PDA

View Full Version : Police use taser gun on Phillies fan

broncophan
05-04-2010, 11:11 AM
http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=5161474

KyleOrtonArmySoldier#128
05-04-2010, 11:35 AM
Herd was on about it all morning. I agree with Herd on this one tase all the ******* philly fans.

BroncoNut
05-04-2010, 12:07 PM
I think it's pretty funny. the whole story and the video. Everything about it.

Timmy!
05-04-2010, 01:14 PM
Lmao!

Tasers=awesomeness.

KyleOrtonArmySoldier#128
05-04-2010, 01:16 PM
Better to be tased and dazed than beaten with sticks. I like progression.

BroncoNut
05-04-2010, 01:25 PM
Interesting. I was wondering what being tased would be like. Are there any long term affects? Does the victim remember it?

SR
05-04-2010, 09:41 PM
Don't taze me bro.

Lonestar
05-04-2010, 10:22 PM
Herd was on about it all morning. I agree with Herd on this one tase all the ******* philly fans.
Surprised the Philly fans did not stone him to death, they are hard core there.

atwater27
05-04-2010, 10:51 PM
Tazing can actually stop your heart if it is done at just the right moment. It can also kill folks with heart problems. I am all for tazing if an officer's life is threatened or the lives of others if deadly force is not an option. In this case, though, the officer was dead wrong to taze the teenage kid, who was threatening nobody remotely. He should be at the least reprimanded, at the most fired.

Timmy!
05-04-2010, 11:06 PM
Anybody who runs onto the field during a professional sporting event (hell, even major college events), in the day and age we live in, deserves to get the shit tased out of them IMO. Let the morons get what they deserve, 800,000+ volts of attitude adjustment.

atwater27
05-04-2010, 11:29 PM
Yeah. a 17 year old skinny rail of a kid with no weapon. Just tackle the numbnutz and arrest him. 800,000 volts? Good thing you aren't a cop.

Northman
05-04-2010, 11:54 PM
Kid deserved it no question. I bet Monica Seles wished their was an officer back then to taser the ****** that stabbed her. In this day and age you cant be too careful, the idiot had no business being on the field. PERIOD

atwater27
05-04-2010, 11:56 PM
Kid deserved it no question. I bet Monica Seles wished their was an officer back then to taser the ****** that stabbed her. In this day and age you cant be too careful, the idiot had no business being on the field. PERIOD

No valid comparison to Monica Seles. None. Everyone knows it to be a common occurence for idiots to run onto the field. The kid was not acting aggressively and didn't have a knife. Again. Tackle the kid, get him out, move on. Tazing in this case is brutality.

shank
05-05-2010, 12:05 AM
No valid comparison to Monica Seles. None. Everyone knows it to be a common occurence for idiots to run onto the field. The kid was not acting aggressively and didn't have a knife. Again. Tackle the kid, get him out, move on. Tazing in this case is brutality.

maybe the stadium will give him a free waahburger and some french-cries.

if i ran on the field, i would not be the least bit surprised to find myself tazered. it's why i stay in the stands.

Northman
05-05-2010, 12:08 AM

Brutality my ass. It incapacitated him nothing more.

Timmy!
05-05-2010, 12:57 AM
Yeah. a 17 year old skinny rail of a kid with no weapon. Just tackle the numbnutz and arrest him. 800,000 volts? Good thing you aren't a cop.

800,000 volts isn't that strong, well for a stun gun anyway. Most tasers are 50,000. I have a stun gun that is 950,000. Stun guns and tasers have such low amperage (usually only a couple milliamps) that they are rarely lethal. The reason stun guns tend to have such higher voltage is because they have to be held onto an attacker and the prongs are only about 1/2 inch apart, thus the electricity doesn't flow to a very wide area, whereas a taser shoots prongs that get a much wider separation to where the electricity goes, incapacitating many more muscles. As mentioned prior it can be fatal if the person has heart condition, but it's rare and most of the time the autopsy actually rules out the taser as the cause of death. Volts don't kill, amps do. I'd make a fine cop :D

I just don't think this qualifies as brutality. Better safe than sorry.

Timmy!
05-05-2010, 01:17 AM
Interesting. I was wondering what being tased would be like. Are there any long term affects? Does the victim remember it?

It hurts like a mother******!

I'll stun gun you Nut. :D

sneakers
05-05-2010, 02:28 AM
Don't taze me bro.

http://hotimg23.fotki.com/a/192_251/125_85/snakeflagtazething.jpg

BroncoNut
05-05-2010, 09:49 AM
It hurts like a mother******!

I'll stun gun you Nut. :D

I'd rather be hit upside the head with a tire iron.

have you been stunned Timmy?

MileHighCrew
05-05-2010, 09:57 AM
Should save that treatment for Raider fans.

Timmy!
05-05-2010, 10:35 AM

Ya, but only for a split second, one zap so it's not like I got the full wrath of it. After several shots my buddy talked me into it a couple months ago after I had moved back to Montana. Not a good idea, that shit is no joke.

Rick
05-05-2010, 11:57 AM
I rank the don't taze the kid right up there with the "now little johhny, you were a bad boy, now go stand in the corner and ponder life if you don't mind" crap.

How the hell anyone going to learn or care?

The damn kid ran down on the field, should he be told "now that wasn't very well behaved young man, please don't do it again?"

Taze the ******* and next time maybe a brain cell well kick in and say "shit, don't do that".

Lonestar
05-05-2010, 01:48 PM

when Josh drafted him

Dreadnought
05-05-2010, 02:04 PM
Should save that treatment for Raider fans.

That was my thought. Tazers would do good work in the black hole.

Lonestar
05-05-2010, 02:05 PM
That was my thought. Tazers would do good work in the black hole.
Maybe the dog pound also

KCL
05-05-2010, 02:39 PM
What the kid did was stupid..but tazing him wasn't right IMO...Years ago that gal nicknamed the kissing bandit use to do it all the time.

Dreadnought
05-05-2010, 03:10 PM
What the kid did was stupid..but tazing him wasn't right IMO...Years ago that gal nicknamed the kissing bandit use to do it all the time.

You're going soft, KCL. Taze the little snot. Valuable life lesson, free of charge, if not charges

KCL
05-05-2010, 03:15 PM
You're going soft, KCL. Taze the little snot. Valuable life lesson, free of charge, if not charges

No I'm not Dread...just seemed pretty stupid to taze him....I will say that he probably learned a lesson or should have...course I know some people I wouldn't mind tazing...;)

atwater27
05-05-2010, 06:00 PM
What a bunch of dicks. y'all that think it's ok to taze people for nothing. Thank GOD you aren't cops.

MileHighCrew
05-05-2010, 06:03 PM
What a bunch of dicks. y'all that think it's ok to taze people for nothing. Thank GOD you aren't cops.

Come on a little taze is a nice way of saying "you are getting out of line" or "finish your veggies" you know not a huge big deal:coffee:

Broncolingus
05-05-2010, 06:57 PM
http://www.spscriptorium.com/Treats/Spottswoode.jpg

Spottswoode says...

Tasering of numbnuts = justified...

Brutality = Negative Ghostrider...

Timmy!
05-05-2010, 08:51 PM

:laugh:

Yes, we all go around tasing people for no reason. It's great fun. In the grocery store today I tased an old lady for trying to cut in line, a handicapped midget for looking at me funny, a tribal elder for buying smokes (that dick...I've quit and he should know better than to tempt me like that) and countless children, because lets face it, nothing is more entertaining than shocking the piss outta children.

Timmy!
05-05-2010, 09:09 PM
Speaking of cops and tasers, here's a 72 year old granny getting tased by a cop, who was cleared of any wrong doing. Now this I think was over the line, but frankly, you don't screw around with police, just like you don't run out onto the field during a pro sporting event. Bottom line, act like a complete jackass and bad things are gonna happen.

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/AbnoDkS36Dc&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/AbnoDkS36Dc&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Here's a report a of cop tasering an 11 year old.

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/0OnV7e2eNbc&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/0OnV7e2eNbc&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

It's a fine line between appropriate action and excessive force no doubt. Keep in mind that in order to even carry a taser an officer has to be stunned by one so they know what they are packing. Tasers are here to stay, sometimes like in the video examples I think there could have been better ways to go about things, and those were COPS doing the tasing. In regards to pro sporting events anybody that stupid, whether they look like a "real" threat or not should be dealt with non lethally. Tasers do just that. I bet Monica Seles sure as hell wishes tasers were around back when some crazy fan stabbed her in the back.....

But I'm just a dick with a stun gun, what do I know.

BroncoBJ
05-05-2010, 09:38 PM
Got what he deserved. :salute: Typical Philadelphia trash.

milehigh
05-05-2010, 10:11 PM
Does anyone remember the Father and Son who rushed the field and attacked Tom Goboa the Royals first base coach? One of them had a knife on them and was a minor.

Not saying the kid was trying to attack people, but security doesn't know that. If you do something that is illegal and are evading arrest. They have every right to apprehend you.

weazel
05-05-2010, 10:27 PM
they should have kicked him in the ribs a few times when he was laying on the ground. They should taser every loser that leaves his seat and jumps on the field.

weazel
05-05-2010, 10:28 PM
Does anyone remember the Father and Son who rushed the field and attacked Tom Goboa the Royals first base coach? One of them had a knife on them and was a minor.

Not saying the kid was trying to attack people, but security doesn't know that. If you do something that is illegal and are evading arrest. They have every right to apprehend you.

exactly.

KCL
05-05-2010, 11:04 PM
:laugh:

Yes, we all go around tasing people for no reason. It's great fun. In the grocery store today I tased an old lady for trying to cut in line, a handicapped midget for looking at me funny, a tribal elder for buying smokes (that dick...I've quit and he should know better than to tempt me like that) and countless children, because lets face it, nothing is more entertaining than shocking the piss outta children.

I didn't know MO was handicapped.

shank
05-06-2010, 12:23 AM

2:15 mark:
qpSGSna0g5U

shank
05-06-2010, 12:30 AM
Ya, but only for a split second, one zap so it's not like I got the full wrath of it. After several shots my buddy talked me into it a couple months ago after I had moved back to Montana. Not a good idea, that shit is no joke.

my friend has a tazer. not a super strong one, but it's not pleasant.. runs off of a single 9-volt battery, just a self defense one, not a professional security type tazer.

anyway, the other night we were drinking and we decided to play a game. there were 4 of us, and we would name a body part, then all roll a dice. the person who rolled the lowest had to taze that part of their body, then it was their turn to pick the next place to taze.

at the end we saw who could taze them self the longest before letting go of the button. i got 2nd place, but the kid who won was way drunker than me (rationalization).

Lonestar
05-06-2010, 12:40 AM
my friend has a tazer. not a super strong one, but it's not pleasant.. runs off of a single 9-volt battery, just a self defense one, not a professional security type tazer.

anyway, the other night we were drinking and we decided to play a game. there were 4 of us, and we would name a body part, then all roll a dice. the person who rolled the lowest had to taze that part of their body, then it was their turn to pick the next place to taze.

at the end we saw who could taze them self the longest before letting go of the button. i got 2nd place, but the kid who won was way drunker than me (rationalization).

That explains your posts lately:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Timmy!
05-06-2010, 12:41 AM

The one I have runs off 3 of these:

http://www.plumbersurplus.com/images/prod/5/Duracell-28387-rw-98590-163825.jpg

Expensive sob's. Like $12 for just 2 of them.

Here's a pic (not mine, but exact model I have) of the little beast. It came with the little holder too with the belt loop. Pretty slick. Damn thing is tiny and packs a serious punch.

http://phazzer.com/images/firefly950.jpg

http://www.juststunguns.com/image_manager/attributes/image/image_2/41670275_9475831.jpg

A friend of mine back in the Springs has a little 100,000 volt one that runs off a single 9V battery. Much more friendly for acting stupid with, we learned real fast that my firefly is a mean sumbitch. The intense sound it makes when you test fire it is enough to make you want no part of it. Friggin human bug zapper.

shank
05-06-2010, 12:47 AM
in high school, a friend of mine bought a similar 9v one, not the worst hit, but it definitely didn't feel very good.

for like 2 weeks our circle of friends had an ongoing game of tazer tag... you never knew who had the tazer until it was too late. alliances were formed, and it was an exciting couple of weeks.

it ended when a dumbass brought it to school and got caught with it, and the principle destroyed it lol.

Timmy!
05-06-2010, 12:53 AM
in high school, a friend of mine bought a similar 9v one, not the worst hit, but it definitely didn't feel very good.

for like 2 weeks our circle of friends had an ongoing game of tazer tag... you never knew who had the tazer until it was too late. alliances were formed, and it was an exciting couple of weeks.

it ended when a dumbass brought it to school and got caught with it, and the principle destroyed it lol.

Lol! Nice. Ya the weak ones aren't so bad from what I hear, I've never been hit with any other than mine and no way in hell will I do that again. If you test fire it and there is a little arc of electricity and it hums then no worries. If it cackles like a downed power line stay away. That said the sound does make for a great distraction when somebody is trying to sink a put while playing Tiger on the Wii. :lol:

And I wonder why my batteries died.....

shank
05-06-2010, 12:54 AM
Lol! Nice. Ya the weak ones aren't so bad from what I hear, I've never been hit with any other than mine and no way in hell will I do that again. If you test fire it and there is a little arc of electricity and it hums then no worries. If it cackles like a downed power line stay away. That said the sound does make for a great distraction when somebody is trying to sink a put while playing Tiger on the Wii. :lol:

And I wonder why my batteries died.....

the high school one hummed. the one we used the other night crackles, but i'm sure there are much stronger models out there (yours)

Timmy!
05-06-2010, 01:01 AM
the high school one hummed. the one we used the other night crackles, but i'm sure there are much stronger models out there (yours)

It depends. Anything over 100,000+ volts is gonna crackle and pretty much suck. Obviously the more the voltage the more the suckage. It will usually say somewhere on the stun gun what the voltage is. The one I have actually comes in 3 different variations (350, 650, 950), and they all look the same but are marked with their voltage. I've seen ones as weak as 25,000 volts and the most powerful one I've ever seen for sale was 1.1 million volts. :shocked:

Ya pretty much get what you pay for.

Northman
05-06-2010, 07:40 AM

Exactly why you send the message. If im a dick because i would taser some ******** who knows he's not supposed to be on the field than i guess im a dick. If i was a cop though i probably would have far too much fun tasering people. There are a lot of dumbshits on this planet and god only knows they need a good tasering.

weazel
05-06-2010, 10:05 AM
It depends. Anything over 100,000+ volts is gonna crackle and pretty much suck. Obviously the more the voltage the more the suckage. It will usually say somewhere on the stun gun what the voltage is. The one I have actually comes in 3 different variations (350, 650, 950), and they all look the same but are marked with their voltage. I've seen ones as weak as 25,000 volts and the most powerful one I've ever seen for sale was 1.1 million volts. :shocked:

Ya pretty much get what you pay for.

The ones on ebay claim up to 2.8, 3.0, 3.2 million volts. That seems a bit high to be believable

Timmy!
05-06-2010, 10:43 AM
The ones on ebay claim up to 2.8, 3.0, 3.2 million volts. That seems a bit high to be believable

I personally haven't seen any that high, but I wouldn't doubt it. Mine is 3 years old and I haven't looked at any since I bought mine, I'm sure there are far nastier ones out there. Really anything above about 800,000 is just for shits and giggles.