PDA

View Full Version : A gift to Decker.

Spiritguy
05-02-2010, 01:02 PM
Now that's a classy act by Ed.

Ed McCaffrey was touched. Decker tweeted last week he was taking No. 87 in part to pay homage to the former Broncos receiver: "Ed McCaffrey wore the number loud and proud and I feel the obligation to do the same!"

This weekend, McCaffrey delivered an autograph and jersey to Decker with a note of thanks and encouragement.

link (http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_15000235?source=rss&utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+dp-sports-broncos+%28Denver+Post%3A+Sports%3A+Broncos%29)

KyleOrtonArmySoldier#128
05-02-2010, 01:13 PM
...Cool.

Shazam!
05-02-2010, 01:15 PM
Eddie Mac is the man. Fast Eddie is often overlooked as a key part of the Broncos Championship teams.

SoCalImport
05-02-2010, 01:21 PM
Eddie Mac is the man. Fast Eddie is often overlooked as a key part of the Broncos Championship teams.

Not by Broncos fans. No way.

btw. Was Eddie Mac ever called "fast eddy"? I thought that was strictly for Royal who actually is fast.

Don't get me wrong. 87 had game speed, but I don't remember anyone accusing him of being fast.

Unless you were being ironic. in which case ignore me.

dogfish
05-02-2010, 01:49 PM
good to see easy ed's still a class act. . . .

i still miss seeing him on the field-- probably always will. . .

SR
05-02-2010, 01:49 PM
Eddie Mac wasn't fast, and he knew it; that's why he cut the toes of his shoes off to wear smaller, lighter shoes along with small, pop-warner sized shoulder pads. He tried to lighten up his equipment ensemble as much as he could because he knew he wasn't fast.

Ravage!!!
05-02-2010, 02:49 PM
I think "fast Eddie" was Paul Newman in the movie "The Hustler"...

"Fast Eddie Felson"...

LordTrychon
05-02-2010, 03:01 PM
Eddie Mac wasn't fast, and he knew it; that's why he cut the toes of his shoes off to wear smaller, lighter shoes along with small, pop-warner sized shoulder pads. He tried to lighten up his equipment ensemble as much as he could because he knew he wasn't fast.

As well as trimming every edge he could off the jersey, if I remember correctly.

broncobryce
05-02-2010, 04:05 PM
I always felt bad for the guy because he always got absolutely HAMMERED it seemed everytime he caught a pass. Then he would just get up like it was nothing. If Decker is half the player we got a steal for sure

drewloc
05-02-2010, 04:10 PM
I can tell you that when my buddy and I went to a game during those Super Bowl years, Eddie Mac never disappointed. Dude was fearless going over the middle, and regardless of the hits he took, he always hung onto the ball. He was a gamer pure and simple.

Lonestar
05-02-2010, 04:26 PM
Now that's a classy act by Ed.

Eddie mac was one of the all time favorite Players. Was not gifted, just determined. He "tried harder" and went about doing the job BEYOND the call of duty.

Never have I seen a guy that "took a lick and kept on ticking" like he did.

His is one of jerseys I have never worn.

dogfish
05-02-2010, 04:33 PM
Eddie mac was one of the all time favorite Players. Was not gifted, just determined. He "tried harder" and went about doing the job BEYOND the call of duty.

Never have I seen a guy that "took a lick and kept on ticking" like he did.

His is one of jerseys I have never worn.

he's one of my all-time faves as well. . . guy was the definition of tough and reliable, and one of the best blocking receivers to ever play the game. . .

Nomad
05-02-2010, 04:34 PM
Decker should be honored to wear that number and will be lucky if he can match the intensity Ed gave! Watching players come and go since the late 80s, McCaffery was my favorite. His jersey is the one and only BRONCOS I'll ever own.

SoCalImport
05-02-2010, 04:42 PM
I can tell you that when my buddy and I went to a game during those Super Bowl years, Eddie Mac never disappointed. Dude was fearless going over the middle, and regardless of the hits he took, he always hung onto the ball. He was a gamer pure and simple.

Even on that nightmare play when his leg snapped, Eddy Mac held onto the ball.
Great, Great Player.

jhildebrand
05-02-2010, 04:44 PM
Class act by Eddie Mac! No surprise whatsoever.

Man I would love to see Decker and Mac form a close bond and work together. I think there is a ton that Decker could learn from him and it would only serve to benefit the Broncos for years to come!

dogfish
05-02-2010, 05:34 PM
Great, Great Player.

yep. . . that was textbook ed. . .

broncophan
05-02-2010, 05:39 PM
Great, Great Player.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RkZKGhDfFPQ

Eddie Mac breaks his leg....

Lonestar
05-02-2010, 05:42 PM
Great, Great Player.

the night before 9/11 will never forget either.

SoCalImport
05-02-2010, 06:17 PM

Holy crap. it was! it's so wierd that I had neglected to remember that. the date I mean..strange the way memories work sometimes.

Lonestar
05-02-2010, 06:26 PM
Holy crap. it was! it's so wierd that I had neglected to remember that. the date I mean..strange the way memories work sometimes.

I vividly recall it as th next day I took mt wife to the doctor and was thinking aboit Ed,in the hospital when walked thru the door and saw the second plane hit the towers.
Mobile Post via Mobile.BroncosForums.com/forums

tomjonesrocks
05-03-2010, 12:20 AM

Wow. Also had not recalled that...

Ed sells "not official Broncos logo" (but supposedly fully stitched) jerseys on his website personally inscribed for less than you can get a custom authentic for. Have always wondered about those and found them tempting. My McCaffrey jersey isn't in such great quality--wouldn't mind a new one.

http://www.edmccaffrey.com/sa/cart/detail.asp?pg={E22A8692-C4A9-4936-B39F-D28E3557E753}

CoachChaz
05-03-2010, 12:37 PM
Just too bad that Eddie is endorsing a walking IR machine