PDA

View Full Version : Broncos, Jets define character differently

HORSEPOWER 56
04-26-2010, 08:39 PM
Somebody posted this over on mania and it really made me stop and think how far we've come. Thought you guys and gals would like it.

http://nfl.fanhouse.com/2010/04/23/broncos-jets-define-character-differently/

Broncos, Jets Define Character Differently

4/23/2010 5:24 PM ET By David Whitley

Circle October 17 on your NFL calendar. It will be Truth, Justice and the American Way vs. the Jets. New York fans won't quite circle it that way. They'll look at the schedule and see the Broncos. But the game will be a clash of philosophies that extend beyond football. New York believes in talent; Denver believes in character. That much has become clear through trades and the draft. To put it in simple numbers, the Jets signed a player who has fathered seven children by six women in five states. The Broncos drafted the world's only 22-year-old football superstar virgin.

Who would you rather see triumph? (Note: New York can't stuff the ballot box by allowing Antonio Cromartie's children to vote). I'm not one of Cromartie's children, nor am I a Broncos fan. I just prefer players who act like adults and organizations that encourage responsible behavior. Then there's New York, the official petri dish of the NFL. Rex Ryan is seeing how much fungus he can cultivate before it devours the team. You have Cromartie, who certainly knows how to replicate. You have Santonio Holmes, who'll be suspended the first four games for violating the league's substance abuse policy. Last season, Ryan picked up Braylon Edwards, who prima donna'd his way out of Cleveland. On Thursday, the Jets drafted Boise State cornerback Kyle Wilson despite the fact he has no criminal record. He was suspended three games as a freshman, so there's always hope.

Contrast that with Denver, where Josh McDaniels has spent his first year cleaning the petri dish. He got rid of high-maintenance quarterback Jay Cutler and low-life receiver Brandon Marshall. Denver hopes to eventually replace them with first-round picks Tim Tebow (please genuflect) and Demaryius Thomas. For his efforts, McDaniels is being called an egomaniacal dictator who'd rather run a convent than a football team.

Ryan is generally hailed as a rambling, gambling rebel. His cause is to win a Super Bowl, which is all that matters to most fans. I think this bad boy freight train is going to derail. They usually do. Sure, the Cowboys of the early '90s had plenty of character-challenged players. But Jimmy Johnson uniquely managed to maintain a team-first approach. When Barry Switzer brought in his brand of Oklahoma discipline, the Cowboys' dynasty dissolved. Jerry Jones thinks it could have been revived had he drafted Randy Moss in 1998. He's still kicking himself for being scared off by all those red flags, which explains why the Cowboys just drafted Dez Bryant. His bad-apple credentials resulted from a troubled childhood featuring a teenage mom who reportedly dealt drugs.

It sounds a lot like Thomas, whose mother and grandmother went to prison on drug charges. The difference is Thomas didn't use that as an excuse to become a knucklehead. "I didn't want to be that guy that is always talked about that he's a bad guy," he said. "So I just put myself around the right crowd."

If nothing else, Denver won't have to worry about its new receiver getting into an argument with the wrong crowd. Marshall did, and one of the thugs gunned down teammate Darrent Williams with bullets intended for Marshall. But as long as he catches 21 passes a game, what's a little gangland shooting, right? Marshall is now Miami's migraine. The Dolphins got him for about 25 cents on the dollar from Denver. That overrode Bill Parcells' proclamation that "I don't want thugs and hoodlums on the team." Miami figures Big Tuna will provide the parental guidance Marshall needs to stop getting arrested. Surrounding problem children with the proper locker room structure sometimes works.

Moss behaved once he got to New England. His interest waned when Tom Brady got hurt. It vanished last year after Bill Belichick sent him home after being late for practice. Moss responded by catching one pass against Carolina, whose defensive backs openly accused him of "shutting it down." When the going gets tough, the Moss stops going.

So does the Cromartie. He was a stud in 2007. Maybe it was all those PTA meetings, but by last season he'd become a wimp. His matador tackle allowed Shonn Green to cruise 53 yards for the pivotal score in the playoff game against the Jets. Now he's taking that attitude to New York. Cromartie and Holmes are playing for contracts, which should help. If that fails, Jets management thinks Ryan has the babysitting skills necessary.

All I know is Pittsburgh was dying to get rid of Holmes, San Diego was happy to dump Cromartie and Denver's police department won't miss Marshall. And, as always, their new teams think they got a steal. We'll see. Self-centered people eventually lose focus on the team. They stop trying when they're down by 13 in the fourth quarter. They revert to who they are.

So do players like Tebow and Thomas. That's why I hope the Broncos' approach prevails far beyond October.

I'd like to think the Jets' locker room will come apart in December. I'd like to think Denver's new guys will out-perform the old ones.

Most of all, I'd like to think that character still matters.

:salute:

WARHORSE
04-26-2010, 08:48 PM
......and it does.

Character builds.

Selfishness brings unbalance.

Shazam!
04-26-2010, 08:58 PM
Broncos will beat the dog-assed Jets. I guarantee it. Now.

They got luck by the dumptruck full last year. That wont be happening this year.

camdisco24
04-26-2010, 09:03 PM
Love it.
McD's philosophy is awesome and I'm starting to understand it more and more. After round two I realized exactly what he was trying to do. The question now will be... How does it translate to the field??

My answer... Playoffs. a TEAM will get us there, and for the past few years I feel we had 80% TEAM and 20% "I's". We've gotten rid of most of the I's and its time to show what a difference it will make. I freakin' can't wait for this season. I have this great feeling about it....

KyleOrtonArmySoldier#128
04-26-2010, 09:18 PM
I was starting to forget that there ARE good writers in the world, thank you for bringing me GREAT writing. Take that colin cowherd you punk bitch!

ikillz0mbies
04-26-2010, 09:19 PM
Take that colin cowherd you punk bitch!

That's just hilarious!!! :lol:

KyleOrtonArmySoldier#128
04-26-2010, 09:48 PM
That's just hilarious!!! :lol:

It's my favorite show but I hate him so much!!!

Ziggy
04-26-2010, 09:50 PM
The Jets are about 2 years ahead of us in the personnel department. They have a great offensive line in place, a great defense, and a young, possible franchise QB with a year under his belt. Mike Tannenbaum has been working on that team for years, and they've been built from the inside out. The reason they can take guys like Cromrartie and Holmes is because they have already invested in the trenches. Denver is just starting that process.

In the end, I think the Jets will find out the hard way that bringing knuckleheads into the locker room is a good way to ruin team chemistry real quickly. Jerry Jones went through it in Dallas after Parcells left, and that team hasn't been the same since.

Northman
04-27-2010, 07:40 AM
After round two I realized exactly what he was trying to do. The question now will be... How does it translate to the field??

We will find out this year. Playoffs or Bust.

Northman
04-27-2010, 07:41 AM

Why? The guy is just honest. I love Colin even when he bashes the Broncos. The dude just lays it all out there.

Northman
04-27-2010, 07:43 AM
In the end, I think the Jets will find out the hard way that bringing knuckleheads into the locker room is a good way to ruin team chemistry real quickly. Jerry Jones went through it in Dallas after Parcells left, and that team hasn't been the same since.

Maybe, maybe not. Jones also dealt with Irvin for YEARS and in the meantime got 3 rings with those kind of guys. I highly doubt that if the Jets win a SB or two they will be crying that much about the players coming or going. We shall see.

SOCALORADO.
04-27-2010, 07:56 AM

You ever notice Coward constantly makes blanket statements all show?
About 10% of them are correct, or could be considered good advice in terms of sports. The rest are just the sarcastic babblings of an idiot who ruined himself and his family with his teeny, tiny little bit of fame.

SOCALORADO.
04-27-2010, 07:58 AM
Oh! Good article.

claymore
04-27-2010, 08:35 AM
One of the worst articles Ive ever read. I cant believe anyone would put DW's death on Marshall.

Effin unbelievable.

Northman
04-27-2010, 08:43 AM
One of the worst articles Ive ever read. I cant believe anyone would put DW's death on Marshall.

Effin unbelievable.

Well, its been noted that Marshall's cousin or brother or whatever was spraying champagne on the club crowd and that it might has escalated the incident to tragic proportions. There was evidently some jawing going on between the shooter and Marshall's group earlier in the night. If thats the case than one might consider that to be a key factor in the progression of the night. Did he pull the trigger? No. But if you keeping company with bad element people generally bad things are going to happen somewhere along the line.

claymore
04-27-2010, 08:47 AM
Well, its been noted that Marshall's cousin or brother or whatever was spraying champagne on the club crowd and that it might has escalated the incident to tragic proportions. There was evidently some jawing going on between the shooter and Marshall's group earlier in the night. If thats the case than one might consider that to be a key factor in the progression of the night. Did he pull the trigger? No. But if you keeping company with bad element people generally bad things are going to happen somewhere along the line.

A gang banging POS killed DW. Not Marshall. Whatever hack wrote this turd is an idiot.

Northman
04-27-2010, 08:56 AM
A gang banging POS killed DW. Not Marshall. Whatever hack wrote this turd is an idiot.

True, gang banger killed Williams. A gang banger who was pissed off at some actions by Marshall and company that led to the shooting. Its a lesson about being careful of what you do in life as you cannot control those around you. Its a tough lesson no doubt.

SOCALORADO.
04-27-2010, 08:58 AM
True, gang banger killed Williams. A gang banger who was pissed off at some actions by Marshall and company that led to the shooting. Its a lesson about being careful of what you do in life as you cannot control those around you. Its a tough lesson no doubt.

Your actions have consequences, yes? :coffee:

Northman
04-27-2010, 09:02 AM
Your actions have consequences, yes? :coffee:

Indeed. If i walk in a bar and call some biker dude a faggot i expect to have my teeth knocked out. For every action there is a reaction. Im sure Marshall and company thought that night was just about fun but not everyone is out looking for fun. Gang bangers are just looking for excuses to flex their muscles and hurt someone. Its sad that society and life is like that but thats the reality of the situation. Deserve has nothing to do with it. Each individual makes their choices in life and sometimes they have dire consequences that also affect other people.

SOCALORADO.
04-27-2010, 09:23 AM
Indeed. If i walk in a bar and call some biker dude a faggot i expect to have my teeth knocked out. For every action there is a reaction. Im sure Marshall and company thought that night was just about fun but not everyone is out looking for fun. Gang bangers are just looking for excuses to flex their muscles and hurt someone. Its sad that society and life is like that but thats the reality of the situation. Deserve has nothing to do with it. Each individual makes their choices in life and sometimes they have dire consequences that also affect other people.

In response, Tim Tebow says, "Be as shrewd as a viper and as innocent as a dove."

claymore
04-27-2010, 09:32 AM

It wasnt Marshall's fault. There is no magic way of knowing who is a murderer gang banging *****. So I dont know what lesson could possibly be learned.

broncobryce
04-27-2010, 09:42 AM
The lesson is, don't rattle the cage of a pit bull and expect not to get bit. Was it all Marshall's fault? No. Was "slipping on a mcdonalds bag" all Marshall's fault? I would argue no, shit happens. But why does shit always happen to Marshall?

claymore
04-27-2010, 09:44 AM
The lesson is, don't rattle the cage of a pit bull and expect not to get bit. Was it all Marshall's fault? No. Was "slipping on a mcdonalds bag" all Marshall's fault? I would argue no, shit happens. But why does shit always happen to Marshall?

Have you ever cut someone off in traffic? If so... does a good freind of yours deserve to die because of it?

SOCALORADO.
04-27-2010, 09:46 AM
It wasnt Marshall's fault. There is no magic way of knowing who is a murderer gang banging *****. So I dont know what lesson could possibly be learned.

http://www.imglols.com/wp-content/main/2009_04/wigger-42888.jpg
"Magic, murdering, crazy, gangbangers...........so crazy, dog. So crazy.

SOCALORADO.
04-27-2010, 09:57 AM
On a side note.
Every time i type in "wiggers" to retrieve a photo to make a funny, i am reminded of just how absolutely ass-backwards and completely screwed this culture is in general.

I mean seriously, if your kid came home lookin like this, would you not just take him down to the US Marines recruiter, and sign him up right then!?!?!?
http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e187/armagecko/Ultimate_wigger.jpg

claymore
04-27-2010, 10:01 AM
On a side note.
Every time i type in "wiggers" to retrieve a photo to make a funny, i am reminded of just how absolutely ass-backwards and completely screwed this culture is in general.

I mean seriously, if your kid came home lookin like this, would you not just take him down to the US Marines recruiter, and sign him up right then!?!?!?
http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e187/armagecko/Ultimate_wigger.jpg

I would slap the shit out of my kid for wearing his hat like that. What a dildo.

broncobryce
04-27-2010, 10:05 AM
Have you ever cut someone off in traffic? If so... does a good freind of yours deserve to die because of it?

No, but my point was he always seems to make bad decision after bad decision. So if I constantly drive like an idiot, and someone gets killed, I deserve some of the blame.

claymore
04-27-2010, 10:10 AM
No, but my point was he always seems to make bad decision after bad decision. So if I constantly drive like an idiot, and someone gets killed, I deserve some of the blame.

Marshall wasnt a constant idiot. It just gets exagerated here.

If you drive like an idiot, and a gang banger hunts down your freind and murders him later, you deserve no blame. The gangbanger was a murdering POS before you were ever involved.

If you drive off a cliff and your freind is in the car with you, you deserve blame.

KyleOrtonArmySoldier#128
04-27-2010, 10:38 AM
If marshall and his little homie weren't arguing with those thugs they never would have sprayed him and missed and killed darrent williams. Distribute the blame anyway you want but Marshall was the only one who provoked the shooting - he knew damn well who he was arguing with. Whatever way you slice it up marshall argued with a dude and darrent took the bullet for it, he is now dead after having nothing to do with Marshall's incident.

turftoad
04-27-2010, 10:41 AM
If marshall and his little homie weren't arguing with those thugs they never would have sprayed him and missed and killed darrent williams. Distribute the blame anyway you want but Marshall was the only one who provoked the shooting - he knew damn well who he was arguing with. Whatever way you slice it up marshall argued with a dude and darrent took the bullet for it, he is now dead after having nothing to do with Marshall's incident.

Jeez, you must have been there at the scene. :tsk:

You/me/no one knows how it all went down, to blame Marshall by himself is just stupid speculation.

KyleOrtonArmySoldier#128
04-27-2010, 10:48 AM
Jeez, you must have been there at the scene. :tsk:

You/me/no one knows how it all went down, to blame Marshall by himself is just stupid speculation.

I blame the shooter(s) first and foremost, but Marshall and his friend need to share a bit of the responsibility for sure. These charcters didn't decide to just spray the car up because they were bored, they had been fighting with marshall and his boy and darrent williams took a few in his jacket as a result. Clearly Marshall must take a piece of the blame.

claymore
04-27-2010, 10:49 AM

Dont be ridiculous.

claymore
04-27-2010, 10:52 AM
I blame the shooter(s) first and foremost, but Marshall and his friend need to share a bit of the responsibility for sure. These charcters didn't decide to just spray the car up because they were bored, they had been fighting with marshall and his boy and darrent williams took a few in his jacket as a result. Clearly Marshall must take a piece of the blame.

They didnt commit the crime. The deserve no blame.

KyleOrtonArmySoldier#128
04-27-2010, 10:55 AM
They didnt commit the crime. The deserve no blame.

They provoked the crime, they don't deserve to be held accountable for murder but they DO need to be held accountable for being ******* MORONS.

KyleOrtonArmySoldier#128
04-27-2010, 10:58 AM
But it's not his fault, he probably slipped on a big mac rapper!!!!

claymore
04-27-2010, 11:04 AM
They provoked the crime, they don't deserve to be held accountable for murder but they DO need to be held accountable for being ******* MORONS.

If willie clark didnt want champagne spilled on him he shouldnt have been i a bar on new years.

Marshall was being a kid. DW died because Clark is a POS. thats it. no one else is responsible.

TXBRONC
04-27-2010, 11:12 AM

You don't what happened in that bar anymore than anyone else on this board.

KyleOrtonArmySoldier#128
04-27-2010, 11:23 AM
If willie clark didnt want champagne spilled on him he shouldnt have been i a bar on new years.

Marshall was being a kid. DW died because Clark is a POS. thats it. no one else is responsible.

Ok, that's a good way to put it, I see what you mean now. Yeah, shit happens, arguments happen and if the unthinkable is to happen as a result I shouldn't blame marshall for probably what he views as a normal argument. hmmm. Yeah I'm gonna say you're right on this one captain trailer house.

geez this gives me alot to think about.

TXBRONC
04-27-2010, 11:26 AM
Ok, that's a good way to put it, I see what you mean now. Yeah, shit happens, arguments happen and if the unthinkable is to happen as a result I shouldn't blame marshall for probably what he views as a normal argument. hmmm. Yeah I'm gonna say you're right on this one captain trailer house.

geez this gives me alot to think about.

Good I hope you learn something today. :salute:

SOCALORADO.
04-27-2010, 11:26 AM
http://stephencjensen.com//wp-content/uploads/2009/06/brick-loud-noises-b.jpg

TXBRONC
04-27-2010, 11:27 AM
http://stephencjensen.com//wp-content/uploads/2009/06/brick-loud-noises-b.jpg

What did you say? I can't hear you. :D

MNPatsFan
04-27-2010, 11:28 AM
I know very little about this tragedy, so I am not taking a position one way or the other.

However, the discussion made me curious so let me lay out a hypothetical or two and obtain your feedback or opinion as to who you would blame:

You (21 yrs or older so legal) buy several drinks/shots for a friend (21 or over so legal) who is/appears drunk. That friend then drives home drunk, getting in an accident and killing one or more people. Do you have any blame for the lethal accident?

You and some friends are out at one or more bars celebrating the birthday fo another friend who just turned 21 so EVERYONE is of legal drinking age. You and your friends keep buying drinks and shots for the friend who just turned 21. Those buying the drinks are not obviously drunk. The friend who just turned 21 dies that night of alcohol poisoning.

Do you and your friends have any blame for the death of your friend?
How about the bar(s)?

What are your thoughts and opinions?

KyleOrtonArmySoldier#128
04-27-2010, 11:58 AM
Good I hope you learn something today. :salute:

Same to you bruh. :salute:

TXBRONC
04-27-2010, 12:02 PM
I know very little about this tragedy, so I am not taking a position one way or the other.

However, the discussion made me curious so let me lay out a hypothetical or two and obtain your feedback or opinion as to who you would blame:

You (21 yrs or older so legal) buy several drinks/shots for a friend (21 or over so legal) who is/appears drunk. That friend then drives home drunk, getting in an accident and killing one or more people. Do you have any blame for the lethal accident?

You and some friends are out at one or more bars celebrating the birthday fo another friend who just turned 21 so EVERYONE is of legal drinking age. You and your friends keep buying drinks and shots for the friend who just turned 21. Those buying the drinks are not obviously drunk. The friend who just turned 21 dies that night of alcohol poisoning.

Do you and your friends have any blame for the death of your friend?
How about the bar(s)?

What are your thoughts and opinions?

Morally to a degree yes in both instances but as far legally I'm not sure how the law views it. However the persons who got behind the wheel are the ones that truly are responsible because they decided to get behind the wheel and that's why they rightfully bare the brunt of it.

There is big difference between your two scenarios and what happened with Marshall. The difference is that the people that got behind the wheel drunk didn't intend hurt anyone they are still responsible for their own actions. In Marshall's case no one put a gun in that gang banger's hand but himself. He intended to escalate the situation into murder not Marshall. And why? Because he got into a smack talkin pissing contest with Marshall and ended with a little champagne on himself at New Year's Eve party.

arapaho2
04-27-2010, 12:02 PM

why not blame the night club owner who allows known gangbangers, murderers and drug dealers into his club to mingle with sports celebraties wanting to have a fun night out:coffee:

marshalls cuz gets exzuberant and sprays champaign ...some gets on a gangster...he flips, starts a ruckus.... darrent leaves with a few other broncos...and the murderer rolls up and sprays the limo

but despite the known instance of DW's own cuz being a suspected gang member and him aurgueing with the suspects ...its all marshalls fault??:rolleyes:

some haters will make themselfs believe anything :lol:

TXBRONC
04-27-2010, 12:03 PM
Same to you bruh. :salute:

I don't know what a bruh is but I do try to learn something new everyday.

weazel
04-27-2010, 12:06 PM
I blame cancer on Brandon Marshall!

frauschieze
04-27-2010, 12:07 PM
Morally to a degree yes in both instances but as far legally I'm not sure how the law views it. However the persons who got behind the wheel are the ones that truly are responsible because they decided to get behind the wheel and that's why they rightfully bare the brunt of it.

I believe the first circumstance, you would be legally responsible. Bartenders are legally responsible if a patron they served was intoxicated and then killed themselves or someone else. People who host parties can be held legally responsible if they allowed someone to get behind the wheel drunk.

TXBRONC
04-27-2010, 12:15 PM
I blame cancer on Brandon Marshall!

And I blame you for all the infighting on the board because of your avatar. :D j/k

MNPatsFan
04-27-2010, 12:18 PM

There is big difference between your two scenarios and what happened with Marshall. The difference is that the people that got behind the wheel drunk didn't intend hurt anyone they are still responsible for their own actions. In Marshall's case no one put a gun in that gang banger's hand but himself. He intended to escalate the situation into murder not Marshall. And why? Because he got into a smack talkin pissing contest with Marshall and ended with a little champagne on himself at New Year's Eve party.Yes, I realize there is a HUGE difference and I am sorry if I didn't make it clear that I wasn't comparing the two. I know very little about the facts and circumstances that led to D Wills tragic death and therefore cannot and will not offer any thoughts or opinions on the situation and tragedy.

The discussion in here on the D Will tragedy, however, triggered my curiosity and thus my post and question because unfortunately, those two scenarios I asked about have occurred and been in the news here in MN several times in the past year or two.

In one of the cases, the family of the deceased recently turned 21 year-old commenced a civil suit against the bar(s) and the friends who kept buying the "guest of honor" drink/shot after drink/shot. Was curious what the thoughts and opinions of people on here would be.:salute:

arapaho2
04-27-2010, 12:22 PM
i for one cannot understand the tthought process in some people...no wonder some here applaud wasting several picks in this draft to get players that would have been available without wasting the picks

so because marshalls cuz supposedly sprays champaign around in a new years eve party..a cuuz thats a grown man..makes up his own mind and has the free will to controll his own actions

and it pisses off a known crimminal ...who then leaves with his buds

only to roll up on a limo with some bronco players in it...and open up with semi auto guns.....its somehow marshalls fault???:coffee:

so we are now changing the laws of common sense and sensibility.....so if you and a friend or relative ...are like walking down a street..and your partner unintentially waives his arms and hits a guy....who then walks around the corner all pissed off and opens up killing a innocent person....it can become your fault or you can be considered somewhat responsible because...your walking with your cuz or friend you accidentaly hit the guy who went out and killed someone

if thats the case we need more prisons..cause were all responsible for some type of crime...by association

SOCALORADO.
04-27-2010, 12:32 PM
http://jbaker42.files.wordpress.com/2010/02/harry-potter-expecto-patronum-298x300.jpg

broncobryce
04-27-2010, 12:34 PM
Didn't you guys hear/read Brandon's testimony of what happened? It was more then the champagne thing. I think he deserves SOME of the blame while the Ganbangers deserve the blame as well. You've heard of street smarts? You know, like you don't mess around with idiots who have nothing to lose when you have so much to lose? I don't want to keep arguing about it because we all have our opinions and that's fine, but don't you guys think Marshall has displayed questionable judgement multiple times? You guys act like he's a saint. And don't say I act like he's the devil, I am just saying he deserves blame for making bad choice after bad choice. If this was an isolated incident I would believe otherwise ala Rod Smith.

camdisco24
04-27-2010, 12:35 PM
Go Broncos!
:elefant::elefant::elefant::elefant::elefant:
:beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer:

broncobryce
04-27-2010, 12:35 PM
It takes two to fight.

Northman
04-27-2010, 01:53 PM

Probably the one that says its probably wise not to talk shit to a gang banger or too spray champagn on a crowd. Hell, im not even a gang banger and i know i dont want champagn raining down on me from som jackass.

Northman
04-27-2010, 01:58 PM
Marshall wasnt a constant idiot. It just gets exagerated here.

If you drive like an idiot, and a gang banger hunts down your freind and murders him later, you deserve no blame. The gangbanger was a murdering POS before you were ever involved.

If you drive off a cliff and your freind is in the car with you, you deserve blame.

Not even a close comparison. Now, if you and your friend are driving down the highway and you cut someone off which then leads to them open firing on you on that highway and they kill your friend than yes, some of the blame can be on you. It was noted that the gang banger said that he thought Williams was part of the same party as Marshall. So really, at that point the gang banger was going to try and kill ANYONE who was involved with Marshall's group.

Northman
04-27-2010, 02:03 PM
And why? Because he got into a smack talkin pissing contest with Marshall and ended with a little champagne on himself at New Year's Eve party.

And thus the reaction.

claymore
04-27-2010, 02:04 PM
Probably the one that says its probably wise not to talk shit to a gang banger or too spray champagn on a crowd. Hell, im not even a gang banger and i know i dont want champagn raining down on me from som jackass.

Marhsal couldnt possibly be responsible for a human being making the concious decision to murder another human being.

His actions might have set the ball in motion, but anything could have done that.

If you guys want to blame anyone besides Clarke, blame his parents.

slim
04-27-2010, 02:06 PM
Blame the man that pulled the trigger.

Northman
04-27-2010, 02:07 PM
His actions might have set the ball in motion,

Boom! Nail on the head. Thats all im saying here Clay.

Northman
04-27-2010, 02:08 PM
Blame the man that pulled the trigger.

Yea, i think we covered that.

claymore
04-27-2010, 02:13 PM
Boom! Nail on the head. Thats all im saying here Clay.

I understand your point, and Marshall might have started the ball rolling. But its not Marshall's fault a POS murdering bastage was at the club that night.

Its as much Marshall's fault for the champagne, as it is for Clarke's GF wanting to go to that club on that night (hypothetical situation).

TXBRONC
04-27-2010, 02:38 PM
And thus the reaction.

That's not a reason to murder someone.

Northman
04-27-2010, 02:51 PM
Is that good reason to murder someone?

Evidently to Clark it was. :whoknows:

Thats why you cant control those around you. It kind of reminds me of the dude from Shark Week a few years ago. He and another guy stood in ass high water surrounded by about 20 12-15 ft long Bull Sharks. The guy was stating that if they dont move the sharks will let them be. Now, he knows that those sharks are unpredictable yet he felt the need to test them because he thought he could handle the situation. Well, wouldnt you know it one of the sharks came up and took a huge chunk out of his thigh. Obviously he had medical staff and what not on the scene so he survived and was able to save his leg but the moral of the story is you cant predict or control what goes on around you. And ironically, the sharks could of taken the guy next too him but didnt. You can only control your own actions and decisions. Brandon and company talking smack or spraying champagn on some would be thugs and gang bangers was a risky decision on their part. Fact is, they arent hard to spot and maybe, just maybe if Brandon and company dont start getting into a war or words or spraying champagn on people than just maybe DW isnt shot. Now, dont get me wrong. Brandon's cousin shares the same amount of blame for his part in the episode that led up to the shooting. But, given Marshall's arrest record its not like he was a choir boy who just happened to be at the wrong spot at the wrong time. People say its funny that some of us would hold Brandon somewhat accountable for his behavior that night but i find it insulting that anyone would excuse a guy who has constant trouble with the law. Clark is guilty of the shooting and will serve prison time like he should. Brandon doesnt deseve prison time but he should feel some guilt about how it all went down (which if i remember he stated he felt guilty about that night).