PDA

View Full Version : For shame, New England!

dogfish
05-05-2010, 07:54 PM
Schoolkids disappointed when Patriots don't show up
Posted by Michael David Smith on May 5, 2010 6:12 PM ET

Students at Lebanon Middle School in Lebanon, Connecticut, thought they were going to work out with members of the New England Patriots on Tuesday. Instead they got a Patriots intern with an aerobics video.

"I think the hardest thing yesterday was seeing all my kids coming down they had their Sharpies and their footballs and their jerseys and I was like, gosh, what am I gonna do," said physical education and health teacher Alyssa Fabry.

The school participated in the NFL's Play 60 program, which encourages young people to stay active, and they were told they were being rewarded with a visit from the Patriots that would include "celebrity coaches." The school assumed that meant Patriots players and coaches.

But it was just the Patriots intern who attended the event, and a Patriots spokesman told WTNH that "celebrity coaches" actually meant someone like the town's mayor or the school principal would be asked to serve as a coach.

"I don't think I am going to do it again next year," Fabry told the Norwich Bulletin. "They built it up quite a bit and really did not come through."

I have a feeling the Patriots will make it up to the school by having another event, one with a representative of the Patriots who's a little more prominent than an intern.

what are they going to do next, steal from the make-a-wish foundation or sabotage the special olympics?

NightTrainLayne
05-05-2010, 07:56 PM
The mayor or the Principal is a "celebrity" coach? Gimmee a break.

dogfish
05-05-2010, 08:02 PM
bill belichick would steal old ladies' social security if he thought it would help him win. . . :tsk:

KyleOrtonArmySoldier#128
05-05-2010, 08:04 PM
Yeah the general consensus was shame on the other forum that I was discussing this on. Y'all late.

dogfish
05-05-2010, 08:15 PM
http://img443.imageshack.us/img443/7848/helenlovejoyk.jpg (http://img443.imageshack.us/i/helenlovejoyk.jpg/)

Uploaded with ImageShack.us (http://imageshack.us)

Broncolingus
05-05-2010, 08:33 PM
WTF is WTE?

Softskull
05-05-2010, 09:00 PM
No Patriot players showed up, however members of the organization were caught secretly taping the event.

silkamilkamonico
05-05-2010, 09:15 PM
i have a feeling the patriots will make it up to the school by having another event, one with a representative of the patriots who's a little more prominent than an intern.

l o l

Timmy!
05-05-2010, 11:40 PM
Pats=evil.

MNPatsFan
05-07-2010, 08:58 AM
According to this article, the the New England Dairy & Food Council, the local organization involved in the program, is taking full responsibility for the misunderstanding.

http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/extra_points/2010/05/misunderstandin.html

Gary Wheelock, CEO of the non-profit group, sends this statement:

"New England Dairy & Food Council wishes to apologize for our miscommunication that led to student disappointment that a New England Patriots player did not attend the Lebanon CT Middle School assembly program earlier this week.

This was not, in any way, the fault of the Patriots, it was solely New England Dairy & Food Council’s mistake, and we are very sorry.

Wheelock stressed that the Patriots do not deserve any criticism for the mixup and apologizes to the team for subjecting them to negative press.

For the record, the Fuel Up to Play 60 program sponsored by the Council does not have a player appearance component; it is an interactive nutrition and fitness program; there are hundreds of New England schools involved in the program and promising each an appearance by Patriots players is not possible.

It helps to have all the information before condemning a person or team for something they weren't responsible for!;)

PS for those you don't know me, I am just joking because I am usually one of the first people to jump to conclusions and/or condemn a person or team before having all the information.:laugh:

dogfish
05-07-2010, 11:12 AM
well, it's not surprising that one of belly's little worshippers stepped up to take the bullet for him-- don't drink the kool-aid in bellytown!-- but it's still shameful that the pats can't provide a player for ten minutes. . . these children need role models so they won't grow into a life of crime!

wait. . .

the cheating patriots aren't good role models anyway. . .

maybe they can get kevin garnett for an afternoon. . .

MNPatsFan
05-07-2010, 11:24 AM
well, it's not surprising that one of belly's little worshippers stepped up to take the bullet for him-- don't drink the kool-aid in bellytown!-- but it's still shameful that the pats can't provide a player for ten minutes. . . these children need role models so they won't grow into a life of crime!

wait. . .

maybe they can get kevin garnett for an afternoon. . .:rolleyes:

Dog, you forgot to mention that in your world, Belichick and the Patriots are also responsible for all the natural disasters that have occurred, the oil spill in the Gulf of Mexico, the housing market crash, and the United States economic issues for the last 5-9 years.;)

BroncoNut
05-07-2010, 12:43 PM
that poor Intern. Imagine showing up to something like that and having all those long faces. ahh..,, they're probably used to that I suppose

weazel
05-07-2010, 12:50 PM

wait. . .

tobe fair, I would guarantee that none of the players or coaches knew a damn thing about this minor event

dogfish
05-07-2010, 01:55 PM
tobe fair, I would guarantee that none of the players or coaches knew a damn thing about this minor event

and i will guarantee that bill belichick hates children and supports sweatshops!

milehigh
05-07-2010, 02:32 PM
maybe they can get kevin garnett for an afternoon.

Patriots are way better role models than the fake thug that is Kevin Garnett.
:laugh:

http://www.mouthpiecesports.com/blogmedia/2009/04/garnetttaunt.jpg
http://img717.imageshack.us/img717/4888/kgintense2.jpg
http://thezantabakherald.files.wordpress.com/2009/09/kevin-garnett-jose-calderon2.jpg

WTE
05-08-2010, 10:06 AM
It looks like once again the media tried to get a story out quickly without getting all the facts.

In fact, most of the school kids actually enjoyed the presentation from the Patriots intern. The kids really loved a video that showed several Patriots' training with kickboxing.

One kid said, "The video was intense, it was ball and it was juice."

:elefant:

KyleOrtonArmySoldier#128
05-08-2010, 12:43 PM
lmao dude is mean mugging.

OrangeHoof
05-08-2010, 12:50 PM
:rolleyes:

Dog, you forgot to mention that in your world, Belichick and the Patriots are also responsible for all the natural disasters that have occurred, the oil spill in the Gulf of Mexico, the housing market crash, and the United States economic issues for the last 5-9 years.;)

Come to think of it, our national economy was doing great guns until the Patriots started winning. Coincidence? :confused:

OrangeHoof
05-08-2010, 12:53 PM
If the Patriots couldn't even send Tedy Bruschi, they're just heartless.

MNPatsFan
05-08-2010, 06:17 PM
Come to think of it, our national economy was doing great guns until the Patriots started winning. Coincidence? :confused::listen:Yes, it is just coincidence that the Patriots started winning their Super Bowls after "GW" became President and immediately turned our huge surplus into an unprecedented deficit resulting in our economy crashing.;)

I realize my post is more appropriate for the politics forum, but I'm just responding to your post accurately and honestly.:D

MNPatsFan
05-08-2010, 06:21 PM
If the Patriots couldn't even send Tedy Bruschi, they're just heartless.:listen: Psst, Tedy Bruschi works for ESPN now, not the Patriots.;)

But don't let facts get in the way of your posts and arguments.:lol:

Medford Bronco
05-08-2010, 07:12 PM

wait. . .

The koolaide was sour :lol:

OrangeHoof
05-08-2010, 10:25 PM
:listen: Psst, Tedy Bruschi works for ESPN now, not the Patriots.;)

But don't let facts get in the way of your posts and arguments.:lol:

The Patriots still could have sent him. The kids wouldn't have known the difference and it isn't like ESPN (in Bristol, CT) is much of a drive away. Not that Tedy's covering a lot of football in May anyway. I betcha a phone call from Kraft and he would have been there instead of the Patriots looking like a bunch of horse's asses. Heck, if he could have got Troy Brown to join him, it would have been perfect. Nobody needs to know both of them are retired now. :cool:

girler
05-08-2010, 10:33 PM
It looks like once again the media tried to get a story out quickly without getting all the facts.

In fact, most of the school kids actually enjoyed the presentation from the Patriots intern. The kids really loved a video that showed several Patriots' training with kickboxing.

Meanwhile, after the special education kids left the gym, the jocks, nerds, band kids, artists, gifted and talented kids, and the entire staff all decided to become Denver Broncos fans. :coffee:

dogfish
05-10-2010, 07:01 PM

so, new england kids are already quoting tim tebow?

i'm glad the little tykes have found a worthwhile role model-- too bad the local franchise wasn't capable of providing one. . . .

frauschieze
05-10-2010, 07:07 PM
and i will guarantee that bill belichick hates children and supports sweatshops!

BB doesn't hate all children. Someone has to make his hoodies.

Softskull
05-10-2010, 07:15 PM
BB doesn't hate all children. Someone has to make his hoodies.

And he thinks they're yummy. :eek:

WTE
05-11-2010, 06:31 AM
so, new england kids are already quoting tim tebow?

More like they're making fun at him. The 25th pick of the draft. What a stretch.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=myNyMP9ddrg&feature=related

OaklandRaider
05-12-2010, 08:36 PM
This will be the Broncos not showing up to kid's schools in a couple years if Josh McDaniels is still around.

They try to copy everything the Cheatriots do. Everything except for the winning part. :coffee:

dogfish
05-12-2010, 08:59 PM
More like they're making fun at him. The 25th pick of the draft. What a stretch.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=myNyMP9ddrg&feature=related

hey WTE, remember back on mania when you spent all that time laughing about what a bust chad jackson was going to be, and then had to go back and erase all your posts after new england drafted him?

:lol:

now there's a great draft memory!

jhildebrand
05-12-2010, 10:11 PM
bill belichick would steal old ladies' social security if he thought it would help him win. . . :tsk:

Not true! He would videotape it :D

jhildebrand
05-12-2010, 10:13 PM
and i will guarantee that bill belichick hates children

Not true! He hired Josh McDaniels [:tsk: I probably shouldn't be smacking my team :tsk:]

BoltWalt
05-13-2010, 12:16 AM
:rolleyes:

Dog, you forgot to mention that in your world, Belichick and the Patriots are also responsible for all the natural disasters that have occurred, the oil spill in the Gulf of Mexico, the housing market crash, and the United States economic issues for the last 5-9 years.;)So what is your point?

Shazam!
05-13-2010, 01:10 AM
Schoolkids disappointed when Patriots don't show up
Posted by Michael David Smith on May 5, 2010 6:12 PM ET

Somebody played a prank on New England. Somebody told the Patriots that the Broncos were going to be there, and since Denver beats them senseless, they were too scared to show up.

Poet
05-13-2010, 01:21 AM
Patriots are way better role models than the fake thug that is Kevin Garnett.
:laugh:

http://www.mouthpiecesports.com/blogmedia/2009/04/garnetttaunt.jpg
http://img717.imageshack.us/img717/4888/kgintense2.jpg
http://thezantabakherald.files.wordpress.com/2009/09/kevin-garnett-jose-calderon2.jpg

KG isn't a thug at all. He's a warrior on the basketball court with no criminal record. He exemplifies hard work and grit. He never spoke poorly of his franchise when he was on the BS T'Wolves.

KG is a beast.

WTE
05-13-2010, 09:34 AM
hey WTE, remember back on mania when you spent all that time laughing about what a bust chad jackson was going to be, and then had to go back and erase all your posts after new england drafted him?

:lol:

now there's a great draft memory!

Ahhhhhhhhh.....memories.

But I was right about Chad Jackson though.

WTE
05-13-2010, 09:41 AM
I'm sure most of you heard that Bill Belichick, Dan Koppen and other representatives of the Patriots showed up at the Lebanon Middle School yesterday for a special appearance the kids will remember the rest of their lives. Even though the Patriots didn't create this mess, they did a great job cleaning it up.

I also heard that Josh McDaniels recently visited his former middle school and gave the kiddies a speech. As a matter of fact, here is his opening statement:

Hi Kids. It's great to be back at my former Middle School. As you know, I am a graduate of the class of 2004 at this school and have many great memories ......

Medford Bronco
05-13-2010, 03:56 PM
This will be the Broncos not showing up to kid's schools in a couple years if Josh McDaniels is still around.

They try to copy everything the Cheatriots do. Everything except for the winning part. :coffee:

Like Oakland has done lots of winning since they had Rich Gannon 8 years ago :lol:

Maybe Oakland should try copying them as well. They must be trying to copy the powerhouse
Browns and Lions for futility :lol: