PDA

View Full Version : When Will Tim Tebow Make His First Start?

Ziggy
04-27-2010, 06:28 PM
Let's get everyone on the record now. My head tells me that he shouldn't start in 2010. My gut tells me that he will.

BroncoSojia
04-27-2010, 06:43 PM

Lonestar
04-27-2010, 06:44 PM
I think he will play thought out the year in RZ applications where he will keep the D honest and does not have to have GREAT timing with the DEEP WR and then again I think it will be late in the year UNLESS Orton takes a dump. After Orton has had a chance to win himself a grate contract somewhere else.

I will not say like jay because Orton wants to play ball, we did not change the Offense completely for him (do not think we will) like they did for Jay.

Northman
04-27-2010, 06:46 PM

HORSEPOWER 56
04-27-2010, 06:48 PM
I don't think he'll start (and he shouldn't) this year, but I'm sure he'll see the field. I have no doubt McDaniels will use him this year like UF did his freshman year and like Miami uses Pat White. Tebow and Moreno in the Wild Horses could do some damage especially converting 3rd downs. It's not like all they can do is run... Tebow, like White, has been known to throw a pass or two.

I don't think Tebow will beat out Orton in camp, but I do think he'll see time on the field.

dogfish
04-27-2010, 06:52 PM
i voted "never" because tim tebow doesn't start shit, he finishes it. . .

:cool:

Rick
04-27-2010, 06:54 PM
McD's reputation is riding on Tebow, good or bad.

If he shows anything in preseason he will start week 1.

If he doesn't show enough he will be inserted here and there through the season, start as soon as he gets it enough, orton falters, or season is lost.

Next season week 1 at the lastest, Orton will not be here next year.

atwater27
04-27-2010, 06:54 PM
Josh shocked everyone with Tebow's selection. He will shock everyone with a week one start of Tebow. They are passion. They are Ball. They are Juice.

TXBRONC
04-27-2010, 06:57 PM
I don't think he'll start (and he shouldn't) this year, but I'm sure he'll see the field. I have no doubt McDaniels will use him this year like UF did his freshman year and like Miami uses Pat White. Tebow and Moreno in the Wild Horses could do some damage especially converting 3rd downs. It's not like all they can do is run... Tebow, like White, has been known to throw a pass or two.

I don't think Tebow will beat out Orton in camp, but I do think he'll see time on the field.

If Tim Freakin Tebow has a chance to throw the ball this year lets hope he has better results than Pat White did last season (0 for 5).

dogfish
04-27-2010, 07:11 PM
If Tim Freakin Tebow has a chance to throw the ball this year lets hope he has better results than Pat White did last season (0 for 5).

tim freakin' tebow could throw pat white for a completion, if he could find anyone to catch him. . .

EMB6903
04-27-2010, 07:13 PM
:cool:[/QUOTE]

Josh shocked everyone with Tebow's selection. He will shock everyone with a week one start of Tebow. They are passion. They are Ball. They are Juice.

And I hope he does start Tebow ASAP. We all know Denver isnt going anywhere with Orton as a QB and I dont buy that BS about "ruining his career if he starts too soon" thats the biggest load of crap ive ever heard... if you have it then you have it, shouldnt matter how long you sit.

honz
04-27-2010, 07:22 PM
Week 1 2011.

Ravage!!!
04-27-2010, 07:45 PM
I say he starts by week 10, 2010

GGMoogly
04-27-2010, 07:57 PM
:alien:According to current String (M) Theory, Tim Tebow is so awesome, in four dimensions he has started retroactively and has already been inducted into the Hall Of Fame in another three!

TXBRONC
04-27-2010, 08:20 PM
tim freakin' tebow could throw pat white for a completion, if he could find anyone to catch him. . .

You'll get no argument from me.

Tim Freakin Tebow could throw Mt. Cody for a completion if he could find anyone brave enough to catch him. :eek:

Tned
04-27-2010, 08:32 PM
McD's reputation is riding on Tebow, good or bad.

If he shows anything in preseason he will start week 1.

If he doesn't show enough he will be inserted here and there through the season, start as soon as he gets it enough, orton falters, or season is lost.

I'm just going to ditto Rick's take.

nevcraw
04-27-2010, 08:39 PM
December 22 2012
One day after he rewrites the Mayan calendar.

Shazam!
04-27-2010, 08:52 PM
Originally Posted by Rick-

Agree. Although I think throwing him to the wolves is the way to go and a QB learns better when having to adjust to the speed of the game under pressure and on the fly. He's a tough worker, very intelligent and has enough motivation and leadership that well engulf the whole team. I wish he could go in 2010 to be ready for 2011 (or 12, depending if there is a strike) as a full starter with a year of experience. I dont see Denver as a serious playoff contender this year with all the youth that must be infused. BUT with a year of experience... 2011 we will see The McDaniels Project pay dividends.

dogfish
04-27-2010, 09:30 PM
You'll get no argument from me.

Tim Freakin Tebow could throw Mt. Cody for a completion if he could find anyone brave enough to catch him. :eek:

http://img717.imageshack.us/img717/986/i20pity20the20fool.jpg (http://img717.imageshack.us/i/i20pity20the20fool.jpg/)

Uploaded with ImageShack.us (http://imageshack.us)

TXBRONC
04-27-2010, 09:40 PM
Agree. Although I think throwing him to the wolves is the way to go and a QB learns better when having to adjust to the speed of the game under pressure and on the fly. He's a tough worker, very intelligent and has enough motivation and leadership that well engulf the whole team. I wish he could go in 2010 to be ready for 2011 (or 12, depending if there is a strike) as a full starter with a year of experience. I dont see Denver as a serious playoff contender this year with all the youth that must be infused. BUT with a year of experience... 2011 we will see The McDaniels Project pay dividends.

If he were more NFL ready like Flacco, Ryan, Sanchez, or Peyton Manning I could see starting him right away but as it stands I don't think he's there yet.

There are other quarterbacks that benefited from sitting for a year or two like Palmer, Rivers, and Rogers.

dogfish
04-27-2010, 10:08 PM
his ability to contribute in Wild Ass type formations right away offers us a somewhat unique opportunity to design a package or two with limited plays and get him on the field right away without having to learn the entire playbook or manage all the little details that the regular starting QB has to. . .

he can come in for specific situations, a couple plays at a time. . . give him an opportunity to look at NFL defenses and get used to the speed of the game-- give him a chance to take some snaps and hopefully throw some passes when the game isn't on the line. . . it would also give us a chance to see his "new" throwing motion under game conditions-- it would be ideal to get that on tape early so they can correct bad habits now instead of letting them develop all season. . . mcD has tons of shotgun stuff in his playbook, they could even put tebow back there early on if they're concerned about him taking direct snaps, or just want to give him a comfort level in terms of reading the defense. . .

i think a lot of it could also depend on orton. . . normally i'm sure most teams would prefer to sit a guy as raw as tebow for at least most of that first year (we'll see if his work ethic can actually shorten that learning curve any), but i don't know that i believe sitting a guy for any longer than that can really be beneficial. . . we went .500 with a rookie HC and patchwork defense last year with orton under center, and we probably would have won the washington game if he didn't get hurt. . . i think most people besides top agree that kyle's probably not the future here, but it's not like we won four games last year either. . . you look at orton's production last year, and although his play was rarely flashy or spectacular, he put up enough numbers and enough wins to deserve another shot at it-- barring the highly unlikely circumstance of tebow so wildly outperforming orton over the offseason and preseason that the coaches just feel they can't keep tebow off the field. . .

if he can keep us in the playoff hunt all year-- notice i said KEEP us in, not utterly suck and get lucky enough to ride the coattails of a great defensive performance-- then i think you have to stick with him. . .

if he pulls a plummer and goes straight to shit, then you make your decision at that point based on the circumstances. . . if we're out of contention, then by all means you'd like to get the rookie some valuable starts-- unless you think he's just completely unready. . . if we're still in contention, then i guess it's another plummer/cutler situation, and. . . well. . . in josh we trust then, right guys?

Broncolingus
04-27-2010, 10:20 PM
Barring injuries or some 'other than norm' circumstance, I say sometime in 2011...

JMO...

Lonestar
04-27-2010, 10:41 PM
heard a guy from SI say he believes that Tebow will see about 6-10 snaps a game from game one.

HE also said do not rule him out as Rookie of the year.

Apparently he was one of the first and ONLY pundits that predicted him to go in the 1st.

HAs been following Tebow since he started going to UF and seems to think he will pull the change over tot eh Pros much faster than any one thinks.

silkamilkamonico
04-27-2010, 10:45 PM
2012 - the year after the NFL lockout

TXBRONC
04-27-2010, 10:58 PM
heard a guy from SI say he believes that Tebow will see about 6-10 snaps a game from game one.

HE also said do not rule him out as Rookie of the year.

Apparently he was one of the first and ONLY pundits that predicted him to go in the 1st.

HAs been following Tebow since he started going to UF and seems to think he will pull the change over tot eh Pros much faster than any one thinks.

I don't 6 to 10 snaps per game will get him ROY. If wins that he's starting quarterback. Right now I don't see that happening.

Thnikkaman
04-28-2010, 09:24 AM
Don't think McDaniels will put him in this year, and we'll be locked out next year. So 2012.

SOCALORADO.
04-28-2010, 10:02 AM
December 22 2012
One day after he rewrites the Mayan calendar.

The Aztec calender already has Tim Tebows induction into the hall of fame etched in stone.

It also happens to have his Cinco De Mayo party etched in there as well....just sayin...

GGMoogly
04-28-2010, 10:31 AM
The DaVinci code? Tebow cracked that his freshman year! Even Nostradamus thought this kid was going to be a star! :nod:

Tned-Mobile
04-28-2010, 10:42 AM
Don't think McDaniels will put him in this year, and we'll be locked out next year. So 2012.

I'm still betting that the players and owners aren't stupid enough to risk their golden cow and will come to agreement and avoid a lockout in '11.

Lonestar
04-28-2010, 12:33 PM
I'm still betting that the players and owners aren't stupid enough to risk their golden cow and will come to agreement and avoid a lockout in '11.
While that may be true the owners have little other than Pissing off the fans as an issue, they still get the TV revenue even if they lock them ou and do not play.

the players however have lost something they will never get back "time" as most of them will lose talent and speed and in some cases valuable experience all of which they will never get back.

I'd also say that the vast majority of them blew most of their money guaranteed or not it is long gone and most did not pay cash for their purchases but have house and car payments they will not be able to make.

Plus the RFA will all want a pay day there were about 200 this year with MOST of them still RFA next year add that to the new batch coming up well now looking at 20 to 25% of the workforce wanting to get this done.

All the while if they are locked out only the owner have incomes to pay their non union staff and mortgage payments.

Overtime
04-29-2010, 01:36 PM
never. :coffee: