PDA

View Full Version : McD "67 new players"

titan
04-28-2010, 03:39 PM
Just got my sports illustrated this week. In it Josh McDaniels says "All the teams in this league give their fans a reason to believe every year. It's easy to see why. We were just sitting around the draft room talking about how new our team is - 67 of the 86 players we have right now weren't on the team in January 2009. The fans are excited to see what all that is going to mean."

Wow - didn't realize the roster turnover was THAT much.

Ziggy
04-28-2010, 03:42 PM

It needed to be.

Lonestar
04-28-2010, 03:43 PM
we had 35 new guys last year on the roster, most were upgrades over 08

Every year you will see 10 25 on most teams do to FA and just getting old.

8 of the Defensive starters in 08 were replace and all but champ were playing a new role.

claymore
04-28-2010, 03:45 PM
McDaniels has no excuses. This is his team, if he loses with it, its his fault.

Ziggy
04-28-2010, 04:00 PM

It is his team. He's gotten rid of the folks who don't want to be here, and replaced them with ones who do. He's replaced most of the roster. It doesn't mean that he has had time to replace them with ideal replacements, just replacements. He hasn't even been here 1 1/2 years yet. He'll get another year regardless.

claymore
04-28-2010, 04:06 PM
It is his team. He's gotten rid of the folks who don't want to be here, and replaced them with ones who do. He's replaced most of the roster. It doesn't mean that he has had time to replace them with ideal replacements, just replacements. He hasn't even been here 1 1/2 years yet. He'll get another year regardless.

We shall see. He had 2 full drafts with a SHIT ton of high picks. I want to see how many starters from that we get. Right now I can think of 1, maybe 2out of 7-8 first day picks.

SOCALORADO.
04-28-2010, 04:35 PM
We shall see. He had 2 full drafts with a SHIT ton of high picks. I want to see how many starters from that we get. Right now I can think of 1, maybe 2out of 7-8 first day picks.

Child, please.

Nomad
04-28-2010, 04:49 PM

True! Over the next couple of years! His 3rd year with this team will be his fate unless this team totally collapses in the next couple years!! Tebow has extended his coaching career in Denver no matter what happens this year!!

Northman
04-28-2010, 04:50 PM
True! Over the next couple of years! His 3rd year with this team will be his fate unless this team totally collapses in the next couple years!! Tebow has extended his coaching career in Denver no matter what happens this year!!

I actually disagree.

Broncolingus
04-28-2010, 05:02 PM
If Denver does not make the playoffs in 2011 (unless there is a funky reason that is – read CBA), I will begin rethinking my support of McD and let the questioning begin…

…if Denver does not make the playoffs in 2012, then serious heat will (and should) be applied - rightly so...

…if Denver does not make the playoffs in 2013, then it will be time to move on.

4-5 years is enough time – even in the NFL – to turn any team into a playoff team.

…well, maybe unless you’re the Raiders. :D

JMO…

dogfish
04-28-2010, 05:37 PM
Just got my sports illustrated this week. In it Josh McDaniels says "All the teams in this league give their fans a reason to believe every year. It's easy to see why. We were just sitting around the draft room talking about how new our team is - 67 of the 86 players we have right now weren't on the team in January 2009. The fans are excited to see what all that is going to mean."

sounds crazy, but you also have to remember that 33 of those 86 won't make the roster. . . the turnover HAS been huge (almost our entire defense from the shenanigans years is gone, thank god!), but it makes it sound even more dramtic when you include the camp fodder. . .

there's absolutely no doubt that we've been on the fast track to completely tearing apart and (hopefully) rebuilding our roster, though. . . mcD has been VERY thorough. . .

most of the rest of the shanahan era holdovers will be gone next year. . . i'm hoping that dumervil, clady, kuper, royal and DJ will be kept around for a while, but if they are, that'll be about it. . .

champ's gone after this year, and i think ryan harris is also. . . stokley won't play much longer. . . dan graham's making a ton-- we'll see if they continue to be willing to pay it if quinn shows anything. . . jarvis moss, marcus thomas, josh barrett-- anybody think they're core players?

i can see larsen and/or woodyard possibly hanging around for a while. . .

Slick
04-28-2010, 05:47 PM

Can't really blame him. It is his ass on the line.. More than likely, any other coach we would have hired would have done the same thing.

Ravage!!!
04-28-2010, 08:28 PM

replacing just for the sake of replacing, usually doesn't spell improvment. If you are going to replace....especially pro-bowlers... then you better have a plan to replace the talent.

So yeah.. he's been here 1 1/2 years and made this kind of turnover.

BroncoBJ
04-28-2010, 08:30 PM

And if he wins with it then Shanny deserves all the credit for drafting pro bowl players that gave McDaniels good value to trade and get picks. :rockon:

GGMoogly
04-28-2010, 09:05 PM
67 new players? HA! Tebow alone counts as ten ordinary players:cheer2:

broncofaninfla
04-29-2010, 07:30 AM

No excuses for things not to work for Mcd, he has his team and is doing things his way. Hopefully this is good for the franchise. We'll find out this season..........

KyleOrtonArmySoldier#128
04-29-2010, 07:43 AM
I have a feeling it will be a very average and learning team the next two years, after that it's super bowl bound.

Dzone
04-29-2010, 09:55 AM
Tebow is not only good for the broncos, but he is good for denver and colorado. His mere presence on the scene here should cause the other sports stars to elevate themselves to be better leaders. Look at carmelo anthony in most interviews. he is surly and arrogant and has zero charisma. He needs to look to Tebow and try to be more like him. Tebow is the best thing to come along in a long time

KyleOrtonArmySoldier#128
04-29-2010, 10:12 AM
Tebow is not only good for the broncos, but he is good for denver and colorado. His mere presence on the scene here should cause the other sports stars to elevate themselves to be better leaders. Look at carmelo anthony in most interviews. he is surly and arrogant and has zero charisma. He needs to look to Tebow and try to be more like him. Tebow is the best thing to come along in a long time

Eh, I'm just stoked that we have a guy who can probably beast on 3rd and short, that's when the wildhorse will probably come out.

Lonestar
04-29-2010, 12:54 PM
replacing just for the sake of replacing, usually doesn't spell improvment. If you are going to replace....especially pro-bowlers... then you better have a plan to replace the talent.

So yeah.. he's been here 1 1/2 years and made this kind of turnover.

wow it is July already Must have slept through May and June.

Time to be less dramatic.

Remember not everyone is willing to believe a lie IF it is repeated enough only the stupid will.

KyleOrtonArmySoldier#128
04-29-2010, 12:56 PM
June? Where I live it's not even spring yet, there's still snow and very cold weather. :tsk:

BroncoNut
04-29-2010, 01:30 PM
Child, please.

Clay's a spoiled little brat. He reminds me of Violet in Willie Wonka and The Chocolate Factory. "I want it and I want it NOW!!"

TXBRONC
04-29-2010, 01:38 PM
Clay's a spoiled little brat. He reminds me of Violet in Willie Wonka and The Chocolate Factory. "I want it and I want it NOW!!"

Violet was a gum chewer. Veruca Salt was the spoiled rotten child that would always say "I want it and I want it now!" :D

BroncoNut
04-29-2010, 02:08 PM
Violet was gum chewer. Veruca Salt was the spoiled rotten child that would always say "I want it and I want it now!" :D

you knew that's what I meant. quit being a smartass :laugh:

BroncoNut
04-29-2010, 02:09 PM
Violet was gum chewer. Veruca Salt was the spoiled rotten child that would always say "I want it and I want it now!" :D

How in the eff did you remember a name like Veruca Salt ? I remembered Violet because she turned Violet.

KyleOrtonArmySoldier#128
04-29-2010, 02:20 PM
How in the eff did you remember a name like Veruca Salt ? I remembered Violet because she turned Violet.

All I remember about it was the tin man and the cool lion.

TXBRONC
04-29-2010, 02:25 PM

I had to look her name but I did know that Violet wasn't the who would say "I want it now!"

T.K.O.
04-29-2010, 02:42 PM
is'nt there a band named "veruca salt" ?
and i remembered who was who as well.
the snozzberries taste like snozzberries !
and the little cowboy kid.....i think he was called "mike tv":confused:

T.K.O.
04-29-2010, 02:44 PM
ooh ooh....and the evil dude (who as it turns out was'nt evil after all) was named "slugworth" or "mcdaniels" i'm not sure;)

TXBRONC
04-29-2010, 02:45 PM
you knew that's what I meant. quit being a smartass :laugh:

Sorry. I wasn't intending to be a smartass. :beer: