PDA

View Full Version : Brady Quinn Trade to Jags???

MHCBill
05-04-2010, 11:06 AM
Josina Anderson of FOX 31 Denver reports that the Jaguars have interest in Brady Quinn and an unnamed pass rusher on the Broncos' roster.

The pass rusher, specifically a "DE/OLB," could be former first-round pick Jarvis Moss, who's been a bust in Denver and is likely available for cheap. Jags coach Jack Del Rio has been a fan of Quinn dating back to the 2007 draft, when he allegedly wanted to select the Notre Dame quarterback before the Jags took FS Reggie Nelson. According to Anderson, Nelson is available for trade. The Broncos' level of interest in him is unknown, but they're probably willing to part with Quinn after selecting Tim Tebow in the first round. May. 4 - 11:43 am et
Source: Josina Anderson on Twitter

Quinn and Moss for Nelson and a 2011 #3... do it in a heartbeat!!!

Fan in Exile
05-04-2010, 11:10 AM
I don't see any need for Nelson at all. We just don't need a free safety.

Northman
05-04-2010, 11:11 AM
They can have Moss. They can have Quinn too but what exactly are they going to give up?

SOCALORADO.
05-04-2010, 11:11 AM
Wow. Damn, that ruins my crystal ball trade of Orton to BUF on another thread! Darnit!
Nelsons a bust too BTW, and DEN doesnt need a FS. Hill/McBath are way better than the bust Nelson.

SOCALORADO.
05-04-2010, 11:13 AM
Also, MCD better continue his copy cat style of Belicheat and rape JAX of draft picks for Qwinn if its true!

dogfish
05-04-2010, 11:18 AM
hell yes!!

they can have 'em both for a 2013 7th rounder. . . .

TXBRONC
05-04-2010, 11:23 AM
This funny considering I just got done telling Socal in the Quinn thread that I think that the pecking order for our quarterbacks will be Orton, Quinn, and Tebow.

That being said Josina Anderson has never impressed with her ability to scoop a story.

T.K.O.
05-04-2010, 11:25 AM
Jaguars have interest in Brady Quinn
Posted by Gregg Rosenthal on May 4, 2010 12:15 PM ET
There's a few school of thoughts regarding Brady Quinn's future these days.

On NFL Network, Mike Lombardi advanced the idea that Quinn has a legitimate chance to start in Denver sooner than later. He says the Broncos are impressed with what they've seen in Quinn so far. (Insert "Why did they draft Tim Tebow?" comments here.)

Another school of thought is that Quinn is disposable to the Broncos -- no longer necessary.

The Jaguars may subscribe to this second school.

Josina Anderson of FOX 31 in Denver passes along an interesting nugget that the Jaguars have "discussed their interest" in Quinn and a mystery OLB/DE with the Broncos.

It's unclear whether how much interest there is, and whether the Broncos would be willing to move him.

It's clearer that the Broncos and Jaguars will likely deny this report in short order, as to not offend David Garrard and Quinn. But it's something to keep in mind in the late summer, especially if Tebow has a good training camp.

UPDATE: The Broncos wouldn't comment on Jacksonville's interest. They did tell Anderson: "we have no interest in letting go of Quinn." So there you go.

que the "if mcD said it....it's bs"

SOCALORADO.
05-04-2010, 11:26 AM
This funny considering I just got done telling Socal in the Quinn thread that I think that the pecking order for our quarterbacks will be Orton, Quinn, and Tebow.

That being said Josina Anderson has never impressed with her ability to scoop a story.

Like were playing poker, and these QBs are our chips!
I'll see your Qwinn and raise you an Orton!

KyleOrtonArmySoldier#128
05-04-2010, 11:32 AM
I think it'd be fair to part with both players for a 6th round pick.

TXBRONC
05-04-2010, 11:33 AM
Like were playing poker, and these QBs are our chips!
I'll see your Qwinn and raise you an Orton!

I think will end up with three quarterbacks on the active roster and Orton will be one of them.

SOCALORADO.
05-04-2010, 11:37 AM
I think will end up with three quarterbacks on the active roster and Orton will be one of them.

Yeah, cause theres no interest in him! Darnit! Apparently Qwinn is the flavor of the week. Hopefully BUF and MIN are watching and maybe get just a little desperate for a real QB competition themselves, and up the ante for Qwinn!
I would just LOVE for MCD to pull in a nice mid-round pick for him because a team needs depth or a possible starter at QB right now.

GEM
05-04-2010, 11:44 AM
Josina Anderson. /thread.

MileHighCrew
05-04-2010, 11:47 AM
What if it isn't Moss and it is DOOM?

T.K.O.
05-04-2010, 11:50 AM
i realize orton has the year in the system and played pretty well,but i get the feeling mcD might let him go before quinn.
we know he wanted quinn before he got orton and quinn is familiar with the system.
i just see him wanting the most athletic guys in competition and orton is probably the odd man out in that scenario.
that being said if he gets rid of any of the qb's it should be brandstater...the whole idea is to keep the guys who give you the best chance to win NOW and in the future

dogfish
05-04-2010, 11:52 AM

don't you go stepping on my dreams. . . :tsk:

Rick
05-04-2010, 11:59 AM
Would not surprise me. Quin may very well have been nothing more than option B for the future if someone could not be found in the draft Mcdanials liked.

DenBronx
05-04-2010, 12:08 PM
can't we just deal brandstater and moss for a 6th?

i like he competition of orton, quinn and tebow. i want to see the best man win the job. somebodys going to step their game up and who knows.....it could be a rookie qb.

BroncoNut
05-04-2010, 12:11 PM
3 is the limit of qbs that can be on the roster isn't it?

Tempus Fugit
05-04-2010, 12:20 PM
3 is the limit of qbs that can be on the roster isn't it?

Teams have been known to carry 4.

broncoman
05-04-2010, 12:22 PM
We know that Tebow is the guy McD is most commited too.I'd be willing to listen to offers for either Quinn or Orton.Guess it would depend on who has more value to a particular team.3rd round pick depending on performance/playtime incentives maybe?

Nomad
05-04-2010, 12:25 PM
can't we just deal brandstater and moss for a 6th?

i like he competition of orton, quinn and tebow. i want to see the best man win the job. somebodys going to step their game up and who knows.....it could be a rookie qb.

It would be a bummer to see Quinn go because I was looking forward to the uncertainty of who the QB would be and the competition it would bring out!! If it happens hopefully the BRONCOS get something good out of it!!

SOCALORADO.
05-04-2010, 12:39 PM
It would be a bummer to see Quinn go because I was looking forward to the uncertainty of who the QB would be and the competition it would bring out!! If it happens hopefully the BRONCOS get something good out of it!!

I still think Orton has just as much of a chance of being shipped out as Qwinn does. Theres no proof to MCD entertaining thoughts of Trading Qwinn anymore than Orton. Apparently they have NO desire to trade Qwinn.
I think Qwinns skillset fits MCDs offense much better than Ortons.

slim
05-04-2010, 12:52 PM
I don't see how they would go into the season with 3 QBs that have basically no pro experience.

No way they trade Orton.

silkamilkamonico
05-04-2010, 01:01 PM
I don't see how they would go into the season with 3 QBs that have basically no pro experience.

No way they trade Orton.

I agree, and I would be disappointed. I'm not a fan of Orton at all, but IMHO he will give us the best chance of winning this year.

If McDaniels trades Orton he's clearly looking at rebuilding, IMHO. He'll take his lumps this year, and then have the lockout year as an oppurtunity to see where he wants to go with the team. I don't think in any way shape or form we go into 2012 with both Dawkins and Bailey, which will be big losses for our defense.

JMHO.

Denver Native (Carol)
05-04-2010, 01:08 PM
ttp://content.usatoday.com/communities/thehuddle/post/2010/05/broncos-deny-they-are-shopping-qb-brady-quinn-to-the-jaguars/1

The Denver Broncos denied a rumors on Tuesday that QB Brady Quinn could be headed to the Jacksonville Jaguars.

Fox 31-TV in Denver had reported that the Jaguars had discussion about their interest in Quinn, whom the Broncos acquired from the Browns in March.

The team told the TV station they "have no interest in letting go of Quinn."

Quinn is behind starter Kyle Orton on the team's depth chart at QB. The Broncos also drafted QB Tim Tebow in the first round of last month's draft.

Incumbent Jaguars QB David Garrard said Monday he knows he must step up his level of play in the 2010 season. --

claymore
05-04-2010, 01:25 PM
The team always tells the truth to the media.

slim
05-04-2010, 01:28 PM
The team always tells the truth to the media.

And Josina is always on the money.

slim
05-04-2010, 01:30 PM
I agree, and I would be disappointed. I'm not a fan of Orton at all, but IMHO he will give us the best chance of winning this year.

If McDaniels trades Orton he's clearly looking at rebuilding, IMHO. He'll take his lumps this year, and then have the lockout year as an oppurtunity to see where he wants to go with the team. I don't think in any way shape or form we go into 2012 with both Dawkins and Bailey, which will be big losses for our defense.

JMHO.

I can see that happening, except for the lockout part. But that is only because I don't want to live in a world without football.

WARHORSE
05-04-2010, 01:39 PM
I really dont see Denver trading Quinn unless its an offer they cant refuse.

To go into the season with a rookie and a second year QB with no starting experience would be a death sentence should something happen to Orton.

Dont see why Jacksonville doest go after Bulger.

Bulger with an Oline is a different player.

silkamilkamonico
05-04-2010, 01:42 PM
I can see that happening, except for the lockout part. But that is only because I don't want to live in a world without football.

I hate it too, but I think at this point it's almost a given. The latest reports are the owners and the union are further apart then they've ever been, and don't have any forcasting of trying to come to an argeement anytime soon.

hotcarl
05-04-2010, 01:46 PM
josina anderson is a moron

claymore
05-04-2010, 01:49 PM

Brandon Marshall would hit it. Litteraly. :D

SOCALORADO.
05-04-2010, 01:49 PM

Its a slow day Carl.
You could always create a "Josina Anderson is a Moron OFFICIAL THREAD"
to kinda liven the place up a bit!?!
Threads would get merged, fog would slowly lift.........

GEM
05-04-2010, 01:51 PM
Its a slow day Carl.
You could always create a "Josina Anderson is a Moron OFFICIAL THREAD"
to kinda liven the place up a bit!?!
Threads would get merged, fog would slowly lift.........

Let that hit twitter, the twit would probably take it as a compliment.

SOCALORADO.
05-04-2010, 01:54 PM
Let that hit twitter, the twit would probably take it as a compliment.

Carl, comin in hot, bringin his network adminstrative skillz to the twit might be just too much for them to handle!

rationalfan
05-04-2010, 02:01 PM
josina anderson = very sketchy news source.

jhildebrand
05-04-2010, 02:28 PM

:lol:

I was beginning to think I was the only one who thought she is a TERRIBLE "journalist."

Anytime I see a story and see it is by her I quit reading it and move on.

Italianmobstr7
05-04-2010, 02:58 PM
Schefter tweeted that there zero chance of Quinn leaving Broncos this year. Broncos love what he's doing.

broncogirl7
05-04-2010, 03:04 PM
No way is Quinn leaving the Broncos! Josina just wants to stir up a little controversy...

Bosco
05-04-2010, 03:10 PM
Schefter tweeted that there zero chance of Quinn leaving Broncos this year. Broncos love what he's doing.

Once again, Schefter shoots down the hack.

broncofaninfla
05-04-2010, 03:26 PM
Broncos will "never" trade Brady Quinn (http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/05/04/broncos-will-never-trade-brady-quinn/)

Posted by Mike Florio on May 4, 2010 3:57 PM ET
Earlier today, a report emerged that the Jaguars are interested in taking Brady Quinn off the Broncos' hands. For the record, the Broncos told Josina Anderson of FOX 31 in Denver that the team has "no interest" in moving Quinn.

Privately, we're hearing the same thing, in even stronger terms. Specifically, the Broncos say they'll "never" trade Quinn.

And why should they? At $700,000 per year over the next two years, Quinn is a very affordable option at backup quarterback. His contract spikes in 2011 only if he takes 70 percent of the snaps in 2010.

That fact could make Quinn inclined to play for a team where he has a chance to trigger the escalator. But, frankly, he has no say in the matter.

broncophan
05-04-2010, 03:29 PM
no way would McD bring Quinn in and trade him before the season.

slim
05-04-2010, 03:32 PM
I don't know, I saw a spam email that said BQ was on the trading block...so it is probably true.

Lonestar
05-04-2010, 04:50 PM

If the price was right Tebows available.

Medford Bronco
05-04-2010, 04:51 PM
hell yes!!

they can have 'em both for a 2013 7th rounder. . . .

I thought a 2022 9th rounder as that is the first year they will expand the draft back up to 9 rounds ;):lol: (a joke for all of those who dont get it)

honz
05-04-2010, 07:23 PM
If the price was right Tebows available.

God has a no trade clause, JR.

SmilinAssasSin27
05-04-2010, 07:24 PM
Quinn's not going anywhere. Besides, what does Jax have that we would want?

OrangeHoof
05-04-2010, 07:47 PM
Trade the Jags Tebow for a first and a third. - A win-win for everyone.

dogfish
05-04-2010, 08:08 PM
Quinn's not going anywhere. Besides, what does Jax have that we would want?

draft picks!

HORSEPOWER 56
05-04-2010, 08:42 PM
I'd take Reggie Nelson straight up for Jarvis Moss! One Florida "bust" for another.

Actually, I feel kinda bad for Nelson. He was a playmaker in college who, I think, is in a really bad situation in Jax playing behind a defensive front that can't get pressure. I think Jax was one of the worst (if not the worst) at QB pressures and sacks last year. You put him behind Dumervil and our D-line and I bet he easily beats out Hill for the FS spot.

EMB6903
05-04-2010, 09:00 PM
Whats with people calling Nelson a bust?

his rookie year he had a pro bowl caliber season and has started ever since bes been in the league. Aside from Dawkins there isnt a safety better then Nelson on this team. (yes even Mcbath)

I would love him in Denver.

rcsodak
05-04-2010, 09:52 PM
I still think Orton has just as much of a chance of being shipped out as Qwinn does. Theres no proof to MCD entertaining thoughts of Trading Qwinn anymore than Orton. Apparently they have NO desire to trade Qwinn.
I think Qwinns skillset fits MCDs offense much better than Ortons.

What "skillset" are you referring?

His inaccuracy? :coffee:

rcsodak
05-04-2010, 09:56 PM
ttp://content.usatoday.com/communities/thehuddle/post/2010/05/broncos-deny-they-are-shopping-qb-brady-quinn-to-the-jaguars/1

The Denver Broncos denied a rumors on Tuesday that QB Brady Quinn could be headed to the Jacksonville Jaguars.

Fox 31-TV in Denver had reported that the Jaguars had discussion about their interest in Quinn, whom the Broncos acquired from the Browns in March.

The team told the TV station they "have no interest in letting go of Quinn."

Quinn is behind starter Kyle Orton on the team's depth chart at QB. The Broncos also drafted QB Tim Tebow in the first round of last month's draft.

Incumbent Jaguars QB David Garrard said Monday he knows he must step up his level of play in the 2010 season. --

Nothing there that says they won't TRADE him, though. :listen:

Denver Native (Carol)
05-04-2010, 10:17 PM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/05/04/broncos-will-never-trade-brady-quinn/

Posted by Mike Florio on May 4, 2010 3:57 PM ET

Earlier today, a report emerged that the Jaguars are interested in taking Brady Quinn off the Broncos' hands. For the record, the Broncos told Josina Anderson of FOX 31 in Denver that the team has "no interest" in moving Quinn.

Privately, we're hearing the same thing, in even stronger terms. Specifically, the Broncos say they'll "never" trade Quinn.

And why should they? At $700,000 per year over the next two years, Quinn is a very affordable option at backup quarterback. His contract spikes in 2011 only if he takes 70 percent of the snaps in 2010.

That fact could make Quinn inclined to play for a team where he has a chance to trigger the escalator. But, frankly, he has no say in the matter.

dogfish
05-04-2010, 10:25 PM
"Jay Cutler is our quarterback."

"I am not going to be the coach at Alabama."

:heh:

TXBRONC
05-04-2010, 10:35 PM
draft picks!

Besides Nelson they offered a 6th or a 7th rounder (I think).

dogfish
05-04-2010, 10:45 PM
Besides Nelson they offered a 6th or a 7th rounder (I think).

i would take a 6th, a 7th OR nelson. . . and i'll throw in moss if they want him-- or better yet, let's exchange florida busts, and let us see if we can get something out of derrick harvey at linebacker. . .

DenBronx
05-05-2010, 12:04 AM
"Jay Cutler is our quarterback."

"I am not going to be the coach at Alabama."

:heh:

"I did not have sexual relations with that woman"

weazel
05-05-2010, 12:50 AM
Trade the Jags Tebow for a first and a third. - A win-win for everyone.

we'd have to get what we gave up for him...

2 firsts
3 seconds
8 thirds
6 fourths

and the wrath of God for stealing away his son.

hotcarl
05-05-2010, 09:30 AM
http://twitter.com/josinaanderson

so she starts the rumor, then takes credit for squashing the rumor (if you can read her horibble typing and grammar)

she's a ******* gossip columnist posing as a journalist to bang players

BroncoNut
05-05-2010, 09:47 AM

so she starts the rumor, then takes credit for squashing the rumor (if you can read her horibble typing and grammar)

are you the same HotCarl from the freak years ago that used to pal around with Blevens?

jhildebrand
05-05-2010, 11:14 AM

Maybe Fox News can promote her to Paducah, KY or something. That would make me happy.

GEM
05-05-2010, 01:24 PM
Can we get a ban on Josina Anderson please!!!

slim
05-05-2010, 01:30 PM
What is the story behind Josina and her "affection" for players?

I have heard this more than once, but I am not sure what the story is.

gobroncsnv
05-05-2010, 07:08 PM
Maybe Fox News can promote her to Paducah, KY or something. That would make me happy.

Sounds like she'd fit in better with CBS, since forgery and rumor goes hand in hand.

Overtime
05-07-2010, 02:26 PM
I really dont see Denver trading Quinn unless its an offer they cant refuse.

To go into the season with a rookie and a second year QB with no starting experience would be a death sentence should something happen to Orton.

Dont see why Jacksonville doest go after Bulger.

Bulger with an Oline is a different player.

hopefully they'll trade Orton before training camp.

hotcarl
05-07-2010, 06:13 PM
are you the same HotCarl from the freak years ago that used to pal around with Blevens?

i dont believe we have ever met :welcome::gossip::pray::willy::2cents:

hotcarl
05-07-2010, 06:16 PM
http://img192.imageshack.us/img192/8766/titlecreeper2.gif

KyleOrtonArmySoldier#128
05-07-2010, 10:16 PM

He's the same carl from your workplace - the one who calls the shots.
:cool:

jhildebrand
05-07-2010, 11:44 PM
Sounds like she'd fit in better with CBS, since forgery and rumor goes hand in hand.

CBS = See BS

NittanyBuff24
05-09-2010, 06:51 AM
Hell no, they can fing have Orton!

Broncolingus
05-09-2010, 11:18 AM
Hell no, they can fing have Orton!

I agree...

I don't thnk Quinny is going anywhere...