PDA

View Full Version : UEFA Champions League

Pages : [1] 2

Den21vsBal19
08-28-2007, 05:26 PM
Guess I may as well be the one to reintroduce the CL to my fellow Broncomaniacs ;)

Just back from Anfield, where Liverpool comfortably qualified for the group stages with a 4-0 win (5-0 aggregate) over French qualifiers Toulouse with goals from Peter Crouch, stand-in skipper Sami Hyypia & a brace from Dirk Kuyt.

Overall, Toulouse offered very little threat, & Kuyt's two late goals padded the scoreline.

Jaws
08-28-2007, 05:39 PM
I was happy to see my tall twin score.

It was good to have an opportunity to see some of the newer names in the squad play as well.

Nice for your youngster to have four goals to enjoy :D

Looking forward to the draw now.

Den21vsBal19
08-28-2007, 05:46 PM

It was good to have an opportunity to see some of the newer names in the squad play as well.

Unfortunately we only saw 2 of them................something 'spooked' him just before half time so badly we had to leave after about 65 minutes :ugh:

Crouchy scored virtually right in front of us though :D

Jaws
08-28-2007, 05:49 PM
Unfortunately we only saw 2 of them................something 'spooked' him just before half time so badly we had to leave after about 65 minutes :ugh:

Crouchy scored virtually right in front of us though :D

Aww, poor little 'un.

He's ok now is he?

Wasn't that 25 stone streaker he saw was it?!!!

Good on Crouchie for coming up with the goods :D

Looks like we have a good quartet of strikers this season.

Den21vsBal19
08-28-2007, 05:58 PM
Aww, poor little 'un.

He's ok now is he?

Wasn't that 25 stone streaker he saw was it?!!!

Good on Crouchie for coming up with the goods :D

Looks like we have a good quartet of strikers this season.

Yeah, he's fine...........just puzzled as to what caused it, it's so unlike him.

No streakers tonight

All four of them scoring, and looking sharp............we're going places :D

Jody
08-28-2007, 07:39 PM

A new board is like a new beginning! I'm going to try to keep up with soccer world better than before (which was not at all - except for the extraordinarily cute players). Maybe someone here wouldn't mind posting a little more info or a website to refer to for someone who's learning....like ME? :D

Slick
08-28-2007, 08:02 PM
Liverpool stinks. 5 for 7 in CL Finals. How pathetic?!?!?;):D Seriously, I look forward to talking futbal(I'll use the spanish version). Looks like Wookiee and me might be the only Gunner fans around. He'll be making sense, I'll be trying to.:)When SOTO gets here, we'll be outnumbered.

Let's turn HW into an Arsenal fan!!!!

Den21vsBal19
08-29-2007, 07:03 AM
A new board is like a new beginning! I'm going to try to keep up with soccer world better than before (which was not at all - except for the extraordinarily cute players). Maybe someone here wouldn't mind posting a little more info or a website to refer to for someone who's learning....like ME?

Please, ask away Sharkie & myself (and the fuzzball) will be happy to help you out....................as long as you cheer for the Reds ;)

Liverpool stinks. 5 for 7 in CL Finals. How pathetic?!?!?;) Seriously, I look forward to talking futbal(I'll use the spanish version). Looks like Wookiee and me might be the only Gunner fans around. He'll be making sense, I'll be trying to.:)When SOTO gets here, we'll be outnumbered.

Let's turn HW into an Arsenal fan!!!!

Yeah, we've only won as many as the rest of England put together :cool:

No chance, on my twin, I'm afraid..................if she doesn't turn red she'll have Madame Sharkie to answer to

Den21vsBal19
08-29-2007, 07:14 AM
http://i199.photobucket.com/albums/aa320/Steve_Kimber/vsToulouse005_R.jpg

The Eternal Flame, listing the 96 who died at Hillsborough :sad:

http://i199.photobucket.com/albums/aa320/Steve_Kimber/vsToulouse014_R.jpg

Toulouse warming up:

#20 Achille Emana, #25 Nicolas Dieuze, #14 Pantxi Sirieix, #21 Andre Pierre Gignac, #9 Johan Elmander, #5 Jeremy Mathieu, #24 Herita Ilunga, #28 Mauro Cetto

http://i199.photobucket.com/albums/aa320/Steve_Kimber/vsToulouse044_R.jpg

A minute's applause in rememberance of 11-year old Rhys Jones

Den21vsBal19
08-29-2007, 07:38 AM
http://i199.photobucket.com/albums/aa320/Steve_Kimber/vsToulouse051_R.jpg

New signing Yossi Benayou attacks with pace down Toulouse's left flank in what was a Man Of The Match worthy performance

http://i199.photobucket.com/albums/aa320/Steve_Kimber/vsToulouse059_R.jpg

John Arne Riise prepares to take an attacking throw in, with dubutant Sebastion Leto, #33, in attendance

http://i199.photobucket.com/albums/aa320/Steve_Kimber/vsToulouse060_R.jpg

Peter Crouch tries to find strike partner Dirk Kuyt

Den21vsBal19
08-29-2007, 07:38 AM
http://i199.photobucket.com/albums/aa320/Steve_Kimber/vsToulouse063_R.jpg

Alvaro Arbeloa prepares to take a throw in

http://i199.photobucket.com/albums/aa320/Steve_Kimber/vsToulouse076_R.jpg

Stand in skipper Sami Hyypia (behind #14, Pantxi Sirieix) scores Liverpool's second as Momo Sissoko (#22), Peter Crouch (#15), Dikr Kuyt (#18) & John Arne Riise (#6) look on

Slick
08-29-2007, 08:03 AM
Awesome pics Den. I'm jealous.

Den21vsBal19
08-29-2007, 08:10 AM
Awesome pics Den. I'm jealous.

:D

Thank you very muchly................I think I shot about 70-80 pics last night, plus some video.................had to play with my new camera :cool:

Jaws
08-29-2007, 08:10 AM
You got loads of good photos there Den *salute*

I particularly like the one of my long legged relative in action.

The tribute photo for little Rhys is very moving too.

---

Yay for HW joining this thread. You won't regret becoming a reds fan ;)

It's the natural choice for you when you come and visit yer twin and yer Aunt sharkie we can take you to watch a game at Anfield :D

Den21vsBal19
08-29-2007, 08:16 AM
You got loads of good photos there Den *salute*

I particularly like the one of my long legged relative in action.

The tribute photo for little Rhys is very moving too.

---

Yay for HW joining this thread. You won't regret becoming a reds fan ;)

It's the natural choice for you when you come and visit yer twin and yer Aunt sharkie we can take you to watch a game at Anfield :D

Thanks, Sharkie, I've got some more to upload, so I'll send you the links later :D

Could Liverpool cope with the Whiskyteers on the town? ;)

Den21vsBal19
08-30-2007, 04:10 AM
Congrats to the Gunners & Celtic for qualifying for the start of the proper Champions League................

The draw takes place in Monaco today at 5pm BST (Midday, Eastern)

The qualifying teams have been seeded into four pots, dependant on their UEFA Co-efficient (based upon European results over the last seven years). For the first time, all four English clubs are seeded in the top pot.

> Teams cannot be drawn against teams from the same federation

> Teams cannot be drawn against sides from the same pot

* 2nd leg to be played Monday, 3rd Sept, having been postponed due to the death of Sevilla's Antonio Puerta.

Pot 1

AC Milan; Barcelona; Liverpool; Inter Milan; Arsenal; Real Madrid; Chelsea; Manchester United

Pot 2

Valencia; Lyon; Porto; Sevilla/AEK Athens* ; PSV Eindhoven; Roma ; Benfica; Werder Bremen

Pot 3

Celtic; Schalke; Stuttgart; Steaua Bucharest; CSKA Moscow; Sporting Lisbon; Lazio; Marseille

Pot 4

Rangers ; Shakhtar Donetsk; Besiktas; Olympiakos; Dynamo Kiev; Fenerbache; Slavia Prage; Rosenborg

Den21vsBal19
08-30-2007, 02:24 PM
Group A: ~ Liverpool, Porto, Marseille, Besiktas

Group B: ~ Chelsea, Valencia, Schalke 04, Rosenborg

Group C: ~ Real Madrid, Werder Bremen, Lazio, Olympiakos

Group D: ~ AC Milan, Benfica, Celtic, Shakhtar Donetsk

Group E: ~ Barcelona, Lyon, Stuttgart, Rangers

Group F: ~ Manure, Roma, Sporting Lisbon, Dynamo Kiev

Group G: ~ Inter Milan, PSV Eindhoven, CSKA Moscow, Fenerbahce

Group H: ~ Arsenal, Sevilla/AEK Athens, Steau Bucharest, Slavia Prague

Couldn't have really asked for a better draw for the Reds, a trip to Turkey is always tricky, but other than that :D

The rest of the English clubs have done alright as well, although UEFA have got to be concerned about Manure playing Roma after the trouble in both legs last season

Den21vsBal19
08-31-2007, 04:15 AM
I'd heard rumours about this, personally I think it would just weaken the competition..............

BBC ~ Europe's top leagues have asked for more time to consider Uefa proposals to allow domestic cup winners into the Champions League.

President Michel Platini submitted the proposals at a meeting between Uefa and league and club representatives.

Under the proposals, which could begin in 2009, the Premier League's top three and the FA Cup winners would qualify.

Full Story (http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/europe/6970696.stm)

At the moment, England, Spain & Italy are the three nations with a possible maximum of 4 entrants (1st & 2nd place into the group stage, 3rd & 4th into the 3rd qualifying round)...............I don't know about Spain & Italy, but certainly in England it wouldn't make a bit of difference..........the BS in 95 were the last club outside of the Top-4 to win the FA Cup, and you've got to go back to '88 to find a club that's no longer in the Premiership that won it.........All in all, one of the currrent Top 4, Manure, Chav$ki, Arsenal & Liverpool have played in 19 of the last twenty Cup Finals (91, Forest vs Spurs being the exception), winning on 17 of those occasions (Wimbledon '88 & BS '95).

So the FA CUp winner has already qualified for the CL in 1st, 2nd or 3rd place.............what to do with the FA Cups spot?

Give it back to 4th in the league, or give to the runners up, as is currently done. I'm sorry, although you have to be on top of your game for the Cup run, it is possible, if unlikely, for a lower division side to reach the Final without playing a top flight team, ala Millwall in 04.............hardly proved they'd have been worthy of qualifying for UEFA's B tournament, never mind a seat at the top table . Besides, the thought of Millwall's fans running into virtually any set of Italian fans :shake:

His controversial proposals would also see six places in the Champions League reserved for champions of the 40 lowest leagues in Uefa's 50 member countries.

WHY??????? This can only lead to a weaker competition..........look at the draw as it currently stands, and you can pretty well predict the winner's and runner's up of 5/6 of the groups.........introducing poorer teams into the goup stages would reduce, not increase the chances of someone doing a Porto.......leave the system as it is, poorer quality sides have to qualify against sides of equal status, to play the more difficult ties later on. I don't want to see regular 7/8-0 thumpings in the group stages, which is what you would get.

The Uefa president is also likely to meet stern opposition to his proposal to move the Champions League final to a weekend date.

Platini said: "At the Champions League final in Athens in May, I was astounded there were no families and children at the match.

"This would change if it was played at the weekend."

One big problem with this idea, which in theory I like......................UEFA give too many bloody tickets to the 'UEFA Family', whatever the hell that means...............simple fact is that not enough tickets, as with the Superbowl, FA Cup final or any other big event, get to the real fans.

And the other problem is that whilst I might take a chance on going to the final myself, there's no way I'd take my lad..........UEFA have repeatedly been proven to be incompetent buffoons when it comes to organising ticketing, entrance policies, security & stadia criteria for finals...................

Rant over, for now ;)

Retired_Member_001
09-20-2007, 04:18 AM
I thought we (Arsenal) played a great game against Sevilla.

First of all let me say I was AMAZED when I saw us shooting. :shocked: We were kicking the ball towards the net. :shocked: No 250 passes before kicking. :shocked:

Recently Fabregas is scoring for fun, I think his shot would have gone in anyway even if it didn't get the deflection, it was curving.

Adebayor is proving me wrong, I'm starting to like his attitude, he is trying to get the guys pumped up, he is chasing every ball.

And of course, the last goal was classic Arsenal.

My man of the match was Fabregas, 1 goal, 2 assists (more like 1 1/2 because his free kick that set up Van Persie's goal was headed by Sagna first).

Speaking of Sagna, he is looking like the best right back in the world to me. When we signed him I thought " Oh great, another unkown French player" but he is really looking good.

Den21vsBal19
10-02-2007, 06:56 AM
Some big games tonight:

CSKA Moscow v Fenerbahce, G,
Dynamo Kiev v Sporting, F,
Inter Milan v PSV, G,
Lyon v Rangers, E,
Man Utd v Roma, F,
Sevilla v Slavia Prague, H,
Steaua Bucuresti v Arsenal, H,
VfB Stuttgart v Barcelona, E,

Tie of the night's probably the Manure vs Roma, Roma will be smarting after last years 7-1 drubbing, and there's the unfortunate shadow of crowd trouble around the game

Just got my tix for tomorrow night :rockon:

Retired_Member_001
10-02-2007, 01:29 PM
COME ON ARSENAL!

We will need to have the mental strength, and the team spirit, and the focus, and the strength mentally, and the focus, and the BELIEF!
~ Arsene Wenger

Den21vsBal19
10-03-2007, 06:13 AM
Good results for all three British sides last night :beer:

Tonight's games:

Benfica v Shakhtar Donetsk, D,
Besiktas v FC Porto, A,
Celtic v AC Milan, D,
Lazio v Real Madrid, C,
Liverpool v Marseille, A,
Rosenborg v Schalke 04, B,
Valencia v Chelsea, B,
Werder Bremen v Olympiakos, C,

Jaws
10-03-2007, 04:57 PM
Only saw the last half hour of Liverpool v Marseille, disappointing result.

How about Celtic beating AC Milan the defending champs, wouldn't have predicted that.

Sparkie
10-03-2007, 06:03 PM

How about Celtic beating AC Milan the defending champs, wouldn't have predicted that.

Nah, look at it this way instead! ... Tonight our Scottish brothers-in-arms sent a clear message to AC for stealing what *should* have been the sixth star on Liverpool's European crown! GO CELTIC! :D

Den21vsBal19
10-04-2007, 08:29 AM

Now that I've finally calmed down a bit, all I'll say about last night is that it was the worst performance I can remember seeing in nearly 30 years of watching the Reds live................all those words that Alan Hansen uses on MOTD spring to mind: dire, dreadful, atrocious, terrible...........

And as for the Celtic game, Dida, you are a complete moron

Celtic fan 'attacks' Dida (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h213GJo76sQ)

Den21vsBal19
10-24-2007, 07:02 AM
Good result for the Gunners last night :rockon:

Just hope the Reds can get something out of tonight's game :couch:

Retired_Member_001
10-24-2007, 04:45 PM
Last night was just amazing. It was perfect football, who cares about Barcelona when Arsenal are playing so well.

7-0 and into the record books.

Walcott had a great game and so did Hleb BUT Fabregas was simply amazing. He was making passes from 70 yards out and those passes were so perfect Walcott/Adebayor was able to run on to them.

Superb performance.

Let's get this straight, Arsenal beat their opponents 7-0 while Liverpool lose 2-1 to their oppoenents. Both opposing teams are of equal talent. :D It's going to be an interesting Sunday. ;)

:beer:

Den21vsBal19
10-25-2007, 08:59 AM
I really have no idea what the hell happened last night, but then again, we can never do these things the easy way ;)

Den21vsBal19
11-06-2007, 02:59 PM
Second half of the group stage, and things should start to be coming clearer..............

Group A

P W D L F A GD PTS
1 Marseille 3 2 1 0 4 1 3 7
2 FC Porto 3 1 2 0 3 2 1 5
3 Besiktas 3 1 0 2 2 4 -2 3
4 Liverpool 3 0 1 2 2 4 -2 1

Tonight: Liverpool vs Besiktas, Porto vs Marseille.
Anything less than a win will effectively eliminate Liverpool from this years competition.

Group B

P W D L F A GD PTS
1 Chelsea 3 2 1 0 5 2 3 7
2 Rosenborg 3 1 1 1 3 3 0 4
3 Valencia 3 1 0 2 2 4 -2 3
4 Schalke 04 3 1 0 2 2 3 -1 3

Tonight: Schalke 04 vs Chelsea, Valencia vs Rosenborg
Still all to play for

Group C

P W D L F A GD PTS
1 Real Madrid 3 2 1 0 8 5 3 7
2 Olympiakos 3 1 1 1 6 6 0 4
3 Werder Bremen 3 1 0 2 4 6 -2 3
4 Lazio 3 0 2 1 4 5 -1 2

Tonight: Lazio vs Werder Bremen, Olympiakos vs Real Madrid
Real have the early advantage, but it's all still there

Group D

P W D L F A GD PTS
1 AC Milan 3 2 0 1 7 4 3 6
2 Shakhtar Donetsk 3 2 0 1 4 4 0 6
3 Benfica 3 1 0 2 2 3 -1 3
4 Celtic 3 1 0 2 2 4 -2 3

Tonight: Celtic vs Benfica, Shakhtar Donetsk vs AC Milan
Still wide open

Retired_Member_001
11-07-2007, 12:09 PM
Pure luck against Besiktas, we're gonna' beat Slavia Prague 9-0 tonight anyway so who cares about your win? ;)

By the way, I still don't think your going to get past the group stages. ;)

Den21vsBal19
11-07-2007, 12:17 PM
Pure luck against Besiktas, we're gonna' beat Slavia Prague 9-0 tonight anyway so who cares about your win? ;)

By the way, I still don't think your going to get past the group stages. ;)
Well you managed it with was it nil points after 3 games a few years back?

Still a long way to go, and could have done with a Marseille win or a draw, but we're still in with a shout, and Porto won't be fancying coming to Anfield in 3 weeks

Besides, along with AC, we've got the best record in Europe over the last three years, we've got to give someone else a chance :laugh:

Besides, since all the European Cups won by English sides reside north of Birmingham, it's about time a southern club actually did something in Europe's top competition ;)

Den21vsBal19
11-07-2007, 02:32 PM
Following on from Liverpool's record breaking game last night :cool:

Group E

P W D L F A GD PTS
1 Barcelona 3 2 1 0 5 0 5 7
2 Rangers 3 2 1 0 5 1 4 7
3 Lyon 3 1 0 2 2 6 -4 3
4 VfB Stuttgart 3 0 0 3 1 6 -5 0

Tonight ~ Barcelona v Rangers, Lyon v VfB Stuttgart
Stuttgart can be eliminated from Europe tonight, one of football's strange quirks is that in six attempts, Barcelona have never beaten a Scottish side at home :confused:

Group F

P W D L F A GD PTS
1 Man Utd 3 3 0 0 6 2 4 9
2 Roma 3 2 0 1 4 2 2 6
3 Sporting 3 1 0 2 3 4 -1 3
4 Dynamo Kiev 3 0 0 3 3 8 -5 0

Tonight's games ~ Man Utd v Dynamo Kiev, Sporting v Roma

Manure can eliminate Kiev, whilst ensuring their own passage into the knockout phase.

Group G

P W D L F A GD PTS
1 Inter Milan 3 2 0 1 4 2 2 6
2 Fenerbahce 3 1 2 0 3 2 1 5
3 PSV 3 1 1 1 2 3 -1 4
4 CSKA Moscow 3 0 1 2 4 6 -2 1

Tonight's games ~ Fenerbahce v PSV, Inter Milan v CSKA Moscow

Most open group in the bottom half of the draw, CSKA can be eliminated from the CL, but remain in contention for the UEFA Cup.

Group H

P W D L F A GD PTS
1 Arsenal 3 3 0 0 11 0 11 9
2 Sevilla 3 2 0 1 6 6 0 6
3 Slavia Prague 3 1 0 2 4 12 -8 3
4 Steaua Bucharest 3 0 0 3 2 5 -3 0

Tonight's games ~ Slavia Prague v Arsenal, Steaua Bucharest v Sevilla

Arsenal can qualify for the knockouts, Steaua can be eliminated from Europe.

Retired_Member_001
11-07-2007, 04:57 PM
Well you managed it with was it nil points after 3 games a few years back?

Yeah but we're Arsenal and your Liverpool, there's a big difference. ;)

Still a long way to go, and could have done with a Marseille win or a draw, but we're still in with a shout, and Porto won't be fancying coming to Anfield in 3 weeks

Emphasis goes on " a shout " ;)

Besides, since all the European Cups won by English sides reside north of Birmingham, it's about time a southern club actually did something in Europe's top competition ;)

Well, we have to give you northerners some feeling of modern civilization. ;)

(I'm pulling your leg, although I wouldn't be suprised if you didn't make it to the knock out rounds.)

Den21vsBal19
11-07-2007, 05:16 PM
Yeah but we're Arsenal and your Liverpool, there's a big difference. ;)

You're right, there's a massive difference........................

We've actually won it :nixon:

Emphasis goes on " a shout "

Well, we have to give you northerners some feeling of modern civilization. ;)

(I'm pulling your leg, although I wouldn't be suprised if you didn't make it to the knock out rounds.)

Solid result for you lot, I think that's enough to see you through to the knockouts, isn't it?

We'll just concern ourselves with Porto now, they won't fancy coming to Anfield now...............we beat them and I'll be pretty confident of getting a result against Marseille.

Enough of Europe though, our most important game is now Fulham on Saturday evening.........................how much do you want to bet that seven of our goals (Crouch, Benayoun & Babel) will start on the bench :laugh:

Still, I can't criticise Rafa for his rotation, that's how he won the league in Spain, and we knew that when he gave him the job...................besides, despite what the press say, he doesn't actually rotate anymore than Demento & Moanhino do (did)

Retired_Member_001
11-07-2007, 05:25 PM
You're right, there's a massive difference........................

We've actually won it :nixon:

Fair enough. Of course we've been too busy winning Premierships and going whole seasons unbeaten to have time for the Champions League.

Solid result for you lot, I think that's enough to see you through to the knockouts, isn't it?

We'll just concern ourselves with Porto now, they won't fancy coming to Anfield now...............we beat them and I'll be pretty confident of getting a result against Marseille.

Enough of Europe though, our most important game is now Fulham on Saturday evening.........................how much do you want to bet that seven of our goals (Crouch, Benayoun & Babel) will start on the bench :laugh:

Still, I can't criticise Rafa for his rotation, that's how he won the league in Spain, and we knew that when he gave him the job...................besides, despite what the press say, he doesn't actually rotate anymore than Demento & Moanhino do (did)

We're through, the reserves ;) managed to pull through in the difficult conditions.

:laugh: My opinion is that if you score the game before, you should start the next game. I understand Rafa rotating his players but I think he rotates a little too much. You should beat Fulham in my opinion.

frenchfan
11-08-2007, 10:59 AM
Hey my English Bros...
Is there some place for a french point here? :D

If think we can't count out the Reds right now... Moreover, Marseille sucks !
Gunners have a good team... Too bad they didn't do it yet... (why did you lose against Barcelona???? LOL).

Lyon-Stuttgart was a great game... 6 goals and at least 4 or 5 saved by the keeper of each team :eek:

Lyon can do it but it will be very very tough... 2 wins and they will be in the next round... But they have to beat Barcelona (at Lyon) and Rangers (at Rangers)... If they do it then I would propose Alain Perrin (Lyon's coach) as Broncos head-coach ! :laugh:

Retired_Member_001
11-08-2007, 11:03 AM
Gunners have a good team... Too bad they didn't do it yet... (why did you lose against Barcelona???? LOL).

Because they cheated and the referee was ****.

Retired_Member_001
11-08-2007, 11:04 AM
I'm ready to create the UEFA Cup thread when Liverpool don't make it Den ;).

Den21vsBal19
11-08-2007, 11:21 AM
I'm ready to create the UEFA Cup thread when Liverpool don't make it Den ;).
To be honest, I'd rather go out completely................although kicking the BS out of Europe does have a certain, perverse appeal ;)

Have you seen that UEFA want to change the UEFA Cup format again, make it more like the CL?

Uefa Cup may face format change (http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/europe/7084055.stm)

Retired_Member_001
11-08-2007, 01:56 PM
To be honest, I'd rather go out completely................although kicking the BS out of Europe does have a certain, perverse appeal ;)

Have you seen that UEFA want to change the UEFA Cup format again, make it more like the CL?

Uefa Cup may face format change (http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/europe/7084055.stm)

:laugh:

Interesting about UEFA wanting to change the UEFA Cup. I like how the Champions League is set out currently so I wouldn't mind them changing the UEFA Cup. Of course I don't really care when Arsenal are in the Champions League.

Retired_Member_001
11-26-2007, 11:25 AM
Champions League Football tommorow!

:eek:

Retired_Member_001
11-27-2007, 04:57 PM
Shame that the run had to end. We haven't lost in all competitions since April 2007.

I guess it's what you get when you DON'T PLAY YOUR FULL STRENGTH TEAM! We are going to end up playing Barcelona or Inter Milan in the first round at this rate. Got to hope the Sevilla mess up in Prague (what's the likelyhood of that? :laugh: )

By the way, Daniel Alves is possibly the most OVER rated player ever.

Den21vsBal19
11-27-2007, 09:15 PM
Shame that the run had to end. We haven't lost in all competitions since April 2007.

I guess it's what you get when you DON'T PLAY YOUR FULL STRENGTH TEAM! We are going to end up playing Barcelona or Inter Milan in the first round at this rate. Got to hope the Sevilla mess up in Prague (what's the likelyhood of that? :laugh: )

By the way, Daniel Alves is possibly the most OVER rated player ever.
One never knows :D

You get to the last sixteen, and you never know, there are going to be some damned good sides that only finish 2nd, so it probably doesn't make any difference from that perspective, finishing first's biggest advantage, IMO, is that you get to play the away leg first, which is always a bonus.

Didn't see any football tonight, too busy doing geeky gadgetry stuff, but I've seen Alves play some pretty good games, maybe you just caught him on an off night?

Den21vsBal19
11-28-2007, 04:20 PM
Goddamit, we're making bloody hard work of this :tsk:

Edit ~ That's better :D

Den21vsBal19
12-11-2007, 02:32 PM
Final round of matches tonight, only 6 games as Group D was played to a finish last week

UEFA Champions League : Group A Table

P W D L F A GD PTS
1 FC Porto 5 2 2 1 6 7 -1 8
2 Marseille 5 2 1 2 6 5 1 7
3 Liverpool 5 2 1 2 14 5 9 7
4 Besiktas 5 2 0 3 4 13 -9 6

Tonight:

FC Porto v Besiktas
Marseille v Liverpool

Put simply, if Liverpool beat Marseille in their final group game then they will definitely go through. If they lose they will definitely go out. Complications arise should Liverpool and Marseille draw. Marseille beat Liverpool at Anfield earlier in the campaign, meaning they would edge the Reds out on the basis of that result, assuming Porto beat or draw with Besiktas in the group's other match.

But if Liverpool and Marseille draw and Besiktas pull off a shock by beating Porto, the Reds would go through. In this scenario, Liverpool, Marseille and Porto would all be on eight points. Liverpool would go through with the best goal difference in the head-to-head matches between the three teams.

UEFA Champions League : Group B Table
P W D L F A GD PTS
1 Chelsea 5 3 2 0 9 2 7 11
2 Rosenborg 5 2 1 2 5 7 -2 7
3 Schalke 04 5 1 2 2 2 3 -1 5
4 Valencia 5 1 1 3 2 6 -4 4

Tonight ~

Chelsea v Valencia
Schalke 04 v Rosenborg

Chelsea are definitely through as group winners, regardless of the result of their final match against a Valencia side who cannot progress. A home win against Rosenborg will be enough for Schalke to join the Blues in the last 16, but the Norwegian side would go through with a point away from home.

UEFA Champions League : Group C Table

P W D L F A GD PTS
1 Real Madrid 5 2 2 1 10 8 2 8
2 Olympiakos 5 2 2 1 8 7 1 8
3 Werder Bremen 5 2 0 3 8 10 -2 6
4 Lazio 5 1 2 2 7 8 -1 5

Tonight ~

Olympiakos v Werder Bremen
Real Madrid v Lazio,

All four teams can still qualify but Real Madrid and Olympiakos will be favourites as they are at home to the bottom two teams in the last matches and a draw would be enough for either to qualify. Bremen will qualify only if they win at Olympiakos. Lazio will be sure of qualification if they win in Madrid but Bremen do not win in Greece. If Bremen do win in Greece, Lazio would have to win by at least two goals in Madrid to go through.

Only one thing left

COME ON YOU REDS!!!!!!

Den21vsBal19
12-11-2007, 03:49 PM
Half times ~

Group A
HT FC Porto 1-0 Besiktas (1945)
HT Marseille 0-2 Liverpool (1945)

Group B
HT Chelsea 0-0 Valencia (1945)
HT Schalke 04 3-1 Rosenborg (1945)

Group C
HT Olympiakos 1-0 Werder Bremen (1945)
HT Real Madrid 3-0 Lazio (1945)

Den21vsBal19
12-11-2007, 05:01 PM
Tonight's scores, and tables

Group A
FC Porto 2-0 Besiktas
Marseille 0-4 Liverpool

P W D L F A GD PTS
1 FC Porto 6 3 2 1 8 7 1 11
2 Liverpool 6 3 1 2 18 5 13 10
3 Marseille 6 2 1 3 6 9 -3 7
4 Besiktas 6 2 0 4 4 15 -11 6

Group B
Chelsea 0-0 Valencia
Schalke 04 3-1 Rosenborg

P W D L F A GD PTS
1 Chelsea 6 3 3 0 9 2 7 12
2 Schalke 04 6 2 2 2 5 4 1 8
3 Rosenborg 6 2 1 3 6 10 -4 7
4 Valencia 6 1 2 3 2 6 -4 5

Group C
Olympiakos 3-0 Werder Bremen
Real Madrid 3-1 Lazio

P W D L F A GD PTS
1 Real Madrid 6 3 2 1 13 9 4 11
2 Olympiakos 6 3 2 1 11 7 4 11
3 Werder Bremen 6 2 0 4 8 13 -5 6
4 Lazio 6 1 2 3 8 11 -3 5

Den21vsBal19
12-12-2007, 05:15 PM
Group E
Barcelona 3-1 Stuttgart
Rangers 0-3 Lyon

P W D L F A GD PTS
1 Barcelona 6 4 2 0 12 3 9 14
2 Lyon 6 3 1 2 11 10 1 10
3 Rangers 6 2 1 3 7 9 -2 7
4 VfB Stuttgart 6 1 0 5 7 15 -8 3

Group F
Roma 1-1 Man Utd
Sporting 3-0 Dynamo Kiev

P W D L F A GD PTS
1 Man Utd 6 5 1 0 13 4 9 16
2 Roma 6 3 2 1 11 6 5 11
3 Sporting 6 2 1 3 9 8 1 7
4 Dynamo Kiev 6 0 0 6 4 19 -15 0

Group G
Fenerbahce 3-1 CSKA Moscow
PSV 0-1 Inter Milan

P W D L F A GD PTS
1 Inter Milan 6 5 0 1 12 4 8 15
2 Fenerbahce 6 3 2 1 8 6 2 11
3 PSV 6 2 1 3 3 6 -3 7
4 CSKA Moscow 6 0 1 5 7 14 -7 1

Group H
Arsenal 2-1 Steaua Bucharest
Slavia Prague 0-3 Sevilla

P W D L F A GD PTS
1 Sevilla 6 5 0 1 14 7 7 15
2 Arsenal 6 4 1 1 14 4 10 13
3 Slavia Prague 6 1 2 3 5 16 -11 5
4 Steaua Bucharest 6 0 1 5 4 10 -6 1

Retired_Member_001
12-13-2007, 05:28 AM
*sigh* I suppose we are going to end up playing a hard team now. Why couldn't Sevilla just play rubbish for one night? :laugh:

Anyway it was a very positive performance from Denlison (covered something like 13km), Diaby (scored a goal and dribbled the ball like Robinho), Song (won alot of balls), Walcott (got himself in PLENTY of attacking positions), Bentdner ( best finisher we have) and Diarra ( some of his passes are Fabregas like).

Den21vsBal19
12-13-2007, 06:25 AM
*sigh* I suppose we are going to end up playing a hard team now. Why couldn't Sevilla just play rubbish for one night? :laugh:

Anyway it was a very positive performance from Denlison (covered something like 13km), Diaby (scored a goal and dribbled the ball like Robinho), Song (won alot of balls), Walcott (got himself in PLENTY of attacking positions), Bentdner ( best finisher we have) and Diarra ( some of his passes are Fabregas like).
You'll get to play: Real, Barca, AC, Inter or Porto

We've got the same choices, except Sevilla for Porto.

Draw is a week on Friday

Retired_Member_001
12-13-2007, 06:44 AM
You'll get to play: Real, Barca, AC, Inter or Porto

We've got the same choices, except Sevilla for Porto.

Draw is a week on Friday

We could beat any Italian team because Italian defense's are old and slow. Walcott, Van Persie, Hleb would run rings around them.

Hopefully we get Porto though which would be better than Real Madrid or those arrogant ******** (aka Barcelona).

Den21vsBal19
12-13-2007, 07:48 AM
We could beat any Italian team because Italian defense's are old and slow. Walcott, Van Persie, Hleb would run rings around them.

Hopefully we get Porto though which would be better than Real Madrid or those arrogant ******** (aka Barcelona).
I'd have to look back, I don't think we've ever played Sevilla :confused:), obviously beat Barca last year, not played Inter for a while, split the last two games with AC ;), and not played Real since we beat them in the final, back in the day

To be fair, I ain't fussed, bring 'em on :rockon:

Den21vsBal19
12-21-2007, 02:12 PM
Last Sixteen Draw

Celtic v Barcelona
Lyon v Manchester United
Schalke v Porto
Liverpool v Inter Milan
Roma v Real Madrid
Arsenal v AC Milan
Olympiakos v Chelsea
Fenerbahce v Sevilla

(Ties to be played on 19/20 February and 4/5 March)

Retired_Member_001
12-22-2007, 06:53 PM
Celtic v Barcelona
Lyon v Manchester United
Schalke v Porto
Liverpool v Inter Milan
Roma v Real Madrid
Arsenal v AC Milan
Olympiakos v Chelsea
Fenerbahce v Sevilla

All teams in red are the ones I think will go through.

ManchesterBroncoLUHG
12-22-2007, 08:01 PM
Celtic v Barcelona
Lyon v Manchester United
Schalke v Porto
Liverpool v Inter Milan
Roma v Real Madrid
Arsenal v AC Milan
Olympiakos v Chelsea
Fenerbahce v Sevilla

Den21vsBal19
12-23-2007, 10:58 AM
Celtic v Barcelona
Lyon v Manchester United
Schalke v Porto
Liverpool v Inter Milan
Roma v Real Madrid
Arsenal v AC Milan
Olympiakos v Chelsea
Fenerbahce v Sevilla

All teams in red are the ones I think will go through.
Can't disagree too much with those picks

Retired_Member_001
03-05-2008, 07:21 AM
We honestly could have beaten AC Milan 4-0. I thought it was going to be one of those games when Arsenal get loads of chances and don't score. However an amazing Fabregas goal and a nice peice of strength from Walcott (to cross the ball to Adebayor after being fouled) did the the job nicely.

I mean the Milan fans were in shock that their team had been abused to badly. They were crying. One of the fans looked like they had seen a ghost, eyes bulging and tears flowing down their eyes. I'm pretty sure they'll make fun of it on soccer AM :laugh:.

On to whoever! ( Hopefully not Manure, Real Madrid or Barca)

Den21vsBal19
03-05-2008, 07:46 AM
We honestly could have beaten AC Milan 4-0. I thought it was going to be one of those games when Arsenal get loads of chances and don't score. However an amazing Fabregas goal and a nice peice of strength from Walcott (to cross the ball to Adebayor after being fouled) did the the job nicely.

I mean the Milan fans were in shock that their team had been abused to badly. They were crying. One of the fans looked like they had seen a ghost, eyes bulging and tears flowing down their eyes. I'm pretty sure they'll make fun of it on soccer AM :laugh:.

On to whoever! ( Hopefully not Manure, Real Madrid or Barca)
Great performance last night :clap: :salute:

Wish I could have seen the Sevilla ~ Fenerbache game though :eek:

Den21vsBal19
03-12-2008, 07:45 AM
COME ON YOU REDDDDDDSSSSS!!!!!

Another very professional performance from the 'Pool last night, as the Premiership continues to become UEFA's worst nightmare.

To be honest, as long as we avoid the other English sides, I'd be happy with anyone in the draw on Friday :rockon:

Den21vsBal19
03-14-2008, 07:43 AM
Bugger!!!!!!!

Quarter Finals

Match A ~ Arsenal vs Liverpool

Match B ~ Roma vs Manchester United

Match C ~ Schalke vs Barcelona

Match D ~ Fenerbahce vs Chelsea

Semi Finals

Match A vs Match D
Match C vs Match B

Liverpool and Arsenal's tie will be split by the league match at The Emirates, three games in a week :eek:

Retired_Member_001
03-14-2008, 06:43 PM
Bugger!!!!!!!

Quarter Finals

Match A ~ Arsenal vs Liverpool

Match B ~ Roma vs Manchester United

Match C ~ Schalke vs Barcelona

Match D ~ Fenerbahce vs Chelsea

Semi Finals

Match A vs Match D
Match C vs Match B

Liverpool and Arsenal's tie will be split by the league match at The Emirates, three games in a week :eek:

No offense Den21 but I'm confident. Liverpool are good in the Champions League, but now they are playing a fellow English team which means that it will have moreof a Premiership feel. The only way Liverpool beat us is if Torres and Gerrard get some help from their other players.

Den21vsBal19
03-15-2008, 05:59 AM
No offense Den21 but I'm confident. Liverpool are good in the Champions League, but now they are playing a fellow English team which means that it will have moreof a Premiership feel. The only way Liverpool beat us is if Torres and Gerrard get some help from their other players.
Strange, but you're sounding like a Chelsea fan ;)
And what really gives me confidence is that, as with the semis against Chelsea, the second leg is at Anfield, and believe me none of Arsenal's players have ever experienced anything like a European Night at Anfield...............that alone is almost worth a goal

I think maybe the most important thing may be that we play the BS the weekend before the first tie...............if we beat them, then the league game against Arsenal isn't as important towards next season's qualification so Rafa will be able to rest players, whereas Arsenal will have to play a full strength side as you try to hold off United.

Retired_Member_001
03-15-2008, 06:20 AM
Strange, but you're sounding like a Chelsea fan ;)
And what really gives me confidence is that, as with the semis against Chelsea, the second leg is at Anfield, and believe me none of Arsenal's players have ever experienced anything like a European Night at Anfield...............that alone is almost worth a goal

I think maybe the most important thing may be that we play the BS the weekend before the first tie...............if we beat them, then the league game against Arsenal isn't as important towards next season's qualification so Rafa will be able to rest players, whereas Arsenal will have to play a full strength side as you try to hold off United.

Don't ever insult me like that again, I'm no Chelsea fan. :laugh:;)

Ok good point about the BS, but if you were to lose or only draw against the BS then things change. I would say you are favourites to beat Everton, but it's very close and anything could happen. I also wouldn't call the Premiership game against us less important because I would still bet that the race for the 4th spot will still be very tight which means a full strength side will need to be played.

I'm not saying that Arsenal are definitely going to beat Liverpool, I'm just saying that I'm confident we CAN win if we play our best. They key will be to not encounter any injuries. As long as Almunia, Toure, Gallas, Fabregas and Adebayor play, I am confident we can win.

I also have one small favour Den21, can you PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE
beat Manure when you play them on the 23rd of March.

Thanks. :beer:

Den21vsBal19
03-15-2008, 07:17 AM
Yeah, but I've been hearing that from them before the semis :laugh:

The big advantage over Everton is the vastly superior goal difference, so to be honest we can probably afford to lose against either you or Manure................and you can guess which of those two I'd rather lose if I had to choose :laugh:

I think the injuries applies to us as well, Torres, Gerrard, Mascherano, Carra & Reina being the key players............it's going to be a tight game, probably decided on away goals, in extra time at Anfield or even penalties.......

Interestingly, when they had a dress rehersal for the draw (how much practise do you need to pull balls out of a bowl? :confused: ) the English teams avoided each other, but there was also a post on the Liverpool Daily Posts forums, 90 minutes before the draw, predicting the draw exactly!

Retired_Member_001
03-15-2008, 05:47 PM
Yeah, but I've been hearing that from them before the semis :laugh:

The big advantage over Everton is the vastly superior goal difference, so to be honest we can probably afford to lose against either you or Manure................and you can guess which of those two I'd rather lose if I had to choose :laugh:

I think the injuries applies to us as well, Torres, Gerrard, Mascherano, Carra & Reina being the key players............it's going to be a tight game, probably decided on away goals, in extra time at Anfield or even penalties.......

Interestingly, when they had a dress rehersal for the draw (how much practise do you need to pull balls out of a bowl? :confused: ) the English teams avoided each other, but there was also a post on the Liverpool Daily Posts forums, 90 minutes before the draw, predicting the draw exactly!

Yeah well there's alot of rumors going around that the draw was fixed. I don't know how much truth there is behind that, but we will have to wait and see...

Den21vsBal19
03-17-2008, 07:57 AM
Yeah well there's alot of rumors going around that the draw was fixed. I don't know how much truth there is behind that, but we will have to wait and see...
You'd better hope you play to European form rather than current league form :eek:

Den21vsBal19
04-01-2008, 07:25 AM
Roma v Man Utd

Fifth time in a year that the two teams have met, I only hope that we're talking about the football after the game.

Schalke 04 v Barcelona

Off the top of my head, I think this is Schalke's first season in the CL, and they've done superbly to reach the last eight, but it's hard to see anything other than a Barca win over the two legs.......

Den21vsBal19
04-02-2008, 04:00 PM
Good game, Wook :salute:

Keeps things interesting for the 2nd leg, can't believe I've had to turn down a ticket to the game :tsk:

Chelsea - :rofl:

CoachChaz
04-03-2008, 01:59 PM
ManU wins the triple again this year

Den21vsBal19
04-03-2008, 02:42 PM
ManU wins the triple again this year
:rofl:

That would be very impressive, as they've only got the Premier League & Champions League to play for ;)

Retired_Member_001
04-03-2008, 03:34 PM

Keeps things interesting for the 2nd leg, can't believe I've had to turn down a ticket to the game :tsk:

What's this I hear about the referee living and being born within 5 miles of Dirt Kuyt? Makes sense to me.

Oh and that new Danish goalkeepr you have is fantastic. What's his name again? Bendtner?

I hope for a good game in the 2nd leg Den. :salute:

Your lucky you have the chance to get tickets, I've been trying for a long time to get Arsenal tickets and there's none available. The Emirates needed to be built bigger.

Slick
04-03-2008, 03:39 PM

I got to see the replay of the Gunners Reds late last night. Pretty entertaining game. I take it you're happy with a draw and an away goal Den?

I miss the great EPL coverage I used to get on the dish at home. Best league in futbol IMO.

I had to laugh at Chelsea too.

Den21vsBal19
04-03-2008, 04:04 PM
What's this I hear about the referee living and being born within 5 miles of Dirt Kuyt? Makes sense to me.

Oh and that new Danish goalkeepr you have is fantastic. What's his name again? Bendtner?

I hope for a good game in the 2nd leg Den. :salute:

Your lucky you have the chance to get tickets, I've been trying for a long time to get Arsenal tickets and there's none available. The Emirates needed to be built bigger.

Mere coincidence ;)
Actually, I thought the ref had a decent game, I'd like the English refs to look at the way he LET THE PLAYERS PLAY!!!!!!
There were more than a few instances where he could have, by the letter of the law, given free kicks or cards, but he exercised a good chunk of common sense :clap:

Yeah, thanks for loaning him to us for 15 seconds :laugh:

I think it should be a good game, both teams WILL score. One thing I did notice though, whilst Arsenal ran most of the 2nd half, Liverpool were probably the stronger side in the last 5-10 minutes. Now that may be the natural flow of the game, but it could also have been fitness related, which would be worrying with the possibility of an extra 30 minutes.

At least Arsenal have had an increase in capacity, damned if I know how long we're going to be waiting for this new ground :tsk:

I got to see the replay of the Gunners Reds late last night. Pretty entertaining game. I take it you're happy with a draw and an away goal Den?

I miss the great EPL coverage I used to get on the dish at home. Best league in futbol IMO.

I had to laugh at Chelsea too.

I'd have always taken that result, and wouldn't have been too upset if it had finished 2-1.

I'll tell you what, if you've got to make up for scoring an own goal, Deyvid found the perfect way to do it!!!!!!:shocked:

Retired_Member_001
04-03-2008, 04:26 PM
Mere coincidence ;)
Actually, I thought the ref had a decent game, I'd like the English refs to look at the way he LET THE PLAYERS PLAY!!!!!!
There were more than a few instances where he could have, by the letter of the law, given free kicks or cards, but he exercised a good chunk of common sense :clap:

Yeah, thanks for loaning him to us for 15 seconds :laugh:

I think it should be a good game, both teams WILL score. One thing I did notice though, whilst Arsenal ran most of the 2nd half, Liverpool were probably the stronger side in the last 5-10 minutes. Now that may be the natural flow of the game, but it could also have been fitness related, which would be worrying with the possibility of an extra 30 minutes.

What I'm trying to say is that IT WAS A DAMN PENALTY! :mad: Even the Manure fan Andy Gay said so.

I'm actually worried for Van Persie. He plays about two games and then he's out injured (I'm not over exaggerating), I think Arsene may have to consider RVP's future if these injuries keep popping up.

The reason Liverpool were the stronger side in the last 5-10 minutes is because Arsenal played brilliantly and failed to score. Then we wore out and Liverpool nearly took advantage of it. The players seem to prefer beautiful football to goals.

Anyway the game at Anfield will be good. I reckon Liverpool will be really up for it and I predict an exciting game.

Den21vsBal19
04-03-2008, 04:39 PM
What I'm trying to say is that IT WAS A DAMN PENALTY! :mad: Even the Manure fan Andy Gay said so.

I'm actually worried for Van Persie. He plays about two games and then he's out injured (I'm not over exaggerating), I think Arsene may have to consider RVP's future if these injuries keep popping up.

The reason Liverpool were the stronger side in the last 5-10 minutes is because Arsenal played brilliantly and failed to score. Then we wore out and Liverpool nearly took advantage of it. The players seem to prefer beautiful football to goals.

Anyway the game at Anfield will be good. I reckon Liverpool will be really up for it and I predict an exciting game.
Gray would say that, the bitter BS hates us!!!!!!!!

I'm not suprised that our penalty shout's being completely ignored............you've got to remember that Sky are part of the same group that owns the Scum, which is pretty well persona non grata on Merseyside, so they're always going to be biased ;)

RVP, the Dutch Harry Kewell :laugh:

It can be even more tiring to defend like we were forced to, did you see each side put up over 110 kms on the night!!! Like I say, it may be a cause of concern for the second leg...........

Although not going is the correct decision, I'm gutted, Anfield will be absolutely electric, and that alone will set the tone for a great game

Retired_Member_001
04-03-2008, 04:50 PM
Gray would say that, the bitter BS hates us!!!!!!!!

I'm not suprised that our penalty shout's being completely ignored............you've got to remember that Sky are part of the same group that owns the Scum, which is pretty well persona non grata on Merseyside, so they're always going to be biased ;)

RVP, the Dutch Harry Kewell :laugh:

It can be even more tiring to defend like we were forced to, did you see each side put up over 110 kms on the night!!! Like I say, it may be a cause of concern for the second leg...........

Although not going is the correct decision, I'm gutted, Anfield will be absolutely electric, and that alone will set the tone for a great game

Not when Bendtner is making Oliver Kahn type saves. :laugh:

It is tiring to defend a team that is passing well and is moving well, however we wear ourselves out mentally. The players get really fustrated when the ball is simply not going into the net. When they start getting fustrated, they obviously play worse.

Wenger's team talk before the game

" I want the beautiful passing, the classy style, the mental strength, the belief, but no goals. I want you to imagine you are scoring a great goal, but do not score it. No goals. I HATE it when we score goals."

By the way, Arsenal wrapping up the signing of a 17 year old French guy, not joking.

Den21vsBal19
04-03-2008, 05:15 PM
Not when Bendtner is making Oliver Kahn type saves. :laugh:

It is tiring to defend a team that is passing well and is moving well, however we wear ourselves out mentally. The players get really fustrated when the ball is simply not going into the net. When they start getting fustrated, they obviously play worse.

Wenger's team talk before the game

" I want the beautiful passing, the classy style, the mental strength, the belief, but no goals. I want you to imagine you are scoring a great goal, but do not score it. No goals. I HATE it when we score goals."

By the way, Arsenal wrapping up the signing of a 17 year old French guy, not joking.

He couldn't do that again if he tried :laugh:

There's a time to be beautiful, and a time to be pragmatic, it's a lesson that Arsenal do need to learn.

I have heard it suggested that last night was France vs Spain :laugh:

Den21vsBal19
04-08-2008, 03:13 PM
TORRES!!!!!!!!!!!

Den21vsBal19
04-08-2008, 03:39 PM
You'll Never Walk Alone (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y7xvegPH_Lw&feature=related)

Slick
04-08-2008, 03:57 PM
I must say I'm extremely disappointed.

Congrats Den. :salute:

Den21vsBal19
04-08-2008, 04:12 PM
Thank you, my friend :salute:

I'm almost in a state of shock :eek:

Now for the Chav$

Retired_Member_001
04-09-2008, 10:21 AM
Football is a 100% joke.

There's never any justice.

ManchesterBroncoLUHG
04-09-2008, 12:51 PM
Not another final with them in it please.

Don't say this often but come on Chelsea.

The first all English final will do nicely.

Den21vsBal19
04-09-2008, 02:43 PM
Not another final with them in it please.

Don't say this often but come on Chelsea.

The first all English final will do nicely.
I suspect you may get your wish, if you include the FA Cup, this is the fourth semi in four years between the two sides..........law of averages would suggest that sooned or later the Chav$ will sneak past us............plus the second leg's down at their dump, they'll never get a better chance..............

I can't help but think though, The Reds vs The Red Devils in Red Square has a ring to it though ;)

Den21vsBal19
04-09-2008, 04:05 PM
Congrats to Utd for making the semis :spit:

:lol:

ManchesterBroncoLUHG
04-09-2008, 06:31 PM
I suspect you may get your wish, if you include the FA Cup, this is the fourth semi in four years between the two sides..........law of averages would suggest that sooned or later the Chav$ will sneak past us............plus the second leg's down at their dump, they'll never get a better chance..............

I can't help but think though, The Reds vs The Red Devils in Red Square has a ring to it though ;)

I cannot think of a worse game to watch. It would be pure hell for every United fan and Liverpool fan us meeting in the European Cup final. It would be the best feeling in the world for the winners but the losers :dead: I feel sick thinking about it.

Plus it will be chaos in Moscow if we both got there. On the planes, in the airports, in the streets, in the ground, everywhere.

I'm being a girl. Bring it on. :beer:

Den21vsBal19
04-09-2008, 06:59 PM
I cannot think of a worse game to watch. It would be pure hell for every United fan and Liverpool fan us meeting in the European Cup final. It would be the best feeling in the world for the winners but the losers :dead: I feel sick thinking about it.

Plus it will be chaos in Moscow if we both got there. On the planes, in the airports, in the streets, in the ground, everywhere.

I'm being a girl. Bring it on. :beer:
Mark this down, because considering the divide, I can't see it EVER happening again, but

I agree 100% :laugh:

Jaws
04-10-2008, 06:50 PM
Thank you, my friend :salute:

I'm almost in a state of shock :eek:

Now for the Chav$

Indeedy! :beer: :elefant:

Fancy Manure in the final? :sick:

GO REDS!

GO BARCA!

Den21vsBal19
04-10-2008, 06:53 PM
Indeedy! :beer: :elefant:

Fancy Manure in the final? :sick:

GO REDS!

GO BARCA!
Long time, no see my friend :wave:

Much as I'd hate to see it, you know the Reds vs the Red Devils in Red Square makes sense ;)

ManchesterBroncoLUHG
04-11-2008, 08:19 PM
Follow follow follow
Cos United are going to Moscow
There'll be thousands of Reds
with no tickets or beds
Cos United are going to Moscow

Den21vsBal19
04-22-2008, 01:47 PM
Come On You Reds!!!!!!!! http://static.flickr.com/95/207282241_f8b6523d35_o.jpg

ManchesterBroncoLUHG
04-22-2008, 03:18 PM
Ahh my eyes they are stinging :sick:

;)

Den21vsBal19
04-22-2008, 03:29 PM
Ahh my eyes they are stinging :sick:

;)
At least we're tiring them out for you :laugh:

ManchesterBroncoLUHG
04-22-2008, 03:41 PM
John Arne Risse, I wanna know how you scored that goal?? ooh aah!

Den21vsBal19
04-22-2008, 03:45 PM
Frackin' stupid ginga eejut :mad:

Jaws
04-22-2008, 07:23 PM
Frackin' stupid ginga eejut :mad:

Gutted.

Wah wah wah.

What a damper to end the game.

Still confident we can go to Stamford Bridge and beat Chavski though.

Cmon you Reds. :rockon:

Den21vsBal19
04-23-2008, 02:56 PM
We were always likely to need a goal down there, and even if they score, that dynamic doesn't change.......................

Now I'm in a better mood, I'm confident that we'll progress :D

ManchesterBroncoLUHG
04-23-2008, 05:44 PM
We'll have them at OT.

broncosfanscott
04-24-2008, 12:52 AM

I saw that. He might need to go into hiding if that is the reason they don't advance.

ManchesterBroncoLUHG
04-24-2008, 01:02 PM
I saw that. He might need to go into hiding if that is the reason they don't advance.

He'll be welcome all around Manchester if they get knocked out because of it. :D

Flatinum
04-24-2008, 02:09 PM
44 days and counting for Euro 2008. Can't wait.

Slick
04-28-2008, 08:50 PM
Big games tomorrow and Wednesday. Good luck Den, sharkie, and ManchesterLUHG. I'm rooting for an all EPL final that doesn't include Chelsea. :lol:

Retired_Member_001
04-29-2008, 04:35 PM
Well, it will be an all English final for sure. It's actually scary how much Barcelona play like us. They create loads but don't stick it in the net. I don't even want to look at the difference in possesion.

United won that game simply because they defended very well after getting their goal. For that, United deserve to be in the final.

My prediction is a United V Chelsea final. It could go to penalties.

ManchesterBroncoLUHG
04-29-2008, 07:29 PM
Russia will now see what a real Red Army is like.

Buzzing. My throat is sore and my voice has gone. I don't care who we play (I will in the morning probably ;) )

:beer::elefant::D:cool::salute:

Den21vsBal19
04-30-2008, 02:05 PM
Come On You Reds!!!!!!!! http://static.flickr.com/95/207282241_f8b6523d35_o.jpg

Den21vsBal19
04-30-2008, 02:22 PM
Drat!!!!!!!!!

Chelsea go a goal up, although it doesn't change a great deal in that we had to score at Stamford Bridge..................

Den21vsBal19
04-30-2008, 03:09 PM
GET IN THERE MY SON!!!!!!!!! :elefant:

el Nino equalises :beer:

Den21vsBal19
04-30-2008, 03:38 PM
1-1 after 90 minutes, 2-2 on aggregate.............

Yet again, Liverpool vs Chelsea in the semi goes to extra-time :eek:

Slick
04-30-2008, 03:41 PM
1-1 after 90 minutes, 2-2 on aggregate.............

Yet again, Liverpool vs Chelsea in the semi goes to extra-time :eek:

Just got home. Good luck. :beer:

Den21vsBal19
04-30-2008, 03:43 PM
Just got home. Good luck. :beer:
Don't know about luck, at this rate I'm going to be needing more baccy & vodka :eek:

Thanks, though ;)

Retired_Member_001
04-30-2008, 03:43 PM
Oh look, Liverpool got another decision go there way.

I seriously hope Chelsea win 5-1 in ET.

Retired_Member_001
04-30-2008, 03:44 PM

FINALLY!

Den21vsBal19
04-30-2008, 03:45 PM

Thanks, pal :fight:

broncosfanscott
04-30-2008, 03:46 PM
Well they got that goal back.

Retired_Member_001
04-30-2008, 03:46 PM
Thanks, pal :fight:

I just want it to be all fair. People aren't saying Liverpool get all the decisions for no reason.

Emotional moment for Frank.

Den21vsBal19
04-30-2008, 03:49 PM
Interesting passage of play :confused:

Chelsea goal disallowed for offside....................good call.

Penalty to Chelsea....................good call

Torres off for Babel???????????WTF????????:eek::confused:

Den21vsBal19
04-30-2008, 03:51 PM

I just want it to be all fair. People aren't saying Liverpool get all the decisions for no reason.

Emotional moment for Frank.
Only people that don't see the majority of games, and buy into the BS spewed by Andy Gray and his cohorts actually believe that horse manure

Retired_Member_001
04-30-2008, 03:56 PM
Only people that don't see the majority of games, and buy into the BS spewed by Andy Gray and his cohorts actually believe that horse manure

I'm sorry but you just seem to get alot of decisions. It doesn't mean you are not a good team,or that you do not deserve sucess, or that I hate your team. It just means you are extremely lucky.

I mean the penalty was a penaalty. You'd have to be blind not to say that. The off-side was very dodgy and Sky Sports have refused to show it more than once.

If you played fair and square against Inter (which you didn't) and if you played fair and square against us (which you didn't), then I'd want the best team to win.

Anyway, the all English Final will be a big event.

Slick
04-30-2008, 03:56 PM
Maybe i was the kiss of death Den. I get home and Chelsea scores twice.

Retired_Member_001
04-30-2008, 03:58 PM

By the way, Andy Gray just said you deserved a panelty.

Den21vsBal19
04-30-2008, 03:59 PM
I'm sorry but you just seem to get alot of decisions. It doesn't mean you are not a good team,or that you do not deserve sucess, or that I hate your team. It just means you are extremely lucky.

I mean the penalty was a penaalty. You'd have to be blind not to say that. The off-side was very dodgy and Sky Sports have refused to show it more than once.

If you played fair and square against Inter (which you didn't) and if you played fair and square against us (which you didn't), then I'd want the best team to win.

Anyway, the all English Final will be a big event.
Sorry, mate, but that just comes across as a little bitter...............

How did we not play fare against Inter?

See there, a perfectly good penalty ignored :mad:

Den21vsBal19
04-30-2008, 04:01 PM
Maybe i was the kiss of death Den. I get home and Chelsea scores twice.
It ain't over yet, Istanbul, Cardiff, Anfield, we've proven on more than one occasion that we can score very quickly at times...............

Still can't figure out why Torres was subbed though :confused:

Retired_Member_001
04-30-2008, 04:02 PM
Sorry, mate, but that just comes across as a little bitter...............

How did we not play fare against Inter?

See there, a perfectly good penalty ignored :mad:

Look, how about we wait for the aggression and fustration the game must be giving you to end and then we'll talk about this.

As an Arsenal fan I know alot about fustration. ;)

Retired_Member_001
04-30-2008, 04:03 PM
It ain't over yet, Istanbul, Cardiff, Anfield, we've proven on more than one occasion that we can score very quickly at times...............

Still can't figure out why Torres was subbed though :confused:

It was part of the roatation ;).

With a leader like Gerrard, you've always got a chance. You just need a goal NOW (and Torres to get back on the pitch).

Broncospsycho77
04-30-2008, 04:03 PM
Man, if Liverpool had just finished more of their goal attempts in the second, we wouldn't even have to talk about friggin' Chelsea... that rain sure looked nasty all game.

Retired_Member_001
04-30-2008, 04:06 PM
WOAH!

This game is exciting.

Den21vsBal19
04-30-2008, 04:08 PM
GET IN THERE BABEL!!!!!!!

Den21vsBal19
04-30-2008, 04:10 PM
Regardless of the result, I'm off after the game, I've got GTA IV to play ;)

Den21vsBal19
04-30-2008, 04:13 PM
Crap :mad:

See ya later, I'm off to commit murder & mayhem ;)

Retired_Member_001
04-30-2008, 04:13 PM
Regardless of the result, I'm off after the game, I've got GTA IV to play ;)

Are you labelling the people you have to kill Drogba and Riise?

Sparkie
04-30-2008, 05:03 PM
Waaah!!!! :mad:

Not happy with the Liverpool subbing, Torres should have stayed on and where the heck was Crouch??? :confused:

I'll say just this to Chav$ki ... you may have won ... but you AIN'T RED.

*goes off to do some post-match comiserating & whiskyteering*

Y.N.W.A. :salute:

ManchesterBroncoLUHG
04-30-2008, 05:58 PM
The Rentboys it is then.

http://i26.tinypic.com/2dran46.jpg

Love this picture, Hey Bobbee, what's ze French for "I contributed f**K all again"

http://i30.tinypic.com/309pph0.jpg

Den21vsBal19
05-01-2008, 03:14 PM
The Rentboys it is then.

So it's not just us that refer to them so? :laugh:

I'll say this once, and once only, through ground teeth and will NEVER say it again..............

A part of me hopes you beat them in Moscow, I like the fact that the European Cup has never been held south of Brum :D

The rest of me couldn't really give a damn, at least now I can avoid the interminable hype that's going to surround the game.

Flatinum
05-04-2008, 08:09 AM
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2008/writers/the_limey/05/02/britain.dominance/index.html

Den21vsBal19
05-18-2008, 06:43 AM
Normally I don't put any stock in the NOTW, but Bascombe used to be the Reds reporter for the local rag ~

BUSH HOLDS KOP KEY
by CHRIS BASCOMBE

AMERICAN President George Bush has emerged as a key figure in Tom Hicks' plans to retain his grip on co-ownership of Liverpool.

Bush is considering buying back shares in the Texas Rangers baseball team he sold to Hicks in 1998 once his term at the White House ends in January.

Gerrard begs Liverpool board for cash...

John Arne Riise looks set to quit the Premiership...

The Texas Rangers are worth an estimated Ł200million.

And the sale of some shares in his American sports interests may be enough to cover part of the cost of buying George Gillett's 50 per cent stake in Anfield.

Crumbling
But Hicks' critics claim he is only considering selling part of the Texas Rangers and Dallas Stars ice hockey team because his empire is crumbling.

The next crucial financial deadline is September, when the club must prove they have the funds to begin construction of the new stadium at Stanley Park.

If Hicks and Gillett cannot provide assurances, Dubai International Capital will finally have the opportunity to buy into Liverpool.

ManchesterBroncoLUHG
05-20-2008, 07:40 PM
I feel sick. I wish it was kick off time to get this over and done with, one way or the other. :sick:

CoachChaz
05-21-2008, 07:19 AM
I feel sick. I wish it was kick off time to get this over and done with, one way or the other. :sick:

Just a few more hours and victory will be ours.

SOCALORADO.
05-21-2008, 09:36 AM
Just a few more hours and victory will be ours.

So whats the final score of this game going to be?
No offense, but i see
CHELSEA 2
MAN U 1
Also, whos going to win EURO 2008??

Flatinum
05-21-2008, 10:59 AM
For all the English out there, today is their Euro 2008. Enjoy.

Chelsea 1 Man U. 0

SOCALORADO.
05-21-2008, 11:01 AM

Chelsea 1 Man U. 0

Who you got scoring that lone goal?

Den21vsBal19
05-21-2008, 11:02 AM

Chelsea 1 Man U. 0
Believe me, I've got a lot more interest in the Euros than tonight.........

Apart from my............'dislike' for both sides, the FA Cup final they played last season was one of the worst Cup Finals in recent years, talk about dour.............

So unless I can be guaranteed an asteroid strike, or alien invasion, I'll be finding something, anything, else to do tonight..................watch paint dry, maybe...........

CoachChaz
05-21-2008, 11:04 AM
ManU 1 - Chelsea 0. Ronaldo takes advantage of the injury to Cole's ankle and scores in the 2nd half.

SOCALORADO.
05-21-2008, 11:06 AM
ManU 1 - Chelsea 0. Ronaldo takes advantage of the injury to Cole's ankle and scores in the 2nd half.

hey, whos gonna win EURO2008?

CoachChaz
05-21-2008, 11:32 AM
For obvious reasons, I'll be rooting for Poland. Unfortunately, they're in the same pool as my predicted winner...Germany

SOCALORADO.
05-21-2008, 11:35 AM
For obvious reasons, I'll be rooting for Poland. Unfortunately, they're in the same pool as my predicted winner...Germany

Now your speaking truth!! :salute:

Slick
05-21-2008, 11:37 AM
I've got 500 pesos riding on Man U. Roughly 50 bucks.

As far as Euro goes, I was leaning towards the German team as well. Maybe France or Portugal sneaking in there too.

If the play gets as physical as it was in the last World Cup I wouldn't count the Italians out.

CoachChaz
05-21-2008, 11:39 AM
I've got 500 pesos riding on Man U. Roughly 50 bucks.

As far as Euro goes, I was leaning towards the German team as well. Maybe France or Portugal sneaking in there too.

If the play gets as physical as it was in the last World Cup I wouldn't count the Italians out.

After Germany, I'd go with Spain, but Portugal could do well.

Slick
05-21-2008, 11:43 AM
After Germany, I'd go with Spain, but Portugal could do well.

True. The Spanish team is solid as well. I just like the Portuguese midfield, and their coach.

Den21vsBal19
05-21-2008, 11:52 AM
True. The Spanish team is solid as well. I just like the Portuguese midfield, and their coach.
Much as it pains me to say it considering the Spanish Scouse connection, I think Spain'll do their usual impression of a top side in the group, before falling apart in the knockouts

CoachChaz
05-21-2008, 11:54 AM

nani, Deco and Simao are solid and Scolari is a good coach, but Ronaldo will inevitably try to do it all by himslef and kill the team.

Slick
05-21-2008, 11:57 AM
Much as it pains me to say it considering the Spanish Scouse connection, I think Spain'll do their usual impression of a top side in the group, before falling apart in the knockouts

What about the English side Den? Always have the talent...what's the weakest part of the team?

CoachChaz
05-21-2008, 12:00 PM
What about the English side Den? Always have the talent...what's the weakest part of the team?

Lack of Heart

Slick
05-21-2008, 12:02 PM
Lack of Heart

LOL I was going to say goalkeeping maybe

CoachChaz
05-21-2008, 12:04 PM
LOL I was going to say goalkeeping maybe

If they were smart, they'd try to steal an America GK. It's about the only position where we can produce any talent. Put Howard in the English lineup and they probably qualify.

SOCALORADO.
05-21-2008, 12:21 PM
If they were smart, they'd try to steal an America GK. It's about the only position where we can produce any talent. Put Howard in the English lineup and they probably qualify.

Sorry man, but ENG are one of, if not the most overrated teams ever!
Its too bad their fans wont accept this reality.

I see GERMANY winning it all with their combo of veterans and youth plus they are one of the best at team cohesiveness and unity.
They play their best when it matters most.
Mario Gomez will have his "coming out" party at EURO2008. Book it.
Spain are the perenial underacheivers, but this could be a different EURO for them. They are my "darkhorse".
As for Portugal, man they are soo good when they play together! but Ronaldo's impatient and hes always looking to take over too much. Could lead to their eventual downfall, but they are good too!
Portugal are one of the funnest teams to watch!

CoachChaz
05-21-2008, 12:28 PM

I see GERMANY winning it all with their combo of veterans and youth plus they are one of the best at team cohesiveness and unity.
Spain are the perenial underacheivers, but this could be a different EURO for them. They are my "darkhorse".
As for Portugal, man they are soo good when they play together! but Ronaldo's impatient and hes always looking to take over too much. Could lead to their eventual downfall, but they are good too!

I can't argue with any of your points. All I'm saying is that England has the talent and skill to compete with almost anyone. They just lack the desire and direction

Slick
05-21-2008, 12:31 PM

Good points. Although I think the English side either plays too unselfish, or poorly coached. I'm not sure which. A team that has Lampard, Gerrard, Joe Cole, Terry, Ashley Cole, Rooney, Crouch, etc... should be getting better results.

Ronaldo did lead the Champions league in scoring, and maybe the EPL too, I'm not sure. I know Deco is the captain of the Portuguese side, but if they go anywhere Ronaldo will have to score, he needs to be somewhat selfish IMO.

Flatinum
05-21-2008, 01:01 PM
I can't argue with any of your points. All I'm saying is that England has the talent and skill to compete with almost anyone. They just lack the desire and direction

Agree with your direction point. See Greece in 2004, the team had always been a mess, so they brought in a solid coach. Look what happened. It's not just '04 either, it's carried over and they are now a solid legit team, not a darkhorse that's going to sneak up on anyone.

CoachChaz
05-21-2008, 01:03 PM
Agree with your direction point. See Greece in 2004, the team had always been a mess, so they brought in a solid coach. Look what happened. It's not just '04 either, it's carried over and they are now a solid legit team, not a darkhorse that's going to sneak up on anyone.

even more currently, how about the Czech team. There's a group of guys that could seriously surprise some people.

CoachChaz
05-21-2008, 01:57 PM
Damn firewall won't let me watch the game cast...updates would be appreciated.

Slick
05-21-2008, 02:13 PM
Damn firewall won't let me watch the game cast...updates would be appreciated.

Chelsea was playing on Man U's side for a good bit, but Ronaldo scores on a header in the 25th minute...1-0 ManU

CoachChaz
05-21-2008, 02:25 PM
Chelsea was playing on Man U's side for a good bit, but Ronaldo scores on a header in the 25th minute...1-0 ManU

Yeah, I found a site I can watch it on. With the exception of Van Der Sar's awesome save, United has been completely dominant. Essien just can't run with Ronaldo today.

Slick
05-21-2008, 02:31 PM
Lampard tied it up. 45th minute. Also a couple of good saves by both keepers. It could easily be 2-2.

EDIT: Just saw your post Coach. Glad you got something to work. Pretty good 1st half.

CoachChaz
05-21-2008, 02:33 PM
Should be more than that. United should have 2 or 3 more goals. They keep missing these opportunities and they're screwed.

CoachChaz
05-21-2008, 02:37 PM
Lampard tied it up. 45th minute. Also a couple of good saves by both keepers. It could easily be 2-2.

EDIT: Just saw your post Coach. Glad you got something to work. Pretty good 1st half.

Frustrating though. Carrick and Tevez missed some easy opportunities to pad the lead at the time. They have to stop Lampard too.

Slick
05-21-2008, 02:39 PM
Tevez definitely had two great chances and failed to finish.

CoachChaz
05-21-2008, 02:43 PM
Tevez definitely had two great chances and failed to finish.

How the hell did he completely miss that vross by Rooney? A high school player could have finished that one.

Slick
05-21-2008, 02:46 PM
How the hell did he completely miss that vross by Rooney? A high school player could have finished that one.

No shit. That one could haunt him for a while.

CoachChaz
05-21-2008, 02:57 PM
No shit. That one could haunt him for a while.

he drives me up a wall. Sometimes he amazing and others he's forgettable.

CoachChaz
05-21-2008, 03:47 PM
I'll be pissed if this comes down to PK's. I hate that crap.

Slick
05-21-2008, 04:22 PM
Yea me too. That blows.

LMAO Tevez starting some friction, then Drogba getting tossed for slapping Vidic.

SOCALORADO.
05-21-2008, 04:59 PM
Yea me too. That blows.

LMAO Tevez starting some friction, then Drogba getting tossed for slapping Vidic.

What the heck happened?!?! I see all these yellows and a red for Drogba, but i cant see the game, i'm at work! Looks like Man U won on penalties. that blows, they should just let them play till someone scores.

Slick
05-21-2008, 05:25 PM
What the heck happened?!?! I see all these yellows and a red for Drogba, but i cant see the game, i'm at work! Looks like Man U won on penalties. that blows, they should just let them play till someone scores.

Tevez started pushing and shoving a couple guys. In the cluster, Drogba lightly slaps Vidic right in front of the ref. When the dust finally settled, Drogba got the red, Tevez a yellow.

I agree. They should play out the two 15 minute extra times, then go to sudden death. A final settled on PK's loses it's excitement IMO.

Ronaldo missed his PK, Terry had a chance to finish it for Chelsea, but he slipped and missed. Then Van der Sar makes a save on a shot by Anelka and that was it.

I then got a text message from my friend that I had the bet with...all it said was "F*** Anelka".

ManchesterBroncoLUHG
05-22-2008, 04:59 AM
http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d91/superbocksuperstar/moscow.jpg

CoachChaz
05-22-2008, 07:20 AM
I will say, that was probably one of the more dramatic PK sesions I've ever witnessed.

GLORY, GLORY MAN UNITED!!!!!

SOCALORADO.
05-22-2008, 08:28 AM
Congrats to MAN U fans!!
A very tough match with a downer of a finish, but oh well, someones got to go home a winner!

On to EURO2008!

Broncospsycho77
05-22-2008, 05:33 PM
Wow, what a game! Some of the parts were eerily similar to the World Cup Finale, but a game between such big rivals and such high stakes always brings out a tense atmosphere. Man U should have won that maybe 2 or 3 to 1 (maybe 2) with all of the great crosses and follow-ups they had. Tevez just blew it during regulation. Still, love the drama, and I'm sure excited for Euro 08.

Retired_Member_001
05-25-2008, 01:10 PM
I know this is old, but:

http://www.bigfreebet.com/BetAdvice/wp-content/uploads/2008/05/terry2.jpg

Den21vsBal19
06-04-2008, 05:57 PM
BBC Sport ~

Portuguese champions Porto have been excluded from next season's Champions League over alleged bribery of referees in the 2003/04 season.

The allegations relate to Porto's 2-0 win against Estrela da Amadora and their 0-0 draw with Beira Mar.

Porto won their domestic title and the Champions League in 2003/04 under their former coach Jose Mourinho, who has not been mentioned in any allegations.

The club has already confirmed it will appeal against Uefa's decision.

Last month, Porto were found guilty by the Portuguese league of fixing the two league matches in question, which were part of the "Golden Whistle" investigation.

As a result Porto were fined 150,000 Euros and docked six points, but they decided not to appeal against that decision on the grounds the club had a substantial lead in the league.

The punishment did not affect final standings as Porto still won last season's title for the third time in a row, 14 points ahead of Sporting Lisbon.

However, the club's president Jorge Pinto da Costa has appealed against a two-year suspension and he will go to trial in a civil lawsuit by Porto prosecutors.

Uefa director of communications William Gaillard told BBC Radio 5 Live: "We have taken this decision because a Portuguese court has actually sentenced FC Porto and its president.

"The president has appealed against the decision but the club itself has not appealed and therefore this is a sentence that stands and under our statutes, we felt obliged to ban them from next year's Champions League.

"I don't think it will affect Porto's status as champions of Europe in 2004, this is not something that has come up in the recent debates that we had among our legal experts.

"Porto can appeal within three days of receiving the motivations of the sentence, if it lost that appeal of course we would then replace Porto with the runners-up."

Previously AC Milan were excluded from the Champions League in 2006 following the investigation in to corruption in Italian football that saw Juventus relegated.

But they successfully appealed against the decision and went on to win the competition.

The affair in Portugal, which came to light in April 2004, also resulted in five referees being suspended for periods between two-and-a-half and six years.

The referees were found guilty of accepting the offer of prostitutes after matches, while in once case an official received 2,500 Euros prior to a match.

Boavista were relegated to the second division for their part in the match-fixing.

:eek:

Den21vsBal19
07-31-2008, 05:43 PM
I guess it's time to kick this thread up the ass yet again, as some of Europe's big guns are entered into tomorrow's 3rd qualifying round draw...................

A total of sixteen games are to be drawn, with 21 teams seeded, and 25 unseeded (depending on the results from the second qualifying round). Country protection applies.

Seeded:

Liverpool FC (ENG), FC Barcelona (ESP), Arsenal FC (ENG), FC Schalke 04 (GER), Juventus (ITA), Rangers FC (SCO) / FBK Kaunas (LTU), Olympique de Marseille (FRA), FC Steaua Bucureşti (ROU), Panathinaikos FC (GRE) / FC Dinamo Tbilisi (GEO), IFK Göteborg (SWE) / FC Basel 1893 (SUI), Olympiacos CFP (GRE), Fenerbahçe SK (TUR) / MTK Budapest (HUN), FC Shakhtar Donetsk (UKR), RSC Anderlecht (BEL) / FC BATE Borisov (BLR), ACF Fiorentina (ITA), FC Spartak Moskva (RUS)

Unseeded

Club Atlético de Madrid (ESP), FC Sheriff (MDA) / AC Sparta Praha (CZE), Drogheda United FC (IRL) / FC Dynamo Kyiv (UKR), PFC Levski Sofia (BUL), SK Slavia Praha (CZE), Galatasaray AS (TUR), FC İnter Bakı (AZE) / FK Partizan (SRB), Vitória SC (POR), NK Domžale (SVN) / NK Dinamo Zagreb (CRO), Beitar Jerusalem FC (ISR) / Wisla Kraków (POL), R. Standard de Ličge (BEL), FC Twente (NED), Tampere United (FIN) / FC Artmedia Petržalka (SVK), Aalborg BK (DEN) / FK Modriča (BIH), SK Brann (NOR) / FK Ventspils (LVA), Anorthosis Famagusta FC (CYP) / SK Rapid Wien (AUT)

The draw takes place at 12:00 CET, in Nyon, Switzerland

Den21vsBal19
08-01-2008, 05:47 AM
Third Qualifying Round

Anorthosis/Rapid Vienna v Olympiakos
Vitoria Guimaraes v IFK Gothenburg/Basel
Shakhtar Donetsk v Domzale/Dinamo Zagreb
Schalke 04 v Atletico Madrid
Aalborg/Modrica v RANGERS/Kaunas
Barcelona v Beitar Jerusalem/Wisla Krakow
Levski Sofia v Anderlecht/BATE
Standard Liege v LIVERPOOL
Inter Baku/Partizan v Fenerbahce/MTK Budapest
FC Twente v ARSENAL
Spartak Moscow v Drogheda/Dinamo Kiev
Juventus v Tampere/Artmedia
SK Brann/Ventspils v Marseille
Fiorentina v Slavia Prague
Galatasaray v Steaua Bucharest
Panathinaikos/Dinamo Tbilisi v Sheriff Tiraspol/Sparta Prague

First legs to be played on 12/13 August, second legs on 26/27 August.

Retired_Member_001
08-01-2008, 02:17 PM
mCLOWNS new team. It should be easy to beat them.

Den21vsBal19
08-01-2008, 04:23 PM
mCLOWNS new team. It should be easy to beat them.
He's gonna bore you into submission :lol:

Retired_Member_001
08-01-2008, 05:40 PM
He's gonna bore you into submission :lol:

God I hope he doesn't park the bus in front of the goal. That's going to drive Wenger crazy.

Den21vsBal19
08-01-2008, 05:47 PM
A revolutionary 9-2-0 formation :eek:

Still, at least you know, as an ex-England manager, his team will be unable to take a penalty :laugh:

Retired_Member_001
08-01-2008, 06:01 PM
A revolutionary 9-2-0 formation :eek:

Still, at least you know, as an ex-England manager, his team will be unable to take a penalty :laugh:

As an ex-England manager, he will naturally have the lead against the amazing big team, and then lose it.

He will then go on to play a crap team *Macedonia cough cough* and play horribly.

Retired_Member_001
08-01-2008, 06:03 PM
Third Qualifying Round

Anorthosis

My Mum's cousin is friends with one of the players.

Bet you didn't know that.

Den21vsBal19
08-01-2008, 06:21 PM
My Mum's cousin is friends with one of the players.

Bet you didn't know that.
You'd be right ;)

Den21vsBal19
08-28-2008, 11:56 AM
GROUP A
Chelsea (ENG)
Roma (ITA)
Bordeaux (FRA)
CFR Cluj (ROM)

GROUP B
Inter (ITA)
Werder Bremen (GER)
Panathinaikos (GRE)
Anorthosis Famagusta (CYP)

GROUP C
Barcelona (SPA)
Sporting (POR)
FC Basel (SWI)
Shakhtar Donetsk (UKR)

GROUP D
Liverpool (ENG)
PSV Eindhoven (HOL)
Marseille (FRA)
Atletico Madrid (SPA)

GROUP E
Manchester United (ENG)
Villarreal (SPA)
Celtic (SCO)
Aalborg (DEN)

GROUP F
Lyon (FRA)
Bayern Munich (GER)
Steaua Bucharest (ROM)
Fiorentina (ITA)

GROUP G
Arsenal (ENG)
Porto (POR)
Fenerbahce (TUR)
Dynamo Kiev (UKR)

GROUP H
Real Madrid (SPA)
Juventus (ITA)
Zenit St Petersburg (RUS)
FC BATE Borisov (BEL)

njbroncosfan
09-06-2008, 10:58 PM
Liverpool definitely have a challenging road ahead. Tough group.
I can't wait to see Juve play Madrid. It's been a while coming, seeing them in a big match at this level again.

Den21vsBal19
09-10-2008, 04:59 PM
Liverpool definitely have a challenging road ahead. Tough group.
I can't wait to see Juve play Madrid. It's been a while coming, seeing them in a big match at this level again.
Certainly won't be easy, but we've dealt with both PSV & Marseille in recent campaigns.....................Atletico are the joker in the pack

Den21vsBal19
09-16-2008, 01:48 PM
And the Champions League proper is up and running..................

COME ON YOU REDS!!!!!!!

Den21vsBal19
10-01-2008, 02:42 PM
Easy win for Arsenal last night, exensive one for the Mancs (Scholes out for upto 8 weeks), Liverpool comfortable at the break.............and the Chavs drawing against debutants Cluj

Jaws
10-01-2008, 06:15 PM
3-1 win for the reds and robbie keane's first goal :D

Will do me nicely :beer:

I like Cluj!

Den21vsBal19
10-02-2008, 02:36 PM
3-1 win for the reds and robbie keane's first goal :D

Will do me nicely :beer:

I like Cluj!
Not to mention Stevie's 100th for the club in trademark, netbusting fashion....................I've asked this before, but does he do tap-ins? :laugh:

Den21vsBal19
11-04-2008, 03:54 PM
Not a brilliant scoreline so far, although we're not playing poorly............definite handball not given though :mad:

At least the Chav$ are loosing as well ;)

frenchfan
11-05-2008, 01:56 AM
Not a brilliant scoreline so far, although we're not playing poorly............definite handball not given though :mad:

At least the Chav$ are loosing as well ;)2 wins for the French teams... I haven't seen that for a while ! :shocked: :laugh:

Hope that will inspire our Broncos ! ;) :D

Den, I think Reds and Atletico will qualify for the next round... OM has a chance for UEFA cup.

Den21vsBal19
11-05-2008, 08:06 AM
2 wins for the French teams... I haven't seen that for a while ! :shocked: :laugh:

Hope that will inspire our Broncos ! ;) :D

Den, I think Reds and Atletico will qualify for the next round... OM has a chance for UEFA cup.
Yeah, I think you're probably right............would have been nice to have done it last night though :whoknows:

Retired_Member_001
11-05-2008, 12:55 PM
Did anyone see Anorthosis against Inter Milan yesterday? If it wasn't for a horrible Free Kick decision, Anorthosis would have won.

In fact, at this point in time, Anorthosis Famagusta are a better side than Arsenal. Believe that.

Den21vsBal19
12-10-2008, 08:05 AM
English clubs once again show their dominance of the English game as Liverpool and Chav$ki last night joined Arsenal & the Mancs in the last sixteen.

To be honest, as long as they dodge Barca, I don't think anyone will really mind who they draw next Friday.

The Mancs need to equal Villareal's result to win the group, whereas a draw should be good enough for the Gunners

Den21vsBal19
12-19-2008, 05:17 AM
'Super Sixteen' draw today in just under an hour............

Teams cannot be drawn against a team from the same nation, or the other team that qualifies from the same group..............

For example, Liverpool can't play Arsenal, Chav$ski or Atletico Madrid.

Group winners: Barcelona, Bayern Munich, Juventus, Liverpool, Manchester United, Panathinaikos, Porto, Roma

Runners-up: Arsenal, Atletico Madrid, Chelsea, Inter Milan, Lyon, Real Madrid, Sporting Lisbon, Villarreal

Den21vsBal19
12-19-2008, 07:58 AM
Super Sixteen draw:

Chelsea v Juventus
Villarreal v Panathinaikos
Sporting Lisbon v Bayern Munich
Atletico Madrid v FC Porto
Lyon v Barcelona
Real Madrid v Liverpool
Arsenal v Roma
Inter Milan v Manchester United

The ties will be played on February 24/25 and March 10/11.

Devilspawn
12-19-2008, 11:05 AM
Super Sixteen draw:

Chelsea v Juventus
Villarreal v Panathinaikos
Sporting Lisbon v Bayern Munich
Atletico Madrid v FC Porto
Lyon v Barcelona
Real Madrid v Liverpool
Arsenal v Roma
Inter Milan v Manchester United

The ties will be played on February 24/25 and March 10/11.
Has Osasuna ever been in one of these?

Eh I'll take Barcelona, they're my juggernaut backup. :elefant:

Den21vsBal19
12-19-2008, 07:00 PM
Has Osasuna ever been in one of these?

Eh I'll take Barcelona, they're my juggernaut backup. :elefant:

No, they qualified for the qualiying rounds for the 06/07 competition, but didn't make it to the group stages.....

I think if you weren't going to pick one of the English sides, Barca's a pretty decent bet

Den21vsBal19
02-10-2009, 07:49 AM
:rofl::rofl::rofl:

So the circus that is Chav$ki continues to amuse with the sacking of Scolari.............

Amongst the names mentioned to replace Scolari are Avram Grant (why would he want to subject himself to the disgraceful treatment he recieved again?), Gus Hiddink (whose salary as Russian coach is alledgedly part-funded by Abramovich) & Gianfranco Zola (don't do it, lad..............you're one of the few players from the Chav$ that's universally loved)

Maybe Abramovich should just give his son the job ;)

By my reckoning, that makes it 6 managerial changes so far this year............Keegan relaced by Kinnear at the Toon, Keane replaced by Spragia at the Mackems, Ramos replaced by Redknapp at Spuds, Redknapp replaced by Adams at Pompey (sacked on Monday), & Ince replaced by Fat Sam at Blackburn......... I wonder if we can hit 50% for the season ;)

Den21vsBal19
03-10-2009, 04:58 PM
Damn, I never saw that result coming...................................it was like Rafa shook up a can of Coke and opened it on the pitch :eek:

frenchfan
03-11-2009, 02:47 AM
Congrats Reds !!!!!! :beer:
With this result, you are forced to pay us some drinks Den ;) :D

Damn... I wish Lyon would have finished first instead of Bayern...
12 goals in 2 games... I guess Sporting had nothing to do at this level... :D

Den21vsBal19
03-11-2009, 05:01 AM
That Bayern result was mental....................unfortunately you get these results every now & then.................

See what happens tonight and then we may have a better idea of how it's going to go down.....................I'm just wondering which English clubs will get drawn against each other this time......................you just know Platini doesn't want another all English final ;)

frenchfan
03-11-2009, 11:05 AM
That Bayern result was mental....................unfortunately you get these results every now & then.................

See what happens tonight and then we may have a better idea of how it's going to go down.....................I'm just wondering which English clubs will get drawn against each other this time......................you just know Platini doesn't want another all English final ;)Typical french acting ;) :laugh:

More seriously... Platini was a genious as a player... But I really don't like him as a UEFA's leader...

ManchesterBroncoLUHG
03-11-2009, 02:37 PM
Great result for your lot last night Den :sick::yuck:

My nerves are bad tonight. We are better than Inter as the match at the San Siro showed that. We should have won by 3 or 4 with the chances we had. We are playing brilliant but we have to come a cropper sooner or later, I just hope we get through tonight and Saturday. 2 wins and I'll be a very happy lad. :beer:

Den21vsBal19
03-11-2009, 08:06 PM
Typical french acting ;) :laugh:

More seriously... Platini was a genious as a player... But I really don't like him as a UEFA's leader...

Why is it that football's administrator's have to be lobotomised before they take office? :confused:

Great result for your lot last night Den :sick::yuck:

My nerves are bad tonight. We are better than Inter as the match at the San Siro showed that. We should have won by 3 or 4 with the chances we had. We are playing brilliant but we have to come a cropper sooner or later, I just hope we get through tonight and Saturday. 2 wins and I'll be a very happy lad. :beer:

Good result though tonight......................who is going to get stitched up with the all-English quarter...............you just know Platini's going to nobble the balls somewhere down the line

frenchfan
03-13-2009, 03:10 AM
I propose to rename Champions League...
IMO, we should name it "Queen's Cup"... Don't you think so ??? :laugh:

No Italians teams for the next round :shocked:...
Damn... Who will dive and simulate now??? :confused: :D

No French teams either... But here, there is no surprise...
What a gap between the best French team (Lyon) and the best European teams... Lyon never had a chance to qualify at Camp Nou...
I really wish we had teams like Liverpool or MU....

Slick
03-13-2009, 09:20 AM
Saw the replay of Arsenal/Roma yesterday. It wasn't pretty, but I'll take it. :D

frenchfan
03-13-2009, 10:09 AM
Saw the replay of Arsenal/Roma yesterday. It wasn't pretty, but I'll take it. :DIn fact, that was a boring game... The only excitement was those penalties at the end :D

Watch games with french teams... At least, you'll see many goals... (too bad we can't score though... :laugh: )

Den21vsBal19
03-13-2009, 10:49 AM
Speaking of which, when the hell are UEFA going to do something about Roma??:mad:
Yet again, an incident where a fan is stabbed, and yet they get to keep the final?????:confused:

ManchesterBroncoLUHG
03-13-2009, 04:06 PM
Saw the replay of Arsenal/Roma yesterday. It wasn't pretty, but I'll take it. :D

Quite possibly the worst penalty shootout I've ever seen. The first penalty that Roma missed :tsk::lol:

Speaking of which, when the hell are UEFA going to do something about Roma??:mad:
Yet again, an incident where a fan is stabbed, and yet they get to keep the final?????:confused:

Unbelivable isn't it? How many times will they get away with it. Can you imagine English clubs getting away with once never min 4 or 5 times. And to cap it off the UEFA Cups in Istanbul :confused:

Devilspawn
03-13-2009, 05:03 PM
Just stamping my ticket for Barcelona, even though I now hate those front runners. But anyway.

Den21vsBal19
03-14-2009, 04:19 AM
Quite possibly the worst penalty shootout I've ever seen. The first penalty that Roma missed :tsk::lol:

Unbelivable isn't it? How many times will they get away with it. Can you imagine English clubs getting away with once never min 4 or 5 times. And to cap it off the UEFA Cups in Istanbul :confused:
To be fair, the Turks did a great job for the final in '05, so maybe they've finally learnt their lesson...................

But Rome :tsk:

The ******** have been at it since the first Cup Final I went to back in '84 :mad:

frenchfan
03-16-2009, 02:06 AM
Yet again, an incident where a fan is stabbed, and yet they get to keep the final?????:confused:Den... We can't apply the same rules to the Italians... You should know better ;)
Don't you remember Zidane was the 1st victim of the video's referee? (though it is not allowed)... Not to say it was unfair, but just illegal regarding the rules...

BTW, banning you because of your fans was the only way we found to prevent you to win the Queen's cup... I mean... The Champion's league ;) :laugh:

Den21vsBal19
03-16-2009, 02:22 AM
Den... We can't apply the same rules to the Italians... You should know better ;)
Don't you remember Zidane was the 1st victim of the video's referee? (though it is not allowed)... Not to say it was unfair, but just illegal regarding the rules...

BTW, banning you because of your fans was the only way we found to prevent you to win the Queen's cup... I mean... The Champion's league ;) :laugh:
This, of course, is very true.............................on all counts ;) :D

frenchfan
03-16-2009, 02:36 AM
This, of course, is very true.............................on all counts ;) :DSadly... :D

:shots:

But, I can remember a final in Rome that was pretty cool... 1983-84 : As Roma vs Liverpool FC... I'll never forget Grobbelaar's dance :laugh:

Den21vsBal19
03-16-2009, 02:48 AM
Sadly... :D

:shots:

But, I can remember a final in Rome that was pretty cool... 1983-84 : As Roma vs Liverpool FC... I'll never forget Grobbelaar's dance :laugh:
That was a fine night, I am absolutley honoured to have been there..........................even if I had to turn around when Barney took his winning pen.................:lol:

But what I saw after the game, Italian youths on mopeds with lengths of wood, and bricks, means that I won't EVER go to Rome for a game of football again...................and I still can't believe they got the final.................:confused:

frenchfan
03-16-2009, 02:55 AM
That was a fine night, I am absolutley honoured to have been there..........................even if I had to turn around when Barney took his winning pen.................:lol:

But what I saw after the game, Italian youths on mopeds with lengths of wood, and bricks, means that I won't EVER go to Rome for a game of football again...................and I still can't believe they got the final.................:confused:Den... You attended to this game? :salute: :beer:
Incredible !

I was only 13 but I still remember this final and the penalties...
At this time, I was playing as keeper and I was rofl after Grobbe's dance... The most famous pen series of all time IMO... :laugh:

This is something I hate about soccer... some fans(???)... well... I mean suckers who can't handle the defeat... Blame your team if you want or accept the fact the others were better... Plain and simple...

Yeah... I don't understand the choice either... But you know my point about UEFA and Italians ;) :D

Why not a final at the Stade de France?
After all, there is no chance a french team can reach the final, so it would have been a nice choice :laugh:

Den21vsBal19
03-16-2009, 03:28 AM
Den... You attended to this game? :salute: :beer:
Incredible !

I was only 13 but I still remember this final and the penalties...
At this time, I was playing as keeper and I was rofl after Grobbe's dance... The most famous pen series of all time IMO... :laugh:

This is something I hate about soccer... some fans(???)... well... I mean suckers who can't handle the defeat... Blame your team if you want or accept the fact the others were better... Plain and simple...

Yeah... I don't understand the choice either... But you know my point about UEFA and Italians ;) :D

Why not a final at the Stade de France?
After all, there is no chance a french team can reach the final, so it would have been a nice choice :laugh:
Yes, I was lucky enough to be there :D

You truly are my bro, I was a keeper as well & 12 at the time:lol

Yes, it truly seems that the Italians have something over the powers that be in UEFA..................................maybe some compromising photos?

I'd have had no problem with the Stade de France...........................other than it being Paris ;)

I'm told even the French dislike the Parisian :lol:

frenchfan
03-16-2009, 04:28 AM
Yes, I was lucky enough to be there :D

You truly are my bro, I was a keeper as well & 12 at the time:lol

Yes, it truly seems that the Italians have something over the powers that be in UEFA..................................maybe some compromising photos?

I'd have had no problem with the Stade de France...........................other than it being Paris ;)

I'm told even the French dislike the Parisian :lol::beer: So true !

:shocked: ... Incredible !!!

Yep... some compromising photos IMO... Or may be UEFA like so much crybabies :D

:rofl:
Yeah... In fact, nobody in France like the Parisians... even the Parisians themselves... LOL
I guess it's historical... Everything here leads to Paris... Paris is really the center of France (not geographically)... And they often treat us like uneducated/not smart people...
Hopefully, some movies like "Bienvenue chez les Ch'tis" (did you hear about it?) and soccer help us (Lille had better results these last years than PSG ;)).

Slick
03-16-2009, 01:54 PM
When do we find out who plays who in the next round? Has it already been said and I missed it?

Den21vsBal19
03-16-2009, 01:58 PM
When do we find out who plays who in the next round? Has it already been said and I missed it?
Come in here for a bit of sanity, eh? :behindsofa:

The draw for the quarters & semis is this Friday.

Completely free draw, no seeding, no nation protection, home field advantage decide in the draw.....................

And somewhere, Platini is trying to work out how to fiddle with his balls..........................

Trying to get the English clubs to knock each other out ;)

Slick
03-16-2009, 02:06 PM
Come in here for a bit of sanity, eh? :behindsofa:

The draw for the quarters & semis is this Friday.

Completely free draw, no seeding, no nation protection, home field advantage decide in the draw.....................

And somewhere, Platini is trying to work out how to fiddle with his balls..........................

Trying to get the English clubs to knock each other out ;)

Yeah, I can't take much more of the BS in GD Den.

...and LMFAO, I was just going to add, what are the odds that it some how works out that they try to make the English teams knock each other out. They all looked strong, except the Gunners. I'm trying to be positive, but I feel like we're the weakest of the English teams left. Maybe we'll get a lucky draw. I feel like we have a chance against the Portuguese side, but anyone else, knocks us out.

Den21vsBal19
03-16-2009, 02:22 PM
Yeah, I can't take much more of the BS in GD Den.

...and LMFAO, I was just going to add, what are the odds that it some how works out that they try to make the English teams knock each other out. They all looked strong, except the Gunners. I'm trying to be positive, but I feel like we're the weakest of the English teams left. Maybe we'll get a lucky draw. I feel like we have a chance against the Portuguese side, but anyone else, knocks us out.
I'll probably give it more consideration once we know what's what, but Porto & Villareal are probably the easiest sides to get drawn against.......................Munich had what was probably a bit of an abberation, but no-one will want Barca or the English clubs.................

Slick
03-16-2009, 02:47 PM
I'll probably give it more consideration once we know what's what, but Porto & Villareal are probably the easiest sides to get drawn against.......................Munich had what was probably a bit of an abberation, but no-one will want Barca or the English clubs.................

True. I'm hoping for Porto or Villareal myself. Messi and Raul would cut us to shreds and so would your boys, Man U or Chel$ki I'm afraid. I bookmarked the CL official site, but be sure and post the draws on Friday if you can remember Denny. :beer:

Den21vsBal19
03-16-2009, 03:07 PM
True. I'm hoping for Porto or Villareal myself. Messi and Raul would cut us to shreds and so would your boys, Man U or Chel$ki I'm afraid. I bookmarked the CL official site, but be sure and post the draws on Friday if you can remember Denny. :beer:
Not a problem, my friend :salute:

frenchfan
03-17-2009, 02:17 AM

Trying to get the English clubs to knock each other out ;)Yeah... He has a deal with Blanco to make you pay for your infamous win over us last day ;) :laugh:

Just don't forget also Platini rules the UEFA (and UEFA is ruled by Italians) and he played a long time in Italy (and he has Italian roots)...
You're 3-0 vs Italians this year... You have to pay for that too... :D

Now there is no more French teams left (what a surprise :rolleyes: :D), I'm rooting for Reds or Barcelona... I'm OK with Gunners too.

I see MU vs Chavs / Reds vs Bayern / Porto vs Villareal / Barcelona vs Gunners...

:coffee:

Den21vsBal19
03-17-2009, 04:37 AM
Yeah... He has a deal with Blanco to make you pay for your infamous win over us last day ;) :laugh:

Just don't forget also Platini rules the UEFA (and UEFA is ruled by Italians) and he played a long time in Italy (and he has Italian roots)...
You're 3-0 vs Italians this year... You have to pay for that too... :D

Now there is no more French teams left (what a surprise :rolleyes: :D), I'm rooting for Reds or Barcelona... I'm OK with Gunners too.

I see MU vs Chavs / Reds vs Bayern / Porto vs Villareal / Barcelona vs Gunners...

:coffee:

To be fair, he probably does have some reason to hate us, having been at Heysel, but for frack's sake :tsk:

I'd settle for that for a draw, as long as we don't get one of the other English sides.....................

frenchfan
03-17-2009, 05:18 AM

To be fair, he probably does have some reason to hate us, having been at Heysel, but for frack's sake :tsk:

I'd settle for that for a draw, as long as we don't get one of the other English sides.....................You know... I do remember Heysel too... I was watching the final on TV and I couldn't believe that... First, I thought it was a bad joke... It was too unbelievable... :tsk:
It was a shock but I've never blamed English people for that... I just blame the suckers who did that... I think British supporters are great... Sure, the hooligan's problem was awful, but it's not only an English thing ;)

It was my worst soccer's memories... Even bad losses (such as 82's WC semi-final against Germany) are far away to be as bad as this event... A very sad day for the whole soccer. Sport should mean entertainment but not burial.

I don't know if Platini hates English teams or not... What I know is that I don't like how he rules UEFA... I don't like his old vision of soccer... May be that's why he's fed up that Milan and Juventus don't rule European soccer anymore ;) :D
I was also upset when a cheating team (AC Milan) could play the CL... You (English teams) paid for Heysel... I think it would be fair that some teams pay for their "crimes" too... Hummm... no wait... they are Italians so it's OK... :D

Den21vsBal19
03-17-2009, 05:34 AM
You know... I do remember Heysel too... I was watching the final on TV and I couldn't believe that... First, I thought it was a bad joke... It was too unbelievable... :tsk:
It was a shock but I've never blamed English people for that... I just blame the suckers who did that... I think British supporters are great... Sure, the hooligan's problem was awful, but it's not only an English thing ;)

It was my worst soccer's memories... Even bad losses (such as 82's WC semi-final against Germany) are far away to be as bad as this event... A very sad day for the whole soccer. Sport should mean entertainment but not burial.

I don't know if Platini hates English teams or not... What I know is that I don't like how he rules UEFA... I don't like his old vision of soccer... May be that's why he's fed up that Milan and Juventus don't rule European soccer anymore ;) :D
I was also upset when a cheating team (AC Milan) could play the CL... You (English teams) paid for Heysel... I think it would be fair that some teams pay for their "crimes" too... Hummm... no wait... they are Italians so it's OK... :D
The Heysel tragedy, to a large extent, had it's roots in the final in Rome, the year before. Despite the problems that English clubs, and the national side, had experienced, Liverpool had a pretty good reputation for the behaviour of their fans.

But, and unfortunatley I can't find it, I was reading an article by a convicted West Ham hooligan, basically saying that the crowd at the game was made up to a large extent of English hooligans, who were going to teach 'Johnny Foreigner' what for after English fans came back from Rome battered & bloodied........................add to that a stadium that was falling apart, and Liverpool had complained about before the game, and a police force that was under-strength as they'd blown all their overtime on a visit by the Pope..........................it was a recipie for disaster, that unfortunately, and to the shame of every Liverpool fan, came to pass.................

frenchfan
03-17-2009, 06:51 AM
Great post Den...

What people forget is that there were also hooligans in Italy too...
And also there is a difference between supporters and hooligans... A hooligan really doesn't care about a team, he just care about fighting ;)

Hey Den... Is there some news about Reds playing on april 15 or not (due to honour Hillsborough's tragedy)?

Den21vsBal19
03-17-2009, 08:03 AM
Great post Den...

What people forget is that there were also hooligans in Italy too...
And also there is a difference between supporters and hooligans... A hooligan really doesn't care about a team, he just care about fighting ;)

Hey Den... Is there some news about Reds playing on april 15 or not (due to honour Hillsborough's tragedy)?
Very true, but for some reason UEFA only seem to take tough action against England................Italy, they reward with finals! :confused:

UEFA have said they'll try to avoid us playing on the 15th................not that I believe a word out of Galiard's cake-hole

I guess we'll find out on Friday:whoknows:

frenchfan
03-18-2009, 01:54 AM
Very true, but for some reason UEFA only seem to take tough action against England................Italy, they reward with finals! :confused:

UEFA have said they'll try to avoid us playing on the 15th................not that I believe a word out of Galiard's cake-hole

I guess we'll find out on Friday:whoknows:Don't worry, Platini said he'll do his best for Reds ;) :laugh:

More seriously, I think you'll play on 14th... UEFA would be very silly to force you to play on 15h with all the meaning this day has for Reds Nation.
I think they should understand there are more important things than soccer, no ?

Den21vsBal19
03-18-2009, 03:24 AM
Don't worry, Platini said he'll do his best for Reds ;) :laugh:

More seriously, I think you'll play on 14th... UEFA would be very silly to force you to play on 15h with all the meaning this day has for Reds Nation.
I think they should understand there are more important things than soccer, no ?

Especially with this year being the 20th Anniversary.....................and it doesn't just effect the fans, Gerrard lost his cousin in the disaster...........

But UEFA have always been a little 'ambiguous' with the idea of keeping their word...............so wait & see.........

frenchfan
03-18-2009, 10:42 AM
Especially with this year being the 20th Anniversary.....................and it doesn't just effect the fans, Gerrard lost his cousin in the disaster...........

But UEFA have always been a little 'ambiguous' with the idea of keeping their word...............so wait & see.........Yes I knew that about Steven G.

Personnaly, I'll take that for a very lack of respect if they force you to play that day... You'll have a hitman at your service ;) :D
(for a priceless cost of some single malt drinks :laugh: )...

Den21vsBal19
03-20-2009, 04:23 AM
BBC ~ Clubs await Champions League draw (http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/europe/7951918.stm)

CHAMPIONS LEAGUE & UEFA CUP
Quarter-final and semi-final draws in Nyon, Swtizerland
Date: Friday, 20 March
Times: Champions League from 1100 GMT, Uefa Cup from 1200 GMT
Coverage: Live text commentary on BBC Sport website from 1030 GMT. Audio commentary from 1100 GMT. Commentary on BBC Radio Five Live, TV coverage on British Eurosport and Sky Sports News

Arsenal, Chelsea, Liverpool and holders Manchester United will find out their Champions League quarter-final opponents on Friday.

Barcelona, Bayern Munich, Porto and Villarreal are the other teams in the draw, which will also decide the line-ups for the semi-finals.

The English teams are not protected from meeting each other as has been the case in previous rounds.

The first legs will be on 7 and 8 April and the return legs on 14 and 15 April.

The draw will be held in Nyon, Switzerland and includes four English teams for the second successive year.

United beat Chelsea on penalties last year and disposed of Inter Milan in the last round.

They also beat Bayern Munich in the 1999 final and winger Cristiano Ronaldo is wary of being paired against the German team, who beat Sporting Lisbon 12-1 on aggregate in the last 16 round.

"Bayern Munich are very strong," said Ronaldo. "I watched them play against my old team, Sporting Lisbon, and I was very sad because I didn't expect Sporting to lose so heavily.

"But this can happen in football. Bayern are very good. They have mature players, strong players and quick players. Franck Ribery and Miroslav Klose are very impressive.

"Bayern play like a team and they look very difficult to beat."

If Bayern were drawn against Liverpool it would pit their manager Jurgen Klinsmann against Rafael Benitez, who signed a new five-year deal with the Reds on Wednesday.

Klinsmann, who led Germany to the semi-finals of the 2006 World Cup, was sounded out as a possible successor to Benitez in November 2007.

Liverpool humbled Real Madrid 5-0 on aggregate in the previous round and currently top Uefa's rankings, which is based on results over the past five years, as the top team in Europe.

And Football legend Johan Cruyff, who guided Barcelona to European Cup success in 1992, believes that Liverpool, who won the competition in 2005, are the team to be avoided.

Reds skipper Steven Gerrard, who is the joint-top scorer on seven goals with Miroslav Klose in this year's campaign, said: "We're not running scared of anyone. We'll take who we get and believe that we're going to go through.

"If we could hand-pick an opponent then maybe we'd want someone like Villarreal or Porto but at this stage of the competition there are no easy games. It might be a cliche, but it's true.

"Everyone who's got to this stage of the competition has done well. They'll all believe in themselves.

"But we've shown - the players, the manager and the fans - that we're a force to be reckoned with when we pull it all together.

"So we'll sit down on Friday and see who we get and take it from there."

Manchester United could be handed an early opportunity to avenge Liverpool's 4-1 win at Old Trafford if the clubs are drawn together.

And United's Wayne Rooney, a boyhood Everton fan, would welcome the chance to face their fierce rivals again.

He said: "We know Liverpool always play well in Europe. It would be a couple of exciting games — but we'd take it."

Barcelona, who won the competition in 2006, currently top the Spanish League and coach Pep Guardiola says he would have no qualms about challenging the domination of the English contingent.

"If you want to win the Champions League you have to play with the best in Europe. So we'll take the challenge," said Guardiola, who was part of Barcelona's 1992 European Cup-winning side.

"It would be nice to taste success against one of the English clubs. If we have to play one of them, it will definitely be a good match."

He added: "It will be difficult for us but they have to come here to play, so I'm sure it will be difficult for them too.

"Whoever our opponents are, we will study them closely and try to pinpoint their weaknesses."

Spanish club Villarreal overcame Panathinaikos to reach the quarter-finals, but are still haunted by their exit to Arsenal in the semi-final stage of the tournament in 2006.

"In our last campaign we didn't deserve to go out as semi-finalists," said coach Manuel Pellegrini. "We should have been in the final.

"That is in the past, though. We now have to focus on our next opponents and try to beat them."

If Liverpool's second leg is scheduled for 15 April they are unlikely to be made to play on that date by Uefa as it is the 20th anniversary of the Hillsborough tragedy.

Den21vsBal19
03-20-2009, 06:40 AM
1) Villarreal v Arsenal
2) Manchester United v FC Porto
3) Liverpool v Chelsea :doh:
4) Barcelona v Bayern Munich

Ties to be played on 7/8 April and 14/15 April

Semi finals winners of QF1 vs QF2, QF3 vs QF4

Jaws
03-20-2009, 07:12 AM
A case of "We'll meet again!" eh!
Down with Chavski!!!

Den21vsBal19
03-20-2009, 07:20 AM
A case of "We'll meet again!" eh!
Down with Chavski!!!
Are the balls magnetic or something???????

We'll have played them 23 times in 5 years by the end of this :tsk:

Jaws
03-20-2009, 09:06 AM
Are the balls magnetic or something???????

We'll have played them 23 times in 5 years by the end of this :tsk:

Maybe they are :laugh:

Most repelsive opponents ;)

ManchesterBroncoLUHG
03-20-2009, 08:02 PM
Great draw :beer:

frenchfan
03-23-2009, 02:02 AM
1) Villarreal v Arsenal
2) Manchester United v FC Porto
3) Liverpool v Chelsea :doh:
4) Barcelona v Bayern Munich

Ties to be played on 7/8 April and 14/15 April

Semi finals winners of QF1 vs QF2, QF3 vs QF4Easiest picks for Gunners and MU....

A "Reds vs Chavs" classico :tsk: (But you weren't the unluckier English team Den... Just think about Chavs fans... They picked Liverpool :shocked: :laugh: )

A very interesting Barçŕ vs Ribéry's boys :D

At least, there won't be 4 English teams in the semi ;) :laugh:

Den21vsBal19
03-23-2009, 04:49 AM
Easiest picks for Gunners and MU....

A "Reds vs Chavs" classico :tsk: (But you weren't the unluckier English team Den... Just think about Chavs fans... They picked Liverpool :shocked: :laugh: )

A very interesting Barçŕ vs Ribéry's boys :D

At least, there won't be 4 English teams in the semi ;) :laugh:
I don't think I'd ever call Liverpool against Chelsea a classico, we're just playing them way too often for that..................just for once, I'd like to avoid the Chav$ in the draw, it's just getting too monotonous :tsk:

The biggest hurdle for Munich will be getting over the loss of Klose, you've got to fancy Barca over two legs........................

As for the other half of the draw, you can't really see past a Manure/Arsenal semi.................

Den21vsBal19
04-08-2009, 06:22 AM
Two interesting games last night, as Arsenal came from behind to snatch a potentially valuable away goal, and Utd came from behind only to concede a 2nd away goal in the dying minutes............Wenger will probably be the happier of the two managers this morning.

And onto tonight's snoozefest...................I'm getting gorram sick & tired of playing the Chav$ more in Europe than we do in the league :frusty: A repeat of either league result will do nicely ;)

frenchfan
04-08-2009, 06:59 AM
I was really surprised by Porto... They played some good football (humm... soccer)...

Gunners had a tough 1st half but they could manage the game... It could have been worse than 1-0 by halftime...
The 2nd half was better for them...

Sorry Den, but my game tonight will be Barçŕ - Bayern... Very interesting...
Anyway, I hope Reds will do it ! :salute: :beer: