PDA

View Full Version : 2010 NBA Playoffs Thread...

Broncolingus
04-29-2010, 08:58 PM
Discuss...

(apologies if duplicate, but didn't see one for the playoffs yet)

Denver Native (Carol)
04-29-2010, 09:56 PM
Well, Dallas is going "fishing".

Broncolingus
04-29-2010, 11:57 PM
Well, Dallas is going "fishing".

yeah...

Spurs sure did let 'em make it interesting there though, eh?

SmilinAssasSin27
04-30-2010, 05:41 PM
Go SPURS Go!

Benetto
05-02-2010, 05:15 PM
Game One BABY!

Looked a lot like Jazz were gonna take it there at the beginning of the 4th...but Kobe, Pau and Lamar came back in to wrap up the game...

Now its time to win game two and send it to the land of weirdos up 2-0.

honz
05-02-2010, 05:24 PM
The Jazz attacked the rim an awful lot in the last five minutes of the 4th Q for a measly 4 FT attempts, including 2 in garbage time...just saying. Oh well.

Denver Native (Carol)
05-02-2010, 07:18 PM
The Jazz attacked the rim an awful lot in the last five minutes of the 4th Q for a measly 4 FT attempts, including 2 in garbage time...just saying. Oh well.

Yes, that does happen in playoff games, and did happen in a previous series to a particular team also.

Denver Native (Carol)
05-09-2010, 12:44 PM
Anyone watch the Lakers/Utah game last night, when towards the end of the game, Fisher was thrown to the floor, NO FOUL??????? And Hubie Brown agreed with the non call, saying they DON'T make that call in the playoffs??????? WOW, I remember nothing more than TOUCH fouls being called in the Nuggets/Utah series. :confused:

Broncolingus
05-09-2010, 01:08 PM
Here's a shocker...looking like the Lakers are going to be in the finals.

You know, I don't necessarily 'hate' the Lakers, but I am so friggin sick of seeing the same damn teams year after year...

:tsk:

Who knows, maybe this year the Yankee's will win the World Series - wouldn't that be great? :D

EMB6903
05-09-2010, 01:19 PM
Watch out for those Suns... They are experienced... very deep... and extremeley explosive.

Broncolingus
05-09-2010, 01:24 PM
Watch out for those Suns... They are experienced... very deep... and extremeley explosive.

I have no problem with the Suns taking it all...

...which now makes it official.

I've jinxed them and they wont.

:D

Benetto
05-09-2010, 02:13 PM
I was on the verge of throwing my remote when I saw fish get pulled down before the inbounds pass..Sure Derek also added some extra ooomph to the landing, but CLEARY a foul. Its a damn shame the refs sometimes dictate important wins and losses with their inept playcalling. Lucky for us though Dwill threw up a brick, and the tip in was just an attempt.

You Lakers haters have to admit though, the Jazz did not deserve that win with Fisher's no call with a few seconds left.:tsk: Stupid refs, I hate them soooooo much.

EMB6903
05-09-2010, 02:14 PM
I have no problem with the Suns taking it all...

...which now makes it official.

I've jinxed them and they wont.

:D

Thats usually the case with me...

You want to make money? ask me who Im taking and bet the opposite.

Denver Native (Carol)
05-09-2010, 02:17 PM
I was on the verge of throwing my remote when I saw fish get pulled down before the inbounds pass..Sure Derek also added some extra ooomph to the landing, but CLEARY a foul. Its a damn shame the refs sometimes dictate important wins and losses with their inept playcalling. Lucky for us though Dwill threw up a brick, and the tip in was just an attempt.

You Lakers haters have to admit though, the Jazz did not deserve that win with Fisher's no call with a few seconds left.:tsk: Stupid refs, I hate them soooooo much.

I totally agree with you - saw many bogus calls and many non calls in the Nuggets/Utah series, and then Hubie Brown comes out and says he agreed with the non call when Fisher was pulled down, because they DON'T make those calls in the playoffs?????????? That was MUCH more blatant than some of the calls which were made in the Nuggets series :tsk:

honz
05-09-2010, 08:39 PM

It was a terrible no call, but I consider it karma for his egregious flop on that 3 point attempt!

I just got back home from SLC. I was at the game last night and cried after Matthews missed that tip in. It was so close and he probably makes that 9/10 times...but oh well. The only way to make myself feel better is to tell myself that we weren't going to win the series anyways.

MNPatsFan
05-12-2010, 12:33 PM
What was up with LBJ last night.:confused:

If I were a Cavs fan, I would be very disappointed and probably angry because LBJ was completely disinterested and going through the motions during last night's game. All players, even super stars, have bad games, but I can't remember seeing an alleged superstar who quit on his team the way LBJ did last night. Even when Kobe, MJ, Larry Bird, etc were having a bad game, they continued to work their asses off playing defense and/or trying to contribute in ways other than scoring. Lebron on the other hand just stood and/or floated around on the floor or took lazy shots from the perimeter for major portions of last night's game.

Benetto
05-12-2010, 02:17 PM
It was a terrible no call, but I consider it karma for his egregious flop on that 3 point attempt!

I just got back home from SLC. I was at the game last night and cried after Matthews missed that tip in. It was so close and he probably makes that 9/10 times...but oh well. The only way to make myself feel better is to tell myself that we weren't going to win the series anyways.

When I was in HSchool... Malone, Stockton and Hornecek kept knocking my Lakes out of the playoffs...I hated Horny sooooo damn much. I felt like punching him in the middle of his nerdy face every time he wiped his cheek before a FT. God I hated that shit.

I remember I was so upset. I know how you feel Honz, but your guys' time will come after Boozer is gone and AK47/Mehmet heal up. Boozer brings out the best in every player he guards or is guarding him.

****** is soo loud and obnoxious, whoever is playing the counter part usually loves to make him look the fool after he screams like the monster he looks like...Pau definetely did a great job of sending him to the bench. Yeah Boozer, keep telling yourself Pau is "soft" and you can dominate him.:rolleyes:

Pau is soft, but smart.

Broncolingus
05-13-2010, 11:53 AM

If I were a Cavs fan, I would be very disappointed and probably angry because LBJ was completely disinterested and going through the motions during last night's game. All players, even super stars, have bad games, but I can't remember seeing an alleged superstar who quit on his team the way LBJ did last night. Even when Kobe, MJ, Larry Bird, etc were having a bad game, they continued to work their asses off playing defense and/or trying to contribute in ways other than scoring. Lebron on the other hand just stood and/or floated around on the floor or took lazy shots from the perimeter for major portions of last night's game.

Felt the same way watching that...

Cleveland teams...:tsk:

EMB6903
05-13-2010, 09:32 PM

Kobe did the EXACT same thing James did during game 7 of a first round series against the Suns as couple years ago. I believe he had 1 shot attempt in the 2nd half alone that game while getting blown out. As we all know Melo has done it multiple times as well.

EMB6903
05-13-2010, 09:49 PM
Tom Thibodeau's defensive adjustments are amazing.... Hes the real Celtics coach.

Broncolingus
05-14-2010, 12:08 AM
While I'm not saying there isn't something to the LaBrawn thing, Boston's defense has been getting better and better (vice a game or two) since the playoffs started...

MNPatsFan
05-14-2010, 09:11 AM
Kobe did the EXACT same thing James did during game 7 of a first round series against the Suns as couple years ago. I believe he had 1 shot attempt in the 2nd half alone that game while getting blown out. As we all know Melo has done it multiple times as well.Yes, you are correct and I remember that game now, but not when I wrote that post.:tsk: That supports what I wrote in the other thread that LeBron is young and has time to rehabilitate his image and reputation like Kobe has done.

As for Melo, I haven't seen Melo play enough to comment on his play.

honz
05-14-2010, 09:33 AM
Jordan's Championships at age 25: 0
Lebron's Championships at age 25: 0

MNPatsFan
05-14-2010, 09:50 AM
Jordan's Championships at age 25: 0
Lebron's Championships at age 25: 0Yes, but you are comparing apples to oranges. Jordan entered the NBA when he was 21, while LeBron entered the NBA when he was 18. Therefore, LeBron has failed to win a Championship in 7 seasons. I believe that Jordan on the other hand won his first Championship in his 7th season.;)

Therefore, your comparison actually hurts you when you properly use the number of seasons they have played in the NBA rather than their age.

EMB6903
05-14-2010, 10:25 AM
it did take jordan 7 years to win it though...this was lbj's 7th season and he came in much more raw.

honz
05-14-2010, 10:28 AM
Yes, but you are comparing apples to oranges. Jordan entered the NBA when he was 21, while LeBron entered the NBA when he was 18. Therefore, LeBron has failed to win a Championship in 7 seasons. I believe that Jordan on the other hand won his first Championship in his 7th season.;)

Therefore, your comparison actually hurts you when you properly use the number of seasons they have played in the NBA rather than their age.
It hurts me? It took Jordan 7 years to win a ring. Lebron just finished his 7th year. So he is now a year behind. There will never be another Jordan, but nobody has ever had to live up to the expectations that Lebron has to...it's partly his fault, but still it's a little crazy.

honz
05-14-2010, 10:31 AM
Also, I've never understood why Lebron is compared to Jordan. Lebron has a lot more Magic in him than he does Kobe or Jordan.

MNPatsFan
05-14-2010, 10:39 AM
it did take jordan 7 years to win it though...this was lbj's 7th season and he came in much more raw.Yes, I know it took jordan 7 seasons because I wrote that in my most recent post.;)

Please keep in mind that I am not the one who made the comparison between jordan and lbj. I was only pointing out that you had to look at seasons in NBA, not age, if you were going to make a logical comparison. Yes, LBJ was much more raw when he came in but you can't hold that fact against jordan. I realize you are trying to rationalize LeBron's failures during the playoffs and failure to win a Championship, but again keep in mind that I am not the one who made the comparison between Jordan and LBJ.

If someone is going to make the comparison, they need to make the logical comparison of number of seasons in NBA rather than age. They also can't rationalize LeBron's failures by then pointing out that he was much more raw when he entered the NBA. If the person is going to do that, then don't make the comparison in the first place.;)

MNPatsFan
05-14-2010, 10:45 AM
It hurts me? It took Jordan 7 years to win a ring. Yes, it hurts you because using your comparison logically to compare apples to apples your statement that Jordan had 0 Championships and LBJ has 0 Championship changes to:

Jordan after 7 seasons: 1 Championship
LBJ after 7 seasons: 0 Championships

I think it is undisputed that being down 1-0 is worse than being tied 0-0.;)

MNPatsFan
05-14-2010, 10:50 AM
Also, I've never understood why Lebron is compared to Jordan. Lebron has a lot more Magic in him than he does Kobe or Jordan.I agree with you.:salute:

I think a big reason that LeBron is compared to Jordan rather than Magic or Kobe is LeBron's admitted idolization of Jordan along with the fact he wears the same number as Jordan. Not saying that LBJ's honest comments that he grew up imitating and idolizing Jordan and tried to model his game after Jordan should be used to then compare him and his style of play to Jordan. Unfortunately though, I think that may be a major reason the fans and media make the comparison.

Benetto
05-14-2010, 03:46 PM
Also, I've never understood why Lebron is compared to Jordan. Lebron has a lot more Magic in him than he does Kobe or Jordan.

I'm glad somebody finally said it.

Broncolingus
05-18-2010, 12:45 AM
Well, of course I'm going for the Magic and Suns...with the Suns to win it all. but could live with the Magic taking it.

...and of course, it now looks more likely than ever we'll have a Celtics/Lakers finals.

...and WOW, there's something we haven't seen before.

:tsk:

You know, I don't necessarily dislike the Celtics or Lakers really all that much, but I am so sick of the same GD teams year-after-year...

...and yes, if that's the case, somebody else ought to step up and beat em.

BroncoAV06
05-27-2010, 10:46 PM
Ah the bank is open...and the Lakers robbed the bank.

The Suns just lost their chance at getting to the Finals.

honz
05-27-2010, 10:47 PM
I feel for Suns fans right now. Terrible way to lose, but a heck of a play by Artest.

CrazyHorse
05-29-2010, 10:55 PM
Minneapolis Lakers all the way!

Overtime
05-30-2010, 12:51 PM
Lakers baby!!!!!!! woooooot!

MNPatsFan
06-01-2010, 09:13 AM
Hopefully after this Championship series, the Celtics will have won 10 of the 12 NBA Championships series in which the Celtics and Lakers have played each other.;)

SOCALORADO.
06-01-2010, 10:06 AM
Hopefully after this Championship series, the Celtics will have won 10 of the 12 NBA Championships series in which the Celtics and Lakers have played each other.;)

Amazing how these 2 teams just dominate the rest of the NBA.
Yes, dominate.

Also, i think Kobe making not 1, not 2, not 3, but 4!! freakin insane shots with double teams, impossible angles and hands and elbows in his face, all the while trying to close out a very difficult opponent, with the finals on the line on a opposing teams court, YET AGAIN, should put the stupid "who's the best player in the world" argument to bed.

lebron james couldnt make those shots if his life depended on it.
lebron james=Glorified Karl Malone :lol:
1 more World Championship and Kobe is right there with Jordan.

honz
06-01-2010, 02:22 PM
If you are gonna make fun of one of the Jazz greats that never won a title please make fun of Stockton. Stock disappeared in the Jazz's biggest games as the Jazz rode Malone as hard as they could.

Broncolingus
06-03-2010, 05:30 PM
I honestly could give a shit about this years finals...NBA isn't my fav of the Big 3 (or Big 4 depending on your point of view I guess) anyway.

Lakers and Celtics?

Really?

(no offense Lakers/Celtics fans)

It was kinda interesting the first 69,132,476,324,978 times they played each other for the championship...but now?

Not so much so...

Oh, well...I'll take the Lakers in 6 I guess.

Denver Native (Carol)
06-07-2010, 01:19 PM
I have watched Kobe's interview after both games so far - a win, and a loss. I am not sure who he thinks he is, BUT after both, he comes across as BORED, AND ARROGANT. He basically keeps the same STUPID look on his face, most of the time keeping one hand up against the side of his face, and almost never changes his facial expression. After the game 1 win, one of the reporters even ask him why he was giving such short answers to the questions.

He definitely is coming across very unprofessional in my opinion

Benetto
06-08-2010, 12:06 AM
I have watched Kobe's interview after both games so far - a win, and a loss. I am not sure who he thinks he is, BUT after both, he comes across as BORED, AND ARROGANT. He basically keeps the same STUPID look on his face, most of the time keeping one hand up against the side of his face, and almost never changes his facial expression. After the game 1 win, one of the reporters even ask him why he was giving such short answers to the questions.

He definitely is coming across very unprofessional in my opinion

Arrogant, young and super rich...Take those three and combine them with all the praise and hoopla he gets on a daily basis and you got one of sports biggest egotistical SOBs...Im not surprised...

Poet
06-08-2010, 02:41 AM
Kobe has always struck me as the super competitive I will cut off my leg to win a game type.

I prefer him over the Lebrons of the world.

Denver Native (Carol)
06-08-2010, 09:33 AM
Kobe has always struck me as the super competitive I will cut off my leg to win a game type.

I prefer him over the Lebrons of the world.

That's great that he is super competitive, etc., etc. However, that should NOT mean that feels he can treat the press, etc. as WAY BELOW HIM. In my opinion, Magic Johnson was better than Kobe, but I do NOT remember him acting arrogant like Bryant does.

CrazyHorse
06-11-2010, 03:57 AM
The Lakers really missed Bynum that game.

EMB6903
06-11-2010, 07:55 AM
That's great that he is super competitive, etc., etc. However, that should NOT mean that feels he can treat the press, etc. as WAY BELOW HIM. In my opinion, Magic Johnson was better than Kobe, but I do NOT remember him acting arrogant like Bryant does.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AgTO0OCh3zw

Broncolingus
06-17-2010, 10:57 PM
LA just won the Championship!!!!

Sorry folks...but,

http://www.big-t-shirts.com/ProdImages/big/792.jpg

Benetto
06-18-2010, 04:04 AM
I DO!!!! Congrats yet again boys! This was a hard fought one, and well deserved.

Kudos go to my fellow LEO's who controlled shit after the game...Still had some small incidents and a few arrests...but a win for the LAPD and LASD in east L.A. too!

:beer:

Nomad
06-18-2010, 06:27 AM
LA just won the Championship!!!!

Sorry folks...but,

http://www.big-t-shirts.com/ProdImages/big/792.jpg

I didn't even realize they were still playing the NBA playoffs!!

Not that I give a crap, but the argument is settled from many years ago.....Kobe > Shaq!!

SOCALORADO.
06-18-2010, 07:37 AM
I DO!!!! Congrats yet again boys! This was a hard fought one, and well deserved.

Kudos go to my fellow LEO's who controlled shit after the game...Still had some small incidents and a few arrests...but a win for the LAPD and LASD in east L.A. too!

Man that was an ugly game. Just a defensive power struggle.
Boston just ran out of gas in the 4th and LA took it.
I think Boston will die off after this game for a few years. Rebuild.

I guess we Laker fans now wait to see who the next victim is. See what lil' lebron and friends do. "Lil' LeBron and friends" That should be a show.

MNPatsFan
06-18-2010, 07:46 AM
Man that was an ugly game. Just a defensive power struggle.
Boston just ran out of gas in the 4th and LA took it.
I think Boston will die off after this game for a few years. Rebuild.

I guess we Laker fans now wait to see who the next victim is. See what lil' lebron and friends do. "Lil' LeBron and friends" That should be a show.With the Celtics missing their best defender and the heart of their defense, it was a foregone conclusion that the Lakers would win. If Kendrick Perkins had played in game seven, would have been a different result. But injuries are part of the game, so congratulations to the LA Lakers on their win.:salute:

Nomad
06-18-2010, 08:30 AM
With the Celtics missing their best defender and the heart of their defense, it was a foregone conclusion that the Lakers would win. If Kendrick Perkins had played in game seven, would have been a different result. But injuries are part of the game, so congratulations to the LA Lakers on their win.:salute:

Well if this is the case, this game should have an * next to it, stating Perkins absence was the reason the Celtics did not play up to par. (just kidding:D...poking fun at all the people who called for an * in the NCG between Texass and Alabama). Yes, injuries are part of any sports game and with a team game the next guy has to step up, no excuses!!

Denver Native (Carol)
06-18-2010, 08:51 AM
One thing I found staggering - free throw attempts - LA 37, Boston 17. That is definitely a staggering difference.

MNPatsFan
06-18-2010, 09:34 AM
Well if this is the case, this game should have an * next to it, stating Perkins absence was the reason the Celtics did not play up to par. (just kidding:D...poking fun at all the people who called for an * in the NCG between Texass and Alabama). Yes, injuries are part of any sports game and with a team game the next guy has to step up, no excuses!!Not making excuses, just stating facts. With Perkins, the Celtics don't get out rebounded like they were and maybe even win the rebound battles and the Celtics big men don't have to play nearly as many minutes. Someone mentioned that the Celtics ran out of gas in fourth quarter and that is true particularly of Rasheed Wallace, who had a good game but clearly ran out of gas and was cramping, which wouldn't have happened if Perkins had been available.

Perkins, however, was not available and the game still had to be played with no excuses.

SOCALORADO.
06-18-2010, 09:42 AM
With the Celtics missing their best defender and the heart of their defense, it was a foregone conclusion that the Lakers would win. If Kendrick Perkins had played in game seven, would have been a different result. But injuries are part of the game, so congratulations to the LA Lakers on their win.:salute:

Thanks! Congrats on a great series and playoff run.
Hopefully Doc returns. The guys a great coach, and if Bostons FO is willing, they can rebuild within just a year or 2 with him.
The lakers were also without Bynum for almost the entire game, and when he did play, he literally was unable to jump an inch. He was all used up too! LOL! Gotta give em props though, for effort.
"China doll" as hes become known got an A for effort.
Yeah, Perkins would have offset the situation somewhat.
Man that was a long, dragged out, fist fight!

CrazyHorse
06-18-2010, 12:43 PM
Not making excuses, just stating facts. With Perkins, the Celtics don't get out rebounded like they were and maybe even win the rebound battles and the Celtics big men don't have to play nearly as many minutes. Someone mentioned that the Celtics ran out of gas in fourth quarter and that is true particularly of Rasheed Wallace, who had a good game but clearly ran out of gas and was cramping, which wouldn't have happened if Perkins had been available.

Perkins, however, was not available and the game still had to be played with no excuses.

Yeah but Bynum was iinjured the whole series so in the end it evens things out.

Broncolingus
06-18-2010, 03:21 PM

No intent to throw poop your way, Ben...:salute:

Just tired of the same-ole, same-ole...

Congrats to the Lakers.

Northman
06-18-2010, 03:41 PM
As a Blazer fan i have a lot of discontent for L.A but i really like Kobe as a player and dont really care about this version of the Celtics at all so im happy the Lakers won. But, with or without Perkins Boston had 2 chances to get it done and failed. I remember a few years ago when Kobe packed it in vs the Suns and he took a lot of heat for that (as he should). But that isnt the same guy the last couple of years as he showed why he is the best athlete at the pro level right now.

Northman
06-18-2010, 03:46 PM

Kobe is hardly alone in that realm. Its a generational thing and has been the last decade or so.

Benetto
06-18-2010, 04:15 PM
If the injury to Perkins will help you sleep at night, Boston fans...then so be it..

But if I remember correctly, the Lakers still pulled out a few wins in this series with him playing(in Boston AND L.A)...Now if Pierce, rondo, or KG were absent, I would agree...

LOL...It makes more sense to say the Celtics lost because of Ray rays aweful shooting, or Pierce's guarantee.."We aint coming back to L.A"...Ha, reminds me of the book that was being sold before the SB entitled "19-0".

Broncolingus
06-18-2010, 04:23 PM
Kobe couldn't the broad side of a barn last night, but was a friggin animal on the boards...

...that guy - remains - my #1 if I had to start a team today.

MNPatsFan
06-18-2010, 04:29 PM
Yeah but Bynum was iinjured the whole series so in the end it evens things out.Not really because an apple to oranges comparison. Although he was injured, he was able to keep playing and contributing to the Lakers efforts. By this point of the season, all the main players and contributors for both teams or playing through injuries that hinder them but don't prevent them from getting on the floor. Your point applies more to the 2008 series when Bynum didn't play and Lakers fans continually pointed that out. Would Bynum's participation in 2008 resulted in a different result? Maybe, I can't say for sure because I honestly don't know how much he contributed to the Lakers defense and offense in 2008.

I do know that Perkins is both the heart and soul as well as the quarterback/middle linebacker/safety depending on the analogy you want to use of the Celtics defense. He sets the tone and runs or sets up their d when he is on the floor. His loss was huge defensively and for purposes of rebounding, but not offensively.

MNPatsFan
06-18-2010, 05:01 PM
If the injury to Perkins will help you sleep at night, Boston fans...then so be it..I can't speak for all Boston/Celtics fans, but I wasn't going to have problems sleeping either way because it is just a game/series, not the end of the world. I/we have a hell of a lot more serious issues than who won and who lost the NBA Championship series.;)

But if I remember correctly, the Lakers still pulled out a few wins in this series with him playing(in Boston AND L.A)...Now if Pierce, rondo, or KG were absent, I would agree...I never said they didn't, but with regards to the Celtics defense and rebounding, Perkins is the heart and soul as well as the quarterback/middle linebacker/safety depending on the analogy you want to use of the Celtics defense by his teammates. Perkins does the critical usually unnoticed things that allow championship caliber teams to win similar to the offensive and/or defensive lineman on football teams that allow the higher profile players to shine. Without very good offensive/defensive lineman, the offensive and defensive stars are not able to be as successful and neither is the team. Perkins doesn't score a lot, but he does the silent grunt work that sets the stage for his teammates to perform to their best.

LOL...It makes more sense to say the Celtics lost because of Ray rays aweful shooting, or Pierce's guarantee.."We aint coming back to L.A"...Ha, reminds me of the book that was being sold before the SB entitled "19-0".Ray Allen's shooting issues definitely contributed to the loss. IMHO though the loss of Perkins severely hurt the Celtics defensively, getting rebounds, and keeping Rasheed Wallace and Glenn Davis rested and minimizing their work load, minutes, and need to make a significant contribution both offensively and defensively.

If the Lakers had also lost their best defensive player for game 7,and I will let you choose between Kobe who didn't contribute much offensively in game 7 or Ron Artest (IMHO they are essentially equal/even as the Lakers best defender), I seriously doubt you don't think the result wouldn't have been different in game 7.;) Just MHO and :2cents:

CrazyHorse
06-19-2010, 09:21 PM
Not really because an apple to oranges comparison. Although he was injured, he was able to keep playing and contributing to the Lakers efforts. By this point of the season, all the main players and contributors for both teams or playing through injuries that hinder them but don't prevent them from getting on the floor. Your point applies more to the 2008 series when Bynum didn't play and Lakers fans continually pointed that out. Would Bynum's participation in 2008 resulted in a different result? Maybe, I can't say for sure because I honestly don't know how much he contributed to the Lakers defense and offense in 2008.

I do know that Perkins is both the heart and soul as well as the quarterback/middle linebacker/safety depending on the analogy you want to use of the Celtics defense. He sets the tone and runs or sets up their d when he is on the floor. His loss was huge defensively and for purposes of rebounding, but not offensively.

You are right. An injured center with limited playing effectiveness n 7 games is not the same as another starting center missing a game completely. Karma doesnt' work it's way here perfectly. Still there's no doubt in my mind that if both teams were completely healthy the Lakers still take the series.

CrazyHorse
06-19-2010, 09:24 PM
Kobe is hardly alone in that realm. Its a generational thing and has been the last decade or so.

Kobe may be arrogant but so was Jordan.

EMB6903
06-19-2010, 11:14 PM
Boston shot 17 free throws all game...

Lakers shot 17 free throws the last 8 minutes of the game...

Denver Native (Carol)
06-20-2010, 07:50 AM
Boston shot 17 free throws all game...

Lakers shot 17 free throws the last 8 minutes of the game...

Game total - LA 37 - Boston 17

EMB6903
06-20-2010, 11:51 AM

If only Kobe was half as good as Jordan....

I saw all I needed from Kobe during a game 7 of an NBA finals. he missed 3x as many shots as he made and was a turnover machine. Stop the comparisons already people. This guy isnt even the greatest Laker of alltime.

Northman
06-20-2010, 11:53 AM

Ohhhh yea he was.

Northman
06-20-2010, 11:58 AM
If only Kobe was half as good as Jordan....

I saw all I needed from Kobe during a game 7 of an NBA finals. he missed 3x as many shots as he made and was a turnover machine. Stop the comparisons already people. This guy isnt even the greatest Laker of alltime.

Jordan turned the ball over at times as well. Lets not pretend the guy was perfect. Do i think Kobe is as good as Jordan? No. But he is the best player in the NBA right now hands down. He may not be the greatest Laker of alltime but he will go to the HOF no question about it. Hate all you want but the guy is good.

MNPatsFan
06-20-2010, 12:01 PM
You are right. An injured center with limited playing time in 7 games is not the same as another starting center missing a game completely. Karma doesnt' work it's way here perfectly. Still there's no doubt in my mind that if both teams were completely healthy the Lakers still take the series.You might want to check your facts CrazyHorse before writing baseless assertions.;)

You assert that Andrew Bynum was injured and played limited minutes in 7 games, but your position is unsubstantiated and contradicted by the facts.;) If you had taken the time to do some research and look at the box scores from each of the seven games, you would have discovered that Andrew Bynum played more minutes than Kendrick Perkins in almost every single game and in the series, but don't let that get in the way of your assertion and/or delusion.:laugh:

Here is a comparison of their minutes game by game:
Andrew Bynum (AB) Kendrick Perkins (KP)
Game 1 AB - 28 minutes, KP 24 minutes
Game 2 AB - 39 minutes, KP 32 minutes
Game 3 AB - 29 minutes, KP 22 minutes
Game 4 AB - 12 minutes, KP 25 minutes
Game 5 AB - 32 minutes, KP 32 minutes
Game 6 AB - 16 minutes, KP 7 minutes
Game 7 AB - 19 minutes, KP 0 minutes

Now I am sure you will try to twist and spin these numbers to validate your claim that Bynum was injured and played limited minutes. Please keep in mind that I haven't disputed that Bynum was injured, but as I previously said,

all the main players and contributors for both teams are playing through injuries that hinder them but don't prevent them from getting on the floor. Despite your claim/assertion to the contrary, however, it is clear and undisputed that Andrew did NOT play limited minutes in the 7 games or the series!!

EMB6903
06-20-2010, 12:09 PM
Jordan turned the ball over at times as well. Lets not pretend the guy was perfect. Do i think Kobe is as good as Jordan? No. But he is the best player in the NBA right now hands down. He may not be the greatest Laker of alltime but he will go to the HOF no question about it. Hate all you want but the guy is good.

Kobe is not the best player in the league hands down, He hasnt been the best in the league for the last 2 years. Lebron is better at every aspect of the game aside from scoring, and hes still a more productive scorer then Kobe.. Kobe is a great player and a HOFer for sure. 3 things hes not?

1. Not currently the best in the league
2. Not the greatest Laker of alltime
3. Isnt close to MJ....

MJ= 6 NBA Finals rings, 6 finals MVP's, in 6 appearences (skipping 2 years in his physical prime because of gambling problems)
Kobe= 5 NBA Finals rings, 2 Finals MVPs, in 7 appearences

MJ= 5 league mvps, 10 NBA Scoring titles.
Kobe= 1 league mvp, 2 scoring titles

Jordan ended his career with the Chicago Bulls with a shooting percentage above 50% from the field... Kobe? Has never gone 1 single year shooting over 50% from the field.

Jordan was the MAIN reason for winning those titles...Never had a bigman even close to the presense of Gasol or Shaq... Much less a Center as good as Andrew Bynum.

Kobe... has ALWAYS relied on his bigs to get him over the hump. that is a known fact.

Kobe wasnt the reason Celtics lost that game 7 or even that entire series. It was the presense of 2 7 foot bigs getting as many 2nd chance opportunities as they wanted.

Northman
06-20-2010, 12:30 PM
Kobe is not the best player in the league hands down, He hasnt been the best in the league for the last 2 years. Lebron is better at every aspect of the game aside from scoring, and hes still a more productive scorer then Kobe.. Kobe is a great player and a HOFer for sure.

Yes he is but thats a matter of opinion. Lebron? Nah. He has a lot of nice stats but he doesnt step up to the plate when he needs too. Ive seen MJ shoot poorly for most of the game and then hit the shots when necessary. So to base your opinion off stats alone is weak at best.

MJ= 6 NBA Finals rings, 6 finals MVP's, in 6 appearences (skipping 2 years in his physical prime because of gambling problems)
Kobe= 5 NBA Finals rings, 2 Finals MVPs, in 7 appearences

MJ= 5 league mvps, 10 NBA Scoring titles.
Kobe= 1 league mvp, 2 scoring titles

Aside from the league titles there isnt much that separates them as far as championships really. I would take 5 championships any day of the week.

Jordan ended his career with the Chicago Bulls with a shooting percentage above 50% from the field... Kobe? Has never gone 1 single year shooting over 50% from the field.

I would venture to bet that the entire league is pretty bad at shooting overall. Did you see Boston in game 6? My wife was laughing her ass off at how bad they were shooting. I guarantee if you go back and look at the percentages from the 80's to early 90's dwarfs what they are now.

Jordan was the MAIN reason for winning those titles...Never had a bigman even close to the presense of Gasol or Shaq... Much less a Center as good as Andrew Bynum.

Your insane. Jordan had Pippen who is a HOF as well or did you forget? At one point they also added Dennis Rodman one of the best rebounders in the game. Grant, Harper, Paxson, and Kerr are far better players than anything Kobe has had to work with. :lol:

Kobe... has ALWAYS relied on his bigs to get him over the hump. that is a known fact.

Ill give you O'Neil only because there really has never been a center in the NBA who could out muscle him. But, Shaq has always been one dimensional and players like Olajuwan and Duncan could easily outplay from beyond the arc. However, the past 2 years Kobe didnt really have a big guy that could dominate like O'Neil.

Kobe wasnt the reason Celtics lost that game 7 or even that entire series. It was the presense of 2 7 foot bigs getting as many 2nd chance opportunities as they wanted.

So not hitting shots down the stretch when they matter like Jordan used to do isnt important? Uh, ok. How bout no? Celtics lost because they shot like ass in game 6, and then couldnt stop the one guy they had to worry about at the end of game 7.

EMB6903
06-20-2010, 01:47 PM
Yes he is but thats a matter of opinion. Lebron? Nah. He has a lot of nice stats but he doesnt step up to the plate when he needs too. Ive seen MJ shoot poorly for most of the game and then hit the shots when necessary. So to base your opinion off stats alone is weak at best.

Lebron has hit more game winning playoff shots then Kobe has in how many less years? I remember him scoring like 30 of the cav's last 32 points a couple years ago in the eastern conference playoffs during the end of the 4th quarter and OT.. Kobe's done this?

MJ shot poorly. but not in elimination game 7's.. 6-24 from the field? LMFAO thats laughable.

Aside from the league titles there isnt much that separates them as far as championships really. I would take 5 championships any day of the week.

Huh? Jordan is 6-6 in the NBA finals. 100% Kobe has lost 2 finals.. He even lost with players like Gary Payton, Karl Malone, and Shaq on his team. thats 3 HOFers he played with and still couldnt get it done.. not to mention Jordan was the MVP in all 6 of his NBA Finals appearences. Kobe? played Robin to Shaq for his first 3 finals... FACT!

I would venture to bet that the entire league is pretty bad at shooting overall. Did you see Boston in game 6? My wife was laughing her ass off at how bad they were shooting. I guarantee if you go back and look at the percentages from the 80's to early 90's dwarfs what they are now.

just excuses... Lebron shot over 50% this year alone. Nash does it every year, Melo and Wade have shot over 49% for a full year one time too. Kobe? in his long career has never had a FG% over 47% for a season... that shows you how horrible his shot selection is..

Your insane. Jordan had Pippen who is a HOF as well or did you forget? At one point they also added Dennis Rodman one of the best rebounders in the game. Grant, Harper, Paxson, and Kerr are far better players than anything Kobe has had to work with. :lol:

Jordan had pippen... Kobe had SHAQ! I dare you to argue that Pippen was as dominant as Shaq in his prime because he wasnt. But I didnt even mention Pippen. I said Jordan dominated without ever having a great bigman presense.. He played in an era dominated by bigs like Kareem, Hakeem, Mchale, Shaq, Robinson, Ewing, Malone, Barkley, Lambieer, and Kemp. Yet he dominated all of those players without having a big to match. thats amazing.As far as that hilarious "grant, harper Paxson, and Kerr are far better players then anything Kobe has to work with" comment.. LMFAO

Pau Gasol~~~~~~~~> Horace Grant
Derek Fisher=Paxson=Steve Kerr.. all 3 are average players at best. playing aside great players definately made them better.

Odom~~~~>Harper... Harper might have the better overall career but when he was with Chicago he averaged 13ppg as a starter. Odom averages around 12 points and 10 rebounds coming off the bench. a double double off the bench? Unheard of.

Ill give you O'Neil only because there really has never been a center in the NBA who could out muscle him. But, Shaq has always been one dimensional and players like Olajuwan and Duncan could easily outplay from beyond the arc. However, the past 2 years Kobe didnt really have a big guy that could dominate like O'Neil.

Nobody has ever had a bigman that could dominate like Shaq in his prime could. Not just Kobe... from 1999-2005 Shaq was as dominant as any big thats ever stepped on a basketball court. People say he wasnt very skilled but they are wrong. He couldnt hit a jumper but he didnt have too. Still was a dominant player with his back to the basket. could score with both hands and was an AMAZING passer. I could have won a title with Shaq in his prime. lol

So not hitting shots down the stretch when they matter like Jordan used to do isnt important? Uh, ok. How bout no? Celtics lost because they shot like ass in game 6, and then couldnt stop the one guy they had to worry about at the end of game 7.

Wrong again. Celtics actually shot a higher percentage then Los Angeles did in game 7. They lost because they allowed too many 2nd chance opportunities off of offensive rebounds. Lakers had 23 offensive boards to Celtics 8. Pau had 9 offensive boards alone, thats more then Celtics had all together. Watching games cool and everything.. But paying attention helps... try it.

Northman
06-20-2010, 01:50 PM
Lebron has hit more game winning playoff shots then Kobe has in how many less years? I remember him scoring like 30 of the cav's last 32 points a couple years ago in the eastern conference playoffs during the end of the 4th quarter and OT.. Kobe's done this?

MJ shot poorly. but not in elimination game 7's.. 6-24 from the field? LMFAO thats laughable.

Huh? Jordan is 6-6 in the NBA finals. 100% Kobe has lost 2 finals.. He even lost with players like Gary Payton, Karl Malone, and Shaq on his team. thats 3 HOFers he played with and still couldnt get it done.. not to mention Jordan was the MVP in all 6 of his NBA Finals appearences. Kobe? played Robin to Shaq for his first 3 finals... FACT!

just excuses... Lebron shot over 50% this year alone. Nash does it every year, Melo and Wade have shot over 49% for a full year one time too. Kobe? in his long career has never had a FG% over 47% for a season... that shows you how horrible his shot selection is..

Jordan had pippen... Kobe had SHAQ! I dare you to argue that Pippen was as dominant as Shaq in his prime because he wasnt. But I didnt even mention Pippen. I said Jordan dominated without ever having a great bigman presense.. He played in an era dominated by bigs like Kareem, Hakeem, Mchale, Shaq, Robinson, Ewing, Malone, Barkley, Lambieer, and Kemp. Yet he dominated all of those players without having a big to match. thats amazing.As far as that hilarious "grant, harper Paxson, and Kerr are far better players then anything Kobe has to work with" comment.. LMFAO

Pau Gasol~~~~~~~~> Horace Grant
Derek Fisher=Paxson=Steve Kerr.. all 3 are average players at best. playing aside great players definately made them better.

Odom~~~~>Harper... Harper might have the better overall career but when he was with Chicago he averaged 13ppg as a starter. Odom averages around 12 points and 10 rebounds coming off the bench. a double double off the bench? Unheard of.

Nobody has ever had a bigman that could dominate like Shaq in his prime could. Not just Kobe... from 1999-2005 Shaq was as dominant as any big thats ever stepped on a basketball court. People say he wasnt very skilled but they are wrong. He couldnt hit a jumper but he didnt have too. Still was a dominant player with his back to the basket. could score with both hands and was an AMAZING passer. I could have won a title with Shaq in his prime. lol

Wrong again. Celtics actually shot a higher percentage then Los Angeles did in game 7. They lost because they allowed too many 2nd chance opportunities off of offensive rebounds. Lakers had 23 offensive boards to Celtics 8. Pau had 9 offensive boards alone, thats more then Celtics had all together.

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Oh wow thats all i can say. Its ok, hate all you want on the guy but he still is the best player in the league.

EMB6903
06-20-2010, 01:56 PM
:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Oh wow thats all i can say. Its ok, hate all you want on the guy but he still is the best player in the league.

for what reason? Tell me what makes him a better basketball player then Lebron or Wade?

Northman
06-20-2010, 02:11 PM
for what reason? Tell me what makes him a better basketball player then Lebron or Wade?

He gets it done man. I find it funny that you would say that Shaq helped Kobe out with his championships (even though he has 2 without him) and yet Wade got one with Shaq in tow as well. How many rings does Lebron have? And hell, did Shaq join the Cavs recently too? :lol:

When all is said and done Kobe has had to do more with less. Too even think that the surrounding guys on the Lakers right now are great players (aside from Fisher) is insane on so many levels. When people speak about Jordan they dont care about his MVPs, they dont care about how he shot for most of the game. They only care about when it was clutch and how he performed and how he got his teammates involved. Again, this doesnt make Kobe better than MJ or even in the same league. But there is no other player right now (except maybe for Tim Duncan) who has had the kind of impact in the current state of the NBA. Sure, there are some really talented players out there but most havent even scratched the surface of what Kobe has accomplished. I love how you try to put Shaq in the same class as guys like Akeem Olajawon just because the dude could dunk a basketball. Just because the guy has size doesnt make him great. He won a lot of awards for good reason but he was still vastly overrated compared to a lot of other big men to play the game.

Then look at a guy like Dirk Nowitzki (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dirk_Nowitzki) who can shoot the lights out from just about anywhere only when it matters he falls short. In the end its all about getting it done and winning championships. Since Shaq has left Kobe has gotten two more rings and proven he didnt need an allstar center to win a championship. Its ok if you dont like the guy lord knows there are plenty that dont but dont try and sell me this crap that he is some scrub not worthy of praise that he gets. Fact is man, until Wade does more and Lebron actually MAKES the finals there is no better player than Kobe right now at this time.

EMB6903
06-20-2010, 02:17 PM
People look at individual accomplishments as well as team accomplishments.

Lebron is only 25 years old. He has plenty of time to get MULTIPLE titles. esspecially if he pairs up with Wade/Bosh/Amare.

Lakers have 2 great players. Kobe Bryant and Pau Gasol.

Northman
06-20-2010, 02:41 PM
People look at individual accomplishments as well as team accomplishments.

Lebron is only 25 years old. He has plenty of time to get MULTIPLE titles. esspecially if he pairs up with Wade/Bosh/Amare.

Lakers have 2 great players. Kobe Bryant and Pau Gasol.

Im not sure i would put Gasol there yet but he has the potential. Yes, Lebron is young so it may only be a matter of time but its also for that reason i dont put him above Kobe, YET. He might be beating Kobe in the stats dept but if he doesnt get any Championships i dont think he will be considered better strictly off the stats he put up. Time will tell.

Poet
06-20-2010, 03:49 PM
I think Gasol is the best big man in the NBA. Garnett is too old and Dwight Howard is the worst 'elite' player in any sport that I've ever seen. DH has no offense other than dunks. Everytime he takes a hook shot Karemm doubles over in pain.

LeBron only has Kobe in the stat department because of Kobe's age. Honestly the funny thing is that people act like LeBron is hands down the best player in the league, he's not. He is the best player in the league, but Dwayne Wade can score as many poins as he does, and Wade is a great defender in his own right.

LeBron however is the biggest money maker the league has seen since Michael Jordan. And, to be fair, he's the most dominant player in the league....

When he isn't quitting on his team.

EMB6903
06-20-2010, 04:05 PM
to be honest.. I think Wade is every bit as good as Lebron right now.

Poet
06-20-2010, 04:43 PM
to be honest.. I think Wade is every bit as good as Lebron right now.

With Wade it's an issue of health. He really is one of my favorite players to watch.

CrazyHorse
06-20-2010, 06:24 PM
You might want to check your facts CrazyHorse before writing baseless assertions.;)

You assert that Andrew Bynum was injured and played limited minutes in 7 games, but your position is unsubstantiated and contradicted by the facts.;) If you had taken the time to do some research and look at the box scores from each of the seven games, you would have discovered that Andrew Bynum played more minutes than Kendrick Perkins in almost every single game and in the series, but don't let that get in the way of your assertion and/or delusion.:laugh:

Here is a comparison of their minutes game by game:
Andrew Bynum (AB) Kendrick Perkins (KP)
Game 1 AB - 28 minutes, KP 24 minutes
Game 2 AB - 39 minutes, KP 32 minutes
Game 3 AB - 29 minutes, KP 22 minutes
Game 4 AB - 12 minutes, KP 25 minutes
Game 5 AB - 32 minutes, KP 32 minutes
Game 6 AB - 16 minutes, KP 7 minutes
Game 7 AB - 19 minutes, KP 0 minutes

Now I am sure you will try to twist and spin these numbers to validate your claim that Bynum was injured and played limited minutes. Please keep in mind that I haven't disputed that Bynum was injured, but as I previously said,
. Despite your claim/assertion to the contrary, however, it is clear and undisputed that Andrew did NOT play limited minutes in the 7 games or the series!!

Okay I'm sorry, not limited playing time but definitely limited effectiveness.
Here's to a Lakers 3-peat. :beer:

MNPatsFan
06-21-2010, 08:17 AM
Okay I'm sorry, not limited playing time but definitely limited effectiveness.I agree with that.:salute:

Here's to a Lakers 3-peat. :beer:Hell NO!!!!:laugh:

SOCALORADO.
06-21-2010, 09:44 AM
I cant believe all the complaints!
lebron james is nothing more than a glorified Karl Malone. Hes good, but nowhere near Kobe. lebron is a product of E!SPN and Gatorade. Hes the most popular player in the world, who has a really good team around him. So good, they had the best record in the NBA. 1 player cant accomplish this by himself. He also had the reigning "coach of the year" as well, who was then quickly fired for no apparent reason after the season ended.
Kobe makes shots lebron could only dream of. Kobe finishes teams in their house with insane double teams, hands and elbows in his face, getting fouled and he STILL makes the shots he needs to make when the game is on the line in the most clutch situations time and time again. lebron hasnt made 1/10 the clutch shots Kobe has made, and thats with NO HELP from any other players on his team. Hes doin work by himself and the opposing team knows it.
Kobe also puts in 10 times as much work both during the season, and in the offseason. I have read and heard nothing but poor remarks about lebrons training program, but i am constantly seeing this clown on TV or hearing about him "hangin" in NY. many observers comment that lebron spends waaaaay toooo much time dickin around and this is the main reason why he still has nothing to show for his talent. Imagine if this kid focused on his game and truly took it to the next level, instead of meeting up with bosh or wade to try to get his poor little self some help.
BTW, i dont like Kobe as a person. Hes arrogant and a mean guy, with poor moral character. but as a fanatical competitor on the court, no ones even close.

CrazyHorse
06-21-2010, 08:10 PM
I cant believe all the complaints!
lebron james is nothing more than a glorified Karl Malone. Hes good, but nowhere near Kobe. lebron is a product of E!SPN and Gatorade. Hes the most popular player in the world, who has a really good team around him. So good, they had the best record in the NBA. 1 player cant accomplish this by himself. He also had the reigning "coach of the year" as well, who was then quickly fired for no apparent reason after the season ended.
Kobe makes shots lebron could only dream of. Kobe finishes teams in their house with insane double teams, hands and elbows in his face, getting fouled and he STILL makes the shots he needs to make when the game is on the line in the most clutch situations time and time again. lebron hasnt made 1/10 the clutch shots Kobe has made, and thats with NO HELP from any other players on his team. Hes doin work by himself and the opposing team knows it.
Kobe also puts in 10 times as much work both during the season, and in the offseason. I have read and heard nothing but poor remarks about lebrons training program, but i am constantly seeing this clown on TV or hearing about him "hangin" in NY. many observers comment that lebron spends waaaaay toooo much time dickin around and this is the main reason why he still has nothing to show for his talent. Imagine if this kid focused on his game and truly took it to the next level, instead of meeting up with bosh or wade to try to get his poor little self some help.
BTW, i dont like Kobe as a person. Hes arrogant and a mean guy, with poor moral character. but as a fanatical competitor on the court, no ones even close.

LeBron only trails Jordan in all time Player Efficiency Rating. But hey Kobe doesn't airball freethrows like him...:laugh:

SOCALORADO.
06-22-2010, 08:14 AM
LeBron only trails Jordan in all time Player Efficiency Rating. But hey Kobe doesn't airball freethrows like him...:laugh:

lil lebron also only trails Jordan in all time "BS, useless cheesed!ck stats cause i still dont have jack squat to show for all my talent" rating as well. (BSUCSCISDHJSTSFAMT)
lil bron's comin around though. Soon he'll be the all time leader.
I mean he just made yet another commercial where he does a backflip and eats some Cheetos, so its just a matter of time before he takes down Jordan.
:lol:

EMB6903
06-22-2010, 07:53 PM
lil lebron also only trails Jordan in all time "BS, useless cheesed!ck stats cause i still dont have jack squat to show for all my talent" rating as well. (BSUCSCISDHJSTSFAMT)
lil bron's comin around though. Soon he'll be the all time leader.
I mean he just made yet another commercial where he does a backflip and eats some Cheetos, so its just a matter of time before he takes down Jordan.
:lol:

Lebron already has more NBA MVP's and just as many scoring titles as Kobe Bryant... and hes only 25.

The rings will come.

SOCALORADO.
06-23-2010, 07:51 AM
Lebron already has more NBA MVP's and just as many scoring titles as Kobe Bryant... and hes only 25.

The rings will come.

Cause scoring titles and regular season "whos most popular according to
E!SPN" awards get you rings.
As i stated, a glorified Karl Malone. Nothing more.
Oh look! Yet another commercial with lil' bron doin a backflip off a diving board into a giant tub o' guacamole!
Dude got mad skillz!