PDA

View Full Version : Tebow won over McDaniels with football smarts

Italianmobstr7
04-28-2010, 11:12 AM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/04/28/tebows-football-smarts-won-over-josh-mcdaniels/

We heard a very funny Jim Rome take the other day where he wondered if Tim Tebow did really have mystical powers since he made such an impression on Josh McDaniels in a 15-minute interview at the NFL Scouting Combine.

The same powers appeared to work on Florio back in March as well.

In reality, though, Tebow had more time to work on McDaniels.* A seven hour get together with Tebow in Gainesville the Monday before the draft may have clinched the pick.

SI's Peter King has a very interesting piece on McDaniels' decision to draft Tebow that is well worth a full read.* McDaniels says Tebow's intelligence went a long way.

"We went over a lot of things," McDaniels said.* "Now, understand that our offense is pretty complicated, and the terminology and the scheme is totally different from what he did at Florida. But about midway through my time there, we're going through plays, and he starts using our terminology.

"He's so smart about football that he was able to begin to speak my language and talk apples to apples. He'd already translated what he knew of our scheme into my words. That's something that carried a lot of weight with me.''

King believes that McDaniels will find something for Tebow to do on the field this year.* It sounds like McDaniels believes he found his football soul mate.

"I love this game so much,'' McDaniels said. "I would die to have 53 guys here who love it as much as I do. I'm looking to find the right group of guys to accept our one singular goal -- to win. I think Tim fits in with that."

weazel
04-28-2010, 11:15 AM
I think he won him over with pretty eyes.

BroncoWave
04-28-2010, 11:25 AM
I think he won him over with pretty eyes.

And his loving embrace.

KyleOrtonArmySoldier#128
04-28-2010, 11:40 AM
Already been posted today.

Italianmobstr7
04-28-2010, 12:54 PM
Already been posted today.

Sorry I didn't see it. I posted from my phone.

TXBRONC
04-28-2010, 03:55 PM
McDaniels to TFT. You had me at hello. :D

turftoad
04-28-2010, 04:22 PM
The man love they have for eachother is infectious.

TXBRONC
04-28-2010, 06:25 PM
The man love they have for eachother is infectious.

Throw Jr in there and you have a threesome. :shocked:

turftoad
04-28-2010, 06:32 PM
Throw Jr in there and you have a threesome. :shocked:

LOL, I'll save any further comments. :D

TXBRONC
04-28-2010, 07:14 PM
LOL, I'll save any further comments. :D

I agree, that's far as I want to push the envelop. :D