to pay him. ALA JAVON WALKER - CUT

Javon Walker got cut cause he was bitching and moaning cause he knew he will not be the #1 receiver. With Mike Shanahan, he does not care if you are Jerry Rice in his prime, you will get cut or get traded if you get out of line. Look at Clinton Portis, he wanted more money after 2 great season despite still being under contract and as soon as he bitched about a new deal, out the door he went via trade for Champ. Mike Shanahan is little Hitler, Tightest ship in the NFL.

LRtagger
05-14-2008, 02:25 PM
LOL Are you serious? He felt bad about what he did and how he played so he took a pay cut out of the goodness of his heart? ROFL that's a good one...especially considering it is TRAVIS HENRY we are talking about.

I guarantee you he was sat down by Mike and told that the 2007 season was unacceptable and if he did not agree to the terms of a new (smaller) contract, that he would be cut.

Knowing that he would be hard pressed to sign a contract with another team that didnt have huge clauses or even be able to find another team that wanted him, he agreed to the terms

I'm willing to bet that if he does have a stellar 08 season his ass will be holding out come 2009. You act like he is doing Mike and the team a favor by agreeing to take a pay cut out of the goodness of his heart

Nature Boy
05-14-2008, 02:33 PM
LOL Are you serious? He felt bad about what he did and how he played so he took a pay cut out of the goodness of his heart? ROFL that's a good one...especially considering it is TRAVIS HENRY we are talking about.

I guarantee you he was sat down by Mike and told that the 2007 season was unacceptable and if he did not agree to the terms of a new (smaller) contract, that he would be cut.

Knowing that he would be hard pressed to sign a contract with another team that didnt have huge clauses or even be able to find another team that wanted him, he agreed to the terms

I'm willing to bet that if he does have a stellar 08 season his ass will be holding out come 2009. You act like he is doing Mike and the team a favor by agreeing to take a pay cut out of the goodness of his heart

Hey Sherlocke, we all know Travis Henry did not live up to his signing bonus. But 2007 was not indicative of the Quality RB Travis is. The Broncos were not gonna pay him more money after 2007, both sides understood and it was fair for both side. Simple as that.

There was way too much circumstances in 2007 to just pin it on the fact that Travis Henry sucks as a running back.

Coming from the guy that wanted Jonathan Stewart before Ryan Clady, I can understand why you don't know much about this team. Done with you. I'm not allow to say it, but I'll remind you to remember my usual closing statement.

tubby
05-14-2008, 02:33 PM
Huh. Guess Holy Diver is off limits. :huh:

dogfish
05-14-2008, 02:48 PM
2007 was not indicative of the Quality RB Travis is.

entirely wrong-- it was VERY indicative of the type of back that he is and has been throughout his career. . . . last year, henry played in 12 games, rushing 167 times for 691 yards (4.1 YPC) and 4 touchdowns. . . compare that to his career averages per season-- 13 games, 212 carries for 869 yards (4.1 YPC) and 5.4 touchdowns-- and you can easily see that last season was pretty much a typical year for henry. . . a little bit below his average perhaps, but that shouldn't be surprising for an aging RB. . . i didn't bother to compare his receiving stats, but no one is going to mistake him for brian westbrook or steven jackson in that area. . .

IF he can somehow stay healthy for the whole season he's certainly capable of having a much better year than he did in '07, but it was pretty much par for the course compared to the rest of his career-- a few flashes of good play badly marred by injury and inconsistency. . .

I'm not allow to say it, but I'll remind you to remember my usual closing statement.

if you think anyone is the least bit impressed by that laughable bit of juvenile arrogance, you are sadly mistaken. . . . :lol:

Brand
05-14-2008, 02:50 PM
But, but... Juvenile arrogance is par for many members of this forum.....

And I am at least up to par.......

Nature Boy
05-14-2008, 03:11 PM
Travis racked up majority of his #'s in the 1st 3 games. Then came the knee and ankle. and the the Oline fell apart as well after Nalen went out.

Travis had a great start in Buffalo but was hurt and benched most the time in Tenn so I would take the Tenn days into account much but you can say whatever you want, your obviously blind to his talent by your hate for him outside of football.

All I can say it, be a sports fan and think about the sport, leave morality in your church group.

Requiem / The Dagda
05-14-2008, 03:15 PM
It's not going to matter after this season anyways. Henry will either be cut after training camp or at season's end. I'm not too worried about him. In all reality, I think last season was pretty indicative of Henry and his caliber at running back. As always, seems to be injured and coupled with that -- has run in's with the law. Sounds like pretty typical Travis Henry to me. It's just too damn bad we were that desperate for a running back that we had to go out and get him. Hopefully Torain's Lisfranc is fine and he's 100%. At only 22 years old, he has the ability to do some damage for us for a while. Having him paired with Young and perhaps another back will be great.

I'm all about the future, and I sincerely hope that Travis Henry is not a part of it with this franchise.

Requiem / The Dagda
05-14-2008, 03:16 PM
All I can say it, be a sports fan and think about the sport, leave morality in your church group.

When Henry's off the field antics have an impact on how he produces on the field -- it absolutely becomes a releveant topic for football discussion.

Nature Boy
05-14-2008, 03:23 PM
The tweaked knee and ankle, the lousy Oline play are more to blame for his bad start in Denver than his failed test and "Baby Mamas".

Nature Boy
05-14-2008, 03:28 PM
It's not going to matter after this season anyways. Henry will either be cut after training camp or at season's end. I'm not too worried about him. In all reality, I think last season was pretty indicative of Henry and his caliber at running back. As always, seems to be injured and coupled with that -- has run in's with the law. Sounds like pretty typical Travis Henry to me. It's just too damn bad we were that desperate for a running back that we had to go out and get him. Hopefully Torain's Lisfranc is fine and he's 100%. At only 22 years old, he has the ability to do some damage for us for a while. Having him paired with Young and perhaps another back will be great.

I'm all about the future, and I sincerely hope that Travis Henry is not a part of it with this franchise.

Coming from a guy who thinks Dan Neil sucked, I can't put too much weight on your assessment of Henry of any pther player for that matter.

Now you're totin Ryan Torain when you never even heard of his name before the draft and especially, none of us have even seen him in with a Broncos helmet on yet. humorous...

Nature Boy
05-14-2008, 03:29 PM
Have you Dream and Tagger takin the RB poll yet?

dogfish
05-14-2008, 03:33 PM
Travis racked up majority of his #'s in the 1st 3 games. Then came the knee and ankle. and the the Oline fell apart as well after Nalen went out.

Travis had a great start in Buffalo but was hurt and benched most the time in Tenn so I would take the Tenn days into account much but you can say whatever you want, your obviously blind to his talent by your hate for him outside of football.

so what you're saying is that we should judge him solely based on what he can do when he's healthy and not suspended? doesn't work that way. . . the only fair way to guage a player's performance is based on PRODUCTION, not POTENTIAL. . . tell me what he does on the field, not what he's capable of under perfect conditions. . . tatum bell had talent too, but it doesn't matter if you can't consistently play up to it. . . henry is what he is, and injury prone is a huge part of it. . .

as an aside, i don't go to church, and i'm 100% in favor of smoking herb and getting laid-- i won't care in the slighest bit what henry did off the field if he had enough brains to wrap that rascal and not leave abandoned children spread across the country. . .

topscribe
05-14-2008, 03:36 PM
Coming from a guy who thinks Dan Neil sucked, I can't put too much weight on your assessment of Henry of any pther player for that matter.

Now you're totin Ryan Torain when you never even heard of his name before the draft and especially, none of us have even seen in with a Broncos helmet on yet. humorous...

Oh, I think Dream was at least somewhat familiar with him. He's been pretty
close to the PAC-10. And, being right here in Tucson, I surely know who and
what he is.

I think Torain is going to shock some folks with his abilities. Meanwhile,
however, I do consent that the Broncos need Henry for a season or two . . .
-----

Requiem / The Dagda
05-14-2008, 03:44 PM

When did I ever say Dan Neil sucked? :/

Now you're totin Ryan Torain when you never even heard of his name before the draft and especially, none of us have even seen in with a Broncos helmet on yet. humorous...

Actually, I had been touting Torain on a few forums (not this one) before he actually had his season ending injury -- I even had him slated in some of my early mocks. After his Lisfranc injury (which was misdiagnosed in most draft circles as a broken toe) -- nobody talked about him since he wasn't playing and with the emergence of the junior running backs -- they became the focus of the draft. I absolutely knew who Ryan Torain was. Anyone who watched college football last year certainly knew who he was.

ASU hadn't had a great back in a long-time, and out of nowhere came this Community College transfer in 2006 who took the PAC-10 by storm. Just ask Topscribe, he's a huge Wildcats fan and I'm sure he saw what Torain had done in the PAC-10. We're not stupid, no matter how hard you believe it.

So far you're 0/2 on your assumptions and obervations on what I've said and what I know regarding football. I'm not sure why you have the attitude you do, but it seems like at every turn you try to portray yourself as the best there is, and everyone else on the forum as completely ignorant. Certainly, that's not the case.

LRtagger
05-14-2008, 03:47 PM

ACTUALLY, the third game of the season he had 35 yards rushing (while healthy) against a good and physical defense (JAX). The first two games were against two of the weakest defensive teams in the league (BUF and OAK) and he had a good first half in game 4 against Indy. We all know what happened from there.

Its funny, behind the inadequate line, Selvin Young and Andre Hall didnt have too much trouble racking up yardage in limited time. The biggest problem with the o-line last season was pass protection (32 sacks and lots of knockdowns). We actually had a pretty decent running game with or without Henry.

LRtagger
05-14-2008, 03:52 PM
Have you Dream and Tagger takin the RB poll yet?

Go back and check the thread, slick. I actually posted and you responded.

Obviously most will think Henry will start to open the season (myself included), but the most important question is who will be starting come playoff time. My guess is not Henry.

Nature Boy
05-14-2008, 03:54 PM
Its funny, behind the inadequate line, Selvin Young and Andre Hall didnt have too much trouble racking up yardage in limited time.

Here we go again. Where's my slapp button.

Young and Hall did not have a banged up knee and ankle which put Henry 70% healthy at best after the 4th game.

Tagger, are you gonna take that RB poll or not?

Requiem / The Dagda
05-14-2008, 03:56 PM
Here we go again. Where's my slapp button.

Young and Hall did not have a banged up knee and ankle which put Henry 70% healthy at best after the 4th game.

Tagger, are you gonna take that RB poll or not?

You do realize that Young had off-season surgery, right?

LRtagger
05-14-2008, 04:00 PM
no joke, both Hall and Young were banged up last season.

Nature Boy
05-14-2008, 04:03 PM
So, he wasn't as hurt as Henry last season.

topscribe
05-14-2008, 04:10 PM

I don't understand that comment.

Who was hurt worse? One who can't play or the other who can't play?

-----

dogfish
05-14-2008, 04:12 PM

oh man, the inconvenient truths just keep piling up. . . LMAO!

:lol:

LRtagger
05-14-2008, 04:19 PM

I would say an injury that required surgury is pretty substantial. Even still, Young managed to outrush Henry on much fewer carries. :dur:

Nature Boy
05-14-2008, 04:23 PM

Where, apparently it's not that serious.

Nature Boy
05-14-2008, 04:24 PM
I would say an injury that required surgury is pretty substantial. Even still, Young managed to outrush Henry on much fewer carries. :dur:

Are you trying to say Young is a better RB than Henry? Want a signature bet? I thought so.

Nature Boy
05-14-2008, 04:25 PM
oh man, the inconvenient truths just keep piling up. . . LMAO!

Did you take the poll? Sig bet on Young or Henry, who will start by game 1?

jhns
05-14-2008, 04:26 PM

You do know how much he had to pay right? I could have supported my entire 5 person family on what each kid was getting. Only the average child support doesn't pay for the kids, not the rich mans. If it isn't enough, those mom's are really wasting it.

*************EDIT******************** You know nothing about his personal life, you know nothing about his personality, and you know nothing about his family situation. You only know what you read in the news, and of course they always have 100% of their facts straight and they all know everything about Henry's personal life!

I will guarantee none of you would talk shit to Henry in person and I guarantee that none of you know the situation. This is like being back in middle school.

Nature Boy
05-14-2008, 04:33 PM
Now I remember why I posted this a while back.

"Arguing on the internet is like the Special Olympics, because even if you win, you're still a retard."

Well, that is how I feel every time I debate with you guys. Especially LRtagger, Dream, Doggy. R8ter H8ter and a few ore of you's.

I'm arguing main points, ideas and theories while you guys point out semantics and technicalities.

Requiem / The Dagda
05-14-2008, 04:36 PM
Where, apparently it's not that serious.

It was serious enough to the point where he needed surgery to fix his injury. Now, you're just grasping at straws. *********EDIT********. Now, where's your rebuttal to my prior post?

dogfish
05-14-2008, 04:41 PM
Did you take the poll? Sig bet on Young or Henry, who will start by game 1?

dude, you're losing it. . . you responded to me in that thread weeks ago. . .

:laugh:

and no, i'm no more interested than LR in taking your bet when WE'VE BOTH ALREADY SAID THAT WE THINK HENRY HAS THE BEST CHANCE TO BE THE WEEK ONE STARTER!

sheesh, try to pay attention-- you're just going in circles here. . . . :lol:

Nature Boy
05-14-2008, 04:41 PM
What was the surgery on?

topscribe
05-14-2008, 04:42 PM
Now I remember why I posted this a while back.

"Arguing on the internet is like the Special Olympics, because even if you win, you're still a retard."

Well, that is how I feel every time I debate with you guys. Especially LRtagger, Dream, Doggy. R8ter H8ter and a few ore of you's.

I'm arguing main points, ideas and theories while you guys point out semantics and technicalities.

Call it what you like, but what it is, is a pissing contest. :whoknows:

Piss away and have some fun. Don't try to analyze it.

No one's going to win this one, anyway . . .

-----

Requiem / The Dagda
05-14-2008, 04:43 PM
What was the surgery on?

He had arthoscopic knee surgery.

Nature Boy
05-14-2008, 04:44 PM
Bottom line, who is the best back on the Broncos roster? Travis Henry.

Dream, what was Selvin's Young's injury that was so serious that has gone unnoticed? and have you taken the RB poll? Dream...

dogfish
05-14-2008, 04:44 PM
It was serious enough to the point where he needed surgery to fix his injury. Now, you're just grasping at straws. *********EDIT********. Now, where's your rebuttal to my prior post?

don't hold your breath. . . he realizes that he's backed himself into a corner, and now that he's out of retorts he'll try a bold misdirection by offering you a sig bet. . .

this forum is more fun than the lounge today!

Nature Boy
05-14-2008, 04:46 PM
He had arthoscopic knee surgery.

I guess Travis Henry is not the only one that is injury prone. This favors my points for why Travis Henry is not as bad as all you guys paint him to be on the field.

Requiem / The Dagda
05-14-2008, 04:47 PM
don't hold your breath. . . he realizes that he's backed himself into a corner, and now that he's out of retorts he'll try a bold misdirection by offering you a sig bet. . .

It sure seems that way, which is odd. I posted a few times the past few days -- but my Grandmother's computer was attacked by some vicious trojans and viruses and it completely melted down. I've spent since 9:45 AM getting her up to date and working with some people on the phone to get her internet set up again. Her computer is faster than ever. . .

Now, I'm finishing my resume and applying for 3 jobs in town for some summer work. One of them is 2-3 months, 12 bucks an hour looking for a kid from college who knows how to use a computer to do some office work. . . gosh -- I hope I get it. 40 hours a week. . . 12 bucks an hour. Heck, that's good for me! :D

Anyways, maybe I'll see ya in the Lounge Dog -- can't take it here anymore. I feel like I'm on football trail regarding Denver Broncos running backs. "Next week on Law and Order. . ."

Nature Boy
05-14-2008, 04:47 PM

Doggy, who's the best RB in the Broncos stable? Thought so. Taken the poll? Henry is by far the best we have. simple, points proven.

Requiem / The Dagda
05-14-2008, 04:49 PM
I guess Travis Henry is not the only one that is injury prone. This favors my points for why Travis Henry is not as bad as all you guys paint him to be on the field.

Actually, it doesn't favor any of your points.

dogfish
05-14-2008, 04:51 PM
It sure seems that way, which is odd. I posted a few times the past few days -- but my Grandmother's computer was attacked by some vicious trojans and viruses and it completely melted down. I've spent since 9:45 AM getting her up to date and working with some people on the phone to get her internet set up again. Her computer is faster than ever. . .

Now, I'm finishing my resume and applying for 3 jobs in town for some summer work. One of them is 2-3 months, 12 bucks an hour looking for a kid from college who knows how to use a computer to do some office work. . . gosh -- I hope I get it. 40 hours a week. . . 12 bucks an hour. Heck, that's good for me! :D

Anyways, maybe I'll see ya in the Lounge Dog -- can't take it here anymore. I feel like I'm on football trail regarding Denver Broncos running backs. "Next week on Law and Order. . ."

cool, good luck with that. . .

i think i need to retire to the lounge for a while, i've had as much hilarity as i can handle here. . . . :laugh:

Dreadnought
05-14-2008, 05:08 PM

Just flat out brilliant Kaylore. I can't wait to see the back of Travis Henry, frankly. I can't stand having him on a Broncos roster.

On a positive note, I rewatched a bunch of Broncos games from last season last week. I had forgotten just how good Selvin Young looked a lot of the time. With a suitable RB rotation I'm perfectly OK with him as our starter.

GEM
05-14-2008, 05:53 PM
Hey Sherlocke, we all know Travis Henry did not live up to his signing bonus. But 2007 was not indicative of the Quality RB Travis is. The Broncos were not gonna pay him more money after 2007, both sides understood and it was fair for both side. Simple as that.

There was way too much circumstances in 2007 to just pin it on the fact that Travis Henry sucks as a running back.

Coming from the guy that wanted Jonathan Stewart before Ryan Clady, I can understand why you don't know much about this team. Done with you. I'm not allow to say it, but I'll remind you to remember my usual closing statement.

And his other 6 unfinished seasons in his 7 year career don't prove anything either, right? LMAO!!! :laugh:

Medford Bronco
05-14-2008, 05:59 PM
And his other 6 unfinished seasons in his 7 year career don't prove anything either, right? LMAO!!! :laugh:

but he did finish something 9 times already :eek:

sorry but I hate Henry with a passion, He is a scumbag.

I hope Selvin Young or someone else beats out this jerk.

sorry but way too many chances have been given to this bum in his career.

GEM
05-14-2008, 06:01 PM
You do know how much he had to pay right? I could have supported my entire 5 person family on what each kid was getting. Only the average child support doesn't pay for the kids, not the rich mans. If it isn't enough, those mom's are really wasting it.

*************EDIT******************** You know nothing about his personal life, you know nothing about his personality, and you know nothing about his family situation. You only know what you read in the news, and of course they always have 100% of their facts straight and they all know everything about Henry's personal life!

I will guarantee none of you would talk shit to Henry in person and I guarantee that none of you know the situation. This is like being back in middle school.

I beg to differ. If I were in front of him, I most definately would tell him he's a POS and he should just get castrated....just as I would tell any deadbeat dad. I'm not goo goo over him because he's a football player.

MOtorboat
05-14-2008, 06:02 PM
Man...like four days later...

Nature Boy
05-14-2008, 06:07 PM
I beg to differ. If I were in front of him, I most definately would tell him he's a POS and he should just get castrated....just as I would tell any deadbeat dad. I'm not goo goo over him because he's a football player.

Sure, you'll probably wish you're the 10th Baby Mama of Travis Henry. :laugh: Just kidding, maybe...

Nature Boy
05-14-2008, 06:10 PM

Actually if you look into it, he had at least 4 great years where he did play 13-14 games. It quite tough for an RB to play healthy in all 16 games. Look at LT and Adrian Peteson last yr, both missed games.

Inkana7
05-14-2008, 06:14 PM
Actually if you look into it, he had at least 4 great years where he did play 13-14 games. It quite tough for an RB to play healthy in all 16 games. Look at LT and Adrian Peteson last yr, both missed games.

He's played 13 games in a season once in the past 4 years and only 3 times in his career.

Oh, and LT played 17 and a half games last year before getting hurt. :rolleyes:

Nature Boy
05-14-2008, 06:15 PM
LT got hurt when his team needed him most. Every RB gets hurt in the NFL. I can name you a list of the GOAT and just about all left the game before they wanted to.

Inkana7
05-14-2008, 06:16 PM
LT got hurt when his team needed him most. Every RB gets hurt in the NFL. I can name you a list of the GOAT and just about all left the game before they wanted to.

Let me say it again, Henry's played 13 games in a season once in the past 4 years and 3 times in his career.

Nature Boy
05-14-2008, 06:24 PM
It's funny. When a RB runs to soft, fans will say he runs like Suzzy. When he runs too hard, they say he needs to run away from contact cause he can't stay healthy. Give me the guy that likes to deliver the punishment to opposing defenders.

Travis looked like the Ultimate back before he got hurt in game 4. With Clady, Nalen, Hamilton and the other guys getting better, Travis will tear it up in 2008. You guys will have a nice helping crow.

This is what I will hear from you guys. "But but I even though he is a hell of a RB, he's still a scumbag....9 Baby Mamas..." Who effing cares, he's a football player, not your kid's teacher. he pays for the kids, not you. Just be a good football fan and shut your traps and watch him play. If he doesn't produce this season, then we'll all enjoy his departure.

Nature Boy
05-14-2008, 06:24 PM
Let me say it again, Henry's played 13 games in a season once in the past 4 years and 3 times in his career.

And, he's still the best back in Denver. What!?

Requiem / The Dagda
05-14-2008, 06:33 PM
And, he's still the best back in Denver. What!?

You're missing the point of a lot of people on this forum. You're touting Travis Henry as a great running back, despite the factual evidence provided that there hasn't been many instances, if any -- that he's been able to handle a full season's of work at the running back position. His inability to stay healthy or out of trouble is very concerning.

You stating that Travis Henry is the [best] back in Denver isn't good for his case, but rather an indictment against the lack of true quality we have at the position here. At every turn, somebody has either pointed something out that have proven your statements wrong of found them to be erroneous. You keep on back-peddling, changing your arguments and just finding out whatever you can -- tossing it at a wall in hopes that it'll stick.

There are few people here that would disagree with you on your belief that he's the best back on the roster. However, there are a lot of us here who don't seem to have faith in his ability to be the man or that he's going to be the guy this season. Nothing in his career as a professional NFL player would lead most of us to believe that, and in light of his injury history and recent run -ins with the law; there is even more of a "black cloud" regarding him and the situation more than ever.

There are serious concerns and questions regarding Henry as a player, and how his off-the-field antics impact his ability to produce on the field. If that wasn't the case, he wouldn't have been stripped of his bonus this season and wouldn't be on the "hotseat" right now. Those are just facts that you're going to have to deal with.

Now, it's absolutely great that you support Henry and think he's going to be an all-class guy for us -- but going out of your way to belittle others and talk down to us as if we're "A" class retards is totally unacceptable. We're all for having good debates here, as long fellow posters aren't debated.

I seriously look forward to having fruitful debates with you in the future, but your unabashed candor and the way you approach these debates is leaving a lot of us with a bad taste in our mouths. Here's to better debates in the future. :beer:

Dreadnought
05-14-2008, 06:40 PM
You're missing the point of a lot of people on this forum. You're touting Travis Henry as a great running back, despite the factual evidence provided that there hasn't been many instances, if any -- that he's been able to handle a full season's of work at the running back position. His inability to stay healthy or out of trouble is very concerning.

You stating that Travis Henry is the [best] back in Denver isn't good for his case, but rather an indictment against the lack of true quality we have at the position here.

I'll agree here, except insofar as you are selling my man Selvin short. We'll see, but I think the kid is just fine. I'm also not sold on the potential upside of henry, and he's a character disaster on top of it. If he does one service for the Broncs he may have helped get us back to making an emphasis towards acquiring less scummy guys.

Look at it this way, Dream - Henry is tying down a roster spot we could use for Nate Jackson :D

Nature Boy
05-14-2008, 07:04 PM

You stating that Travis Henry is the [best] back in Denver isn't good for his case, but rather an indictment against the lack of true quality we have at the position here. At every turn, somebody has either pointed something out that have proven your statements wrong of found them to be erroneous. You keep on back-peddling, changing your arguments and just finding out whatever you can -- tossing it at a wall in hopes that it'll stick.

There are few people here that would disagree with you on your belief that he's the best back on the roster. However, there are a lot of us here who don't seem to have faith in his ability to be the man or that he's going to be the guy this season. Nothing in his career as a professional NFL player would lead most of us to believe that, and in light of his injury history and recent run -ins with the law; there is even more of a "black cloud" regarding him and the situation more than ever.

There are serious concerns and questions regarding Henry as a player, and how his off-the-field antics impact his ability to produce on the field. If that wasn't the case, he wouldn't have been stripped of his bonus this season and wouldn't be on the "hotseat" right now. Those are just facts that you're going to have to deal with.

Now, it's absolutely great that you support Henry and think he's going to be an all-class guy for us -- but going out of your way to belittle others and talk down to us as if we're "A" class retards is totally unacceptable. We're all for having good debates here, as long fellow posters aren't debated.

I seriously look forward to having fruitful debates with you in the future, but your unabashed candor and the way you approach these debates is leaving a lot of us with a bad taste in our mouths. Here's to better debates in the future. :beer:

Blah blah blah, BS. How's that?

I never once said Travis Henry is the greatest in Denver or anywhere else. I'm saying when healthy, Travis Henry is one of the best in the league, when healthy and yes, you've all made that clear that he can't stay healthy long enough to establish his greatness. But I've also pointed out that in today's NFL, no RB can stay healthy for a long consistent period.

However, the the real debate here is, you guys discount him and his ability and potential based on his off field activities and morals. I'm trying to tell you guys to not judge him off the field but only on the field. Yes, his 2007 was dismal but we're all aware of the circumstances, particularly playing at about 70% at best after the 1st half of the 4th game.

I'm saying Travis is the best back we have and he'll prove his worth in 2008, by amassing stats not seen since Clinton Portis left town.

This is a football forum, not a morality forum so save that for your church group.

I don't condone Henry's off field relationships with women, but I also believe he's just as much the victim as the kids he made cause his "Baby Mamas" knew exactly what they were doing as I bet they're all gold diggers anyways. I also think that $4k a month per kid is way too much. Most that money will go to the kid's mom's living style, not the kids themselves.

But that's the point, I don't care about Travis Henry's off field life with his "Baby Mamas". I only wanna see him play football. Travis is the best talent at RB since Portis.

broncohead
05-14-2008, 08:50 PM
Blah blah blah, BS. How's that?

I never once said Travis Henry is the greatest in Denver or anywhere else. I'm saying when healthy, Travis Henry is one of the best in the league, when healthy and yes, you've all made that clear that he can't stay healthy long enough to establish his greatness. But I've also pointed out that in today's NFL, no RB can stay healthy for a long consistent period.

However, the the real debate here is, you guys discount him and his ability and potential based on his off field activities and morals. I'm trying to tell you guys to not judge him off the field but only on the field. Yes, his 2007 was dismal but we're all aware of the circumstances, particularly playing at about 70% at best after the 1st half of the 4th game.

I'm saying Travis is the best back we have and he'll prove his worth in 2008, by amassing stats not seen since Clinton Portis left town.

This is a football forum, not a morality forum so save that for your church group.

I don't condone Henry's off field relationships with women, but I also believe he's just as much the victim as the kids he made cause his "Baby Mamas" knew exactly what they were doing as I bet they're all gold diggers anyways. I also think that $4k a month per kid is way too much. Most that money will go to the kid's mom's living style, not the kids themselves.

But that's the point, I don't care about Travis Henry's off field life with his "Baby Mamas". I only wanna see him play football. Travis is the best talent at RB since Portis.

He's not till he proves it and he hasn't proven anything.

Dreadnought
05-14-2008, 09:12 PM
He's not till he proves it and he hasn't proven anything.

Nope - not here or anywhere else for that matter. I just want him gone, period.

LRtagger
05-15-2008, 08:31 AM
Bottom line, who is the best back on the Broncos roster? Travis Henry.

UGH...I dont know why this is so hard for you to understand. I will try to spell it out for you.....again.

Of the 4 "main" tailbacks on our roster:

Torrain: ROOKIE! Has the best chance of being a feature back, but he is largely unproven since he has never even PRACTICED as an NFL player yet and he is coming off a major foot injury. No matter how good anyone thinks he is, saying he will start game 1 for us would be completely illogical.

Hall: He is simply a change of pace back. He is small and quick. No way he could carry the ball 20+ times a game. Not to mention he is coming into only his second year in the league. Saying he would start game 1 would be pretty illogical.

Young: IMO is the best runner on the team at this point, however, he is coming off knee surgury and he doesn't seem to be the type of guy that can carry the load. I have no doubt in my mind that he is a better runner than Henry. He has better speed and vision, but lacks size and strength. If he has put on the mass this offseason he could very well start game 1. However, at this point in time we just don't know enough about his knee or his size/strength to accurately assess whether he can be our starter.

Henry: We brought him in to be that feature guy. Unfortunately he has been a HUGE BUST in Denver. Even still, he is the only veteran on the team. Using LOGIC he is the best bet to start the season simply because we don't really know what to expect from the other three. It is not because he is the best back. For all we know Torrain is the best back on the team.

BUT, I have no doubt thinking that Henry will not be starting at the end of the season. If one of those other guys starts to produce, Mike will have NO PROBLEM pulling Henry in favor of another back. PERIOD.

GEM
05-15-2008, 09:19 AM
Sure, you'll probably wish you're the 10th Baby Mama of Travis Henry. :laugh: Just kidding, maybe...

No thanks. I already have one dead beat with no talent in my life permanently, don't need another. ;)

GEM
05-15-2008, 09:22 AM
It's funny. When a RB runs to soft, fans will say he runs like Suzzy. When he runs too hard, they say he needs to run away from contact cause he can't stay healthy. Give me the guy that likes to deliver the punishment to opposing defenders.

Travis looked like the Ultimate back before he got hurt in game 4. With Clady, Nalen, Hamilton and the other guys getting better, Travis will tear it up in 2008. You guys will have a nice helping crow.

This is what I will hear from you guys. "But but I even though he is a hell of a RB, he's still a scumbag....9 Baby Mamas..." Who effing cares, he's a football player, not your kid's teacher. he pays for the kids, not you. Just be a good football fan and shut your traps and watch him play. If he doesn't produce this season, then we'll all enjoy his departure.

I haven't seen too many other than you and tubby say what a rb he is. He's a fix to last until a permanent replacement is found. He's keeping the field warm for a real RB. I haven't seen him produce on a successful level yet, maybe he'll surprise me....I'm not counting on it though.

Retired_Member_001
05-15-2008, 09:41 AM
Hey Nature boy, I've got a question.

You've got some serious love for Travis Henry. A hell of a lot of your posts are about Travis Henry. Although you try to play it down when confronted, you act as if Travs Henry is the Messiah. I just have one question. Where do you see this?

What makes you truley feel like this?

I don't mean to be rude, it's just you stick up for him a hell of alot and I'm just wondering why. He's proved absolutely nothing in Denver, his career has been marred by injuries and drug suspensions, he is stupid, he is slow and he is old.

I'm just HONESTLY wondering.

Dreadnought
05-15-2008, 09:51 AM

You've got some serious love for Travis Henry. A hell of a lot of your posts are about Travis Henry. Although you try to play it down when confronted, you act as if Travs Henry is the Messiah. I just have one question. Where do you see this?

I don't mean to be rude, it's just you stick up for him a hell of alot and I'm just wondering why. He's proved absolutely nothing in Denver, his career has been marred by injuries and drug suspensions, he is stupid, he is slow and he is old.

Well put. What I watched after the first four games of last Season was a washed up stiff, whose 2007 average of 4.1 YPC matched his career average of 4.1 YPC. His average after game 4 was very far below that. Thats not awful of course, and he was hit with injuries, but that's the story with this guy every Year. Throw in the fact that he is a bad guy and I see almost no reason to keep him around, save perhaps for the fact that Selvin Young, a much better runner, has durability issues.

omac
05-15-2008, 10:34 AM
I like the way Travis Henry runs. I like that he does not avoid contact, and is not easy to bring down. I also like his cutback ability. He plays tough. Skills-wise, no problem.

My only knock against him is that he hasn't proven he can continually stay healthy.

Retired_Member_001
05-15-2008, 02:37 PM
Well put. What I watched after the first four games of last Season was a washed up stiff, whose 2007 average of 4.1 YPC matched his career average of 4.1 YPC. His average after game 4 was very far below that. Thats not awful of course, and he was hit with injuries, but that's the story with this guy every Year. Throw in the fact that he is a bad guy and I see almost no reason to keep him around, save perhaps for the fact that Selvin Young, a much better runner, has durability issues.

It's important that we all remember that the AVERAGE for an NFL running back is 4.2 YPC.

We should definitely look to a new running back next year unless Selvin Young has a massive increase in his durability OR if Torain turns out to be pretty good.

Nature Boy
05-15-2008, 03:20 PM
UGH...I dont know why this is so hard for you to understand. I will try to spell it out for you.....again.

Of the 4 "main" tailbacks on our roster:

Torrain: ROOKIE! Has the best chance of being a feature back, but he is largely unproven since he has never even PRACTICED as an NFL player yet and he is coming off a major foot injury. No matter how good anyone thinks he is, saying he will start game 1 for us would be completely illogical.

Hall: He is simply a change of pace back. He is small and quick. No way he could carry the ball 20+ times a game. Not to mention he is coming into only his second year in the league. Saying he would start game 1 would be pretty illogical.

Young: IMO is the best runner on the team at this point, however, he is coming off knee surgury and he doesn't seem to be the type of guy that can carry the load. I have no doubt in my mind that he is a better runner than Henry. He has better speed and vision, but lacks size and strength. If he has put on the mass this offseason he could very well start game 1. However, at this point in time we just don't know enough about his knee or his size/strength to accurately assess whether he can be our starter.

Henry: We brought him in to be that feature guy. Unfortunately he has been a HUGE BUST in Denver. Even still, he is the only veteran on the team. Using LOGIC he is the best bet to start the season simply because we don't really know what to expect from the other three. It is not because he is the best back. For all we know Torrain is the best back on the team.

BUT, I have no doubt thinking that Henry will not be starting at the end of the season. If one of those other guys starts to produce, Mike will have NO PROBLEM pulling Henry in favor of another back. PERIOD.

Dude, why are you constantly repeating crap we already know. Tell us what we don't know or at least something interesting.

With all that you've said with your last 2 post in this thread, only confirms with exactly what I'm saying and my points, that Travis Henry is the best back we have in Denver, PERIOD!

Nature Boy
05-15-2008, 03:24 PM

Because he is the best option we have at TB in Denver. All those other guys are garbage. In another team, guys like Young, Torrain, and Hall wouldn't even make the roster. That good enough?

Dreadnought
05-15-2008, 03:24 PM
It's important that we all remember that the AVERAGE for an NFL running back is 4.2 YPC.

We should definitely look to a new running back next year unless Selvin Young has a massive increase in his durability OR if Torain turns out to be pretty good.

I'm happy with Running Back by Committee, frankly. Torain may fit that nicely, and Young should be good for 10-15 carries a game. Throw in some carries by Hillis/Sapp/Hall/Alridge, or whomever and we can come up with a solid running game, esp. if this line is a better product than the '07 version - which I think it will be. I think regardless of anything else this is Henry's last year here.

Nature Boy
05-15-2008, 03:28 PM

Before you write him off and call him a bad guy, let's give him another year to see what he can really do when healthy. He is the best RB we have you know. And that is whole point. All you guys will be changing your scripts by mid season. All you guys will be lining up to want to wash his jocks for him by mid season. All you guys will be hollering for him to be put in the ring of fame.

For now, leave this "bad guy" BS out off the conversation; he's paid to play football, how he lives his life is in no way any of your business. You don't not sign his checks.

BroncoJoe
05-15-2008, 03:30 PM
Before you write him off and call him a bad guy, let's give him another year to see what he can really do when healthy. He is the best RB we have you know. And that is whole point. All you guys will be changing your scripts by mid season. All you guys will be lining up to want to wash his jocks for him by mid season. All you guys will be hollering for him to be put in the ring of fame.

For now, leave this "bad guy" BS out off the conversation; he's paid to play football, how he lives his life is in no way any of your business. You don't not sign his checks.

Doubt it. He'll get hurt, and Shanahan will find out just how expendable he is.

He plays a professional sport. If he doesn't want his personal life out there, he has two choices:

1. Live a respectable and responsible life, or
2. Get out of the game.

Retired_Member_001
05-15-2008, 03:31 PM
Because he is the best option we have at TB in Denver. All those other guys are garbage. In another team, guys like Young, Torrain, and Hall wouldn't even make the roster. That good enough?

Again, your extreme love of Travis Henry is shown.

You again are trying to play it down. It's obvious you are a big fan of Travis Henry and it's obvious that now you are trying to play down your fandom whilst being directly confronted. There's nothing wrong with liking a guy, but it shouldn't cloud your judgement.

Another way your fandom of Travis Henry is shown is when you say that SELVIN YOUNG couldn't make another teams roster. SELVIN YOUNG? The guy who was second in the league in avg yards for rookies? The guy who has shown he can burn guys with his lighting speed and amazing cutback ability. I don't think Selvin Young is the "answer" in Denver simply because he can't take hits. Saying he couldn't make the roster on other teams is just wrong and means you have watched 0% of Selvin Young last season.

Andre Hall is a talented back. Ran for 98 yards the one game he was asked to carry the load. Nothing amazing, but he got a job done for us.

Now here's the one that really gets me. How can you say Torrain is garbage and wouldn't make other teams rosters WHEN HE HASN'T EVEN CARRIED THE BALL IN THE NFL YET? Be reasonable please.

It's not like I'm a fan of Selving Young, Andre Hall or Ryan Torrain or anything. In fact I wanted us to draft Jonathan Stewart. It's just what you are saying is unreasonable.

Nature Boy
05-15-2008, 03:32 PM
O yea, it's amusing that a 5th rounder, a guy most you guys never even heard of or even seen before gets all this praise. I've heard this song before from Coach Shanahan's draft selections. Until I see something from Torrain in a Broncos uniform in preseason, I've got him penciled in behind Hall and probably headed to the practice field.

Nature Boy
05-15-2008, 03:35 PM
He plays a professional sport. If he doesn't want his personal life out there, he has two choices:

1. Live a respectable and responsible life, or
2. Get out of the game.

Why don't people such as yourself just mind your own business and watch the darn game and how he plays it. Did he "hit it and quite it" on your sister? Than it's not your business. You do not pay for his kids expenses do you?

Retired_Member_001
05-15-2008, 03:36 PM
I'm happy with Running Back by Committee, frankly. Torain may fit that nicely, and Young should be good for 10-15 carries a game. Throw in some carries by Hillis/Sapp/Hall/Alridge, or whomever and we can come up with a solid running game, esp. if this line is a better product than the '07 version - which I think it will be. I think regardless of anything else this is Henry's last year here.

I prefer to have "The Guy" and then have another sturdy back who can spell him when he is tired. Like LT and Turner last season.

I do think Running back by committee could work for us. We've got a good mixture of players with different abilities.

We're going to have to wait and see.

Retired_Member_001
05-15-2008, 03:37 PM
O yea, it's amusing that a 5th rounder, a guy most you guys never even heard of or even seen before gets all this praise. I've heard this song before from Coach Shanahan's draft selections. Until I see something from Torrain in a Broncos uniform in preseason, I've got him penciled in behind Hall and probably headed to the practice field.

Fine.

You want to right off the guy? Right him off. How can you explain calling Selving Young garbage though?

In fact I agree with GEM completely. You've GOT to be Travis Henry.

GEM
05-15-2008, 03:38 PM
Why don't people such as yourself just mind your own business and watch the darn game and how he plays it. Did he "hit it and quite it" on your sister? Than it's not your business. You do not pay for his kids expenses do you?

I tried to all last season and all I kept seeing was him grimacing on the ground in pain. I tried watching him out with the Titans and before that with the Bills.....so much talent (coughbscough) yet can't keep a steady job. Premiere high ranking RB's don't get shipped to 3 teams in a short 7 year career.

BroncoJoe
05-15-2008, 03:38 PM

Believe me - I watch the games. I especially liked seeing him on the sideline for 1/2 the year doing jack squat.

On the otherhand, maybe he was out looking for big mama #10?

It's my business since I help pay his salary. Where do you think Bowlen get's the money to pay him? From the sky?

Nature Boy
05-15-2008, 03:39 PM
Again, your extreme love of Travis Henry is shown.

You again are trying to play it down. It's obvious you are a big fan of Travis Henry and it's obvious that now you are trying to play down your fandom whilst being directly confronted. There's nothing wrong with liking a guy, but it shouldn't cloud your judgement.

Another way your fandom of Travis Henry is shown is when you say that SELVIN YOUNG couldn't make another teams roster. SELVIN YOUNG? The guy who was second in the league in avg yards for rookies? The guy who has shown he can burn guys with his lighting speed and amazing cutback ability. I don't think Selvin Young is the "answer" in Denver simply because he can't take hits. Saying he couldn't make the roster on other teams is just wrong and means you have watched 0% of Selvin Young last season.

Andre Hall is a talented back. Ran for 98 yards the one game he was asked to carry the load. Nothing amazing, but he got a job done for us.

Now here's the one that really gets me. How can you say Torrain is garbage and wouldn't make other teams rosters WHEN HE HASN'T EVEN CARRIED THE BALL IN THE NFL YET? Be reasonable please.

It's not like I'm a fan of Selving Young, Andre Hall or Ryan Torrain or anything. In fact I wanted us to draft Jonathan Stewart. It's just what you are saying is unreasonable.

Who cares what Young can do or Hall or anyone other RB we have. Who is the best TB in Denver? That's right, it's Travis Henry.

Jonathan Stewart? Before Clady? Proves how much you know. Our Oline would still be in the crapper without Clady right now even though it's only on paper as it is. Your comments will now forver be discounted. Stewart before Clady, what a joke.

GEM
05-15-2008, 03:40 PM
Who cares what Young can do or Hall or anyone other RB we have. Who is the best TB in Denver? That's right, it's Travis Henry.

Jonathan Stewart? Before Clady? Proves how much you know. Our Oline would still be in the crapper without Clady right now even though it's only on paper as it is. Your comments will now forver be discounted. Stewart before Clady, what a joke.

It is him!! He's looking at Clady to save his career. :lol:

BroncoJoe
For someone who claims to have "superior" knowledge, I'm really starting to question the definition of knowledge.

Retired_Member_001
I tried to all last season and all I kept seeing was him grimacing on the ground in pain. I tried watching him out with the Titans and before that with the Bills.....so much talent (coughbscough) yet can't keep a steady job. Premiere high ranking RB's don't get shipped to 3 teams in a short 7 year career.

I tried to watch him in Tennessee and Buffalo. All I saw was him on the sidelines getting his ankles strapped up and his dick massaged.

Retired_Member_001
05-15-2008, 03:43 PM

Ever heard of Free Agency?

Yeah that's right, it's when you get to sign players.

If we signed a couple of free agents (Jake Scott being one), we could have taken Jonathan Stewart in the first round as well as some offensive tackles in other rounds and the offensive line would still be pretty decent.

Who cares about Selvin Young? Come on man! You've got to see that Selving Young is talented.

In fact I think he's currently a better runner than Slow coach Travis. Of course with the ammount of times Travis gets women knocked up, there's no suprised he cannot run fast.

Dreadnought
05-15-2008, 03:48 PM
I tried to watch him in Tennessee and Buffalo. All I saw was him on the sidelines getting his ankles strapped up and his dick massaged.

Then you missed him in the Buffalo media whining constantly. He did that too, in addition to underperforming badly enough that they drafted Willis McGahee.

Retired_Member_001
05-15-2008, 03:50 PM
Then you missed him in the Buffalo media whining constantly. He did that too, in addition to underperforming badly enough that they drafted Willis McGahee.

So injury prone, drug problems ,attitude problems, condom problems and whining?

How else do you spell Cancer.

Nature Boy
05-15-2008, 03:50 PM

Want a signature beat? By mid season, Henry will have the best stats of all our RBs. Not only best stats, all of Broncoland will be praising him, yourself included.

Believe me - I watch the games. I especially liked seeing him on the sideline for 1/2 the year doing jack squat.

On the otherhand, maybe he was out looking for big mama #10?

It's my business since I help pay his salary. Where do you think Bowlen get's the money to pay him? From the sky?

You can keep your 5 bucks.

Apparently you did not see him in Buffalo his 1st 3 yrs in Buffalo before a major injury. After his was shipped to Tenn cause of money issues in Buffalo, Henry had a great yr, then got hurt on his 2nd yr in Tenn. We know what happened to him last year. We brings us to now and my point. Henry is the best TB option in Denver and he'll tear it up this season as he'll be refreshed, injury free and without the NFL breathing down his neck.

Dreadnought
05-15-2008, 03:53 PM
So injury prone, drug problems ,attitude problems, condom problems and whining?

How else do you spell Cancer.

Exactly. Thats why character counts, and why I'm so happy we've started ridding the roster of A-holes.

BroncoJoe
05-15-2008, 03:54 PM
Apparently you did not see him in Buffalo his 1st 3 yrs in Buffalo before a major injury. After his was shipped to Tenn cause of money issues in Buffalo, Henry had a great yr, then got hurt on his 2nd yr in Tenn. We know what happened to him last year. We brings us to now and my point. Henry is the best TB option in Denver and he'll tear it up this season as he'll be refreshed, injury free and without the NFL breathing down his neck.

I wouldn't call those FOUR years in BUF great:

Rushing Receiving
Year Age Tm Pos G GS Att Yds TD Lng Y/A Y/G A/G Rec Yds Y/R TD Lng R/G Y/G YScm RRTD Fmb
2001 23 BUF RB 13 12 213 729 4 25 3.4 56.1 16.4 22 179 8.1 0 40 1.7 13.8 908 4 5
2002* 24 BUF RB 16 16 325 1438 13 34 4.4 89.9 20.3 43 309 7.2 1 26 2.7 19.3 1747 14 11
2003 25 BUF RB 15 15 331 1356 10 64 4.1 90.4 22.1 28 158 5.6 1 18 1.9 10.5 1514 11 7
2004 26 BUF rb 10 5 94 326 0 19 3.5 32.6 9.4 10 45 4.5 0 10 1.0 4.5 371 0 0

Retired_Member_001
05-15-2008, 03:55 PM

Those are alot of ifs. If he is refreshed. IF he is injury free. IF the NFL don't come breathing down his neck because he's been smoking something. IF baby mommas start breathing down his neck.

At least we have Travis Henry's off spring to look forward to:

http://adoptavillageinc.com/images/pics/group-children.jpg

Medford Bronco
05-15-2008, 04:06 PM
Fine.

You want to right off the guy? Right him off. How can you explain calling Selving Young garbage though?

In fact I agree with GEM completely. You've GOT to be Travis Henry.

Selvin is a good RB and had a good year last season, better than
"father of the year" did

Henry is a scumbag, enough said.

I hate the guy, I wish we cut him tomorrow and I would love it.

great role model for my kids :rolleyes:

he is a reverse role model.. do exactly the opposite of this scum.

I hope Selvin is great in the preseason and wins the job

Nature Boy
05-15-2008, 04:09 PM
I wouldn't call those FOUR years in BUF great:

Rushing Receiving
Year Age Tm Pos G GS Att Yds TD Lng Y/A Y/G A/G Rec Yds Y/R TD Lng R/G Y/G YScm RRTD Fmb
2001 23 BUF RB 13 12 213 729 4 25 3.4 56.1 16.4 22 179 8.1 0 40 1.7 13.8 908 4 5
2002* 24 BUF RB 16 16 325 1438 13 34 4.4 89.9 20.3 43 309 7.2 1 26 2.7 19.3 1747 14 11
2003 25 BUF RB 15 15 331 1356 10 64 4.1 90.4 22.1 28 158 5.6 1 18 1.9 10.5 1514 11 7
2004 26 BUF rb 10 5 94 326 0 19 3.5 32.6 9.4 10 45 4.5 0 10 1.0 4.5 371 0 0

I said 1st 3 yrs before a major injury. Reread, son.

BroncoJoe
05-15-2008, 04:12 PM
I said 1st 3 yrs before a major injury. Reread, son.

#1, I'm fairly confident I could be your father, son. 2nd, even looking at the first THREE years, he was not a great back.

#2, Do you have a poster of him above your bed?

Nature Boy
05-15-2008, 04:13 PM
Selvin is a good RB and had a good year last season, better than
"father of the year" did

Henry is a scumbag, enough said.

I hate the guy, I wish we cut him tomorrow and I would love it.

great role model for my kids :rolleyes:

he is a reverse role model.. do exactly the opposite of this scum.

I hope Selvin is great in the preseason and wins the job

Get over it lady. Are you upset you're not one of the Baby Mamas that get $4k+ a month for child support. I thought I've already said it a million times. This is football and let's talk about football. If Henry doesn't produce in 2008, I'll be the 1st to buy him a train ticket out of town.

You kids should have to look towards Travis Henry as their role models, you should be their role models.

Retired_Member_001
05-15-2008, 04:17 PM
Jake Scott is the answer for the Broncos? haha! You call yourself a writer? LOL! Obviously we know why you don't get paid doing it.

There is no talented FA OTs in the league. Did you see the mad rush for OTs in the 1st round of the draft after we took Clady. Chris Baker and Duane Brown, projected 2nd-3rd rounders were picked in the 1st round by Atlanta and Houston. Chris Baker was selected by Atlanta when Mendandall was still on the board. You are kidding yourself thinking that we're find an OT that will be able to make an immediate impact for us in 2008 as we all know how great our Oline the last 2 season was right?

Travis is a better runner that Travis Henry? As in as a RB? If he is, why are we even talking about Travis Henry at all. Why did we bring him in in the 1st place? For a guy that is 5'9'' and 230lbs, Travis Henry is the best runner with that kidn of build. The guy's had cut back and wiggle like no other at 230lbs.

Selvin Young is not even better than Tatum bell. Aside from that, Selvin Young will be coming back from knee surgery.

And you call yourself a writer? O yea, I read your last piece on Medanhall and Parker in Pitt... ***Yawn*** :coffee:

I don't get paid for writing because I'm still a student. I've been told by many PROFFESIONALS that there is a life for me in writing and I am exploring that option. In fact, why do I have to explain my life to you? You think you can write better, go and do so.

Your criticism is baseless, therefore it has no meaning.

Anyhow, my plan was for us to go with a makeshift line for another year so we could secure the running back of the future for us. Then NEXT season we would go for the offensive line overhaul. In my opinion, we fixed the offensive line this season and then we'll fix running back NEXT season.

By the way, Jake Scott just came off of the top of my head. He's a pretty good RG by the way, not too pricey either.

Medford Bronco
Get over it lady. Are you upset you're not one of the Baby Mamas that get $4k+ a month for child support. I thought I've already said it a million times. This is football and let's talk about football. If Henry doesn't produce in 2008, I'll be the 1st to buy him a train ticket out of town.

You kids should have to look towards Travis Henry as their role models, you should be their role models.

Its a point of reference and I think he is a scum. sorry and I am far from a lady.

You must be either

Travis Himself

his agent
or have him on your fantasy football team
and are praying he does well for you.

He is a scumbag and your rebuttle will not get me to change my mind.

a real father is not about paying child support, its about being there to raise your kids as a dad but Travis the scum is no where to be found and is too busy smoking weed to care.

He is pond scum.

Nature Boy
2nd, even looking at the first THREE years, he was not a great back.

Travis Henry's 2nd and 3rd yr in the league when he was the Buffalo's featured back, he killed. His 3rd yr in Buffalo, he was a pro-bowler. Apparently you missed that.

Poster? I have a giant picture of this in my room ====> http://img.alibaba.com/photo/11542008/Heineken_Beer.jpg

a real beer.

Retired_Member_001
05-15-2008, 04:18 PM

You got kids?

I don't, that's why I'm not pretending to know how hard it is.

Nature Boy
05-15-2008, 04:18 PM
I don't get paid for writing because I'm still a student. I've been told by many PROFFESIONALS that there is a life for me in writing and I am exploring that option. In fact, why do I have to explain my life to you? You think you can write better, go and do so.

Your criticism is baseless, therefore it has no meaning.

Anyhow, my plan was for us to go with a makeshift line for another year so we could secure the running back of the future for us. Then NEXT season we would go for the offensive line overhaul. In my opinion, we fixed the offensive line this season and then we'll fix running back NEXT season.

By the way, Jake Scott just came off of the top of my head. He's a pretty good RG by the way, not too pricey either.

Stay on school son.

Medford Bronco
05-15-2008, 04:19 PM
Stay on school son.

who are you to judge his writing.

you are far from an expert on him getting paid by a publication

you are just a Travis Shill

for that lowlife overrated RB :coffee:

Retired_Member_001
05-15-2008, 04:20 PM
I'd also like to stop any aggression going around right now so we don't get mods in here.

GEM
Want a signature beat? By mid season, Henry will have the best stats of all our RBs. Not only best stats, all of Broncoland will be praising him, yourself included.

You can keep your 5 bucks.

I wouldn't praise Travis Henry if he got us to 2000 yds and 15 tds. I have standards and carrying a football isn't one of them. He's trash, whether he can carry a ball or not. Signature bet? What is this? Kindergarten? :lol:

BroncoJoe
This is football and let's talk about football.

The original post was mocking Travis. You're the only one taking it off topic.

tubby
05-15-2008, 04:23 PM
Guys, Travis Henry is going to be our starting RB. Let's not hate. Maybe he has turned over a new leaf. 1500 yards and 15 TD's. Selvin Young is a good change of pace back but he will never carry the load.

Big Hoss!! :salute:

GEM
05-15-2008, 04:23 PM
Stay on school son.

Isn't that supposed to be stay IN school son? Pot, meet kettle. LMAO!! :laugh:

Retired_Member_001
05-15-2008, 04:25 PM
Isn't that supposed to be stay IN school son? Pot, meet kettle. LMAO!! :laugh:

:laugh:

dogfish
05-15-2008, 04:27 PM
You can keep your love for Travis in your pants.

:rofl:

[/THREAD]

Medford Bronco
05-15-2008, 04:29 PM
:rofl:

[/THREAD]

Its Travis's Agent or he has him on his FF team.

the injury prone scumbag whom I wish we cut.

I would go with Selvin and the kids over this loser

BroncoJoe
05-15-2008, 04:29 PM
Travis Henry's 2nd and 3rd yr in the league when he was the Buffalo's featured back, he killed. His 3rd yr in Buffalo, he was a pro-bowler. Apparently you missed that.

Actually, it was his 2nd year where he was a pro-bowler. Still not impressive. He was 5th in yards, and 4th in carries. Ricky Williams, LT, Larry Johnson and Clinton Portis were all ahead of him in yards. Someone must have been hurt, or didn't want to play in the Pro-Bowl, cause he certainly wasn't the best. Nor did he have a "great" year.

Oh, he also fumbled 11 times that year.

Quite a special player. Wonder how many kids he fathered in 2002?

Retired_Member_001
05-15-2008, 04:30 PM
Actually, it was his 2nd year where he was a probowler. Still not impressive. He was 5th in yards, and 4th in carries. Ricky Williams, LT, Larry Johnson and Clinton Portis were all ahead of him in yards.

Probably as many as the ammount of balls he fumbled.

Nature Boy
05-15-2008, 04:31 PM
Its a point of reference and I think he is a scum. sorry and I am far from a lady.

You must be either

Travis Himself

his agent
or have him on your fantasy football team
and are praying he does well for you.

He is a scumbag and your rebuttle will not get me to change my mind.

a real father is not about paying child support, its about being there to raise your kids as a dad but Travis the scum is no where to be found and is too busy smoking weed to care.

He is pond scum.

who are you to judge his writing.

you are far from an expert on him getting paid by a publication

you are just a Travis Shill

for that lowlife overrated RB :coffee:

Honey, I don't think you're sunshine herself. And if you don't have anything else insightful regarding football or Travis Henry, please get off the board and go watch your kids. They might be watching Travis Henry high-lights as we speak.

Medford Bronco
05-15-2008, 04:32 PM
Actually, it was his 2nd year where he was a pro-bowler. Still not impressive. He was 5th in yards, and 4th in carries. Ricky Williams, LT, Larry Johnson and Clinton Portis were all ahead of him in yards. Someone must have been hurt, or didn't want to play in the Pro-Bowl, cause he certainly wasn't the best. Nor did he have a "great" year.

yeah and dont forget he played for the powerhouse Buffalo Bills team that never made the playoffs when he was there. :clap2: great work Travis

you are so awesome. :rolleyes:

Medford Bronco
05-15-2008, 04:33 PM
Honey, I don't you you're sunshine herself. And if you don't have anything else insightful regarding football or Travis Henry, please get off the board and go watch your kids. They might be watching Travis Henry high-lights as we speak.

You have no right to tell me where to go, I am voicing my opion here
and clearly you have a loud one about your overrated boy Travis "father of the Year" henry yourself :rolleyes:

Retired_Member_001
05-15-2008, 04:34 PM
Honey, I don't you you're sunshine herself. And if you don't have anything else insightful regarding football or Travis Henry, please get off the board and go watch your kids. They might be watching Travis Henry high-lights as we speak.

That's personal.

Med is a well respected guy on this board and has been a well respected guy on other Broncos messageboards. You can't tell him to get off.

See your love of Henry is forcing things to get personal. We were having a discussion untill you started to call me out.

I ask again, have you got kids?

Nature Boy
05-15-2008, 04:34 PM

You forget, Travis henry was in his 2nd year playing for a dismal Buffalo team and he made the pro-bowls. Was he a sub? I don't know, go look it up and tell me. It's still quite an accomplishment the last time I checked just making the Pro-bowl. Jake Plummer was a sub. Jon Lynch was a sub last yr. Who else. Does that diminish their pro-bowl prowess? I don't think so, but apparently you do.

dogfish
05-15-2008, 04:35 PM

you're telling med to get off the board?

:pound:

looks like the group beatdown is really getting to you. . . why don't you go take your ritalin and try to relax? sometimes, discretion really is the better part of valor. . .

Nature Boy
05-15-2008, 04:37 PM
Keep masturbating to Travis Henry. It's the only thing you're good at.

O, now were going into direct insults? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Straighten your collar son, it's only football banter. If can't handle the heat, get out. :beer:

Nature Boy
05-15-2008, 04:38 PM
I wouldn't praise Travis Henry if he got us to 2000 yds and 15 tds. I have standards and carrying a football isn't one of them. He's trash, whether he can carry a ball or not. Signature bet? What is this? Kindergarten? :lol:

Sacred? Back up what you say. O but you don't have balls. It's OK, you get a pass.