PDA

View Full Version : Rock Band

SR
05-01-2008, 04:02 PM
Anyone else besides me play this game? I'm not a big fan of video games, but my room mate has PS3 so I bought Rock Band and am hooked. That game is badass.

DallasChief
05-01-2008, 04:21 PM
I'm going to get it when it comes out on Wii. Right now I'll just have to continue to kick ass Guitar Hero.

SR
05-01-2008, 04:22 PM
I like Guitar Hero too, but the Rock Band guitar is way easier to play. The songs get fricken hard too.

DallasChief
05-01-2008, 04:23 PM
I'm ready for it on Wii. I think it might come out next month.

Den21vsBal19
05-01-2008, 04:55 PM
I'd love to get Rock Band to play with my monster...............he loves GH3

However, the pre-release prices I've seen over here are bloody ludicrous.............£120 (just shy of $240) for the instrument ON IT'S OWN and a further £45-50 ($90-100) for the game disc :eek:

They can stick that where the sun don't shine, I'll just wait for them to appear on ebay

Timmy!
05-01-2008, 05:15 PM
Rockband is awesome. Greatest party game of all time. I don't own it but have spent hours playing at my friends house. The amount of songs you can download for it (on 360 anyway) is insane. My buddy has something like 150 songs. The drums are fun but I suck. Vocals and guitar are my thing.

shank
05-05-2008, 03:40 PM
have it and play it a lot. i suck at singing, and am decent on drums and guitar (play on hard with both.)

i think i have 40 something songs beat on hard with both guitar and drums, but i haven't played for a couple weeks, so i bet i'll have to drop back to medium (on drums at least) and get back into it when i'm done with school...

MOtorboat
05-05-2008, 03:41 PM
How to the vocals work?

I played Guitar Hero for the first time this weekend and sucked ass at it.

Timmy!
05-05-2008, 05:41 PM
How to the vocals work?

I played Guitar Hero for the first time this weekend and sucked ass at it.

Vocals are pretty easy (well for me anyway...drums are friggin hard). Basically, you just have to match the tone, the harder the difficulty, the more ups and downs there are in the song. There are lines that tell you how high or low a note should be and an arrow shows where you are singing at. It's kinda hard to explain, here's a video MB, should give you an idea.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NOvtqZCvPXE

SR
05-05-2008, 05:42 PM
I downloaded the Metallica pack, the Skynyrd pack, the Boston pack, the NIN pack, and a few other songs Saturday. ALL of the Metallica songs are a bitch.

Timmy!
05-05-2008, 05:50 PM
I downloaded the Metallica pack, the Skynyrd pack, the Boston pack, the NIN pack, and a few other songs Saturday. ALL of the Metallica songs are a bitch.

All awesome packs. "Simple Kind of Man" is one of my favorite songs to sing on that game. If you like vocals, try doing "More Than a Feeling" on expert. It's friggin impossible lol.

SR
05-05-2008, 06:11 PM
I don't do lyrics. I play the guitar on hard and the drums on medium and that's it for me.

Requiem / The Dagda
05-06-2008, 06:10 PM
I hate both Rock Band and Guitar Hero. I'll play at a party to have "fun" -- but I prefer being good at real instruments and learning real songs -- not senseless button mashing.

SR
05-06-2008, 07:43 PM
I prefer driving real race cars and learning how to do real things with cars, but I still enjoy playing car games from time to time. Get over yourself.

Requiem / The Dagda
05-06-2008, 08:04 PM
I prefer driving real race cars and learning how to do real things with cars, but I still enjoy playing car games from time to time. Get over yourself.

I'm sorry I don't approve of games that steer away from the real joy of music. Parents should be getting their kids real instruments, not idiotic video game instruments. (IMHO)

A woman in a Minneapolis Best Buy asked me what I thought about Rock Band and told her to do herself and her kids a favor and get them real instruments. Boy was she pissed, but I'm glad I made my mark.

What's going to get the ladies SR? "Oh hey, I can play Say It Ain't So on expert, how about that ladies!" Nah, it's senseless. A huge Guitar Hero fanatic said it was harder to play songs on expert than it is to play those songs in real life. I just had to laugh.

Real instruments > fake ones.

There is no "getting over myself" here -- I just don't "dig" games like that. Doesn't make sense. If people spent hours playing real guitar or real instruments as much as they do Rock Band or Guitar Hero -- the world would be a lot better place. [Hyperbole.]

DallasChief
05-06-2008, 08:38 PM
I'm sorry I don't approve of games that steer away from the real joy of music. Parents should be getting their kids real instruments, not idiotic video game instruments. (IMHO)

A woman in a Minneapolis Best Buy asked me what I thought about Rock Band and told her to do herself and her kids a favor and get them real instruments. Boy was she pissed, but I'm glad I made my mark.

What's going to get the ladies SR? "Oh hey, I can play Say It Ain't So on expert, how about that ladies!" Nah, it's senseless. A huge Guitar Hero fanatic said it was harder to play songs on expert than it is to play those songs in real life. I just had to laugh.

There is no "getting over myself" here -- I just don't "dig" games like that. Doesn't make sense. If people spent hours playing real guitar or real instruments as much as they do Rock Band or Guitar Hero -- the world would be a lot better place. [Hyperbole.]

It's completely possible that Guitar Hero and Rock Band could steer someone toward "real" music that might not have been otherwise.

My stepson has never shown an interest in classic rock tunes until he started playing songs like Mississippi Woman and Sunshine of my Love on Guitar Hero. And for his birthday he wants a "real" guitar because he wants to learn to play "Welcome To The Jungle" for "real".

You can say what you want about the games but it is a fact that the popularity of the games has given rock music a little bit of a resurgence. And that is not a bad thing.

:coffee:

MOtorboat
05-06-2008, 08:47 PM
It's completely possible that Guitar Hero and Rock Band could steer someone toward "real" music that might not have been otherwise.

My stepson has never shown an interest in classic rock tunes until he started playing songs like Mississippi Woman and Sunshine of my Love on Guitar Hero. And for his birthday he wants a "real" guitar because he wants to learn to play "Welcome To The Jungle" for "real".

You can say what you want about the games but it is a fact that the popularity of the games has given rock music a little bit of a resurgence. And that is not a bad thing.

:coffee:

Really? Nah....never...impossible.

aberdien
05-06-2008, 08:48 PM
Rock Band is a fun game, but i've grown into a guitar hero hater. It's not just that you'd feel more accomplished buying a real guitar and learning how to play it. Because some people just aren't meant to play instruments which is where this game comes into play. But the most annoying thing about these games is the fanboys who walk around saying they're better than you because they can play *insert guitar hero song title* on expert. Well try playing it on REAL GUITAR! Plus they walk around school and when I ask them what their favorite song is of the band shirt they're wearing they 99% of the time say the most popular song that is on guitar hero and often they can't even name any other song. They're posers and it pisses me off.

But when you play with level headed people who don't think they're badass because they can play on expert it's pretty dang fun. Rock Band is 10 times better though both because of the 4 different "instruments" to play and because the guitar doesn't make the extremely annoying clicking sound.

SR
05-06-2008, 09:11 PM

Well guess what Dream, I'm not a little kid and I like Rock Band.

And as a matter of fact, picking up ladies has never been a weakness for me. As a matter of fact, the ladies love the Rock Band.

SR
05-06-2008, 09:13 PM
But when you play with level headed people who don't think they're badass because they can play on expert it's pretty dang fun. Rock Band is 10 times better though both because of the 4 different "instruments" to play and because the guitar doesn't make the extremely annoying clicking sound.

Friday night we had me playing guitar, my buddy Richard on drums, my buddy Don on bass, and my buddy Danny on vocals. It was a blast. I've never had so much fun playing a damn game in my life.

aberdien
05-06-2008, 09:33 PM
Friday night we had me playing guitar, my buddy Richard on drums, my buddy Don on bass, and my buddy Danny on vocals. It was a blast. I've never had so much fun playing a damn game in my life.

I love playing with some friends...we tried to beat one of the Boston songs on expert on drums and we had all four of us playing different parts of the drumset. We still failed.

Timmy!
05-07-2008, 05:37 PM

4 player is awesome. The time can fly by though. I think this game opens people up to music, especially older songs that they may have never heard before. I can see how this could turn a child who wasn't very interested in music into a child that craved music (I'm not a parent, so that's just my opinion). I think Dream missed the point. Rockband is a great game, that gets better the more friends you have playing it (and yes Dream, that can include girlies...what a concept) If that's not enjoying music, guess I should be deaf.

Den21vsBal19
05-07-2008, 05:51 PM
4 player is awesome. The time can fly by though. I think this game opens people up to music, especially older songs that they may have never heard before. I can see how this could turn a child who wasn't very interested in music into a child that craved music (I'm not a parent, so that's just my opinion). I think Dream missed the point. Rockband is a great game, that gets better the more friends you have playing it (and yes Dream, that can include girlies...what a concept) If that's not enjoying music, guess I should be deaf.
Guitar Hero's certainly done that for my lad......................he now think's Slash can walk on water :laugh:

Timmy!
05-20-2008, 05:01 PM
I gave in and bought Rockband last night. I may never sleep again.

SR
05-20-2008, 10:12 PM
I gave in and bought Rockband last night. I may never sleep again.

It's well worth the $150.

My little brother has Guitaro Hero: Legends of Rock and I played it over the weekend...had a blast. Playing guitar on Guitar Hero is WAY harder than playing guitar on Rock Band.

CoachChaz
05-21-2008, 07:18 AM
I did that awhile back and played the living hell out of it. Now it sits there while I continue to play GH.

SR
05-21-2008, 09:45 AM
Guitar Hero IV is supposed to be coming out this summer and should have a lot of killer songs on it.

Den21vsBal19
05-21-2008, 10:56 AM
Guitar Hero IV is supposed to be coming out this summer and should have a lot of killer songs on it.
GH IV is not the summer release, they're releasing Guitar Hero:Aerosmith (http://www.guitarherogame.com/ghaerosmith/)..........

From what I read somewhere, 60% Aerosmith tracks, played at recreated venues from the band's history, and 40% bands that have either supported Aerosmith on tour (possibly including the like of Mott the Hoople), or bands that have been inspired by Aerosmith (expect some G'n'R then ;))......

Oh, and both the original & Run DMC versions of Walk This Way :cool:

Interesting idea, personally I'd love to see a Queen version if this worksjust from the two Queen gigs I went to you'd get Simple Minds, Status Quo, Metallica, Def Lep, Extreme and the rock gods that are Spinal Tap ;)

CoachChaz
05-21-2008, 11:03 AM
The Aerosmith game comes out next month and GH IV, will most likely be released close to Christmas.

SR
05-21-2008, 11:05 AM
GH IV is not the summer release, they're releasing Guitar Hero:Aerosmith (http://www.guitarherogame.com/ghaerosmith/)..........

From what I read somewhere, 60% Aerosmith tracks, played at recreated venues from the band's history, and 40% bands that have either supported Aerosmith on tour (possibly including the like of Mott the Hoople), or bands that have been inspired by Aerosmith (expect some G'n'R then ;))......

Interesting idea, personally I'd love to see a Queen version if this worksjust from the two Queen gigs I went to you'd get Simple Minds, Status Quo, Metallica, Def Lep, Extreme and the rock gods that are Spinal Tap ;)

That works too. I don't know if I'll buy that one, but I may buy the Legends of Rock one. That one had a bunch of killer tracks on it.

Den21vsBal19
05-21-2008, 11:10 AM
That works too. I don't know if I'll buy that one, but I may buy the Legends of Rock one. That one had a bunch of killer tracks on it.
Yeah, there's some good stuff on it, from a nice range of eras as well :D

That's the thing that may work with this Aerosmith, they really need to pick the right complimentary tracks if they hope for anyone other than Aerosmith fan's to buy it in any numbers

Timmy!
05-21-2008, 04:23 PM
I spent like $30 just downloading songs for Rockband....damn game is getting expensive :tsk:

SR
05-21-2008, 04:30 PM
I did that too a couple weeks ago...downloaded a whole bunch of different shit. I'll probably buy more when I get back.

shank
05-21-2008, 07:59 PM
aren't they making rockband aerosmith? or is it guitar hero that's doing an all aerosmith game?

either way, that's the dumbest idea i've ever heard.

SR
05-21-2008, 08:05 PM
aren't they making rockband aerosmith? or is it guitar hero that's doing an all aerosmith game?

It'll be Guitar Hero, and it's a great idea. The Aerosmith songs are some of the hardest to play, which makes it challenging, which makes it fun.

shank
05-21-2008, 08:11 PM
It'll be Guitar Hero, and it's a great idea. The Aerosmith songs are some of the hardest to play, which makes it challenging, which makes it fun.

yeah, but (imo) aerosmith sucks. even if you like aerosmith, how many people will be willing to buy a game of only aerosmith songs?

all their doing is limiting the game's demographic drastically, and the only people who will buy the game is rockband enthusiasts, diehard aerosmith fans, and people with too much money...

i LOVE nirvana, but i don't think i'd ever pay 60 bucks for a game with only their music on it...

SR
05-21-2008, 08:26 PM
yeah, but (imo) aerosmith sucks. even if you like aerosmith, how many people will be willing to buy a game of only aerosmith songs?

all their doing is limiting the game's demographic drastically, and the only people who will buy the game is rockband enthusiasts, diehard aerosmith fans, and people with too much money...

i LOVE nirvana, but i don't think i'd ever pay 60 bucks for a game with only their music on it...

It will also have bands on the game who were influenced by Aerosmith, not just Aerosmith. People will buy it because the game is fun and their songs are challenging. I don't like a lot of the bands on Rock Band, but their songs are still a blasty to play.

Den21vsBal19
05-22-2008, 05:13 AM

:D ;)

Den21vsBal19
05-22-2008, 02:55 PM
In other news, it looks like Konami want to join in the fun with Rock Revolution (http://www.joystiq.com/2008/05/15/konami-jumps-on-the-band-wagon-with-rock-revolution/)

And it looks as if GH IV may be moving down the Rock Band route as well, with a drum kit (http://www.joystiq.com/2008/05/14/game-informer-snags-first-pic-of-guitar-hero-iv-drums/)

Timmy!
05-22-2008, 04:40 PM
I read about that the other day. GH IV is going to have a drumset. Probably because Rockband is so much more fun than GH. I've almost got vocals beat on medium.

Den21vsBal19
05-22-2008, 04:48 PM
I read about that the other day. GH IV is going to have a drumset. Probably because Rockband is so much more fun than GH. I've almost got vocals beat on medium.
Rock Band's not been released over here yet :sad:

And they want really stupid money for it :mad:

shank
05-31-2008, 11:18 PM
has rockband practically ruined music for anyone else? whenever i listen to songs, i think way too much about how it would play on rockband now

SR
05-31-2008, 11:30 PM
has rockband practically ruined music for anyone else? whenever i listen to songs, i think way too much about how it would play on rockband now

I do that all the time! Or if I hear a song that's on RB, I'll say "This song is on Rock Band" regardless of who is around...or I'll catch myself tapping my fingers to the drum beat.

They need to make a "Heavy Metal Band" game with nothing but metal and hard rock.

shank
05-31-2008, 11:33 PM
I do that all the time! Or if I hear a song that's on RB, I'll say "This song is on Rock Band" regardless of who is around...or I'll catch myself tapping my fingers to the drum beat.

They need to make a "Heavy Metal Band" game with nothing but metal and hard rock.

see, i would kill for a punk rock version. fugazi, nofx, rancid, against me...

they should just allow user-created content and there'd be everything for everyone... greedy bastages.

SR
05-31-2008, 11:34 PM
see, i would kill for a punk rock version. fugazi, nofx, rancid, against me...

they should just allow user-created content and there'd be everything for everyone... greedy bastages.

That would be pretty cool. There's a lot of awesome songs on GH that I wish were on Rock Band. They should format them for both, then you could get online and purchase a myriad of different stuff.

shank
05-31-2008, 11:37 PM
i like to think that in 2008, we have the technology to automatically generate playable tracks just by letting a program listen to a song... even if we don't i know it doesn't take long... the available library should be massive considering the popularity of the game.

SR
06-01-2008, 12:12 AM
No kidding.

MasterShake
06-01-2008, 11:30 PM
You guys should try "Frets on Fire". I think you can use the Rock Band Guitar, and you can make your own songs or use MP3's of existing songs in this Guitar Hero freeware game. I'm going to try it out later this week, but I've heard about it for a while:

http://fretsonfire.sourceforge.net/

aberdien
06-25-2008, 12:25 PM
I really wish it came with a mic stand.

MasterShake
06-25-2008, 02:59 PM
I really wish it came with a mic stand.

You can use your headset through the guitar as a mic and do bass/or guitar at the same time and do world tour if ya' want.

aberdien
06-25-2008, 04:24 PM
You can use your headset through the guitar as a mic and do bass/or guitar at the same time and do world tour if ya' want.

What headset :confused:

Timmy!
06-25-2008, 04:27 PM
What headset :confused:

I'm betting you have a ps3 not a 360. I believe aberdien is referring to the 360 headset. I've tried singing and playing at the same time. I'm no MB, that's for sure.

SR
06-25-2008, 05:41 PM
I can't sing, period, so singing is out of the question regardless. I'm getting a lot better at drums though. I did "Fade to Black" on hard on the drums and managed a 223 note streak and 91% accuracy. I haven't played the guitar in a long time.

Timmy!
06-25-2008, 05:56 PM
I can't sing, period, so singing is out of the question regardless. I'm getting a lot better at drums though. I did "Fade to Black" on hard on the drums and managed a 223 note streak and 91% accuracy. I haven't played the guitar in a long time.

I beat vocals on medium and am about halfway through on hard. I beat drums on easy and that's about all I'm going to get there. I beat guitar on hard, and am 1 song away from betting it on expert. Friggin Green Grass High Tides....I can get about 80% of the way through and then fail every time. That last 3 minute solo is impossible.

DallasChief
06-25-2008, 06:49 PM
I just got Rock Band for Wii this weekend. I'm awesome.

SR
06-25-2008, 08:57 PM
I beat vocals on medium and am about halfway through on hard. I beat drums on easy and that's about all I'm going to get there. I beat guitar on hard, and am 1 song away from betting it on expert. Friggin Green Grass High Tides....I can get about 80% of the way through and then fail every time. That last 3 minute solo is impossible.

I can play most songs on hard, then my hand decides it can't move any faster. That "Green Grass, High Tides" song is impossible for me on hard. I knew when I played it on easy it was going to be a bitchy bitch on hard, and it is.

MasterShake
06-25-2008, 09:28 PM
I can play most songs on hard, then my hand decides it can't move any faster. That "Green Grass, High Tides" song is impossible for me on hard. I knew when I played it on easy it was going to be a bitchy bitch on hard, and it is.

That song sucks on hard!(Guitar) I can beat any song on hard except that one and Flirting with Disaster. I can play most songs on expert (with a 3 star finish admittedly) except about 5. The only song I ever got 100% on hard with the guitar was NIN The Perfect Drug.

SR
06-25-2008, 09:33 PM
Three stars?! That's it?! Fail. ;)

MasterShake
06-25-2008, 09:39 PM
Three stars?! That's it?! Fail. ;)

I know...I'll never be a real Rock Star....:laugh:

aberdien
06-25-2008, 10:56 PM
I just got Rock Band for Wii this weekend. I'm awesome.

Me too. That's why I don't have a headset. But Creep is definately my favorite song to sing on the game. I got a 99% on hard...I haven't tried on expert though. I just love singing that song and "Don't Look Back in Anger" by Oasis (which I think is one of the extra songs included on the Wii version).

Playing guitar and singing at the same time is hard...I have to lay down with the microphone sitting on my chest

aberdien
06-25-2008, 10:58 PM
I think I can play most songs on Expert with the guitar. Except for Green Grass and High Tides. I got about 82% last time I tried a few weeks ago while I was at my cousins house. I think that's the only song that I CAN'T beat though.

Timmy!
06-25-2008, 11:10 PM
I think I can play most songs on Expert with the guitar. Except for Green Grass and High Tides. I got about 82% last time I tried a few weeks ago while I was at my cousins house. I think that's the only song that I CAN'T beat though.

Exactly. You fail at the exact same point as me! Frustrating, isn't it?

frauschieze
08-30-2008, 06:52 PM
I finally had a chance to try this today. Good Lord, this game rules. :woot:

I flat out suck on drums (stupid kick drum) but the vocals are cake. Way too much fun though.....I wasted a morning and afternoon playing with friends and my daughter.

Timmy!
08-30-2008, 08:10 PM
I finally had a chance to try this today. Good Lord, this game rules. :woot:

I flat out suck on drums (stupid kick drum) but the vocals are cake. Way too much fun though.....I wasted a morning and afternoon playing with friends and my daughter.

Try vocals on hard or expert Cheesy (if you're not already), makes it a bit more challenging.

frauschieze
08-30-2008, 08:14 PM
Try vocals on hard or expert Cheesy (if you're not already), makes it a bit more challenging.

Uh....on about 35% of the songs I'm running 97-98% on expert already. And the others....well, I just don't know them at all yet. :D

Timmy!
08-30-2008, 08:18 PM
Uh....on about 35% of the songs I'm running 97-98% on expert already. And the others....well, I just don't know them at all yet. :D

Very nice. I have vocals beat on hard, but it took me a while. Especially on songs I didn't know. I doubt I could beat some of them on expert. Good friggin work. Rockband 2 comes out in October I believe :D

frauschieze
08-30-2008, 08:55 PM
Very nice. I have vocals beat on hard, but it took me a while. Especially on songs I didn't know. I doubt I could beat some of them on expert. Good friggin work. Rockband 2 comes out in October I believe :D

They should add credit for dynamics on vocals to make it more difficult. I think of all of the pieces, vocals are the easiest for someone to pick up if they are musically inclined at all....

claymore
08-30-2008, 08:58 PM
Arent you guys a little old to be playin video game? Sheesh.

Timmy!
08-30-2008, 08:59 PM
They should add credit for dynamics on vocals to make it more difficult. I think of all of the pieces, vocals are the easiest for someone to pick up if they are musically inclined at all....

I agree. Then again I've seen people butcher vocals too (they were drunk though)....

frauschieze
08-30-2008, 09:07 PM
Arent you guys a little old to be playin video game? Sheesh.

That's it. Head to head grudge match. You're going DOWN!

I agree. Then again I've seen people butcher vocals too (they were drunk though)....

So....like me on drums. :D

SR
08-30-2008, 10:09 PM
I just bought the Boston pack the other day and played it last night for the first time. It's pretty hard, but some great jams.

Broncospsycho77
08-30-2008, 11:28 PM
Jimi Hendrix is supposed to be in either the next Guitar Hero or Rock Band. Can't remember which, though. So is AC/DC, for both games. 3 chords and a solo, basically.

SR
08-30-2008, 11:55 PM
The next Rock Band should be really good. I hope, though, that they put some more metal in it, or at least make it available to purchase.

aberdien
09-01-2008, 12:23 AM
The Wii version better come with a bunch of cool stuff.

sneakers
09-01-2008, 12:38 AM
Me and my room mate play this game together on multiplayer, I can only play it for so long each day because the stupid guitar flares up my shoulder tendinitis.

Timmy!
09-11-2008, 08:40 AM
Rock Band 2 on Sunday!!! I can't wait!

Den21vsBal19
09-11-2008, 05:59 PM
Rock Band 2 on Sunday!!! I can't wait!
You are shitting me!!!!! :eek:

Rock Band was only released over here on the PS3 last week!!!!!! :mad:

Although I see they've finally come to an agreement, and the Guitar Hero & Rock Band PS3 instruments will be interchangable.................about bloody time too :mad:

haroldthebarrel
09-11-2008, 06:01 PM
I wonder when there will be more people that can play "smoke on the water" in a computer game than on guitar.

frauschieze
09-11-2008, 06:36 PM
I wonder when there will be more people that can play "smoke on the water" in a computer game than on guitar.

Probably already. :laugh:

Broncospsycho77
09-11-2008, 07:41 PM
For the record: On Sunday, it's an XBox 360 exclusive release. PS3 will come later, for sure, but Xboxers will have the exclusive first look at it for purchase.

Good move by Microsoft, IMO.

NightTrainLayne
10-28-2009, 01:31 PM
:bump:

I got Rockband 2 earlier this week. It went on sale at GameStop for $99 for the whole kit (drums, guitar, mic).

I am not getting much sleep these past few nights.

Thnikkaman
11-09-2009, 11:44 AM
:bump:

I got Rockband 2 earlier this week. It went on sale at GameStop for $99 for the whole kit (drums, guitar, mic).

I am not getting much sleep these past few nights.

Which system and what instrument are you playing?

I just got Rock Band: Beatles over the weekend. Ringo Star was pretty talented.

NightTrainLayne
11-09-2009, 12:19 PM
Which system and what instrument are you playing?

I just got Rock Band: Beatles over the weekend. Ringo Star was pretty talented.

I got it for the PS3. And I've mainly been playing the drums. I love it, it is very addictive. I will probably get the Beatles disc somewhere down the line.

frauschieze
11-09-2009, 12:23 PM
I played drums a bunch last weekend and started getting somewhat decent. I finally figured out I needed to play the kick drum differently, and I instantly went from medium to the easier side of hard.

NightTrainLayne
11-09-2009, 12:25 PM
I played drums a bunch last weekend and started getting somewhat decent. I finally figured out I needed to play the kick drum differently, and I instantly went from medium to the easier side of hard.

How do you play it "differently". I've been playing some of the easier "Hard" songs, but Everlong still kicks my ass on hard.

Thnikkaman
11-09-2009, 12:27 PM
I am planning on getting these for my drums, they should help me do much better when missing beats in songs like "Come out and Play" and horrible Cranberries songs:

http://www.goodwoodmods.com/products/images/rockband.gif

Thnikkaman
11-09-2009, 12:28 PM
How do you play it "differently". I've been playing some of the easier "Hard" songs, but Everlong still kicks my ass on hard.

You need to practice your 8th and 16th note kicks on those. "Give it Away" can give you some good practice.

claymore
Modern Warfare 2 comes out tomorrow. If you ladies want to play a real mans game. :D

frauschieze

I was stupidly keeping my heel planted. Killed my shins and ankle. When I switched to just keeping the ball of my foot on the pedal and my heel up, it made a massive difference. Something I should have done from the beginning but I always played bass in our "band". Until our "drummer" hurt his shoulder, that is.

MOtorboat
11-09-2009, 12:29 PM
I was stupidly keeping my heel planted. Killed my shins and ankle. When I switched to just keeping the ball of my foot on the pedal and my heel up, it made a massive difference. Something I should have done from the beginning but I always played bass in our "band". Until our "drummer" hurt his shoulder, that is.

:pound:

Thnikkaman
11-09-2009, 12:30 PM
"Here is the mod in action"

6Y9WMfWj5tc

frauschieze
11-09-2009, 12:33 PM

I know, right?

claymore
11-09-2009, 12:36 PM

:eek:

MOtorboat
11-09-2009, 12:41 PM
:eek:

Nomad
12-26-2009, 01:04 PM
My kids got Rockband 2 for Christmas and I'm already sick of hearing "Eye of the Tiger" seems to be the only song they play.

SR
12-26-2009, 03:24 PM
"Here is the mod in action"

6Y9WMfWj5tc

That shit is UNREAL. Around 2:45 was CRAZY!

gnomeflinger
12-26-2009, 03:39 PM
My kids got Rockband 2 for Christmas and I'm already sick of hearing "Eye of the Tiger" seems to be the only song they play.

In my house it's "Paranoid" or "Wanted Dead or Alive."

Nomad
12-26-2009, 03:41 PM
In my house it's "Paranoid" or "Wanted Dead or Alive."

"Eye of the Tiger" seems to be the easiest for them. I'm not much into it but I haven't seen those songs unless there's a different game/disc!!

gnomeflinger
12-26-2009, 03:43 PM
"Eye of the Tiger" seems to be the easiest for them. I'm not much into it but I haven't seen those songs unless there's a different game/disc!!

We got a bundle pack that has just some of the songs on it. "Eye of the Tiger" isn't on this disc, but I'm working on getting one today, and I'm sure it will be the song of the week. My boys LOVE that song.

Timmy!
12-26-2009, 06:46 PM
We got a bundle pack that has just some of the songs on it. "Eye of the Tiger" isn't on this disc, but I'm working on getting one today, and I'm sure it will be the song of the week. My boys LOVE that song.

Eye of the Tiger is the very 1st song on Rockband 2 in career mode. The songs you're talking about are on the Rockband 1 disc.

You both of your kids have a terrible taste in music :tsk:

girler
01-02-2010, 05:45 PM
What do you do when your kid (10) gets rockband 2 one day, and then finishes the entire thing on expert (drums) in 3 days? His older brother (almost 15) is totally pissed at him because he can't keep up on guitar. :noidea: This should keep him entertained for a few more weeks, but dayamn!!!