PDA

View Full Version : Denver Looking at Adalius Thomas (merged)

Bronco1982
04-26-2010, 04:19 PM
Thomas' suitor list keeps growing
2:53
PM ETAdalius Thomas | Patriots | Interested: Browns?, Ravens?, Jets?, Dolphins?, 49ers?, Broncos?, Seahawks?, Chiefs?, Packers? T

Update: Before long, we might see Adalius Thomas speculatively sent to all 31 non-Patriot teams in the NFL. Adam Caplan of Scout.com tweeted that the Cleveland Browns would be a fit for the free agent on Monday afternoon.

On Monday, we took a look at the apparent hole in the Green Bay Packers' roster at LOLB. Then, appropriately enough, an option for them to upgrade the position appeared on the free agency pile.

ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter reported that the New England Patriots have given Adalius Thomas his walking papers, thus ending somewhat of a failed (yet lucrative for Thoams) experiment with the team. He is now free to explore his options on the free agent market, although those options might be somewhat diminished compared to what they would've been had he been released at the outset of free agency in March.

Still, for a team like the Packers, this might be a decent avenue to explore. Not saying anything will definitely happen -- and who knows how well Thomas would fit from a personality standpoint -- but it does make some sense from an on-the-field perspective, given the Pack's current options. Another possibility is the Seattle Seahawks. Seattle was rumored to be interested in trading for Thomas earlier this offseason, and now they could sign him without any compensation heading back to New England. Another speculative possibility is the Kansas City Chiefs, though this would depend on what new DC Romeo Crennel thinks of Thomas from their time together in New England. ESPN's Michael Smith threw the Denver Broncos and San Francisco 49ers into the mix on Monday, as well, and Albert Breer of the Boston Globe reminded us that current Miami Dolphins DC Mike Nolan targeted Thomas when he was head coach of the Niners back in 2007.

The New York Jets have also been strongly linked to Thomas due to his connection with head coach Rex Ryan. ESPN NFL Insider emailed in to clarify on the "Final Four" rule: since Thomas was cut, the Jets can sign him. However, remember that the Jets just signed Jason Taylor, so this might be superfluous move. Don't rule out a return to the Baltimore Ravens, either.

Northman
04-26-2010, 04:22 PM
AD really doesnt care for the Patriot way but i can see Miami taking a shot at him.

Ravage!!!
04-26-2010, 05:21 PM
AD really doesnt care for the Patriot way but i can see Miami taking a shot at him.

I can't believe you used the "patriot way" mantra in your sentence

Northman
04-26-2010, 05:30 PM

Why? What did i miss? :lol:

turftoad
04-26-2010, 05:44 PM

It's evident that star players don't like how McD runs his "Patriot way" technique.

broncobryce
04-26-2010, 05:53 PM
Like Champ Bailey? Ryan Clady? Brian Dawkins?

GGMoogly
04-26-2010, 06:26 PM
pull the trigger on Thomas

HORSEPOWER 56
04-26-2010, 07:07 PM
Thomas wants to come to Denver and play with a real team and a real man like Tebow...:D

broncofaninfla
04-26-2010, 08:16 PM
Thomas sucks, pass. He failed in New England and would fail on Denver as well.

Ziggy
04-26-2010, 10:43 PM
His numbers went down every year since he went to NE, and he constantly complained about the FO. Just say no.

SOCALORADO.
04-27-2010, 08:06 AM
His numbers went down every year since he went to NE, and he constantly complained about the FO. Just say no.

PASS.
And in regards to DEN even being in the mix, Micheal Smith is just throwing out crap and seeing if it will stick.

Magnificent Seven
05-08-2010, 05:24 PM
The Broncos and Chiefs continue to be linked Insider to signing rumors surrounding former New England pass rusher Adalius Thomas. The connections make sense since Thomas fits both team’s needs and schemes.

http://espn.go.com/blog/afcwest/post/_/id/13133/afc-west-news-and-notes-116

Lonestar
05-08-2010, 05:28 PM
The Broncos and Chiefs continue to be linked Insider to signing rumors surrounding former New England pass rusher Adalius Thomas. The connections make sense since Thomas fits both team’s needs and schemes.

AFC West news and notes
May, 8, 2010
MAY 8
5:45
PM ET
Email Print Share
By Bill Williamson
A Denver television station reported that Broncos defensive tackle Ronald Fields was arrested on misdemeanor weapons charges. Fields is expected to play in Denver’s defensive line rotation.

The Broncos and Chiefs continue to be linked to signing rumors surrounding former New England pass rusher Adalius Thomas. The connections make sense since Thomas fits both team’s needs and schemes.

Fox Sports thinks JaMarcus Russell’s NFL career is over. I still think he’ll get one more chance.

New San Diego primary tailback Ryan Mathews will wear No. 24 for the Chargers. He wore No. 21 at Fresno State in honor of LaDainian Tomlinson, the man he will replace in San Diego. Giving Mathews No. 21 in San Diego would have created way too many distractions for Mathews and for the team.

TXBRONC
05-08-2010, 05:31 PM

As I back up I guess he would be ok but I don't think we'll get a much out of him.

Bosco
05-09-2010, 03:38 AM
Another speculative possibility is the Kansas City Chiefs, though this would depend on what new DC Romeo Crennel thinks of Thomas from their time together in New England.

Who the hell fact checks these pieces?

HORSEPOWER 56
05-09-2010, 08:45 AM
Lots of guys on this board don't seem to be interested in Thomas. If it were pre-benching for being late to a meeting then bitching about it would you still feel the same way?

Personally, I look at our defense as is and think adding him to the roster might not be a bad idea. I see him a lot like Trevor Pryce. We paid Pryce a huge contract and his production dropped, just like what happened in NE with Thomas but when he went to Baltimore, his production went back up. I'd try to sign Thomas to a heavily incentive laden contract (tackles and sacks) and see how he does with us. If he doesn't play well, we don't pay him much, but if he does he gets paid accordingly and we get a guy that can actually help out the defense (other than just Dumervil).

I look at the roster as it is right now, and I still don't see a pass rushing threat other than Dumervil. If Doom gets hurt or holds out then what? Robert Ayers, who I still have hope for, has exactly ZERO sacks to his credit. Nobody else on the roster has anywhere near the resume that Dumervil does and even if we put all of them (Haggan, Ayers, Atkins, Reid, Kirlew, Moss, and any other OLB/DE projects I didn't list) out there could they all equal Doom's production - even combined? I have my doubts.

Thomas had a bad year last year and still played better than pretty much any of the guys I listed above. Does he deserve the kind of money the pats threw at him to get him from the Ravens? Of course not, but now that he's a free agent we can set the terms.

I'm in favor of bringing this guy in. I'm actually pretty surprised that KC or Miami haven't signed him yet.

Lonestar
05-09-2010, 08:57 AM
Sorry but I do not want another pryce type player that has to be reminded weekly if not daily why they got a huge pay check.

Color me stupid but if the guy takes play or worse yet games off. I do not care how many sacks there ar potetially out there.

Having Williams on the team and the maturation of some of our other kids I suspect Doom will not be the ONLY guy to get sacks or create pressure this year.
Mobile Post via Mobile.BroncosForums.com/forums

EMB6903
05-09-2010, 10:43 AM
Who the hell fact checks these pieces?

what site is that off of?

has to be espn

Romeo Crennel didnt even come close to coaching Adalius Thomas in New England.

HORSEPOWER 56
05-09-2010, 11:17 AM
The funny thing is Romeo Crennel didnt even coach Adalius Thomas in New England.

I think that's what he means by "fact check".