PDA

View Full Version : Oline Dominance... means winning.

WARHORSE
05-01-2008, 02:37 AM
Ryan Clady the starting LT? Sounds good if he can indeed pull it off with all of his incredible ability. Im hoping it becomes a reality and not just pre-training camp hopes.

Should Clady beat out everyone at LT, Im hoping either Pears or Harris can hold Kuper off at RT. Why? Cause that way Kuper can replace Hamilton at LG. That leaves Nails, Hamilton, Weigman, Lichenstiegerlipski(whatever his name is) and Holland fighting for the RG and C slots. May the best man win.

That would indeed be pleasing since that stands to be a very good line.......especially in the redzone.

Surprise-surprise...........our Oline isnt small anymore boyz.

With a huge, athletic LT leading the way, lets hope this line becomes as good as its potential, cause I really believe that when you cant stop our run game within the five yard line............its all over for you. Consider our two TE sets with Graham, Clady and Kuper on the left side.........who can stop that?

If we scored every time we were inside the five the last two years, our offense would be very hard to beat........no matter who you play for.

When you have an offense like that, opposing teams will find it quite hard to keep up. Our defensive line should be able to generate alot of pressure this year while playing while ahead since our Dline can pin its ears back and get after the QB. Consider what the strengths of our Dlinemen are in passing situations. Robertson and Thomas are going to be able to generate good pressure up the middle when they only have to play pass. Not to mention Moss, Dooms and Crowder. And if we can get pressure.......teams gotta throw at Champ and Bly.

Im going to mention it here first so you can look for it in the upcoming season: As we grow into the season, andthe Oline grows in working with one another, the Oline will become more and more dominant. With that dominance comes a successful, dominant run game.........especially in Denver. With a successful run game comes a QB that knows he can hand the ball off at any time and gain yardage. With a QB that has a successful run game, comes a QB with no pressure. And a QB with no pressure and a big arm brings a gunlslinger in town with a poise to slay hundreds.

It all starts in the trenches, and I honestly believe that if Ryan Clady is the player we all hope him to be, this could be the sexiest pick we could have hoped for.

xzn
05-01-2008, 02:20 PM
Warhorse, your enthusiasm is tangible and infectuous... I love you, man... in a non-brokeback kind of way, of course... err.. anyway, nice post!

When I simulated the current team with the new rookies for us and major other ones on other teams in the mix and aggressive balanced offensive philosophy in Madden we went 10-6 and made the playoffs as a wildcard for whatever that's not worth.

Rex
05-01-2008, 02:37 PM
Oh. I thought this was about Bronx and Tubby.

TXBRONC
05-01-2008, 08:15 PM
Great post War.

I will say that right now I don't see Pears or Harris holding off Kuper at right tackle. He has very good foot work from what I understand and he has bit of mean streak which would serve him well if becomes the right tackle

I have to admit I would rather have Hamilton at left guard and Nalen at center because gives us back our two most experienced lineman back their respective positions which in my opinion will help the line gel faster than it would if only one of them were back.

gobroncsnv
05-01-2008, 10:32 PM
So true, so true... the oline in good shape makes the other players so much better, and Shanny so much smarter.

Lonestar
05-01-2008, 11:30 PM
great post

I'm glad someone else saw the need/blessings for bigger OLINE..

I hope that they make the change health permitting to get Licthensteiger at center with Kuper at OLG Holland and Harris at ORT this would bring us into a new era with a OLINE that can grow together over the next 8-10 years. This way all the getting to know each other is done now instead of doing it over the next two years as players retire or get beat out of their jobs..

Bite the bullet get it done cause we ALL know it is going to happen sooner or later..

Stargazer
05-02-2008, 12:41 AM
Ryan Clady the starting LT? Sounds good if he can indeed pull it off with all of his incredible ability. Im hoping it becomes a reality and not just pre-training camp hopes.

Should Clady beat out everyone at LT.

He better be starting being the #12 overall pick. And he better be starting at LT for the next decade.

WARHORSE
05-02-2008, 01:09 AM
Warhorse, your enthusiasm is tangible and infectuous... I love you, man... in a non-brokeback kind of way, of course... err.. anyway, nice post!

When I simulated the current team with the new rookies for us and major other ones on other teams in the mix and aggressive balanced offensive philosophy in Madden we went 10-6 and made the playoffs as a wildcard for whatever that's not worth.

lol.....:beer:

broncohead
05-02-2008, 01:55 AM
I wouldn't be surprised to see Kuper beet out Hamilton at LG. He was injured last year and Kuper had a lot of playing time. We will see though.

Ziggy
05-02-2008, 08:51 AM
It's nice to see other folks coming around to the "let's improve the O-line" philosiphy. JR, myself and a few others were sounding that battle cry long before the draft. Seems like some of the other old-time fans are starting to speak up on the subject as well. Welcome aboard Warhorse. I imagine though, that you were probably one of the ones that got it long before we drafted Clady with the 12th pick.

Scarface
05-02-2008, 09:39 AM
He better be starting being the #12 overall pick. And he better be starting at LT for the next decade.

He actually started being the #12 overall pick the second the commissioner announced his name. He has no control over that.

TXBRONC
05-02-2008, 07:29 PM
I wouldn't be surprised to see Kuper beet out Hamilton at LG. He was injured last year and Kuper had a lot of playing time. We will see though.

Kuper wont be competing for the left guard position, right now he's the leading candidate to win the right tackle position.

WARHORSE
05-02-2008, 11:05 PM
Kuper wont be competing for the left guard position, right now he's lead candidate to win the right tackle position.

I think I would have to agree.

That being said, my hope is that someone along the interior of the line gets beat out by either Pears, Lichtensteiger, or Harris. If someone gets beat out, that means someone better just stepped into the starting rotation. Even if Pears moves inside. I think hes a candidate for being a great guard as well, and his skillset may even be better fit towards being a great guard, rather than a good tackle.

Even if Kuper went to the RT spot it would mean good things for the team. In his third year, hes poised to stake his claim to a spot and stay there for the next decade. Im feeling real good about the oline and Dline right now, and I think the Broncos did a stellar job of filling some needs this off season. Lets hope some of the later round draft picks perform above their draft selection slots.

TXBRONC
05-02-2008, 11:09 PM
I think I would have to agree.

That being said, my hope is that someone along the interior of the line gets beat out by either Pears, Lichtensteiger, or Harris. If someone gets beat out, that means someone better just stepped into the starting rotation. Even if Pears moves inside. I think hes a candidate for being a great guard as well, and his skillset may even be better fit towards being a great guard, rather than a good tackle.

Even if Kuper went to the RT spot it would mean good things for the team. In his third year, hes poised to stake his claim to a spot and stay there for the next decade. Im feeling real good about the oline and Dline right now, and I think the Broncos did a stellar job of filling some needs this off season. Lets hope some of the later round draft picks perform above their draft selection slots.

I agree if Kuper wins out we're set at right tackle for the next ten years barring injury. Right now I think Kuper is going to beat Pears and Harris out for the starting job.

Scarface
05-02-2008, 11:45 PM
Our O-Line is going to be sick. Once Cutler has time in the pocket everyone is in big big trouble.

http://i239.photobucket.com/albums/ff302/ScarfaceBroncos2007/NFL%20Draft%2008/LT/436380726_t335.jpg

Nature Boy
05-03-2008, 03:56 PM
Good thing we grabbed a true LT in Clady and not Johnathan Stewart, who I think is not better than Travis Henry.

WARHORSE
05-03-2008, 04:49 PM
Our O-Line is going to be sick. Once Cutler has time in the pocket everyone is in big big trouble.

http://i239.photobucket.com/albums/ff302/ScarfaceBroncos2007/NFL%20Draft%2008/LT/436380726_t335.jpg

Yup......SICK.

Thinking about Cutler playing last year unbeknownst that diabetes was beginning to take a toll on his physicality makes me hope for even higher things for him this year as well as the team. If being tired during the games from the onset of diabetes affected him last year, his running could be more of a factor in our offense this coming year.

.....But only if he lays down when it comes to takin hits. I hate to see a man lay down, but Id rather see that then him going out. If its the superbowl, let it all hang out.

This coming year, the Denver Broncos are gonna be the team that no one predicts to do anything.

And thats why it will be too late once the heads start rollin...........:salute:

underrated29
05-04-2008, 09:01 PM
Good thing we grabbed a true LT in Clady and not Johnathan Stewart, who I think is not better than Travis Henry.

Stewart is going to be a probowler in 2 years. Even for the crappy carolina panthers.

I love Henry, but stewart owns him in every category. Marahswn lynch too.

Clady is not the OL guy i wanted, but hey he takes care of a need. Even if clady dominates do you think he and a healthy line will send a player to the probowl?

I am just not so sure yet. But i still am very excited.