PDA

View Full Version : Broncos Promote Goodman; Hire Xanders

Lonestar
05-06-2008, 03:13 PM
ENGLEWOOD, Colo. -- The Broncos on Tuesday announced several appointments to their Football Operations Department, including the naming of Jim Goodman as Vice President of Football Operations / Player Personnel and the hiring of Brian Xanders as Assistant General Manager.

Goodman served as the Broncos' Director of Player Personnel for the previous two years and has worked in the club's personnel department for the last 10 seasons. He will oversee the day-to-day football operations of the organization and will continue to manage the Broncos' overall scouting process. Goodman also coordinates the Broncos' draft preparations and is involved in the evaluation and acquisition of both pro and college players.
Xanders joins the Broncos after spending the last 14 seasons with Atlanta, where he served as the Falcons' Director of Football Administration / Player Personnel Analyst during the 2007 season. A former linebacker at Florida State University who owns a master's degree in business administration from the school, Xanders is responsible for long and short-term strategic planning of the Broncos' salary cap along with assisting in overall personnel department matters.

He will work directly with Broncos Assistant General Manager Jeff Goodman, who oversees pro personnel and handles contract negotiations along with roster management for the club.

The Broncos also on Tuesday named Anthony Kelly as Assistant Coordinator of Pro and College Scouting. Kelly begins his second season with the Broncos' personnel department and spent last year as a college scout evaluating the Northeast region for the franchise.

http://www.denverbroncos.com/page.php?id=334&storyID=8002

I thought mikey was VP Operations..
Does anyone see mikey giving up this authority to him?

Scarface
05-06-2008, 03:19 PM
I thought mikey was VP Operations..
Does anyone see mikey giving up this authority to him?

Mike is Executive VP of Football Operations. He's still in complete control.

Lonestar
05-06-2008, 03:28 PM
Mike is Executive VP of Football Operations. He's still in complete control.

Thanks in all my glee I missed that Executive..

Guess it was to much to hope..

Thought Pat was doing an end round..

dogfish
05-06-2008, 04:01 PM
goodman, goodman and xanders. . .

triangle of authority, or modern day three stooges?

Brand
05-06-2008, 04:44 PM
Seems like they have experience in the right places, and I would gather that they will have enough authority to get done what needs to get done. I look forward to several more years of good drafting. And despite the naysayers hereon and elsewhere, I think this last was a pretty good draft........

JoeF
05-06-2008, 05:58 PM
Wonder if Xanders provided consultation at all on this draft for M.S. & the G-men.