PDA

View Full Version : Another new Broncos fan here- thoughts on Tebows college doubters

secund2nun
04-24-2010, 03:06 PM
I am a Gator fan and now a big Broncos fan. The broncos fans sure are gonna get of new fans all through out the 20 million population state of Florida. Once the jaguars move to LA, I the city of Jax will start following the Broncos closely as their primary team.

For some reason the states of Mississippi and Alabama, which don't care about the NFL usually, love Tebow a lot as well.

Financially Denver made the best draft pick in NFL history, especially taking Jersey sales into account. Tebow may sell more jerseys this year than Brady and Manning.

As for a player, I have learned never to doubt Tebow after seeing doubters fail. It is rarely mentioned today, but after his freshmen year many rivals started saying that "Tebow will not be able to pass in the SEC and be a QB in the SEC". This was strange and made no sense since Tim Tebow set the HS Florida record for most career TD passes. Tebow's junior HS season was similar to his sophomore college season. I forgot the stats exactly but it was about 35-40 passing TDs 20+ rushing TDs in class 4A Florida football.

A lot of people were on that Tebow will fail as a QB in college bandwagon- about the same number of people that are on the Tebow cannot make the NFL bandwagon currently.

They quickly got proven wrong. You could say they got OWNED since Tebow had a legendary Heisman season with 32 TD passes and only 6 INTs in addition to his rushing TDs.

They of course shut up and then moved onto the whole "Tebow can't win a big game" bandwagon which was equally ridiculous. That 2007 Gator team was arguably one of the youngest teams in NCAA history. 75% of the starters on offense and defense were either true freshmen or true sophomores. Out of the 4 losses the Gators suffered in 2007, 3 of them were due to the defense in games where the offense and Tim Tebow played amazing. In that one loss, Tebow still had a solid game. Tebow took an offense that was mainly freshmen/sophomores and turned it into one of the best offenses in the country.

Tebow proved these "Tebow can't win a big game" people wrong when he won the the SEC title in 2008 against Bama with Percy Harvin out for the game and when he won the title against OU.

After their latest defeat, these doubters now moved onto the Tebow will fail in the NFL bandwagon. While Tebow, like all prospects, has legit concerns some of the stuff these doubters say is ridiculous.

Idk where the Tebow has a weak arm stuff started. It is not true. Tebow has at least average arm strength compared to the typical NFL starter. Also Tebow has great accuracy on the run and great accuracy in clutch situations, which is rarely mentioned.

Also when people say Tebow has an iron will to win and is a winner, the doubters say "so did Matt Leinhart, Ken Dorsey, Troy Smith, Chris Leak, Akili Smith, Danny Wuerffel etc." Well its not the same for them actually. I never saw any of those guy ever display anything close to the the will to win like Tebow did. I never saw any of those guys take a team on their back and lead them to victory like Tebow did. Tebow's will to win and improve is extremely rare, even for Heisman winners.

The draft is a crapshoot. I don't see any reason why Tebow can't make it. Imo Tom Brady is the greatest QB ever and the scouts/fans would have called the Patriots pick the worst in NFL history if it would have been a 1st rounder in the 2000 draft instead of a 6th rounder. Fan polls would have graded it an F just like they graded the Broncos Tebow pick an F.

DenBronx
04-24-2010, 03:08 PM
I'm not even going to bet against this kid.

No way...not in a million years.

Tebow4Ever
04-24-2010, 03:09 PM
Welcome to the boards, Nice 1st post. I am definately a Tebow supporter and thing that he adds some very intriguing talent to the Denver Broncos. I do not think he will be our starter this year,However we will definately see him on the field in some different scenarios. He's a great kid with a fabulous atitude, which is what McD was looking for when he got rid of Cutler.He is a winner, and the more I hear from him. The more excited I get.