PDA

View Full Version : New CoD Premieres 4/30

Shazam!
04-28-2010, 09:02 PM
New Call of Duty To Debut This Friday
Treyarch project comes to light this week.
IGN
by Jim Reilly

April 28, 2010 - What has developer Treyarch been cooking up the past two years? Looks like we'll get to find out this Friday as GameTrailers TV will air the first teaser trailer of the next Call of Duty game.

Not much is known about the title. Rumors and speculation point to the series shifting to Vietnam this time around, leaving the World War II setting in the past. So far, Activision has only confirmed Treyarch is developing a new Call of Duty and that it will be released this calendar year.

GameTrailers TV airs Friday at 12:40 AM EST on Spike.

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/108/1086612p1.html

I'm stoked. I know I'm in the minority but I prefer Treayrch's versions of CoD's going all the way back to CoD3. Im sure it'll be another stellar effort.

Slick
04-29-2010, 12:35 PM
I didn't think I would like World at War but I ended up really liking it, and a couple of the Zombie add ons gave me several hours of enjoyment as well.

I hope the Vietnam setting rumors are true. I'll buy it either way though.

Shazam!
04-30-2010, 08:44 AM
New Call of Duty Named
Treyarch goes public for the first time as official site goes live.
by Martin Robinson, IGN

April 30, 2010 - Call of Duty 7 has been named; the official site for Treyarch's latest take on Activision's phenomenal franchise has gone live, revealing the game's full title – Call of Duty: Black Ops.

Following on from the confirmation that the game would be taking place in Vietnam and hours before it's to get its first teaser, Activision has pushed the button on Call of Duty: Black Ops' official site. There's little in the way of further information beyond a brief blog entry from the developer of Call of Duty: World at War.

Call of Duty: Black Ops release date is also confirmed, with Treyarch's game shooting for launch on November 9 this year – in keeping with the traditional window for new Call of Duty games.

UPDATE: Activision has confirmed Call of Duty: Black Ops, a game that will take players 'behind enemy lines.' There's still no explicit confirmation of the game's timeline, although with the first trailer imminent we won't be wondering for too long.

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/108/1087087p1.html