PDA

View Full Version : John Elway Endorses Tim Tebow

KyleOrtonArmySoldier#128
04-26-2010, 07:34 AM
I will not ever argue with Elway when it comes to the quarterback position - he said on his facebook;

So what do I think about the Tim Tebow pick? I think Tim's a high character, competitive, proven winner. Those are all attributes you want from the leader of your football team. Tim will have to adapt to Josh’s offensive system, which is quite different from the offense he ran in college. Tim has the smarts and work et...hic to do it though. Welcome to town Tim, Denver is great place!!

threefolddead
04-26-2010, 07:40 AM
The lord hath spoken. Amen.

i4jelway7
04-26-2010, 07:58 AM
John Elway has a facebook account?

anyone have a link?

KyleOrtonArmySoldier#128
04-26-2010, 08:13 AM

anyone have a link?

Yeah man he updates it every day. Here ya go

http://www.facebook.com/#!/JohnElway?ref=ts

He actually has alot of cool stuff to say.

McKeough
04-26-2010, 08:14 AM

anyone have a link?

http://www.facebook.com/JohnElway

Dirk
04-26-2010, 08:25 AM
Well if John says......!

I tend to agree. Who better to be the face of your franchise?

The only thing I hope Tebow does is show himself to be a baller and not a preacher in the locker room. If he can keep the 2 separated he will be welcomed with open arms. I just don't want to see the same thing happen to him that happened to Warner in St. Louis. Being himself is fine, but adapting and not preaching will be his highest hurdle IMO.

I hope he succeeds!! I think it was a fantastic pick (even though a little much to give up). However, I do believe that the Bills WERE going after Tebow no matter how they try to spin it. Sour grapes is all.

arapaho2
04-26-2010, 09:58 AM
john elway also endorsed plummer...and he endorsed cutler

just saying:coffee:

tomjonesrocks
04-26-2010, 10:00 AM
Has Elway ever said a bad thing about any Broncos QB? Not saying this to stir the pot--just asking if anyone recalled him ever being truly critical of anyone that's ever played the position after his departure.

I recall endorsements of Brister, Griese, and Cutler in particular (which he went to the trouble of writing a Sporting News column praising). I am not sure what he may have said about Jake.

broken12
04-26-2010, 10:08 AM
yep, he also said that it troubled him getting rid of cutler! and you didnt back him there! teabag is either boom or bust! lets hope boom!

claymore
04-26-2010, 10:08 AM
Has Elway ever said a bad thing about any Broncos QB? Not saying this to stir the pot--just asking if anyone recalled him ever being truly critical of anyone that's ever played the position after his departure.

I recall endorsements of Brister, Griese, and Cutler in particular (which he went to the trouble of writing a Sporting News column praising). I am not sure what he may have said about Jake.

Im not even sure he is the one updating his facebook. He has nothing to gain from giving an honest opinion about the Broncos.

Northman
04-26-2010, 10:18 AM

John endorses everyone. :lol:

G_Money
04-26-2010, 10:35 AM
John's trying to make it easier to live in his shadow. Nothing wrong with it. He's pre-endorsing Tebow instead of waiting for some on-the-field controversy.

Guess he's just getting it out of the way early.

~G

Broncolingus
04-26-2010, 10:45 AM

anyone have a link?

...and you call yourself a Bronco fan...:tsk:

:D

topscribe
04-26-2010, 11:08 AM
I liked his comment on down below that: "You gotta be crazy even thinking that
I could play football again. That's for the young and Brett."

Good one, John. :lol: