PDA

View Full Version : Our New QB in Action...

EastCoastBronco
04-30-2010, 02:09 PM
Just saw this over at The Post and figured I'd post it. It's got video.

http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_14991886

SOCALORADO.
04-30-2010, 02:18 PM

Theres video of MCD watchig every throw while he gets coached up and theres pictures too.
If anyone can embed that stuff it would be great! I suck at it!

JDL
04-30-2010, 02:18 PM
Like I said in the other thread, not really great so far if he is cocking the ball back behind him that far. I posted a Montana highlight video there, here is a Manning video... the ball stays high, doesn't go very far back behind his head and releases up around his ear (actually a little higher with Manning.)

Lot's of work left to do... hope he has the right guys in there to teach him proper throwing mechanics...and definitely don't watch Orton, he cocks it way back when he throws and gets it swatted from behind too much.

SOCALORADO.
04-30-2010, 02:21 PM
Like I said in the other thread, not really great so far if he is cocking the ball back behind him that far. I posted a Montana highlight video there, here is a Manning video... the ball stays high, doesn't go very far back behind his head and releases up around his ear (actually a little higher with Manning.)

Lot's of work left to do... hope he has the right guys in there to teach him proper throwing mechanics...and definitely don't watch Orton, he cocks it way back when he throws and gets it swatted from behind too much.

Meh, i think hes just trying to get into the motion of how the coaches want him to throw and get used to it. He isnt throwing very hard at all. This is going to be a place that he is going to spend alot of time at.
He also looks good in the shotgun! Of course!
Shoot, they just forget about the shotgun, and keep on with the 3 and 5 step drops!

milehigh
04-30-2010, 02:24 PM
Here is his interview after his first practice.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/denver-broncos/09000d5d817e1e8a/Tebow-at-first-practice

Nomad
04-30-2010, 02:48 PM
I'm by far a QB coach but I hope the little 'drop of the hand/hesitation' doesn't come to bite him. I know blitzing from the corner that hesitation means he's giving you that one second you would need! I'm glad to see he is positive and is willing to improve! Thanks for the videos, fellas!!

rocks
04-30-2010, 02:48 PM

Watch Drew Brees throw...

Nomad
04-30-2010, 02:50 PM

If you're going to compare QBs provide videos to compare!! TIA

rocks
04-30-2010, 02:55 PM
If you're going to compare QBs provide videos to compare!! TIA

http://blog.ticketchest.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/12/indianapolis-colts-peyton-manning-new-orleans-saints-drew-brees2.jpg

Nomad
04-30-2010, 03:02 PM

here he is on sports science too!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c6EguTZFK5s

KyleOrtonArmySoldier#128
04-30-2010, 03:13 PM

I'm glad you know so much more about how to play quarterback than orton, tebow and the coaches. We get it already.

KyleOrtonArmySoldier#128
04-30-2010, 03:16 PM
Sweet he's using the revo speed helmet like stokley uses, that shit is fly.

GEM
04-30-2010, 03:17 PM
http://blog.ticketchest.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/12/indianapolis-colts-peyton-manning-new-orleans-saints-drew-brees2.jpg

If he's anything like Brees, I will love him. That is my "IT" factor guy. In the middle of the huddle nut! LOVE HIM!

silkamilkamonico
04-30-2010, 03:40 PM
I wouldn't be worried about that deep hitch and hesitation before his release at this point. IMO he's more focused on a fluid delivery that he is about an early release. Once the fluid delivery becomes automatic the coaches will work with his release on quickening it. IMO it's the progression of the mechanics of the QB, you see the same thing with pitchers in baseball. It will probably never be perfect (99% of the QB's in the NFL aren't) but I'm sure it will be better than that.

SOCALORADO.
04-30-2010, 03:50 PM
I wouldn't be worried about that deep hitch and hesitation before his release at this point. IMO he's more focused on a fluid delivery that he is about an early release. Once the fluid delivery becomes automatic the coaches will work with his release on quickening it. IMO it's the progression of the mechanics of the QB, you see the same thing with pitchers in baseball. It will probably never be perfect (99% of the QB's in the NFL aren't) but I'm sure it will be better than that.

I also think that he and the coaches are more concerned with him getting used to the 3 and 5 step drops and then the throwing motion.
He didnt take alot of snaps from center at FLA, so i think like you said its the fluid motion they want to concentrate on. He isnt throwing hard at all. But his snap from center and the motion back while scanning the field, thats what they are working on.
I have no doubt he will do this everyday, 10,000 times until hes perfected it, by camp.

rocks
04-30-2010, 03:50 PM
http://musico8.files.wordpress.com/2010/01/peyton-manning.jpg

honz
04-30-2010, 04:07 PM
His release is fine. I doubt any QB throws the same as others. Hell, I didn't hear many people complain about Cutler's less than ideal throwing motion...

TimTebow15MVP
04-30-2010, 04:08 PM

thats pure ownage. i wonder what they will say next?? brees is a SB champion and one of the elite qbs in the league with the same motion lol

KyleOrtonArmySoldier#128
04-30-2010, 04:11 PM
I think some of the people who don't like tebow just don't like him because of his celebrity - which I fully understand as I too often play the role of contrarian. Complaining about how we acquired him is pretty much useless at this point, the draft is over and what we gave up to get him was what we gained the same day.

D1g1tal j1m
04-30-2010, 04:19 PM
This will be my new signature for a while...

http://www.gifsoup.com/view/407459/tt-2010-o.gif

slim
04-30-2010, 04:49 PM

My God, what a crapping throwing motion.

D1g1tal j1m
04-30-2010, 04:56 PM
A QB's throwing motion will vary but there is a textbook style that leads to the most consistant and accurate passes. But a QB also has to have the ability to change arm angles to find the most optimum passing angles when DL throw their arms in the way of the QB's line of sight.
Looks like Tebow will make the necessary adjustments to his throwing motion while in the pocket, and I have no real worries about him passing while on the run.

SOCALORADO.
04-30-2010, 04:58 PM

"Look, he's Tim Tebow and your not, so the next time someone remarks about his "imperfect throwing motion", whatever the F*** that means, just go ahead and pour yourself and nice big glass of shut the F*** up. Tim wins period.

Join us next week as we profile interception machine Jay Cutler as he embarks on his new career as a "greeter" at Walmart!
Thanks for stopping by!

slim
04-30-2010, 05:04 PM
Tim Tebow can divide by zero.

milehigh
04-30-2010, 05:13 PM

Thank you for giving Tim Tebow more motivation. :D

slim
04-30-2010, 05:18 PM
Thank you for giving Tim Tebow more motivation. :D

Tim Tebow doesn't need motivation.

Or food.

Or sleep.

weazel
04-30-2010, 05:21 PM

what they didn't show in this video is after the camera cut off, Tebow ran down the field and caught his own pass! After stopping to pull a little girl out of a well, that is.

weazel
04-30-2010, 05:25 PM
Which QB would you rather have?

http://horsecollar.files.wordpress.com/2009/08/kyle-orton-stoned-medium.jpg
http://cdn.faniq.com/images/blog/3e36a5a0a62cc3f6b032de160d8640fc.jpg
http://www.inewscatcher.com/timages/0f12ea99656c5809e80d613b42575764.jpg

...just sayin'

Nomad
04-30-2010, 06:17 PM
:lol:Dude in the yellow shirt with Quinn looks like he shot one off!! Tebow has a good thing going for him!!damn:fisheye:! Orton is only having withdraws from Jack Daniels!:D

TimTebow15MVP
04-30-2010, 10:23 PM
i wonder if her rack is real. they look a little too stiff to not have a bra on. but shes hot

Lonestar
04-30-2010, 10:32 PM

For the first day of their offseason minicamp, the Broncos drew 32 rookie players and 47 members of the media.

Check that. There was really only one rookie that drew 47 camera toters, notebook scribblers and microphone holders.

Cue the open-top circus music. Here comes Ringmaster Fred. The Tim Tebow Watch has officially begun.

"Honestly, it's just my first day and I'm a rookie just like everybody else," Tebow said.

Sure he is. And Pikes Peak is just another hill.

At the risk of getting away, the media easily could have walked away from its 15-minute viewing period with the impression Tebow should have gone 24 spots higher in last week's NFL Draft.

The only rookie wearing an orange jersey

— as all Broncos quarterbacks must during practice — the former Florida Gator superstar displayed tremendous coordination while marching to strength coordinator's Rich Tuten's warmup exercises, great agility during a ball-carrying drill over and around blocking dummies, and superb accuracy during a pitch-and-catch session with equipment manager Mike "Hands"' Harrington.
OK, so at least until Tebow throws his first interception in a preseason game, it may be difficult to not get carried away.

"I think he's done a good job with it," said Zane Beadles, the Broncos' second-round draft pick who practiced at both left and right tackle Friday. "He's come in here and you can definitely tell he's a winner and loves football. He's talking to guys and already getting the team to pull together."

When it was time to throw, Tebow feigned taking the snap under center, took 3- to 5-step drops and zipped passes from 5 to 15 yards to Harrington. There was no rolling out, no throwing on the run, no scrambles. That was Tebow the college legend. What he did Friday was just normal, pocket-passing stuff of NFL quarterbacks.

"The footwork, the drops, the cadences, identifying the right Mikes (linebacker), going through all the protections, everything like that is what I've been working on," Tebow said. ""I can't narrow it down, I've got too many things to work on right now."

The media was not permitted to watch him throw to any rookie receivers, the most notable of whom — first-round draft pick DeMaryius Thomas and third rounder Eric Decker — weren't around to catch, anyway, as they are sidelined with foot fractures.

The full squad will gather for their first formal offseason training activity (OTA) May 17-19.

As Tebow and the rookies practiced, Fred Fleming, the Broncos' director of special services who is always called upon whenever something out of the ordinary stirs at Broncos headquarters, patrolled the

Tim Tebow takes part in the Broncos rookie mini camp. (Craig F. Walker, The Denver Post)
inquisitive audience. As Tebow threw, quarterbacks coach Ben McDaniels and an on-field cameraman stood near the highly touted project. Head coach Josh McDaniels also dropped by for some personal instruction.
For the most part, Tebow released from his ear hole and did not use the long, right fielder-like delivery that had generated so much criticism leading up to the draft.

Tebow completed 21 of 21 passes to Harrington during the viewing period. Just as the media was herded off the field, Tebow zipped a 15-yard pass to Harrington, who made his first and only drop. Thus, Tebow was officially 21 of 22.

Afterwards, Harrington declined comment. True story. It can be safely assumed Dove Valley has never dealt with anything quite like the Tebow Watch.

"I'm just excited. It's not really pressure," Tebow said. "I just go out here and play football and I'm loving doing it. I'm learning a great offense from great coaches and just trying to soak it all in every chance I get and I'm having a great time with it."

Mike Klis: 303-954-1055 or mklis@denverpost.com

Lonestar
04-30-2010, 10:49 PM
I also think that he and the coaches are more concerned with him getting used to the 3 and 5 step drops and then the throwing motion.
He didnt take alot of snaps from center at FLA, so i think like you said its the fluid motion they want to concentrate on. He isnt throwing hard at all. But his snap from center and the motion back while scanning the field, thats what they are working on.
I have no doubt he will do this everyday, 10,000 times until hes perfected it, by camp.
Even IF he has it down by camp the real worry is when it is late in the game, he is tired or rushed hard that he will revert back to his old motion.

they say it may tale 3 to 4 years to completely get rid of it, all the time.

So far the attitude is on the moon.

Lonestar
04-30-2010, 10:51 PM
His release is fine. I doubt any QB throws the same as others. Hell, I didn't hear many people complain about Cutler's less than ideal throwing motion... Guess you did not see my posts. :laugh:

for that matter he still is working on his bad habits in year five.

Tempus Fugit
04-30-2010, 11:00 PM
i wonder if her rack is real. they look a little too stiff to not have a bra on. but shes hot

Here's the story. Here are some pics that can help you to decide. You can see them with parts blacked out. If you want to see the whole picture with all the body paint, you can click on each individual picture.

http://sportsbybrooks.com/tebow-photo-girl-goes-nude-in-tebow-bodypaint-27028

*Remember, the click-through to blow up the individual pictures may be considered a bit too NSFW for some, even though it's body painting.

JDL
05-14-2010, 11:19 AM
thats pure ownage. i wonder what they will say next?? brees is a SB champion and one of the elite qbs in the league with the same motion lol

See this is the problem with people looking at still photos and believing what they want to see... it truly makes people dumb as a box of rocks and then routinely insert foot in mouth.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tVoqA-LKGb4

Drew Brees routinely in game and in practice keeps his elbow behind the ball, releases right at his ear and demonstrates with great regularity the short-compact throwing motion that marks great NFL passers... but whatever - let's ignore that and instead... let's look at 1 off-angle still photo ... and talk about a guys passing motion... wow the new lows in intelligent thought from some posters never ceases to amaze me. :tsk:

honz
05-14-2010, 11:50 AM
See this is the problem with people looking at still photos and believing what they want to see... it truly makes people dumb as a box of rocks and then routinely insert foot in mouth.

Drew Brees routinely in game and in practice keeps his elbow behind the ball, releases right at his ear and demonstrates with great regularity the short-compact throwing motion that marks great NFL passers... but whatever - let's ignore that and instead... let's look at 1 off-angle still photo ... and talk about a guys passing motion... wow the new lows in intelligent thought from some posters never ceases to amaze me. :tsk:
Do you feel like a badass when you make posts like this? You're so hard bro.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xcwd_Nz6Zog

slim
05-14-2010, 11:53 AM
I think Tim was a good pick up. Now we can utilize Royal's quickness. No more running at half speed for you, Eddie.

SOCALORADO.
05-14-2010, 12:08 PM
On his birthday, Tim Tebow randomly selects one lucky child to be thrown into the sun.

honz
05-14-2010, 01:26 PM

Oh yeah, and if you're gonna claim to be smarter than everyone else at least use proper grammar, asshat. People like you really chap my tooshy.

And no, Tebow doesn't have an ideal throwing motion, but guess what...Manning and Brady both worked on their throwing motions and improved their arm strength after coming into the league. Will Tebow be successful with a new throwing motion? I dunno, but stop acting like he has zero chance. I'd say please, but you are kind of a dick.

WARHORSE
05-14-2010, 02:43 PM
Muscle memory.

Learning to throw with a compact motion takes lots of repetitions and movements.

Does anyone doubt Tebow is going to out rep anyone else in that situation?

The burning desire the kid has to win, is the same desire that will allow him to overcome the desire to run the ball in the NFL, which wont be as effective if its his tendency.

If Tebow understands that tucking and running will make him lose, his mind wont allow him to run.

If Tebow understands that an elongated motion will tip off opposing DBs, his mind wont allow him to throw that way.

This kid has an arm. Ive seen it. He can throw the 20 yd out with velocity and accuracy and on the run.

And one thing some people may not understand.......guys that can throw accurately from different positions, or on the run like Elway and Favre....dont lose it. Its being aware of your body and its tendencies.

It also is something that can be improved with practice.

Tebow is an accurate passer. McD doesnt have to teach that, but he still will help him improve it by getting Tims footwork and motion right. Josh will explain to Tebow why his feet are critical and why he has to do things a certain way.

This kid is going to lock it down and patent it in his mind, because he wants to play, and he wants to win.

If Tebow were to blow it in his first 50 games, there still wont be any quit in this kid imo.

He wont blow 50 games though.

Things that ARE teachable that Josh can help Tebow improve on:

1.Compact the motion and make it second nature.

2. Consistent footwork.

(above two will help accuracy)

3. Going through progressions in 5 and 7 step drops.

4. Looking off safeties.

5. Studying film, opponents tendencies.

6. Film study of schemes and individual players of opposing teams.

7. Reading defenses.

8. Running the football.

Things Tebow has that will allow him to have a great chance at success:

Is mobile.

Is huge.

Is agile.

Can run the ball.

Has a strong arm.

Is accurate.

He wins.

Is intelligent.

Understanding on the chalkboard and Xs an Os

A great competetive desire to win.

A great sense of loyalty to his team.

An unwillingness to be detered.

A desire to be the one with the ball in his hands in the clutch.

A willingness to be taught.

Quick learner.

Humility.

A hatred of losing.

A willingness to play a role dictated by the coaches.

A leader by example and ability. (you can tell a leader by one simple rule: do people follow?)

His reaction to adversity is to take the responsibility upon himself first, and to work harder.

He does not throw people under the bus.

Hes a B R O N C O.

Josh McD used Cassells ability to run the football to advantage.
The more comfortable he became in passing, the QB draw was brought out to great effect, especially late in the season.

He will do the same with Tebow and Quinn.

In the spread, a QB that can run is a big problem. Especially if he can throw long.

Tebow doesnt have to be Peyton Manning to bring us to wins here. His skillset is actually of higher potential.

My money is on Tebow becoming what McD envisions rather than the naysayers.

Yep.

:coffee:

SOCALORADO.
05-14-2010, 02:52 PM
Tim Tebow does not play the lottery. It doesn't have nearly enough balls.

BigBroncLove
05-14-2010, 03:11 PM
I don't know how Tebow will turn out. I'm slightly optimistic but I'm not counting any chickens yet either. I will say his throwing motion does not need to be perfect to win and be a great QB in the NFL. Not every QB in the league has to throw it like Manning or Montana to win it big in this league. Phillip Rivers, who I hate but is a good QB, has an entirely different motion then Manning. Infact Rivers actually will put the ball low like Tebow did in college every once in a while but he has a quick release. Its fast and he doesn't turn his shoulder or elongate his last step in his drop. Brees is a very classic type of Unitas throw. Tebow doesn't have to be a mirror of any other player. He just needs to have a motion that won't put the ball in ridiculously unsafe scenarios. I think his current motion fits that.

On a complete side note, I really don't care much about Tebow this year. I really hope they let him develop and I am not looking forward to Tebow cam on every Bronco game if hes on the sidelines.

WARHORSE
05-14-2010, 04:04 PM
Tim Tebow does not play the lottery. It doesn't have nearly enough balls.

Thats not Tim Tebow you see doing pushups over there.

Thats Tim Tebow saving the earth by pushing it out of the way of an oncoming asteroid.:coffee:

When TT jumps in the water, TT does not get wet, the water gets TT.:coffee:

When you have 5 dollars, and TT has 5 dollars, TT has more money than you.:coffee:

SOCALORADO.
05-14-2010, 04:51 PM
If you spell Tim Tebow in Scrabble, you win. Forever.

TXBRONC
05-14-2010, 05:46 PM
Rather than starting a new thread with this I thought I would just put it here although it talk about more than just TFT.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/teams/den/report#notes_quotes

Broncos Team Report
Yahoo! Sports - May 13, 11:55 pm EDT

The Broncos have a quarterback camp this week, their first full team organized practice of the offseason. There was a rookie minicamp after the draft, and the mandatory minicamp is in June.

This camp is another opportunity to see the progress of rookie quarterback Tim Tebow as he tries to adjust to the pro game.

Defensive tackle Ronald Fields' arrest, first reported by Denver television station KDVR-TV, was for misdemeanor charge of unlawful carrying of a weapon. He was arrested after witnesses say they saw him flashing a gun. Fields could possibly face disciplinary action from the NFL.

Rookie receiver Demaryius Thomas' development will be a big storyline for the Broncos over the summer. The team is thin at receiver and needs him to contribute right away. He played in a simple passing offense at Georgia Tech, but the coaches were impressed with his ability to pick up their offensive tendencies during a pre-draft visit.

"I think that's a thing that he can process and allows him to get on the field and contribute to our team," Broncos coach Josh McDaniels said.

Quote To Note:

"I don't really look at it as pressure; I don't really look at it as an expectation. I look at it like, 'What can I control?' I'm going to go in there and I'm going to work as hard as I can every day."

—Broncos rookie quarterback Tim Tebow

HORSEPOWER 56
05-14-2010, 06:20 PM

I have a theory about that.... If I can touch them, they're real!

Northman
05-14-2010, 06:33 PM
I don't know how Tebow will turn out. I'm slightly optimistic but I'm not counting any chickens yet either.

Best line of the whole thread.

WARHORSE
05-14-2010, 07:14 PM
Best line of the whole thread.

Nope.

Tim Tebow can outrun a cheetah at full throttle.................on his nads.:salute:

Softskull
05-14-2010, 08:18 PM

I agree with you. The photos tell nothing.

However, did you notice Tebows footwork from that picture? He's way better than Breeze or Manning in their pictures.
I'm saying it now. Tebow, Hall of Fame, 2030. Great pictures, thanks.

gator_fan
05-15-2010, 06:21 AM
Chuck Norris wears Tim Tebow pajamas.

BroncoJoe
05-15-2010, 10:14 AM

That was one impressive performance by Brees. Holy cow.