PDA

View Full Version : vick is toast

Lonestar
08-27-2007, 09:32 PM
He plead guilty today and has not got religion, Is gonna rely on God to make sure he gets the proper punishment.

What a crock! The punk should do hard time for a long time for being if nothing else but stupid.

I hope he never plays in the NFL again, this is the time for Goodell to set an example. Gambling is not allowed ever in any context.

Tned
08-27-2007, 09:33 PM
He plead guilty today and has not got religion, Is gonna rely on God to make sure he gets the proper punishment.

What a crock! The punk should do hard time for a long time for being if nothing else but stupid.

I hope he never plays in the NFL again, this is the time for Goodell to set an example. Gambling is not allowed ever in any context.

It will be interesting to see if the judge follows the prosecutors guidelines, or throws the book at him.

TXBRONC
08-27-2007, 09:35 PM
It will be interesting to see if the judge follows the prosecutors guidelines, or throws the book at him.

I thought the prosecutors recommended 12-18 months/

Tned
08-27-2007, 09:36 PM
I thought the prosecutors recommended 12-18 months/

They did, but he pleaded guilty and the max is 5 years. The judge can give him the max if he wants. The judge even told him that before he pleaded guilty.

TXBRONC
08-27-2007, 09:40 PM
They did, but he pleaded guilty and the max is 5 years. The judge can give him the max if he wants. The judge even told him that before he pleaded guilty.

If the judge gives him the max he'll never play another down in the N.F.L.

Lonestar
08-27-2007, 09:48 PM

Yep I hope that judge being a DOG lover does just that. He had to know how dumb it was to do this . Thought he could skate being big time athlete.

Also
Goodell need to makes him an example. Maybe some of these other morons will wise up if they see this clown in jail and suspended for life.

Look two of my favorite words and I did not get an IP.:cool:

Tned
08-27-2007, 09:49 PM
If the judge gives him the max he'll never play another down in the N.F.L.

Yep, I agree. 12 to 18 months, he has a shot, but goodell still might not let him back in. If he gets reinstated, there will definately be a team that will take a shot.

BroncoSexyDaddy
08-28-2007, 12:23 PM
The only thing Vick is feeling bad about is his friends snitiching on him IMO

Reidman
08-28-2007, 12:55 PM
Why does him finding God have anything to do with his punishment....?

He never said he was relying on God to punish him, he said he was putting his life in God's hands which is about all he has left once he goes to prison. He screwed up big time, he lied to everybody, but he boned up to it and now will face the consequences of his actions.

I actually see him coming back from this but not nearly where he was at in the game when he left. As for his sentence, the judge will probably slap the minimum on him and then he will serve a two year suspension from the NFL.

Might see him play again in 2010...:eek:

Lonestar
08-28-2007, 01:06 PM
Why does him finding God have anything to do with his punishment....?

He never said he was relying on God to punish him, he said he was putting his life in God's hands which is about all he has left once he goes to prison. He screwed up big time, he lied to everybody, but he boned up to it and now will face the consequences of his actions.

I actually see him coming back from this but not nearly where he was at in the game when he left. As for his sentence, the judge will probably slap the minimum on him and then he will serve a two year suspension from the NFL.

Might see him play again in 2010...:eek:

Perhaps I worded it wrongly. Your correct about the God comment.

I have to wonder just how much religion he really has or if it is just word speak to impress the Judge.

Also wonder if he really gets it about being a punk, and running with his hoodies. I can understand trying to help his friends out. It was well intentioned but it would have been better served to invest the money into a legit business that could/might have actually pulled his friends out of the hood. Instead he got sucked back in.

I really wonder if he got it yet?

While he was a talented RB his QB skills sucked for the amount of money he was making. He filled the seat in the super dome or whatever it is called in ATL, but a QB he is not. I hope that Goodell keeps him out and others learn from his bad experience.

Reidman
08-28-2007, 01:19 PM

I have to wonder just how much religion he really has or if it is just word speak to impress the Judge.

Also wonder if he really gets it about being a punk, and running with his hoodies. I can understand trying to help his friends out. It was well intentioned but it would have been better served to invest the money into a legit business that could/might have actually pulled his friends out of the hood. Instead he got sucked back in.

While he was a talented RB his QB skills sucked for the amount of money he was making. He filled the seat in the super dome or whatever it is called in ATL, but a QB he is not. I hope that Goodell keeps him out and others learn from his bad experience.
Yeah I hear you on whether he actually meant any of what he said. He said he spoke from the heart but where is his heart at is the question. Like he said though, he has plenty of time to think about it....

Lonestar
08-28-2007, 01:43 PM
Yeah I hear you on whether he actually meant any of what he said. He said he spoke from the heart but where is his heart at is the question. Like he said though, he has plenty of time to think about it....

Once again I hope it is a really long time (I vote for the max 5 years) the judge gives him and even more by Goodell.

An example needs to be made here IMHO, to discourage other players from doing stupid things. If they see that even the mighty can fall they will hopefully think twice about smacking their wife, girlfriend or kids. Or doing something else stupid. they get seminars when they come into the league but they are not listening.

Hopefully they will see the folly in going back the hood when at home and getting involved.

Had vick bankrolled his friends in a legit business that could bring them out of the hood he would not have been in this situation. Educate them and they we succeed pour more money after bad and everyone loses.

BroncoSexyDaddy
08-28-2007, 05:19 PM

While he was a talented RB his QB skills sucked for the amount of money he was making. He filled the seat in the super dome or whatever it is called in ATL, but a QB he is not. I hope that Goodell keeps him out and others learn from his bad experience.Vick never got sucked in he was always there ,i also wonder how many people was killed behind Vick.I think he is fortunate that they caught him with just killing dogs.A lot of people in da hood kill a lot of people and it never get noticed.The saying is "Kill or be Killed",you have to prove yourself sooner or later if you remain there.

If you ask me Vick knows even 5 years is a light sentence, compared to what they dont know about him.He should be happy with whatever decision the judge makes,afterall he is still a rich man when he gets out.

Den21vsBal19
08-28-2007, 06:06 PM
Yep, I agree. 12 to 18 months, he has a shot, but goodell still might not let him back in. If he gets reinstated, there will definately be a team that will take a shot.

I'm not sure anyone would take a shot on him, these animal right's types can be extremely dangerous to an orginisation..................over here a lot of companies will not do business with animal testing labs for example as in extreme case the suppliers etc have been fire bombed, had staff harrassed etc..........

This story even made the main news bulletin on one of the radio networks over here :eek:

Slick
08-28-2007, 07:28 PM
Anybody see Letterman last night? Rick Reilly was on, and he said he thought Vick should be covered in cat hair, and thrown in to a pack of Dobermans. :eek:

Eye for an eye?

Lonestar
08-28-2007, 08:34 PM
Anybody see Letterman last night? Rick Reilly was on, and he said he thought Vick should be covered in cat hair, and thrown in to a pack of Dobermans. :eek:

Eye for an eye?

Great find. WOuld be to good for him IMHO:rolleyes: