PDA

View Full Version : Coach McD on NFL Network today

Denver Native (Carol)
04-28-2010, 09:25 PM
http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-network-total-access/09000d5d817d9e8c/It-s-unfortunate

Talking about Clady, drafting Tebow, the QB situation in Denver, and talking about a few other Bronco draft picks

BroncoWave
04-28-2010, 09:55 PM
:lol: at the last line!

"The injury report will be out in September"

gobroncsnv
04-28-2010, 09:58 PM
guess even coaches as young as he is get a bit nervous being on TV... unfortunate and less than ideal... hmm, stronger terms come to mind for me, but then, I guess it might be him wanting to show faith in the pine riders, that he drafted them for a reason...
overall though, a pretty good interview... thanks much

I liked his parting shot, too, Bailey...

Mr D
04-28-2010, 10:56 PM
guess even coaches as young as he is get a bit nervous being on TV... unfortunate and less than ideal... hmm, stronger terms come to mind for me, but then, I guess it might be him wanting to show faith in the pine riders, that he drafted them for a reason...
overall though, a pretty good interview... thanks much

I liked his parting shot, too, Bailey...

What the hell are you talking about?

Lancane
04-28-2010, 11:03 PM

http://theinspirationroom.com/daily/commercials/2009/11/directv-tommy-boy.jpg

"Fat guy in a little coat".

:lol:

gobroncsnv
04-28-2010, 11:10 PM

Well, I listened to the interview, and he described Clady's injury as "unfortunate" at one point... "less than ideal" at another...

I would have thought something more in line with "this sucks" would have been appropriate... I'll work on using smaller words for you...

BigBroncLove
04-28-2010, 11:37 PM
Man McDaniels looks uncomfortable holding a microphone rather then speaking into one infront of him :D.

I like the quote, "Anytime your talking about a coach and a player its a two way street. I certainly don't take credit for Tom Brady's success, that's just Tom Brady being Tom Brady. And Matt Cassel worked so hard to make some success in that system and so did Orton."

That quote sounds pretty level headed IMO despite that McD has been pegged as rather egotistical, especially when it comes to QB's. Not sure how much water it holds, but I'm inclined to take it at face value.

Shazam!
04-29-2010, 12:48 AM
That quote sounds pretty level headed IMO despite that McD has been pegged as rather egotistical, especially when it comes to QB's. Not sure how much water it holds, but I'm inclined to take it at face value

It's bull. All the Super Bowl winning Coaches are all ego-mad and conrol/power freaks.

Mr D
04-29-2010, 12:51 AM
Well, I listened to the interview, and he described Clady's injury as "unfortunate" at one point... "less than ideal" at another...

I would have thought something more in line with "this sucks" would have been appropriate... I'll work on using smaller words for you...

It has...nothing...to ... do...with...small..... words....

It's.... more in line.... with ... you... typing...like... a ... rambling....

Seriously - now that you actually specified what you were talking about it makes sense - but your original post was you just rambling. :lol:

GGMoogly
04-29-2010, 01:41 AM
I think the NFL and its coaches should handle the media like the White House does. Every team has its own Press Secretary, someone who can at least put out the impression that the team loves its fans beyond the pecuniary. The coach then only has to do maybe three or four press conferences a year. NO coach ever seems to like dealing with the media, anyway. As social media expands, facebook,twitter, et al, people have more direct contact with the players themselves and traditional filters are falling fast. I'm getting more information faster than ever. What a great time to be a football fan!:whoo:

Lonestar
04-29-2010, 03:11 AM
I found that comment that Casey W told Burmeister that the scheme that Josh installed last year was the most complicated he had ever saw in his gazillion years in Football.

KyleOrtonArmySoldier#128
04-29-2010, 03:37 AM
people are fighting that don't usually fight - I think everyone just needs some broncos football to release that testosterone. :salute:

Mr D
04-29-2010, 04:04 AM
people are fighting that don't usually fight - I think everyone just needs some broncos football to release that testosterone. :salute:

Fighting?

Nah - I was getting my fingers warmed up as I was listening to my Coke fizz and get chilled up by all the ice in the cup as I'm waiting to have a little session of surfing the net and relaxing. :lol:

KyleOrtonArmySoldier#128
04-29-2010, 04:08 AM
Fighting?

Nah - I was getting my fingers warmed up as I was listening to my Coke fizz and get chilled up by all the ice in the cup as I'm waiting to have a little session of surfing the net and relaxing. :lol:

:lol:

gobroncsnv
04-29-2010, 06:37 AM
It has...nothing...to ... do...with...small..... words....

It's.... more in line.... with ... you... typing...like... a ... rambling....

Seriously - now that you actually specified what you were talking about it makes sense - but your original post was you just rambling. :lol:

Well, my wife says it's her mission in life to make attempts to explain me to people... that may just about say it all.

T.K.O.
04-29-2010, 10:39 AM

unfortunately after being on nfln's "games of the week" for several weeks.
they have hit the point in the season where we wont be seeing much more "broncos football".....except the philly game.:mad:

rookie training camp news and notes are gonna be it for a while;)

arapaho2
04-29-2010, 11:43 AM
I found that comment that Casey W told Burmeister that the scheme that Josh installed last year was the most complicated he had ever saw in his gazillion years in Football.

too bad it was so complicated..it didnt work:coffee:

Lonestar
04-29-2010, 12:05 PM
people are fighting that don't usually fight - I think everyone just needs some broncos football to release that tebowsterone. :salute:
Edited for accuracy. :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Broncolingus
04-29-2010, 12:07 PM
He looks like he could be 19-20 years old in that interview...

KyleOrtonArmySoldier#128
04-29-2010, 12:08 PM
Edited for accuracy. :laugh::laugh::laugh:

lol JR :laugh:

KyleOrtonArmySoldier#128
04-29-2010, 12:09 PM
He looks like he could be 19-20 years old in that interview...

It's crazy how nervous he gets in front of the camera, doesn't have the pompous professional thing most have. I think he needs to get that pompous mentality or the media will always make him out to be a joke.

KyleOrtonArmySoldier#128
04-29-2010, 12:10 PM
unfortunately after being on nfln's "games of the week" for several weeks.
they have hit the point in the season where we wont be seeing much more "broncos football".....except the philly game.:mad:

rookie training camp news and notes are gonna be it for a while;)

I know exactly what you mean, watching NFL Replay can bring more pain than pleasure when you think about what's about to come in the weeks after.

T.K.O.
04-29-2010, 02:14 PM
too bad it was so complicated..it didnt work:coffee:

or like most people realize....it takes a season or 2 to get comfortable with and then it's quite effective.
but carry on with the hatefest:elefant:

Lonestar
04-29-2010, 02:19 PM
It's crazy how nervous he gets in front of the camera, doesn't have the pompous professional thing most have. I think he needs to get that pompous mentality or the media will always make him out to be a joke.

Someone asked or commented that Xman has never been heard from about the draft. here is a 5 minute interview which he is visibly uncomfortable in front of a camera also.

http://www.denverbroncos.com/page.php?id=609&year=2010&month=4

BTV Sits Down with GM Brian Xanders -- Tuesday, April 27, 2010
Brian Xanders talks about how the Broncos approached last weekend's draft; the complete interview can be seen on the DB Draft Special on Comcast.

If someone has access to this Comcast and could convert it into a U tube or provide a link for those of us that can't get comcast it would be Deeply appreciated s

KyleOrtonArmySoldier#128
04-29-2010, 02:35 PM
Someone asked or commented that Xman has never been heard from about the draft. here is a 5 minute interview which he is visibly uncomfortable in front of a camera also.

http://www.denverbroncos.com/page.php?id=609&year=2010&month=4

BTV Sits Down with GM Brian Xanders -- Tuesday, April 27, 2010
Brian Xanders talks about how the Broncos approached last weekend's draft; the complete interview can be seen on the DB Draft Special on Comcast.

If someone has access to this Comcast and could convert it into a U tube or provide a link for those of us that can't get comcast it would be Deeply appreciated s

YEAH man I watched that on the broncos site and was like "how the eff are these guys this bad on camera?!?!?"

Shouldn't they be cocky and pompous like most intelligent high level executives? Learn something new every day.

Lonestar
04-29-2010, 02:55 PM
YEAH man I watched that on the broncos site and was like "how the eff are these guys this bad on camera?!?!?"

Shouldn't they be cocky and pompous like most intelligent high level executives? Learn something new every day.

Hey stuff a camera in front of your mug and see what happens.

I took me years to be able to give a day starting pep talk to my employees without a quiver in my voice.

The hardest one speech I ever had was in a Dale Carnegie course, being handed feather and having to do an impromptu 5 minute speech on the merits of it. What was worse was the wait for my term wondering what I was going to be handed before walking out on stage.

Talk about having to change ones drawers after that one. :laugh:

KyleOrtonArmySoldier#128
04-29-2010, 03:06 PM
Hey stuff a camera in front of your mug and see what happens.

I took me years to be able to give a day starting pep talk to my employees without a quiver in my voice.

The hardest one speech I ever had was in a Dale Carnegie course, being handed feather and having to do an impromptu 5 minute speech on the merits of it. What was worse was the wait for my term wondering what I was going to be handed before walking out on stage.

Talk about having to change ones drawers after that one. :laugh:

Actually I did do a few news interviews when I was trying to promote a mixtape album, was very natural and cocky. One thing that bugged me was that on morning news shows I found out they're NOT drinking coffee, just empty coffee mugs or mugs with water!! cheaters, you're only supposed to hydrate during commerical, it's the rules!!!

T.K.O.
04-29-2010, 03:13 PM
i have spoken publicly a couple times and all i can remember are a few words and me trying not to turn purple while up there.:laugh:
afterwards i have been told i did well....but for the life of me i thought i was just a stammering fool.
the weird thing is after a couple beers i can tear up a karaoke set.....springsteen,cocker some isley bros.(you know......the good stuff :lol:)
but shy as hell when it comes to public speaking.
that reminds me did anyone do a count on the "umm's" at tebow's presser.....i think it was a world record:beer:

Lonestar
04-29-2010, 03:37 PM
i have spoken publicly a couple times and all i can remember are a few words and me trying not to turn purple while up there.:laugh:
afterwards i have been told i did well....but for the life of me i thought i was just a stammering fool.
the weird thing is after a couple beers i can tear up a karaoke set.....springsteen,cocker some isley bros.(you know......the good stuff :lol:)
that reminds me did anyone do a count on the "umm's" at tebow's presser.....i think it was a world record:beer:

I got over it after a while I when I realized that I knew more about the subject than the audience.

Now if I had to do that without any knowledge of the subject that is another story.

Lonestar
04-29-2010, 03:39 PM

If he has ummms on the field I will worry about it, until then he gets a pass.

T.K.O.
04-29-2010, 08:01 PM
If he has ummms on the field I will worry about it, until then he gets a pass.

i was'nt dog'n him ,i actually felt sorry for him because he can be quite eloquent when he is prepared and comfortable,but man he was nervous and said umm about 200 times in 12 minutes.
i also could care less if he drools on the mike at a presser as long as he repeats his 34 passing and 23 rushing td's in a season as a bronco !!:salute: