PDA

View Full Version : 9-11: today we remember

kcvet
09-11-2007, 10:22 AM
what we saw:
video (video)

never thought my generation would see this. or yours. my parents generation remembered pearl harbor. and where they were when they got the news. do you remember where you where the day this happened ???? I do. I was getting ready for work and watching it on the morning news. when the 2nd plane hit the tower I put my coffee cup down and said out loud to myself "we're now at war".

GEM
09-11-2007, 12:15 PM
I was getting ready for work. My mom had my girls that morning. I remember telling her not to send them to school/daycare. My thoughts were that we just didn't know what the terrorists next move was going to be.

My thoughts raced to what those poor people were going through in fighting their way down to the bottom.

My thoughts were with their children and families. Mommy or daddy left for work that morning, perhaps they were in a hurry, perhaps they hadn't gotten to say I love you or kiss their little ones. These poor children would go to sleep that night having lost one of the most important people in their lives. I thought of the people that had innocently gotten onto an airplane, only to be used in a horrific plot to take more innocent lives.

I was so very angry. These people had nothing to do with the problems these terrorists were fighting against. They were utterly and completely innocent. The minute I saw the 2nd plane fly into the 2nd tower, I said to myself...my children will now have no choice but to know what war is.

I was so very proud of the people on the flight that crashed in PA. In that same situation, I questioned if I would have enough in me to do the same that they did. They died to save other innocent lives. They made a decision where they knew in the end, it would probably cost them their own.

I lived in fear for months after that. Not knowing when they would strike next, if they even would. It made me question everything. How could people possibly do this? Had we done things so wrong that these innocent people deserved this?

In the end, I came to the realization that there was nothing we could do to prepare for this kind of tragedy. Even though I knew no one directly affected by these tragedies, I felt every bit of their anguish, every bit of their pain. What I felt in the end, is closer to every person who surrounded me. I felt closer to people I had never met before and probably never will.

It was wonderful to walk down the street and see the American flag everywhere. It was wonderful to see that such a tragedy really could draw everyone together.

Gone, but never forgotten.

Escobar
09-11-2007, 12:18 PM
I can't believe its been six years :shocked:

kcvet
09-11-2007, 12:40 PM
the trip from SAC in Nebraska to DC. armed and ready to shoot anything.

http://www.jsendicott.com/page1/files/page1_blog_entry17_1.jpg