PDA

View Full Version : Marcus Thomas cleared on drug charges:

turftoad
05-10-2008, 09:36 AM
BRONCOS’ LINEMAN CLEARED ON DRUG CHARGES

On March 1, Denver Broncos defensive tackle Marcus Thomas was arrested for possession of a controlled substance. On May 9, Thomas was cleared of any charges.

“He just wants it to go away,” agent Richard Burnoski said. “He was embarrassed by this.”

“The people that supported him, the Broncos and coach Mike Shanahan, his family and a lot of the fans on the message boards, he thanks them,” Burnoski said. “It’s good to be proven right.”

topscribe
05-10-2008, 09:39 AM
Thanks for the update, Turf.

I hope now that Thomas has learned why he needs not only to avoid the
drugs but to avoid his user former friends.

-----

MOtorboat
05-10-2008, 09:40 AM
Thanks for the update, Turf.

I hope now that Thomas has learned why he needs not only to avoid the
drugs but to avoid his user former friends.

-----

Now that Spring has come and training camp is about two and a half months away, hopefully he'll be in Denver and these losers will be in Jacksonville.

BroncoJoe
05-10-2008, 09:46 AM
... and a lot of the fans on the message boards, he thanks them,” Burnoski said. “It’s good to be proven right.”

That's funny! Glad it's over.

Bronco Bible
05-10-2008, 09:59 AM
That's funny! Glad it's over.

Me too time for some football & not arrests!!!!!!!!! :coffee:

Ziggy
05-10-2008, 10:06 AM
That's great news! I hope Marcus becomes a staple in our defense and really shines this year.

elsid13
05-10-2008, 10:08 AM
That is good news, guess the Dove Valley lie detector worked again!

Wonder what message board he was referring to. Because I don't think it was mane.

Brand
05-10-2008, 10:11 AM
That entire episode was a major Clusterfool. He was getting a ride and had no knowledge of the stash. Moroever, he tested clean right after the event by his former coach.

There were members of this and other boards who were ready to hang his nuggets and toss him out of the city. He has never been arrested for coke, or any other drug. Period. I hope some people will give the kid a break, now, and let him just play football. And the Doubting Thomases (pun intended) should just go mess with themselves.....

I think he can be a force on the Dline. And the jump from the first to the second year is supposed to be the largest. I am pulling for him. I'd like to "adopt" him if he isn't already taken......

Day1BroncoFan
05-10-2008, 10:12 AM
I'm glad about this. :coffee:

elsid13
05-10-2008, 10:16 AM
That entire episode was a major Clusterfool. He was getting a ride and had no knowledge of the stash. Moroever, he tested clean right after the event by his former coach.

There were members of this and other boards who were ready to hang his nuggets and toss him out of the city. He has never been arrested for coke, or any other drug. Period. I hope some people will give the kid a break, now, and let him just play football. And the Doubting Thomases (pun intended) should just go mess with themselves.....

I think he can be a force on the Dline. And the jump from the first to the second year is supposed to be the largest. I am pulling for him. I'd like to "adopt" him if he isn't already taken......

Your are correct he never been arrested but he has tested positive for weed and had some run ins. There was reason he fell in the draft. So you can hardly say it wasn't stretch for some to jump to conclusion on his behavior.

I glad this behind him, but Thomas needs to understand that there are lot of talented players that failed to get thier shit together and are now out of the NFL.

Bad Intentions
05-10-2008, 11:24 AM
Your are correct he never been arrested but he has tested positive for weed and had some run ins. There was reason he fell in the draft. So you can hardly say it wasn't stretch for some to jump to conclusion on his behavior.

I glad this behind him, but Thomas needs to understand that there are lot of talented players that failed to get thier shit together and are now out of the NFL.

Very true. For the record, I thought it was a non-issue from the beginning. I was ready to hang him by the nuggets when that April 1st story broke! I bought that one hook, line, and sinker! Got me good, I must admit!

ApaOps5
05-10-2008, 11:27 AM
That is good news, guess the Dove Valley lie detector worked again!

Wonder what message board he was referring to. Because I don't think it was mane.

No definitely not the mane.

Lonestar
05-10-2008, 11:49 AM
No definitely not the mane.

Unless he was a lurker here or a visitor not here either..

I'm guessing he was talking about one on the mania and any back in his home area..

Slick
05-10-2008, 01:38 PM
Good news. Hopefully the next time Marcus makes the papers it's because he had 2 sacks and a forced fumble.

dogfish
05-10-2008, 01:43 PM
:whoo: :whoo:

very, very good news! we're counting on this guy to be a big part of our rebuilt line, probably a starter-- we need him on the field and focused, not suspended. . .

it's kinda cool to see that people do pay attention to the message boards. . . .

sanluis
05-10-2008, 01:57 PM
Like others have said he needs to stay away from the people that have been dragging him down. Move to Denver and stay away from people that will have drugs/guns in their cars or he is going to blow this huge opportunity.

:2cents:

SOCALORADO.
05-10-2008, 01:58 PM
Good news. Hopefully the next time Marcus makes the papers it's because he had 2 sacks and a forced fumble.

Nice!:defense:

Timmy!
05-10-2008, 05:30 PM
Good news. Hopefully the young man learned his lesson.

Brand
05-10-2008, 06:44 PM

There was no legal issues. He broke a school rule, and admitted he did the pot stuff. Frankly, there are several or a few members of this forum who have had more "run-ins" then Thomas. What he has is a reputation. That's like a bad rumor that never stops.

I am not particularly noble about defending him, but it does seem that there are some folks whoi just don't want to give him a chance. Moreover, if he does do well, the headlines will be sure to mention that he "had character issues". That whole argument was held on the Mane and I really don't need to rehash it. My entire point is simply: CUT THE BOY A BREAK!!!

Lonestar
05-10-2008, 06:52 PM
There was no legal issues. He broke a school rule, and admitted he did the pot stuff. Frankly, there are several or a few members of this forum who have had more "run-ins" then Thomas. What he has is a reputation. That's like a bad rumor that never stops.

I am not particularly noble about defending him, but it does seem that there are some folks whoi just don't want to give him a chance. Moreover, if he does do well, the headlines will be sure to mention that he "had character issues". That whole argument was held on the Mane and I really don't need to rehash it. My entire point is simply: CUT THE BOY A BREAK!!!

Lets see if you break a rule does not not qualify for a legal problem? He did it twice if I remember correctly and the second time thought the rules/laws did not apply to him..

illegal

1. forbidden by law or statute.
2. contrary to or forbidden by official rules, regulations, etc.:

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/illegal

I can see how folks might use the incorrect connotation..

"Forgive them Father, for they know not what they do"..:salute:

broncohead
05-10-2008, 10:54 PM
So just because he smoked weed and got caught doesn't mean that he'll do it again. There are plenty of people who have smoked and more but never got caught. People change and learn from their mistakes. To bad Thomas will carry that "character" label with him till he's out of the NFL even if he doens't have anymore problems.

broncohead
05-10-2008, 10:59 PM
Lets see if you break a rule does not not qualify for a legal problem? He did it twice if I remember correctly and the second time thought the rules/laws did not apply to him..

illegal

1. forbidden by law or statute.
2. contrary to or forbidden by official rules, regulations, etc.:

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/illegal

I can see how folks might use the incorrect connotation..

"Forgive them Father, for they know not what they do"..:salute:

So you have never broken the law? We should all strive to be like you.

Lonestar
05-10-2008, 11:20 PM
So you have never broken the law? We should all strive to be like you.

Good idea.. everyone like ME. What a wonderful idea..

topscribe
05-10-2008, 11:21 PM

:faint:

-----

broncosfanscott
05-10-2008, 11:35 PM
I was very glad that this is done and he and the Broncos don't have to worry about this anymore. I hope Thomas takes this lesson and learns from it.

Be smart.

Superchop 7
05-10-2008, 11:40 PM
I could care less about weed.

Seriously.

Cocaine, you want to talk about coke ?

Look up the name David Rome on the Colorado Inmates Website.

My friend for many years.

Nice home.

Beautiful wife.

Let me drive his Vette any time I wanted.

Enter coke.

Life is ruined.

30 year sentence.

He is a good man despite his addiction, I pray for him everyday.

Back to Marcus,

The "shout out" to the homies on the boards was nice,

He obviously cares, his heart is in the right place.

In my book, that's all that matters.

Brand
05-10-2008, 11:43 PM
Lord, grant me strength to suffer the fools......

Deputy Dawg Rides again.....

Superchop 7
05-10-2008, 11:58 PM
Lord, grant me strength to suffer the fools......

Deputy Dawg Rides again.....

__________________________________________________ __________________________________

Wow, your amazing.:coffee:

Ziggy
05-11-2008, 08:07 AM
So just because he smoked weed and got caught doesn't mean that he'll do it again. There are plenty of people who have smoked and more but never got caught. People change and learn from their mistakes. To bad Thomas will carry that "character" label with him till he's out of the NFL even if he doens't have anymore problems.

Sometimes that's true, but not always. Warren Sapp was labeled as having character problems after coming up positive for marijuana on a drug test prior to the draft. He dropped down in the first round, Tampa Bay snatched him up, and he never had another problem. He was never really labelled as a guy with bad character again. If Marcus keeps his nose clean from here on out he should be able to overcome the rep.

WARHORSE
05-11-2008, 11:44 AM

Wow. Trapped in my own body being like Jrwizzer..................BRRRRR!

:tsk:I no like it.:tsk:

I vote NO. :tsk:

TXBRONC
05-11-2008, 07:03 PM
Thanks Turf I appreciated the update. :salute:

shank
05-11-2008, 10:51 PM
marcus interview coming up on fox

Lonestar
05-11-2008, 10:52 PM
marcus interview coming up on fox

fox news channel or fox denver ?

shank
05-11-2008, 11:01 PM
sorry, fox denver.

it was really poorly done imo. they played music througout, and marcus is soft spoken so you couldn't hear him well. they constantly cut to images of guns and handcuffs and police sirens to make it dramatic...

it was really dumb if you ask me.

but marcus described pretty much what we had guessed. he basically said that it's hard to let go of these guys (his fl friends) cause he loves them like brothers, but that he needs to step back and take care of his business to have a long and prosperous nfl career.

he said that he and his agent expected it to be the end of his career in the NFL when it all first happened, and that no charges is another chance. he didn't want to lose his dream over something that he didn't even do.

he sounded sincere, and if he can just stay the hell away from these guys, i have no doubts in my mind that he keeps his nose clean.

shank
06-06-2008, 03:50 PM
http://www.denverbroncos.com/page.php?id=609

when asked what lesson he learned from the incident, marcus says, "stay out of jacksonville."