PDA

View Full Version : BroncosForums/SCIBFA Gathering 2008

Colorado4Life
04-30-2008, 04:54 PM
Attention: we must have a Broncos gathering, or get together this upcoming season. We can either do it somewhere in Indiana, Ohio, Illinois, Missouri, or Kentucky. Personally I would prefer Indiana as it is where I reside and two years ago we were in Missouri, but the year before that it was Indiana. We need to discuss this and work out a date and find out how many people will attend.

Colorado4Life
04-30-2008, 04:55 PM
What dates works for everyone? Who is bringing the chicken wings?

Tned
04-30-2008, 05:55 PM
What's a SCIBFA? It sounds like something they test for on House or ER....

BroncoBJ
05-01-2008, 02:58 AM
Why cant we have a Broncos gathering in Colorado?
Afterall thats where the Broncos play. :lol:

But The only 2 places I'd be willing to have a Broncos gathering is Arkansas or Colorado. :elefant:

Watchthemiddle
05-01-2008, 03:06 AM
SCIBFA....:confused:

Broncos = Colorado

Colorado = meeting point for most on here

BroncoBJ
05-01-2008, 03:12 AM
Yea, plus I was always leary about meeting strangers via the interweb.

Theres really only 4 members on this site that I'd want to meet really.

Admin, Tned, TnedTest, and Tned-Mobile. :elefant:

sneakers
05-01-2008, 06:21 AM
Where in Indiana? I can get to Gary (hopefully it isn't there) in 2 1/2 hours, and the southern tip in 7 or 8 hours.

Colorado4Life
05-01-2008, 10:19 AM
SCIBFA....:confused:

Broncos = Colorado

Colorado = meeting point for most on here

Exactly and those who live in Colorado or near Colorado or can afford to make the trip to Colorado are encouraged to gather there. I would certainly be amongst those gathering if I had the money to make it out there. This is a midwest gathering for Broncos fans in exile. So yes have as many gatherings in Colorado as the Broncos do play their home games in Denver.

Colorado4Life
05-01-2008, 10:21 AM
SCIBFA= South Central Indiana Broncos Freak Alliance... This was an organization of several Broncos fans back at BroncosFreak where we would gather to watch games together at someone's house, at Hooter's or Buffalo Wings, or even at the Dome. So again this is not to limit or restrict individual rights to gather but to encourage those who cannot make the trip to Denver to come to Indiana to hang out with fellow Broncos fans in the midwest.

Colorado4Life
05-01-2008, 10:22 AM
Where in Indiana? I can get to Gary (hopefully it isn't there) in 2 1/2 hours, and the southern tip in 7 or 8 hours.

Unless there is someone who lives in Gary that has a bullet proof house, I doubt we'll be meeting there. ;) No but we've held it in Indianapolis, and Alexandria in the past and some of the guys have met in Greenfield and other towns and cities across the state. Of course 9798's place in Springfield Missouri was also a popular destination.

I Bleed Orange and Blue
05-05-2008, 08:20 PM
hmmmmm how bout cleveland the week of the broncos game?

Colorado4Life
05-06-2008, 03:16 PM
hmmmmm how bout cleveland the week of the broncos game?

Are you talking about watching the Cleveland game against the Broncos at Browns Stadium? If so I'll try to make it this upcoming year if I can get up there and have the money. Most of the gatherings we have had so far are at someone's house or somewhere that we watch the game on TV, but I really would try to make it up to Cleveland if I can afford it.. I wanted to go up to Chicago last season with a buddy of mine but was so short of money that it wasn't feasible. :elefant:

I Bleed Orange and Blue
05-06-2008, 08:55 PM
Are you talking about watching the Cleveland game against the Broncos at Browns Stadium? If so I'll try to make it this upcoming year if I can get up there and have the money. Most of the gatherings we have had so far are at someone's house or somewhere that we watch the game on TV, but I really would try to make it up to Cleveland if I can afford it.. I wanted to go up to Chicago last season with a buddy of mine but was so short of money that it wasn't feasible. :elefant:

well yeah thats what i meant, but even if its not that week...there is a HUGE sports bar that shows all the games in a suburb here and i know the owner, so getting a large group to sit together there wouldn't be a problem. Unfortuantely im going to 9 games this year, so if its one of the ones im not going to you guys would be more than welcome to come here...... i know cleveland might be a little faor for some of you, but i know people that would come. the website to the bar is www.goharpos.com check it out and tell me what you think.

Meck77
05-07-2008, 12:49 AM
I ran across this place a couple months ago. Seems to be a off shoot of the old freaks? I tried to drop a post there a few weeks ago and the darn place didn't even accept my old password.

Tned
05-07-2008, 07:42 AM
I ran across this place a couple months ago. Seems to be a off shoot of the old freaks? I tried to drop a post there a few weeks ago and the darn place didn't even accept my old password.

If your talking about using your old broncosfreak password here, it wouldn't work, because it is a different message board. This place initially start with ex-broncomania folk, and then a lot of ex-Freaks joined us around the first of the year.

Meck77
05-07-2008, 08:33 AM
Looks like a nice site. I wasn't implying this was the freaks. I just recognized some of the handles from there as well as the Broncos site and wasn't sure which site it spun off from so to speak.

Tned
05-07-2008, 12:20 PM
Looks like a nice site. I wasn't implying this was the freaks. I just recognized some of the handles from there as well as the Broncos site and wasn't sure which site it spun off from so to speak.

I was just trying to explain why your username/password wouldn't have worked.

While we originally spun off of broncomania (Broncos Country), we are now a mixture of mostly ex-mania and ex-freaks, but I should add that quite a few people post both here and on mania, so the ex tag might not be quite right.

Colorado4Life
05-07-2008, 12:31 PM
Who can I complain to when the head of the forum goes off topic? lol