PDA

View Full Version : New mobile view - http://Mobile.BroncosForums.com/forums (Beta!!)

Tned
05-02-2010, 04:40 PM
Ok, as the subject says, I am trying a mobile view. Give it a try and let me know what you think.

http://mobile.broncosforums.com/forums

The homepage (the above URL without /forums in it) displays, but very poorly, so I would suggest bookmarking the URL I listed above.

Let me know how this works.

nevcraw
05-02-2010, 05:20 PM
Test

dogfish
05-02-2010, 05:47 PM
kick-ass, T! it looks good. . . .

i've been hoping you'd make the site more mobile-friendly. . . .

Tned
05-02-2010, 05:50 PM
kick-ass, T! it looks good. . . .

i've been hoping you'd make the site more mobile-friendly. . . .

There are a lot of things it won't do, like Hi-fives, MHS, multi-quote, etc. However, for quick and dirty viewing/replying to threads, it should work fine.

dogfish
05-02-2010, 05:57 PM
There are a lot of things it won't do, like Hi-fives, MHS, multi-quote, etc. However, for quick and dirty viewing/replying to threads, it should work fine.

and that's really all i need my mobile to do. . . i'm going to do any serious posting on a computer with an actual keyboard-- but it's cool to be able to check in during the day, particularly in "high-action" periods like the beginning of free agency, the days before the draft or trade deadline, etc. . .

when cutlergate was going down, i was checking every time i stopped to get gas, lunch, any time i could. . . having a mobile-optimized site will make it so much easier. . . .

bcbronc
05-02-2010, 06:01 PM
awesome! haven't checked it out on my phone yet, but I've been hoping you'd do something like this.

NightTrainLayne
05-02-2010, 07:10 PM
I'm going to have to give this a try in a bit. Thanks T!

Tned
05-02-2010, 07:13 PM
I'm going to have to give this a try in a bit. Thanks T!

No mod functions other than delete/edit, but for general browsing it's pretty good. Just have to switch back to the regular site for any mod stuff.

LordTrychon
05-02-2010, 07:25 PM
No mod functions other than delete/edit, but for general browsing it's pretty good. Just have to switch back to the regular site for any mod stuff.

At least you should be able to get to the reports in case of an emergency. That is value in itself.

KyleOrtonArmySoldier#128
05-02-2010, 07:32 PM
I don't like mobile phones that do anything other than call. Especially texting.

LordTrychon
05-02-2010, 07:43 PM
EDITED QUOTE MESSAGE AS IT HAS BEEN DELETED.
Mobile Post via Mobile.BroncosForums.com/forums

Apparently you can even control who can see them! Cool!

j/k.

;)

Az Snake
05-02-2010, 08:22 PM
Apparently you can even control who can see them! Cool!

j/k.

;)
Yay! I'm in! Hey Trychon!!! Hardest part was finding the log-in lol !

LordTrychon
05-02-2010, 08:25 PM

:party: Welcome to the Party, AZ! :party:

Tned
05-02-2010, 08:29 PM

I used to use the worker friendly on the phone, but this is going to be much better.

CoachChaz
05-03-2010, 12:36 PM
using it from my phone right now. so much easier than browsing the full site on it

broncofaninfla
05-03-2010, 12:53 PM
I'm on it now, looks good!

CoachChaz
05-03-2010, 07:27 PM
one problem i've experience...i always have to hit refresh every time i log in or go to a page. all it shows is the posts that were there the last time i was on

Tned
05-03-2010, 07:35 PM
one problem i've experience...i always have to hit refresh every time i log in or go to a page. all it shows is the posts that were there the last time i was on

I'll play around with it and post a question to the developer that created the mobile style.

bcbronc
05-03-2010, 10:58 PM
one question...on a hockey site I go to, when I visit on my mobile I have the mobile skin, but when I visit from a computer I don't have to change anything and I get the full site. here I log on with my laptop and it is the mobile skin. Any way to change that?

Tned
05-03-2010, 11:12 PM
one question...on a hockey site I go to, when I visit on my mobile I have the mobile skin, but when I visit from a computer I don't have to change anything and I get the full site. here I log on with my laptop and it is the mobile skin. Any way to change that?

I didn't want to go the route of auto switching, because some people prefer to go to the main site, even on their mobile.

So, I have it setup so that if you go to mobile.broncosforums.com you will see the mobile site, and if you go to www.broncosforums.com you will see the regular site.

BroncoJoe
05-04-2010, 08:06 AM
awesomeness.

BroncoJoe
05-04-2010, 08:15 AM
I'll be using this quite a bit at work (no access). Thanks T-Ned!

Tned
05-04-2010, 08:50 AM

Thanks for you for giving me a kick in the butt and see if there was a viable mobile solution. I hadn't checked in a while. :salute:

dogfish
05-04-2010, 10:11 AM

oh, great!

T, is it too late to pull the plug on this?

:welcome:

Tned
05-04-2010, 09:05 PM
Ok, I think I have "new posts" so it doesn't show the tweets and news feed anymore. I assume most of you prefer to not see those when you click "new posts" on the mobile site. Correct?

Lonestar
05-04-2010, 10:14 PM
Ok, I think I have "new posts" so it doesn't show the tweets and news feed anymore. I assume most of you prefer to not see those when you click "new posts" on the mobile site. Correct?

Tweets for sure Have not noticed the new feeds all that much.

For that a matter you can dump the tweet all together if you want my opine.

thanks for giving us other options.

IT seems to load much faster than the other sight on my BB so the more I see the better. Still trying to figure out how many posts are in a thread not sure if that can be included as well as the post number. Helps me to know where I am in a thread. :salute:

Tned
05-04-2010, 10:22 PM
Tweets for sure Have not noticed the new feeds all that much.

For that a matter you can dump the tweet all together if you want my opine.

thanks for giving us other options.

IT seems to load much faster than the other sight on my BB so the more I see the better. Still trying to figure out how many posts are in a thread not sure if that can be included as well as the post number. Helps me to know where I am in a thread. :salute:

Tweets and news forums get quite a few views, so see no reason to cancel them all together, just remove them from the new posts/todays posts searches.

As to the other, for the most part what you see is what you get. This mobile style was created by someone else. I might be able to make small tweaks here and there, but I haven't had the time to dig into really learning how to make normal vB styles, and doubt the mobile will be any easier to jump into.

Lonestar
05-05-2010, 02:00 PM
Tweets and news forums get quite a few views, so see no reason to cancel them all together, just remove them from the new posts/todays posts searches.

As to the other, for the most part what you see is what you get. This mobile style was created by someone else. I might be able to make small tweaks here and there, but I haven't had the time to dig into really learning how to make normal vB styles, and doubt the mobile will be any easier to jump into.

Have been using it when away from the desk top.

I love the fast loads, I did seem to find total post count in the threads.

But do not see the post number. that would be nice, as well as knowing what the new post is in which area, PR and BT etc . Most of the time one can tell from the thread title but clicked on one today which was about chewing tobacco , initially thought it was about a new type of play.

some problems I have had I made a post and when it displayed I noticed some misspelling and went into edit it the ONLY thing I saw was the first line in the post the rest was blank.

the other is that my User CP does not refresh but once a day or so.

Tned-Mobile
05-05-2010, 08:22 PM
Ok, testing to see if a change I made includes signature when posting via mobile site.

Tned-Mobile
05-05-2010, 08:24 PM
Ok, another try

Tned-Mobile
05-05-2010, 08:24 PM
Ok, another try

One more.

dogfish
05-05-2010, 08:25 PM
One more.

try again. . .

Tned
05-05-2010, 08:32 PM
One more.

Ok, I've modified a couple templates, and think I have the signatures working when posting hitting new post or quickly reply or quote, but it is still not working when adding a post using the quick reply box.

Tned-Mobile
05-05-2010, 08:34 PM
Ok, maybe I found it.

Tned
05-05-2010, 08:35 PM
I took Dog's advice and tried again....

Ok, I think signatures are working again for mobile posts.

Lonestar
07-08-2010, 07:48 PM
not sure what is going on BUT I have not been able to get on for a few hours now happen a few days ago also.

I'm alltell or version if it matters.

Tned
07-08-2010, 08:10 PM
not sure what is going on BUT I have not been able to get on for a few hours now happen a few days ago also.

I'm alltell or version if it matters.

Appears to be a problem with your carrier. BF hasn't been down. The mobile site is just a 'style' or 'skin' so if BF is up the mobile site is up.

Lonestar
07-09-2010, 01:11 AM
Everything I log on to except this site was functional. Went to several other sites to see if it was the carrier or the site and it was the site every other time when I switched around.

Workong good now as you can see but was not earlier. Next time I will try the other address not the mobile one and se if it maks a difference .

Tned
07-09-2010, 06:47 AM
Everything I log on to except this site was functional. Went to several other sites to see if it was the carrier or the site and it was the site every other time when I switched around.

Workong good now as you can see but was not earlier. Next time I will try the other address not the mobile one and se if it maks a difference .

More than likely, it's a route issue. When you are having trouble getting on, there is likely a problem between wherever Verizon's phones get on the Internet and BF.

Lonestar
07-09-2010, 10:13 AM
More than likely, it's a route issue. When you are having trouble getting on, there is likely a problem between wherever Verizon's phones get on the Internet and BF.

Yet I was able to get on the old way via the forum I used to use. When I got on, I went back to the mobile bookmark it was a no go.

Everyother site I normally have gone to was OK except the mobile URL.

Tned
07-09-2010, 11:36 AM
Yet I was able to get on the old way via the forum I used to use. When I got on, I went back to the mobile bookmark it was a no go.

Everyother site I normally have gone to was OK except the mobile URL.

You aren't providing much info for me to trouble shoot. What exactly does "I can't get on" mean? Are you getting an error message?

Are you saying that during one of the times you couldn't connect to mobile.broncosforums.com from you Blackberry, you were able to connect broncosforums.com (without the mobile)?

I realize you first assume anything I type is a lie, but the fact is that there is no separate mobile site, it is simply a vBulleting style. Just like we have the main blue and orange style and the worker friendly style. If the server is down, or there is an internet problem, neither the worker friendly or main style will work. It's not possible for one to work and one not.

Unless there is something very strange going on, the same is true of the mobile. It is not possible to have the Orange and Blue, and worker friendly styles working, but the "mobile" style be down.

As to all the other sites, they don't matter, because if there is a problem between Verizon and where the BF server is, then you could hit 100 other sites just fine, and it would only be sites in the same geographic location as the BF server that would be a problem.

The only other thing I can think of is that your bookmark is somehow bad (but without knowing what error message you are getting, I can't even determine that).

Next time the bookmark fails, try typing it manually. I really don't know what else to suggest, because the sites are not separated, so it's not possible for one to be down and the other up, or for your phone's IP to be blocked in one, and up in the other.

The only other possible think I can think of, and again without anything more than "I can't get on", I am just shooting the gammut on ideas, is that there could be a problem with Verizon's nameservers,and for whatever reason, mobile.broncosforums.com isn't always resolving properly (it would help a lot to know exactly what you are seeing). To rule that out, you could bookmark the link below. HOWEVER, BE WARNED that if you go to the mobile site this way, it will change your account preferences to the mobile site and not let you switch back without going to the second link below I have listed. I suggest only using this to trouble shoot.

To forced the standard BF into the mobile theme via BroncosForums.com (not mobile.broncosforums.com):

http://www.broncosforums.com/forums/?styleid=11

To force it back to the standard Blue and Orange:

http://www.broncosforums.com/forums/?styleid=1

Lonestar
07-09-2010, 12:09 PM
I stopped reading when you accused me of thinking you were lying.

Never mind it seems you do not want to know that I had a problem. That it may be affecting others also. Say la vie.

Tned
07-09-2010, 12:14 PM
I stopped reading when you accused me of thinking you were lying.

Never mind it seems you do not want to know that I had a problem. That it may be affecting others also. Say la vie.

Unfortunately, you have been accusing me of lying in multiple threads and being out to get you. I'm trying to assure you that you are not being picked on by the mobile site. Despite the fact you have been trashing me and lying about me (claiming I ban people I don't like/agree with and such, which as a former, long time mod you know is categorically false), I am doing my best to help you with your problem, but I NEED help from you to trouble shoot it.

If you chose not to read past that, it's a shame, because it means I wasted 10 minutes typing out a long response to help you trouble shoot.

You are not providing me with any information other than "I can''t get on", but even with that, I have taken the time to try and detail out what could be happening, and how to test some stuff.

The mobile site works fine for me, so unless someone else has a problem and wants to actually give detailed information that can be troubleshot, I guess we'll go with your say la vie approach.

rcsodak
08-17-2010, 10:58 AM
i like but it could use a 'refresh' button, especially in a busy thread. Plus, a button taking you to your last read post. And no hi5's? Otherwise, WAY easier/quicker to traverse.
ps. Had 1 thread where i tried to reply in, but instead of putting the cursor at the end of the quoted post, it was INSIDE it and i wasnt able to move out of there. It was the original post on getting clemons as qb.

dogfish
08-17-2010, 01:00 PM
i like but it could use a 'refresh' button, especially in a busy thread. Plus, a button taking you to your last read post. And no hi5's? Otherwise, WAY easier/quicker to traverse.
ps. Had 1 thread where i tried to reply in, but instead of putting the cursor at the end of the quoted post, it was INSIDE it and i wasnt able to move out of there. It was the original post on getting clemons as qb.

and the moral of the story is: "don't quote that guy". . .

once is enough-- his monstrosities don't need to be re-posted. . . kills bandwidth and creates tons of unnecessary scrolling. . .

:salute:

Lonestar
08-17-2010, 03:50 PM
about 11Am kept getting unable to connect. on the mobile.

also about a third of the time when quoting someone when I begin typing I only see the first line and then nothing after ward I'm typing in the blind, when I post it the post is there but unable to edit from that site. only see the first line.

rcsodak
08-21-2010, 12:37 PM
about 11Am kept getting unable to connect. on the mobile.

also about a third of the time when quoting someone when I begin typing I only see the first line and then nothing after ward I'm typing in the blind, when I post it the post is there but unable to edit from that site. only see the first line.

Definitely needs some tweeking....

Tned-Mobile
08-21-2010, 02:51 PM
As discussed before, there is no way for the mobile to be down and the regular site up. It is simply a vBulletin theme, like the worker friendly theme, but optimized for mobile phones.

BroncoDiva87
09-19-2010, 03:45 PM
ok... I tried it.. and i can log in, It says "thank you for Logging in Broncodiva87 then it logs me out & dumps me back to the Sign in page..:confused:

Tned
09-19-2010, 04:17 PM
ok... I tried it.. and i can log in, It says "thank you for Logging in Broncodiva87 then it logs me out & dumps me back to the Sign in page..:confused:

I've not heard of that on the mobile site, but on the main site when that happens it's typically because your browswer is set to not allow cookies. What type of phone are you trying to access it on?

BroncoDiva87
09-19-2010, 07:48 PM
I've not heard of that on the mobile site, but on the main site when that happens it's typically because your browswer is set to not allow cookies. What type of phone are you trying to access it on?

Motorola Droid.

I accessed it with the m.broncosforums.com address not the Main site
I have the main site Bookmarked on my phone.

Tned
12-11-2010, 04:32 PM
Anyone having problems getting error messages accessing BF via http://mobile.broncosforums.com/forums ?

I've had one person complain about getting errors, but I haven't been able to reproduce it.

Rick
12-11-2010, 05:26 PM
Working just fine on blackberry.

Lonestar
12-11-2010, 06:47 PM
Working just fine on blackberry.

that is what I'm having problems with, the blackberry which version are you using.

Rick
12-11-2010, 10:06 PM
Curve 8530

Tned
12-11-2010, 11:12 PM
that is what I'm having problems with, the blackberry which version are you using.

I have not been able to reproduce your error, even though I have tried multiple times since you emailed me, which is why I posted this to see if anyone else is having problems.

As I was not able to reproduce it, I tried googling the error you sent me, figuring it was most likely a Blackberry issue, and nothing to do with with BF, but I still wanted to help you get it solved.

You might try the suggestions in this thread: http://forums.crackberry.com/f52/http-error-400-bad-request-50484/

If that doesn't solve it, if you google: 'HTTP Error 400: bad request' blackberry, you will find a ton of results discussing this very common Blackberry problem.

Rick
12-11-2010, 11:16 PM
Are you using the blackberry browser then? I don't use that I use firefox so maybe that's it.

UrbanBounca
12-12-2010, 01:57 AM
It's working fine on my Droid 2, also.

Tned
12-12-2010, 02:00 AM
I haven't had any problem on my Tilt II both using pocket IE and Opera.

Lonestar
12-12-2010, 02:24 AM
Are you using the blackberry browser then? I don't use that I use firefox so maybe that's it.

I am using the BB browser. I'll give BB a call and see if they can give me an update or tip I'm unable to find elsewhere.

I have no problems on other sites, but this one.

Not sure I want to load my memory down with more browsers.

I just tried getting on one of their forums but they are down for maintenance.

Thanks for trying.

Tned
12-12-2010, 02:31 AM
I am using the BB browser. I'll give BB a call and see if they can give me an update or tip I'm unable to find elsewhere.

I have no problems on other sites, but this one.

Not sure I want to load my memory down with more browsers.

I just tried getting on one of their forums but they are down for maintenance.

Thanks for trying.

Did you even visit the link that I posted or you? I took the time to research your problem, so that all you have to do is click the link and try the setting change. Quite a bit of time on my part (during my research of your problem I found that they say 95% of the time the problem is on the client side), but only 30 seconds on yours, and your problem might be solved.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f52/http-error-400-bad-request-50484/

To further attempt to help you out, here is the summary. There is apparently a bug in the BB browser, and if you do the following, there is a good chance that will fix your problem.

Change the browser settings to "Internet Browser". For quick reference - go to Options > Advanced Options > Browser.

Lonestar
12-12-2010, 02:38 AM
Did you even visit the link that I posted or you? I took the time to research your problem, so that all you have to do is click the link and try the setting change. Quite a bit of time on my part (during my research of your problem I found that they say 95% of the time the problem is on the client side), but only 30 seconds on yours, and your problem might be solved.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f52/http-error-400-bad-request-50484/

To further attempt to help you out, here is the summary. There is apparently a bug in the BB browser, and if you do the following, there is a good chance that will fix your problem.

as I said thanks for your time and help

I am already in that configuration

so I will call tomorrow for help from there side.

but I suspect they are going to tell me since this is the only site I'm having problems with, it is a BF issue.

will let you know when id get through to them.

thanks again for your time and effort...

Tned
12-12-2010, 02:45 AM
as I said thanks for your time and help

I am already in that configuration

so I will call tomorrow for help from there side.

but I suspect they are going to tell me since this is the only site I'm having problems with, it is a BF issue.

will let you know when id get through to them.

thanks again for your time and effort...

Actually, you didn't acknowledge my post or the information I posted in ANY way, you said thanks to Rick, which when combined with your PM's to me, left me totally clueless as to whether you even tried the fix or were just happy to have something else to rag on BF about.

Anyway, good luck sorting it out, but as long as your Blackberry is the only device that has a problem with BF, then there is really nothing else I can do to help. I have spent hours trying replicate it on two browsers on my tilt, my wife's Iphone, and hitting the mobile style on a PC (in IE and Firefox) and have yet to get a single error. At one point I checked the calendar to make sure this wasn't April 1st and I was getting punked.

Hope you get it figured out.

Lonestar
12-12-2010, 02:49 AM
FWIW it is till an issue on mobile site but if I go to the normal site it works fine just takes for ever to load. so whatever the differnce in formats are the mobile site does not work while every other site I go to does.without any hitches.

anyway going to bed.

Tned
12-12-2010, 02:54 AM
FWIW it is till an issue on mobile site but if I go to the normal site it works fine just takes for ever to load.

anyway going to bed.

I've mentioned this before, but the mobile site is just a different style, like the worker friendly is another style. I have no idea why your phone would have a problem with the mobile style. Have you tried going there from your computer? do you have a problem with that?

Also, for a mobile phone, the worker friendly site loads faster than the orange/blue site.

Lonestar
12-12-2010, 02:55 AM
Actually, you didn't acknowledge my post or the information I posted in ANY way, you said thanks to Rick, which when combined with your PM's to me, left me totally clueless as to whether you even tried the fix or were just happy to have something else to rag on BF about.

Anyway, good luck sorting it out, but as long as your Blackberry is the only device that has a problem with BF, then there is really nothing else I can do to help. I have spent hours trying replicate it on two browsers on my tilt, my wife's Iphone, and hitting the mobile style on a PC (in IE and Firefox) and have yet to get a single error. At one point I checked the calendar to make sure this wasn't April 1st and I was getting punked.

Hope you get it figured out.

unbecoming of you to bring either the PMs or aprils fools up sorry I bothered you. Thought that perhaps someone else might have been having a problem.

I have a solution I was hoping not to have to use and will probably exercise it.

Tned
12-12-2010, 09:38 AM
unbecoming of you to bring either the PMs or aprils fools up sorry I bothered you. Thought that perhaps someone else might have been having a problem.

I have a solution I was hoping not to have to use and will probably exercise it.

Who are you Wikileaks? You have another "solution" :queominousmusic:

As to PMs, get a grip. I didn't "bring in PMs", beyond saying that it was in NO way clear you read and tried the solution I researched for you, because you failed to even acknowledge it.

Sometimes I really wonder why I keep reaching out to you, keep trying to help you. You're welcome.

BroncoJoe
12-12-2010, 09:54 AM
Wow.

FWIW, my Blackberry works just fine on the mobile site.

Slick
04-12-2011, 03:39 PM
Testing mexican blackberry

Slick
04-12-2011, 03:40 PM
Now I need a pair of reading glasses.

Tned
04-12-2011, 03:53 PM
Now I need a pair of reading glasses.

lol, yea, not exactly like using a PC.

Slick
04-12-2011, 03:56 PM
My accountant was getting pissed at me for answering emails once a week so I broke down and got a blackberry.

Used the mobile site a little today. Works good for me Tned. Thanks!

Tned
04-12-2011, 04:04 PM
My accountant was getting pissed at me for answering emails once a week so I broke down and got a blackberry.

Used the mobile site a little today. Works good for me Tned. Thanks!

When I get us upgraded to vB 4.x.x, I will be buying the mobile suite which will have dedicated Iphone and Android apps, but also a better mobile site for the rest of the mobile phones. I don't think that will be until after the draft.

dogfish
04-12-2011, 04:52 PM

is that shit wataproof, yo?!!

Slick
04-12-2011, 05:06 PM
is that shit wataproof, yo?!!

LOL, no. If I weren't running this dive shop I'd have stuck with my 3 year old Nokia. I moved to the Caribbean to unplug from the grid, not be a mindless zombie mashing buttons on a smart phone while I sip 6 dollar lattes at a coffee shop.

:bandit:

dogfish
04-12-2011, 05:31 PM
LOL, no. If I weren't running this dive shop I'd have stuck with my 3 year old Nokia. I moved to the Caribbean to unplug from the grid, not be a mindless zombie mashing buttons on a smart phone while I sip 6 dollar lattes at a coffee shop.

:bandit:

i'm picturing you texting while a shark swims up and chews on your leg. . .

Shazam!
05-07-2011, 02:39 PM
Thank goodness for this!

Unfortunately, I haven't been able to sto by as often as I used to because of work.

Today I remembered this!

Great way to help kill the day!

Thanks TN!

Tned
05-08-2011, 05:52 AM
Thank goodness for this!

Unfortunately, I haven't been able to sto by as often as I used to because of work.

Today I remembered this!

Great way to help kill the day!

Thanks TN!

and we also have a new Android app that you can get from the Android Market place. Hopefully, in a few weeks I'll be able to get the Iphone app up in the Iphone app store.