PDA

View Full Version : Ready to be convinced!

OldschoolFreak
04-30-2010, 05:32 PM
I was as much a naysayer as anyone. Tebow was perhaps my least favorite player in the whole draft (literally) and I about threw up when the cameras cut to his family with Broncos hats. But I begrudgingly admitted that fighting the reality of it would not do any good and so I'm finally 100% on board with this move. Would I have made that decision? Hell no. But now that it's done and he's a Bronco I'm his biggest fan and hoping he proves the world wrong.

I've watched and read a lot since the draft and have to admit that not only am I now excited to see what happens with this, I also must have accidentally chugged the cool aid or something because I think this could just work. I'm really excited here. Not only could it end up being ok for the franchise, it could be the shot in the arm we really needed.

So with that, here's to hoping that in the next few years the national punditry eats the biggest meal of crow ever served when Tebow not only becomes a serviceable NFL starter but blossoms into one of the greats and brings Lombardi back to Denver. Let's hope the move Prisco and many others called the single worst move of the entire draft proves to be the best of all of them.

Cheers to the future all; I hope it's as bright as it has the potential to be. :beer:

KyleOrtonArmySoldier#128
04-30-2010, 05:34 PM
I did the same exact 180 degree turn as you, welcome to the tewagon!!!!

GGMoogly
04-30-2010, 05:39 PM
We'll all be laughing this season when we're playing in the NFL TEBOWL! er, SUPERBOWL! :whoo:

broncobryce
04-30-2010, 05:44 PM
I was as much a naysayer as anyone. Tebow was perhaps my least favorite player in the whole draft (literally) and I about threw up when the cameras cut to his family with Broncos hats. But I begrudgingly admitted that fighting the reality of it would not do any good and so I'm finally 100% on board with this move. Would I have made that decision? Hell no. But now that it's done and he's a Bronco I'm his biggest fan and hoping he proves the world wrong.

I've watched and read a lot since the draft and have to admit that not only am I now excited to see what happens with this, I also must have accidentally chugged the cool aid or something because I think this could just work. I'm really excited here. Not only could it end up being ok for the franchise, it could be the shot in the arm we really needed.

So with that, here's to hoping that in the next few years the national punditry eats the biggest meal of crow ever served when Tebow not only becomes a serviceable NFL starter but blossoms into one of the greats and brings Lombardi back to Denver. Let's hope the move Prisco and many others called the single worst move of the entire draft proves to be the best of all of them.

Cheers to the future all; I hope it's as bright as it has the potential to be. :beer:

I doubt your his biggest fan, but I'm with ya! He's sold tons of jerseys already.

OldschoolFreak
04-30-2010, 05:50 PM
I doubt your his biggest fan, but I'm with ya! He's sold tons of jerseys already.

Sure, point taken, figure of speech.

And truth be told, there's still some personal ground that needs to be made up. The reason I disliked him SOOOOOO much at FLA was his cockiness and in-your-face religiousness. The latter might always be somewhat of a problem for me though my sense is he has the good sense to turn it down a bit in the pros.

Now the other thing--what always seemed like cockiness to me before--I'm already getting over. Rather than cockiness it now just seems like an absolute commitment to winning--something that's easy to begrudge when you're cheering his opponent but seems likely to actually be infectious when he's on your team. He seems like a good guy, seems psyched to be a Bronco, and looks like he's humble and thankful for the chance he's been given.

So, even on the personal level, I'm coming around.

cuzz4169
05-01-2010, 02:42 AM
Tim Tebow will go down as one of the greatest NFL players in history!!! mock me all you want but wait and see. I have watched him for 4 years as a gators fan and the kid is just magical. you know how you always knew Jordan was gonna hit the big shot? Well thats how Tebow was and will be you always knew he was gonna convert the big play when needed. People say he doesnt read a defense....I say do you know the gators play book to say that? Well his accuracy sucks. Tebow completed almost 67% CAREER as a passer in the sec. Only legit knock on Tebow is his mechanics and that is nothing to fix. Good coaching can change that. I think we got a steal of the draft. you guys will love his fire and passion trust me first time he gets a third and short and gets up with a chunk of grass in his facemask you will fall in love.

WARHORSE
05-01-2010, 04:04 AM
Well, if nothing else......at least we didnt draft Jamarcus.:coffee:

TXBRONC
05-01-2010, 09:58 AM
Tim Tebow will go down as one of the greatest NFL players in history!!! mock me all you want but wait and see. I have watched him for 4 years as a gators fan and the kid is just magical. you know how you always knew Jordan was gonna hit the big shot? Well thats how Tebow was and will be you always knew he was gonna convert the big play when needed. People say he doesnt read a defense....I say do you know the gators play book to say that? Well his accuracy sucks. Tebow completed almost 67% CAREER as a passer in the sec. Only legit knock on Tebow is his mechanics and that is nothing to fix. Good coaching can change that. I think we got a steal of the draft. you guys will love his fire and passion trust me first time he gets a third and short and gets up with a chunk of grass in his facemask you will fall in love.

I'm hopeful but I'm not going count my chicks before the eggs have hatched. I don't deny the SEC arguably the most competitive conference in college football. However, it's still college football and Tebow did have elite talent around him his entire college career. As far reading defense's if he can great, if he can't he can be taught if has the acumen. We shall find out soon enough. His career completion percentage like any quarterback is benefited by having great receivers and a system that worked for him. That's not a criticism.

I don't need see him get up off the turf with grass in his face mask to appreciate his toughness. I ready do. He's big sturdy quarterback but will still need learn how to slide when the situation calls for it. All that being said I want him to succeed because he is a Denver Bronco first and foremost, and if he succeed that usually means the team succeeds.

nevcraw
05-01-2010, 10:06 AM
I did the same exact 180 degree turn as you, welcome to the tewagon!!!!

that's the tebagon to you!! :laugh:

pronounced - teabaggin'

silkamilkamonico
05-01-2010, 12:41 PM
I will be a naysayer until proves me wrong on the field. At that point I will be happy to be wrong.

GGMoogly
05-01-2010, 02:26 PM
I will be a naysayer until proves me wrong on the field. At that point I will be happy to be wrong.

It's WAY more fun to be a Yaysayer! C'mon, drink the kool-aid. It's YUMMY!!!! :dur:

broncobryce
05-01-2010, 02:29 PM
This guy is Hillis, but as a QB.

broncophan
05-01-2010, 03:30 PM
Well.....we drafted a winner that is for sure.......much better then some loser from Vand..........oh.....never mind....

BigBroncLove
05-01-2010, 04:07 PM
I'm hopeful but I'm not going count my chicks before the eggs have hatched. I don't deny the SEC arguably the most competitive conference in college football. However, it's still college football and Tebow did have elite talent around him his entire college career. As far reading defense's if he can great, if he can't he can be taught if has the acumen. We shall find out soon enough. His career completion percentage like any quarterback is benefited by having great receivers and a system that worked for him. That's not a criticism.

I don't need see him get up off the turf with grass in his face mask to appreciate his toughness. I ready do. He's big sturdy quarterback but will still need learn how to slide when the situation calls for it. All that being said I want him to succeed because he is a Denver Bronco first and foremost, and if he succeed that usually means the team succeeds.

I agree. I have to admit on draft day I was a bit confused, wondering exactly where the draft was headed after the pick of Tebow came in. I certainly drank my beer with more gusto after the 25th pick had finished.

What made me start to re-evaluate what exactly Tebow brings to the table was his press conference. At first I cringed a lot. He recited what he said on the NFL Network word for word, then went on one of his frat boy rants that just have you shaking your heads. I was ready to turn it off when he finally started talking real football and then you get a glimpse of it. There's no doubt the kid has charisma, but he's knowledgeable, touts a tremendous work ethic, passionate, seems very decisive, with a strong head for leadership. I came away thinking if this kid is half of what he claims he has a real chance at becoming a good if not great QB.

But I'm with you and the OP. I'm slightly optimistic about Tebow but I'm not about to declare the kid the next messiah behind center. He has a long way to go, no matter how good he looks out the gates. Theres so many nuances to this game, beyond the obvious adjustments he has to make that any new QB has to deal with. I know a lot of people understand this but it seems to me that a good portion of the hoopla is a little to much hype and not enough substance for me. I really think the kid is going to get a chance to develop this year (outside of a few wildcat like packages thrown in here or there), and he'll need it IMO.

Honestly though I'm pretty tired of Tebow talk and I'm not looking forward to Tebow watch 2010 when the season begins. I'd prefer to talk football in its entirety. The saturation point on the Tebow story has already passed me by and there are a lot of great looking rookie players besides Tebow we just picked up that I'd prefer to discuss at this point.