PDA

View Full Version : Host hurls Tebow ‘Nazi’ remark

Dreadnought
04-27-2010, 02:44 PM
Host hurls Tebow ‘Nazi’ remark
Critics slam Hub sports radio’s double standard

A Boston sports-radio host yesterday likened former Heisman Trophy winner Tim Tebow’s NFL draft party to a “Nazi rally,” a remark one media observer called an “amazing double standard.”

Fred “Toucher” Toettcher said yesterday on 98.5 The Sports Hub, “It looked like some kind of Nazi rally. . . . So lily-white is what I’m trying to say. Yeah, Stepford Wives.”

Station spokesman Cha-Chi Loprete said the station “received no inquiries regarding” the morning drive-time show and declined further comment. Efforts to reach Toettcher for comment were unsuccessful.

Dan Gainor, vice president for business and culture for the Media Reseach Center, a Washington, D.C.-based media watchdog group, said it’s “stunning” that Toettcher didn’t lose his job.

“It’s an amazing double standard,” Gainor said. “The left has decided to hate Tim Tebow for nothing more than the fact that he’s a good guy who tries to live an ethical and religious life.”

Conservatives have been repeatedly accused of racism for opposing President Obama’s initiatives, while conservative talk show hosts often face demands that they apologize or be fired for tasteless remarks.

In 2007, shock jock Don Imus was fired by CBS Radio - which owns WBZ-FM - after making racial slurs about black players on a women’s college basketball team.

Boston University political expert Thomas Whalen said these kinds of comments are “almost inevitable.”

“Civil discourse in this country now is at such a new low that it doesn’t matter if you’re on the left or the right,” Whalen said.

Tebow, who played for the University of Florida Gators and was drafted Thursday by the Denver Broncos, has been mocked for his strong Christian faith and for appearing with his mother in a controversial pro-life Super Bowl ad. In March, Tebow dined in the North End with Patriots [team stats] coach Bill Belichick, setting off a firestorm of speculation the Patriots might draft him.

Bruce Schulman, a Boston University political history professor, called Toettcher’s remarks “tasteless and inappropriate.”

“In Massachusetts, there’s a certain subset of the sports fans that are culturally uncomfortable with the Evangelical Christian subculture of football in the South and the Southwest,” Schulman said.

http://news.bostonherald.com/news/regional/view.bg?articleid=1249623&format=text

TXBRONC
04-27-2010, 02:50 PM
This guys sounds like he's a pimple on the ass of society.

If anyone is racist pig it's that jackass and his employer.

Dreadnought
04-27-2010, 02:51 PM
This guys sounds like he's a pimple on the ass of society.

That is an unfair slander against pimples

dogfish
04-27-2010, 02:53 PM
right, because everyone who's white is a nazi. . .

dumb ****ing jackass!

TXBRONC
04-27-2010, 02:54 PM
That is an unfair slander against pimples

Sorry I'll go right now and sign myself up for a sensitivity class.:tsk:

Northman
04-27-2010, 02:54 PM
Damn nappy headed hoes.

topscribe
04-27-2010, 02:55 PM
That was a stupid remark by the guy, for sure.

Nonetheless, it was nothing more than that: a stupid remark. Truly, I'm getting
tired of a society in which one has to walk on eggs to watch what one is saying.
It's getting to where it seems one must be afraid to express one's opinion . . .

-----

claymore
04-27-2010, 02:56 PM

tired of a society in which one has to walk on eggs to watch what one is saying.
It's getting to where it seems one must be afraid to express one's opinion . . .

-----

What were the Nazi's like Top? Back in the olden days were you guys concerned?

Dreadnought
04-27-2010, 02:59 PM

Nazi's? Top fought against guys with Confederate flags - when they were actually being carried by Confederates! He goes back way further than that

Northman
04-27-2010, 02:59 PM

:lol:

Yea, i think Top was about 25 then. Must of been scary.

milehigh
04-27-2010, 03:00 PM
Could care less what this guy thinks. Don't get the hate for Tim Tebow as a person.

camdisco24
04-27-2010, 03:01 PM
Some people are just so bitter...
and it seems like its always the same type of people who spew the non stop negativity...
Such a disgrace.

SOCALORADO.
04-27-2010, 03:10 PM
Some people are just so bitter...
and it seems like its always the same type of people who spew the non stop negativity...
Such a disgrace.

Yeah, theres this strange nazi, commie, marxist, totalitarian, power tripping inferiority complex, weirdo mentality that has been festering in a group of sub-humans for a long time now. Suddenly there all over spouting lunatic fringe crap all day.

This guy should spontaneously combust any moment from Tebows awsomeness.

jhildebrand
04-27-2010, 03:10 PM
I think the saying goes:

"Don't hate the player, hate the game" :lol:

GGMoogly
04-27-2010, 03:15 PM
TimTebow brushes away the critics like he would dandruff - if he had any. He is a colossus who strides the Earth, setting off seismographs where ever he walks. He is Tebow!:rockon:

slim
04-27-2010, 03:26 PM
The Maurkice Pouncey draft party looked a little like a gay orgy, IMO.

topscribe
04-27-2010, 04:05 PM

Nazi's? Top fought against guys with Confederate flags - when they were actually being carried by Confederates! He goes back way further than that

:lol:

Yea, i think Top was about 25 then. Must of been scary.

Okay, I have just one thing to say to you guys:

http://i258.photobucket.com/albums/hh256/AZDynamics/Goofies/BlowItOutYour--.jpg

:heh:

-----

Benetto
04-27-2010, 04:09 PM
It looked more like a douche convention, than a Nazi rally.

Baby blue tee's and trendy tanned 20 year olds everywhere.

SOCALORADO.
04-27-2010, 04:11 PM
It looked more like a douche convention, than a Nazi rally.

Baby blue tee's and trendy tanned 20 year olds everywhere.

Sorta like a Laker Game.

Benetto
04-27-2010, 04:14 PM
Sorta like a Laker Game.

When I'm not in attendance...I always wear my authentic Atwater throwback to Laker games. :drinking:

LMAO..but yeah..

SOCALORADO.
04-27-2010, 04:19 PM
When I'm not in attendance...I always wear my authentic Atwater throwback to Laker games.

Keepin it real, yo. :defense:

weazel
04-27-2010, 04:20 PM
I have to face the truth... I am a honky

and a cracker!

topscribe
04-27-2010, 04:20 PM
And now we have the expected apology:

http://news.bostonherald.com/business/media/view/20100426toucher_apologizes_for_tebow_nazi_remark/

Looks as if they guy would like to keep his job . . .

-----

SOCALORADO.
04-27-2010, 04:23 PM
And now we have the expected apology:

http://news.bostonherald.com/business/media/view/20100426toucher_apologizes_for_tebow_nazi_remark/

Looks as if they guy would like to keep his job . . .

-----

Well, we are in a bit of a recession....or depression.
Not to Worry! Tebow will have this economy thing ironed out in no time!
Millions of americans will be working, making Tebow jerseys for export to the world in no time!

TXBRONC
04-27-2010, 04:59 PM
Well, we are in a bit of a recession....or depression.
Not to Worry! Tebow will have this economy thing ironed out in no time!
Millions of americans will be working, making Tebow jerseys for export to the world in no time!

And in Tim Freakin Tebow's spare time he's working on cures for cancer and and male pattern baldness.

T.K.O.
04-27-2010, 05:07 PM
where's al sharpton when ya' need him ?

LoyalSoldier
04-27-2010, 05:23 PM

Dude that was at least his second war. He was fighting them Red Coats and I think the French before that.

TXBRONC
04-27-2010, 05:30 PM
Dude that was at least his second war. He was fighting them Red Coats and I think the French before that.

Hell he was there when Julius Caesar conquered Gaul.

spikerman
04-27-2010, 05:50 PM
And in Tim Freakin Tebow's spare time he's working on cures for cancer and and male pattern baldness.

Chuck Norris is afraid of Tim Tebow.

Shazam!
04-27-2010, 05:50 PM
I really believe his strong belief is the reason why he's slammed by so many 'experts and analysts' in the media and on ESPN. It has nothing to do with his mechanics.

TXBRONC
04-27-2010, 06:12 PM
I really believe his strong belief is the reason why he's slammed by so many 'experts and analysts' in the media and on ESPN. It has nothing to do with his mechanics.

I don't think so Shaz. There are a lot of analysts that saw his mechanics as a problem that he needed to work on. If wasn't problem why did Tim Freakin Tebow spend the last two months working on correcting flaws in his delivery?

Shazam!
04-27-2010, 06:15 PM
Mechanics, motion, footwork, etc. are all issues that are coachable and can be corrected with coaching. For so many 'experts' to say 'This guy wont make it in the NFL' is absurd, especially when 'experts' are wrong more than half the time. Was he picked too high? That is possible and I wont argue that point.

BigDaddyBronco
04-27-2010, 06:20 PM

Tim Tebow has been sleeping with the lights on since he was a small child, not because he is afraid of the dark, but because the dark is afraid of him...

slim
04-27-2010, 06:22 PM
It is scientifically impossible for Tim Tebow to have had a mortal father. The most popular theory is that he went back in time and fathered himself.

BigDaddyBronco
04-27-2010, 06:23 PM
Tebow's favorite;

Tim Tebow can believe it's not butter.

TXBRONC
04-27-2010, 06:32 PM
Mechanics, motion, footwork, etc. are all issues that are coachable and can be corrected with coaching. For so many 'experts' to say 'This guy wont make it in the NFL' is absurd, especially when 'experts' are wrong more than half the time. Was he picked too high? That is possible and I wont argue that point.

Yes mechanic, footwork, motion, etc are all issues that coachable that doesn't necessarily mean that a guy can become a great quarterback. What we need to find out is can learn to read a defense and make good decisions in the blink of an eye. Those two things remain to been seen. I am hoping that he can. McDaniels spent a lot of draft capital just to draft this kid so I hope Tebow becomes our franchise quarterback.

If it were true that experts are wrong more times than they are right all 32 teams would have quarterback the caliber of Payton Manning or Tom Brady.

TXBRONC
04-27-2010, 06:35 PM
Tebow's favorite;

Tim Tebow can believe it's not butter.

Oh oh, Clay wont like that. He says he likes only real butter on his biscuits. :shocked:

GGMoogly
04-27-2010, 08:07 PM

Chuck Norris has Tim Tebow check for the Boogie Man!

spikerman
04-27-2010, 08:20 PM
Chuck Norris has Tim Tebow check for the Boogie Man!

Actually, The Boogie Man has Chuck Norris check for Tim Tebow.

nevcraw
04-27-2010, 08:26 PM
a bit OT but.. the Nazi comment was child's play - Atleast they didn't ask if his mother was a prostitute..

http://sports.espn.go.com/dallas/nfl/news/story?id=5140313

It amazes me Dez did not kill Ireland.. I think he turns out ok..

Kapaibro
04-27-2010, 08:38 PM
right, because everyone who's white is a nazi. . .

dumb ****ing jackass!

wait a minute...

You mean all white folks ain't nazis?

Well durn it all

Maybe they were just Klan?

No

Hmmmm, shucks, mayhaps his family are just white, which given that Tebow himself is white, is strong genetic possibility.

Timmy!
04-27-2010, 09:17 PM
On a scale of 1-Tim Tebow, I give this thread about a 7.

dogfish
04-27-2010, 09:46 PM

enh, i wouldn't go that far. . . that's an over-correction. . .

did it have something to do with it? it's certainly possible-- he can come off as a bit self-righteous at times, if you're prone to that perception-- sunshine and light all the time personalities just rub some people the wrong way. . . especially if they're old, bitter, cynical and over-caffeinated. . .

but that doesn't mean that there aren't legitimate concerns about his mechanics. . . it's certainly not like he's the only high-profile QB prospect who's ever been scrutinized over the issue. . . it's fairly common, and it shouldn't be a bit surprising that his unconventional delivery and mechanics have been questioned. . .

i'm not saying that he has no chance of getting past it-- that's a silly exaggeration that's only made by fanboys or smack talkers-- but i don't think it's inaccurate to say that, everything considered, he has a more complicated transition ahead of him than a kid that played in a pro style offense like claussen. . .

tebow just has more to work on. . . i'm sure we all feel comfortable that he's going to put in the effort, but i think people do need to be realistic about the odds that he puts it all together overnight just because he's a hard worker. . . there's more to it than that, and a lot of that only comes with experience. . .

TXBRONC
04-27-2010, 10:15 PM
enh, i wouldn't go that far. . . that's an over-correction. . .

did it have something to do with it? it's certainly possible-- he can come off as a bit self-righteous at times, if you're prone to that perception-- sunshine and light all the time personalities just rub some people the wrong way. . . especially if they're old, bitter, cynical and over-caffeinated. . .

but that doesn't mean that there aren't legitimate concerns about his mechanics. . . it's certainly not like he's the only high-profile QB prospect who's ever been scrutinized over the issue. . . it's fairly common, and it shouldn't be a bit surprising that his unconventional delivery and mechanics have been questioned. . .

i'm not saying that he has no chance of getting past it-- that's a silly exaggeration that's only made by fanboys or smack talkers-- but i don't think it's inaccurate to say that, everything considered, he has a more complicated transition ahead of him than a kid that played in a pro style offense like claussen. . .

tebow just has more to work on. . . i'm sure we all feel comfortable that he's going to put in the effort, but i think people do need to be realistic about the odds that he puts it all together overnight just because he's a hard worker. . . there's more to it than that, and a lot of that only comes with experience. . .

Yeah I feel comfortable that Tebow is going to put in the effort to get better and I know he already has put in a lot work so that he can improve. After we drafted him Mayock mentioned that Tebow had already made a lot improvement from time of the Senior Bowl. He even showed some his pro day film and point out the Tim Freakin Tebow had made corrections to his throwing motion and that he was putting the ball right on the money with his throws. That being said, he still has a long way to go before he's ready to challenge Orton to be the starter.

Broncolingus
04-27-2010, 10:25 PM
'Nappy Headed Hoes' comment = fired (and yes, eventually re-hired)...

'Nazi Party' comment = uh...nothing

Wow...the course this country's on...:tsk:

Lonestar
04-27-2010, 10:34 PM
Toucher’ apologizes for Tebow ‘Nazi’ remark

By Jessica Heslam
Tuesday, April 27, 2010 - Updated 18h ago
+ Recent Articles + Recent Blog Entries + Email + Bio
E-mail Print (133) Comments Text size Share Buzz up!
A Boston sports radio host apologized on the air yesterday for likening Tim Tebow’s NFL draft party to a “Nazi rally,” saying he regretted making the remark.

Fred “Toucher” Toettcher, who co-hosts the morning-drive program “Toucher & Rich” on 98.5 The Sports Hub, told listeners he made some remarks about Tebow’s draft party that “ended up offending some people.”

“I truly, truly can tell you that was not my intention. I apologize to you that were offended,” Toettcher said at the end of his four-hour show.

“I just apologize, and I regret what I said,” he added.

During Friday’s show, Toettcher decribed Tebow’s party, saying “it looked like some kind of Nazi rally. . . . So lily-white is what I’m trying to say. Yeah, Stepford Wives,” the Herald reported Saturday.

A Heisman Trophy winner who played for the University of Florida Gators, Tebow was the first-round draft pick of the Denver Broncos.

Cha-Chi Loprete, a spokesman for the CBS-owned radio station, WBZ-FM, confirmed Toettcher apologized but declined further comment yesterday. Toettcher was unavailable for an interview.

Toettcher and Rich Shertenlieb - who wasn’t on Friday’s show because he was out of state - recently inked a multiyear deal to stay at the sports radio station, which debuted in August.

bcbronc
04-27-2010, 10:52 PM

or, conversely, it is Tebow's strong belief that has caused all the "conservative warriors" to jump head first into the Tebow koolaid. I mean it sounds like you are saying there are no issues at all with his mechanics and it's just haters hatin.

simple fact is, NFL history is littered with QBs who had phenomenal college careers based on superior physical traits who couldn't adapt when those physical traits no longer gave them a decided advantage. this is where my biggest concerns lay, even more so than his mechanics. how is he going to react when he can't put his shoulder down and bull through linebackers anymore? or when he can't outrun pressure to pick up a first down?

he's not a guy that has failed very often in life, but EVERY rookie meets some failure in the NFL. how will he deal with it? Will he start squeezing the ball so tight it pops? Will he burn himself out trying to work his way through every little hiccup? and if so, will he decided life is too short and valuable to spend it living in a black cloud of frustration, and just walk away to build churches in Africa?

there are a ton of legitimate questions regarding Tebow that will get answered over the next couple of years . so let's not get carried away by saying anyone who questions how Tebow's skillset will transfer to the NFL is doing so because of some ulterior motives.

jhildebrand
04-27-2010, 11:15 PM
Insinuating anybody is a nazi or using that term the way he did is very serious. It has gotten many fired and deservedly so. The comment was meant for nothing more than to do damage and or push the envelope. I don't know who he is but I can almost guarantee that there is more "racist" comments or undertones that have come from this guy or will.

MileHiWildcat
04-27-2010, 11:36 PM
Being a Liberal means never having to say you are sorry.

tomjonesrocks
04-28-2010, 12:38 AM
wut?

Shazam!
04-28-2010, 12:40 AM
'Nappy Headed Hoes' comment = fired (and yes, eventually re-hired)...

'Nazi Party' comment = uh...nothing

Wow...the course this country's on...

If TT was black... woah.

KyleOrtonArmySoldier#128
04-28-2010, 01:22 AM
Well I wouldn't say nazi rally or stepford wives...but when I saw the draft party the very first thing I noticed was the lilly white atmosphere. All I know is tebow and his family have traveled the world spreading their beliefs and have gone far outside their racial circle - to accuse them of racism is pretty much beyond ridiculous.

sneakers
04-28-2010, 02:53 AM
I don't think he knows what a Nazi rally is.

sneakers
04-28-2010, 02:54 AM
Being a Liberal means never having to say you are sorry.

I'm sorry you feel that way.

Dirk
04-28-2010, 07:04 AM
I don't think so Shaz. There are a lot of analysts that saw his mechanics as a problem that he needed to work on. If wasn't problem why did Tim Freakin Tebow spend the last two months working on correcting flaws in his delivery?

Phillip Rivers got a lot of the same. He wasn't going to be good in the NFL. He proved them all wrong and is a top 10 QB.

A player taken at any point in the draft isn't a gimme to be a starter. It all depends on if they can make that transition to the NFL.

Dirk
04-28-2010, 07:08 AM
Well I wouldn't say nazi rally or stepford wives...but when I saw the draft party the very first thing I noticed was the lilly white atmosphere.

I didn't see that at all. I saw a man with his family around him and friends.

So when a black player was drafted did this guy say...."wow, it looked like a black panther rally".

But of course, I was told by one of my best friends (who is black) that black people can't be racist, only white people can. And he was serious.

Double standard through and through.

TXBRONC
04-28-2010, 07:49 AM
Phillip Rivers got a lot of the same. He wasn't going to be good in the NFL. He proved them all wrong and is a top 10 QB.

A player taken at any point in the draft isn't a gimme to be a starter. It all depends on if they can make that transition to the NFL.

Yeah, Rivers has goofy delivery as well but I don't recall the talking heads saying that he wouldn't make. I'm not denying it I just don't remember hearing anything like that. Rivers was a top 5 pick in the draft so if were to be a bust it would have worse monetarily for the Chargers than it would be for the Broncos should Tebow not make it.

KyleOrtonArmySoldier#128
04-28-2010, 07:55 AM
So when a black player was drafted did this guy say...."wow, it looked like a black panther rally".

I have no idea, I had never even heard of the guy until this incident, I still don't know his name or race or care.

But of course, I was told by one of my best friends (who is black) that black people can't be racist, only white people can. And he was serious.

That's preposterous, every race is racist, blacks are no exception. If you're black blacks will either call you "lite brite" or "midnight" depending on your complexion.

Double standard through and through.
I know, racism sucks for anybody involved. You would think our society would have progressed out of this by now, segregation ended almost 50 years ago. :tsk:

Nomad
04-28-2010, 07:57 AM
Yeah, Rivers has goofy delivery as well but I don't recall the talking heads saying that he wouldn't make. I'm not denying it I just don't remember hearing anything like that. Rivers was a top 5 pick in the draft so if were to be a bust it would have worse monetarily for the Chargers than it would be for the Broncos should Tebow not make it.

Who does this describe:

Tebow
E Manning
Rivers
Other

POSITIVES: Play-making quarterback with a great feel for the position and game. Sets in the pocket with solid footwork, does a terrific job selling the ball fakes then scans the field, buying as much time as possible. Patient, in total control of the offense and makes smart decisions. Natural looking off the safety, stands strong against the rush and works hard to make positive plays. Sharp and accurate in the short game; leads receivers on crossing patters, puts zip on intermediate throws and has a great sense of timing. Knows were the receivers are on the field and puts passes where only his wide outs can make the reception. Instinctive, possesses great football intelligence and a leader in every sense of the word.

NEGATIVES: Has a terrible throwing motion that is best described as awkward. Pushes the ball or whips it from the side and falls out of his throws. Looks like he's throwing a heavy ball and constantly changes his point of release. Cannot drive the deep pass and not accurate down the field.

ANALYSIS: *********** is the type of prospect that will draw much debate and discussion leading up to and after draft day. While many criticize his mechanics and throwing fundamentals, you can not overlook his accuracy or ability to lead a team. May not be a quarterback for everyone and can only fit certain schemes,.

SOCALORADO.
04-28-2010, 08:06 AM
Who does this describe:

Tebow
E Manning
Rivers
Other

POSITIVES: Play-making quarterback with a great feel for the position and game. Sets in the pocket with solid footwork, does a terrific job selling the ball fakes then scans the field, buying as much time as possible. Patient, in total control of the offense and makes smart decisions. Natural looking off the safety, stands strong against the rush and works hard to make positive plays. Sharp and accurate in the short game; leads receivers on crossing patters, puts zip on intermediate throws and has a great sense of timing. Knows were the receivers are on the field and puts passes where only his wide outs can make the reception. Instinctive, possesses great football intelligence and a leader in every sense of the word.

NEGATIVES: Has a terrible throwing motion that is best described as awkward. Pushes the ball or whips it from the side and falls out of his throws. Looks like he's throwing a heavy ball and constantly changes his point of release. Cannot drive the deep pass and not accurate down the field.

ANALYSIS: *********** is the type of prospect that will draw much debate and discussion leading up to and after draft day. While many criticize his mechanics and throwing fundamentals, you can not overlook his accuracy or ability to lead a team. May not be a quarterback for everyone and can only fit certain schemes,.

RIVERS

He has that "shot put" style

Nomad
04-28-2010, 08:11 AM
RIVERS

I guess it was a given :lol:but alot of the same arguments against him are said about Tebow and IMO rivers has proved them wrong! But listening to sports radio and reading what people have to say about his negatives and if someone doen't remember what wa said about Rivers back then, they're saying the same thing about Tebow. Rivers has proven to a solid NFL QB besides what the negatives and critics said about him at the beginning! I'm willing to give Tebow a chance before shooting him down because if he can be close to what rivers is then denver will have a solid QB for years to come!!

SOCALORADO.
04-28-2010, 08:35 AM
I guess it was a given :lol:but alot of the same arguments against him are said about Tebow and IMO rivers has proved them wrong! But listening to sports radio and reading what people have to say about his negatives and if someone doen't remember what wa said about Rivers back then, they're saying the same thing about Tebow. Rivers has proven to a solid NFL QB besides what the negatives and critics said about him at the beginning! I'm willing to give Tebow a chance before shooting him down because if he can be close to what rivers is then denver will have a solid QB for years to come!!

Tim Tebow is Steve Young all over again.
Hes bigger than the average QB, he can take off and run at any moment, hes the vocal leader on the field and off, and he doesnt have the perfect throwing motion, but he has a strong arm, he always gets it there, and its accurate.

Broncolingus
04-28-2010, 09:13 AM
If TT was black... woah.

Yup...

...dude would have been fired the same day AND it would still be one of the top stories on every news site around...

KyleOrtonArmySoldier#128
04-28-2010, 09:26 AM
Yup...

...dude would have been fired the same day AND it would still be one of the top stories on every news site around...

While you've got the magic 8 ball handy...

bcbronc
04-28-2010, 11:11 PM

on the other hand, when the Chargers acquired Rivers, they also acquired a bunch of other picks to go along with him, while it cost us three picks to get the pick we used to draft Tebow.

dogfish
04-29-2010, 01:08 AM
Who does this describe:

Tebow
E Manning
Rivers
Other

RIVERS

yea, that was pretty obviously rivers. . .

and while the point about awkward deliveries not being a guarantee of failure has some validity, i don't think rivers is really a great comparison for tebow as a prospect. . . rivers' delivery is awkward, but his release was never slow-- tebow's will definitely need improvement, which is why people want him to shorten his delivery. . . passing from different arm angles and release points isn't a fatal flaw-- in fact, QBs have to be able to do those things to succeed at the NFL level, where they can't stand behind impervious OLs. . .

i think vince young is a much better comparison, both in terms of their athletic ability, and their college success and the drive and leadership they showed in winning big games at that level. . .

when i look at tebow now, i see a young steve mcnair. . .

dogfish
04-29-2010, 01:09 AM
on the other hand, when the Chargers acquired Rivers, they also acquired a bunch of other picks to go along with him, while it cost us three picks to get the pick we used to draft Tebow.

too bad we weren't SHITTY enough to acquire the top pick in the draft, unlike san diego, huh?

;)

Lonestar
04-29-2010, 02:21 AM
too bad we weren't SHITTY enough to acquire the top pick in the draft, unlike san diego, huh?

;) IIRC a couple three times.:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Overtime
04-29-2010, 01:36 PM
don't care for Tebow or his worthless passing mechanics, but this is taking shit too far.

unfortunately, this is America, and people can say what they want, and form their opinions, but that doesn't make it right.

BroncoNut
04-29-2010, 01:45 PM

-----

it can be a bit ridiculous. It is really bad out here in the DC area. instead of retarded, it's intellectually disabled now. On the flip side, I've noticed that it's now O.K for people to use the word "retarded" when saying something or someone is stupid. Like to say "that's a retarded comment" or "quit acting like a retard" is acceptable, or seems to be.

BroncoNut
04-29-2010, 01:47 PM
just a stupid comment. Not sure what he meant by it as I imagine a nazi rally to be rather fervent. I haven't seen the Tebow partiers.